PDA

View Full Version : Is Europe Slipping Out Of Reach?

HibsTalk
08-03-2020, 06:29 PM
This week’s podcast we discuss the Aberdeen game. Is there a lack of leadership on the pitch, and whether Europe is now out of reach?

We also discuss whether top 6 means anything, and how big is the St Johnstone game for achieving it?

Let us know your thoughts on all of this!

https://HibsTalk.com/ep115

scuttle
08-03-2020, 06:35 PM
Making top six is vital for me, means you avoid the relegation struggle which is going to the wire this season. Europ has already gone imo

Smartie
08-03-2020, 06:44 PM
One pish week and Europe is gone.

It's all about the cup now, I struggle to feign any enthusiasm about this top 6/ bottom 6 nonsense, as if Hibs finishing top 6 is some sort of achievement. Whether we play out for our mid table finish against the better teams or poorer teams means pretty much nothing.

HibsTalk
08-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Links!

Apple|
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/hibs-talk/id1236445811#episodeGuid=f62c2374-d4bd-4344-993a-7d14179ad1f8

Spotify|
https://open.spotify.com/episode/6xaev35JVBl7k7sQM60TMN?si=UvUQcMpOR7uA_XuiUQA3ug

YouTube|
https://youtu.be/WTiB8Is1P2Y

murray26
08-03-2020, 06:50 PM
This week was a massive test home v Hearts and away v Aberdeen both winnable.. we failed.. we can’t fail again this Saturday or bottom 6 and a potential relegation battle will await.. what a difference a week makes.

Speedway
08-03-2020, 06:52 PM
It’s a season of abject mediocrity for Hibs as our WDL columns illustrate.

We won’t go on a winning streak against top 6 teams now so I'd say European qualification is one for the blindly optimistic now.

GreenCastle
08-03-2020, 06:54 PM
Bigger picture..

Season ticket sales
Budget
Crowds
Potential new players
Taking points off Hearts rivals..

Bottom 6 isn’t a great achievement but having been there for a few weeks and a chance to stay there we should be aiming for it.

If we fail to make it - it really is a shocker of a season unless we win the cup.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2020, 07:03 PM
We have no chance of Europe unless we win the cup.

OstKurve Hibs
08-03-2020, 07:08 PM

Exactly this, even if we make top 6 we wont win enough points to get 3rd or 4th

EI255
08-03-2020, 07:24 PM
Would we REALLY benefit from playing early games again? I don't think so.

We'll do well to finish in the top six, forget Europe

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
08-03-2020, 07:26 PM
Would we REALLY benefit from playing early games again? I don't think so.

We'll do well to finish in the top six, forget Europe

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

The League Cup group games start at the same time as the European qualifiers.

Either way our competitive season will begin at the start of July.

Hibbyradge
08-03-2020, 07:54 PM

I have never thought we'd make the European places after the mess Heckingbottom left us in. The turnaround we needed just looked too difficult to achieve given the state our squad was in and the injury situation although I was hoping to be proved wrong as we drew closer.

I'd love another jaunt into Europe, but we'd probably be out before the season started. However, I'll be disappointed if we don't get top 6.

jacomo
08-03-2020, 08:14 PM
I have never thought we'd make the European places after the mess Heckingbottom left us in. The turnaround we needed just looked too difficult to achieve given the state our squad was in and the injury situation although I was hoping to be proved wrong as we drew closer.

I'd love another jaunt into Europe, but we'd probably be out before the season started. However, I'll be disappointed if we don't get top 6.

:agree:

ekhibee
08-03-2020, 09:03 PM

Totally agree with all of that.

davym7062
08-03-2020, 09:07 PM
after the season weve had ive never thought we would qualify for Europe> don't matter tho coz were gonna win the cup