PDA

View Full Version : maybe its just me

davym7062
08-03-2020, 07:47 AM
whitty made a daft tackle to get the red but if hanlon hadn't tried to make a maldini like run past the dons midfield then lost the ball it wouldn't have happened. he could easily have passed it and stayed in his position

Ozyhibby
08-03-2020, 07:55 AM
whitty made a daft tackle to get the red but if hanlon hadn't tried to make a maldini like run past the dons midfield then lost the ball it wouldn't have happened. he could easily have passed it and stayed in his position

And the midfield could and should have fell into position to cover as soon as he made his run. Whittaker’s red card is on him, nobody else. Thankfully he will be gone in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
08-03-2020, 08:07 AM

Aye it’s all Hanlons fault.

CMac1988
08-03-2020, 08:16 AM
Hanlon has the ability to go past one or two players... Unfortunately he usually runs himself in to traffic and/or struggles to find the right pass once he does so. Sometimes it's his poor ball out which is to blame, other times static players who can't be arsed moving in to space to retrieve the ball from him.

Regardless as Ozzy says when this happens you need some one to drip in and cover. Our team struggle at basic tasks such as this but Whittaker was the next player in line to deal with this. He failed miserably because he's simply too slow and his best chance at getting the ball is to lunge in where he more often than not catches his man. This isn't Hanlon's fault. He played a part in losing the ball but he didn't get Whittaker sent off. Only Whittaker did that.

Pretty Boy
08-03-2020, 08:16 AM
Part of the problem is the system we plays relies on defender doing that kind of thing during games.

Of course you hope you can trust your experienced pros to manage a game better but even with 11 men that kind of movement is going to leave us exposed.

One of the noticeable traits of Hibs under Stubbs and Lennon was that, generally speaking, every player looked like they knew what they were doing. When a move broke down midfielders shuffled across, strikers tucked in and so on. I'm not sure that is the case now. Part of it is trying to find a system that works with such an unbalanced squad and part of it is we just don't have players who are as good now in terms of both ability and football intelligence.

IrnBru22
08-03-2020, 02:56 PM

I agree. I thought it at the game yesterday, had plenty time to pass the ball but dithered and got tackled.

No surprise that Underscore is one of the first replies on this thread defending Hanlon 😂

Iggy Pope
08-03-2020, 03:29 PM

Is it never to be Hanlons fault? Tiresome stuff.

BlackSheep
08-03-2020, 04:34 PM
As much as I have been a critic of Hanlon’s lately I wouldn’t agree with the OP, Hanlon’s surges forward in the past few games have been a breath of fresh air, when he go the ball atvthat time and took it passes the first Don I thought we were on to a good attack... these things happen.

Albanian Hibs
08-03-2020, 05:23 PM

🤣🤣🤣

Baldy Foghorn
08-03-2020, 05:29 PM
And the midfield could and should have fell into position to cover as soon as he made his run. Whittaker’s red card is on him, nobody else. Thankfully he will be gone in the summer.

Harsh

NC1875
08-03-2020, 05:35 PM

Bore off. You’re either a relation or some serious stalker of Hanlon. Embarrassing

SquashedFrogg
08-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Bore off. You’re either a relation or some serious stalker of Hanlon. Embarrassing

Strange post. The guy's allowed to defend a player just as much as people are allowed to criticise. Unless I've missed the new .net rules?

Telling someone to 'bore off' could be considered embarrassing tbf.

Baldy Foghorn
08-03-2020, 05:43 PM

Harsh

NC1875
08-03-2020, 05:47 PM
Strange post. The guy's allowed to defend a player just as much as people are allowed to criticise. Unless I've missed the new .net rules?

Telling someone to 'bore off' could be considered embarrassing tbf.

Have you seen the amount of posts regarding Hanlon ? He can do no wrong in underscores eyes. It’s getting boring and it’s not just me that’s noticed it.

Must’ve missed the bit in the Hibs.net rules about not telling people to bore off also. Apologies

bigwheel
08-03-2020, 05:50 PM
Have you seen the amount of posts regarding Hanlon ? He can do no wrong in underscores eyes. It’s getting boring and it’s not just me that’s noticed it.

He’s allowed a different opinion...he’s not been offensive....and has often added detail to substantiate his arguments ..so fair enough..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NC1875
08-03-2020, 05:54 PM
He’s allowed a different opinion...he’s not been offensive....and has often added detail to substantiate his arguments ..so fair enough..

He is allowed a different opinion, you’re right.

I’m also allowed to think it’s boring that he defends Hanlon no matter what. Hanlon has been part of a defence that has leaked goals all season, he’s not immune to criticism

SquashedFrogg
08-03-2020, 05:58 PM

Must’ve missed the bit in the Hibs.net rules about not telling people to bore off also. Apologies

I haven't really, no. But is there a limit on the number of posts someone can make about a player? Either defending, or criticising?

If you disagree with him then that's perfectly ok. It's allowed. But no need to be rude.

Brightside
08-03-2020, 06:46 PM
He is allowed a different opinion, you’re right.

I’m also allowed to think it’s boring that he defends Hanlon no matter what. Hanlon has been part of a defence that has leaked goals all season, he’s not immune to criticism

I think all your posts are boring and provide no value. But I’ll defend your right to make them.

superfurryhibby
08-03-2020, 06:50 PM
Sometimes players need to take a chance. Passing sideways all the time is tragically boring. I like to see attacking football, that's entertainment. Hanlon usually times his runs well. Taking on a man and finding space upsets all defensive strategies when it comes off. This time it never and it cost us.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Just watched it on sportscene. We had plenty of cover. No need to make the challenge.

hibeerealist
08-03-2020, 07:26 PM
I
Hanlon has the ability to go past one or two players... Unfortunately he usually runs himself in to traffic and/or struggles to find the right pass once he does so. Sometimes it's his poor ball out which is to blame, other times static players who can't be arsed moving in to space to retrieve the ball from him.

Regardless as Ozzy says when this happens you need some one to drip in and cover. Our team struggle at basic tasks such as this but Whittaker was the next player in line to deal with this. He failed miserably because he's simply too slow and his best chance at getting the ball is to lunge in where he more often than not catches his man. This isn't Hanlon's fault. He played a part in losing the ball but he didn't get Whittaker sent off. Only Whittaker did that.

Unfair on Whitty, Hanlon should have passed to the left or long NOT run into two Dons midfielders - Hanlon the culprit for me all day long and he has some list of responsibility for goals lost in Numerous games this season.

ancient hibee
08-03-2020, 10:14 PM
Perhaps Whittaker just doesn’t like Ferguson’s dad and uncle so decided to give him a hard time.

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 10:17 PM
Perhaps Whittaker just doesn’t like Ferguson’s dad and uncle so decided to give him a hard time.

Why would he not like his former teammate? And the other one a idol growing up a hearts fan?

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 10:20 PM

There’s others, (I won’t name names) that are getting hounded upon and I don’t see the “he’s entitled to his opinion” card being played there when they are playing the man not the ball also.

Everyone is allowed their opinion without aggro’ not just posters who some share an opinion with.

ancient hibee
08-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Why would he not like his former teammate? And the other one a idol growing up a hearts fan?

Because he left Rangers.

Frankhfc
08-03-2020, 10:30 PM
The biggest issue for me regarding Whittaker's second yellow card tackle is that it was no worse than Halkett's who was treated with leniency by Clancy who decided not to show a second yellow to the Hearts player yet Beaton in stark contrast readily sent Whittaker off. Where's the consistency, why was Halkett treated differently from Whittaker? Hope to goodness we get a fair ref for the semi final.

Onceinawhile
08-03-2020, 10:32 PM
The biggest issue for me regarding Whittaker's second yellow card tackle is that it was no worse than Halkett's who was treated with leniency by Clancy who decided not to show a second yellow to the Hearts player yet Beaton in stark contrast readily sent Whittaker off. Where's the consistency, why was Halkett treated differently from Whittaker? Hope to goodness we get a fair ref for the semi final.

It's a Derby and it was on tv so referees don't want to 'ruin the game'

Frankhfc
08-03-2020, 10:35 PM
It's a Derby and it was on tv so referees don't want to 'ruin the game'

Nah. Total nonsense.

Haymaker
09-03-2020, 02:57 AM
part of it is we just don't have players who are as good now in terms of both ability and football intelligence.

This.

Tyler Durden
09-03-2020, 07:34 AM
It was bad decision making from both Hanlon and Whittaker. They should both know better.

Hanlon unfortunately seems to have learned nothing from 10 years of experience. He still regularly makes mistakes that you’d expect from a 20 year old. He doesn’t get anything from referees, he is still getting bullied from average centre forwards. The amount of goals he’s played a part in conceding from set pieces in recent months is criminal. He’s regressed big time.

Brightside
09-03-2020, 07:58 AM
It was bad decision making from both Hanlon and Whittaker. They should both know better.

Hanlon unfortunately seems to have learned nothing from 10 years of experience. He still regularly makes mistakes that you’d expect from a 20 year old. He doesn’t get anything from referees, he is still getting bullied from average centre forwards. The amount of goals he’s played a part in conceding from set pieces in recent months is criminal. He’s regressed big time.

My last post on the subject before I head off to Cheltenham for the week. (Everyone will be glad to know!) This is nonsense. Every single point made is wrong. It may be your opinion but its tainted by something. Instead of just over reacting to every single mistake Hanlon may make in a game - look at his performance over the whole game, and then compare that to all the other CHs in this country. He will compare quite favourably. This is why he hasn't been replaced in the last 10 years. Plain and simple facts. If he was the player so many on this forum think he is he simply wouldn't be playing for us and he 100% wouldn't be captain. Good day.

hibbymac
09-03-2020, 08:29 AM
........ and if henderson took a short corner :rolleyes:

The Wireless
09-03-2020, 08:43 AM

And if everything came off in football nobody would go and watch it as there would be no mistakes.