Pages : [1] 2

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 03:02 PM
Doesn't look like the singing section will be moving after all

https://i.ibb.co/qyfvGK6/er.png

https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=23063&d=1583772873

Disabled/ambulant
https://i.ibb.co/k0gmrsM/st.jpg

Sorry should add this was in an e-mail intended for 'disabled' supporters.

BlackSheep
09-03-2020, 03:10 PM
Im surprised that Sections 39 and 43 in the East are Gold sections....

lord bunberry
09-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Why is there such a huge increase in prices for kids if you don’t take the early bird option? It’s the same every year.

CallumLaidlaw
09-03-2020, 03:25 PM
If that’s disabled pricing, gold adult could be around £460....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven79
09-03-2020, 03:28 PM
If that’s disabled pricing, gold adult could be around £460....

No they will be the prices for everybody by the looks of it.

I can't get my head round the fact that the Famous Five Upper will be cheaper for an adult than the Famous Five Lower...

Frazerbob
09-03-2020, 03:32 PM
That looks like a reduction on this season?

CallumLaidlaw
09-03-2020, 03:32 PM

I can't get my head round the fact that the Famous Five Upper will be cheaper for an adult than the Famous Five Lower...

So all prices reducing?

bingo70
09-03-2020, 03:33 PM

To try and encourage adults out of the family section and free up space down there for families with young kids?

jeffers
09-03-2020, 03:35 PM

That can't be right surely ? I had to go into e-ticketing as I'd totaly forgotten what I paid last year, but mine was £385 for lower west in a seat I'd imagine will be classed as gold.

Steven79
09-03-2020, 03:36 PM
To try and encourage adults out of the family section and free up space down there for families with young kids?

Adults can't buy a season ticket in that stand without a child.

Steven79
09-03-2020, 03:39 PM
So all prices reducing?

The child prices across all stands look pretty much what I would expect them to be.

CallumLaidlaw
09-03-2020, 03:40 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200309/eb1b6fe589df6135d9f45d80d7f9834d.jpg

Micro site up

green&left
09-03-2020, 03:41 PM
That looks like a reduction on this season?

Yep £385 for early bird in section 43 and £405 full price this season I think it was.

Kojock
If a supporter with a disability is able to sit in any section outwith the allocated “disabled area” then why should they pay a lower price than an able bodied supporter.

BlackSheep
Also interesting that they have categorised the South.... i would have assumed they would use a different colour to differentiate from ST seats....

Steven79
09-03-2020, 03:43 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200309/eb1b6fe589df6135d9f45d80d7f9834d.jpg

Micro site up

What's the full address?

Steven79
09-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Yep £385 for early bird in section 43 and £405 full price this season I think it was.

That's right as I still have the season ticket booklets from the past two seasons.

CallumLaidlaw
09-03-2020, 03:50 PM
What's the full address?

http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk

Steven79
That can't be right surely ? I had to go into e-ticketing as I'd totaly forgotten what I paid last year, but mine was £385 for lower west in a seat I'd imagine will be classed as gold.

Lower the price and encourage more people to take out season tickets to make more cash while they are in and around the ground?

H18 SFR
Sounds like we are more competitive this year. Might hopefully make the difference for some to return as season ticket holders.

Steven79
09-03-2020, 03:51 PM
http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk

Cheers!

overdrive
09-03-2020, 03:54 PM

Am I reading this wrong? It looks the same price in the FF Upper and Lower from that table?

Steven79
Here are the actual prices for next season as I've just managed to get them from the microsite.

http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk/prices

patlowe
These are prices for disabled tickets - the club is moving towards prices being the same for disabled/non-disabled within two years.

Edit: sent this at same time as full prices posted above.

Wheat Hound
09-03-2020, 03:58 PM
Here are the actual prices for next season as I've just managed to get them from the microsite.

That looks like quite big price hikes. Gonna have to be a hell of a marketing campaign to avoid significant decreases in season ticket holders.

Steven79
09-03-2020, 03:59 PM
That looks like quite big price hikes. Gonna have to be a hell of a marketing campaign to avoid significant decreases in season ticket holders.

If you go into the microsite you can access the full website including the prices.

WhileTheChief..
09-03-2020, 03:59 PM
Still doing kids tickets for £50 - that's under £3 per game.

They've learnt nothing.

Antifa Hibs
09-03-2020, 04:00 PM

That about an 8% increase?

Fail to get top 6 and the unthinkable happens at Hampden and they'd be absolutely mad to go with those prices. Assuming PATG will go up a quid aswell. The way the clubs going i'm assuming the payment plan will have interest passed onto the punter too. Potentially some massive increases there.

Edit: the fans will be paying the interest on payment plan as per the website.

Madness to introduce both at the same time IMO.

JohnM1875
09-03-2020, 04:02 PM
West upper appears to be Silver. So it'll be the same as last season for me. £385 early bird.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 04:02 PM
The reality of an owner with little interest beyond lining his own pockets shouldn't be that surprising but here we are.

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 04:03 PM
New hospitality called 'Capital Club'

Prices:
Capital Club
Adult 1350
Youth 925
Child 800

Since90+2
09-03-2020, 04:04 PM
That about an 8% increase?

Fail to get top 6 and the unthinkable happens at Hampden and they'd be absolutely mad to go with those prices. Assuming PATG will go up a quid aswell. The way the clubs going i'm assuming the payment plan will have interest passed onto the punter too. Potentially some massive increases there.

If that's the pricing it won't change regardless of how the season finishes. Agree with you though that unless we have a positive end to the season sales will be down.

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Early bird deadline: Supporters can take advantage of early-bird discounts until 5 pm, Monday 13 April.

Seat release deadline: Existing season ticket holders have their seats reserved until 5 pm on Thursday 4 June.

Andy74
09-03-2020, 04:05 PM
The reality of an owner with little interest beyond lining his own pockets shouldn't be that surprising but here we are.

Very odd post.

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 04:06 PM
Is there a singing section?
The singing section, located in Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper, will continue to be located there for season 2020-21.

Sigh.

Steven79
09-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Sigh.

Yep! Another season of a empty lower tier behind the goals at smaller games and cup ties.

They never learn nor listen...

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Very odd post.

Is it? I think it would be odd to pretend that any chairman who takes over a club in this day and age is doing it for philanthropic purposes and is not going to try and squeeze his customers dry.

The 90+2
09-03-2020, 04:08 PM
Early bird deadline: Supporters can take advantage of early-bird discounts until 5 pm, Monday 13 April.

Seat release deadline: Existing season ticket holders have their seats reserved until 5 pm on Thursday 4 June.

Early Bird: make your decision to buy your season ticket early before the Scottish Cup Semi Final 😂😂

scoopyboy
09-03-2020, 04:11 PM
Is it? I think it would be odd to pretend that any chairman who takes over a club in this day and age is doing it for philanthropic purposes and is not going to try and squeeze his customers dry.

I don't think there is a huge profit to be made in buying and selling Hibs on.

There must be an easier way to make money for a man of his wealth

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 04:11 PM
If a supporter with a disability is able to sit in any section outwith the allocated “disabled area” then why should they pay a lower price than an able bodied supporter.

Because not all disabled supporters are physically disabled or able to work and therefore can't afford the full price of a season ticket?

Completely ignorant.

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 04:12 PM
Sigh.

As suspected, they're simply not interested in changing it.

Piss poor.

jeffers
09-03-2020, 04:14 PM
I make it a 4.2% increase for mine. On the face of it it's not too bad, but the season can't just peter out or I'm sure others will have 2nd thoughts. We need to win that semi to have some feel good factor for next season.

Andy74

There’s easier ways to make money.

The reality is that he wants us to be a successful club and that investment, from him and from supporters will be required to do that.

He’s already put money in that he’s unlikely to see back.

What’s your alternative? Lower the prices and cut back on the playing squad? Maybe use most of it to pay back the owner for the debt he payed off? Find another millionaire who just wants to chuck money at us for the hell of it?

oldbutdim

Or perhaps there is something in the middle?

As Sir Tom has said "I'm not a charity" but didn't 'squeeze us dry'?
Why couldn't Ron want to increase turnover, profit, and just make a few quid whilst enjoying the ride?

Andy74
09-03-2020, 04:15 PM
As suspected, they're simply not interested in changing it.

Piss poor.

Or they don’t quite want to chuck away about 1600 season ticket holders just yet?

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 04:16 PM
What’s your alternative? Lower the prices and cut back on the playing squad? Maybe use most of it to pay back the owner for the debt he payed off? Find another millionaire who just wants to chuck money at us for the hell of it?

Bigger budgets don't always guarantee better players. Be smarter with our recruitment and we can save ourselves the money.

Why fans are expected to pay year-on-year increases is beyond me. Even more so that so many seem willing to go along.

Where does it end? £500? £600? £1000? All in the name of a "better team" while we fight for the scraps that Celtic and Rangers leave for us? **** that. Make football affordable for fans.

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 04:17 PM
Or they don’t quite want to chuck away about 1600 season ticket holders just yet?

Not every single one of they 1600 will move. I'd bet a majority would be quite happy to have the singing section there.

Andy74
09-03-2020, 04:18 PM
Because not all disabled supporters are physically disabled or able to work and therefore can't afford the full price of a season ticket?

Completely ignorant.

I don’t think it was an ignorant question at all and it will be the way things move I suspect.

Andy74
09-03-2020, 04:19 PM
Bigger budgets don't always guarantee better players. Be smarter with our recruitment and we can save ourselves the money.

Why fans are expected to pay year-on-year increases is beyond me. Even more so that so many seem willing to go along.

Where does it end? £500? £600? £1000? All in the name of a "better team" while we fight for the scraps that Celtic and Rangers leave for us? **** that. Make football affordable for fans.

So your long term plan for the club would be to keep prices low and just hope to recruit better?

Sharon
09-03-2020, 04:20 PM

Completely ignorant.

Completely agree :top marks

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 04:22 PM
So your long term plan for the club would be to keep prices low and just hope to recruit better?

Correct. Employ a good cup manager and we're golden. I think you'd see very quickly that our league positions would hardly change with a budget/season ticket income that was constantly expanding.

If we win the title and most of the Hibs support have been priced out of seeing it happen would you say that was worthwhile? I certainly wouldn't.

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 04:24 PM
I don’t think it was an ignorant question at all and it will be the way things move I suspect.

The way things move? So only those with physical disabilities would get those prices?

And that is discrimination.

Kojock
09-03-2020, 04:26 PM

Completely ignorant.

Don’t be so patronising. There’s lots of people on low incomes who can’t afford a season ticket likewise unemployed people. So why should someone with a disability be treated differently from them.

Since452
09-03-2020, 04:26 PM
At least we'll have a big screen to go with the ***** atmosphere

ronaldo7
09-03-2020, 04:27 PM

Disabled people have been sitting throughout the stadium for years, and not only in the "disabled area".

Statement here from the club.

Wheelchair users on accessible platforms within the stadium

The Club currently has five areas within the stadium for home supporters that use wheelchairs and provides opportunities for family members to be seated within the platforms where possible or close by using the new seating that was installed last year.

A complimentary Personal Assistant ticket is available should the supporter meet the relevant criteria– see below for information.

Our Disability Access Officer, Ann Brown, can be contacted to assist with finding suitable seating within the stadium and also to discuss in more detail how needs can be met through reasonable adjustment. Unfortunately, there may be a waiting list for season ticket wheelchair spaces if demand is high.

Personal Assistants

Supporters who meet the relevant criteria, qualify for a complimentary ticket for their Personal Assistant. However, Personal Assistants MUST accompany the disabled person to every match. The Club will make provision for seating for the Personal Assistant, adjacent to their disabled person. Personal Assistants are NOT permitted to attend the match without their disabled person unless they upgrade their ticket to the relevant category & price. The Personal Assistant should come to the ticket office to upgrade prior to a match and will be issued with a paper ticket. In situations where a Personal Assistant is for a wheelchair user, the Personal Assistant will NOT BE PERMITTED to sit within the platform area in circumstances where they have upgraded their ticket and are not attending with their disabled person. Seating will be allocated by ticket office personnel at the time of upgrading.

Disabled supporters who attend matches without their Personal Assistant may be subject to their season tickets being withdrawn.

A disabled person who has declined a Personal Assistant ticket must inform The Club so that a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan is put in place, in conjunction with The Club Health & Safety policy. This is in line with the Green Guide and ensures safe evacuation from the stadium. Supporters buying match day tickets only who wish to attend without a personal assistant can contact the Disability Access Officer prior to a match giving a minimum of two days notice in order for arrangements and the plan to be written.

Changes to Ambulant Disabled Supporters Personal Assistant Eligibility Criteria

An ambulant disabled supporter is a non-wheelchair using supporter who has a disability by mobility, learning disabilities, partially sighted/blind, hearing loss or has a hidden disability. However, this is not an exhaustive list and other disabilities may mean a supporter is ambulant disabled.

From 2020/21 season, ambulant disabled supporters are permitted to be seated in any part of the stadium. The criteria for a complimentary Personal Assistant will change effective 2020/21 season.

This means that an ambulant disabled supporter will no longer be entitled to a complimentary Personal Assistant if they are not in receipt of the higher rate of Personal Care or Mobility under Disability Living Allowance or the Enhanced Mobility or Living rate of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).

The Club recognises that the annual renewal letter issued by the Department of Work and Pensions may not show the period/length of entitlement of benefit. We cannot issue tickets without this information. If you do not have the original or most recent award letter when renewing your season ticket and want to take advantage of the accessible ticketing policy, we must have proof of entitlement and ask you to make contact with the Department of Works and Pensions to obtain a copy. We are happy to hold a particular purchase for 14 days until you are able to obtain proof of eligibility.

Once this information is provided, we will record this against your client account so we have this on record and minimise the need for annual clarification and work towards online purchase for all supporters.

Other criteria who may qualify for a Personal Assistant

Attendance Allowance – for supporters over the age of 65 higher rate award levels.

War Pensioners – Supporters will be in receipt of the Mobility Allowance or War Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability.

Partially Sighted/Blind - will be entitled to a complimentary Personal Assistant if they qualify for the Higher rate of Disability Living Allowance – Care and/or Mobility or in receipt of the Enhanced rate of Personal Independence Payment. Alternatively, supporters must have a registration certificate (BD8 or CV1 Certificate) or other relevant evidence from an Optometrist. These documents should be provided on the purchase of a season ticket.

Deaf and hard of hearing supporters – confirmation in writing from a Consultant or relevant that an individual is included on their Deaf Register. An original letter from an Audiologist confirming that hearing loss has been recorded at 75-80 dBl.

The Club encourages supporters to provide feedback on any accessible issues. The Disability Access Officer is happy to discuss any issues and help wherever possible.

To contact the Club Disability Access Officer, Ann Brown, please email abrown@hibernianfc.co.uk

Diclonius
My Auntie is now buying an ST to make three of us sitting together, so I'll have to move. I hope the "move your STs to a better part of the ground after all the ones held for current STs are released" thing is still in operation with these pricing zones.

Hibs90
Don’t be so patronising. There’s lots of people on low incomes who can’t afford a season ticket likewise unemployed people. So why should someone with a disability be treated differently from them.

They aren't disabled through choice.

ronaldo7
09-03-2020, 04:29 PM

I agree, we should have a progressive pricing policy which takes into consideration, the unemployed, and low waged. :aok:

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 04:30 PM

I know what you mean but let's not leave the implication that people on low incomes are on them "by choice".

Daydreamer
It's quite simple really , to sit where I sit at ER if that was Tynecastle or Pittodrie it would be £500 in the main stands not £420.

Wheat Hound
No interest free payment plan + price rises for most + underwhelming team = marketing genius

Kojock
09-03-2020, 04:31 PM
The way things move? So only those with physical disabilities would get those prices?

And that is discrimination.

The old discrimination card. So you think it’s ok for the person sitting next to me pays a lower price. Is that not reverse discrimination??

Kojock
09-03-2020, 04:33 PM

People aren’t unemployed or on low incomes by choice.

Hibs90
The old discrimination card. So you think it’s ok for the person sitting next to me pays a lower price. Is that not reverse discrimination??

Yes I do if they have a physical or mental condition that means they can't work. How is that discriminatory on you? You would get more money paid to you by your job even if it was at the Living Wage rate than those with a disability get in payments from the government. Which is through no fault or choice of their own so why should they pay the same as someone who doesn't have a disability?

JohnM1875
No interest free payment plan + price rises for most + underwhelming team = marketing genius

There is an interest fee payment option?

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 04:35 PM
People aren’t unemployed or on low incomes by choice.

Not everyone but they are certainly people out there who are unemployed by choice.

James Stephen
09-03-2020, 04:38 PM
£15 increase for me, i can live with that - expected my seat would rise anyway given its in centre of east.

I sympathise with the club in this situation, they need budgets to increase to stay competitive, but i also agree football is very expensive and it kinda goes against the grain for us to be pricing people out.

Also, in my experience, people will moan at prices no matter what they are, and there will always be people who fall just the wrong side of the affordable line.

If there was a way we could accomodate, maybe by having a much lower priced section in one of the far ends of the stand - at least giving people the opportunity to buy a very cheap ticket?

Steven79
09-03-2020, 04:40 PM
The lower tier of the middle of the West Lower shouldn't be the same price as the tickets in the West upper as the view is not comparable.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 04:42 PM

Bloody hell, honestly

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 04:44 PM
Early Bird: make your decision to buy your season ticket early before the Scottish Cup Semi Final ����

If we win that, watch the deadline be extended! :greengrin

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 04:45 PM

I guess Aberdeen are about to lose the same then, or perhaps their support isn't as fickle about their precious seat as some in the FFL are?

Perhaps their fans also see the benefit in having a raucous, passionate and colourful end cheering their side on, whilst we persist with the broken FFL model instead.

Yet more lip service from the club about seeking solutions, alternatives etc, and just more of the same piss poor atmosphere and half empty stand.

Beyond disappointed that they've let this scenario continue.

Steven79
09-03-2020, 04:47 PM
The Hearts pricing model makes more sense as people low down should not pay the same as people high up (West Upper/Lower)

Put it this way, somebody in the first row in the lower is paying the same as somebody in the last row of the upper...

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 04:48 PM
I guess Aberdeen are about to lose the same then, or perhaps their support isn't as fickle about their precious seat as some in the FFL are?

Perhaps their fans also see the benefit in having a raucous, passionate and colourful end cheering their side on, whilst we persist with the broken FFL model instead.

Yet more lip service from the club about seeking solutions, alternatives etc, and just more of the same piss poor atmosphere and half empty stand.

Here here, they've been dreadful for far too long on this topic. I honestly wouldn’t blame Since1875 for packing it in as a group before long and just attending games like everyone else

An irony, as ever, that one of the first shots in the promotional video for season tickets is the group. First to be used in adverts, last to be considered in everything else

The Modfather
09-03-2020, 04:50 PM
A relatively sizeable increase of £35 for an adult if I’ve read correctly. Not great given Scottish football is vastly overpriced, IMO, and the club have squandered the record season ticket numbers and money we gave out in the last couple of years.

However, this isn’t the only way Ron is looking to increase revenue. If he can get the commercial side to close the gap on Hearts & Aberdeen. While also improving the “match day experience”, which is limited and dated, we should be getting more value from a season ticket to go with the increase.

Hibs90
09-03-2020, 04:51 PM

:top marks

weecounty hibby
09-03-2020, 04:55 PM
This is getting ridiculous now. So what about the dozens of other folk in the video. Should we be asking them how they think everything should be done with regards to seating, atmosphere etc. So there was a few seconds of the ss now folk are once again using this as a stick to beat the club with. I have been a supporter of the ss and they have been great in the past. But I can also see the clubs side. Not even sure if the folk posting are part of the ss but this constant round of believing that they are the only set of fans that matter and are the best Hibs fans is seriously starting to grate.

Antifa Hibs
09-03-2020, 04:56 PM
There is an interest fee payment option?

Is there a payment plan and is there an additional cost involved in taking out the payment plan?The club is currently working hard to secure an online payment plan option for supporters to help spread the cost of their season ticket. Information will be announced on this as soon as possible. Any supporter who chooses to take up the option of a payment plan if successfully offered by the club will have additional interest payment charges. These interest charges go directly to the finance provider and not to the club.

Guess we'll find out when the website is officially launched.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 04:56 PM
This is getting ridiculous now. So what about the dozens of other folk in the video. Should we be asking them how they think everything should be done with regards to seating, atmosphere etc. So there was a few seconds of the ss now folk are once again using this as a stick to beat the club with. I have been a supporter of the ss and they have been great in the past. But I can also see the clubs side. Not even sure if the folk posting are part of the ss but this constant round of believing that they are the only set of fans that matter and are the best Hibs fans is seriously starting to grate.

In terms of atmosphere, until others are willing to stand and sing for the majority of games and back the team vocally, then yes, Since1875 are - in terms of atmosphere - the only fans that matter as of now, and indeed (once again, in terms of atmosphere only) the best Hibs fans.

Whether you agree or disagree with how much atmosphere matters is another issue, but to disagree with the above is ludicrous

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 04:59 PM
If you go into the microsite you can access the full website including the prices.

Page seems to have been removed.

"The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Perhaps you can return back to the homepage (https://seasontickets.hibernianfc.co.uk/) and see if you can find what you are looking for. Or, you can try finding it by using the search form below."

Steven79
09-03-2020, 05:00 PM
Page seems to have been removed.http://seasontickets.hibernianfc.org.uk/prices

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
09-03-2020, 05:00 PM
In terms of atmosphere, until others are willing to stand and sing for the majority of games and back the team vocally, then yes, Since1875 are - in terms of atmosphere - the only fans that matter as of now, and indeed (once again, in terms of atmosphere only) the best Hibs fans.

Whether you agree or disagree with how much atmosphere matters is another issue, but to disagree with the above is ludicrous
Ludicrous in your opinion. Last season a bunch of guys in hospitality for a birthday made more noise. I said I have been a fan of what they have done but for **** sake give it a rest that they matter more than everyone else. The only fans that matter! Right you are then

RoYO!
09-03-2020, 05:01 PM

Couldn't agree more. Well said. Has the strength of feeling been made clear to the club? Simply put we have not been listened to. The atmosphere has been nothing short of brutal in recent times.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 05:09 PM
Ludicrous in your opinion. Last season a bunch of guys in hospitality for a birthday made more noise. I said I have been a fan of what they have done but for **** sake give it a rest that they matter more than everyone else. The only fans that matter! Right you are then

What did I say very specifically, TWICE, in my post? That in terms of atmosphere, until another part of the ground are standing and singing for most of 90 minutes, Since1875 are currently the only group that matters.

I am not, remotely, extending that to whether they matter more generally, and I’ve been clear in that saying that. I am saying that on the issue of atmosphere, you would be a bit of a fantasist if you pretended otherwise.

The club are shooting themselves in the foot by insisting, like yourself, that the atmosphere isn’t an issue of priority. It very much is, and next year will be another season wasted in terms of addressing it

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 05:10 PM

It's weird but when I click on that link, I get a message saying the page has moved.

I've had that with a couple of other links posted on here recently, so it must just be me :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
09-03-2020, 05:10 PM
No issues with the price hike, my issue would be the East all being gold, my seat in section 38 is beside the exit and if you want to see down the end of the east/south or see a corner you have to stand up, the west upper is a much better viewing experience yet seems to be silver

Looks like i might move back a few rows this year

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2020, 05:11 PM
i always thought all this premium/gold/silver/bronze/plastic that they do at tinycastle was a loady nonsense, us doing it doesn't change my mind

now we know why RG & LD were cosying up to Dr budge at the tinydome several months ago

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 05:12 PM
I'm going to take a drum with me in future, so I'm one of the "Only Fans That Matter".

:greengrin

:flag:

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 05:13 PM

I'm neither a member of the Singing Section, nor advocating some supporters are better than others.

I am saying that I support the idea of a specific section for the more raucous element of our support, and an area that is more prominent within the stadium for displaying this.

It is a model that works, clubs the length and breadth of Europe are the proof of this, and I believe that a raucous, colourful, atmospheric area will help improve the club, the atmosphere, and appeal to younger (new) supporters too.

It's a win, win situation for the club and the support, and one that could be a catalyst for further income and improved performances.

Once again though stubbornness reigns in the Easter Road boardroom, and we've let another opportunity to address this issue pass us by.

The fact that there hasn't even been a compromise on the matter is particularly galling, and it reeks of a board once again paying lip service to fans, yet doing precisely nothing about it.

I genuinely thought Ron Gordon would have been all over this idea, instead we'll continue with an empty lower FF stand and the persistent lack of atmosphere that accompanies it.

cabbageandribs1875
09-03-2020, 05:17 PM
is there any info on walk-up prices, can't find any, i don't mind a couple of £ increase on the present £23, it's been that for a few seasons now

brianmc
09-03-2020, 05:20 PM
I'm in a gold category seat in the East.
The price of which has just risen by over 9% (early bird price) and which, as it stands, will not have a payment plan option available.

I'm underwhelmed to say the least!

Price hike apart, if they don't sort out the payment plan I fully expect a massive reduction in season ticket sales.

macca70
09-03-2020, 05:23 PM
So is FF Exec seating not included in the Gold, Silver, Bronze pricing system and just an outlier with its own most expensive seats in the ground price?

Also no you price available next season in FF Upper Exec, that’s a kick in the baws for folk that have consistently renewed their youth ticket in their for last few years.

GreenCastle
09-03-2020, 05:24 PM
Another opportunity missed.

Why are they not trying to do something different to improve atmosphere?

I’m not saying it’s getting the SS straight into FF lower but just as you were is poor and I knew a few folk fed up with the crap atmosphere who were waiting to see if the club acted before renewing or not.

You aren’t going to get the wow factor with an empty FF lower. More a that’s rubbish from fans attending the stadium and away fans mocking us with what a *****y home support.

They didn’t want to allow a few hundred folk to move but they will happily increase some prices and folk then have to move that way if they can’t afford it.

I also agree they should have a community section in the ends of the stands with lower priced tickets for local schools / clubs etc. Even Hibs girls, boys academy teams should have section they can sit in since WE ARE ALL HIBS. Unless someone can tell me the players get free tickets for every game ?

Since452
09-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Missed opportunity to make Easter Road a really exciting place to be next season. Imagine a whole summer with people buzzing about changes and the excitement for the first home game. Instead it's the status quo, just a wee bit more expensive. Real shame.

Andy74
09-03-2020, 05:33 PM
Missed opportunity to make Easter Road a really exciting place to be next season. Imagine a whole summer with people buzzing about changes. Instead it's the status quo, just a wee bit more expensive. Real shame.

I think you are over estimating the amount of people who give much of a second thought to the issue.

70% in the recent survey wanted it moved to the East as well.

Growing income, increasing ticket holders, it is all important. Where a reasonably small number of people are located when they are singing is just one part of a balance that Hibs have to try and achieve.

I'll be more worried about who we sign and how we are looking as a team, how many season tickets we sell, far more than I'll be worried about how loud the singing section are going to be in their location.

WhileTheChief..
09-03-2020, 05:34 PM
I make it a 4.2% increase for mine. On the face of it it's not too bad.

Thats more than double the rate of inflation and we’re fine with it.

Imagine if train or power companies etc put their prices up by that amount, we’d be livid!

GreenCastle
09-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Missed opportunity to make Easter Road a really exciting place to be next season. Imagine a whole summer with people buzzing about changes and the excitement for the first home game. Instead it's the status quo, just a wee bit more expensive. Real shame.

Yup.

Right now a semi final win is the only way sales may increase but I think a final would would definitely increase.

If either don’t happen...

Finishing top 6 and at worse bottom 6 and lose semi will definitely not increase sales as folk will be rightly pissed off.

hibIBZ
09-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Huge opportunity missed to reinvigorate the atmosphere which has been lacking for large parts of the season. Obviously result on the pitch can do that as well, but I felt the atmosphere in the 10-15 mins before kick off in the Derby was very flat from where I was in the east.

Ffl is a problem with large numbers of seats often left empty.

Although I can see the club's perspective as well that if there is seats available then it doesnt matter in the ffl is not filled.

Not sure about the pricing grades though. I get it it's a good idea to have cheaper seats towards the sides, but what about the front rows? Where for me the view is often not quite as good

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 05:48 PM
Anybody know how many threads we have on the Singing Section at the moment?

I resurrected the one about the recent Survey, so it must be quite a few.

TBF, though, that one was actually on-topic....

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2020, 05:52 PM
I can’t get into the site, how much is my West Upper Section 12 ST going to cost early bird?

macca70
09-03-2020, 05:53 PM
I can’t get into the site, how much is my West Upper Section 12 ST going to cost early bird?

Billy Whizz

£420 I think

B.H.F.C
Think they’re being a bit cheeky with some of the seats being classed as gold. Section 39 and 43 in the East for instance.

My section is gold, which I don’t have a problem with. Just thought that category would be reserved for the really good seats, which some of those aren’t IMO.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2020, 05:55 PM
£420 I think
Cheers 👍
Sure it was £385 early bird last season, £35 is a big increase but won’t stop us renewing.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2020, 05:56 PM

👍

macca70
09-03-2020, 05:58 PM
Think they’re being a bit cheeky with some of the seats being classed as gold. Section 39 and 43 in the East for instance.

My section is gold, which I don’t have a problem with. Just thought that category would be reserved for the really good seats, which some of those aren’t IMO.

I agree, never going to get it spot on but how are front rows of the east classified as gold?

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 05:59 PM
If I am reading this correctly (and I am quite prepared to be corrected as I've only taken a quick look at this thread plus the email I got earlier from Hibs) then my wheelchair season ticket is going up by almost 25% next season if I renew during the Early Bird period and by over 28% if I renew after that deadline, which is just a ridiculous increase.

As far as I'm aware, the season after next Hibs will be the only club in the Scottish Premiership to charge wheelchair supporters the same price as able bodied supporters, despite not having access to the same available seating throughout the stadium.

Some of you may remember the issues I raised around this time last year when I complained about seating arrangements being changed without any prior notice or consultation and despite being told that my comments would be taken onboard it seems like it's happening again as I haven't been included in any prior discussions around this issue.

If this is Ron Gordon's vision for an improved matchday experience then I'm not impressed.

I'm really disappointed and seriously considering whether I'll be renewing next season after about 20 years as a season ticket holder.

RoYO!
09-03-2020, 06:01 PM
I'm in a gold category seat in the East.
The price of which has just risen by over 9% (early bird price) and which, as it stands, will not have a payment plan option available.

I'm underwhelmed to say the least!

Price hike apart, if they don't sort out the payment plan I fully expect a massive reduction in season ticket sales.

The worst move a football club can make is to take the support for granted. There comes a point where we think, "nah, I'll just pay as I go"... what then happens in a downturn in form? They dont turn up.

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 06:02 PM

Looks like somebody's still working on this site.

B.H.F.C
09-03-2020, 06:06 PM

JohnM1875
09-03-2020, 06:09 PM
Cheers 👍
Sure it was £385 early bird last season, £35 is a big increase but won’t stop us renewing.

West upper is classed as 'silver' under the new pricing so it'll remain at £385.

Billy Whizz
09-03-2020, 06:10 PM
West upper is classed as 'silver' under the new pricing so it'll remain at £385.

East and the West should mirror each other

Steven79
09-03-2020, 06:11 PM
West upper is classed as 'silver' under the new pricing so it'll remain at £385.West Upper is gold in the middle.

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 06:13 PM
West Upper is gold in the middle.

What's the middle of the East?

JohnM1875
West Upper is gold in the middle.

Probably need to wait til it's officially announced. But what you say would make sense going by the screen grab I got before it was taken down.

.Sean.
Mines will be £35 dearer

Not unsubstantial but will work out about 3 quid a month on the PP, hardly gonna break the bank. Can’t even get a pint for that.

Also don’t agree with the full East being gold at all, especially the end blocks.

jodjam
09-03-2020, 06:17 PM
I make it a 4.2% increase for mine. On the face of it it's not too bad, but the season can't just peter out or I'm sure others will have 2nd thoughts. We need to win that semi to have some feel good factor for next season.

Seeing as I sit next to you I guess we’re the same but I make it around a 9% rise

Is it not a £35 increase on a ticket previously costing £385

green day
09-03-2020, 06:18 PM
£385 last year, £385 this year in my bit of the West Upper - all good.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Mines will be £35 dearer

Not unsubstantial but will work out about 3 quid a month on the PP, hardly gonna break the bank. Can’t even get a pint for that.

Also don’t agree with the full East being gold at all, especially the end blocks.

The East is Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Mikey
09-03-2020, 06:19 PM

It isn't. 38 and 44 are Silver and 37 and 45 are Bronze.

jeffers
09-03-2020, 06:20 PM

Imagine if train or power companies etc put their prices up by that amount, we’d be livid!

I don’t disagree I suppose it’s just acceptance that as football fans we get ripped off. I actually think the increase to Over 65s and students is worse than the additional amount I’m being asked to pay.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 06:21 PM
I think you are over estimating the amount of people who give much of a second thought to the issue.

Growing income, increasing ticket holders, it is all important. Where a reasonably small number of people are located when they are singing is just one part of a balance that Hibs have to try and achieve.

I'll be more worried about who we sign and how we are looking as a team, how many season tickets we sell, far more than I'll be worried about how loud the singing section are going to be in their location.

Believe it or not, considering the product/results on the park will be roughly the same no matter how many promises of increasing the playing budget are made, it is *exactly* things like how atmospheric Easter Road is that will help bolster season ticket sales when things are not going so well. If we rely on a yearly price hike in season tickets to pay for a higher wage bill, only to finish in similar positions, then **** me you're in for a shock when people lose interest. Atmosphere is important, and we shoot ourselves in the foot in this issue. You may well not care too much about it, and that's fine, I don't realistically expect every Hibs fan to. But I do get annoyed at the stubbornness from our board and a very small section of our fans on this issue

jeffers
09-03-2020, 06:22 PM
Seeing as I sit next to you I guess we’re the same but I make it around a 9% rise

Is it not a £35 increase on a ticket previously costing £385

You could well be right mate, I did it on my calculator on my phone so chances are I got it wrong !

green day
09-03-2020, 06:23 PM
£385 last year, £385 this year in my bit of the West Upper - all good.

Oh, and the equivalent ticket in the "upper bit" of the main stand at Tynecastle?

£500

But, aye - Hibs are taking us all for a ride :rolleyes:

h1bs4life
09-03-2020, 06:23 PM
The Hearts pricing model makes more sense as people low down should not pay the same as people high up (West Upper/Lower)

Put it this way, somebody in the first row in the lower is paying the same as somebody in the last row of the upper...

Know a couple of Hearts season ticket holders and they paid £500 this season, anyone in what they class as the top tier in both stands pays the same.
They have never absorbed any costs for payment plans. For the recent cup tie against there big cousins it was £30 plus £2 booking fee plus £1 for postage with no option to add to your season ticket , any costs they have are passed on to fans.

Even if we had more season ticketholders and bigger crowds would guess they have took more money through gates than we have.

The resident lesser green I know, season tickets start at £521 and all fees are passed on .

I am assuming the reason why the west lower is the same price as the upper is because there is no cut off point in the East where they can split it in 2.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 06:24 PM
If I am reading this correctly (and I am quite prepared to be corrected as I've only taken a quick look at this thread plus the email I got earlier from Hibs) then my wheelchair season ticket is going up by almost 25% next season if I renew during the Early Bird period and by over 28% if I renew after that deadline, which is just a ridiculous increase.

As far as I'm aware, the season after next Hibs will be the only club in the Scottish Premiership to charge wheelchair supporters the same price as able bodied supporters, despite not having access to the same available seating throughout the stadium.

Some of you may remember the issues I raised around this time last year when I complained about seating arrangements being changed without any prior notice or consultation and despite being told that my comments would be taken onboard it seems like it's happening again as I haven't been included in any prior discussions around this issue.

If this is Ron Gordon's vision for an improved matchday experience then I'm not impressed.

I'm really disappointed and seriously considering whether I'll be renewing next season after about 20 years as a season ticket holder.

I don't blame you at all for considering not renewing mate, I will be deeply ashamed of our club if we go ahead with this. We have values and principles that should be worth far, far more than an extra couple of thousand from our wheelchair-using supporters. My sympathies are with you, and I only hope someone at the club listens to your concerns properly this time round

mim
09-03-2020, 06:24 PM
Unless I can't count, I'm looking at an increase of OVER 20%.
As a pensioner, you know what you can do with that Hibs. :rolleyes:

The 90+2
09-03-2020, 06:26 PM
I'm going to take a drum with me in future, so I'm one of the "Only Fans That Matter".

:flag:

Better not take it in front of the empty seats in the ff lower.

macca70
No senior or youth prices in the FF Upper Exec seating so that’ll be a £300 increase for a youth to renew. Absolute shambles, there will be a few Senior’s faced with a hefty increase too.

Tannoy doesn’t even work, in an area surrounded by Silver category seats but the seats are more expensive than gold - Mental!!

Andy74
Believe it or not, considering the product/results on the park will be roughly the same no matter how many promises of increasing the playing budget are made, it is *exactly* things like how atmospheric Easter Road is that will help bolster season ticket sales when things are not going so well. If we rely on a yearly price hike in season tickets to pay for a higher wage bill, only to finish in similar positions, then **** me you're in for a shock when people lose interest. Atmosphere is important, and we shoot ourselves in the foot in this issue. You may well not care too much about it, and that's fine, I don't realistically expect every Hibs fan to. But I do get annoyed at the stubbornness from our board and a very small section of our fans on this issue

It is important but some are suggesting it is pretty much the only thing we need to focus on. It is far from that.

green day
09-03-2020, 06:27 PM
Know a couple of Hearts season ticket holders and they paid £500 this season, anyone in what they class as the top tier in both stands pays the same.
They have never absorbed any costs for payment plans. For the recent cup tie against there big cousins it was £30 plus £2 booking fee plus £1 for postage with no option to add to your season ticket , any costs they have are passed on to fans.

Even if we had more season ticketholders and bigger crowds would guess they have took more money through gates than we have.

The resident lesser green I know, season tickets start at £521 and all fees are passed on .

I am assuming the reason why the west lower is the same price as the upper is because there is no cut off point in the East where they can split it in 2.

Correct. My (only) Hearts supporting mate pays £500

Hearts cheapest (Bronze) ST for an adult is £330...........£5 cheaper than our most expensive early bird ffs !!

I struggle to fathom people complaining about Hibs and saying "Hearts have got it right".

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 06:28 PM
I don't blame you at all for considering not renewing mate, I will be deeply ashamed of our club if we go ahead with this. We have values and principles that should be worth far, far more than an extra couple of thousand from our wheelchair-using supporters. My sympathies are with you, and I only hope someone at the club listens to your concerns properly this time round

I won't hold my breath.

The 90+2
09-03-2020, 06:29 PM

As long as the no-shows and the remaining long term season ticket holders in the library that is the ff lower are okay it doesn’t matter about generating a better atmosphere for the 15,000 others inside the ground.

B.H.F.C
09-03-2020, 06:29 PM
I struggle to fathom people complaining about Hibs and saying "Hearts have got it right".

Whilst I don’t think Hibs get it right on ticketing at all, it’s been a bit of a common theme (for some) to talk positively about all things Hearts over the last week.

Ringothedog
09-03-2020, 06:33 PM

Mine has reduced in price by 4% woo hoo

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 06:33 PM
It is important but some are suggesting it is pretty much the only thing we need to focus on. It is far from that.

In terms of season tickets, there were two things the club should have done. 1) Sorted out the shambles of a layout we have at Easter Road right now in order to improve the atmosphere. 2) Not raise the prices, they have been hiked (either in terms of concession prices or across the board) each year that we've been in the Premiership now.

The board have failed on both counts, and miserably. I do not care about the product on the pitch, I do not care whether my club is 'ambitious' (to borrow Dempster's horribly vacuous corporate speak from last year's season ticket campaign). All I care about is that attending football at Easter Road will be both enjoyable and affordable for generations to come.

Our board is following every other board in the country by failing to do this. They think simply raising the playing budget will make Easter Road a more enjoyable experience for fans to come to, and it won't. We might possibly win a few more games a season (even then, I doubt it will make any real difference in terms of our final league position) but that's not the kind of thing that actually gets supporters coming along in the long-term, it's prices and match day experience that matters in terms of attracting young fans - and by young I mean everyone aged 25 and below, not just 3-15 year olds, like all clubs in Scotland only seem to care about

hibbymac
09-03-2020, 06:35 PM
No senior or youth prices in the FF Upper Exec seating so that’ll be a £300 increase for a youth to renew. Absolute shambles, there will be a few Senior’s faced with a hefty increase too.

Tannoy doesn’t even work, in an area surrounded by Silver category seats but the seats are more expensive than gold - Mental!!

Aye, but you've got a padded seat and far better superior "plastic ties" holding the seats together :duck:

Geo_1875
09-03-2020, 06:35 PM
I'm shocked and horrified and can't believe it!!!

Imagine how I'll feel when Hibs get round to telling me how much my seat will cost next season.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 06:37 PM

I've never considered the atmosphere before going to a Hibs game and I don't know anyone else who has.

When Easter Road was pretty much roofless apart from the old main stand, and the atmosphere was mostly lost to the, ER, atmosphere, Hibs had their biggest ever crowds.

When George Best signed for Hibs, 20000 people turned up for the game against Partick Thistle instead of the usual 3 - 4 thousand.

When we had Sauzee, and Latapy playing for us in the old first division we regularly had very decent crowds. The atmosphere wasn't the reason anyone paid to get in.

Exciting performances, positive results and good players will put bums on seats and the atmosphere improves with that.

But all of that is a myth seemingly.

HibbyAndy
09-03-2020, 06:40 PM
My season ticket in the FF upper last year was £405 this time it's £420 , My student daughter is from £225 to £235 and my youth son has went from £180 to £160

All i'm paying is an extra £5 so i'm happy with that :aok:

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 06:40 PM

Disabled/ambulant

Is that saying children in wheelchairs will pay more than children who aren't?

If so, then that is disgraceful!

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 06:41 PM
I've never considered the atmosphere before going to a Hibs game and I don't know anyone else who has.

When Easter Road was pretty much roofless apart from the old main stand, and the atmosphere was mostly lost to the, ER, atmosphere, Hibs had their biggest ever crowds.

When George Best signed for Hibs, 20000 people turned up for the game against Partick Thistle instead of the usual 3 - 4 thousand.

When we had Sauzee, and Latapy playing for us in the old first division we regularly had very decent crowds. The atmosphere wasn't the reason anyone paid to get in.

Exciting performances, positive results and good players will put bums on seats and the atmosphere improves with that.

And having 'bums on seats' does absolutely nothing to our home record, it attracts more people who will simply disappear when we (inevitably) revert to underachieving once more. It all reminds me of Gordon Brown proudly proclaiming 'no return to boom and bust'. Doubling our playing budget might seem ambitious, and it undoubtedly is in a Scottish footballing context, but we will never realistically compete with the Old Firm for titles. So why not, in that case, improve things within our control that absolutely do matter to the modern football fan (particularly young kids, who have the choice between watching our standard of football in often baltic weather or the best stuff on their TV), like atmosphere? Why are some fans so determined to see every last penny we make go towards trying to improve our playing squad in order to pointlessly play catch-up with Celtic and Rangers? I just do not understand it

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 06:43 PM
I do not care about the product on the pitch, I do not care whether my club is 'ambitious'

I believe you, but that's truly remarkable.

I can guarantee that you're in a tiny minority of people who don't care about what Hibs do on the pitch.

In fact, you may be unique, although no doubt someone will be along to support your view in a minute.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Is that saying children in wheelchairs will pay more than children who aren't?

If so, then that is disgraceful!

If i'm reading it correctly, the wheelchair areas are being given "silver" status next season so yes, anyone who's in a "bronze" area will be paying less.

Sammy7nil
09-03-2020, 06:49 PM
And having 'bums on seats' does absolutely nothing to our home record, it attracts more people who will simply disappear when we (inevitably) revert to underachieving once more. It all reminds me of Gordon Brown proudly proclaiming 'no return to boom and bust'. Doubling our playing budget might seem ambitious, and it undoubtedly is in a Scottish footballing context, but we will never realistically compete with the Old Firm for titles. So why not, in that case, improve things within our control that absolutely do matter to the modern football fan (particularly young kids, who have the choice between watching our standard of football in often baltic weather or the best stuff on their TV), like atmosphere? Why are some fans so determined to see every last penny we make go towards trying to improve our playing squad in order to pointlessly play catch-up with Celtic and Rangers? I just do not understand it

Yeah let's finish 5-7th every year but have a great song song :wink:

There has to be a happy compromise however imho it is madness not to have the singing section right behind the goals.

green day
09-03-2020, 06:51 PM
If i'm reading it correctly, the wheelchair areas are being given "silver" status next season so yes, anyone who's in a "bronze" area will be paying less.

Perhaps for the sake of absolute clarity, you should also say that a Silver child will not be paying less than a Silver wheelchair child?

And that the early bird discount on both tickets is a (fantastic, imo) 40%

Because there are some people on here who might not be able to make that distinction.

flash

I can guarantee that you're in a tiny minority of people who don't care about what Hibs do on the pitch.

In fact, you may be unique, although no doubt someone will be along to support your view in a minute.

To be fair it's not as if having a poor "product" on the pitch will ensure a dreadful atmosphere.
Said nobody ever.

Chorley Hibee

Then I stand by my comment that it's a disgrace, especially when wheelchair users don't have a choice in where they sit.

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 06:55 PM

:rotflmao:

:top marks

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 06:57 PM
Perhaps for the sake of absolute clarity, you should also say that a Silver child will not be paying less than a Silver wheelchair child?

Because there are some people on here who might not be able to make that distinction.

My argument is that wheelchair users don't have the opportunity to decide where they sit - therefore I believe they should at least be offered the same ticket price as the lowest able bodied tickets.

So nothing to do with your insinuation that I'm unable to understand!

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 06:57 PM

And for the sake of absolute clarity the able bodied children are able to sit anywhere inside the home areas of Easter Road. The children in wheelchairs don't have that luxury.

Onceinawhile
09-03-2020, 06:59 PM
From what I can see, my seats are remaining the same, so that's not too bad.

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 07:00 PM
Yeah let's finish 5-7th every year but have a great song song :wink:

There has to be a happy compromise however imho it is madness not to have the singing section right behind the goals.

They had a survey and it said they should move to the East Stand (~70%).

As the survey was obviously so important in deciding their future location (otherwise why would they bother)... and it gave such an emphatic vote for one part of the ground... I expect they'll be moving there at some point in the hopefully not too distant future.

:thumbsup:

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 07:01 PM

Ok, I'll rephrase slightly. The product on the pitch has absolutely nothing to do with why I support Hibernian Football Club, and I'm sure that is true for you and almost every other Hibs fan out there. I support Hibs because they are my club, and which eleven players run out in green and white on a Saturday won't change that, nor would it for any other Hibs fan.

I would obviously prefer to see Hibs do well, I hurt a lot when we lose or when we're going through rough patches. But I have never, and will never, believe that the answer lies in raising season ticket prices in the name of 'ambition', or disregarding almost every other aspect of our club's responsibilities/duties in order to put out the strongest possible squad. My opinion might be different if we had any chance of winning the league, but we simply do not while the Old Firm (in their current form) play in our league.

So therefore, why not try and make Easter Road a better place for fans to come to? Otherwise, why would my kids want to follow Hibs week in, week out, at stadiums all over the country? Because in 10 years time, going to football games will only seem more archaic compared to watching the game on TV/your smartphone. And we'll still probably be charging increasing amounts for a season ticket year-on-year, and be told to accept it as a price worth paying for being more 'competitive'.

Not for me

Logie Green
09-03-2020, 07:02 PM
From what I can see, my seats are remaining the same, so that's not too bad.

My seat is remaining the same too but the price is going up. 😜

Sean1875
09-03-2020, 07:03 PM
Bit surprised to see my seat in 43 being classed as Gold tbh, was fully expecting silver there.

h1bs4life
09-03-2020, 07:04 PM
is there any info on walk-up prices, can't find any, i don't mind a couple of £ increase on the present £23, it's been that for a few seasons now

Would think it will depend which part of the ground , cheapest walk up in Bronze most expensive in Gold.

marinello59
In terms of season tickets, there were two things the club should have done. 1) Sorted out the shambles of a layout we have at Easter Road right now in order to improve the atmosphere. 2) Not raise the prices, they have been hiked (either in terms of concession prices or across the board) each year that we've been in the Premiership now.

The board have failed on both counts, and miserably. I do not care about the product on the pitch, I do not care whether my club is 'ambitious' (to borrow Dempster's horribly vacuous corporate speak from last year's season ticket campaign). All I care about is that attending football at Easter Road will be both enjoyable and affordable for generations to come.

Our board is following every other board in the country by failing to do this. They think simply raising the playing budget will make Easter Road a more enjoyable experience for fans to come to, and it won't. We might possibly win a few more games a season (even then, I doubt it will make any real difference in terms of our final league position) but that's not the kind of thing that actually gets supporters coming along in the long-term, it's prices and match day experience that matters in terms of attracting young fans - and by young I mean everyone aged 25 and below, not just 3-15 year olds, like all clubs in Scotland only seem to care about

If the board wastes a single penny of that price increase on the player budget I’ll be raging. Free flags and vuvuzelas is the way to go.

green day
And for the sake of absolute clarity the able bodied children are able to sit anywhere inside the home areas of Easter Road. The children in wheelchairs don't have that luxury.

If Hibs stuck our wheelchair fans at ground level behind the goals (like away fans get at ER) then I am sure there would be a huge outcry - rightly.

As it is, the wheelchair area in the East has a great view and is probably correctly classed as Silver.

Seems to me you are arguing about £10 per season - its £85 early bird for a very good view v £75 for a (what I would assume is) a crap view from a chair.

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 07:06 PM
Ok, I'll rephrase slightly. The product on the pitch has absolutely nothing to do with why I support Hibernian Football Club, and I'm sure that is true for you and almost every other Hibs fan out there. I support Hibs because they are my club, and which eleven players run out in green and white on a Saturday won't change that, nor would it for any other Hibs fan.

I would obviously prefer to see Hibs do well, I hurt a lot when we lose or when we're going through rough patches. But I have never, and will never, believe that the answer lies in raising season ticket prices in the name of 'ambition', or disregarding almost every other aspect of our club's responsibilities/duties in order to put out the strongest possible squad. My opinion might be different if we had any chance of winning the league, but we simply do not while the Old Firm (in their current form) play in our league.

So therefore, why not try and make Easter Road a better place for fans to come to? Otherwise, why would my kids want to follow Hibs week in, week out, at stadiums all over the country? Because in 10 years time, going to football games will only seem more archaic compared to watching the game on TV/your smartphone. And we'll still probably be charging increasing amounts for a season ticket year-on-year, and be told to accept it as a price worth paying for being more 'competitive'.

Not for me

There's only so long you can continue paying more for less (or at best the same).

I for one am getting tired of it.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 07:07 PM
If the board wastes a single penny of that price increase on the player budget I’ll be raging. Free flags and vuvuzelas is the way to go.

Or, you know, don't raise the season ticket prices for yet another year? Accept that making football affordable matters more to the long-term financial security of our club than (possibly, but probably not) finishing a bit higher in the table each season?

Eyrie
09-03-2020, 07:07 PM
Slightly surprised that I won't be paying any more for my season ticket (s11, silver) than last year under the early bird scheme and wouldn't have complained if it had gone up £10 (ie 2.5%).

hibee
09-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Would think it will depend which part of the ground , cheapest walk up in Bronze most expensive in Gold.

Next season there will be gold ticket holders fighting with bronze ticket holders who are sitting in gold seats [emoji3]

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 07:09 PM
If Hibs stuck our wheelchair fans at ground level behind the goals (like away fans get at ER) then I am sure there would be a huge outcry - rightly.

As it is, the wheelchair area in the East has a great view and is probably correctly classed as Silver.

Seems to me you are arguing about £10 per season - its £85 early bird for a very good view v £75 for a (what I would assume is) a crap view from a chair.

The east stand isn't the only wheelchair area of the stadium. There's a wheelchair section at the front of the Famous Five stand which is exactly the same as the south stand.

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 07:10 PM

It shouldn't be about the view, it is about the availability (or lack) of choice afforded to wheelchair users.

Some disabled supporters are being asked to pay more because of their disability. That is not only reprehensible, but illegal too.

Eyrie
09-03-2020, 07:11 PM
Or, you know, don't raise the season ticket prices for yet another year? Accept that making football affordable matters more to them long-term financial security of our club than (possibly, but probably not) finishing a bit higher in the table each season

There are clubs with cheaper tickets than Hibs if affordability is your main concern.

Mine is watching a good Hibs team playing good football and I'm realistic enough to accept that a bigger budget improves our chances of that happening, particularly if we have a good manager spending that bigger budget.

marinello59
09-03-2020, 07:11 PM
Slightly surprised that I won't be paying any more for my season ticket (s11, silver) than last year under the early bird scheme and wouldn't have complained if it had gone up £10 (ie 2.5%).

Yet some of us have been hit with a 9% increase. That hits family groups hard. Looks like some will have to pony up for Ron’s vision. I’d better have a decent view of the giant telly. And my own remote.

Beefster
09-03-2020, 07:13 PM
If I'm reading last year's bank statement correctly, it looks like we'll be paying a combined 12% more. Bit more than I was hoping for but we'll just need to suck it up.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 07:13 PM
There are clubs with cheaper tickets than Hibs if affordability is your main concern.

Mine is watching a good Hibs team playing good football and I'm realistic enough to accept that a bigger budget improves our chances of that happening, particularly if we have a good manager spending that bigger budget.

There are also clubs who win more often and play better football than Hibs, if that is your main concern.

Eyrie
09-03-2020, 07:14 PM
Yet some of us have been hit with a 9% increase. That hits family groups hard. Looks like some will have to pony up for Ron’s vision. I’d better have a decent view of the giant telly. And my own remote.

9% is steep when multiplied across several tickets.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 07:15 PM

Not for me

I want Hibs to compete in the cups and for European football. For that to happen, we need to increase our income so we can compete in those areas.

I've seen Hibs relegated 3 times. Believe me, there's no amount of drums and displays could have made those seasons enjoyable.

In fact, there's unlikely to be anyone willing to contribute to a display or even bang a drum if what were watching is hopeless.

I'm all for taking steps to improve the "match day experience", but that's not even close to being a priority for me.

And I can assure you, I am not in a minority.

Sir David Gray
It shouldn't be about the view, it is about the availability (or lack) of choice afforded to wheelchair users.

Some disabled supporters are being asked to pay more because of their disability. That is not only reprehensible, but illegal too.

I doubt it's illegal but it's pretty disappointing to be facing an increase of at least 24.5%, with hardly any notice before they go on sale.

People budget for things like season tickets months in advance.

Beefster

I'm not defending Hibs' ticket pricing but that's just wrong. Hibs are not charging disabled supporters more 'because of their disability'. And I say that as someone who attends with a disabled family member.

scoopyboy
09-03-2020, 07:16 PM
The east stand isn't the only wheelchair area of the stadium. There's a wheelchair section at the front of the Famous Five stand which is exactly the same as the south stand.

The west has a wheelchair area too, at the rear of the lower tier

Eyrie
09-03-2020, 07:16 PM
There are also clubs who win more often and play better football than Hibs, if that is your main concern.

If winning trophies was my main concern then I'd have given up supporting Hibs decades ago.

green day
09-03-2020, 07:17 PM

Forgot about that area - so that will be £50 early bird when the real site is released.

Given that the site has been taken down, and knowing (as we do and you have pointed out above) that charging disabled people more is not actually allowed................do you think it might be just a teensy weensy bit possible that this site was released in error and there are mistakes in there????????

Like charging disabled people more money for the same area???

Perhaps we should wait and see? Perhaps Keiran P will be along shortly to clarify?

Or should we just instantly jump to "Hibs are awful, thats a disgracee" or some other pant wetting nonsense?

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 07:21 PM
Forgot about that area - so that will be £50 early bird when the real site is released.

Given that the site has been taken down, and knowing (as we do and you have pointed out above) that charging disabled people more is not actually allowed................do you think it might be just a teensy weensy bit possible that this site was released in error and there are mistakes in there????????

Perhaps we should wait and see? Perhaps Keiran P will be along shortly to clarify?

Or should we just instantly jump to "Hibs are awful, thats a disgracee" or some other pant wetting nonsense?

There's been a separate email sent out to disabled fans which hasn't been recalled so I can only assume the prices there are correct.

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 07:22 PM
I'm not defending Hibs' ticket pricing but that's just wrong. Hibs are not charging disabled supporters more 'because of their disability'. And I say that as someone who attends with a disabled family member.

A ten year old wheelchair user is being charged £85, yet an able bodied ten year old is being charged as little as £50.

That isn't right.

Andy74
09-03-2020, 07:23 PM

I'd be inclined to take you more seriously if you didn't dismiss budget and so on as factors in being successful.

You are pretty much focusing on one single issue as if it is the only significant factor in Hibs improving.

I suspect I've been there and done more different eras of atmospheres than you - I created more than my share back in the day. I hope Hibs are looking at how we improve every aspect of the club and the atmosphere is just one of those things. A singing section is just one subset of that. In my experience a good team winning football games does more for the atmosphere than anything else.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 07:26 PM
A ten year old wheelchair user is being charged £85, yet an able bodied ten year old is being charged as little as £50.

That isn't right.

For the same part of the ground?

Beefster
09-03-2020, 07:28 PM

That isn't right.

You said that supporters were being charged more 'because' of their disability. You're wrong - unless you can point me to something that says that a disabled supporter will pay more for a specific category of seat than an able-bodied person. It's not the case that disabled pricing must be cheaper than any able-bodied seat in the stadium.

My disabled (but not a wheelchair user) family member sits in the seat right next to me. He is going to pay ~80% of what I pay.

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 07:30 PM

Are wheelchair users offered the option of a seat anywhere in the stadium?

In that case they should be paying no more than the cheapest ticket for their price category.

hibbymac
09-03-2020, 07:34 PM
My season ticket in the FF upper last year was £405 this time it's £420 , My student daughter is from £225 to £235 and my youth son has went from £180 to £160

All i'm paying is an extra £5 so i'm happy with that :aok:

Think those are Gold prices, FF upper will be silver prices according to the diagram, so they should all be cheaper, i.e. £385, £195, £140

HibbyAndy
09-03-2020, 07:35 PM
Think those are Gold prices, FF upper will be silver prices according to the diagram, so they should all be cheaper, i.e. £385, £195, £140

Even better :greengrin

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 07:37 PM
In my experience a good team winning football games does more for the atmosphere than anything else.

Of course it does, Andy.

If Hibs concede early on Saturday, the atmosphere will be poisonous. If we're not knocking the door down to get an equaliser, no amount of drum banging and flag waving will improve it.

However, if Hibs go after St Johnstone from the off and we're creating chances and having shots, the atmosphere will be great. The East Stand will start their own chants and the West will join in, screaming encouragement.

Of course, if Hibs are doing well, the folk in FF upper will be louder and more excited, and if Hibs go on to win, there will be posts on here congratulating them.

I'm not suggesting this, but you could disband the singing section altogether and if Hibs were playing well and pushing for goals, the atmosphere would take care of itself.

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 07:38 PM
You said that supporters were being charged more 'because' of their disability. You're wrong - unless you can point me to something that says that a disabled supporter will pay more for a specific category of seat than an able-bodied person. It's not the case that disabled pricing must be cheaper than any able-bodied seat in the stadium.

My disabled (but not a wheelchair user) family member sits in the seat right next to me. He is going to pay ~80% of what I pay.

I didn't say they should be paying less, I said they should be offered the same availability of choice as anyone else in the same age category.

That is currently not on offer, as my example above shows.

green day
09-03-2020, 07:38 PM

That isn't right.

If they were in the FF lower then yes those are apparently the prices......................but as I said above, I dont believe for a minute that this is correct, even if an email has been sent out.

Just imagine the publicity if Hibs charge a wheelchair child 50% more than an able bodied child in the next seat:aok:

Its clearly a cock up as a result of the new pricing bands, and will no doubt be corrected.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 07:40 PM
Are wheelchair users offered the option of a seat anywhere in the stadium?

In that case they should be paying no more than the cheapest ticket for their price category.

I don't know.

WhileTheChief..
09-03-2020, 07:43 PM

That isn't right.

The £50 one is way too cheap.

Chorley Hibee
09-03-2020, 07:44 PM
If they were in the FF lower then yes those are apparently the prices......................but as I said above, I dont believe for a minute that this is correct, even if an email has been sent out.

Just imagine the publicity if Hibs charge a wheelchair child 50% more than an able bodied child in the next seat:aok:

Its clearly a cock up as a result of the new pricing bands, and will no doubt be corrected.

I hope you're right, and as you said - I'll wait until they unveil the website again before commenting further.

mcfly
09-03-2020, 07:44 PM
Think I paid £385 last year now up to £440.

Works out 12.5% increase.

Gonna have to be some transfer window to boost season tickets given another dismal season.

Disappointing prices up by so much

Bishop Hibee
09-03-2020, 07:47 PM
£420 is a big increase percentage wise. Well above my 3% pay rise in April. Throw in a corona virus driven world wide recession and there is no chance we’ll meet the ambitious ST targets.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 07:55 PM
I don’t disagree I suppose it’s just acceptance that as football fans we get ripped off. I actually think the increase to Over 65s and students is worse than the additional amount I’m being asked to pay.

Thing is though that we don't have to accept it. Collective action, boycotts, protests etc can all be used to give us leverage.

The Rangers 2012 incident could've been a wake up call for fans to notice just how much control we have over what happens in our game. A real shame that it didn't.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 07:56 PM
Oh, and the equivalent ticket in the "upper bit" of the main stand at Tynecastle?

£500

But, aye - Hibs are taking us all for a ride :rolleyes:

Just because Hearts are even worse on this issue we should all forget about it then? :rolleyes:

Brightside
09-03-2020, 08:00 PM
If you want better players pay more money.

green day
09-03-2020, 08:01 PM
Just because Hearts are even worse on this issue we should all forget about it then? :rolleyes:

Giving a comparison with a team in the same league, with a (smaller but) comparable sized stadium and similar ambitions and targets is reasonable.

Comparing our ST costs with the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen is entirely reasonable.

That you struggle to understand that isnt really my problem.

JimBHibees
09-03-2020, 08:01 PM

Seems reasonable to compare ourselves against similar sized clubs.

Power
09-03-2020, 08:05 PM

Definitely a wait and see what the full release looks like.

I see that what’s been uncovered before full release is it’s bang on with comments from AGM - Gold being increased, Silver remaining the same as 19/20 and Bronze being a drop.
Ach, I was hoping to be in the Silver section myself but maybe wishful thinking being the back row of section 40.

If that’s the case, based on early bird and standard East/West seating (Gold).
£22 per game for Adult
£18 per game for disabled
£12.50 per game for Senior & Student
£8.50 for Youth
£5.50 for Child

Payment Plan - Fully expecting there will be a payment plan - as we seen at start of the season, that world and offering is volatile - I’ve paid my season tickets using that method since it started, better to spread it out (especially when December fixtures come round!).

Disabled prices - The club will have its reasons - they’re continually trying to enhance this area for supporters. I note wheelchairs are aligned against Silver bracket (I would expect FFL wheelchair child to align with FFL child) think that’s about right from what I know of the several platform areas views (better than bronze) but would need guidance from the Disability Access guru Ann Brown at the club.

Singing Section - next season was always going to be complex for wholesale changes but that doesn’t mean that that door is closed, the club isn’t listening or there is isn’t an opportunity for positive changes (only flagged this just under 3 weeks ago).
Will keep tabs on that (compromise between what the club want as stadium structure, where SS would like, outcome of survey and the thoughts of wider support).

See what’s what when the campaign is fully released.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 08:05 PM
Of course it does, Andy.

If Hibs concede early on Saturday, the atmosphere will be poisonous. If we're not knocking the door down to get an equaliser, no amount of drum banging and flag waving will improve it.

However, if Hibs go after St Johnstone from the off and we're creating chances and having shots, the atmosphere will be great. The East Stand will start their own chants and the West will join in, screaming encouragement.

Of course, if Hibs are doing well, the folk in FF upper will be louder and more excited, and if Hibs go on to win, there will be posts on here congratulating them.

I'm not suggesting this, but you could disband the singing section altogether and if Hibs were playing well and pushing for goals, the atmosphere would take care of itself.

If this was true, then why is the vast majority of Parkhead silent for home games? Likewise Ibrox? Even at Pittodrie, where they've had better seasons in their past 5 years than they managed in the previous 15 or so, it's a morgue most weeks.

This line is always trotted out and it's just a complete myth. The dynamics of football crowds are changing, 10-15 years ago, you couldn't sit on your phone, checking if your bet's come in or not, the average fan was more engaged with what was going on on the pitch, and played more of a role in trying to influence that by shouting and bawling. Football has become extremely sanitised in recent years outwith the ultras scene, and therefore everything should be done to encourage it, because without a designated area of the ground standing and singing for the majority of 90 minutes, regardless of how well Hibs were playing, Easter Road would be absolutely dead as far as atmosphere is concerned

PaulSmith
09-03-2020, 08:06 PM
Fans - we want more, more, more and then some more again.

Club - can you help us fund these ambitions by the price of half a pint each week?

Fans - No. But we still want more!

Billychaotic182
"Disabled supporters who attend matches without their Personal Assistant may be subject to their season tickets being withdrawn."

I find this incredibly worrying. I have a career season ticket as I attended the games with my nephew who is disabled (obviously) I also work full time, the idea if I cant get to the game it means he has to suffer and potentially lose his season ticket if he attends without me. His disability is not physical so he wouldn't be at risk if there was an emergency. This seems very wrong and will cause unnecessary stress on vulnerable people.

HibeeHibernian4

I don't know how many times this needs to be said, but we can't control any of those things. Our hands are completely tied.

Exciting performances from good players that bring positive results can be obtained with a big enough budget (although even then it's not a surefire guarantee).

However guess what? These good players leave for bigger clubs with bigger budgets and we are back to square one.

They also often leave for our direct competition in Celtic and Rangers and that significantly limits our chances of ever breaking into the top two of Scotland and beyond.

Any success we have will be fleeting and will dry up quickly, as we will constantly be racing just to stand still.

Your model is completelyunsustainable.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Fans - we want more, more, more and then some more again.

Club - can you help us fund these ambitions by the price of half a pint each week?

Fans - No. But we still want more!

I am openly saying I do not wish for "more competitiveness" or "greater ambition", as I see them for being the vacuous, corporate buzzwords that they are

JimBHibees
09-03-2020, 08:09 PM
"Disabled supporters who attend matches without their Personal Assistant may be subject to their season tickets being withdrawn."

I find this incredibly worrying. I have a career season ticket as I attended the games with my nephew who is disabled (obviously) I also work full time, the idea if I cant get to the game it means he has to suffer and potentially lose his season ticket if he attends without me. His disability is not physical so he wouldn't be at risk if there was an emergency. This seems very wrong and will cause unnecessary stress on vulnerable people.

Sounds like more a systemic issue with some people possibly abusing the system however certainly needs clarification on an individual basis.

weecounty hibby
09-03-2020, 08:10 PM
It is becoming increasingly more difficult to get sponsorship at a level that we would be hoping for that really makes a difference. I know of a few people who sponsor various football clubs as well as other sports and activities and each and every one of them is considering the cost/benefit and whether or not to continue. One of them sponsors Hibs. The only constant in football is the fan base, if you want better players, facilities, hot water, pies etc it will undoubtedly come down to us. I will wait till an email lands in my inbox to tell me the costs for next season before losing my ****, but unless it is a ridiculously large increase I will be renewing. Are people really going to stop going due to an increase of say £30 over the entire 9 months of the season?

h1bs4life
09-03-2020, 08:11 PM

Disabled/ambulant

Looks like the OP has got the right layout, the one on the website that has now been taken down had no bronze etc.

Looks like Hibs are going down the road of all the other teams in the top flight with different prices depending where you sit.

From what I can see for an adult the famous five same price , section 2, 8 , 11 14 ,38 and 44 same price. 1,9,10,15 ,37 and 45 slightly cheaper.
Wilth all the rest in the so called better view seats up £35.

Not sure about concessions , disabled but looks like the auld man will pay the same.
Looks like these changes are going to piss of a few.

Used to be 1 of the ones who didnt think singing section should be allowed move again but maybe time to see if they could be moved to FF lower to share the family section.
Could offer anybody displaced 1st chance to move somewhere else in the FF lower ,chance to move to FF upper for same price. Offer the people originally moved chance to move back.
Not sure if they could exsist side by side but maybe worth a shout. Would also be interested to know how many £50 season tickets are sold, once you get to 12-17 there is only about £15 difference.

Another thing away fans when not a sell out should housed up the back of the South upper starting off at the bit beside the west.

PaulSmith
09-03-2020, 08:13 PM

Billy, whilst empathetic to your plight there’s clearly a material number of “fans” abusing the system. The whole principle of requiring a personal assistant to attend games is exactly that, if you don’t need a PA to attend any game then as harsh as it might sound then by default they don’t need a PA.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Giving a comparison with a team in the same league, with a (smaller but) comparable sized stadium and similar ambitions and targets is reasonable.

Comparing our ST costs with the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen is entirely reasonable.

That you struggle to understand that isnt really my problem.

Seems reasonable to compare ourselves against similar sized clubs.

You didn't do that though. You used the :rolleyes: to signify that people who were complaining about prices were wrong, and used Hearts' prices to justify Hibs'. Not just comparing but using it to validate the board's poor decision.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 08:15 PM
If this was true, then why is the vast majority of Parkhead silent for home games? Likewise Ibrox? Even at Pittodrie, where they've had better seasons in their past 5 years than they managed in the previous 15 or so, it's a morgue most weeks.

This line is always trotted out and it's just a complete myth. The dynamics of football crowds are changing, 10-15 years ago, you couldn't sit on your phone, checking if your bet's come in or not, the average fan was more engaged with what was going on on the pitch, and played more of a role in trying to influence that by shouting and bawling. Football has become extremely sanitised in recent years outwith the ultras scene, and therefore everything should be done to encourage it, because without a designated area of the ground standing and singing for the majority of 90 minutes, regardless of how well Hibs were playing, Easter Road would be absolutely dead as far as atmosphere is concerned

It's not a myth. You keep trotting that line out and it's just wrong.

If Hibs have a go at St Johnstone tomorrow, the atmosphere will be great.

If we're losing it will be pish or worse.

The singing section will only marginally affect either of those scenarios.

I'm tired of this now. I hope you enjoy the game on Saturday. I will if we win.

marinello59
09-03-2020, 08:20 PM

Perhaps we could just do away with the pitch and have every seat facing the singing section?
I have been watching a fair bit of fitba in Poland recently at various levels. The atmosphere at a top flight game is pretty good but unlike the ‘ultra scene’ here they really do support the team for 90 minutes no matter what is happening on the pitch. The football itself though is absolutely dire which maybe explains why the crowds are generally pretty poor.
A football club should always be about getting the best possible team on the park, how could any fan really think otherwise.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 08:21 PM
It's not a myth. You keep trotting that line out and it's just wrong.

If Hibs have a go at St Johnstone tomorrow, the atmosphere will be great.

If we're losing it will be pish or worse.

If they have a go at St Johnstone tomorrow then I don't think many people will be there to watch it. :greengrin

green day
09-03-2020, 08:21 PM
You didn't do that though. You used the :rolleyes: to signify that people who were complaining about prices were wrong, and used Hearts' prices to justify Hibs'. Not just comparing but using it to validate the board's poor decision.

Not correct or true, I am making the perfectly reasonable point that our prices are cheaper than our nearest neighbours in gorgie.

Its called a reasoned argument, whereas you dribbled this out on page 1 of this thread -

"The reality of an owner with little interest beyond lining his own pockets shouldn't be that surprising but here we are"

How do you spell Ponzi scheme again?

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 08:23 PM
Definitely a wait and see what the full release looks like.

I see that what’s been uncovered before full release is it’s bang on with comments from AGM - Gold being increased, Silver remaining the same as 19/20 and Bronze being a drop.
Ach, I was hoping to be in the Silver section myself but maybe wishful thinking being the back row of section 40.

If that’s the case, based on early bird and standard East/West seating (Gold).
£22 per game for Adult
£18 per game for disabled
£12.50 per game for Senior & Student
£8.50 for Youth
£5.50 for Child

Payment Plan - Fully expecting there will be a payment plan - as we seen at start of the season, that world and offering is volatile - I’ve paid my season tickets using that method since it started, better to spread it out (especially when December fixtures come round!).

Disabled prices - The club will have its reasons - they’re continually trying to enhance this area for supporters. I note wheelchairs are aligned against Silver bracket (I would expect FFL child to align with FFL child) think that’s about right from what I know of the several platform areas views (better than bronze) but would need guidance from the Disability Access guru Ann Brown at the club.

Singing Section - next season was always going to be complex for wholesale changes but that doesn’t mean that that door is closed, the club isn’t listening or there is isn’t an opportunity for positive changes (only flagged this just under 3 weeks ago).
Will keep tabs on that (compromise between what the club want as stadium structure, where SS would like, outcome of survey and the thoughts of wider support).

See what’s what when the campaign is fully released.

I'm happy with where I sit in the east stand, that's not the issue.

The problem is the excessive and sudden increase from this season to next on disabled tickets. I haven't studied the full pricing structure but I highly doubt that anyone else will be facing an increase of almost 25% next season during the early bird period and over 28% after this period ends.

And that's before you consider the inability of anyone in a wheelchair to choose where they sit in the stadium and also my understanding that Hibs are the only the club in the league that won't offer reduced ticket prices for wheelchair users from 2021-22 although I'm happy to be corrected on that final point.

Not happy at all.

HibbyAndy
09-03-2020, 08:24 PM
If they have a go at St Johnstone tomorrow then I don't think many people will be there to watch it. :greengrin

Billychaotic182
09-03-2020, 08:25 PM
Billy, whilst empathetic to your plight there’s clearly a material number of “fans” abusing the system. The whole principle of requiring a personal assistant to attend games is exactly that, if you don’t need a PA to attend any game then as harsh as it might sound then by default they don’t need a PA.

Just because someone does not need someone for physical disabilities does not mean they dont need the support in other ways.

ABZHFC
09-03-2020, 08:25 PM
Perhaps we could just do away with the pitch and have every seat facing the singing section?
I have been watching a fair bit of fitba in Poland recently at various levels. The atmosphere at a top flight game is pretty good but unlike the ‘ultra scene’ here they really do support the team for 90 minutes no matter what is happening on the pitch. The football itself though is absolutely dire which maybe explains why the crowds are generally pretty poor.
A football club should always be about getting the best possible team on the park, how could any fan really think otherwise.

Canon Hannan thought otherwise, it's not why we were founded as a football club.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 08:27 PM

Yes but they still need a disabled ticket which Hibs have said is at risk of being confiscated if you turn up without your helper one week.

What happens if my helper is ill one week, am I just supposed to miss out because they can't go?

green day
09-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Canon Hannan thought otherwise, it's not why we were founded as a football club.

He is buried about 100 yards from where I am sitting, I could pop over and have a wee chat?

I did that before heading to Hampden in May 2016 and it did the trick for us :greengrin

PaulSmith
09-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Just because someone does not need someone for physical disabilities does not mean they dont need the support in other ways.

I know this is personal to you, and therefore emotional, but the fact that you are admitting that there are games that your nephew can go to on his own would suggest that he doesn’t need a personal assistant - emergency situations aren’t a mitigating factor.

Thats going to sound harsh as hell but I’d suspect that’s where the club are coming from.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Not correct or true, I am making the perfectly reasonable point that our prices are cheaper than our nearest neighbours in gorgie.

Its called a reasoned argument, whereas you dribbled this out on page 1 of this thread -

"The reality of an owner with little interest beyond lining his own pockets shouldn't be that surprising but here we are"

How do you spell Ponzi scheme again?

It's nothing like Ponzi scheme or anything of the sort. It's the reality of a capitalist football owner in the context of modern football.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 08:29 PM

That's as maybe, but if the singing section aren't there I swear I'll do time.

PaulSmith
09-03-2020, 08:31 PM
Yes but they still need a disabled ticket which Hibs have said is at risk of being confiscated if you turn up without your helper one week.

What happens if my helper is ill one week, am I just supposed to miss out because they can't go?

See my quote above, not trying to to come across as overly heartless but if you either need a PA to attend games or you don’t.

Oh and before you ask I was a PA to a Hibs ST holder once upon a time. It was a joke that I got in for nothing and could pick and choose my games as the ST holder was actually capable of attending but back then there wasn’t the rigour around DLA.

Nicho87
09-03-2020, 08:35 PM
Think I’m just going to pick and choose my games next season.

green day
09-03-2020, 08:36 PM

I dont think thats what its about to be honest.

Clearly people get ill and clearly there are times people cant attend.

I read it that they are just reserving the right to take away the ticket if there is some sort of abuse i.e. people using the PA system inappropriately?

madhatter
09-03-2020, 08:40 PM
How's Ron's vision looking to people now out of interest?

PaulSmith
09-03-2020, 08:41 PM
Think I’m just going to pick and choose my games next season.

To counter your post..

Im going by continue to support the club and put my money where my mouth is cause I back the clubs new found ambition.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 08:43 PM
I dont think thats what its about to be honest.

Clearly people get ill and clearly there are times people cant attend.

I read it that they are just reserving the right to take away the ticket if there is some sort of abuse i.e. people using the PA system inappropriately?

I totally understand why they would take action if the PA was attending without the disabled person.

I don't understand why they would be threatening the disabled person with confiscating their season ticket if they attend without a PA. The disabled person pays the same price regardless of whether they attend with a PA or not so they're not gaining anything by doing it and Hibs aren't losing out.

PaulSmith
09-03-2020, 08:43 PM

Absolutely no change, the vision is the same but if fans decide that they won’t buy ST’s then the vision isn’t realistic as they cannot be achieved without additional income.

its fairly simple maths.

Mikey
09-03-2020, 08:45 PM

Isn't he doing what he said he would? Increasing the budget.

WhileTheChief..
09-03-2020, 08:47 PM
420 eh?

Ron knows the score :cb

PaulSmith
09-03-2020, 08:48 PM
I totally understand why they would take action if the PA was attending without the disabled person.

I don't understand why they would be threatening the disabled person with confiscating their season ticket if they attend without a PA. The disabled person pays the same price regardless of whether they attend with a PA or not so they're not gaining anything by doing it and Hibs aren't losing out.

Does the PA pay or are they still “free”?

As the registered disabled ST holder who has said that you need a PA to attend games it’s entirely reasonable for Hibs to reserve the right to take your card away if it’s being abused.

Im sure it won’t be one strike and your out, Hibs will be empathetic as they always are but need the wording as a warning to the many that abuse it.

Billychaotic182
09-03-2020, 08:48 PM
I know this is personal to you, and therefore emotional, but the fact that you are admitting that there are games that your nephew can go to on his own would suggest that he doesn’t need a personal assistant - emergency situations aren’t a mitigating factor.

Thats going to sound harsh as hell but I’d suspect that’s where the club are coming from.

My nephew was a normal lad until he was left for dead outside a nightclub after being attacked.

He now suffers from horrific PTSD, anxiety attacks as well as some minor physical issues. As a family member I'm there to support him and make sure he is ok as well as that comfort blanket to reassure him when he takes a bad turn. Mental health issues are not something hibs should be looking aside for a quick buck. If a medical profession seems him needing that support then why should a football club dismiss it.

Here is a link that a newspaper did on him after the attack to show how serious it is, just because he looks like a normal lad does not mean that he is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/victim-brutal-attack-left-him-8579952.amp

Now I'm not saying if he can go to the odd game without me then he should he fine. I'm saying that if I'm working and he feels he is able to go that odd game without me that shouldn't mean he has his season ticket withdrawn.

Nicho87
09-03-2020, 08:54 PM
To counter your post..

Im going by continue to support the club and put my money where my mouth is cause I back the clubs new found ambition.

Good for you. Genuinely

The Harp Awakes
09-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Overall, the new pricing structure reflects what RG said would happen at the AGM. I don't have a big problem with the pricing when you take it along with his ambitious plans for the Club, but the one big issue is that since the AGM we've had 2 really bad results and 2 very soft performances from the players.

Anything less than a win on Saturday and, rightly or wrongly, the new season ticket pricing structure will go down like a lead balloon with many supporters. Throw in a bottom 6 finish and/or a Semi final defeat and you would be looking at a drastic reduction in ST sales for next season I reckon. The Manager and players need to turn around performances and results in the games coming up, or the Club may end up shooting itself in the foot.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Does the PA pay or are they still “free”?

As the registered disabled ST holder who has said that you need a PA to attend games it’s entirely reasonable for Hibs to reserve the right to take your card away if it’s being abused.

Im sure it won’t be one strike and your out, Hibs will be empathetic as they always are but need the wording as a warning to the many that abuse it.

The PA season ticket is provided at no extra cost.

I don't see how it's being abused if someone in a wheelchair turns up to a game on their own. Hibs have a set price for people in wheelchairs regardless of whether that person requires help from a PA. Just because you're in a wheelchair doesn't mean that you're completely helpless and unable to see to yourself for 90 minutes.

I would have thought encouraging disabled people to be as independent as possible would have been at the forefront of any policy making.

PaulSmith
09-03-2020, 09:01 PM
My nephew was a normal lad until he was left for dead outside a nightclub after being attacked.

He now suffers from horrific PTSD, anxiety attacks as well as some minor physical issues. As a family member I'm there to support him and make sure he is ok as well as that comfort blanket to reassure him when he takes a bad turn. Mental health issues are not something hibs should be looking aside for a quick buck. If a medical profession seems him needing that support then why should a football club dismiss it.

Here is a link that a newspaper did on him after the attack to show how serious it is, just because he looks like a normal lad does not mean that he is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/victim-brutal-attack-left-him-8579952.amp

Now I'm not saying if he can go to the odd game without me then he should he fine. I'm saying that if I'm working and he feels he is able to go that odd game without me that shouldn't mean he has his season ticket withdrawn.

I sympathise and have total empathy for your situation.

But you are admitting that you sometimes attend and sometimes don’t. Who’s there if God forbid he does have a bad turn and you are working?

The club are probably looking at this as if someone says that they need a PA to attend games at ER then they’d rightly expect a PA to attend each game otherwise it could be construed that someone is getting a freebie.

As ever Hibs will be accommodating and I really don’t think you need to be overly concerned that someone is going to confiscate your nephews ST. They might ask for a meeting or a supporting letter before the next home game but I’d say the wording is only there to protect themselves against the scammers who unfortunately exist in our support.

I’ll refrain from posting on further individual circumstances as that’s unfair but I hope you understand where the club might be coming from as well.

Heedersnvolleys
09-03-2020, 09:06 PM

Billychaotic182
09-03-2020, 09:06 PM
I sympathise and have total empathy for your situation.

But you are admitting that you sometimes attend and sometimes don’t. Who’s there if God forbid he does have a bad turn and you are working?

The club are probably looking at this as if someone says that they need a PA to attend games at ER then they’d rightly expect a PA to attend each game otherwise it could be construed that someone is getting a freebie.

As ever Hibs will be accommodating and I really don’t think you need to be overly concerned that someone is going to confiscate your nephews ST. They might ask for a meeting or a supporting letter before the next home game but I’d say the wording is only there to protect themselves against the scammers who unfortunately exist in our support.

I’ll refrain from posting on further individual circumstances as that’s unfair but I hope you understand where the club might be coming from as well.

I get what you're saying but he pays for a season ticket. Its mine that's free. I can understand their stance if I attended without him since my ticket is free. But he pays for a ticket and should be able to attend or even be able to offer my seat to someone else to attend with him in my absence. He as a paying holder should not be punished because I cant go.

Heedersnvolleys
09-03-2020, 09:09 PM

Exactly

PaulSmith
09-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Exactly

Your missing the point in that the system is being abused and what happens is that two adults are paying <£150 each for ST’s. There will be people on the Hibs ST disabled database that have never been to Easter Rd in their puff.

The posters above I would suspect have nothing to worry about..

hibbyfraelibby
09-03-2020, 09:22 PM

That isn't right.

One gives two people access and the other doesn't

Speedy
09-03-2020, 09:25 PM
I get what you're saying but he pays for a season ticket. Its mine that's free. I can understand their stance if I attended without him since my ticket is free. But he pays for a ticket and should be able to attend or even be able to offer my seat to someone else to attend with him in my absence. He as a paying holder should not be punished because I cant go.

I suspect it is maybe poor wording and it maybe means 'disabled ST holders attending matches without their assistant may result in the assistant's ST being removed'

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2020, 09:29 PM
The PA season ticket is provided at no extra cost.

I don't see how it's being abused if someone in a wheelchair turns up to a game on their own. Hibs have a set price for people in wheelchairs regardless of whether that person requires help from a PA. Just because you're in a wheelchair doesn't mean that you're completely helpless and unable to see to yourself for 90 minutes.

I would have thought encouraging disabled people to be as independent as possible would have been at the forefront of any policy making.

It could be seen that the PA has had a free ticket to care for someone that doesn’t need cared for?

The Wireless
09-03-2020, 09:30 PM
I'm neither a member of the Singing Section, nor advocating some supporters are better than others.

I am saying that I support the idea of a specific section for the more raucous element of our support, and an area that is more prominent within the stadium for displaying this.

It is a model that works, clubs the length and breadth of Europe are the proof of this, and I believe that a raucous, colourful, atmospheric area will help improve the club, the atmosphere, and appeal to younger (new) supporters too.

It's a win, win situation for the club and the support, and one that could be a catalyst for further income and improved performances.

Once again though stubbornness reigns in the Easter Road boardroom, and we've let another opportunity to address this issue pass us by.

The fact that there hasn't even been a compromise on the matter is particularly galling, and it reeks of a board once again paying lip service to fans, yet doing precisely nothing about it.

I genuinely thought Ron Gordon would have been all over this idea, instead we'll continue with an empty lower FF stand and the persistent lack of atmosphere that accompanies it.

Totally agree. I could not have put it better :top marks

madhatter
09-03-2020, 09:39 PM
Absolutely no change, the vision is the same but if fans decide that they won’t buy ST’s then the vision isn’t realistic as they cannot be achieved without additional income.

its fairly simple maths.

Fans will decide what is best for them. Club should be doing better with the money it already has. Throwing more money at this problem isnt going to fix it. We are behind Motherwell and Livingston this season. How many ST holders do they have? How much are their ST holders charged?

Think Livingston and Motherwell might be better at simple maths as they seem to get better quality for their money. I mean Livi got Efe abd Motherwell have assembled a good squad.

Club will need to show intent this season with these changes. Handing out more retirement contracts and padding tiny squad with loans will not appeal to fans. that's even simpler than the maths involved.

Summed up by why bring more money in when clearly you haven't spent it well for 3 summer transfer windows in a row?

hibee-boys
09-03-2020, 09:41 PM
Should have moved singing section down into the lower tier of the FF and increased kids tickets in there in line with the rest of the ground. £50 for circa 20 games is extracting the urine, no wonder folk don't mind if the kids never come along for most of the games. Should have bumped it up to £100.

madhatter
09-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Isn't he doing what he said he would? Increasing the budget.

We are increasing the budget surely? I mean it will be the fans money that is doing it if we are talking about ST price increase. I'm not overstating it, this could very well be make it or break it summer on his 5 year plan. If ST numbers go down then club will not improve budget and will also be charging the remaining fans a premium for more of the same. Massive summer ahead.

HibeeHibernian4
09-03-2020, 09:58 PM
We are increasing the budget surely? I mean it will be the fans money that is doing it if we are talking about ST price increase. I'm not overstating it, this could very well be make it or break it summer on his 5 year plan. If ST numbers go down then club will not improve budget and will also be charging the remaining fans a premium for more of the same. Massive summer ahead.

It’s going to be more of the same literally no matter who is recruited or how big the budget is. Even if we are successful, within two or three years we will be back at this point.

madhatter
09-03-2020, 10:03 PM
It’s going to be more of the same literally no matter who is recruited or how big the budget is. Even if we are successful, within two or three years we will be back at this point.

Abject mediocrity?

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 10:06 PM
Abject mediocrity?

He probably means in our second semi final of the season, 11 points ahead of our neighbours. :rolleyes:

percy veer
09-03-2020, 10:07 PM
Should have moved singing section down into the lower tier of the FF and increased kids tickets in there in line with the rest of the ground. £50 for circa 20 games is extracting the urine, no wonder folk don't mind if the kids never come along for most of the games. Should have bumped it up to £100.

do you have kids?