PDA

View Full Version : War Chest

spike220
13-03-2020, 07:57 AM
Given the difficult circumstances facing our club and the good they do. Whatis the appetite like of people putting sime extra money into the club if the worst happens and we are forced into playing behind closed doors or ending the the season early.

Is there a current mechanism to achieve this?

Tambo
13-03-2020, 08:04 AM
If played behind closed doors, clubs surely have to offer online viewing for a reasonable price and season ticket holders get it for free.

theonlywayisup
13-03-2020, 08:07 AM
If played behind closed doors, clubs surely have to offer online viewing for a reasonable price and season ticket holders get it for free.

That's what I would like to see happen and would even be happy to pay a discounted monthly subscription.

Michael
13-03-2020, 08:08 AM

That would be good, but can't see it happening due to the TV rights.

Itsnoteasy
13-03-2020, 08:10 AM
Given the difficult circumstances facing our club and the good they do. Whatis the appetite like of people putting sime extra money into the club if the worst happens and we are forced into playing behind closed doors or ending the the season early.

Seriously. And what good do they do that would make me want to part with my hard earned cash. Have we not recently been bought over by a multi millionaire

Onceinawhile
13-03-2020, 08:11 AM

I'll be honest, no appetite from me. I'll be needing to keep any extra money for myself in case my wife or I can't work.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2020, 08:11 AM
Do hibs not have large cash reserves?
Plus season tickets are due to go on sale

J-C
13-03-2020, 08:13 AM
Games could be shown on the website with a log in via your existing membership but I can't see anything like this happening, I can see the league being suspended till further notice with the league possibly extended into June/July.

JXM73
13-03-2020, 08:15 AM

**** off Ron, we're already ponying up for yer indoor pitch

J-C
13-03-2020, 08:17 AM
I'll be honest, no appetite from me. I'll be needing to keep any extra money for myself in case my wife or I can't work.

I'm the same, I'm self employed and already I'm seeing a big difference in punters using taxis in the last week it will only get worse. I've taken to using extra anti bacterial wipes and wiping down door handles etc after every fare I get, having the partition between driver and punter makes taxi's one of the safest for of public transport out there just now.

Caversham Green
13-03-2020, 08:20 AM

They did have large cash reserves at the start of the season but that was inflated by season ticket sales for the current season and will have been whittled down by wages etc over the course of the season. Using next season's ST sales for this season's costs only move the problem down the road a bit - i.e. it would reduce next season's budget.

Abandoning this season will cause financial problems for all clubs unless they can find alternative income streams.

I'd be up for subscribing to an online viewing arrangement even though I probably wouldn't watch all the games.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2020, 08:27 AM
They did have large cash reserves at the start of the season but that was inflated by season ticket sales for the current season and will have been whittled down by wages etc over the course of the season. Using next season's ST sales for this season's costs only move the problem down the road a bit - i.e. it would reduce next season's budget.

Abandoning this season will cause financial problems for all clubs unless they can find alternative income streams.

I'd be up for subscribing to an online viewing arrangement even though I probably wouldn't watch all the games.

Will the clubs still get the League payments, based on their league position

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2020, 08:38 AM

When fans themselves could be in financial crisis due to self isolation?

Carheenlea
13-03-2020, 08:44 AM
When fans themselves could be in financial crisis due to self isolation?

The knock on could mean everyone having less disposable income, if any at all if unable to work. The last priority on the family finances will be throwing some cash Hibs way.

mcfly
13-03-2020, 08:49 AM

Football is a luxury for most - if there is the threat of a virus or becoming ill and unable to attend work/football then I’d say family comes first.

Sorry but hibs will already have the season ticket money for people that now likely cannot go to the matches. Those people have already paid up front.

Chances of being able to sell season tickets for a season that no one knows when will end and new one starts is a concern too.

It’s a case of wait and see for us all but on a list of priorities at the moment my own job, health and family health is far more important to me.

spike220
13-03-2020, 09:08 AM
Will the clubs still get the League payments, based on their league position

This may be a good time to invest if other clubs have to unload thier better players to balance the books

DH1875
13-03-2020, 09:24 AM

Will people buy season tickets though? I'm sure some will but if they stop the league on Monday and we are no further forward with the disease in 2/3 months time will people fork out hundreds on season tickets. I'm not so sure.

jacomo
13-03-2020, 09:28 AM
That would be good, but can't see it happening due to the TV rights.

If games happen in empty stadiums, folk will congregate in pubs to watch them unless alternative arrangements are put in place. This would be totally counter-productive and possibly increase spread of covid-19.

English FA already saying they are minded to suspend the Saturday 3pm blackout. I think TV companies would be amenable to temporary relaxation of broadcast rights.

Anthony Soprano
13-03-2020, 09:34 AM
No, I've given Hibs plenty already this season as have the thousands of other that have forked out for season tickets.

Our primary concern should be the security of our families.

Jim44
13-03-2020, 09:46 AM
I'm the same, I'm self employed and already I'm seeing a big difference in punters using taxis in the last week it will only get worse. I've taken to using extra anti bacterial wipes and wiping down door handles etc after every fare I get, having the partition between driver and punter makes taxi's one of the safest for of public transport out there just now.

I feel for everybody, whose livelihood is compromised by this virus and I really admire your efforts to keep your vehicle as sterile as possible. In terms of your last statement regarding the comparative safety of black taxi interiors, I read that the virus’s life is shorter on hard surfaces and easier to clean from them. However, soft surfaces hold the virus longer and are more difficult to clean properly.

J-C
13-03-2020, 09:59 AM
I feel for everybody, whose livelihood is compromised by this virus and I really admire your efforts to keep your vehicle as sterile as possible. In terms of your last statement regarding the comparative safety of black taxi interiors, I read that the virus’s life is shorter on hard surfaces and easier to clean from them. However, soft surfaces hold the virus longer and are more difficult to clean properly.

TBH there are no soft surfaces in taxis any more, all seats are vinyl, floors are a hard wearing rubber, they're like this now for ease of cleaning and keeping up the standards. The older cabs used to have a velour type seat but was a bugger to keep clean, so it change a few years ago, having the heavy duty plastic partition between us and the punter is a good, only a small hole to hand your money through.

JeMeSouviens
13-03-2020, 11:10 AM

It's the exact opposite I think. Hard plastic and stainless steel are where it can survive longest.

J-C
13-03-2020, 11:24 AM
It's the exact opposite I think. Hard plastic and stainless steel are where it can survive longest.

I think you're right, hence why we're trying to get all cabbies to wipe down surfaces after each fare.

Jim44
13-03-2020, 11:35 AM

I think you're right, hence why we're trying to get all cabbies to wipe down surfaces after each fare.

Apologies for my misleading information. Keep up the good work J-C.:aok:

silverhibee
13-03-2020, 11:35 AM

It's only a game of football, people may lose there jobs, will struggle for money at this time as more restrictions are implemented due to this virus, folk won't be wanting to hand over extra cash to a football club when things are going to get very tight financially for most folk over the next few weeks and months.

WhileTheChief..
13-03-2020, 12:28 PM
TBH there are no soft surfaces in taxis any more, all seats are vinyl, floors are a hard wearing rubber, they're like this now for ease of cleaning and keeping up the standards. The older cabs used to have a velour type seat but was a bugger to keep clean, so it change a few years ago, having the heavy duty plastic partition between us and the punter is a good, only a small hole to hand your money through.

Money is one of the biggest contributors to spreading germs in normal circumstances so I'd imagine it can easily carry the virus too.

It's impossible to not touch things that might carry it, no matter your best intentions and efforts I'm afraid.

Get you customers to pay with contactless card or their phone!

J-C
13-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Money is one of the biggest contributors to spreading germs in normal circumstances so I'd imagine it can easily carry the virus too.

It's impossible to not touch things that might carry it, no matter your best intentions and efforts I'm afraid.

Get you customers to pay with contactless card or their phone!

This is very true, unfortunately we can only be as vigil as is possible, I have a hand sanitiser that I use after every fare, it takes 2 secs to do, we can only do our best.

Man Down Under
13-03-2020, 01:35 PM
I reckon they should just make Hibs TV half price for the month.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

green day
13-03-2020, 02:40 PM
I am self employed and if my work drops off a cliff, so does my income.

I will struggle to get the dough together for the season ticket never mind some extra for Hibs.

To be honest bills will be the main priority for many.................

Weegreenman
13-03-2020, 03:22 PM

I already get it for free 😉

SingaporeHibs
13-03-2020, 03:47 PM
The chances of this passing quickly enough to get life back to normal before the season ends (the dates currently set) are minimal at best. The largest fixed costs of a Football club are already sunk. Could there be a real risk that cancellation of the season from now could put a number of clubs out of business??
Hibs are thankfully in a great financial position relative to the vast majority of clubs in Scotland.

tamig
13-03-2020, 03:53 PM
I am self employed and if my work drops off a cliff, so does my income.

I will struggle to get the dough together for the season ticket never mind some extra for Hibs.

To be honest bills will be the main priority for many.................

Just catching up on this thread and was going to make exactly the same point. We are not all salaried folk on here who get paid no matter what.

wallpaperman
13-03-2020, 04:13 PM
The chances of this passing quickly enough to get life back to normal before the season ends (the dates currently set) are minimal at best. The largest fixed costs of a Football club are already sunk. Could there be a real risk that cancellation of the season from now could put a number of clubs out of business??
Hibs are thankfully in a great financial position relative to the vast majority of clubs in Scotland.

It could be that many clubs, including Hibs, may have very little to spend on free agent signings for next season.

And if that’s the case, then clubs will just have to get on with what they’ve got, be more aggressive with promoting young players and to an extent let them ‘sink or swim’. Could be the making of some of the kids.

McD
13-03-2020, 04:54 PM
If games happen in empty stadiums, folk will congregate in pubs to watch them unless alternative arrangements are put in place. This would be totally counter-productive and possibly increase spread of covid-19.

English FA already saying they are minded to suspend the Saturday 3pm blackout. I think TV companies would be amenable to temporary relaxation of broadcast rights.

I think it’s the government that have the Saturday afternoon blackout restriction in place, not the English fa

Keith_M
13-03-2020, 05:15 PM
I don't think the OP was suggesting that everybody had to contribute.

I'd be happy to contribute if it helped keep the club afloat and would totally understand that not everybody's in a position to do so.