PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen season tickets on sale

Steven79
11-03-2020, 01:54 PM
It really is scary how far ahead of Hibs they are in marketing their season tickets.

All kids under 12 get a free AberDMA membership.

The Red Shed will be in the Merkland every game next season.

The Upper tier of the Richard Donald Stand will be closed to help improve the atmosphere.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/03/11/20-21-season-tickets-on-sale-now/

Take note Hibs as this is how you do it and we have a far better ground and "product" to sell.

Onceinawhile
11-03-2020, 01:57 PM
It really is scary how far ahead of Hibs they are in marketing their season tickets.

The Upper tier of the Richard Donald Stand will be closed to help improve the atmosphere.

Take note Hibs as this is how you do it and we have a far better ground and "product" to sell.

All kids get a hibs kids membership.

We have enough season ticket holders that we don't need to close a part of our stadium.

The only one that you can really pick at there is the "red shed" idea. But with us filling a larger% of our ground through season tickets than Aberdeen do, it was never going to be as easy to make it happen for since 1875 at Easter Road.

Steven79
11-03-2020, 02:01 PM
All kids get a hibs kids membership.

We have enough season ticket holders that we don't need to close a part of our stadium.

The only one that you can really pick at there is the "red shed" idea. But with us filling a larger% of our ground through season tickets than Aberdeen do, it was never going to be as easy to make it happen for since 1875 at Easter Road.

Aberdeen are giving these away this for free and that includes two free homes games which will likely get kids going to matches as well as bringing an adult along.

Also most games this season you could have got everybody (including the away fans) in three sides of the ground.

Jones28
11-03-2020, 02:03 PM
We’re going to have to upset some people to make a change, Aberdeen will have but it’s for the greater good.

B.H.F.C
11-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Aberdeen are giving these away this for free and that includes two free homes games which will likely get kids going to matches as well as bringing an adult along.

Also most games this season you could have got everybody (including the away fans) in three sides of the ground.

13,000 season tickets were sold this year, whether the folk who bought them chose to turn up or not is a different story but it wouldn’t be practical or sensible for the club to be closing part of the ground based on those sales

Could we have looked at rejigging things? Maybe. But the ‘red shed’ was in operation at the weekend and didn’t make any difference to the place.

Steven79
11-03-2020, 02:06 PM
Hibs have far more potential than Aberdeen will ever have but we need to stop limiting ourselves and try new things.

They have a ****hole of a ground and a team that play "football" that would get the sport banned but they are going about attracting the next generation of fans in a far better way than the current lot at Easter Road who are giving them a sterile atmosphere.

B.H.F.C
11-03-2020, 02:07 PM
We’re going to have to upset some people to make a change, Aberdeen will have but it’s for the greater good.

Re the part of the ground they are closing, there was a handful of folk in there at the weekend so much easier for them to make the change.

I’m all for us moving the singing section to the FFL but I don’t think there is a direct comparison with Aberdeen here.

Steven79
11-03-2020, 02:08 PM
13,000 season tickets were sold this year, whether the folk who bought them chose to turn up or not is a different story but it wouldn’t be practical or sensible for the club to be closing part of the ground based on those sales

Could we have looked at rejigging things? Maybe. But the ‘red shed’ was in operation at the weekend and didn’t make any difference to the place.

But we aren't even trying to try to change things going from the leaked season ticket microsite.

Same old crap with the Famous Five lower being more or less empty for run of the mill league games and even emptier for cup ties.

GreenCastle
11-03-2020, 02:10 PM
The way forward is singing section in 2 blocks closest to East.

Move any ST holders to another part of FF or above / another part of ground.

I would also make the FF lower unreserved seating - encouraging fans to turn up early and get a seat.

Credit to Aberdeen for trying something different.

Hibs like most things play it safe and miss out on an opportunity of improvement. Frustrating!

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2020, 02:11 PM

Hardly scary. Its not as if Hibs fans are suddenly going to stop buying seasons at ER in favour of one in Pittodrie.

They are doing things a little differently... so what?

Steven79
11-03-2020, 02:12 PM
Hardly scary. Its not as if Hibs fans are suddenly going to stop buying seasons at ER in favour of one in Pittodrie.

They are doing things a little differently... so what?

While we just do the same old and nothing will change...

Steven79
11-03-2020, 02:12 PM
Hibs like most things play it safe and miss out on an opportunity of improvement. Frustrating!

Very much so!

green day
11-03-2020, 02:13 PM

All kids in the Aberdeenshire area being offered that free Aberdna membership - its a good deal.

Not convinced reducing their capacity to 15000 is a good idea, but understand their reasons. Will be good to see how it works.

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 02:13 PM

The Red Shed wasn’t in operation on Saturday. It’s only been cup games when their ST’s weren’t valid.

B.H.F.C
11-03-2020, 02:14 PM
But we aren't even trying to try to change things going from the leaked season ticket microsite.

Same old crap with the Famous Five lower being more or less empty for run of the mill league games and even emptier for cup ties.

My take on it is that things will change but not overnight, based on what was said at the AGM. The move to gold/silver/bronze areas is the first thing.

Over 80% of the seats available in our three home stands had season tickets bought for them. I’d like then to do something with the singing section, but surely you can see that makes it a different proposition to what Aberdeen are faced with? As I say, I’m critical of Hibs when it comes to this type of thing but Aberdeen isn’t a fair comparison.

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 02:15 PM
Aberdeen have closed the top tear of the Richard Donald stand on and off for years. Their home crowds are pish. Our % of seats sold each week means we can’t even consider closing an area like that.

B.H.F.C
11-03-2020, 02:15 PM
The Red Shed wasn’t in operation on Saturday. It’s only been cup games when their ST’s weren’t valid.

There was a big board outside the away end advertising the red shed for our game.

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2020, 02:16 PM
While we just do the same old and nothing will change...

...except we are not. There are a whole lot of develpments going on at ER over the summer, our seating and pricing structure is changing and yet a small vociferous group who want to dictate to the vast majority what constitutes a good day out at the football want to impose their "vision" on everyone regardless.

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 02:17 PM
There was a big board outside the away end advertising the red shed for our game.

That’s as maybe but they only do it for home cup games. For the same reason we can’t just shift the singing section to the FF lower for league games.

Andy74
11-03-2020, 02:18 PM
So basically they are able to do a couple of things because they have a large number of unsold seats every week.

That's a good thing is it?

Let's see what our season ticket and attendances look like in due course.

Steven79
11-03-2020, 02:19 PM
That’s as maybe but they only do it for home cup games. For the same reason we can’t just shift the singing section to the FF lower for league games.

Stadium Changes
The Following changes will be implemented for the coming Season;

Merkland Stand- Following the successful trials against Dumbarton & Kilmarnock, The Red Shed will become a permanent fixture for the 2020/21 season. Merkland Block 7 will be allocated seating as usual. Please note that all current Merkland Season Ticket holders will be contacted by the Customer Service team over the coming weeks. If you have not heard anything, please contact the Ticket Office on 01224 631903

Weegreenman
11-03-2020, 02:19 PM
Maybe just maybe if our players turned up for a derby now and again, we wouldn’t need any gimmicks to sell season tickets.
Supporters constantly get let down by our players. We can take defeat but not in the manner we have done over the years.
Winning the cup has added a few thousand on to our gates but I think it won’t be long before we go back to lower crowds again.
It’ll most likely start at Hampden, were I think we’ll absolutely struggle to sell anymore than 15k

I think the fans have had enough of humiliating defeats.

MrRobot
11-03-2020, 02:25 PM
So basically they are able to do a couple of things because they have a large number of unsold seats every week.

That's a good thing is it?

Let's see what our season ticket and attendances look like in due course.

Better marketing apparently means selling less of your product in this case.

SquashedFrogg
11-03-2020, 02:26 PM
Maybe just maybe if our players turned up for a derby now and again, we wouldn’t need any gimmicks to sell season tickets.
Supporters constantly get let down by our players. We can take defeat but not in the manner we have done over the years.
Winning the cup has added a few thousand on to our gates but I think it won’t be long before we go back to lower crowds again.
It’ll most likely start at Hampden, were I think we’ll absolutely struggle to sell anymore than 15k

If fans can't handle defeats then maybe best they find something else to do on a Saturday.

I don't think Hibs are for them.

GreenCastle
11-03-2020, 02:29 PM
My take on it is that things will change but not overnight, based on what was said at the AGM. The move to gold/silver/bronze areas is the first thing.

Over 80% of the seats available in our three home stands had season tickets bought for them. I’d like then to do something with the singing section, but surely you can see that makes it a different proposition to what Aberdeen are faced with? As I say, I’m critical of Hibs when it comes to this type of thing but Aberdeen isn’t a fair comparison.

It would surely make sense to do the new pricing / zones at same time as moving fans ? Would actually make it easier.

Instead some fans will need to move next season then possibly move again the season after.

marinello59
11-03-2020, 02:31 PM
The way forward is singing section in 2 blocks closest to East.

Move any ST holders to another part of FF or above / another part of ground.

I would also make the FF lower unreserved seating - encouraging fans to turn up early and get a seat.

Credit to Aberdeen for trying something different.

The Red Shed is possible because that club can offer a family friendly response to the atmosphere in an area of their ground which has few ST holders in it. Perhaps the singing section could make it clear to the families in the FF lower that they want them to be an integral part of improving the atmosphere rather than what has rightly or wrongly looked like an attempt to displace them.

Steven79
11-03-2020, 02:33 PM
It would surely make sense to do the new pricing / zones at same time as moving fans ? Would actually make it easier.

Instead some fans will need to move next season then possibly move again the season after.

Exactly! It would make much more sense and we still have time to change as the season tickets still haven't went on sale...

Steven79
11-03-2020, 02:34 PM
The Red Shed is possible because that club can offer a family friendly response to the atmosphere in an area of their ground which has few ST holders in it. Perhaps the singing section could make it clear to the families in the FF lower that they want them to be an integral part of improving the atmosphere rather than what has rightly or wrongly looked like an attempt to displace them.

Actually the Merkland is full of season ticket holders.

https://tickets.afc.co.uk/en-GB/subscriptions/season%20ticket%202020-21?sb2m=1&hallmap

GreenCastle
11-03-2020, 02:37 PM

How many ST did the Red Shed have ?

I don’t think they have been aggressive to moving and as highlighted at the ICT game - some kids actually joined in / moved to be part of it.

That’s why we should do the unreserved seating idea. A compromise- fans get to stay in FF lower but also have the added bonus of an improved ER atmosphere and chance to have a good seat each week providing they arrive early (use the kids zone etc) and get fans at the stadium earlier.

Longer term this will hooks kids to Hibs longer than some vanilla half empty stand.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2020, 02:37 PM
They’ve got a cheek to call anything platinum in that dump of a stadium

B.H.F.C
11-03-2020, 02:46 PM

I don’t think many people will move on the basis of the pricing.

I think the club will be anticipating a drop in season tickets. As Aberdeen are showing, having a less populated stadium makes changing things about a bit more straightforward. I think it’ll happen in the fullness of time.

marinello59
11-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Actually the Merkland is full of season ticket holders.

https://tickets.afc.co.uk/en-GB/subscriptions/season%20ticket%202020-21?sb2m=1&hallmap

Full? I don't think so.....there's over 900 seats available for sale.

marinello59
11-03-2020, 02:52 PM
How many ST did the Red Shed have ?

I don’t think they have been aggressive to moving and as highlighted at the ICT game - some kids actually joined in / moved to be part of it.

That’s why we should do the unreserved seating idea. A compromise- fans get to stay in FF lower but also have the added bonus of an improved ER atmosphere and chance to have a good seat each week providing they arrive early (use the kids zone etc) and get fans at the stadium earlier.

Longer term this will hooks kids to Hibs longer than some vanilla half empty stand.

That's why I said rightly or wrongly. To be fair it was probably more a case of people outside the group demanding the existing ST holders be moved because they don't attend enough. And of course you will get the dinosaurs who don't want kids anywhere near their particular version of what constitutes an atmosphere.
You are right, the ICT game did show that kids wanted to join in so its a good starting point for future discussions.

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2020, 02:56 PM

Has our Season Ticket marketing campaign been launched and I missed it?

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 03:01 PM

A quick check of results since the start on 2014 shows we’ve won 6 games and they’ve won 5. Could be better but since they stopped financial doping our players have turned up now and again.

Steven79
11-03-2020, 03:03 PM

Going by what has been leaked nothing will change.

Also it's as expensive to sit in the Famous Five Lower for an adult as it is to sit in the Famous Five Upper or sections 38/44 in the East or sections 14/11 in the West Upper.

GreenCastle
11-03-2020, 03:09 PM
I don’t think many people will move on the basis of the pricing.

I think the club will be anticipating a drop in season tickets. As Aberdeen are showing, having a less populated stadium makes changing things about a bit more straightforward. I think it’ll happen in the fullness of time.

I’m doubt the club will be thinking about sales dropping - if that’s the mentality of those in the job we should be looking to hire folk who actually know how to improve attendances.

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Going by what has been leaked nothing will change.

Also it's as expensive to sit in the Famous Five Lower for an adult as it is to sit in the Famous Five Upper or sections 38/44 in the East or sections 14/11 in the West Upper.

So it hasn’t then, I’ll wait for it to be announced before I think about criticising it.

B.H.F.C
11-03-2020, 03:19 PM
I’m doubt the club will be thinking about sales dropping - if that’s the mentality of those in the job we should be looking to hire folk who actually know how to improve attendances.

They’d have to be daft not to be thinking about them dropping. They’ll know how many have actually been attending this season, as opposed o tickets sold, so they’ll know that there have been more empty seats this season.

Probably one of the reasons certain seats are costing more IMO.

marinello59
11-03-2020, 03:19 PM

Not officially. Let's hope they don't throw in the towel like Aberdeen have and close a section of the ground.

KingPat4
11-03-2020, 03:21 PM
We need to make signings early in the summer to encourage people to renew. And quality over quantity. Does the board really grasp the whole singing section and atmosphere thing?

I'm still not convinced they do.

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2020, 03:21 PM
Not officially. Let's hope they don't throw in the towel like Aberdeen have and close a section of the ground.

No,we won’t make the same mistake as Aberdeen.

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2020, 03:24 PM
...except we are not. There are a whole lot of develpments going on at ER over the summer, our seating and pricing structure is changing and yet a small vociferous group who want to dictate to the vast majority what constitutes a good day out at the football want to impose their "vision" on everyone regardless.

It depends on what you see football as. From my point of view stuff like the pies, how great our pitch side advertising is, a giant screen and lashings of green paint everywhere all have their place. But when you boil it down only three things really matter:

1) ... A winning team
2) ... A winning team playing attractive football
3) ... How good the atmosphere was / is

How can you imply that the folk wanting the 3rd of these things are a small minority? If you don't think a stadium's atmosphere is a huge part of the football experience you've missed the point of what being a football fan means in my opinion. I've said it before, but I genuinely don't see how folk and especially the likes of Ron Gordon can be blind to the fact that in the USA, where more than any other place on earth they know a thing or two about how to keep their customers happy and give them what they want, every club in MLS building a new stadium includes a dedicated standing section behind the goals and the ones who didn't have one are introducing one. Consequently the atmosphere at most MLS games absolutely kicks the arse of an average Hibs game, and that atmosphere is generated by behind the goals singing sections.

Here's two examples from my time supporting Hibs .... A 1 - 0 defeat to Aberdeen in a LC semi back in the 80s at Dens park and our 3 - 0 cup final defeat to Celtic in the 2013 cup final. Even though both games were disappointing defeats all these years later I still remember the brilliant atmosphere our fans created in the end shed at Dens park that night and the outstanding support our fans gave Hibs in the last 10 minutes at Hampden in 2013, it genuinely made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. At neither game did I walk away thinking 'that was brilliant, did you see the paint job on the stand?' ... or, 'a ken we got pumped' but my comfy seat and view of the pitch made up for it and ma pie didnae stick tae the foil'

Atmosphere matters, it matters hugely and its one of the few things a club can directly influence without huge money or luck being needed to achieve it.
If it is true that having a vibrant visible and dynamic singing section ramping up the atmosphere at Easter Road is only important to "a minority" of fans who attend Easter Road or support this club, then we truly have lost sight of what attracted many of us to football in the first place, of its soul in fact !!!

FWIW ... I'm not some wee ned looking for a place to let off my latest smoke bomb, I'm a 60 year old retired office worker who still happens to think that the inside of a professional football stadium should be an explosion of noise passion and colour all the time every time. What we have at Easter Road currently and for years now is a million times removed from that and I for one don't agree that missing a chance to change that, no matter how slim, in order not to upset a bunch of our fans half of whom barely turn up for games is anything like a good trade off.

My MLS analogy is nothing short of depressing. A bunch of football clubs most of which aren't even half as old as I am supported by a load of fans many of whom probably had no interest in 'soccer' ( at least as a spectator sport ) until a few years ago making me envious of their football experience when I watch them on the telly, especially when the club I support is 140 odd years old, but on the question of matchday atmosphere is so far behind these Johnny come lately clubs and fans its embarrassing.

hibeerealist
11-03-2020, 03:25 PM
If fans can't handle defeats then maybe best they find something else to do on a Saturday.

I don't think Hibs are for them.

Always on hand with your unwelcome advice, if the guy takes that last derby derby badly, as a lot of us do, we should sit at home or go do something else FFS what do you do - open the champagne??!!!

Leave supporters who are hurting alone, go and play with your toys.

Jones28
11-03-2020, 03:27 PM
They’ve got a cheek to call anything platinum in that dump of a stadium

It should be classified in varying shades of brown.

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2020, 03:31 PM
It depends on what you see football as. From my point of view stuff like the pies, how great our pitch side advertising is, a giant screen and lashings of green paint everywhere all have their place. But when you boil it down only three things really matter:

1) ... A winning team

How can you imply that the folk wanting the 3rd of these things are a small minority? If you don't think a stadium's atmosphere is a huge part of the football experience you've missed the point of what being a football fan means in my opinion. I've said it before, but I genuinely don't see how folk and especially the likes of Ron Gordon can be blind to the fact that in the USA, where more than any other place on earth they know a thing or two about how to keep their customers happy and give them what they want, every club in MLS building a new stadium includes a dedicated standing section behind the goals and the ones who didn't have one are introducing one. Consequently the atmosphere at most MLS games absolutely kicks the arse of an average Hibs game, and that atmosphere is generated by behind the goals singing sections.

Here's two examples from my time supporting Hibs .... A 1 - 0 defeat to Aberdeen in a LC semi back in the 80s at Dens park and our 3 - 0 cup final defeat to Celtic in the 2013 cup final. Even though both games were disappointing defeats all these years later I still remember the brilliant atmosphere our fans created in the end shed at Dens park that night and the outstanding support our fans gave Hibs in the last 10 minutes at Hampden in 2013, it genuinely made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. At neither game did I walk away thinking 'that was brilliant, did you see the paint job on the stand?' ... or, 'a ken we got pumped' but my comfy seat and view of the pitch made up for it and ma pie didnae stick tae the foil'

Atmosphere matters, it matters hugely and its one of the few things a club can directly influence without huge money or luck being needed to achieve it.
If it is true that having a vibrant visible and dynamic singing section ramping up the atmosphere at Easter Road is only important to "a minority" of fans who attend Easter Road or support this club, then we truly have lost sight of what attracted many of us to football in the first place, of its soul in fact !!!

FWIW ... I'm not some wee ned looking for a place to let off my latest smoke bomb, I'm a 60 year old retired office worker who still happens to think that the inside of a professional football stadium should be an explosion of noise passion and colour all the time every time. What we have at Easter Road currently and for years now is a million times removed from that and I for one don't agree that missing a chance to change that, no matter how slim, in order not to upset a bunch of our fans half of whom barely turn up for games is anything like a good trade off.

My MLS analogy is nothing short of depressing. A bunch of football clubs most of which aren't even half as old as I am supported by a load of fans many of whom probably had no interest in 'soccer' until a few years ago making me envious of their football experience when I watch them on the telly, especially when the club I support is 140 odd years old, but on the question of matchday atmosphere is so far behind these Johnny come lately clubs and fans its embarrassing.

...and breathe

ABZHFC
11-03-2020, 03:33 PM

1) ... A winning team

My MLS analogy is nothing short of depressing. A bunch of football clubs most of which aren't even half as old as I am supported by a load of fans many of whom probably had no interest in 'soccer' ( at least as a spectator sport ) until a few years ago making me envious of their football experience when I watch them on the telly, especially when the club I support is 140 odd years old, but on the question of matchday atmosphere is so far behind these Johnny come lately clubs and fans its embarrassing.

Every single word of this is bang on the money. I'm practically applauding my screen. Well said :agree:

Chorley Hibee
11-03-2020, 03:42 PM

1) ... A winning team

There should be a like button for this post.

Spot on with every word.

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2020, 03:43 PM
...and breathe

Yeh indeed mate ... gives you an idea of how passionately I feel about this :greengrin

I was at the AGM and having already asked a question I felt I shouldn't wade in again when the subject of the FF lower came up. A decision which I now bitterly regret, because no offence to him, but the guy who did bring it up in my opinion wasn't very articulate or persuasive ... not everybody speaks well under pressure.

The arguments as to why the FF lower should be an ultras section are valid and persuasive in my opinion and I wish to hell I had taken the opportunity when I had it to batter Ron Gordon over the head with them and not let him pass the buck to Leanne Dempster who absolutely drowned the poor guy who did ask the question in a torrent of blandness and ho hummery with her response. In fact she jumped in so quickly I got the distinct impression she didn't want Ron Gordon's interest in the subject to be pricked.

BlackSheep
11-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Also notice that aberDNA members get a discounted rate for ST...

green day
11-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Also notice that aberDNA members get a discounted rate for ST...

Yes - e.g if you pay £18 a month (£216 per annum) you get 15% off their platinum early bird - reduction from £434 to £369.

Not sure if thats a good deal for the club or the fan tbh.......................

KingPat4
11-03-2020, 03:51 PM

1) ... A winning team

:top marks

GreenCastle
11-03-2020, 03:53 PM

1) ... A winning team

I pretty much agree with every post you make and this is another great post.

I also agree having witnessed and seen the MLS in action - miles ahead of us when we should be leading the way.

American friends coming to ER will be disappointed with atmosphere as they are used to better in their own league.

flash
11-03-2020, 04:03 PM
Are we now bigging up a club who are closing part of their stadium due to poor crowds?

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Are we now bigging up a club who are closing part of their stadium due to poor crowds?

Apparently so.

Weegreenman
11-03-2020, 04:19 PM
A quick check of results since the start on 2014 shows we’ve won 6 games and they’ve won 5. Could be better but since they stopped financial doping our players have turned up now and again.

Don’t get me started on stats pal. I’m been watching Hibs for 35 years and in that time I can tell you without even looking that our record against them makes for horrifying reading.

Let’s talk about that last Derby though, an absolute trouncing at home to one of the worst Hearts teams I can certainly remember. The manner of that defeat was humiliating and I by my reckoning it’ll take a few thousand off our semifinal total as well as ST sales for next season.
Some of those players were a disgrace on the night. It’s them the players who are to blame. They showed no heart.

JimBHibees
11-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Don’t get me started on stats pal. I’m been watching Hibs for 35 years and in that time I can tell you without even looking that our record against them makes for horrifying reading.

Let’s talk about that last Derby though, an absolute trouncing at home to one of the worst Hearts teams I can certainly remember. The manner of that defeat was humiliating and I by my reckoning it’ll take a few thousand off our semifinal total as well as ST sales for next season.

They certainly didn't play like one of the worst Hearts teams.

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 04:26 PM

Some of those players were a disgrace on the night. It’s them the players who are to blame. They showed no heart.

I’ve been there with you pal. Think I’ve missed 3 or 4 Derbies in 40 years. I’m just stating a fact that in recent years, since the level playing field, our record is better than theirs. That is a fact. Of course the Derby a couple of weeks ago was horrendous. Boxing Day was only a couple of months ago though. That wasn’t so bad. Oh and that is FAR from their worst team.

Weegreenman
11-03-2020, 05:20 PM
I’ve been there with you pal. Think I’ve missed 3 or 4 Derbies in 40 years. I’m just stating a fact that in recent years, since the level playing field, our record is better than theirs. That is a fact. Of course the Derby a couple of weeks ago was horrendous. Boxing Day was only a couple of months ago though. That wasn’t so bad. Oh and that is FAR from their worst team.

The last Derby was a for most a sickener and it’s probably going to cost us support in the near future. Plenty guys I know not going to the semi now. That game was one of the most important considering it’s timing.

GreenCastle
11-03-2020, 05:21 PM

To be fair Hibs should have done this for the ICT game and opened lower tier only - saved some £ rather than whole stand open.

Blaster
11-03-2020, 05:39 PM

Yeah it’s the way to go, but there will be a great atmosphere behind the goals

Since452
11-03-2020, 05:47 PM

Officially reducing their capacity to 15k. Still too much.

Keith_M
11-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Just how many separate threads do we need about moving the Singing Section?

Admins, could you maybe merge this thread with one of the many others on the same topic?

Chuck Rhoades
11-03-2020, 07:33 PM

Admins, could you maybe merge this thread with one of the many others on the same topic?

You do a good job at keeping them all alive!

Jones28
11-03-2020, 08:13 PM
I was listening to Thompson on sportsound saying that Aberdeen are going to have fewer fans at games so how is that going to improve the atmosphere.

The chairman said literally seconds before that it would not reduce numbers, and that the home fans would still be accommodated by the remaining seat.

wookie70
11-03-2020, 11:01 PM
Aberdeen are also moving stadiums in the relatively near future so fans will know their seat is only for a limited period anyway. It is also a good chance for them to look at ideas before they move. We have seats fans have sat in for decades, way before the singing section started. The east nearest the away end is one of the quietest areas of the ground and the SS survey suggests a move there is a good option. Just buy tickets there and you can move without any help from the club.

HibeeHibernian4
11-03-2020, 11:19 PM

Maybe if our supporters weren’t such prima donna fair weather fans then they’d buy season tickets regardless of a derby result?

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 11:58 PM
The last Derby was a for most a sickener and it’s probably going to cost us support in the near future. Plenty guys I know not going to the semi now. That game was one of the most important considering it’s timing.

Anyone who is choosing not to go to the semi cos we lost a couple of weeks ago needs to grow a set. It makes me want to win the game even more just to GIRU them. Imagine how those who didn’t go to the final after we lost the play-off to Falkirk the previous week felt. Mugs!

matty_f
12-03-2020, 01:24 AM

It's hard to believe that there was an atmosphere at Hibs games before we had a singing section.

FWIW, I like what the singing section do but I find some of the posts on here grossly exaggerate the importance and the impact of the singing section.

The ICT game being used as an example of why they should move was not really that representative, imho. From the West Upper, the times where you notice the atmosphere really clocking is when the East gets going.

You hear the singing section, but when the rest of the stadium isn't engaged it's just noise - not atmosphere.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, the guys and girls in there doo a grand job, and their banners and displays have been outstanding, but I think it's really important to remember that they've chosen to do it, and in making that choice they're not all of a sudden more important Orr more integral to the atmosphere than the rest of the support.

When the crowd are right behind the team it doesn't need choreographed singing to build the atmosphere, and I can fully understand why Hibs, having already accommodated the singing section in two areas of the stadium, aren't falling over themselves to change again for a couple of seasons until someone decides they should be in the East, or bang in the middle of the West etc.

As for Aberdeen, good on then for trying to make good a situation where they've undersold their stadium. I'd rather be in our position with more of the ground sold out more often.