PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea FC

Greenworld
08-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Interesting to read that Chelsea are in talks to take over a Scottish football club as a base for many of its loan players . The club would retain its identity and several scottish players . Could this be the Ron Gordon masterplan .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11122324/chelsea-buy-scottish-club-fifa-rule-young-players/

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Leith Green
08-03-2020, 07:15 AM
Kilmarnock would be my stab in the dark.. Links with Steve Clark

Pretty Boy
08-03-2020, 07:42 AM
I'm sure there was rumours about a Hibs and Chelsea link up years ago. Maybe around Mowbrays time.

Considering the report says they want to buy a club I can't see it being us. The owner set out his long term vision less than 2 weeks ago, I can't imagine he would have done that if there was a possibility he was about to sell the club.

Since452
08-03-2020, 08:23 AM
A whole team of Chelsea teenagers would be relegated from the Premiership. More arrogance from down south.

neil7908
08-03-2020, 08:38 AM
Hope it isn't us. A decent football authority would stop this but of course the SPFL will be delighted.

ScottB
08-03-2020, 08:45 AM
Presumably needs to be a club with decent facilities unless they fancy building them...

hibsbollah
08-03-2020, 08:50 AM
They're just following the Man City model. There's going to be a major conflict of interest issue at some point, we've already had the Red Bull Derby in the Europa League. UEFA need to do something if FIFA won't.

CockneyRebel
08-03-2020, 08:53 AM
A whole team of Chelsea teenagers would be relegated from the Premiership. More arrogance from down south.

You are making it up as you go along.

Since452
08-03-2020, 08:58 AM
You are making it up as you go along.

Making what up exactly?

"Chelsea could therefore send a whole team of teenagers — coached by their own staff — and play them at a senior level, either in the Scottish *Premiership or Championship"

Do you not think they'd struggle badly against good senior pros?

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 09:01 AM

I’m pretty sure they would be able to afford pretty decent Scottish players to have in their squad too.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Livingston would be my guess.

calumhibee1
08-03-2020, 09:17 AM

Yup. They’d get ****ing destroyed. They’d struggle in the Championship even.

Since452
08-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Yup. They’d get ****ing destroyed. They’d struggle in the Championship even.

Exactly. Did our reserves not just put 7 or 8 past Huddersfield youths?

Ozyhibby
08-03-2020, 09:22 AM
Might be why the yams are trying to change FOH rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMac1988
08-03-2020, 09:25 AM
**** them. SPFL shouldn't allow it. Especially in the top 2 divisions. Mockery.

Smartie
08-03-2020, 09:27 AM

Don't they already have special relationships with Liverpool and Man City?

Billy Whizz
08-03-2020, 09:29 AM
Aren’t UEFA trying to introduce a rule, where you will only be able to have 5 players out on loan at the same time?

Juniper Greens
08-03-2020, 09:32 AM
Livi, Hamilton or Falkirk would seem like obvious candidates

CMac1988
08-03-2020, 09:33 AM
Aren’t UEFA trying to introduce a rule, where you will only be able to have 5 players out on loan at the same time?

Yup and this is Chelsea's answer to it. Buy a majority stake in another club and then sell your players to said club with the option to buy the player back first at the same/similar price. Send coaches to run and manage the club etc too some extent. Should be stopped straight away.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-03-2020, 09:40 AM
They would be better starting a club from scratch.

Smartie
08-03-2020, 09:42 AM
ChelsEast Fife.

DH1875
08-03-2020, 09:44 AM
Remember when we signed the arsenal u21 captain. What a dud he turned out to be.
Hope they do send a team up, they'll get beat most weeks and show the English media we aren't as big a joke as they like to make out.

OtleyHibs
08-03-2020, 10:06 AM
ChelsEast Fife.

😂Well played

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2020, 10:15 AM

Or a reasonably new club like The Rangers

Greenworld
08-03-2020, 11:06 AM
Exactly. Did our reserves not just put 7 or 8 past Huddersfield youths?
A whole team of Chelsea teenagers would be relegated from the Premiership. More arrogance from down south.Wouldn't be a whole team of reserves it would be a mix of experienced scottish players and players out on loan not all are kids.
I think it will be a team with first class facilities can't see it being Hibs but who knows ...
Let's face it Ron could sell up for 10 million and make a sharp exit

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 11:50 AM

Just buy the huns. It makes little difference in the grand scheme of things.

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2020, 12:00 PM
i would forever despise any scottish club that took the EPL penny

we have sevco, they're as close to a chelsea you can get up here, off the field anyway

ScottB
08-03-2020, 12:26 PM
Chelsea have an army of players out on loan throughout leagues that are a better standard than ours. If they sent them all here it’s not going to be a bunch of 15 year olds. Could see them being a decent side, I mean, much of the side doing well for Chelsea this year where all out on loan last year, and may well would have been this year if it wasn’t for their transfer ban.

heidtheba
08-03-2020, 12:39 PM
I'd personally not be too fussed about that. I'd imagine that a financial agreement might involve a whole pile of 'youngsters must play x y z number of games' and that's not great. A club could get access to some amazing talent, or they could get 11 x Islam Feruz...
Hmm...

jacomo
08-03-2020, 01:13 PM

How to make the Yams even more obnoxious - Chelsea supporters fond of the odd ‘party song’ or two.

The Captain....
08-03-2020, 01:58 PM
I despise Chelsea..so I hope we have nothing to do with any tie up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

CloudSquall
08-03-2020, 02:20 PM
Depends on the make up of the team but if they put out 11 players from their academy the rough and tumble of the Championship would be some culture shock.

Getting crunched by a part time brickie and then elbowed across the face by a labourer for 90 minutes on a cold wet and windy Wednesday evening at Alloa, worlds away from the bright lights of London:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2020, 02:23 PM
I despise Chelsea..so I hope we have nothing to do with any tie up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I like what Chelsea have done this season so far, admittedly enforced due to their transfer ban but it has enabled fringe players to become regulars and they are playing some decent stuff.

CockneyRebel
08-03-2020, 02:32 PM
Making what up exactly?

"Chelsea could therefore send a whole team of teenagers — coached by their own staff — and play them at a senior level, either in the Scottish *Premiership or Championship"

Do you not think they'd struggle badly against good senior pros?

You said it it like it was a done deal when it's really only stretching the possibilities to the extreme. Do you not think there is enough coaching ability at Chelsea to approach something like this in a realistic and beneficial manner? Having said that, this is something I would not like to see - patronising and no gain anywhere for Scottish football.

HoboHarry
08-03-2020, 02:45 PM
I like what Chelsea have done this season so far, admittedly enforced due to their transfer ban but it has enabled fringe players to become regulars and they are playing some decent stuff.
I think they will evolve under Lampard and I think there may be exciting times ahead for Chelsea fans.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2020, 02:46 PM
I think they will evolve under Lampard and I think there may be exciting times ahead for Chelsea fans.

Gilmore looks like the real deal. Good for Scotland.[emoji106]

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Chelsea have an army of players out on loan throughout leagues that are a better standard than ours. If they sent them all here it’s not going to be a bunch of 15 year olds. Could see them being a decent side, I mean, much of the side doing well for Chelsea this year where all out on loan last year, and may well would have been this year if it wasn’t for their transfer ban.
I doubt the players that are looked upon as being ready to move into the first team would be the players playing for their Scottish team, it would be the level below that. They would then look to loan them to championship teams down south.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Wonder if it may be St Johnstone. Jody Morris is still well thought of there and is now well in with Lampard.

EI255
08-03-2020, 07:28 PM
I'm sure there was rumours about a Hibs and Chelsea link up years ago. Maybe around Mowbrays time.

Considering the report says they want to buy a club I can't see it being us. The owner set out his long term vision less than 2 weeks ago, I can't imagine he would have done that if there was a possibility he was about to sell the club.Indeed there was.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 07:48 PM
If they're anything like Islam Feruz they can pass🙈

ScottB
08-03-2020, 09:29 PM
I doubt the players that are looked upon as being ready to move into the first team would be the players playing for their Scottish team, it would be the level below that. They would then look to loan them to championship teams down south.

The new loan rules coming is going to prevent sending out more than a handful, they’ve current got dozens on loan across the Championship and European leagues, so while I’m sure they might send the best prospects to a higher level, they couldn’t do that with them all. I guess they could send some to their Scottish side then have them loaned on from there...

ancient hibee
08-03-2020, 10:18 PM
Edinburgh City.

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Edinburgh City.

They may have to replaced their social club in that case.

ancient hibee
08-03-2020, 10:23 PM

They could take over the Doo’cot,a bit nearer their present ground.They do a terrific dry martini.

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2020, 05:32 AM

Not really as it is an entirely seperate entity to the football club and not financially linked. A few Chelsea pensioners could join if they wanted to though 😁

Since452
09-03-2020, 06:52 AM
Hope any prospective club tells them to bolt. They can **** about with teams in their own leagues and leave ours alone.

PatHead
09-03-2020, 07:15 AM
Could it be Hearts? Budgie looking to get out. Just changed the rules for a lower agreement from FoH. Not sure if they will be a Premiership or Championship club.Fans who have no morals and would take success in any circumstances ....

Keith_M
09-03-2020, 07:35 AM
Budgie looking to get out. Just changed the rules for a lower agreement from FoH...

Hadn't heard abour that.

What was the change?

The 90+2
09-03-2020, 07:50 AM
Not really as it is an entirely seperate entity to the football club and not financially linked. A few Chelsea pensioners could join if they wanted to though 😁

All true tbh 😁

franck sauzee
09-03-2020, 08:33 AM
Wonder if it may be St Johnstone. Jody Morris is still well thought of there and is now well in with Lampard.

Good shout. Maybe why the owner has been making a lot of noise lately