PDA

View Full Version : SHC Eoin Doyle

Mibbes Aye
06-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Nice wee piece below, on Football365, about the ups, downs and currently very much one of the ups of Eoin Doyle’s career.

https://www.football365.com/news/hero-of-the-week-eoin-doyle-john-nicholson

IberianHibernian
06-03-2020, 09:57 PM
Interesting read . Writer says he saw Eoin play for us a few times but goalscoring stats mainly don`t tell whole story as he played some matches in midfield so wasn`t only a striker . It was a pity he left us so soon since he could have been an important player in following years .

The 90+2
06-03-2020, 09:58 PM
No idea why we let him go.

BILLYHIBS
06-03-2020, 10:01 PM
That Vaz Te fella did no bad as well when he left us and that gadgie Clayton Donaldson tae

Centre Hawf
06-03-2020, 10:07 PM
Interesting read . Writer says he saw Eoin play for us a few times but goalscoring stats mainly don`t tell whole story as he played some matches in midfield so wasn`t only a striker . It was a pity he left us so soon since he could have been an important player in following years .

Eoin got labelled by some folk as being useless or not the answer. But the reality was he was playing wide left often to accommodate Sparky playing on his own through the middle. Maybe if we had him instead of someone like Paul Heffernan we would have stayed up. If's and buts.

Maybe he needed to leave to realise his potential.

IberianHibernian
06-03-2020, 10:14 PM
No idea why we let him go. Seem to remember news of pre contract with Chesterfield being leaked in January or Feb of 2013 which was just after some of his best performances - he was outstanding in midfield in win against Celtic when we were top or near top of league in December 2012 . Either player was desperate to play in England at any level or we were slow to offer him a deal , possibly a bit of both . He was a good signing by Fenlon and could have turned into a great signing in terms of making big contribution to us and maybe making money when sold .

EskbankHibby
06-03-2020, 10:17 PM
Missed a decent chance in the Scottish cup final early on against Celtic iirc.

Liked him though, glad he's done well for himself.

jacomo
06-03-2020, 10:20 PM
Interesting wee aside in that article about coverage of lower league football. Holds true for Scottish football too.

The internet is killing journalism.

BILLYHIBS
06-03-2020, 10:29 PM
Liked his wee daisy cutter finish in the come back versus Falkirk at Hampden

A very good player imho but definitely under the shadow of Sparky for the striker role in his time at ER

IberianHibernian
06-03-2020, 10:45 PM
Eoin got labelled by some folk as being useless or not the answer. But the reality was he was playing wide left often to accommodate Sparky playing on his own through the middle. Maybe if we had him instead of someone like Paul Heffernan we would have stayed up. If's and buts.

Maybe he needed to leave to realise his potential.I remember listening to him getting terrible abuse from some of our fans near to me at Tynecastle at New Year Derby in 2012 / 13 and thinking it was totally undeserved - he wasn`t and never will be a fantastic player but he seemed to have a good attitude and could play in different positions .

Centre Hawf
06-03-2020, 10:53 PM
I remember listening to him getting terrible abuse from some of our fans near to me at Tynecastle at New Year Derby in 2012 / 13 and thinking it was totally undeserved - he wasn`t and never will be a fantastic player but he seemed to have a good attitude and could play in different positions .

If memory serves me right he might have missed a decent chance/sitter that game and I vaguely think his Hibs career took a nose dive after that in terms of fan opinion.

Mibbes Aye
06-03-2020, 11:05 PM

Yeah, I thought the reference to his goal scoring record underplayed his overall contribution. The writer has mentioned watching
Hibs in articles before but not to a huge extent - usually a reference within an article about an English-based player or coach who had enjoyed a spell with us.

jacomo
06-03-2020, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I thought the reference to his goal scoring record underplayed his overall contribution. The writer has mentioned watching
Hibs in articles before but not to a huge extent - usually a reference within an article about an English-based player or coach who had enjoyed a spell with us.

He’s based in Middlesbrough is he not? Maybe he comes up the road a fair bit.

SquashedFrogg
06-03-2020, 11:45 PM
Eoin got labelled by some folk as being useless or not the answer.

So nothing's really changed from many of our football 'experts' 🙄

Newry Hibs
07-03-2020, 01:08 AM
Loved his goal against falkirk. Always thought he was good player but was overshadowed by Griffiths who just happened to score plenty.

Vault Boy
07-03-2020, 01:44 AM
That volley against Aberdeen (https://youtu.be/a67AonA2jR4) was a belter. Always liked Doyle, but he was inevitably overshadowed by Griffiths, as pointed out by Newry.

Would work well with Doidge these days probably.

Haymaker
07-03-2020, 03:28 AM
He’s based in Middlesbrough is he not? Maybe he comes up the road a fair bit.

From Middlesbrough. Lives or at least lived in Edinburgh

BILLYHIBS
07-03-2020, 06:48 AM
That volley against Aberdeen (https://youtu.be/a67AonA2jR4) was a belter. Always liked Doyle, but he was inevitably overshadowed by Griffiths, as pointed out by Newry.

Would work well with Doidge these days probably.

Ah hem!

And Billyhibs

:dunno:

These folk that read half a thread?

Onceinawhile
07-03-2020, 07:57 AM
From Middlesbrough. Lives or at least lived in Edinburgh

Think he's now in Fife, but certainly did live in Edinburgh.

The Modfather
07-03-2020, 08:01 AM
No idea why we let him go.

I thought he was very raw, and could be a bit of a headless chicken at times. Wasn’t particularly sad when he moved on. He’s developed into a good player and had a good career it would seem.

Paisley Hibby
07-03-2020, 08:24 AM
That Vaz Te fella did no bad as well when he left us and that gadgie Clayton Donaldson tae

And Matt Doherty (tin hat on)