PDA

View Full Version : Hampden Train

The Wireless
05-03-2020, 04:55 PM
Does anybody know if there was separate trains for opposing supporters when we played THEM last time at Hampden and if so will there be something similar for this semi- final? How did it work going from Central Station to Mt Florida ? Were there any problems?

DH1875
05-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Does anybody know if there was separate trains for opposing supporters when we played THEM last time at Hampden and if so will there be something similar for this semi- final? How did it work going from Central Station to Mt Florida ? Were there any problems?

We go to/from kings park, not mount florida.

telford hibbee
05-03-2020, 05:00 PM
i am sure for one the games at hampden there were trains leaving from slateford station for the hertz fans

my left peg
05-03-2020, 05:06 PM
Does anybody know if there was separate trains for opposing supporters when we played THEM last time at Hampden and if so will there be something similar for this semi- final? How did it work going from Central Station to Mt Florida ? Were there any problems?Got the train from musselburgh to Waverly then to Queens street at the 2012 final..had drinks and food at the crystal palace and there were fans of both teams on the trains and bar,with absolutely no problems,hibs fans on the queens park route and hearts fans to mount florida from Central.
Of course after the game we were home before a lot of the hearts fans left the stadium.....still cant believe Chelses won the champions league that day!

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

The Wireless
05-03-2020, 05:10 PM
i am sure for one the games at hampden there were trains leaving from slateford station for the hertz fans

I never travelled by train last time but was intending to this time and wondered if there is a Hibs only one or is it a case of just going on any one heading through?

The Wireless
05-03-2020, 05:11 PM
Got the train from musselburgh to Waverly then to Queens street at the 2012 final..had drinks and food at the crystal palace and there were fans of both teams on the trains and bar,with absolutely no problems,hibs fans on the queens park route and hearts fans to mount florida from Central.
Of course after the game we were home before a lot of the hearts fans left the stadium.....still cant believe Chelses won the champions league that day!

Thanks for that.

ABZHFC
05-03-2020, 08:02 PM
My memory of the 2012 final was that Hibs and Hearts fans got the same trains through to Glasgow, but I think the carriages were split in half, so Hibs had the front half, Hearts had the back. Something like that

Smartie
05-03-2020, 08:14 PM
They did football specials to the semi, I went on the one from Waverley to Kings Park. They were dry trains but some managed to find a way round it.

It was a wee bit sterile tbh although it was quite nice to get out of there without seeing any jambos after losing 4-0.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Got the train from musselburgh to Waverly then to Queens street at the 2012 final..had drinks and food at the crystal palace and there were fans of both teams on the trains and bar,with absolutely no problems,hibs fans on the queens park route and hearts fans to mount florida from Central.

Trains and city centre pubs in Edinburgh & Glasgow all mixed before the 2012 game without any problems.

From Glasgow Central Hibs fans were directed towards the station at that end (Kings Park), Hearts to Mount Florida, as normal.

hibby6270
05-03-2020, 10:45 PM
If I’m not mistaken the line out of Central Station can split 2 ways. For ease of explanation, “turn left” and you get to King’s Park first or “turn right” and you reach Mount Florida first. Both sets of fans need never really need to be on the same train or arrive at the same station given that MF & KP are a good bit away from e@ch other.

Effectively it’s a Circle Line and fans can be segregated at the ground to be directed to their appropriate station to return to Central.

The station itself is different. Obviously, both lots of fans are arriving to go to Hampden but unless it was pre-organised crowd descending on Central at one time, majority turn up at their own leisure and directed to their appropriate train, so they are kept apart.

After the game trains will be timed to arrive back in Central separately to keep fans apart.

Seen it all done several times, not just for games against the Jambos but also when the Ugly Sisters are involved.