PDA

View Full Version : Hampden seating

Tarrahib
09-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Would it be possible to sell a section of tickets at the semi final to senior concessions in the one area so that people like my wife who is not very tall can sit down and see the whole game.You all know when 1 person stands at Hampden everyone else behind them has to stand as well.

Hibernian Verse
09-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Would it be possible to sell a section of tickets at the semi final to senior concessions in the one area so that people like my wife who is not very tall can sit down and see the whole game.You all know when 1 person stands at Hampden everyone else behind them has to stand as well.

You are best going in to see the ticket office if you can. They might be able to ensure you're on the egde of a row or near the front of the stand.

Steven79
09-03-2020, 11:41 AM

Go in the South Upper in the front row as you will be fine.

Mainstandman
09-03-2020, 11:54 AM
as per other reply see if the ticket office can sort that for you. They do have access to the seating plan of away grounds I believe. I sit I the south when I take my mum and dad and they see fine sitting. they're both I their 80s

Tarrahib
09-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Thanks guys I have sent a message to the ticket office.
Hopefully we can get sorted.

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 12:17 PM
Go in the South Upper in the front row as you will be fine.

Is that area actually on sale?

Just to clarify, I meant on sale as part of the first wave of sales.

Steven79
09-03-2020, 12:21 PM

I've no idea but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't go on sale.

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 12:25 PM
I've no idea but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't go on sale.

Usually it's not guaranteed.

They normally wait until all the other areas are sold out and put that area on sale when there's no other option left.

Maybe the club could announce part of Hampden as Standing Allowed and Standing Prohibited, so people have the option to actually sit down, even in the cheap seats behind the goals.

:dunno:

Ardenttwo
09-03-2020, 12:53 PM

I have been wondering if I can get two seats together for myself and wife. I am a ST holder so hopefully get a choice Hotel already booked near Hampden

Moulin Yarns
09-03-2020, 12:55 PM
I have been wondering if I can get two seats together for myself and wife. I am a ST holder so hopefully get a choice Hotel already booked near Hampden

Why wouldn't you get two together?

Ardenttwo
09-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Why wouldn't you get two together?

Maybe I got wrong info but someone mentioned ST holders get first chance but only one ticket. Glad to be told this is incorrect

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 06:06 PM
Maybe I got wrong info but someone mentioned ST holders get first chance but only one ticket. Glad to be told this is incorrect

I don't think they've actually announced it yet but it'll most likely be two per Season Ticket holder.

I can't imagine you'll have a problem either way.

Tarrahib
10-03-2020, 07:05 AM

I got a reply from the club saying this section wouldn't go on sale until other sections are sold out.
Do I buy in the first wave and try to get a half decent seat or wait until other sections are sold out?
Will the other sections sell out?

ben johnson
10-03-2020, 08:16 AM
I got a reply from the club saying this section wouldn't go on sale until other sections are sold out.
Do I buy in the first wave and try to get a half decent seat or wait until other sections are sold out?
Will the other sections sell out?

We managed to get South Upper for the 2016 Final. They went on sale straight away as we were sure to sell out.
We queued from midnight till 9am in order to get them and I never minded queuing as you could get exactly what you wanted.
I must have been about the 20th person served but could only get South Upper row B. Row A sold out.
On match day Kenny McCaskill was right in front of me.
I tapped him on the shoulder and told him he must have had a disguise on when queuing as I could not remember seeing him in front of me
Last Hearts semi final we were refused South Upper and the gamble is they don’t go on sale and you end up at the front or behind the goals.

Tarrahib
10-03-2020, 08:36 AM
We managed to get South Upper for the 2016 Final. They went on sale straight away as we were sure to sell out.
We queued from midnight till 9am in order to get them and I never minded queuing as you could get exactly what you wanted.
I must have been about the 20th person served but could only get South Upper row B. Row A sold out.
On match day Kenny McCaskill was right in front of me.
I tapped him on the shoulder and told him he must have had a disguise on when queuing as I could not remember seeing him in front of me
Last Hearts semi final we were refused South Upper and the gamble is they don’t go on sale and you end up at the front or behind the goals.
Ta mate.Food for thought!

Lago
10-03-2020, 01:06 PM
I assume that ticket money would be refunded in the event the game had to be played behind closed doors.

Keith_M
10-03-2020, 01:10 PM
Re: The South Upper.

One of the reasons they go on sale later than the other sections is because they're Debenture Seats. They have to be offered to Debenture Holders first, and only go on sale if they don't take up the option.

However, as most of the Debenture Holders support either Celtc or The Rangers, I don't think there would be a big uptake for this game.

10-03-2020, 03:38 PM
Re: The South Upper.

One of the reasons they go on sale later than the other sections is because they're Debenture Seats. They have to be offered to Debenture Holders first, and only go on sale if they don't take up the option.

However, as most of the Debenture Holders support either Celtc or The Rangers, I don't think there would be a big uptake for this game.

If they do go on sale, do you know if they are usually the same price as the south lower?

Steven79
10-03-2020, 03:40 PM
If they do go on sale, do you know if they are usually the same price as the south lower?

They will be.

10-03-2020, 03:44 PM
They will be.

Thanks.

DH1875
10-03-2020, 04:11 PM
I was in south upper for the cup final. It was fish as couldn't get on the pitch :greengrin

RossScott1991
10-03-2020, 04:20 PM
When do tickets go on sale