PDA

View Full Version : Line up for biggest game of the decade

Springbank
09-03-2020, 09:28 AM
We are 5 weeks away from the one game of the 2020s that people will remember in future years.

We are sluggish & need better energy & discipline in the squad (red cards etc)

These things can be changed by the manager bringing urgency & focus (that's needed imo)

I'd be up for this team gelling for the semi

Bogdan/Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Jackson/Hanlon

Omeonga (rwb)
Docherty
Hallberg
Newell (lwb)

Allan

Doidge
Boyle

Boyle's pace is key & big daz to snuff out their forwards

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 09:42 AM
I'll wait to see who's fit.

What's the line up to beat St Johnstone? :wink:

Unseen work
09-03-2020, 10:01 AM
.........................Bogdan.............

McGinn....Jackson....McGregor....Hanlon...

........................Hallberg......
........Docherty...................Newell.....
........................Boyle.........

.................Doidge........Gullan.....

Or

..........................Bogdan.........

......McGinn........Jackson.....Hanlon.....

Omeonga...Hallberg...Docherty.....Newell.....

............................Boyle............

.....................Doidge......Gullan......

For me if Boyle isn’t a striker as he is better starting with the ball slightly deeper and for how good he is wing back, it exposes a bit and he can be taken out the game if the opposition have attacking wingers/full backs.

Behind the striker he would be different to Allan and wouldn’t show to feet, get him spinning in behind or make runs into the channel so he’s a bit more difficult to pick up and is involved a lot.

Allan hasn’t been at his best but in fairness he’s still contributing with goals and assists.

Edit: Sorry this team is for the next game, will decide on the semi based on performances up to then.

Swedish hibee
09-03-2020, 10:31 AM
Nevermind 5 weeks, we've a very important game against St Johnstone. Tricky team who are also desperate for the 3 points too.

Jones28
09-03-2020, 10:52 AM
Omeonga as a RWB? No danger. Not doubting his ability but we need pace and crossing ability in wide areas and Boyle has more of both.

4-2-3-1 for me.

Goalkeeper probably will be Marciano.

Mcginn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Omeonga Hallberg/Docherty
Boyle Mallan/Allan Newell
Doidge

Solid formation, in attack it turns into a 4-3-3 and in Defense it gets more compact. Hearts overloaded our wide players last time at every opportunity. We need to match up and use Allan’s passing ability to pick holes for Doidge to take the ball in.

DO. NOT. HOOF. IT.

Smartie
09-03-2020, 11:01 AM
Omeonga as a RWB? No danger. Not doubting his ability but we need pace and crossing ability in wide areas and Boyle has more of both.

4-2-3-1 for me.

Goalkeeper probably will be Marciano.

Mcginn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Omeonga Hallberg/Docherty
Boyle Mallan/Allan Newell
Doidge

Solid formation, in attack it turns into a 4-3-3 and in Defense it gets more compact. Hearts overloaded our wide players last time at every opportunity. We need to match up and use Allan’s passing ability to pick holes for Doidge to take the ball in.

DO. NOT. HOOF. IT.

That’s a Heckingbottom team. 451, Newell wide left, no defensive midfielder to protect a back 4, Hanlon on the left of a pair. All it needs is Josh Vela and we’ve recreated the nightmare that was the first quarter of the season.

When we play that way we’re outnumbered and dominated all over the park every time.

Fair to say that it’s a no from me.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2020, 11:02 AM
do. Not. Hoof. It.

unless. You. Have. To.

allmodcons
09-03-2020, 11:04 AM
We are 5 weeks away from the one game of the 2020s that people will remember in future years.

We are sluggish & need better energy & discipline in the squad (red cards etc)

These things can be changed by the manager bringing urgency & focus (that's needed imo)

I'd be up for this team gelling for the semi

Bogdan/Marciano

McGinn
McGregor
Jackson/Hanlon

Omeonga (rwb)
Docherty
Hallberg
Newell (lwb)

Allan

Doidge
Boyle

Boyle's pace is key & big daz to snuff out their forwards

No disrespect but the game is a while away and the biggest game of the decade was 21st May 2016.

allmodcons
09-03-2020, 11:05 AM
unless. You. Have. To.

:greengrin

lyonhibs
09-03-2020, 11:11 AM
No disrespect but the game is a while away and the biggest game of the decade was 21st May 2016.

This is a new decade, as the op alluded to. The whole team's attitude needs to be better, confidence, fight and skill were nearly completely lacking last week and whatever XI taken the field and their "on paper" strengths vs weaknesses, if they aren't up for a battle and prepared to have confidence in themselves and their team-mates with the ball then we'll be buggered either way.

JammyDoidger
09-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Rocky/bogdan if we give him game time before.

Mcginn
Jackson again give him game time before
hanlon

boyle
docherty
Slivka
Newell

Allan

doidge
mcnulty

McKenzie
11-03-2020, 06:18 PM
Rocky/bogdan if we give him game time before.

Mcginn
Jackson again give him game time before
hanlon

boyle
docherty
Slivka
Newell

Allan

doidge
mcnulty

This but would prefer someone other than McNulty. Need a ball playing midfielder in there. Boyle’s pace out wide needs utilised more to expose their narrow pressing shape. Potentially even McGregor in just purely cause he’s a hibs fan and he’d run through a brick wall to win games for us.

jacomo
11-03-2020, 06:30 PM
.........................Bogdan.............

McGinn....Jackson....McGregor....Hanlon...

........................Hallberg......
........Docherty...................Newell.....
........................Boyle.........

.................Doidge........Gullan.....

Or

..........................Bogdan.........

......McGinn........Jackson.....Hanlon.....

Omeonga...Hallberg...Docherty.....Newell.....

............................Boyle............

.....................Doidge......Gullan......

For me if Boyle isn’t a striker as he is better starting with the ball slightly deeper and for how good he is wing back, it exposes a bit and he can be taken out the game if the opposition have attacking wingers/full backs.

Behind the striker he would be different to Allan and wouldn’t show to feet, get him spinning in behind or make runs into the channel so he’s a bit more difficult to pick up and is involved a lot.

Allan hasn’t been at his best but in fairness he’s still contributing with goals and assists.

Edit: Sorry this team is for the next game, will decide on the semi based on performances up to then.

You really think Boyle should be central behind the strikers?

You are basically taking his pace out of the game.

Peevemor
11-03-2020, 06:57 PM

It's an American football type thing, where Doidge & Gullan block & hold off the defenders to leave Boyle to run through the middle.

500miles
11-03-2020, 07:45 PM
Play fullbacks and wingers, make sure that the men in the heart of midfield recycle the ball and quickly get it into wide areas.

...........Marciano
McGinn.Jackson.Hanlon.Stevenson
....Slivka/Newell.Docherty
.Boyle.................Horgan
..........Gullan
............Doidge

green day
11-03-2020, 07:48 PM
Lots to happen between now and then.

Plenty of injuries and issues to come. Hearts may be on the up, or they may be on the cusp of relegation.

All to play for, and I dont believe we will play anything like the other week.

GGTTH07
11-03-2020, 08:01 PM
Porteous could be back for the semi final. I Would plau big Daz in the semi final 100%

Diclonius
11-03-2020, 08:44 PM
We have, HAVE to beat this ****ing team.

Unseen work
11-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Porteous could be back for the semi final. I Would plau big Daz in the semi final 100%

Porto is out for the rest of the season

Unseen work
11-03-2020, 09:35 PM

I think it would be worth a go.

It’s not a position where i would normally want to play him, but if you read what I said I think it could make him harder to mark against hearts or teams that want to sit in and make the game tight.

Hearts last time kicked him straight away and doubled up on him. If he was playing central and drifted out wide or made the third man runs I’m not convinced they would manage to cope.

Doidge drops in and wants the ball to feet, if he does that it leaves a big gap in behind for Boyle to drive into.

They key to beating hearts imo is that long ball over the top or playing through the lines.

CloudSquall
12-03-2020, 01:25 AM
Bogdan

McGinn Jackson Hanlon

Omeonga Allan Docherty

Newell

Boyle Doidge Gullan

Bielsa's 3313, Allan played deeper in order to have a bit more time on the ball to spray passes wide for Boyle or through to Newell.

I've pretty much given up on us being able to even think about a clean sheet therefore it's all about scoring more than the opposition.