PDA

View Full Version : Refund?

DH1875
06-03-2020, 10:10 AM
If worse comes to worse and they ends up pulling the plug on the season will you expect/want/ask for a refund for the games left on your season ticket? I think most of us would tell them to keep it but could be wrong. If clubs have to give money back then I'm sure we would be ok but think it would ruin some other clubs.

Steven79
06-03-2020, 10:11 AM
If worse comes to worse and they ends up pulling the plug on the season will you expect/want/ask for a refund for the games left on your season ticket? I think most of us would tell them to keep it but could be wrong. If clubs have to give money back then I'm sure we would be ok but think it would ruin some other clubs.

I would tell them to keep it as if everybody asked for a partial refund it would mean being short in the budget for next season.

Ronniekirk
06-03-2020, 10:14 AM
Keep it but confident it’s not goi g to come to that
I did however feel like asking fir a refund after the team just didn’t show up v Hearts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CentreLine
06-03-2020, 10:28 AM
Yes. Keep it, no question. If it comes to cancelling the football season I suspect we will have nuggets things to concern ourselves with than money that is already spent.

CB_NO3
06-03-2020, 10:32 AM
I would tell the club to keep it.

Jack
06-03-2020, 11:09 AM
I think if the worst comes to worst then the remaining games will be played behind closed doors.

The club could the offer season ticket holders the games on Hibs TV.

Centre Hawf
06-03-2020, 11:11 AM
I think if the worst comes to worst then the remaining games will be played behind closed doors.

I think if they ever do have a situation where games are played behind closed doors it would only make sense to abolish the 3pm blackout for uk folk to watch the team on the club media channels.

CMurdoch
06-03-2020, 12:03 PM

Good thinking Batman!

Not a perfect solution but infinitely better than not seeing games.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2020, 12:20 PM
I wonder if Hibs tv could manage the thousands of people who would want to watch games online?

Forza Fred
06-03-2020, 12:28 PM
Allowing local tv coverage of games if played behind closed doors would only ensure more people caught the virus.

At the ground at least the punters are outdoors.

If on tv many would congregate at pubs and the virus would spread quickly among the assorted punters!

Box 17
06-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Not sure what the season ticket T & C's are but clubs would probably be obliged to offer a refund or a discount towards next seasons ST.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2020, 12:46 PM
When you consider the impact the loss of walk up sales would have I'd be in the 'just keep it' camp. I appreciate not everyone feels the same.

The football issue isn't a short term one though. Away from the sensationalist headlines about an impending apocalypse, there is a lot of mention of this being a situation that is going to play out over the course of several months and possibly even years. It's an illness that will be the tortoise rather than the hare. If it becomes endemic then we can't postpone public events forever. Obviously the potential arrival of vaccines etc changes the outlook but at some point there may have to be an acceptance that life with this illness is the new normal.

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2020, 02:04 PM
Keep it without a doubt ... the loss of revenue from other streams like walk ups, hospitality etc will be a bad enough hit for a club like us.

My attitude is a bit different over the kick offs I've missed due to our shambolic entry system this season ..... I am in half a mind to ask for a refund coz of that.

BegbieHSC
06-03-2020, 02:27 PM
I wouldn’t ask for a refund in the unlikely event of this happening. If things got that extreme, I think we’d have other things to worry about.

I would like £30 off my season ticket for next season though as a means of a refund for Tuesday night’s disgrace.

kaimendhibs
07-03-2020, 02:32 AM
Some things cant be helped. Wouldnt want a refund. But, what about next season?
Who would buy a season ticket in advance if there was no guarantee the crisis would be over?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Onion
07-03-2020, 04:48 AM
Who would buy a season ticket in advance if there was no guarantee the crisis would be over?

And there lies the problem. As a one of, late in the season, most fans would agree to forego but any suggestion of this happening again and it will discourage STs and/or fans would expect refunds.

Just as important is how the SFA deal with relegation, European spots and relegation/promotion. Any suggestion that they are screwing clubs, favouring the OF or Hearts and I could see fans of other clubs demanding refunds UNLESS their Boards ensure a fair outcome - just as we all did with that new club from Glasgow back in 2012.

TrinityHibs
07-03-2020, 05:21 AM

I will. I have missed about half the games this season so see no reason not to renew. I missed the derby last week as I was in Dubai so in retrospect I look on that as a bonus.

BILLYHIBS
07-03-2020, 05:53 AM
Keep it and put it towards Kevin Nisbet in the summer and make a donation to Dnipro Kids

Sir David Gray
07-03-2020, 06:47 AM
And there lies the problem. As a one of, late in the season, most fans would agree to forego but any suggestion of this happening again and it will discourage STs and/or fans would expect refunds.

Just as important is how the SFA deal with relegation, European spots and relegation/promotion. Any suggestion that they are screwing clubs, favouring the OF or Hearts and I could see fans of other clubs demanding refunds UNLESS their Boards ensure a fair outcome - just as we all did with that new club from Glasgow back in 2012.

If the season isn't completed, they can't really have any promotion or relegation and yes I know that's likely to go in Hearts' favour.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I was a Dundee Utd fan though.

BILLYHIBS
07-03-2020, 06:54 AM
If the season isn't completed, they can't really have any promotion or relegation and yes I know that's likely to go in Hearts' favour.

Naw serves them right for taking their foot off the gas cost me ma acca last week :confused:

CraigHibee
07-03-2020, 07:17 AM
Wouldnt have a problem with the club not refunding the money, would rather it be kept towards our budget

DH1875
07-03-2020, 07:39 AM

They'd fight it, they'd have to. The money they have spent on Shankland alone will see to that.

jodjam
07-03-2020, 07:47 AM
Would want the money back for the two that I buy. The media over reaction is badly damaging my business and I need to make financial decisions

I would like to think the SPFL would be making contingency plans to assist clubs financially for refunding fans

Sir David Gray
07-03-2020, 07:52 AM
They'd fight it, they'd have to. The money they have spent on Shankland alone will see to that.

On what grounds?

The regular Championship season is played over 36 matches, if the season is ended before those 36 matches are played then I don't see how they can have any promotion or relegation.

The SPFL would leave themselves open to being sued by other clubs if Dundee Utd were promoted under those circumstances.

green day
07-03-2020, 07:59 AM
Would want the money back for the two that I buy. The media over reaction is badly damaging my business and I need to make financial decisions

I would like to think the SPFL would be making contingency plans to assist clubs financially for refunding fans

With what? I think you overestimate the cash reserves of the SPFL.

They dont have enough money to simply give cash to clubs to refund supporters (even if it is just, say, a quarter of the cost at this stage) of all clubs, so afraid that is just pie in the sky.

Onion
07-03-2020, 08:43 AM

Why is that ? You can guarantee Celtic will be pronounced champions and will take the CL place, and other European places will be decided by final placings. These are worth £££ to each club, so why void relegation and promotion ? The SFA should be forced to follow UEFA rules as more than Scotland will be affected by this. Just as in 2012, you can’t trust the SFA to do the right thing.

pontius pilate
07-03-2020, 08:49 AM
Surely if the season is 3/4 complete when the decision is made it's down to final standings like in F1 for instance, certainly in the EPL liverpool would be crowned champions and the 3 teams in the relegation zone would go down, I for one dont see the reason why the final standings if caught short shouldnt be used, the teams are where they are at either because they are good enough to be crowned champions or a euro place or are good enough and go down

OstKurve Hibs
07-03-2020, 08:49 AM
I dont want a refund or money of nxt seasons season ticket, as others have stated also, I'd hate to see our club be hit in the pocket for this.

Sure I read yesterday that if they end the league early, celtc would be crowned champions, if that's the case then surely relegation and promotion should stand over all the leagues !
If they got crowned champions and the bottom team avoided relegation, I'd have to question whether I'd go to football again, they already get away with murder, that would be the final nail for me

You cant crown a team champions or even relegate a team (apart fae hearts) before the campaign is finished !!! But this is scotland and the sfa after all

Sir David Gray
07-03-2020, 08:59 AM
Why is that ? You can guarantee Celtic will be pronounced champions and will take the CL place, and other European places will be decided by final placings. These are worth £££ to each club, so why void relegation and promotion ? The SFA should be forced to follow UEFA rules as more than Scotland will be affected by this. Just as in 2012, you can’t trust the SFA to do the right thing.

In the Championship, relegation is a lot tighter than the promotion race is, as is relegation from the Premiership. If Dundee Utd get promoted by virtue of how far in front they are, that will leave 13 teams in the Premiership. Who gets relegated? It also leaves 9 teams in the Championship. Who gets relegated from the Championship and who gets promoted from League One, another league with a tight promotion race?

I don't think the season will be affected but if it is, I can't see how they can have any promotion or relegation from any of the leagues.

oldbutdim
07-03-2020, 09:09 AM
Keep the Hibs ST money......................... but demand a refund for away ST.

:aok: