PDA

View Full Version : Second yellow

Greenbeard
08-03-2020, 08:36 AM
Whittaker may have lost a yard but just seen the highlights (viewed from behind the goals) and he gets there comfortably ahead of the Sheep player who just takes the opportunity to fall over Whittaker's extended leg and con Beaton. Whittaker has to go in at speed to win the ball but no way does he endanger the player. What's he meant to do? Let the Sheep boy get there first just in case he hurts him?
Unlike Sparky this one is def worth an appeal by Hibs.

duffers
08-03-2020, 08:44 AM
Not seen it myself yet, but can’t appeal a booking for a tackle.....

Sir David Gray
08-03-2020, 08:50 AM
Whittaker may have lost a yard but just seen the highlights (viewed from behind the goals) and he gets there comfortably ahead of the Sheep player who just takes the opportunity to fall over Whittaker's extended leg and con Beaton. Whittaker has to go in at speed to win the ball but no way does he endanger the player. What's he meant to do? Let the Sheep boy get there first just in case he hurts him?

We can't appeal.

EVENTUALLY
08-03-2020, 09:49 AM

Neither challenge were worthy of yellow cards. Shocking decision by Beaton and as for McInnes saying it was a deserved red was a disgrace considering the force exerted by his team in general and Ferguson in particular is recognised throughout the country as par for the course for Aberdeen.

staunchhibby
08-03-2020, 09:52 AM
After watching the incident a few times I am certain Whittaker got the ball first and Ferguson made a meal of it.

lyonhibs
08-03-2020, 09:55 AM
A foolish, foolish tackle to go for when on a yellow IMO. From an over exuberant young player looking to impress you'd maybe expect it but Whittaker should know when to go to ground and when not to

green day
08-03-2020, 09:59 AM
Saw it at on Red TV, definite yellow, and he caught Ferguson for sure- Whitty got up and walked immediately, no complaints from him which tells its own story.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 10:16 AM
Saw it at on Red TV, definite yellow, and he caught Ferguson for sure- Whitty got up and walked immediately, no complaints from him which tells its own story.

Not complaining means abolutely nothing though because it does nothing. Complaining is pointless.

Greenbeard
08-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Not seen it myself yet, but can’t appeal a booking for a tackle.....
Noted. With frustration.
Excuse my ignorance but does he get an automatic ban or is it just the totting up of yellows that counts? I suppose on the bright side he is being rotated anyway to save his legs so whatever suspension comes his way, whether immediate or down the road, that becomes one of his rest days. But hopefully not for a match when he would have been a sure starter.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Noted. With frustration.
Excuse my ignorance but does he get an automatic ban or is it just the totting up of yellows that counts? I suppose on the bright side he is being rotated anyway to save his legs so whatever suspension comes his way, whether immediate or down the road, that becomes one of his rest days. But hopefully not for a match when he would have been a sure starter.

He'll automatically be banned for one game because he was sent off. Depending on his disciplinary record he may be banned for additional games but I don't think that will apply to Whittaker.

1 8 7 5
08-03-2020, 11:57 AM
Brother beaton is a cheat

Hibee Mac
08-03-2020, 12:18 PM
It's that boy Ferguson, he's a moany wee twat who's entire game plan is to con the ref with dives and or yellow cards.

In a way every good team needs a prick like that, he's like Shinnie 2.0

wookie70
08-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Both yellows look extremely harsh to me. Aberdeen usually have 2 or 3 players dishing those fouls out without the ref flashing cards. Scottish refs seem to need the fouled player to roll around to give yellows

Stokesy's on fire
08-03-2020, 01:07 PM
we should fight this one hard was never a second yellow

Sir David Gray
08-03-2020, 01:36 PM
we should fight this one hard was never a second yellow

We can fight it all we want, there's no grounds for an appeal.

Peevemor
08-03-2020, 01:41 PM
I watched the highlights this morning. I've seen plenty opposing team players who have already been booked getting away with challenges far worse that Whittaker's.

GordonHFC
08-03-2020, 01:48 PM
Whittaker was lucky not to have been booked before his first yellow. I know hindsight is a good thing but he should probably have been subbed at half time. Was kicking Ferguson all over the place.

Stokesy's on fire
08-03-2020, 02:08 PM
Whittaker was lucky not to have been booked before his first yellow. I know hindsight is a good thing but he should probably have been subbed at half time. Was kicking Ferguson all over the place.

good hope he does it again the next time we play them

Chorley Hibee
08-03-2020, 02:14 PM
We can fight it all we want, there's no grounds for an appeal.

Sevco appealed a yellow card for Morelos against Aberdeen last season.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Sevco appealed a yellow card for Morelos against Aberdeen last season.

They appealed a booking for diving which is allowed.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2020, 06:56 PM
It's that boy Ferguson, he's a moany wee twat who's entire game plan is to con the ref with dives and or yellow cards.

In a way every good team needs a prick like that, he's like Shinnie 2.0

He’s exactly the sort of player we should have tried to sign.[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
08-03-2020, 08:23 PM
We should be seriously looking to sign Cattermole he's the perfect signing for us

Geo_1875
09-03-2020, 06:31 PM
I watched the highlights this morning. I've seen plenty opposing team players who have already been booked getting away with challenges far worse that Whittaker's.

Hackit in the Derby springs to mind.

Frankhfc
09-03-2020, 06:52 PM
Hackit in the Derby springs to mind.

100% Correct!

Halkett's was worse in my opinion because it was a blatant deliberate tripping up of the Hibs player. His foot was about 14 inches up off the ground and it was an extremely easy second yellow card. Clancy shat it and kept his cards in his pocket.

Whittaker's was at least an attempt to play the ball and it looked at first glance as if he'd got a nick on it while his leg remained in contact with the turf. Whittaker in contrast to Halkett didn't raise his foot in order to deliberately trip the Dons player and if anyone deserved a little bit of leniency it was Whittaker as his appeared to be a genuine attempt to win the ball fairly enough. The Dons player clearly made the most of it and Beaton couldn't get his cards out quick enough to send off the Hibs player while Clancy failed to produce a second yellow for a Hearts player's deliberate high footed blatant trip.

Is it any wonder some fans think referees are at best incompetent at worst deliberately biased?

jacomo
09-03-2020, 07:35 PM
Neither challenge were worthy of yellow cards. Shocking decision by Beaton and as for McInnes saying it was a deserved red was a disgrace considering the force exerted by his team in general and Ferguson in particular is recognised throughout the country as par for the course for Aberdeen.

McInnes loves a grumble, never gives us any credit.

Stevie Reid
09-03-2020, 07:39 PM
Thought the second yellow was hard to argue with, I took issue with the first one - I thought it was harsh (unless SW had made numerous fouls before it).

It was a clumsy and mistimed jump, but was was just a shoulder to shoulder collision. Given some of the cynical and downright dirty treatment that Boyle gets weekly and often sees no booking, I hate **** like that getting punished and costing us.

He should know better for the second challenge, but it’s a bit of a joke to get sent off if it was just for those two.

Stokesy's on fire
09-03-2020, 07:42 PM
McInnes loves a grumble, never gives us any credit.

No shock considering he is a hun...his post match comments made me cringe.

weecounty hibby
09-03-2020, 08:19 PM
Based on the highlights that I've just watched for the first time the second is probably a booking but the first is a joke. When you consider the punishment Boyle and Allan get weekly that doesn't merit a booking then a shoulder to shoulder slightly mistimed challenge is a disgrace of a booking. Not sure if he had given away a number of freekicks before but that's never a booking

JimBHibees
09-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Based on the highlights that I've just watched for the first time the second is probably a booking but the first is a joke. When you consider the punishment Boyle and Allan get weekly that doesn't merit a booking then a shoulder to shoulder slightly mistimed challenge is a disgrace of a booking. Not sure if he had given away a number of freekicks before but that's never a booking

Apparently he had committed a few fouls before it but even so that was a shocker to get a booking for that. It is annoying when you consider some of the constant fouling Beaton has ignored against us for other teams.

BILLYHIBS
10-03-2020, 05:16 AM
Hard to watch that game without thinking there is an element of bias going on against us

The game was in the bag until the sending off

Aberdeen were keek and Dylan had the space to do what Dylan does

McWinless looked pleased with himself in the post match interview

Cheating bassas!

We move on to Saturday to what is now a big match for a top six place

Future17
10-03-2020, 05:26 AM
As Ross alluded to post-match, what is baffling is the lack of consistency. McGeouch and Ferguson both had fouls given against them for offences which are usually standard yellows; McGeouch for a high foot when he kicked the Hibs player in the lower back and Ferguson when he used both hands on both shoulders of a Hibs player in order to pull him back.

In fact, watching the full game back, it's difficult to understand how no Aberdeen player was booked at all.

CMurdoch
10-03-2020, 09:11 PM
A foolish, foolish tackle to go for when on a yellow IMO. From an over exuberant young player looking to impress you'd maybe expect it but Whittaker should know when to go to ground and when not to

That covers it.
Scott Allan needlessly handling the ball in the box against Hearts and Whittaker making a poor error of judgement when on a yellow at Aberdeen. Both were the catalyst for the defeats which followed.
Embarrassing for an old pro like Whittaker to be schooled in game management by young Ferguson.