07-03-2020, 03:51 PM
Booooooooooooo

Hibs fans sometimes 🙈

Septimus
07-03-2020, 04:58 PM
Man of the Match for me.

Coco Bryce
07-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Dylan strolled through that game today. He was clearly up for it as expected.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2020, 05:10 PM
I trust all the people who were gloating about how smart they were after his difficult start in Aberdeen will be along to acknowledge the fact the guy might just have something about him after all. Probably not.

Quality player at this level. Anyone with eyes and a rudimentary knowledge of football can see that.

07-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Mercenary twat. If you want to support mcgeough go in the Aberdeen end

roo62
07-03-2020, 05:18 PM
Not too hard for him really. Down to 10 men with the most lightweight midfield in the league currently to play against. Hasn't been playing well for them generally so it shows there is weakness in his mentality for me over the course of the season. Good player but suspect he would be getting stick like the rest of our midfield had he been playing for us at the minute.

H18S NX
07-03-2020, 05:19 PM
As much as it pains me too say it,he strolled it today,very clever on the ball and never wasted it.

percy veer
07-03-2020, 05:22 PM
As much as it pains me too say it,he strolled it today,very clever on the ball and never wasted it.

Should never have been allowed to stroll it, someone should have targeted him in the first half, soft hibs stand off and let the playmaker play.

roo62
See how he does against Hearts when they are high pressing next couple of weeks. Hibs, are the easiest team right now to play against. He would have enjoyed himself today for sure.

flash
He was anonymous until the red card.

roo62
07-03-2020, 05:23 PM

Well there you go

BoomtownHibees
07-03-2020, 05:27 PM

There’s a difference between supporting him and not wanting to boo him. Why boo a cup winner? Efe Ambrose got a better reception last week!!

I know who the twat is

Tully
07-03-2020, 05:27 PM
Well there you go

Correct he was anonymous until beaton gave them a helping hand

Heckys Wheel
07-03-2020, 05:30 PM
I trust all the people who were gloating about how smart they were after his difficult start in Aberdeen will be along to acknowledge the fact the guy might just have something about him after all. Probably not.

Quality player at this level. Anyone with eyes and a rudimentary knowledge of football can see that.

Never understand ****s like you having sly digs at other Hibs fans and gloating that an Aberdeen player did well.

We are all Hibs? Aye right.

jeffers
07-03-2020, 05:32 PM

Is that any worse than you are doing with your post ? I don’t remember anyone saying he had nothing about him just not wetting their knickers because we didn’t bring him back.

I didn’t see today’s game but some are suggesting he was good only after we went down to 10 men......

Pretty Boy
07-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Is that any worse than you are doing with your post ? I don’t remember anyone saying he had nothing about him just not wetting their knickers because we didn’t bring him back.

I didn’t see today’s game but some are suggesting he was good only after we went down to 10 men......

It's not worse no.

I had to take a few pops a couple of weeks ago. Happy to give a bit back now. If that makes me whatever 4 letter word has been starred out above then fine. I've probably been called, not without justification, worse over the years.

Cataplana
07-03-2020, 06:11 PM
Dylan, you mean Judas surely?

(Free Trade Hall folk ken whits gaun oan.)

Stokesy's on fire
07-03-2020, 06:22 PM
He was really poor today which was pleasing absolutely crap

Stokesy's on fire
07-03-2020, 06:23 PM

This

Stokesy's on fire
07-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Dylan strolled through that game today. He was clearly up for it as expected.

No he never he honked the entire game

Wheat Hound
07-03-2020, 06:30 PM
He was fairly anonymous, esp before we had 10 men. Not the sort we need. We need steel and character because we fold under any pressure or anytime we're up against it.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2020, 07:07 PM
He was fairly anonymous, esp before we had 10 men. Not the sort we need. We need steel and character because we fold under any pressure or anytime we're up against it.

Utter pish. We need quality players. Not steel and determination. Not tippy tappy passers. Quality players and Dylan is quality.

flash
07-03-2020, 07:09 PM
Utter pish. We need quality players. Not steel and determination. Not tippy tappy passers. Quality players and Dylan is quality.

A tippy tappy passer is exactly what he is though albeit a good one on his day.

Unseen work
07-03-2020, 07:11 PM
I really liked him with us, but if I’m being honest I never thought he stood out until the red card.

davhibby
07-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Should we be cheering him if booing isn’t acceptable?

Stokesy's on fire
07-03-2020, 07:16 PM

He deserved every single boo he got he can bolt

davhibby
07-03-2020, 07:18 PM
He deserved every single boo he got he can bolt

His celebration at their second showed quite clearly how much he cares about us

Smartie
07-03-2020, 07:18 PM
Dylan WAS quality.

I’m not convinced he’s as good a player as the one we let go.

BoomtownHibees
07-03-2020, 07:19 PM

No

The Hibee Harp
07-03-2020, 07:22 PM
I thought he was fairly anonymous before the red card then strolled it afterwards. Disappointed to see him giving it big licks at the second goal.

RoYO!
07-03-2020, 07:29 PM

If Dylan has been reading some of the stuff posted on here about him then he's entitled to think GIRUY. Imo.

Short memories of people who feel jilted by a footballer, get over it.

Stokesy's on fire
07-03-2020, 07:33 PM
If Dylan has been reading some of the stuff posted on here about him then he's entitled to think GIRUY. Imo.

Short memories of people who feel jilted by a footballer, get over it.

He should maybe respect the club and its fans for helping him through constant injuries..

Pretty Boy
07-03-2020, 07:36 PM

Was a player celebrating, or otherwise, against a former team as big a deal in the past? It seems to be a very modern phenomenon for players to make a big show of being 'respectful'.

Thinking back to my formative years I can't remember someone like Darren Jackson not celebrating if he scored against Dundee Utd or Gordon Durie not celebrating against Hibs.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2020, 07:37 PM
He should maybe respect the club and its fans for helping him through constant injuries..

Respect the club for honouring the contract they offered him you mean?

Stokesy's on fire
07-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Respect the club for honouring the contract they offered him you mean?

More to it than that the club put in loads of hard work to get him fit and keep him going as it has done for so many players in the past. Contract or not the club and the fans supported him through that.

BoomtownHibees
07-03-2020, 07:42 PM
More to it than that the club put in loads of hard work to get him fit and keep him going as it has done for so many players in the past. Contract or not the club and the fans supported him through that.

The club done what they had to do no? The same as they would do for any other player

Wheat Hound
07-03-2020, 07:45 PM

Dylan is a tippy tappy player as you put it so eloquently so take your own utter pish away for a rethink

Pretty Boy
07-03-2020, 07:46 PM

So it stills boils down to the club honouring the contract they gave him?

The fans supported him through the injuries because he was a good player. Had he performed in a manner similar to, as an example, Matt Thornhill he would have been branded a 'wage thief'. The club would have been obliged to treat him exactly the same though.

The Wireless
07-03-2020, 07:46 PM
See how he does against Hearts when they are high pressing next couple of weeks. Hibs, are the easiest team right now to play against. He would have enjoyed himself today for sure.

Behave yourself... How he does against Hearts? The answer to that one is he is a footballer who finds time and space to bring on their high press. Do you not remember?

Since452
07-03-2020, 07:50 PM
Who cares? He plays for Aberdeen

Ray_
07-03-2020, 07:50 PM

He strolled it from the beginning.

B.H.F.C
07-03-2020, 07:53 PM

Na, he never. Hibs were in control until the red card.

Stokesy's on fire
07-03-2020, 07:54 PM

This...even curtis main stood out after the card and he is rotten

NC1875
07-03-2020, 07:55 PM
He’s an Aberdeen player who jumped from us at the first opportunity. Who really cares what he does ? He certainly doesn’t care about Hibs

Get over it FFS

Ray_
07-03-2020, 07:57 PM

He did, best player on the park during the first half.

B.H.F.C
07-03-2020, 07:59 PM

Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. Hibs were easily the better team.

You’re just making stuff up to get a reaction.

BoomtownHibees
07-03-2020, 07:59 PM

No sure if you were watching the same game as me. Only noticed him playing well when we had 10 men

davhibby
07-03-2020, 08:00 PM
Was a player celebrating, or otherwise, against a former team as big a deal in the past? It seems to be a very modern phenomenon for players to make a big show of being 'respectful'.

Thinking back to my formative years I can't remember someone like Darren Jackson not celebrating if he scored against Dundee Utd or Gordon Durie not celebrating against Hibs.

I like him, but he could’ve shown a bit more respect to the team that got him to where he is now

davhibby
07-03-2020, 08:01 PM
Dylan wasn’t the best player on the park first half as we were very comfortable until the red

MagicSwirlingShip
07-03-2020, 08:01 PM
Dissapointed he never came back, but he’s perfectly entitled to go to another Scottish club and seek a different challenge without being labelled a mercenary.

Loved watching Dylan as a player for Hibs, he didn’t screw anyone over when he left.

Stokesy's on fire
07-03-2020, 08:08 PM

You must have been steaming during the game?

fishybeaver
07-03-2020, 08:09 PM
Not our player move on!!

green day
07-03-2020, 08:26 PM

I watched the entire match and Dylan did next to nothing the entire first half - in fact the only thing of note he did was track Boyle back at one point to stop a cross.

i would say that Ferguson was their best player in the first half.

Dylan only started to show once Whittaker was sent off and there was a bit more space.

Dons midfield is all about hard work, not much in the way of creativity, which is McInnes all over. I never thought we were in much danger until Whittakers brain fart.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2020, 08:28 PM
A tippy tappy passer is exactly what he is though albeit a good one on his day.

He was much, much more than that with Hibs.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Dylan is a tippy tappy player as you put it so eloquently so take your own utter pish away for a rethink

No. He really isn't. He was excellent at reading the game, distributing the ball, position himself to be available for a pass etc.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2020, 08:38 PM

Why? He helped us win a cup and promotion. That will do me.

Since452
07-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Is almost as if some people will ex players to do well against us so they can say "I told you so". Seen it with McGeouch, Bartley and Ambrose this season.

chrisski33
07-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Who cares how he played? Hes not a hibs player anymore and never will be again.
Time to move on

chrisski33
07-03-2020, 09:18 PM
I like him, but he could’ve shown a bit more respect to the team that got him to where he is now

Who Sunderland? Hes hardly not gonna celebrate a goal for the current team hes playing for and getting paid by. Be interesting if Leigh Griffiths scores against us if he celebrates it or not.

Ray_
07-03-2020, 09:25 PM
Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. Hibs were easily the better team.

You’re just making stuff up to get a reaction.

Why on earth would I be after a reaction on here? You take yourself too seriously mate.

Watch the game back on Hibs TV anytime after midnight and we will see who's talking rubbish.

B.H.F.C
07-03-2020, 09:46 PM
Why on earth would I be after a reaction on here? You take yourself too seriously mate.

Watch the game back on Hibs TV anytime after midnight and we will see who's talking rubbish.

What did he do in the first half to be the best player on the park?

gillythehibby
07-03-2020, 09:46 PM
utter pish. We need quality players. Not steel and determination. Not tippy tappy passers. Quality players and dylan is quality.

this !

superfurryhibby
07-03-2020, 09:50 PM

Not a lot, he clearly wasn’t.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2020, 10:14 PM
I’m trying to work out, why half the Hibs supports booed him today, and the other half cheered him

Brightside
07-03-2020, 10:15 PM
He did everything he did for hibs. You either like that or you don’t.

B.H.F.C
07-03-2020, 10:21 PM

Na. Until we went down to ten, he didn’t do what he did for Hibs. He controlled games for us. He wasn’t doing that until the sending off today.

jeffers
07-03-2020, 10:27 PM

Kept possession, passed it mainly backwards and sideways then. Created nothing ?

jacomo
07-03-2020, 10:29 PM
Na. Until we went down to ten, he didn’t do what he did for Hibs. He controlled games for us. He wasn’t doing that until the sending off today.

What I take from this is that we were the better team with 11 men on the park, but worse when we went down to 10?

And that we managed to nullify Dylan until Whittaker was sent off?

07-03-2020, 10:31 PM
There’s a difference between supporting him and not wanting to boo him. Why boo a cup winner? Efe Ambrose got a better reception last week!!

I know who the twat is

The one who follows hibs home and away for 30 years or the mercenary who raises his game when a contract is on the table. **** off

Brightside
07-03-2020, 10:31 PM
Kept possession, passed it mainly backwards and sideways then. Created nothing ?

Kept possession. When they lost it he won it back. Including tracking back to nick the ball of Boyle in their box.

Ray_
07-03-2020, 10:37 PM

See for yourself after midnight, you clearly missed it first time around.

BoomtownHibees
07-03-2020, 10:48 PM
The one who follows hibs home and away for 30 years or the mercenary who raises his game when a contract is on the table. **** off

Very good

et_hibby
07-03-2020, 10:49 PM
Dylan, you mean Judas surely?

(Free Trade Hall folk ken whits gaun oan.)

“I don’t believe you.”

davhibby
07-03-2020, 10:51 PM
I’m trying to work out, why half the Hibs supports booed him today, and the other half cheered him

Fully deserved the boos

MagicSwirlingShip
07-03-2020, 11:04 PM

Scottish Cup Winner with Hibs. Not many alive that can say that

B.H.F.C
07-03-2020, 11:08 PM
See for yourself after midnight, you clearly missed it first time around.

Nice way of avoiding the question that...

B.H.F.C
07-03-2020, 11:12 PM
What I take from this is that we were the better team with 11 men on the park, but worse when we went down to 10?

And that we managed to nullify Dylan until Whittaker was sent off?

I wouldn’t say we nullified him as such. I don’t think Aberdeen play in a way that suits McGeough. If it wasn’t him, nobody would have paid the slightest bit of attention to the Aberdeen number 17 in the first half IMO.

jeffers
07-03-2020, 11:33 PM
Kept possession. When they lost it he won it back. Including tracking back to nick the ball of Boyle in their box.

Fair enough. You were spot on earlier. I never got the love in although I never doubted he had ability.

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 12:01 AM
Fully deserved the boos

When I think of Dylan, I think of him and his big cheeser lifting the cup and again down the links. He plays for the third best team in the country and is a winner. Imagine booing a Hibernian hero.

MagicSwirlingShip
08-03-2020, 12:06 AM
When I think of Dylan, I think of him and his big cheeser lifting the cup and again down the links. He plays for the third best team in the country and is a winner. Imagine booing a Hibernian hero.

Exactly. Classless.

Don’t have to cheer him, but imagine boo-ing. Strange attitude

Since90+2
08-03-2020, 06:58 AM
Any Hibs fan who boos Dylan McGeouch is an utter moron.

The guy was an integral part of a team who provided us all with the most important and iconic moment in the clubs entire history.

He's a good player and from what I know a decent enough guy.

bawheid
08-03-2020, 07:20 AM
Grown men booing anyone or anything has always been a bit weird.

Ray_
08-03-2020, 07:53 AM
Nice way of avoiding the question that...

Avoid what? The fact that you missed how good he was in the game! Watch it again with your eyes open this time and you will see for yourself, he replicated the type of performance we have seen many times in a Hibs strip in which he was rightly lauded for.

Incidentally the only Sunday paper I've read this morning had him as their MOM.

Stokesy's on fire
08-03-2020, 08:29 AM
Avoid what? The fact that you missed how good he was in the game! Watch it again with your eyes open this time and you will see for yourself, he replicated the type of performance we have seen many times in a Hibs strip in which he was rightly lauded for.

Dylan was nowhere near MOTM thats utter madness

B.H.F.C
08-03-2020, 08:38 AM

You’ve still not told me what he did well prior to the red card when we were well in control of the game.

The only reason anybody paid him any attention was because it was him.

Tom Hart RIP
08-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Watched the game on Hibs tv with the Aberdeen commentators who made Dylan man of the Match.

Captain Trips
08-03-2020, 10:02 AM
He is not here aye could do a job so could Cosgrove etc etc. Academic now.

hibee-boys
08-03-2020, 10:23 AM
Wouldn't boo him but wasn't that fussed when he left and I was even less fussed when he went to Aberdeen.

Liam978
09-03-2020, 10:12 AM

Hi Billy, The most booing I witnessed was because of his attitude in screaming a the ref to get Whitty sent off. Especially as in the build up to it he had just chopped Paul Hanlon.

BoomtownHibees
09-03-2020, 11:38 AM
Hi Billy, The most booing I witnessed was because of his attitude in screaming a the ref to get Whitty sent off. Especially as in the build up to it he had just chopped Paul Hanlon.

He got booed any time he touched from the first whistle

Stokesy's on fire
09-03-2020, 11:46 AM
Watched the game on Hibs tv with the Aberdeen commentators who made Dylan man of the Match.

Shows how poor the rest of them played then

WeeRussell
09-03-2020, 12:43 PM

I think however many times these threads repeat themselves, there will be those like myself (maybe who your first line is aimed at) who remain comfortable that Jack Ross chose not to break the bank to bring Dylan back and those that were really disappointed (some even think its a "disgrace" or "poor management") that we didn't sign him. I doubt either group will be changing their stance.

Wasn't at the game, but have always recognised the lad has quality. Just not as much as you and what appears to be the majority of hibs.net believe he has.

I'm okay with that.

For the record I would 100% not have booed him.

Ray_
09-03-2020, 08:07 PM
I think however many times these threads repeat themselves, there will be those like myself (maybe who your first line is aimed at) who remain comfortable that Jack Ross chose not to break the bank to bring Dylan back and those that were really disappointed (some even think its a "disgrace" or "poor management") that we didn't sign him. I doubt either group will be changing their stance.

Wasn't at the game, but have always recognised the lad has quality. Just not as much as you and what appears to be the majority of hibs.net believe he has.

I'm okay with that.

For the record I would 100% not have booed him.

It wasn't just us on here, the media and pundits were also pretty convinced that he was an important part of a midfield widely recognised as the best in Scotland outwith Celtic.

WeeRussell
10-03-2020, 08:52 AM
It wasn't just us on here, the media and pundits were also pretty convinced that he was an important part of a midfield widely recognised as the best in Scotland outwith Celtic.

I don’t disagree with that either, and have never disputed that.