PDA

View Full Version : Type of player not necessarily quality

steelendhibs
07-03-2020, 05:17 PM
I have a lot of time for a lot of the players in the Hibs squad with what they have done for us. There are a lot of good players in there, and from a quality point of view I don’t think we need a massive clear out. However, we are always going to be playing catch up if we have players who do things like getting sent off at a vital point in the game, stamping on someone’s back or sticking his hand in the air to give our city rivals a gift of a chance to take the lead in a derby. All these things have happened in the last two games. The players have to take accountability somewhere along the line. Jack Ross can pick any team he likes, but he can’t legislate for events like these. Players will always make honest mistakes and I would never criticise for that, but these incidents have been a lack of professionalism and we need characters who won’t do these things, or we need it drummer into the current squad that these things cannot happen if we want to be successful. Aberdeen have been consistently up there over the last several seasons - yes due to budget - but also due to knowing how to manage a game.
We need players who can master that art as well as playing a certain brand of football. It either has to be these players, or other ones, otherwise we will be perennially in and out of the top six and Ron’s plan will go nowhere

Unseen work
07-03-2020, 09:48 PM
I have a lot of time for a lot of the players in the Hibs squad with what they have done for us. There are a lot of good players in there, and from a quality point of view I don’t think we need a massive clear out. However, we are always going to be playing catch up if we have players who do things like getting sent off at a vital point in the game, stamping on someone’s back or sticking his hand in the air to give our city rivals a gift of a chance to take the lead in a derby. All these things have happened in the last two games. The players have to take accountability somewhere along the line. Jack Ross can pick any team he likes, but he can’t legislate for events like these. Players will always make honest mistakes and I would never criticise for that, but these incidents have been a lack of professionalism and we need characters who won’t do these things, or we need it drummer into the current squad that these things cannot happen if we want to be successful. Aberdeen have been consistently up there over the last several seasons - yes due to budget - but also due to knowing how to manage a game.
We need players who can master that art as well as playing a certain brand of football. It either has to be these players, or other ones, otherwise we will be perennially in and out of the top six and Ron’s plan will go nowhere

Aberdeen have, for years, recruited players that have played well and know the league inside out.

McGinn
Main
Kennedy
Devlin
Ferguson
Mcgeouch
Bryson
Cerny.

That’s just today alone, they’ve done it in the past too and it works. Luckily for us I think Ross will go down the same route.