PDA

View Full Version : Are we missing Stevie Mallan.

Moody Blues
08-03-2020, 10:00 AM
Tin hat on. But i feel we do.

The Modfather
08-03-2020, 10:04 AM

As an option from the bench and an alternative to an off form Allan, yes.

CMac1988
08-03-2020, 10:04 AM
Nope. We're missing Newell.

jeffers
08-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Not really IMO, he hits a great dead ball but too often the rest of his game is sorely lacking.

hibsmad
08-03-2020, 10:07 AM
Definitely.

He has looked his best in the Scott Allan role and would have come of the bench to replace him in a few games recently. Possibly even started ahead of him.

We also miss his set pieces. This is only more obvious while Newell is out injured.

H18S NX
08-03-2020, 10:09 AM
No,missing Newell.

flash
08-03-2020, 10:09 AM

We certainly are.

Lancs Harp
08-03-2020, 10:15 AM
I think from the prospective of having a back up/alternative to a misfiring Scott Allan we are missing him.

As a starter with everyone fit and on it, no we arent missing him too much. Good at set pieces and the odd great pass, but it is only the odd great pass, he isnt consistent enough and if we want to be where we want to be he probably isnt good enough for a starting berth IMO.

Shrekko
08-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Regardless of people’s thoughts on him as a starter or whatever ... and some of the criticism is utterly ridiculous, there’s no way having him around doesn’t help the squad. He does things that other players can’t- stuff that wins games. To say we don’t miss him shows how entrenched in their views some people need to be.

Scouse Hibee
Probably yes as he plays in fits and starts just like the rest of our midfield so another option who we may find on a good game every now and then wouldn’t be a bad thing. With so many inconsistent performers we might strike lucky for the odd game with Mallan too.

ahibby
No

Cataplana
08-03-2020, 10:20 AM
I miss Stevie Mallan every time he is supposed to be playing. Can't find him anywhere.

Billy Whizz
08-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Wonder how far away he is from fitness

BegbieHSC
08-03-2020, 10:31 AM
Yes.
It’ll be good to have him back.

scuttle
08-03-2020, 10:34 AM

Not for me. If it was American football he would be good to bring on for set pieces but imo he is no better than we have

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Definitely missed him.

fishybeaver
08-03-2020, 10:35 AM
Missing Him and Newell, not much quality on corners etc with both missing imo

superfurryhibby
08-03-2020, 10:38 AM
Mallan is a useful squad player, a decent bet when Allan is tiring in a game. Would he have made a difference to the game v Hearts....not in my view. Can Ross get more from him, possibly.

Having watched him since he signed, I don't think he has the drive or ability to be a top SPL player.

murray26
08-03-2020, 10:38 AM
Mallan needs to go in the summer unless he drastically improves..

TheGreenMan
08-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Missing big Marv more

Michael
08-03-2020, 10:41 AM
I think he's better than he gets credit for, but he's inconsistent. He's a bit like Dean Shiels in that the longer he stays in the team the worse he gets. But, he has his moments.

Brightside
08-03-2020, 10:42 AM
No. We are missing midfielders that will press, tackle and win the ball.

Weegreenman
08-03-2020, 10:44 AM
We’re missing a defence.

TheMentalHibees
08-03-2020, 10:51 AM
Don’t know if I’d say we “miss” him but he couldn’t do any worse than Allan on current form. At the least would offer us a threat from set pieces which at the minute are just an opportunity to play the ball back to the opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
08-03-2020, 10:58 AM
100%

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Nothing like a couple of bad results to cloud peoples judgement. We need a ball winning defensive midfielder and/or left sided attacking midfielder....and a new defence! Mallan would not improve the current midfield.

Robbo6-2
08-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Be good to have your player and players players of the year available.

He didny become ***** overnight!

There is a player in there

JimboHibs
08-03-2020, 11:06 AM
Nothing like a couple of bad results to cloud peoples judgement. We need a ball winning defensive midfielder and/or left sided attacking midfielder....and a new defence! Mallan would not improve the current midfield.

Agree with that,really miss Newell the shape playing a 3 looks so much better with him.

Box 17
08-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Whilst it's always good to have another option, lets not forget that Mallan was a regular in the side when we were struggling at the start of the season.

Spike Mandela
08-03-2020, 11:18 AM
Mallan is a goalscoring midfielder. Yeah, he has deficiences in his game but I reckon we miss his goals.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Mallan is a goalscoring midfielder. Yeah, he has deficiences in his game but I reckon we miss his goals.This is where I am, supported by the right sort of hard man in the middle Mallan would thrive, goal scoring midfielder with a decent bit of skill should always be part of a Hibs line up.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Since452
08-03-2020, 11:29 AM
Yes we're missing him

Keith_M
08-03-2020, 11:31 AM
When he is playing, some people say he's a "waste of a jersey", or "like playing with ten men".

Thought some people post some ridiculous comments on here... like the one yesterday that said Scott Allan has been "atrocious all season".

The Harp
08-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Surely it's better to have all our first team squad fit and ready to play if selected. I've no doubt Stevie will feature in the team and play his part when JR thinks he's ready. Hopefully, it's soon.

Smartie
08-03-2020, 11:57 AM
An excellent alternative for Allan and given Allan's dip in form, he'd likely have had a shot over the past few weeks. Who, knows, this might have been exactly the opportunity he's been needing.

What we are absolutely 100% not missing is Mallan plodding about deeper in midfield, we'd have likely lost more games if he'd been squeezed into out team there.

The very idea of Mallan being pressed by the Hearts midfield in the semi gives me the absolute fear.

PISTOL1875
08-03-2020, 01:53 PM
If we are even suggesting we are missing Stevie Mallan then it shows the actual levels of despair we have lowered ourselves too..

The last thing we need is another weak minded bottle merchant like him on the park.............

superfurryhibby
08-03-2020, 02:17 PM
If we are even suggesting we are missing Stevie Mallan then it shows the actual levels of despair we have lowered ourselves too..

The last thing we need is another weak minded bottle merchant like him on the park.............

No need.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 02:19 PM

I don't think it's the last thing we need. The real last thing we need is toxic, ignorant supporters who abuse our players any chance that get.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 02:27 PM
In our present predicament Stevie Mallan will be like a new signing batteries recharged full of energy and should be able to slot in seamlessly and give certain players a break and hopefully the team a lift

JR will know how to get the best out of him from their St Mirren days

What’s not to like?

Centre Hawf
08-03-2020, 02:52 PM
Nah not at all for me. We're missing playing Omeonga and or Halberg instead of someone who doesn't track runners, doesn't tackle. Doesn't create chances, doesn't open up defences.

He hits a decent ball once every 3 months though so I guess if that's what you want then we are missing him.

Shrekko
08-03-2020, 02:57 PM
Nah not at all for me. We're missing playing Omeonga and or Halberg instead of someone who doesn't track runners, doesn't tackle. Doesn't create chances, doesn't open up defences.

He hits a decent ball once every 3 months though so I guess if that's what you want then we are missing him.

Every 3 months? Absolutely laughable.

Once some folk take a dislike (even tho he was involved in over 25 goals last season) it’s game over.

PISTOL1875
08-03-2020, 02:57 PM
I don't think it's the last thing we need. The real last thing we need is toxic, ignorant supporters who abuse our players any chance that get.

There's no false story here.. Mallan has often been posted missing in matches for the majority of his time here.. When the going gets tough , he is another one who doesn't want to know...........

it isn't abuse and I am not being toxic or ignorant, it is my opinion of the player.. Mallan is a poor player..

bigwheel
08-03-2020, 02:58 PM
The lack of form from Allan, and the loss of Newall’s set pieces means that Mallan could be a very good addition to the squad currently.. look forward to having him back in contention

Shrekko
08-03-2020, 03:01 PM
There's no false story here.. Mallan has often been posted missing in matches for the majority of his time here.. When the going gets tough , he is another one who doesn't want to know...........

it isn't abuse and I am not being toxic or ignorant, it is my opinion of the player.. Mallan is a poor player..

Calling a player ‘a weak minded bottle merchant’ is toxic and ignorant in anybody’s language.

Your opinion of the player is also ridiculous. He was voted POTY by fans and also his team mates last season so your comments on what he’s supposedly like for the ‘majority’ of his time here is absolute nonsense.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 03:05 PM
The lack of form from Allan, and the loss of Newall’s set pieces means that Mallan could be a very good addition to the squad currently.. look forward to having him back in contention

Agree Mallan and Newall could be interesting together

I also agree with the posters that say he is not the toughest player but I did notice he was starting to get stuck in more before his injury

He is our Player of the Year the Players Player of the Year he carries a goal threat so why not play him

I am in the camp that did not rate him but I feel he was not being played in his true position but I find myself thinking we need to get a team and a run of results going before Hampden

Brooster
08-03-2020, 03:09 PM
Of course we are missing Stevie Mallan. He's a very good player. Some so called supporters need to have a word with themselves with some of the comments on here.

Bishop Hibee
08-03-2020, 03:10 PM
We’re missing a Bartley/Milligan type in midfield and a younger version of McGregor. Current squad won’t provide the answers to our conceding too many goals. No, we’re not missing Mallan in my opinion.

PISTOL1875
08-03-2020, 03:14 PM
Calling a player ‘a weak minded bottle merchant’ is toxic and ignorant in anybody’s language.

Your opinion of the player is also ridiculous. He was voted POTY by fans and also his team mates last season so your comments on what he’s supposedly like for the ‘majority’ of his time here is absolute nonsense.

Absolute drivvle.. Mallan is a player who has made a career out of having a hard shot and that is it..

His general play is poor , drops far too deep and congests the central midfield area... His return will improve the squad but if we are relying on him to get us up the table then we are in a massive shock........

bigwheel
08-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Absolute drivvle.. Mallan is a player who has made a career out of having a hard shot and that is it..

His general play is poor , drops far too deep and congests the central midfield area... His return will improve the squad but if we are relying on him to get us up the table then we are in a massive shock........

Are you ignoring his 12 assists from last season ? He is not strong defensively ..but to say he is poor is way over the top ..

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 03:20 PM
Nope. He was part of the brutal side under Hecky and offered very little.

However, if he returns and produced the form he had for a big part of last season then it would be extremely beneficial.

PISTOL1875
08-03-2020, 03:22 PM
Are you ignoring his 12 assists from last season ? He is not strong defensively ..but to say he is poor is way over the top ..

I don't care about last season.. It's no coincidence that when Hecky got binned and Mallan was dropped , results picked up.......

Shrekko
08-03-2020, 03:23 PM

Aye right you are.

Clearly his team mates know a lot less about his contribution than you.

He was told to play deep by Heckingbottom which isn’t his best position.

If you want to pinpoint what bits specifically are ‘drivvle’ then do so - but otherwise you’re just being abusive.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Remember one game Lenny played him as the holding midfield player versus Celtic at Easter Road and he was totally outstanding in a routine win

Lenny had the Indian sign over Celtic

Iggy Pope
08-03-2020, 03:33 PM
Of course we are missing him. Squad game needs a squad.

Centre Hawf
08-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Every 3 months? Absolutely laughable.

Once some folk take a dislike (even tho he was involved in over 25 goals last season) it’s game over.

He's got 3 goals this season. Fair enough they didn't come in gaps of three months but when you're ONLY saving grace as a footballer is that you are goal scoring midfielder and you stop scoring goals what else is there for him to fall back on? Cause it certainly isn't his overall play.

The guy isn't good enough like a few in the squad. If we persist with someone like Stevie Mallan we'll continue to under perform.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 03:48 PM

Utter pish, Mallan is a class player who suffers from not being Scott Allan. When he plays he should be played in the same role as Allan. He’s not a ball winner, but neither is Allan. If Allan is on form he should start with Mallan coming off the bench, when Allan isn’t on form the roles should be reversed. Thank god our coaching staff no more about the game than you.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 03:51 PM
Nope. He was part of the brutal side under Hecky and offered very little.

However, if he returns and produced the form he had for a big part of last season then it would be extremely beneficial.
So were Doidge and Newall and lots of other players, are you saying it was all Mallan’s fault?

Since452
08-03-2020, 03:59 PM
See Mallan is the new scapegoat then. Depressing attitude to some of our players like. Especially the players player of the season.

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 04:03 PM
So were Doidge and Newall and lots of other players, are you saying it was all Mallan’s fault?

If I was saying it was all Mallans fault you could have quoted that.

How can you even come to that conclusion as to that’s what I indicated?

bigwheel
08-03-2020, 04:06 PM
I don't care about last season.. It's no coincidence that when Hecky got binned and Mallan was dropped , results picked up.......

Are you actually suggesting the loss of Mallan as a material factor in improved results ?

Mallan was good last season because he was played in a position that brought the best out of him..unlike under PH, when he was largely used in roles that were alien to his attributes ..

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 04:07 PM
If I was saying it was all Mallans fault you could have quoted that.

How can you even come to that conclusion as to that’s what I indicated?
You said he was brutal during the period under heckingbottom, but so where others who have since gone on to become major players in the team. It seems that certain players seem to be given more leeway than others.

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 04:09 PM
You said he was brutal during the period under heckingbottom, but so where others who have since gone on to become major players in the team. It seems that certain players seem to be given more leeway than others.

If there was a thread asking if we are missing Ryan Porteous I would say likewise. The thread is a question asking if we miss a player, I didn’t say no he’s ****ing ***** and to blame for everything mate, I said we aren’t missing him based on his form this season. I didn’t say he was brutal either, I said he was part of the brutal side.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 04:15 PM
If there was a thread asking if we are missing Ryan Porteous I would say likewise. The thread is a question asking if we miss a player, I didn’t say no he’s ****ing ***** and to blame for everything mate, I said we aren’t missing him based on his form this season. I didn’t say he was brutal either, I said he was part of the brutal side.
I know you didn’t say he was brutal and I also acknowledge that you said if he could come back and be a big player you would welcome that. I just didn’t understand why you referenced the period under heckingbottom when you said we weren’t missing him.

B.H.F.C
08-03-2020, 04:22 PM

Mallan played an important part in most of our wins when Ross came in leading up to his injury, even if it was off the bench at times. Winning goal at St Mirren, played well against Aberdeen in what was our best performance of the season.

Mallan doesn’t fix all our issues obviously, but we could absolutely do with having him available.

BlackSheep
08-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Right now, I think we are... cos the past few games I’ve looked at the bench when we’ve been down and not thought we had anyone who could come on and change the game... even Horgan, who has gone from looking like a great wee winger to a headless chicken. The Mallan and Allan conundrum is solved by playing the one in better form and bringing the other in at 60/70 mins to impact the game, either to help turn it back in our favour or to kill it off.

Shrekko
08-03-2020, 04:34 PM
He's got 3 goals this season. Fair enough they didn't come in gaps of three months but when you're ONLY saving grace as a footballer is that you are goal scoring midfielder and you stop scoring goals what else is there for him to fall back on? Cause it certainly isn't his overall play.

The guy isn't good enough like a few in the squad. If we persist with someone like Stevie Mallan we'll continue to under perform.

Nah... you lose the argument straight away when you just completely lie about his contribution. You said he hits a decent ball once every 3 months. Nobody can reason with that sort of guff. Now it’s that’s he’s only scored 3 this season ... well he’s only played half the season and in a role that doesn’t really suit someone looking to score.

His ‘only saving grace’ bit is absolute tosh as well. His assists would tell you otherwise but like I say- how can you argue with people who make stuff up to enhance their nonsense arguments?

Peevemor
08-03-2020, 04:44 PM
For me the Mallan thing is pretty straightforward. This season he was played mostly as a defensive midfielder which isn't his place at all - his tackling is poor and he inevitably gets booked meaning that he falls out the game to avoid being sent off. In addition playing that bit deeper means there are an extra couple of bodies to block his shooting opportunities.

Played further forward, as he was last season, he's an asset to the team.

B.H.F.C
08-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Nah... you lose the argument straight away when you just completely lie about his contribution. You said he hits a decent ball once every 3 months. Nobody can reason with that sort of guff. Now it’s that’s he’s only scored 3 this season ... well he’s only played half the season and in a role that doesn’t really suit someone looking to score.

His ‘only saving grace’ bit is absolute tosh as well. His assists would tell you otherwise but like I say- how can you argue with people who make stuff up to enhance their nonsense arguments?

3 goals and 3 assists in 20 league appearances this season. Don’t know how many starts, probably about 15.

Not a brilliant return but, on average, a direct goal involvement every 3 games. Numbers would be better if he’d actually been played in an attacking role as opposed to that daft holding position that he clearly can’t play.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2020, 04:55 PM
I'm not his biggest fan, but as a replacement for Allan he's a decent one. What we are missing is better players than we currently have, but that's obvious.

Shrekko
08-03-2020, 05:16 PM
3 goals and 3 assists in 20 league appearances this season. Don’t know how many starts, probably about 15.

Not a brilliant return but, on average, a direct goal involvement every 3 games. Numbers would be better if he’d actually been played in an attacking role as opposed to that daft holding position that he clearly can’t play.

Yeah - I’d guess he’s had direct involvement in about 30 goals in around 70 games overall for Hibs?

That’s better than a decent hit every 3 months eh?

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 05:29 PM
I know you didn’t say he was brutal and I also acknowledge that you said if he could come back and be a big player you would welcome that. I just didn’t understand why you referenced the period under heckingbottom when you said we weren’t missing him.

Because that was the last period he was on the pitch playing for us and what he brought to the team means I don’t feel we miss him. It’s not singling him out or anything or saying he’s utter pap it’s just my opinion really.

The Wireless
08-03-2020, 05:36 PM
What would be the answer to this topic after the Inverness match? Is he mentally and physically going to bring something to the table. Did he miss his last penalty? Is he a captain ie leader? I said weeks ago we are exactly a 5th/ 6th team in Scotland and that’s what we are and where we will finish. It could be worse however should be better.

emerald green
08-03-2020, 05:37 PM
No, Hibs are missing a team with a spine, one which can defend much better, with a stronger mentality, and with not just one leader on the pitch but several.

superfurryhibby
08-03-2020, 06:28 PM

In my opinion your original comment was appalling and abusive . Is it not possible to give an opinion without resorting to language like "weak minded bottle merchant"?

I wish all the we could all pass judgement on players without resorting to sounding like total ****z. I don't think Mallan is a top level SPL player either, but I don't feel the need to slaughter the guy, who appears to me to give all he has when he plays.

Centre Hawf
08-03-2020, 06:30 PM

No bother Stevie, hope the recovery is going well.

PISTOL1875
08-03-2020, 06:57 PM
In my opinion your original comment was appalling and abusive . Is it not possible to give an opinion without resorting to language like "weak minded bottle merchant"?

I wish all the we could all pass judgement on players without resorting to sounding like total ****z. I don't think Mallan is a top level SPL player either, but I don't feel the need to slaughter the guy, who appears to me to give all he has when he plays.

but he is a bottle merchant , very rarely he goes into a 50/50 and when the going gets tough in games , he simply hides..

Shrekko
08-03-2020, 06:58 PM

Oh lord🤣

Original 👍

Since452
08-03-2020, 07:26 PM
Can't wait till Mallan leaves and joins one of of our rivals so we can have a thread about how we were stupid to let him go.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 07:30 PM
**** off, is that the best response you’ve got? Pathetic.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 07:35 PM
but he is a bottle merchant , very rarely he goes into a 50/50 and when the going gets tough in games , he simply hides..
He doesn’t hide and he certainly isn’t a bottle merchant. Why would we expect one of our skilful players to be going in for 50/50 challenges? It’s like criticising a centre half for not having enough assists. You are clueless mate.

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 07:40 PM
He doesn’t hide and he certainly isn’t a bottle merchant. Why would we expect one of our skilful players to be going in for 50/50 challenges? It’s like criticising a centre half for not having enough assists. You are clueless mate.

Skilful players get a pass from going for 50/50's! Wow.

Keyser Sauzee
08-03-2020, 07:42 PM

Surely we should expect all our players to be committed to 50/50’s when they arise?? I’m not saying Mallan doesn’t do this I just don’t agree we shouldn’t ask certain players to do it.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 07:52 PM
Skilful players get a pass from going for 50/50's! Wow.
How many 50/50 challenges does Scott Allan win? We have a team with different qualities, I’m not expecting my playmaker to also steam in and be a ball winner. But wow you obviously do.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 07:57 PM
Surely we should expect all our players to be committed to 50/50’s when they arise?? I’m not saying Mallan doesn’t do this I just don’t agree we shouldn’t ask certain players to do it.
We should expect it but we all know it isn’t going to happen. Do you think Barcelona fans are raging if Messi pulls out of a 50/50? I’m going to guess they don’t because they see his qualities somewhere else on the pitch. For some reason Mallan is being judged on his ability to win the ball when that’s clearly not his game.

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 07:58 PM
How many 50/50 challenges does Scott Allan win? We have a team with different qualities, I’m not expecting my playmaker to also steam in and be a ball winner. But wow you obviously do.

That would help team morale...."Stephane, you go for all the 50/50's mate, i'm just here to look good and play the odd defence splitting pass, thanks"

Smartie
08-03-2020, 08:04 PM
That would help team morale...."Stephane, you go for all the 50/50's mate, i'm just here to look good and play the odd defence splitting pass, thanks"

Scott Allan plays a good bit advanced of the other midfielders, he's expected to close folk down but the primary job in our team for him isn't to win the ball back as he's not very good at it.

The great shame for Mallan is that he has been played so often for Hibs in a position that requires him to win the ball and when he doesn't manage it he gets grief. Mallan is no more capable of winning the ball back than Derek Riordan or Mickey Weir and nobody would expect either of those players to play defensive midfield.

Since he's played so badly in that position so often, many folk have made their minds up that he simply isn't a good player. That's not true, he just needs to be played in the correct position and with the right players around him. Also unfortunately for Mallan, Scott Allan also plays that position and is generally better than him at it.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Aye because I’m sure that’s the chat in the changing room before the game. Everyone has a role to play, some involve scoring goals others involve stopping goals and the rest somewhere in between. Clearly in your mind everyone hates Mallan because he loses the odd 50/50.

Shrekko
08-03-2020, 08:14 PM
Scott Allan plays a good bit advanced of the other midfielders, he's expected to close folk down but the primary job in our team for him isn't to win the ball back as he's not very good at it.

The great shame for Mallan is that he has been played so often for Hibs in a position that requires him to win the ball and when he doesn't manage it he gets grief. Mallan is no more capable of winning the ball back than Derek Riordan or Mickey Weir and nobody would expect either of those players to play defensive midfield.

Since he's played so badly in that position so often, many folk have made their minds up that he simply isn't a good player. That's not true, he just needs to be played in the correct position and with the right players around him. Also unfortunately for Mallan, Scott Allan also plays that position and is generally better than him at it.

A bit of balance at last.

Mallan’s face just doesn’t fit either though- hence the outrageous generalisations made about him. Even last season - 13 goals and 12/13 assists in a more advanced role and some weren’t happy.

I’m on the fence with him or Allan- I like them both and on top form Scotty is different class in that position. When he’s off his game though he can really be a passenger. Mallan - I always think that moment of magic is there no matter what’s happening. What I do know is that it’s better for Hibs when both are available- can’t understand anyone who says otherwise. I actually have no idea what Mallan has done to deserve the outright vitriol that comes his way.

Centre Hawf
08-03-2020, 08:17 PM
**** off, is that the best response you’ve got? Pathetic.

Seem's to be a few angry folk out tonight that can't bare anyone not rating Stevie Mallan. I'm sure when he lets his man run off him for the 5th time in a game it'll be someone else's fault.

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 08:22 PM
Aye because I’m sure that’s the chat in the changing room before the game. Everyone has a role to play, some involve scoring goals others involve stopping goals and the rest somewhere in between. Clearly in your mind everyone hates Mallan because he loses the odd 50/50.

Is it that clear? Don't think you've actually read my posts have you? I've never commented on Mallan's 50/50 challenge record, I was giving my point of view on your suggestion that certain players (you mentioned Mallan and 'playmakers') should be given dispensation to avoid 50/50 challenges. This ranks right up there with some of the daftest comments i've read on here. But anyway, you mis-quote me all you like if it helps you feel better.

PISTOL1875
08-03-2020, 09:16 PM

Firstly he plays in the middle of the park so there's a lot of that going to be happening in and around there and secondly because it is his job to go in there if he is ever needed to do so...............

You are the clueless one mate.....

Onceinawhile
08-03-2020, 10:24 PM
Meh.

Frankhfc
08-03-2020, 10:44 PM
]How many 50/50 challenges does Scott Allan win[/B]? We have a team with different qualities, I’m not expecting my playmaker to also steam in and be a ball winner. But wow you obviously do.

Scotty's a playmaker who puts the likes of Big Doidge through on goal with sublime passes that split the opposition defence wide open. He did it again yesterday. A great player capable of moments of magic.

SkintHibby
08-03-2020, 11:57 PM
Mallan is an average player in a whole midfield of average (or below average) players.:agree:

BILLYHIBS
09-03-2020, 05:01 AM
In my experience of watching HIBS any player that shirks bottles a tackle the crowd very quickly lets them know it is unacceptable regardless of how skilful they are

If it happens once it very rarely happens a second time