PDA

View Full Version : Nations League Play Offs

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Hampden sold out for the visit of Israel but chances are it’ll be played behind closed doors. Norway v Serbia already confirmed behind closed doors and Norway have said that if they make it to the final, that too will be in an empty stadium.

Anyone else booked up for Oslo and/or Belgrade?

The 90+2
11-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Good news for Scotland.

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Good news for Scotland.

What is?

The 90+2
11-03-2020, 01:03 PM
What is?

Norway game behind closed doors.

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Norway game behind closed doors.

Ah I see. Yip, if the games go ahead. Surprisingly, after it was announced Serbia’s odds to win drifted.

The 90+2
11-03-2020, 02:22 PM
Ah I see. Yip, if the games go ahead. Surprisingly, after it was announced Serbia’s odds to win drifted.

I wonder why? Let’s see what happens anyway.

JimBHibees
11-03-2020, 02:50 PM

Serbias odds to beat Norway or qualify?

Nakedmanoncrack
11-03-2020, 05:43 PM
Hampden sold out for the visit of Israel but chances are it’ll be played behind closed doors. Norway v Serbia already confirmed behind closed doors and Norway have said that if they make it to the final, that too will be in an empty stadium.

Yes, booked for Belgrade, very unlikely any of these games will go ahead now though.

The 90+2
11-03-2020, 05:47 PM

It’s a one off game

The 90+2
11-03-2020, 05:48 PM
Yes, booked for Belgrade, very unlikely any of these games will go ahead now though.

That’s some gamble considering Norway are decent.

JimBHibees
11-03-2020, 06:20 PM
It’s a one off game

I know that just wondered whether Serbias odds drifted to beat Norway or get to the Euros.

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 06:20 PM

To qualify for the play-off final. Or to win the tie by any means, not just 90 mins.

JimBHibees
11-03-2020, 06:23 PM
To qualify for the play-off final. Or to win the tie by any means, not just 90 mins.

Seems strange given no crowd involved. Maybe they have had some key injuries.

bod
11-03-2020, 06:23 PM

Yup,booked for both ,arrive in Oslo day before the game & on the 6pm flight to Belgrade, both with Norwegian Air so hopefully they cancel the flights

JOD
11-03-2020, 07:54 PM

Yeah but a bit of a waste now don't know what Serbia position is as I booked also a connection to Belgrade will wait and see 🙏

Nakedmanoncrack
11-03-2020, 08:55 PM
That’s some gamble considering Norway are decent.

Yes, cheap flights, and a good itinerary made it worth the gamble, if we lose the first game, it'll be a nice trip around the Balkans, without the football to ruin it, if we end up in Norway it's only a small loss - that was the thinking.

GreenCastle
11-03-2020, 09:06 PM
Higher chance the Euros will probably be cancelled.

Worst possible time to spread over so many countries.

Joke trying to organise it this way so karma for the suits.

Bristolhibby
11-03-2020, 09:09 PM

Took a punt and booked Oslo.

Got an absolute steal return flights from Stanstead for the Princely sum of £18.

Not bothered if it’s off as there’s not much I can do about it and it’s only 18 quid.

More gutted about the flights I booked for me, my Dad and two boys for the Semi. Will lose about 80 quid on these, that’s even claiming back the tax.

J

The 90+2
11-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Yes, cheap flights, and a good itinerary made it worth the gamble, if we lose the first game, it'll be a nice trip around the Balkans, without the football to ruin it, if we end up in Norway it's only a small loss - that was the thinking.

Good luck man. 👍

Kano Kirsty
07-11-2020, 08:36 PM
Massive game on Thursday, who’s your money on? I reckon Scotland might just nick it with Leigh scoring the winner from a free kick 👍

Lancs Harp
07-11-2020, 08:41 PM
Its a one off game and football being football anything can happen. A stroke of luck, a key player getting injured, a man sent off, a manager getting his tactics right or wrong. I'd make Serbia favourites but Scotland have improved over the past year and are certainly in with a chance.

5-0 Serbia then :wink:

Diclonius
07-11-2020, 08:55 PM
For once I'm happy there's an international break to interrupt the domestic season!

Sir David Gray
07-11-2020, 09:17 PM
It would be very Scotland if we qualified for a tournament for the first time in over 20 years and no-one was allowed to attend it!

tamig
07-11-2020, 09:35 PM
For once I'm happy there's an international break to interrupt the domestic season!

Me too - and purely from a Hibs perspective. If Scotland get a result thats a bonus.

oneone73
07-11-2020, 10:20 PM

We don't have a break though - we're playing Dundee

hibby6270
07-11-2020, 10:20 PM
Scotland and Northern Ireland's Euro 2020 play-off finals will be made free-to-air on UK television, Sky Sports has announced.

No mention yet what channel but we’ll all be able to go through the hell of watching Scotland trying to qualify. Oh goody!! :greengrin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54852816

Onceinawhile
07-11-2020, 11:25 PM
I just don't see us winning, but fingers and toes crossed!!

Col2
07-11-2020, 11:40 PM
At best we might sneak it. But they will be clear favorites.

What a boost the nation would get. We really need it.

Frazerbob
07-11-2020, 11:46 PM
Best chance to reach the finals in over 2 decades. An entire generation have not seen the country gripped with World Cup or Euros fever. HUGE match for the sport in this country. Gutted I’m not going to be there.

JimBHibees
08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
Best chance to reach the finals in over 2 decades. An entire generation have not seen the country gripped with World Cup or Euros fever. HUGE match for the sport in this country. Gutted I’m not going to be there.

Agree huge game and definitely have a chance. Keep it tight nick a goal and they may lose the plot. No serb fans there evens the game out imo.

JGS56
08-11-2020, 09:46 AM
Scotland and Northern Ireland's Euro 2020 play-off finals will be made free-to-air on UK television, Sky Sports has announced.

No mention yet what channel but we’ll all be able to go through the hell of watching Scotland trying to qualify. Oh goody!! :greengrin

I believe it is on the sky arts channel - which is on Freeview 11.

Although I don't think we will see anything arty as it is Scotland. But at least us plebs will be able to see it.

The 90+2
08-11-2020, 09:58 AM
I believe it is on the sky arts channel - which is on Freeview 11.

Although I don't think we will see anything arty as it is Scotland. But at least us plebs will be able to see it.

It will complete the picture as to our Euro hopes.

B.H.F.C
08-11-2020, 10:01 AM
At best we might sneak it. But they will be clear favorites.

What a boost the nation would get. We really need it.

Would be massive if we can get a result. Hopefully it would give us the confidence to kick on a bit because, although it’s popular to talk about the negatives with the national team, we do actually have some very good players who play regularly at a very good level.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2020, 10:04 AM

It will be on Sky One and Pick as well as Sky Sports.

JGS56
08-11-2020, 10:46 AM
This is a good website to see which games or on any channel.

https://www.live-footballontv.com

Frazerbob
08-11-2020, 11:30 AM
Would be massive if we can get a result. Hopefully it would give us the confidence to kick on a bit because, although it’s popular to talk about the negatives with the national team, we do actually have some very good players who play regularly at a very good level.

8 games unbeaten and on the verge of being promoted to Nations League Pool A. That would mean being in with the big boys and almost certain play-off for the next euros, even if we lose every game.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2020, 11:34 AM
Noticed we’ve got a bit of travelling this week, Serbia away on Thursday, Slovakia away on Sunday, and Israel away on Wednesday, unlike last months games which were all at home

Henderson2Del
08-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Be just our luck that we win the play off
And then Covid causes tournament to be cancelled

1875Sean
08-11-2020, 12:41 PM
Has Rocky and Gogic both been dropped from Israel and Cyprus squads?

Sir David Gray
08-11-2020, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Edinburgh_Lad;6350888]Has Rocky and Gogic both been dropped from Israel and Cyprus squads?[/QarUOTE]

Marciano is in the Israel squad, not sure about Gogic.

Moulin Yarns
09-11-2020, 07:51 AM
It will be on Sky One and Pick as well as Sky Sports.

Any idea how to see it on freeview or freesat?

oneone73
09-11-2020, 07:58 AM

Both Pick and Sky Arts are on Freesat.

Billy Whizz
09-11-2020, 09:55 AM

Freeview channel 849

Sir David Gray
09-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Freeview channel 849

Pick's Channel 35 on Freeview.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-11-2020, 10:12 AM
Serbia might be without their Italian based players due to restrictions - would be a MAJOR boost consider the double barrelled fella is very highly regarded and Kolarov's left peg can cause all sorts of problems.

This might very well be our time

SJNB Hibby
09-11-2020, 11:04 AM
8 games unbeaten and on the verge of being promoted to Nations League Pool A. That would mean being in with the big boys and almost certain play-off for the next euros, even if we lose every game.

Just looking at the qualifiers for the Pool A Final...Hungary finished 2nd in their Pool C!! group, and Iceland bottom of their Pool A group with a goal difference of -12. I dont think its quite as easy to get to the WC Finals from the Natiosn League(Not as many qualify for starters) but a definite good 2nd chance.

Moulin Yarns
09-11-2020, 11:06 AM
Both Pick and Sky Arts are on Freesat.

Thanks, found pick on 144. I knew about sky arts.

SJNB Hibby
09-11-2020, 11:09 AM
I see the U-21's play Croatia right before the big match Thursday. Win that and we'd likely only need a point away a point in the last match to qualify.
Is Porto in the U-21 squad?

Moulin Yarns
09-11-2020, 11:09 AM
Freeview channel 849

Can't get that in every part of the country. Same goes for Channel 11 for sky arts. I only get 43 TV channels on freeview.

Onceinawhile
09-11-2020, 11:10 AM
Serbia might be without their Italian based players due to restrictions - would be a MAJOR boost consider the double barrelled fella is very highly regarded and Kolarov's left peg can cause all sorts of problems.

Apparently him and savic are already in Serbia, so will be able to play. 👎

Rumble de Thump
09-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Can't get that in every part of the country. Same goes for Channel 11 for sky arts. I only get 43 TV channels on freeview.

You can sign up for a free 7 day trial on NowTV, which enables you to watch the game on Sky Pick.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 11:37 AM

Bet they all play. Is Jim Jeffries in charge of the Serbian side?

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 11:37 AM
I see the U-21's play Croatia right before the big match Thursday. Win that and we'd likely only need a point away a point in the last match to qualify.

Yeah.

Billy Whizz
09-11-2020, 11:42 AM

It’s on SFA youtube channel
As an aside does anyone know if Mcgennis joined up with the under 21’s?

Moulin Yarns
09-11-2020, 11:45 AM
You can sign up for a free 7 day trial on NowTV, which enables you to watch the game on Sky Pick.

Presumably I need a box for that as well.

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 11:49 AM

You got a firestick? Anything? It’s showing on YouTube.

Rumble de Thump
09-11-2020, 12:18 PM

You just need to sign up for a pass then you can watch on your computer, tablet etc. Actually, I'm not sure if you get Sky Pick with the trial but you get Sky One and various Sky Sports channels.

SJNB Hibby
09-11-2020, 12:57 PM
It’s on SFA youtube channel
As an aside does anyone know if Mcgennis joined up with the under 21’s?

I just checked the squad, yes he is, so we're without him, Porto and Rocky for the Dundee game

JimBHibees
09-11-2020, 01:58 PM
I just checked the squad, yes he is, so we're without him, Porto and Rocky for the Dundee game

Has he actually joined up given he was injured for Aberdeen game

Billy Whizz
09-11-2020, 02:02 PM
See Fraser and Hanley have withdrawn, wonder if Hanlon or McGinn will get a call up

JimBHibees
09-11-2020, 02:09 PM
Quite a good piece on a Scotland fan who hasn't missed an away game in 20 years

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1325483973976285184

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 02:36 PM
See Fraser and Hanley have withdrawn, wonder if Hanlon or McGinn will get a call up

I wouldn’t think so tbh.

erin go bragh
09-11-2020, 03:42 PM
Scotland 4/1 on bet 365 😉 Serbia have been poor at home recently.
I’ve went for SJM to get booked, draw ht, Scotland full time ( 30-1 )

The 90+2
09-11-2020, 03:51 PM
Scotland 4/1 on bet 365 😉 Serbia have been poor at home recently.
I’ve went for SJM to get booked, draw ht, Scotland full time ( 30-1 )

Booked for scoring the winner and doing a David Gray to a corner pocket of fan pictures on seats 🤞

SteveHFC
10-11-2020, 11:37 PM
Anyone else nervous. This is our best chance to qualify for a long time and i really hope we do it.

JimBHibees
11-11-2020, 06:08 AM
Anyone else nervous. This is our best chance to qualify for a long time and i really hope we do it.

Yep huge game for us but also very difficult as their squad has ridiculous quality though they can lose the plot and if we can nick the first goal then they will feel the pressure.

Since452
11-11-2020, 06:39 AM
Will be a bit of a strange Euros with the games split all over Europe instead of a host country. Scotland qualifying then playing group games at Hampden would make it feel like less of a tournament imo. Still a shot in the arm for Scottish football though.

Frazerbob
11-11-2020, 08:02 AM
Will be a bit of a strange Euros with the games split all over Europe instead of a host country. Scotland qualifying then playing group games at Hampden would make it feel like less of a tournament imo. Still a shot in the arm for Scottish football though.

Totally agree. Just our luck that our first tournament in decades and we end visiting Glasgow & London. On the flip side, imagine hosting the party and not being invited!
There is talk of the tournament changing to just a few hosts, or even just one (suspect England).

Since452
11-11-2020, 09:44 AM
Totally agree. Just our luck that our first tournament in decades and we end visiting Glasgow & London. On the flip side, imagine hosting the party and not being invited!
There is talk of the tournament changing to just a few hosts, or even just one (suspect England).

Always been on the bucket list to go to some foreign country to see Scotland in a tournament. Was too young when we last qualified. Coupe of weeks in the sun with your mates sampling local beer watching football sounds epic. Just need to be the World Cup instead 😉

The 90+2
11-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Always been on the bucket list to go to some foreign country to see Scotland in a tournament. Was too young when we last qualified. Coupe of weeks in the sun with your mates sampling local beer watching football sounds epic. Just need to be the World Cup instead 😉

The first tournament I would have been legally allowed to go to being over 16 was 2000 euros and the 2002 World Cup. Every single one since being 16 we haven’t went to. Brutal. A trip to London for us in the Euros would be amazing.

Frazerbob
11-11-2020, 10:05 AM

Lucky enough to have done Euro 96 and France 98. Unbelievable experiences and got me hooked on following Scotland abroad. I thought they’d happen every couple of years.

Not sure the next World Cup will satisfy your craving, maybe the sun part 🤣

Lancs Harp
11-11-2020, 10:10 AM
Good luck tomorrow from across the border and the Auld enemy. Genuinely hope you make it.

The 90+2
11-11-2020, 10:19 AM
Lucky enough to have done Euro 96 and France 98. Unbelievable experiences and got me hooked on following Scotland abroad. I thought they’d happen every couple of years.

Holland and Villa Park sounded like the best thing ever.

Was in the Alps when we played Morocco, tartan army was amazing heading to the game.

Since452
11-11-2020, 11:57 AM

Must have been brilliant that. Maybe one day!

PatHead
11-11-2020, 03:51 PM

I went to the World Cup finals in 1982 in Spain. Couldn't have written the script better. Scotland,World Cup finals,Costa del Sol, cheap drink.....

Gmack7
11-11-2020, 05:24 PM
Any confirmation on the possibility of a couple of serbs missing the match?

Big_Franck
11-11-2020, 07:35 PM
Any confirmation on the possibility of a couple of serbs missing the match?

They have 2 guys missing but I'd never heard of either of them. All their main players like Tadic, Kolarov, Mitrovic, Milinkovic-Savic and Milivojevic are all fit.

SteveHFC
11-11-2020, 09:10 PM
https://youtu.be/0HerNnMqFdA

The first half of this give me goosebumps.

JimBHibees
11-11-2020, 09:22 PM
They have 2 guys missing but I'd never heard of either of them. All their main players like Tadic, Kolarov, Mitrovic, Milinkovic-Savic and Milivojevic are all fit.

Djuricic is a regular starter. Kolarov missed his game at the weekend through injury