PDA

View Full Version : NHC The Ibrox bottle

theonlywayisup
13-03-2020, 07:09 AM
Wonder what sanctions UEFA will take?

The BBC report stated "On a disappointing night for the Scottish Premiership side, a glass bottle was thrown onto the pitch from the crowd in the final few moments before being picked up by Leverkusen's Moussa Diaby."

The Daily Record report stated "Rangers face a hefty sanction from UEFA after a bottle was thrown at Bayer Leverkusen 's Leon Bailey. The Jamaican international had curled in the third goal of the match as the German visitors took a commanding lead in the Europa League tie. Bailey and his team-mates ran away to celebrate and a bottle was launched in the direction of the goalscorer. The bottle was then picked up by team-mate Moussa Diaby.

That will likely bring a hefty sanction from UEFA , who have issued partial stadium bans to Rangers already this season. A pair of previous Europa League matches were played with empty sections after sectarian signing was detected by UEFA's observers. Previous fan behaviour will be taken into account in sanctioning and Rangers can expect to be hammered by the governing body."

Bizarrely, the Glasgow Evening Times reported "Moussa Diaby was caught on BT Sport cameras picking up the bottle. It's not the first time this season there has been issues within Scottish football grounds involving items being thrown from the stands. We told how Alfredo Morelos was targeted by Motherwell fans after he scored at Fir Park. James Tavernier was also hit by an object at Pittodrie. Rangers have been approached for comment." somehow trying to imply that The Rangers players themselves get targeted.

hibsbollah
13-03-2020, 07:15 AM
What a bizarrely worded final paragraph. 'Diaby was caught by bt sport cameras picking up the bottle' :dunno: 'caught', as if he was the culprit! And then the reference to it happening at 'Scottish football grounds' with reference to occasions where Rangers were the victims of it.

You have to read it a few times before you realise who's actually at fault.

Weegreenman
13-03-2020, 07:16 AM
They need to make examples of those idiots that take it upon themselves to throw missiles onto the field of play.

I think it’s more a society problem than any one clubs supporters.

All clubs have a minority that let everyone down.

Until we meat out real punishments, then I don’t see an end to this particular problem.

jacomo
13-03-2020, 08:03 AM
They need to make examples of those idiots that take it upon themselves to throw missiles onto the field of play.

I think it’s more a society problem than any one clubs supporters.

All clubs have a minority that let everyone down.

Until we meat out real punishments, then I don’t see an end to this particular problem.

True. Some clubs, however, prefer to play the victim card rather than try to tackle the issue head on.

JXM73
13-03-2020, 09:15 AM
As punishment they'll be no second leg....

Hibbyradge
13-03-2020, 10:26 AM
Hibs fans at Ibrox again. :bitchy:

brianmc
13-03-2020, 12:31 PM
At least there was one hun at Ibrox with bottle 🤣

Keith_M
13-03-2020, 12:43 PM
Those damn Cup Final Supporters again.

KingPat4
13-03-2020, 01:57 PM
Don't the Hun still have an outstanding charge against them for sectarian singing at Braga?

DaveF
13-03-2020, 01:59 PM
What shocked me is that it didn't look like a bottle of Buckie.

givescotlandfreedom
13-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Gerrard will undoubtedly be commenting again and calling for harsh measures against Huns right? https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/steven-gerrard-calls-harsher-punishment-after-easter-road-bottle-throwing-incident-1348427

easty
13-03-2020, 02:41 PM
What shocked me is that it didn't look like a bottle of Buckie.

didnt it?

DaveF
13-03-2020, 02:43 PM
didnt it?

I only saw it the once live last night so may well be wrong.