PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Place was there for us 4 games ago

eastcoasthibby
07-03-2020, 04:09 PM
And has continued to be until today I reckon, but that defeat on the back off our last 3 league games has left us toiling and in the same breath these last 4 league results for us have dropped us into the mire fighting for a top 6 place .....and on current form it's looking like a bit of an ask for us to do that ....a win against At Johnstone now becomes a must ...

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-03-2020, 04:15 PM
A real battle now on for top 6. St Johnstone are in good form and they're a team we often struggle against, unbeaten in their last 5 league visits to Easter Road.

hfc rd
07-03-2020, 04:17 PM
A real battle now on for top 6. St Johnstone are in good form and they're a team we often struggle against, unbeaten in their last 5 league visits to Easter Road.

Only a point behind us now with a game in hand.

Next weeks game is a cup final now.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2020, 04:18 PM
3rd or 4th was never happening. We needed a run of form we were never going to be capable of and we also needed a huge collapse from Motherwell and Aberdeen. The latter part threatened to happen but we never really took advantage. We aren't good enough to do so.

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Only a point behind us now with a game in hand.

Next weeks game is a cup final now.

That game in hand is against Rangers. Normally that would be a good news, but not the way the Huns are playing at the moment. Tommy Wright will have his team right up for the battle next week.

H18S NX
07-03-2020, 04:22 PM
Losing 6 goals in two games is not going to help.

Ozyhibby
07-03-2020, 04:22 PM
We are going to end up going back to Tynecastle at this rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
07-03-2020, 04:23 PM

Play reserves against the other bottom teams and hopefully relegate the ****s.

The 90+2
07-03-2020, 04:24 PM
Losing 6 goals in two games is not going to help.

Nothing can be done about it now if our defence is utter pap and there’s no defensive midfielder to protect them. We only needed one all season. Hopefully Newell is back ASAP.

Hibs90
07-03-2020, 04:26 PM

You can see the script already. Hibs win puts them down.....oh wait.

Ozyhibby
07-03-2020, 04:34 PM
You can see the script already. Hibs win puts them down.....oh wait.

At least we are safe, probably only need one win to confirm it.[emoji6]

Captain Trips
07-03-2020, 04:34 PM
Today and Tuesday down to individuals more so IMO than Ross. Yes Ross has not done well enough of late but the players have let us down badly.

Jack Ross will need to earn every penny of wages if he can sort it.

percy veer
07-03-2020, 04:35 PM
Can we still not sign people out of contract? There has to be a centre half out there or dm better than we have

hfc rd
07-03-2020, 04:35 PM
That game in hand is against Rangers. Normally that would be a good news, but not the way the Huns are playing at the moment. Tommy Wright will have his team right up for the battle next week.

Right now, you’d fancy St Johnstone to get something against Rangers.

If it is a battle next week, that will suit St Johnstone to a tee as this Hibs side are as soft as s***.

IberianHibernian
07-03-2020, 04:37 PM
At least we are safe, probably only need one win to confirm it.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWould 40 points be enough to avoid play off ? What game would you expect us to win ?

roo62
07-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Nothing can be done about it now if our defence is utter pap and there’s no defensive midfielder to protect them. We only needed one all season. Hopefully Newell is back ASAP.

Just Newell and Bogdan for me would help us currently for confidence

scooby
07-03-2020, 04:59 PM
Another mediocre season which isn't going to help put extra bums on seats.
We need a major rebuild this summer and we need to get it right, as the current squad simply isn't good enough.
I'm really not that optimistic about the semi-final after this weeks results and performances.
Not great at all.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2020, 05:00 PM
We were never going to finish top 3 or even top 4.

I'll take 6th.

Smartie
07-03-2020, 05:07 PM
We’re hopelessly inconsistent and it would be nuts to call the rest of the season one way or another.

It genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if we beat Hearts and went on to win the cup. Equally, it wouldn’t surprise me if we lost heavily, capitulated in the league and ushered in a fairly long period of decline.

This Hearts game is absolutely massive, more so now because we’ve arsed up our chances of doing anything decent in the league.

Whilst we have a few players who I like, I don’t really like the squad we have at the moment and it’s like Fenlon’s sticking plaster team. We’ve got a few old lads who are past their best, a few handy loan players, a few players who have great strengths but horrific weaknesses, a cracking player in Boyle who has done his time with us and is due to move on, and little chance of youth emerging. There is nobody at our club that you could really say we’ll be building our team around for the next few years, and it is hard to see us cement our place as anything other than a mid-table club who are constantly in transition and as a result consistently inconsistent.

There was a lot of talk from Ron Gordon about growing crowds and income. He’ll be doing very well to hold onto what we have right now, and a bad result in the Hearts game could set him back years.

danhibees1875
07-03-2020, 05:34 PM
I can't agree at all with the idea that we were never going to finish 3rd/4th - it would have taken a good effort, but finishing there generally does anyway.

Win from in front today and beat a poor hearts team at home (I hate whataboutary) and we're 4th, 3 points Motherwell.

It was entirely possible we'd have been pushing for Europe. To say otherwise is revisionism.

We can still mathematically do it of course, but I think that's realistically gone after today.

Nicho87
07-03-2020, 05:36 PM
Self destruct

Lago
07-03-2020, 06:17 PM

I'll take 6th.
That would do for me

Phil MaGlass
08-03-2020, 07:43 AM
I can't agree at all with the idea that we were never going to finish 3rd/4th - it would have taken a good effort, but finishing there generally does anyway.

Win from in front today and beat a poor hearts team at home (I hate whataboutary) and we're 4th, 3 points Motherwell.

It was entirely possible we'd have been pushing for Europe. To say otherwise is revisionism.

We can still mathematically do it of course, but I think that's realistically gone after today.

We could easily have finished 3rd or 4th, cant agree with anyone that says otherwise.

B.H.F.C
08-03-2020, 07:48 AM

I'll take 6th.

Agree. Top six and a cup final will do me.

Getting past Hearts in this semi final will dictate how willing, rightly or wrongly, folk are to give Ross a bit of time.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2020, 07:53 AM
We could easily have finished 3rd or 4th, cant agree with anyone that says otherwise.

We should have but poor recruitment means we don’t have a good enough team to do it. Our defence is brutal.

DTS
08-03-2020, 07:58 AM
It’s disappointing to have gone from feeling we had a shot to self capitulation in the last few games. That being said we dominated Aberdeen for 55 minutes and then 4 indivisible errors cost us(no excuses) them being the red card, Jackson swipe and Marciano’s incompetence for 2nd and 3rd goals. If we beat St Johnstone next week top 6 should be in the bag and with Motherwell playing Aberdeen on the Friday a win for us on the Saturday would have us at least picking up points on one of them. Come 5:30 next Saturday we could well be back to only 5 off Aberdeen who have livi away and hearts at home to follow that. If we can be within 3/4 points going into the split we have a chance as we will be due dons and Motherwell at home and we have comfortably beat both at home this season

Heisenberg
08-03-2020, 07:59 AM
Jack Ross has done well with the squad he’s got, imo. Defence is a shambles, midfield has no balance and we lack depth upfront. Difficult to sort it all in January and injuries haven’t helped at right back especially.

The fact we never signed a new left back and a proper defensive midfield player still confuses me. We were prepared to pay big money for Nisbet but didn’t think these areas needed addressed? Mathie somehow got promoted despite helping build this shambles of a squad. He’s going to have to show his worth in the summer. We’ve not had a properly good summer window since promotion.