PDA

View Full Version : Are Hearts now the old Rangers?

SquashedFrogg
06-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Ever increasing red hand of Ulster flags, union flags and 'no surrender' chants.

Clearly there's been links over the years. But when they turn up to ER these days it feels more and more like the defunct Rangers are in town.

Wee huns? Or now just fully fledged huns?

Bostonhibby
06-03-2020, 11:22 PM
Ever increasing red hand of Ulster flags, union flags and 'no surrender' chants.

Clearly there's been links over the years. But when they turn up to ER these days it feels more and more like the defunct Rangers are in town.

Wee huns? Or now just fully fledged huns?Don't see it myself, the famous only put themselves into administration to avoid paying their debts whereas the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers directors liquidated the entire business to achieve the same end, sevco fans did a better job of not doing walking away whilst actually walking away.

Did the now defunct Glasgow rangers/ Sevco manage to shaft a charity? All big teams shaft charities.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
06-03-2020, 11:25 PM
Don't see it myself, the famous only put themselves into administration to avoid paying their debts whereas the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers directors liquidated the entire business to achieve the same end, sevco fans did a better job of not doing walking away whilst actually walking away.

Did the now defunct Glasgow rangers/ Sevco manage to shaft a charity? All big teams shaft charities.

Never considered the charity shafting angle. Good point.

There's just a different feel about them now. Maybe just me but there's a hint of weegie about them these days.

Bostonhibby
06-03-2020, 11:34 PM
Never considered the charity shafting angle. Good point.

There's just a different feel about them now. Maybe just me but there's a hint of weegie about them these days.To be honest, there's plenty jambos who want nothing to do with the immature dentally challenged new wave Billy Boys that couldn't spell prodizdunt if they were in a prodizdunt spelling bee team.

It's up to them to decide how happy they are to out them or just wait until puberty kicks in or unemployment benefit lags further behind ticket prices.

SquashedFrogg
06-03-2020, 11:37 PM
To be honest, there's plenty jambos who want nothing to do with the immature dentally challenged new wave Billy Boys that couldn't spell prodizdunt if they were in a prodizdunt spelling bee team.

It's up to them to decide how happy they are to out them or just wait until puberty kicks in or unemployment benefit lags further behind ticket prices.

I'm sure there are. I have very close links to a few. When challenged though, they aren't as condemning of it as it have expected.

Bostonhibby
06-03-2020, 11:44 PM
I'm sure there are. I have very close links to a few. When challenged though, they aren't as condemning of it as it have expected.Imagine aspiring to be like sevco, second best in your own city, year after year.

Jones28
07-03-2020, 06:33 AM

Wee huns? Or now just fully fledged huns?

Nah.

I know lots of Jambos, most of whom are decent and find that **** embarrassing. You’ll get the odd weirdo amongst it and they’re more likely to appear in their hardcore away support so we see it at derbies.

BILLYHIBS
07-03-2020, 06:50 AM
Naw they have always been like that

I remember the very young street urchin Billyhibs skipping into Tiny via the School End in the early sixties and thinking the Sash was a tasty catchy wee ditty

Ma Maw kept asking me what I was whistling and threatening to wash ma mooth oot! :confused:

The Modfather
07-03-2020, 07:04 AM
I know this thread is in the spirit of point scoring, but their Billy Boys element is a minority IMO. A vocal minority, but still a minority.

CraigHibee
07-03-2020, 07:15 AM
I know this thread is in the spirit of point scoring, but their Billy Boys element is a minority IMO. A vocal minority, but still a minority.

Years gone by the billy boys was in full chorus, a minority sang it during the game but you just need to look at kickback and see the majority of the hearts fans want nothing to do with it.

Keith_M
07-03-2020, 08:39 AM
We both have our more 'extreme' elements. Hearts just seem to have more of them.

Feed McGraw
07-03-2020, 09:20 AM
Hadn`t heard " Rule Brittania " from them until I heard a small group of them singing it on Tuesday night near the top of Easter Rd - somehow that felt more "hunnish" than all the other sectarian nonsense some of them are singing these days. It`s pretty sad really, pathetic ,but sad as well.

Dave spart
07-03-2020, 11:48 AM
Hadn`t heard " Rule Brittania " from them until I heard a small group of them singing it on Tuesday night near the top of Easter Rd - somehow that felt more "hunnish" than all the other sectarian nonsense some of them are singing these days. It`s pretty sad really, pathetic ,but sad as well.
A good few from the “ up to their knees brigade” at Rangers pretend to be Jambos at derby games . Only there to cause trouble.

jacomo
07-03-2020, 12:02 PM

I would hope and expect it would be a minority. But it’s still a very toxic influence. Hearts should deal with it before the poison spreads further.