PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan - Open goal interview

Unseen work
10-03-2020, 05:51 PM
Scott Allan was the latest guest in Simon Ferry’s open goal.

Good watch and comes across a really decent down to earth guy.

Delighted he is back with us

https://youtu.be/8avLrRndZN4

JohnM1875
10-03-2020, 06:03 PM
That Slaney is far too annoying for me to watch that.

Since452
10-03-2020, 06:11 PM

Can just picture him necking swedgers at a Gerry Cinnamon gig

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Well that puts paid to the bollox about Dempster pulling the move back to Hibs. :faf:

Hibee Mac
10-03-2020, 06:51 PM
Who's that guy to the right of Scott Allan? I actually want to listen to that but I just can't, he's unbearable.

Every 3rd word is the name of whoever he's speaking to.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-03-2020, 07:00 PM
Who's that guy to the right of Scott Allan? I actually want to listen to that but I just can't, he's unbearable.

Every 3rd word is the name of whoever he's speaking to.

Some of the “bantz” make parts of it an acquired taste IMO. Small doses but good luck to them it’s a different angle.

04Sauzee
10-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Is he aye?

I agree btw

Hibbyradge
10-03-2020, 07:16 PM
Well that puts paid to the bollox about Dempster pulling the move back to Hibs. :faf:

What was said, Gary?

I tried to listen but had to stop after 3 minutes, know what ah big man? :rolleyes:

Robbo6-2
10-03-2020, 07:19 PM
Slaney is top man. Good banter.

When talking about last Jan,
Scott Allan said Peter (Lawell) told me i wasn't going to Hibs because they had done them too many favours....

Hibbyradge
10-03-2020, 07:22 PM
Slaney is top man. Good banter.

When talking about last Jan,
Scott Allan said Peter (Lawell) told me i wasn't going to Hibs because they had done them too many favours....

Do much for him being a hard nosed business man who could rise above the pettiness.

Robbo6-2
10-03-2020, 07:26 PM
One thing i also was surprised with was Scott saying he doesny think the number 10 role is his best position and would prefer to play deeper.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2020, 07:40 PM
What was said, Gary?

I tried to listen but had to stop after 3 minutes, know what ah big man? :rolleyes:

Peter Lawlell stopped it according to Allan.

Big_Franck
10-03-2020, 07:43 PM
I lasted about two minutes :cool2: Far too weegie for me.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2020, 07:44 PM
52 minutes.

bingo70
10-03-2020, 07:48 PM
Paul Slane is normally everything I hate about weegies.

I think he’s brilliant though, there’ll come a time I get bored of him but he cracks me up on that podcast.

cameronw-hfc
10-03-2020, 07:52 PM
I quite enjoy the podcast so was buzzing when Allan was on. He had some funny stories and dont get the slaney hate, find him hilarious

JimBHibees
10-03-2020, 07:58 PM

I think he’s brilliant though, there’ll come a time I get bored of him but he cracks me up on that podcast.

Was Slane an ex player?

Hibee Mac
10-03-2020, 08:07 PM
Folk who can sit through that start to finish are the same bunch who canny wait to crack open a beer and watch an episode of Burnistoun.

mcohibs
10-03-2020, 08:08 PM
If anyone reading this hasn't seen the Bobby Madden interview on Open Goal then I highly recommend it. Best interview yet IMO and think Si Ferry and team deserve a lot of credit for getting a ref on. More than the BBC have managed

cameronw-hfc
10-03-2020, 08:09 PM
Was Slane an ex player?

In the loosest sense of the word, yes. Retired young as he didnt have the mindset for it and probably the skill too

JimBHibees
10-03-2020, 08:13 PM
If anyone reading this hasn't seen the Bobby Madden interview on Open Goal then I highly recommend it. Best interview yet IMO and think Si Ferry and team deserve a lot of credit for getting a ref on. More than the BBC have managed

Watched that today was excellent. The Jim Jeffries one was good also.

mcohibs
10-03-2020, 08:16 PM
Was Slane an ex player?

Ex Motherwell and Celtic, possibly another team can't mind. Celtic paid him off and he was to use the money on a knee op. Spooned it in Amsterdam and there were some uncompromising pictures which made headlines a while back. A bit of a maverick by all accounts but a big part of Open Goal's popularity at the moment.

JimBHibees
10-03-2020, 08:20 PM
Ex Motherwell and Celtic, possibly another team can't mind. Celtic paid him off and he was to use the money on a knee op. Spooned it in Amsterdam and there were some uncompromising pictures which made headlines a while back. A bit of a maverick by all accounts but a big part of Open Goal's popularity at the moment.

Have only ever seem Si Ferry interviews which I think in the main are very good.

superfurryhibby
10-03-2020, 09:18 PM
Ferry I can take.

Slaney, he can GTF. Unlistenable weegie patter...…...aw right n' that , eh no , haw, haw , so it wiz, so ah did, haw, haw. Why does the prick need to repeat the interviewees name every second sentence? To describe it as infantile, puerile and banal pishy banter is being generous.

Deansy
10-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Nah, waste o' time, I can hadly understand a word o' the weegie-speak - as for the 'Prick-on-speed' to Scott's left - Aaaaaaargh !!!!!

Chorley Hibee
10-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Absolutely chronic stuff.

That weegie patter is truly horrific.

Unseen work
11-03-2020, 12:16 AM
I personally really like the interviews and the boy Slaney.

Found it interesting how Allan actually prefers just playing as a number 8 and thinks that’s his best position as he can get on the ball deep and drive forward.

I get what he says about being a 10 as it’s very reliant on your team mates being able to find you quickly and it’s very easy to get marked out of a game.

Mcgeouch and McGinn were really good at this as opponents never wanted them to get time to lift their head either. Them 2 along with Efe would commit opposition players which would leave more space for Allan.

The 90+2
11-03-2020, 12:30 AM

He’s a radge (not the posh one on here)
He isn’t ashamed to know he had all the talent in the world , *****ed it (literally) and is thick as. Fair Play, they seem to be making. Lot of money out it, an Ferry gets the best guests and stories that the snobs will listen to then try to rip.

Saying that... Pendanti...Hibby meets.... budgie. Dynamite

The Baldmans Comb
11-03-2020, 02:47 AM
Si Ferry is very good on his own as he quickly relaxes guests and they speak very truthfully and naturally in his company often revealing insights and facts that would otherwise be hidden.

Why he is branching out and getting involved with these two morons is bewildering particularly the incomprehnsible and incredibly thick "Slaney".

Mind numbing utter drivel.

Vault Boy
11-03-2020, 03:08 AM
Would have been a good listen if they had let Scott Allan finish a single anecdote without changing the subject or interjecting with some unfunny patter. They couldn't keep it on track for a single minute, bouncing around subjects and chronology constantly.

Entertainment is subjective and all that, but to me, not one of them is a good interviewer, Si Ferry just happens to be the least bad, especially when he's sat with those other two. Would have been far more watchable with just him and Scott IMO.

Moaning aside, really glad that Scott is back home, doing what he does best. His head is in a much better place and his commitment to fitness and controlling his diabetes is admirable. He's our best player.

Since452
11-03-2020, 05:09 AM
I like the Si Ferry interviews, the ones he does on his own. Can't stand Slane and his ***** Weegie patter

Robbo6-2
11-03-2020, 05:43 AM
Would have been a good listen if they had let Scott Allan finish a single anecdote without changing the subject or interjecting with some unfunny patter. They couldn't keep it on track for a single minute, bouncing around subjects and chronology constantly.

Entertainment is subjective and all that, but to me, not one of them is a good interviewer, Si Ferry just happens to be the least bad, especially when he's sat with those other two. Would have been far more watchable with just him and Scott IMO.

Moaning aside, really glad that Scott is back home, doing what he does best. His head is in a much better place and his commitment to fitness and controlling is diabetes is admirable. He's our best player.

If you want a professional interview go and watch the BBC.

None of them pretend to be anything less than 3 ex players talking about football and having a laugh on a podcast. They know themselves that they aren't professional and take the piss out of each other.

If you have played football before you will know there is a slaney in most dressing room. Thats why alot of folk relate to them and its very popular with current players.

There is a reason why they sold out the hydro in less than a day.

Si Ferry has done great and if you like football and have played within dressing rooms you will like the majority of the stuff he has done.

Vault Boy
11-03-2020, 06:07 AM
If you want a professional interview go and watch the BBC.

None of them pretend to be anything less than 3 ex players talking about football and having a laugh on a podcast. They know themselves that they aren't professional and take the piss out of each other.

If you have played football before you will know there is a slaney in most dressing room. Thats why alot of folk relate to them and its very popular with current players.

There is a reason why they sold out the hydro in less than a day.

Si Ferry has done great and if you like football and have played within dressing rooms you will like the majority of the stuff he has done.

Yes I've played/play football and have been in plenty of dressing rooms. No, I don't like the way they interview folk.

They might have footballing backgrounds but this is literally a professional interview, so it's not as if it can't be criticised as such. Weird that you'd tell me to watch the BBC - I was interested in listening to Scott Allan, that's why I watched Open Goal.

Being self aware and taking the piss out of how bad you are you are at something doesn't make the interview any less **** in my view. But as I said, it's subjective.

JammyDoidger
11-03-2020, 06:09 AM
I think the shows are brilliant, right in the coupon, open goal and keeping the ball on the ground, more relaxed and normal feel to it, like sitting talking about the game with your mates. Much prefer that to the scripted sportscene and the like. Would like them to do a Scottish version of soccer am on a Saturday morning.

green day
11-03-2020, 06:27 AM
Ferry is great one on one, some of his interviews have been great and revealing - i.e. Michael Stewart.

This started off dreadful, had potential when SA was talking about Cummings, turned truly awful when that Slaney idiot was talking and the unlistenable screaming and bantz forced me to switch off at 4 minutes 40.

I can only imagine that Ferry has recruited these bozos specifically because he cant really carry a full live show, but I despair that people actually paid good money to go to the Hydro and watch this pish - perhaps tells us a bit about the audience...............

Robbo6-2
11-03-2020, 06:39 AM
Yes I've played/play football and have been in plenty of dressing rooms. No, I don't like the way they interview folk.

They might have footballing backgrounds but this is literally a professional interview, so it's not as if it can't be criticised as such. Weird that you'd tell me to watch the BBC - I was interested in listening to Scott Allan, that's why I watched Open Goal.

Being self aware and taking the piss out of how bad you are you are at something doesn't make the interview any less **** in my view. But as I said, it's subjective.

I wasn't asking if you liked them or not. You've made it abundantly clear you dont. Hence the reason I gave my reasons why I like it.

And for 2nd time, it isnt a professional interview. Scott Allan knew exactly what he was going on for. A laugh and to talk about football. I watched the whole interview and Scotty enjoyed himself.

Maybe if you jumped off your high horse and lighten up abit you might enjoy it.

Coco Bryce
11-03-2020, 06:40 AM
Good listen but that Slane is an annoying little prick.

green day
11-03-2020, 06:47 AM
I wasn't asking if you liked them or not. You've made it abundantly clear you dont. Hence the reason I gave my reasons why I like it.

And for 2nd time, it isnt a professional interview. Scott Allan knew exactly what he was going on for. A laugh and to talk about football. I watched the whole interview and Scotty enjoyed himself.

The show is sponsored by Hills or Ladbrokes which means they get money.

When they take this to the Hydro, where they are selling tickets - they charge.

So, while it looks and feels like a few guys down the pub.................it is actually professional.

HFC93
11-03-2020, 06:56 AM
Ferry gets way more out his interviewees compared to your generic interview . I've watched his interviews with the likes of Stevie Fulton and enjoyed them, which is credit to Ferry.

Vault Boy
11-03-2020, 06:59 AM

'if you like football and have played within dressing rooms you will like the majority of the stuff he has done.'

You were trying to say it's content for people who play football. I said I play football and didn't like it, pretty relevant given the point you were trying to make.

For the 2nd time, it IS a professional interview, they're paid to do it and I think they do it badly. I don't care if they want to have a casual, less scripted approach, I actually like that style in general, the issue is they won't let the guest answer a question without interruption and constantly jump around topics, it detracts from the quality of the content.

I'm not on any high horse so you can wind your neck in there, it's nothing to do with snobbery, I've elaborated on my views quite clearly.

J-C
11-03-2020, 06:59 AM

Peter Lawlell stopped it according to Allan.

You keep up having digs at a guy that's no longer on here now, why?

He was told the wrong information and jumped the gun, there was a few of us told the same but only Freddie decided to post it and as we all know he was wrong. When the truth came out we realised it was Lawell that pulled the deal for Allan but by then Freddie had posted what he had, the guy's left .net just leave it there.

Robbo6-2
11-03-2020, 07:25 AM
'if you like football and have played within dressing rooms you will like the majority of the stuff he has done.'

You were trying to say it's content for people who play football. I said I play football and didn't like it, pretty relevant given the point you were trying to make.

For the 2nd time, it IS a professional interview, they're paid to do it and I think they do it badly. I don't care if they want to have a casual, less scripted approach, I actually like that style in general, the issue is they won't let the guest answer a question without interruption and constantly jump around topics, it detracts from the quality of the content.

I'm not on any high horse so you can wind your neck in there, it's nothing to do with snobbery, I've elaborated on my views quite clearly.

All to do with snobbery. You summed it up perfectly.

Ill let you get back to reading the telegraph.

Vault Boy
11-03-2020, 07:29 AM

What a really petulant and thoughtless response. Well done. You can't actually respond to reasonable criticism so just stick with the ad hominems. FYI I don't read the Telegraph, but keep projecting. 👏

MagicSwirlingShip
11-03-2020, 07:51 AM
Not one of his best interviews in my opinion. Really enjoyed his one with Steven Thomson last week.

I don’t mind Kyle and Slaney when they are just chatting about the weeks football with Si as a three. But for player interviews they are better as a one on one.

I wonder if Scotty would rather be playing in the midfield when he joined Hibs for his first spell, or the current one.

.Sean.
11-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Like Simon Ferry’s interviews but I had to turn that off due to Paul Slanes chronic weegie patter, constantly sounds like he’s just smashed a gram. He makes Kevin Kyle sound like a pillar of intellect

Squealing pig
11-03-2020, 08:10 AM
Watched it yesterday , good listen, I like Paul slane hes a funny guy .

Hibbyradge
11-03-2020, 08:38 AM

I wanted to hear what Scott Allan had to say, but turned it off after 3 minutes. I'm no snob, but it was dreadful.

I have no interest in some non-entity boosting their own ego and selfagrandising and you'll notice that loads of other posters have similar views.

I have no intention of ever listening to that podcast again and the idea that people actually pay to see them live is baffling.

superfurryhibby
11-03-2020, 08:49 AM

He was told the wrong information and jumped the gun, there was a few of us told the same but only Freddie decided to post it and as we all know he was wrong. When the truth came out we realised it was Lawell that pulled the deal for Allan but by then Freddie had posted what he had, the guy's left .net just leave it there.

Why should we just leave it there? I think there's a lesson in here of thinking before you post, especially when that post contributes to creating a situation where a senior employee at the club is subject to significant on-line abuse across various social media platforms. As far as the truth coming out goes, Allan's statement is the first hard confirmation of what happened, at least as far as I can recall. Too many people love jumping the gun. Getting a it stick for it is fine by me.

Carheenlea
11-03-2020, 08:56 AM
Is the “selling out The Hydro” genuine or an in-joke I’m missing?

Robbo6-2
11-03-2020, 08:56 AM
I wanted to hear what Scott Allan had to say, but turned it off after 3 minutes. I'm no snob, but it was dreadful.

I have no interest in some non-entity boosting their own ego and selfagrandising and you'll notice that loads of other posters have similar views.

I have no intention of ever listening to that podcast again and the idea that people actually pay to see them live is baffling.

How can you make such a strong opinion after only watching 3minutes of an hour long podcast?

J-C
11-03-2020, 08:57 AM
Why should we just leave it there? I think there's a lesson in here of thinking before you post, especially when that post contributes to creating a situation where a senior employee at the club is subject to significant on-line abuse across various social media platforms. As far as the truth coming out goes, Allan's statement is the first hard confirmation of what happened, at least as far as I can recall. Too many people love jumping the gun. Getting a it stick for it is fine by me.

Freddie made a mistake, he's now left the site, is there still any need to have sly digs at a guy who doesn't even come on here anymore. We all knew what happened after the truth came out that Lawell was the main reason, we should move on as Allan was happy enough to take a wage cut and sign for us but some still need to have the wee dig, pretty petty IMO

I think what's more interesting is that Lawell was pretty peed off at us for not bending over backwards and allowing McGinn to go for peanuts and it showed in his comment about doing us too many favours already and not doing any more for us, definitely a man in the huff.

DTS
11-03-2020, 09:26 AM
Is the “selling out The Hydro” genuine or an in-joke I’m missing?

No they have sold out the hydro for a show in may

Hibbyradge
11-03-2020, 09:33 AM
How can you make such a strong opinion after only watching 3 minutes of an hour long podcast?

My ears were bleeding.

Seriously, I don't have to watch an entire episode of a soap opera, for example, to know that it's hopeless.

You love it, that's fine but don't accuse others of snobbery because they don't like the "patter" or the way the conversations are going.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2020, 09:40 AM
Freddie made a mistake, he's definitely a man in the huff.

Ftfy :wink: :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
11-03-2020, 09:46 AM
Fixed your link as it wasn't working

Danderhall Hibs
11-03-2020, 09:49 AM

If you’ve ever been in the real world, even a football dressing room in my experience, you’ll find that not everyone agrees on the same things.

I’m amazed that all the guys in your team thought the same things were funny and had the same opinions. It wasn’t like that in my day, times really must have changed.

Danderhall Hibs
11-03-2020, 09:53 AM

It’s a shame he left - he was a good poster when just talking about football and he wasn’t trying to claim a scoop.

He let the “what’s the cat got to say about it” type posts go to his head imo- folk wouldn’t believe a rumour unless the cat had heard the same rumour. Believed his own press and it all culminated in him repeating a made up story about Dempster.

MagicSwirlingShip
11-03-2020, 10:01 AM
Real Fitba folk ken whats goin oan

CapitalGreen
11-03-2020, 10:11 AM
If you’ve ever been in the real world, even a football dressing room in my experience, you’ll find that not everyone agrees on the same things.

I’m amazed that all the guys in your team thought the same things were funny and had the same opinions. It wasn’t like that in my day, times really must have changed.

I always found that the better the team the more diverse the backgrounds and interests of those in the dressing room. Sounds to me like Robbo6-2 probably played for some truly gash teams.

Carheenlea
11-03-2020, 10:58 AM
No they have sold out the hydro for a show in may

That’s incredible - fair play to them.

FilipinoHibs
11-03-2020, 11:04 AM
How can you make such a strong opinion after only watching 3minutes of an hour long podcast?

I switched off after 3 minutes but went back to listen to the insights from Scott's career. The other three were complete idiot has beens . My wife thought it was one of my sons arguing drunkenly in a pub with his mates.

Renfrew_Hibby
11-03-2020, 11:36 AM
I think the shows are brilliant, right in the coupon, open goal and keeping the ball on the ground, more relaxed and normal feel to it, like sitting talking about the game with your mates. Much prefer that to the scripted sportscene and the like. Would like them to do a Scottish version of soccer am on a Saturday morning.

That's a good call.

Lendo
11-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Lasted less than five minutes. The Slane boy is awful. Miss the old one-on-one interviews Si Ferry used to do.

patlowe
11-03-2020, 12:02 PM
Good listen but that Slane is an annoying little prick.

There seems to be a lot of hate on here for a guy that seems to me to be essentially harmless. I've not listened to this episode in particular but I generally do catch up with the podcast, and I like the way he self-deprecatingly talks about his mental health issues and the impact of chronic insecurities on his career. I'm wary of indulging in cod psychology too much but I imagine these issues may have something to do with him constantly reverting to the role of class clown. It's a broader (and probably pretentious) point but I think Scottish football needs to think about the kinds of backgrounds or experiences a lot of our footballers come from and to have more curiosity about why so many talented players act out and/or fall by the wayside.

Coco Bryce
11-03-2020, 12:06 PM
There seems to be a lot of hate on here for a guy that seems to me to be essentially harmless. I've not listened to this episode in particular but I generally do catch up with the podcast, and I like the way he self-deprecatingly talks about his mental health issues and the impact of chronic insecurities on his career. I'm wary of indulging in cod psychology too much but I imagine these issues may have something to do with him constantly reverting to the role of class clown. It's a broader (and probably pretentious) point but I think Scottish football needs to think about the kinds of backgrounds or experiences a lot of our footballers come from and to have more curiosity about why so many talented players act out and/or fall by the wayside.

Maybe so. But the issue here regardless is about the show itself. He keeps butting in talking complete *****. Here Si...eh Si...magic Si :rolleyes:

Kato
11-03-2020, 12:14 PM
Like Simon Ferry’s interviews but I had to turn that off due to Paul Slanes chronic weegie patter, constantly sounds like he’s just smashed a gram. He makes Kevin Kyle sound like a pillar of intellectDont you realise that Glaswegians are inherently the funniest people on the planet and even the least funny of them is funnier than the funniest person from anywhere else? Not finding that type of "banter" funny shows you up as a snob with zero sense of humour, according to weegies that is.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
11-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Last less than five minutes. The Slane boy is awful. Miss the old one-on-one interviews Si Ferry used to do.

But he still does them. They're all on the YouTube channel. It's easy to find tbf.

There's a mix of one-on-one interviews, light hearted group chat, car interviews, betting chat etc.

Something for everyone I'd say.

Kato
11-03-2020, 12:17 PM
Freddie made a mistake, he's now left the site, is there still any need to have sly digs at a guy who doesn't even come on here anymore. We all knew what happened after the truth came out that Lawell was the main reason, we should move on as Allan was happy enough to take a wage cut and sign for us but some still need to have the wee dig, pretty petty IMO

I think what's more interesting is that Lawell was pretty peed off at us for not bending over backwards and allowing McGinn to go for peanuts and it showed in his comment about doing us too many favours already and not doing any more for us, definitely a man in the huff.I think it's worth mentioning every now and then as a lesson to those who are keen to be seen as 'itk' but are really just dealing in uninformed, ego-driven, gossip-mongering.

LaMotta
11-03-2020, 12:19 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

I've been in dressing rooms at various teams , dont read the Telegraph and dont sit on a high horse, :greengrin but I genuinely can't watch the shows with Slane on them.

Like others i think the Si Ferry 1 to 1s are brilliant though, and I've been working my way through them ( Richard Gough the latest one I heard, some great insight there).

Slane does seem to polarise opinion, which is better than being just bland though so fair play to him.

green day
11-03-2020, 12:20 PM
Dont you realise that Glaswegians are inherently the funniest people on the planet and even the least funny of them is funnier than the funniest person from anywhere else? Not finding that type of "banter" funny shows you up as a snob with zero sense of humour, according to weegies that is.

I know what you mean, but there are some Glaswegian Hibs fans on here, so I am wary of slagging them off unintentionally.

For me, it doesnt matter if you are from Glasgow, Leith, Dundee or wherever - a fanny is a fanny wherever you live.

That guy was just shouting and screaming utter crap and I found it embarrassing and childish - as I mentioned earlier, I find Ferry very good one on one, I think this format is awful.................but clearly its popular with some.

Kato
11-03-2020, 12:29 PM
For me, it doesnt matter if you are from Glasgow, Leith, Dundee or wherever - a fanny is a fanny wherever you live.

Exactly, and that is my point - I love the Glaswegian Hibbies due to their downright contrariness in not following the obvious choices but you get my drift. :cb

mcohibs
11-03-2020, 12:33 PM
The show with Ferry, Slane and Kyle is usually quite good to be honest and they usually just chat through weekend's results etc. A lot of focus on non-OF teams which I like.

It doesn't work when the three of them try and interview someone though. Should stick to Ferry doing that himself.

Found the Scott Allan one hard to watch and I'm quite the fan of all the Open Goal shows usually.

Cabbage East
11-03-2020, 12:37 PM
1m 16s was all I could take of that patter.

Deansy
11-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Who's the big guy at the end of the table ?

Beefster
11-03-2020, 01:52 PM
Who's the big guy at the end of the table ?

Isn’t it Kevin Kyle of Jambo prick fame?

Frazerbob
11-03-2020, 02:03 PM
Isn’t it Kevin Kyle of Jambo prick fame?

Yip. Ex big hun and diet hun and incredibly ex Scotland 🤣

KingPat4
11-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Awful. Quit on 58 seconds. Could not understand a word. (Would be better with subtitles and the sound turned off).

Anthony Soprano
11-03-2020, 02:11 PM
Good watch, but as others have said, Slane's a pest

Sure he's got a good heart but his patter is horrendous.

A few times as Allan was getting into a story he interrupts to tell some shan joke and then we don't get to hear the story and they move on.

Some good content but should have been structured a lot more

DaveF
11-03-2020, 02:28 PM
Absolute *****.

Smartie
11-03-2020, 02:53 PM
Everything that is good about the Ferry interviews goes when those 2 clowns get involved.

He gets the guests to open up and he lets them talk. This is just that stupid weegie pantomime you often get when everyone just wants to shout over each other.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Slane does seem to polarise opinion, which is better than being just bland though so fair play to him.

I'd prefer bland. :agree:

oldbutdim
11-03-2020, 04:42 PM
The boy Slane is just irritating...........................

SquashedFrogg
11-03-2020, 04:47 PM

James McFadden.

I guess the perfect pundit is somewhere in between.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2020, 05:31 PM

Nothing sly about my dig at all, Allan proved beyond doubt what ACTUALLY happened.

And as far as i know, this is the first time we've actually heard from one of them involved, who's told us exactly what happened.

And as Radge says, there's more than one person off in the huff, he couldnt take the roasting he got for making something up, then going on about how Allan was not happy with Dempster and Hibs.

He took great delight in telling us how badly we'd let Allan down. :faf:

McKenzie
11-03-2020, 06:05 PM
People realise this wasn’t an interview with Scotty don’t they? He was just a guest in the keeping the ball on the ground. They are meant to discuss everything in Scottish football with added input from the 3/4 of them. Said this at the past few games Scott would be better playing deep with longer through passes. You will see the majority of his quality balls are from around the half way line where he can see what’s going on in front of him. Never hides from getting in the ball either which would ease the pressure on the defence

J-C
11-03-2020, 06:38 PM
Nothing sly about my dig at all, Allan proved beyond doubt what ACTUALLY happened.

And as far as i know, this is the first time we've actually heard from one of them involved, who's told us exactly what happened.

And as Radge says, there's more than one person off in the huff, he couldnt take the roasting he got for making something up, then going on about how Allan was not happy with Dempster and Hibs.

He took great delight in telling us how badly we'd let Allan down. :faf:

Huge difference in lying and being given wrong information, all he did was jump the gun with his info before checking it. Freddie's a decent bloke who made a mistake, let's just try and move on.

FWIW I was told the day after that it was Lawell who pulled it, went in the huff re McGinn, if Freddie had waited he'd have heard that too.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2020, 07:18 PM
Huge difference in lying and being given wrong information, all he did was jump the gun with his info before checking it. Freddie's a decent bloke who made a mistake, let's just try and move on.

FWIW I was told the day after that it was Lawell who pulled it, went in the huff re McGinn, if Freddie had waited he'd have heard that too.

No he didnt, he took great delight in putting the boot in, thats why so many people took offence with him.

He then went off in the hump to twitter, putting the boot in about this place and how he was persecuted. :faf:

Spike Mandela
12-03-2020, 10:05 PM
Scott Allan was the latest guest in Simon Ferry’s open goal.

Good watch and comes across a really decent down to earth guy.

Delighted he is back with us

Usually love these interviews that are one to one but that was childish, unwatchable pish.

LaMotta
12-03-2020, 10:33 PM

On reflection I think I agree:greengrin

yonder1875
13-03-2020, 01:12 AM
Four top men, yes even Kevin Kyle.

Dmas
13-03-2020, 04:58 AM
People realise this wasn’t an interview with Scotty don’t they? He was just a guest in the keeping the ball on the ground. They are meant to discuss everything in Scottish football with added input from the 3/4 of them. Said this at the past few games Scott would be better playing deep with longer through passes. You will see the majority of his quality balls are from around the half way line where he can see what’s going on in front of him. Never hides from getting in the ball either which would ease the pressure on the defence

I’m pretty sure when he came back he was quoted in newspapers saying that Rodgers was trying to adapt his game to playing deeper in midfield and him suggesting this wasn’t his game, he preferred to be in a 3 in the middle or the 10 role. He’s got to start making up his mind, he’s chipped in with 10goals and 10assists can the team afford to gamble loosing that by playing him deeper? Also he’ll be asked to tackle more playing deeper and I’m not convinced that’s the best part of his game some of his challenges are quite wild

Robbo6-2
13-03-2020, 05:54 AM
I’m pretty sure when he came back he was quoted in newspapers saying that Rodgers was trying to adapt his game to playing deeper in midfield and him suggesting this wasn’t his game, he preferred to be in a 3 in the middle or the 10 role. He’s got to start making up his mind, he’s chipped in with 10goals and 10assists can the team afford to gamble loosing that by playing him deeper? Also he’ll be asked to tackle more playing deeper and I’m not convinced that’s the best part of his game some of his challenges are quite wild
He isn't mobile enough anymore to play in there either

McKenzie
13-03-2020, 02:58 PM

Makes a change having a midfielder who puts a tackle in. He may contribute less but the number of “second assists” he would get would be extraordinary. Never know until we try it but he’s not been very effective for months now so worth experimenting

The 90+2
13-03-2020, 03:01 PM
Listened to it last night and it was uncharacteristically the biggest heap of ***** ever. Allan sounded a tit too.

dp00
13-03-2020, 07:59 PM
Bobby Madden interview is really good should give it a listen, was defo a reason for us to allow refs to talk more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2020, 08:11 PM
Listened to it last night and it was uncharacteristically the biggest heap of ***** ever. Allan sounded a tit too.

I see you, and raise you tonight's sportscene.... Billy Dodds is like Kris Boyd on mushrooms (deep fried) 😮

The 90+2
13-03-2020, 08:20 PM
I see you, and raise you tonight's sportscene.... Billy Dodds is like Kris Boyd on mushrooms (deep fried) 😮

I was going to listen to, to get this crap off the telly (after pussycat dolls obv) I’ll listen anyway 😂 super scoreboard is amazing just now on the podcast. Celtic and Rangers fans going absolute mental. Have the vision on Homer as Boyd dribbling over they mushrooms now 😁

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2020, 08:23 PM
I was going to listen to, to get this crap off the telly (after pussycat dolls obv) I’ll listen anyway 😂 super scoreboard is amazing just now on the podcast. Celtic and Rangers fans going absolute mental.

Sportscene was on BBC Scotland TV. Hard enough listening. Watching it is even more painful.

Haha, canny beat that lot going mental 😂😃😂

The 90+2
13-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Sportscene was on BBC Scotland TV. Hard enough listening. Watching it is even more painful.

Haha, canny beat that lot going mental 😂😃😂

Ta, didn’t realise they kept the programme running after the postponed games tonight. 👍 take it easy mate 💚

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2020, 08:44 PM
Ta, didn’t realise they kept the programme running after the postponed games tonight. 👍 take it easy mate 💚

You too mate. Keep yourself and family safe. I've got Mrs in spare room tonight. Every cloud 😂😂

The 90+2
13-03-2020, 08:44 PM
You too mate. Keep yourself and family safe. I've got Mrs in spare room tonight. Every cloud 😂😂

😂😂

matty_f
13-03-2020, 08:47 PM
For those that like a player interview, watch out next week for a new podcast (a spin off from Longbangers, called While the Chief), where we have Marvin Bartley lined up as our first guest, with a huge focus on his time at Hibs.

The 90+2
13-03-2020, 08:50 PM
For those that like a player interview, watch out next week for a new podcast (a spin off from Longbangers, called While the Chief), where we have Marvin Bartley lined up as our first guest, with a huge focus on his time at Hibs.

Sounds great Matty. Please post links on here when available.

MagicSwirlingShip
13-03-2020, 09:13 PM

Brilliant. You guys are smashing it.

Heisenberg
14-03-2020, 05:49 AM

Sounds great Matty. Post the links up when available!

Centre Hawf
14-03-2020, 06:42 AM
Makes a change having a midfielder who puts a tackle in. He may contribute less but the number of “second assists” he would get would be extraordinary. Never know until we try it but he’s not been very effective for months now so worth experimenting

His stats are incredible. If we could have a midfielder get 10 and 10 every season for the next few years I’ll be delighted. But for some reason recently he’s looked dare I say a little unfit? He may be out of form at the moment but his contribution this season has been excellent and I’m delighted he’s back.

BILLYHIBS
14-03-2020, 07:41 AM
The guy Slaney is like Methodone Mick from Craiglang think Flo Kamberi after half a season in Govan

Not up to the usual high standards too many interruptions speaking too fast and unfunny patter

Too many “ in the hole “ jokes though I did like “ Is it true that Dick Campbell and Paul McGinn share the same set of teeth?” LOL

Worth a watch

Baker9
14-03-2020, 02:41 PM
The guy Slaney is like Methodone Mick from Craiglang think Flo Kamberi after half a season in Govan

Not up to the usual high standards too many interruptions speaking too fast and unfunny patter

Too many “ in the hole “ jokes though I did like “ Is it true that Dick Campbell and Paul McGinn share the same set of teeth?” LOL

Worth a watch

I love Methedone Mick and I think Slaney is hilarious. If I am anything to go by, Slaney has a growing fan base in the over 70's market and if enough of us last the year out he'll make the armadillo.

BILLYHIBS
14-03-2020, 03:38 PM
I love Methedone Mick and I think Slaney is hilarious. If I am anything to go by, Slaney has a growing fan base in the over 70's market and if enough of us last the year out he'll make the armadillo.

Over 70s ?

I’m on borrowed time then 😬

Baker9
15-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Over 70s ?

I’m on borrowed time then 😬

Statistically, yes. In reality, I hope not :greengrin

WeeRussell
16-03-2020, 12:45 PM
No surprise re playing deeper. He wasn’t a number 10 at Dundee United (my mate who is a fan assured me he isn’t actually an attacking midfielder when we signed him first time).. he just happens to be the best passer of a ball we’ve had in many years and fits the position pretty well in my opinion.

I maintain he could do everything Dylan Mcgeough done for hibs. It’s just he can do even more.

WeeRussell
16-03-2020, 01:01 PM
No surprise re playing deeper. He wasn’t a number 10 at Dundee United (my mate who is a fan assured me he isn’t actually an attacking midfielder when we signed him first time).. he just happens to be the best passer of a ball we’ve had in many years and fits the position pretty well in my opinion.

I maintain he could do everything Dylan Mcgeough done for hibs. It’s just he can do even more.

Watching ‘interview’ now and have to agree it’s ruined by the younger of the two other boys constantly screaming and giggling. 12 minutes in and Allan has been allowed to say about 3 sentences despite being asked a few questions.

BILLYHIBS
16-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Watching ‘interview’ now and have to agree it’s ruined by the younger of the two other boys constantly screaming and giggling. 12 minutes in and Allan has been allowed to say about 3 sentences despite being asked a few questions.

Yip was like Methodone Mick on speed

Couldnae sit doon kept getting up to pour himself a drink had the attention span of a goldfish and kept interrupting with purile drivel

Normally when it is one on one it is quite good