PDA

View Full Version : Bogdan

Zazu62
07-03-2020, 09:48 PM
Time for him to get a run in the team

DavidDavidGray
07-03-2020, 09:54 PM
It’s been time for a new keeper for months now, genuinely baffled Marciano wasn’t dropped the second Bogdan signed.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2020, 10:08 PM
The only explanation I can think of is that Bogdan simply isn't performing in training.

I'm of the opinion Marciano is a big part of our defensive problems. He exudes an air of indecisiveness that spreads as a nervousness throughout the defence. His kicking is evidently poor but his decision making when it comes to distribution is also an issue. He quite often passes the ball to players under pressure, that's fine when you have players who can deal with that. We currently don't, so pick another option. He is hesitant when it comes to taking control of a situation and, whilst I don't subscribe to the nonsense 'everything in the 6 yards box is the keepers' theory, he comes for almost nothing. When he does it's often a flappy punch. That ability to control his area is a major positive in Bogdans favour. Finally we all know he can make stunning saves but he's also lost a few goals this season he will very likely be disappointed with.

It's the one position we really seem to have a bit of strength in depth in so I'm hoping we are at least considering changing it up.

The 90+2
07-03-2020, 10:29 PM
Why give him a contract and not start him? He’s a better goalie than Marciano.

Jonnyboy
07-03-2020, 10:41 PM
Get him in now. Rocky is a liability. No doubt he'll produce a masterclass for Israel against Scotland though :greengrin

Shrekko
07-03-2020, 10:50 PM
Can’t deny Rocky has 10-12 really great games when he came back in last season and makes great camera saves but I’ve never got the OTT hype about him. I’m on edge anytime a team has a corner or any time the ball goes back to him on the ground. That 2nd goal today doesn’t go down as a goalie gaffe but he was absolutely pathetic at that corner as he quite often is. For a big guy he’s soft beyond belief.

Bogdan is an all rounder and I think the best goalie we’ve had for a long time. I reckon he could really help settle the defence and I’ll be sorely disappointed if he’s not picked on Saturday.

Wembley67
07-03-2020, 10:51 PM
Wife is hot. Keep him in.

cabbageandribs1875
07-03-2020, 11:05 PM

exceedingly hot

wookie70
07-03-2020, 11:17 PM
The only explanation I can think of is that Bogdan simply isn't performing in training.

I'm of the opinion Marciano is a big part of our defensive problems. He exudes an air of indecisiveness that spreads as a nervousness throughout the defence. His kicking is evidently poor but his decision making when it comes to distribution is also an issue. He quite often passes the ball to players under pressure, that's fine when you have players who can deal with that. We currently don't, so pick another option. He is hesitant when it comes to taking control of a situation and, whilst I don't subscribe to the nonsense 'everything in the 6 yards box is the keepers' theory, he comes for almost nothing. When he does it's often a flappy punch. That ability to control his area is a major positive in Bogdans favour. Finally we all know he can make stunning saves but he's also lost a few goals this season he will very likely be disappointed with.

It's the one position we really seem to have a bit of strength in depth in so I'm hoping we are at least considering changing it up.

I agree with all of that. Rocky is part of the problem in defense. I'd also add that he seems quiet as a mouse and doesn't communicate to his list of frailties.

Unseen work
07-03-2020, 11:21 PM
I think the main thing with Marciano is he doesn’t inspire confidence in the defence.

We seem much better organised with Maxwell and Bogdan albeit Rocky makes some great saves.

But not coming for crosses, distribution and he has always had some howlers this season.

Bogdan must be pushing and upto speed now. Big risk swapping keepers at this point though

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 05:28 AM
Not Rockys biggest fan never have been but watched Bogdan in the Reserve Cup Semi Final where he lost four and did not look too funky either granted Celtic had a few first team players but still no excuse

A problem position that imho we need to address

Once again all the other teams in our league with a lesser budget seem to unearth decent goalkeepers and players :confused:

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 06:22 AM
I think the main thing with Marciano is he doesn’t inspire confidence in the defence.

We seem much better organised with Maxwell and Bogdan albeit Rocky makes some great saves.

But not coming for crosses, distribution and he has always had some howlers this season.

Bogdan must be pushing and upto speed now. Big risk swapping keepers at this point though

Maxwell played and kept a clean sheet yesterday in the Lancashire Derby
Joey Barton’s Fleetwood 0 v 0 Blackpool

Liked Maxwell but every direct shot on target seemed to go in ???

Since452
08-03-2020, 06:54 AM
Marciano is way overrated by some. Dropped for Maxwell this season and dropped for Bogdan last season and quite frankly needs dropped again and emptied in the summer. He's back to costing us silly goals. We need a goalkeeper who is going to be consistent throughout a season.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 07:14 AM
Not Rockys biggest fan never have been but watched Bogdan in the Reserve Cup Semi Final where he lost four and did not look too funky either granted Celtic had a few first team players but still no excuse

A problem position that imho we need to address

Once again all the other teams in our league with a lesser budget seem to unearth decent goalkeepers and players :confused:

Who actually has better goalies than us? You don't want them every week so you don't see the mistakes they make. On their day our 2 as are good as anything in the league.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 07:15 AM
Marciano is way overrated by some. Dropped for Maxwell this season and dropped for Bogdan last season and quite frankly needs dropped again and emptied in the summer. He's back to costing us silly goals. We need a goalkeeper who is going to be consistent throughout a season.
He was not dropped for Bogdan last season, he was injured both times Bogdan got a run

Tully
08-03-2020, 07:24 AM
Said it yesterday 2nd goal rockys fault having saw it again on tv he was definitely at fault, throws his body on it he will save and probably get a foul

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 07:30 AM
Who actually has better goalies than us? You don't want them every week so you don't see the mistakes they make. On their day our 2 as are good as anything in the league.

Rocky costs us a goal a game

He is not really very good tbh

Lewis, Forster Hladky. Southwood Branescu Gillespie and McCrorie for starters

At least they put their boots on the correct feet

Oh and stop with the pathetic dives for the cameras

Just imho do not expect everyone to agree I of course respect yours

Callum_62
08-03-2020, 07:52 AM

Just imho do not expect everyone to agree I of course respect yoursLol, no chance they are all better than rocky

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 07:53 AM
Lol, no chance they are all better than rocky

OK

roll eyes

1875M
This kind of thread appears whenever we have 2/3 bad results in a row. We say how he isn’t the best at the club, how Bogdan is better. We then go onto a good run of results with Marciano making key saves (eg Motherwell away), and people start saying how he’s the best in the league. Repeat. Make your mind up man. For me, I prefer Marciano but I understand the Bogdan argument.

DTS
Marciano puts us under all sorts of pressure with his distribution, he doesn’t make as many saves as he has in the past and never comes from crosses and when he does he reminds us why he doesn’t. He cost us two goals again today and it is becoming a weekly thing, 3rd goal today should be a basic save and the 2nd goal is laughable.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 08:10 AM

A goal a game :faf:

That's not an opinion, that is slabbers.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 08:14 AM
A goal a game :faf:

That's not an opinion, that is slabbers.
Yeah I could go on and give examples to back up my argument plenty on here have already but this is a discussion we have had for the past three years iirc so with all due respect I will pass

Just you continue thinking he is a fantastic keeper

I have not even looked at yesterday’s horror show 😁

Callum_62
08-03-2020, 08:15 AM
Yeah I could go on and give examples to back up my argument plenty on here have already but this is a discussion we have had for the past three years iirc so with all due respect I will pass

Just you continue thinking he is a fantastic keeperWhat goal was his fault at the recent Derby?

OstKurve Hibs
08-03-2020, 08:20 AM
Rocky is dodgy and you can see from a mile away the defence dont trust him, they'de rather put the ball out for a throw in than pass it back to him even when he has plenty of time, he ditters like #uck when he has th ball at his feet, needs to take 3 dodgy touches before he decides to boot it out the park and gets closed down in doing so,
He should be dropped, and if the managers not gonna do it or for some reason, doesn't see what we see then the players should be having a word (captains job) and telling him they have no confidence in him, its detrimental to the team.
But hes a small part of a big problem because the defence in front of him has issues of it own and gets no protection from the midfield !

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 08:23 AM
What goal was his fault at the recent Derby?

Was waiting on that one tbh

In fairness a brilliant save from Halkett first half

Almost got to the penalty unlucky

The goal from the number 7 he seemed to fluke it mi**** it the ball seemed to spend a long time in the air I felt Rocky had time to judge the flight of the ball and readjust his feet but seemed to dive too soon

Third took a lucky deflection and through a defenders legs unsighted but once again almost got there

I if am being honest you cannot really blame him directly for any a bad day at the office all round

Kicking was his usual terrible standard

hibsmad
08-03-2020, 08:31 AM

What about the games where we don't concede a goal?

I'm not a huge fan and think Bogdan is a better keeper. However saying he costs us a goal a game is just not true.

Keith_M
08-03-2020, 08:34 AM
Why give him a contract and not start him? He’s a better goalie than Marciano.

That's the part I don't understand either.

He was widely regarded as being the best GK, and our long term No1 for that role. Rocky is supposed to be looking to move elsewhere (which is perfectly fair).

Doesn't make sense.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 08:37 AM
What about the games where we don't concede a goal?

I'm not a huge fan and think Bogdan is a better keeper. However saying he costs us a goal a game is just not true.
Good point

Ross County Motherwell Hearts Aberdeen and St Mirren

Well done Rocky

I am sorry but like our defence I just don’t trust him

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 08:39 AM

You'd have to find 115 examples to back it up because that would equal a goal a game. Good luck, should be finished by next weekend.

makaveli1875
08-03-2020, 08:43 AM
This kind of thread appears whenever we have 2/3 bad results in a row. We say how he isn’t the best at the club, how Bogdan is better. We then go onto a good run of results with Marciano making key saves (eg Motherwell away), and people start saying how he’s the best in the league. Repeat. Make your mind up man. For me, I prefer Marciano but I understand the Bogdan argument.

Basically whichever keeper is currently on the bench is best by miles

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 08:45 AM
You'd have to find 115 examples to back it up because that would equal a goal a game. Good luck, should be finished by next weekend.
:greengrin

Remember you are speaking to the poster that said he would not go back as long as Rocky is between the sticks I was that frustrated with him

That was months ago and he is still first pick

We now have another poster on another thread who said he is not going back as long as that defence is in situ

Thats what makes dotnet so good it is all about opinions eh!

Not really looking to fall out with anyone over it just my opinion not asking you to agree

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 08:58 AM
:greengrin

Remember you are speaking to the poster that said he would not go back as long as Rocky is between the sticks I was that frustrated with him

That was months ago and he is still first pick

We now have another poster on another thread who said he is not going back as long as that defence is in situ

Thats what makes dotnet so good it is all about opinions eh!

Not really looking to fall out with anyone over it just my opinion not asking you to agree

Nothing to agree or disagree with. A goal a game is rubbish, Not true. Even a goal every 4 games isn't true.

He is a decent goalie who makes mistakes. On his day he is absolutely exceptional. He is easily saved us more than he has cost us.

pacoluna
08-03-2020, 09:07 AM

His save against ICT was worth 3 goals, unreal.

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 09:09 AM
I can't remember a time where our defence has so consistantly lost more than 1 goal a game, nevermind keeping clean sheets. Questions need to be asked of (a) the whole back line (b) team tactics/formations and (c) the goalkeeper.

I have zero confidence that any cross balls will be defended effectively by our current defensive unit and a large part of that, I feel, is down to Rockys inability to command many of these situations. He seems incapable, of lacks the confidence, to come for any crosses unless they are landing on his head! Not denying he can be a good shot stopper but surely that is a given these days for a top flight goalkeeper. We need more than that and I hope we move him on in the summer for whatever fee we can get.

MrRobot
08-03-2020, 09:09 AM
need to give him a chance now.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 09:10 AM
Nothing to agree or disagree with. A goal a game is rubbish, Not true. Even a goal every 4 games isn't true.

He is a decent goalie who makes mistakes. On his day he is absolutely exceptional. He is easily saved us more than he has cost us.
Played 24 lost 37 is not exceptional

Just you carry on thinking he is fantastic

Maybes now I have pointed it out to you you will start to notice it more

Just saying likes! :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Played 24 lost 37 is not exceptional

Just you carry on thinking he is fantastic

Maybes now I have pointed it out to you you will start to notice it more

Just saying likes! :greengrin

Still waiting for this goal a game Billy. Come on now.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 09:11 AM
His save against ICT was worth 3 goals, unreal.
:agree:

Always capable of the brilliant reaction save

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 09:24 AM
Still waiting for this goal a game Billy. Come on now.

Just off the top of my head loads he might have done better with in recent memory Ibrox BSC ICT Livvy and St Mirren in his defence the defence also culpable

Just you carry on thinking he is fantastic :greengrin

Just looked at yesterday’s goals

Oh dear!

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 10:09 AM
Just off the top of my head loads he might have done better with in recent memory Ibrox BSC ICT Livvy and St Mirren in his defence the defence also culpable

Just you carry on thinking he is fantastic :greengrin

Just looked at yesterday’s goals

Oh dear!

Only 110 more to go Billy

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Only 110 more to go Billy
yawn!

let me see Rangers f##k up when he booted the ball off a Rangers player

Morelos near post at ER Merry f##king Christmas

Christie at Hampden versus the Sheep once again near post

St Johnstone away came running out like a mad man sent off

St Johnstone home came running out like a mad man lucky no to be sent off

St Johnstone home beat at near post by OHalloran Ofir dives the other way

Livvy home dives out of the way of the ball

Killie away sells himself Killie player gets on his hands and knees heads the ball in

Hearts dives too soon doesn’t judge the flight of the ball sails over his head

Too many mistakes too little time

Deserves to be dropped

Now be a good boy and pop off now! :greengrin

H18S NX
08-03-2020, 10:24 AM
Bogdan's a better all rounder.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 10:36 AM
yawn!

let me see Rangers f##k up when he booted the ball off a Rangers player

Morelos near post at ER Merry f##king Christmas

Christie at Hampden versus the Sheep once again near post

St Johnstone away came running out like a mad man sent off

St Johnstone home came running out like a mad man lucky no to be sent off

St Johnstone home beat at near post by OHalloran Ofir dives the other way

Livvy home dives out of the way of the ball

Killie away sells himself Killie player gets on his hands and knees heads the ball in

Hearts dives too soon doesn’t judge the flight of the ball sails over his head

Too many mistakes too little time

Deserves to be dropped

Now be a good boy and pop off now! :greengrin
You're getting closer. About 1 every 12 or so games right now.

Some of those are a real strech but whatever, you (think) you know best :faf:

h1bs4life
08-03-2020, 10:39 AM
What's the story with Bogdan , was very surprised when came back considering he was reportedly on £20k a week at Liverpool.
Did no one want him in the summer and he is here for 6 months to keep his fitness up till the summer transfer winow opens.
Or has he made a fortune and likes Edinburgh / Hibs and he wants to settle down.
If it's the latter and he wants to settle down then would say its a no brainer get him signed on a four year deal and build from the back with him in goals.

superfurryhibby
08-03-2020, 10:40 AM
Bogdan must start. Rocky isn't looking the most confident. Change required and when you have that quality as an alternative you use it.

hibsbollah
08-03-2020, 10:41 AM
Obviously Billy is using a bit of hyperbole with the 'every game' stat but he is still correct; Rocky has a few glaring weaknesses in his game. Bogdan has pedigree and we've surely not signed him as a #2. As PB says the only explanation is that he's not impressed as much as they'd hoped in training.

Sudds_1
08-03-2020, 10:41 AM

If he's as soft as we sayshes wasted on him

Smartie
08-03-2020, 10:47 AM
I really liked Bogdan the last time he was here, but a lot has changed within a couple of years.

Of that team who got the record points total, a few are playing better than they were then (Boyle, McGinn?) a few are playing worse (Hanlon, Stevenson, McGregor, Kamberi, Ambrose?).

If we knew we'd be putting the same player in then we're approaching no brainer territory. Ross sees him every day in training and in reserve matches though, so I can only imagine he's failing to impress.

We lose a lot of goals where you ask the question "should the keeper have come for that?" and generally the answer is no, but it happens so often that there must really be something in it. The defence just doesn't look right and I find it hard to accept that there isn't any more to it than the players just not being good enough. A dependable keeper barking out orders and a bit of defensive cover and we wouldn't have players who have served us so well often looking all at sea.

superfurryhibby
08-03-2020, 10:50 AM
I really liked Bogdan the last time he was here, but a lot has changed within a couple of years.

Of that team who got the record points total, a few are playing better than they were then (Boyle, McGinn?) a few are playing worse (Hanlon, Stevenson, McGregor, Kamberi, Ambrose?).

If we knew we'd be putting the same player in then we're approaching no brainer territory. Ross sees him every day in training and in reserve matches though, so I can only imagine he's failing to impress.

We lose a lot of goals where you ask the question "should the keeper have come for that?" and generally the answer is no, but it happens so often that there must really be something in it. The defence just doesn't look right and I find it hard to accept that there isn't any more to it than the players just not being good enough. A dependable keeper barking out orders and a bit of defensive cover and we wouldn't have players who have served us so well often looking all at sea.

Ross saw him everyday at training before extending his contract? He must have impressed enough then.

Not sure what's going on. Misplaced loyalty to Rocky or maybe Bogdan hasn't been great, but if there is a time to give him a chance, it must surely be now.

hibsbollah
08-03-2020, 10:53 AM
Ross saw him everyday at training before extending his contract? He must have impressed enough then.

Not sure what's going on. Misplaced loyalty to Rocky or maybe Bogdan hasn't been great, but if there is a time to give him a chance, it must surely be now.

Strictly speaking Alan Combe will see them train most of the time. His opinion probably carries more weight than Ross although obviously Ross has the final say.

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 10:53 AM
Stood behind Rocky on the terracing at the BSC game, can't recall him directing the defence or barking orders once. Seems more interested in making run of the mill saves look spectacular.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 11:01 AM
You're getting closer. About 1 every 12 or so games right now.

Some of those are a real strech but whatever, you (think) you know best :faf:

Got to be honest with you and you have probably twigged I was never a fan

114 appearances losing 122 goals

To me an international goalkeeper should be doing more commanding his box coming off his line smashing opposition players out of the way to claim the ball talking to his defence more comfortable with the ball at his feet and with distribution and not having a potential clanger locked away in his locker and not making bad errors of judgement and also have good eye to ball coordination

We need to make a change but like others I am starting to wonder why Bogdan has not been brought in sooner

If Rocky could do all of the above he would get the move he so desperately wants he has the physique for it and badly needs to work on his ball work

hibeerealist
08-03-2020, 11:07 AM
O

Do not see any risk, Bogdan is the better keeper !!

What happened the last time we changed our regular keeper during a cup run?

Do it NOW Jack you know it makes sense

08-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Bogdan is overdue getting his chance. Took him a few games to get going last time but once he was up and running he was very good. IIRC it was his performance in the Asteras Tripolis tie when he made a Gordon Banksesque save that started a run of good form. Think he'd been at fault for one of their goals but that save made up for it.

Don't remember any other notable mistakes except when St Mirren (Hammill?) scored from the halfway line. What I do remember is him commanding his box very well and his good distribution.

hibeerealist
08-03-2020, 11:08 AM

To me an international goalkeeper should be doing more commanding his box coming off his line smashing opposition players out of the way to claim the ball talking to his defence more comfortable with the ball at his feet and with distribution and not having a potential clanger locked away in his locker and not making bad errors of judgement and also have good eye to ball coordination

We need to make a change but like others I am starting to wonder why Bogdan has not been brought in sooner

Agree with all of that Billy

Shrekko
08-03-2020, 01:15 PM
Teams are routinely putting corners right across the face of the goal against us because they know Marciano won’t catch it. Our lack of commanding defenders makes this doubly dangerous.

Bogdan has an air of calm about him, tries to command his box, has good distribution and communicates with his team mates. These are things that prevent goals-it’s not just blocking shots. Yeah Rocky makes great stops but he also lets things through him I wouldn’t expect.

Compare Joe Lewis’s performance to Rocky’s yesterday - night and day. At one point he came to claim a cross about 15 yards from his goal with players all over the box.

Peevemor
08-03-2020, 01:52 PM
What goal was his fault at the recent Derby?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using TapatalkI'd say his positioning was off for their 3rd. For me he left the far side of the goal too open.

Peevemor
08-03-2020, 02:00 PM
At the time when people were wanting Maxwell replaced by Rocky, I pointed out that Maxwell's goals (conceded) per game stat was better.

Rocky is capable of pulling off some great looking saves, but shot stopping is only a small part of a keeper's job.

There must be a reason why Bogdan's not getting a game because for my Rocky has too many shortcomings.

Keyser Sauzee
08-03-2020, 02:21 PM
I'd say his positioning was off for their 3rd. For me he left the far side of the goal to open.

I also think he could have done better for their 2nd, he doesn’t move his feet at all and does a standing dive. Bogdans the better keeper, he should be playing now.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 02:33 PM
I also think he could have done better for their 2nd, he doesn’t move his feet at all and does a standing dive. Bogdans the better keeper, he should be playing now.

Agree mentioned that and also left a big space for their third

Getting closer to my goal per game 😂

lenny leith
08-03-2020, 02:47 PM

100% correct. I’ve felt for weeks that we need Bogdan back. He is a liability in Marciano and every week we are just awaiting another lost goal. Change it now

coco mc
08-03-2020, 03:17 PM
He and his wife love Edinburgh and the club, Hecky pulled an offer at the last minute so Adam decide to take a calculated risk and see if anyone got injured elsewhere after the transfer window, didn’t work out and then Hibs came back for him.
He’s feeling good wouldn’t be hard to deal with but nothing from Hibs about the future. He like Ross has no issues and I think him being here keeps Marciano on his toes, but up to Ross to make a call.

QUOTE=h1bs4life;6112245]What's the story with Bogdan , was very surprised when came back considering he was reportedly on £20k a week at Liverpool.
Did no one want him in the summer and he is here for 6 months to keep his fitness up till the summer transfer winow opens.
Or has he made a fortune and likes Edinburgh / Hibs and he wants to settle down.
If it's the latter and he wants to settle down then would say its a no brainer get him signed on a four year deal and build from the back with him in goals.[/QUOTE]

hibsbollah
08-03-2020, 03:58 PM
Teams are routinely putting corners right across the face of the goal against us because they know Marciano won’t catch it. Our lack of commanding defenders makes this doubly dangerous.

Bogdan has an air of calm about him, tries to command his box, has good distribution and communicates with his team mates. These are things that prevent goals-it’s not just blocking shots. Yeah Rocky makes great stops but he also lets things through him I wouldn’t expect.

Compare Joe Lewis’s performance to Rocky’s yesterday - night and day. At one point he came to claim a cross about 15 yards from his goal with players all over the box.

Joe Lewis is an excellent keeper, probably second only to McGregor in the league.

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 04:22 PM
If i was playing in front of Marciano he would drive me nuts, comes for nothing. It's all too comfortable and friendly through the spine of our team but primarily our goalkeeper and centre of defence, just don't see the desire to challenge and push each other onto a better performance. We see the usual shake of heads and shrugged shoulders when we lose yet another goal....no fight, no accountability, no blame.

hibbysam
08-03-2020, 05:05 PM
Joe Lewis is an excellent keeper, probably second only to McGregor in the league.

We are slating Marciano in this thread for all of the things that McGregor struggles with.

hibbysam
08-03-2020, 05:07 PM

If Rocky could do all of the above he would get the move he so desperately wants he has the physique for it and badly needs to work on his ball work

So let’s put all of them together, along with his ability to make world class saves, im afraid he would be absolutely nowhere near hibs as he would be the best keeper in the world. No keeper ‘smashes players’ to take crosses now.

Robbo6-2
08-03-2020, 05:09 PM
Time fir Bogdan to start.

Marciano was at fault for 3rd goal and in general hasnt been great for few weeks.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 05:15 PM
So let’s put all of them together, along with his ability to make world class saves, im afraid he would be absolutely nowhere near hibs as he would be the best keeper in the world. No keeper ‘smashes players’ to take crosses now.
:agree:

Read my last paragraph

He has not really been very good for a while now

He never comes off his line

He is like Dracula afraid of crosses

hibsbollah
08-03-2020, 05:24 PM
We are slating Marciano in this thread for all of the things that McGregor struggles with.

I'm sure 'we' have a variety of different shades of opinions on different keepers :dunno: Mine is that McGregor,although a king sized welt, is the best keeper in Scotland.

hibbysam
08-03-2020, 05:41 PM
I'm sure 'we' have a variety of different shades of opinions on different keepers :dunno: Mine is that McGregor,although a king sized welt, is the best keeper in Scotland.

Which is fair enough, but the reasons folk are slating Marciano for is the exact parts of McGregors game that he struggles with. He’s horrendous with the ball, doesn’t come for crosses, makes the odd howler.

I don’t think there is a massive difference between any of the keepers in the league, however I think Forster is the most rounded keeper, but again doesn’t like having the ball at his feet.

hibeerealist
08-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Time for him to get a run in the team

Surely Rocky has had enough bloomers and time for Bogdan to start, Rocky at fault for two goals yesterday enough is enough.

hibeerealist
08-03-2020, 07:30 PM
Which is fair enough, but the reasons folk are slating Marciano for is the exact parts of McGregors game that he struggles with. He’s horrendous with the ball, doesn’t come for crosses, makes the odd howler.

I don’t think there is a massive difference between any of the keepers in the league, however I think Forster is the most rounded keeper, but again doesn’t like having the ball at his feet.

Hertz and us have the two worst keepers in the league

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 07:37 PM
I fully expected Bogdan to get a run in the team when he got back up to speed. Perhaps Hibs are hoping to get a fee for Marciano in the summer so dropping him to No.2 isn't on the cards.

hibsbollah
08-03-2020, 07:49 PM

Forster has had a good season, but he has a major weakness in making low saves close to his body, he was a bit of a mess at Southampton but clearly just 'fits' at Celtic. I'd have him behind the other two I mentioned.

BILLYHIBS
08-03-2020, 07:50 PM
I fully expected Bogdan to get a run in the team when he got back up to speed. Perhaps Hibs are hoping to get a fee for Marciano in the summer so dropping him to No.2 isn't on the cards.

Yip! Something doesn’t add up

Wonder if Craig Gordon is available?

angus hibby
08-03-2020, 08:20 PM

Absolute nonsense. Marciano and Bogdan are two very good goalkeepers. I’d go as far as say Bogdan is the best GK in Scotland.

tonyrougier123
08-03-2020, 08:25 PM
I've championed rocky for a while but even I concede now that bogdan deserves to get a chance in the team again.
Distribution from the back has been woeful at times across the whole defence,bad decisions costing us goals and putting themselves under unnecessary pressure.
Lets freshen it up a bit now.

Smartie
08-03-2020, 08:26 PM
Absolute nonsense. Marciano and Bogdan are two very good goalkeepers. I’d go as far as say Bogdan is the best GK in Scotland.

Based on his form the last time he was with us, I'd be inclined to agree.

There must be something up with him this time though if he's not getting that chance.

Golden Bear
08-03-2020, 09:16 PM
I often wondered why he didn't have a Club prior to signing a short time deal with us.

coco mc
08-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Nothing up with him at all he’s fit and ready, performing well in training etc

There must be something up with him this time though if he's not getting that chance.

BoomtownHibees
08-03-2020, 09:20 PM

There’s been some nonsense on here over the last few days but this is right up there

angus hibby
08-03-2020, 09:32 PM

I don’t think Marciano has done much wrong to warrant getting dropped....until yesterday. The corner for the 2nd goal is inside the 6 yard box - GK has to be coming for that, although it’s not clear if he’s blocked. Should have saved the 3rd goal.

I’d have Bogdan in this week.

Smartie
08-03-2020, 11:11 PM
There’s been some nonsense on here over the last few days but this is right up there

It’s almost right in that a decent argument could be made for Hearts having the worst 3 keepers in the league.

Neither of ours are anywhere close.

BILLYHIBS
09-03-2020, 05:48 AM
It’s almost right in that a decent argument could be made for Hearts having the worst 3 keepers in the league.

Neither of ours are anywhere close.

Eight goals lost in three games tells us differently most of them according to this thread falling into the avoidable category

Something needs to change starting from Saturday be it the incumbent or those in front of him

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2020, 06:21 AM

:faf: Our 2 aren't even close to the worst.

BILLYHIBS
09-03-2020, 06:22 AM

Good morning MWH!

:thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2020, 06:22 AM
Eight goals lost in three games tells us differently most of them according to this thread falling into the avoidable category

Something needs to change starting from Saturday be it the incumbent or those in front of him

Do you genuinely believe that just the goalkeeper is to blame for conceeding goals? It tells no story to anyone who actually knows about football. 11 players attack, 11 players defend. We're failing defensively as a team. 11 players are failing.

BILLYHIBS
09-03-2020, 06:27 AM
Do you genuinely believe that just the goalkeeper is to blame for conceeding goals? It tells no story to anyone who actually knows about football. 11 players attack, 11 players defend. We're failing defensively as a team. 11 players are failing.

Some more culpable than others

As a team we need to STOP losing soft goals

Big game looming up on Saturday

Jack Ross must surely know where the problems lie

By the way I would be delighted if Rocky keeps his place he has a shut out and we win 3-0

I do say in my OP either change the goalie or those in front of him

flash
09-03-2020, 06:27 AM

I agree with this. Our failure to even attempt to replace big Marv has cost us dearly. Teams get to the edge of our box far more easily than we do theirs on weekly basis.
Whilst some of our defence, including the keeper in my opinion, aren't at the level shown in the past they are left exposed by the midfield far too often.

Bangkok Hibby
09-03-2020, 01:00 PM
I can't remember a time where our defence has so consistantly lost more than 1 goal a game, nevermind keeping clean sheets. Questions need to be asked of (a) the whole back line (b) team tactics/formations and (c) the goalkeeper.

I have zero confidence that any cross balls will be defended effectively by our current defensive unit and a large part of that, I feel, is down to Rockys inability to command many of these situations. He seems incapable, of lacks the confidence, to come for any crosses unless they are landing on his head! Not denying he can be a good shot stopper but surely that is a given these days for a top flight goalkeeper. We need more than that and I hope we move him on in the summer for whatever fee we can get.

You would think someone in his position would understand his defenders aren't the best at dealing with crosses into the box, so he should be imposing himself and commanding the box. The fact he doesn't makes him part of our defensive problems. If he's gone next season it won't be a disaster.

09-03-2020, 01:25 PM

They are close to the worst.....Tynecastle is only 3.5 miles away.

Hibernian Verse
09-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Some more culpable than others

As a team we need to STOP losing soft goals

Big game looming up on Saturday

Jack Ross must surely know where the problems lie

By the way I would be delighted if Rocky keeps his place he has a shut out and we win 3-0

I do say in my OP either change the goalie or those in front of him

Which form of poetry is this written in?

I rarely agree with MWH but have just read a whole thread in agreement with him. I'm amazed anyone wouldn't go to a football match because of who is in goals.

BILLYHIBS
09-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Which form of poetry is this written in?

I rarely agree with MWH but have just read a whole thread in agreement with him. I'm amazed anyone wouldn't go to a football match because of who is in goals.

Ha Ha!

I still go

Sorry I just don’t rate him

Just the way it is

I pays my money and I am entitled to my opinion

FWIW I very rarely agree with him as well

Just the way it is

Hibernian Verse
09-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Ha Ha!

I still go

Sorry I just don’t rate him

Just the way it is

I pays my money and I am entitled to my opinion

FWIW I very rarely agree with him as well

Just the way it isI dont think anyone has said you aren't entitled to your opinion so you can stop peddling that one!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
09-03-2020, 03:12 PM
I dont think anyone has said you aren't entitled to your opinion so you can stop peddling that one!

Your point is caller?

Hibernian Verse
09-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Your point is caller?Literally made my point in the post you quoted.

BILLYHIBS
09-03-2020, 03:50 PM
Literally made my point in the post you quoted.

If you did indeed read the whole thread you will see that there are plenty of posters that share my opinion

The point I made about not going to Easter Road was volunteered by me borne out of frustration but intended to be tongue in cheek in reference to another poster who said on another thread he wasn’t going back until the defence is sorted

All part and parcel of being a football fan and more importantly a HIBS fan I suppose