PDA

View Full Version : 2 match ban for McNulty

silverhibee
05-03-2020, 11:09 AM
As it says, has been given a 2 match ban for the stamp on Clare from the other night.

Heisenberg
05-03-2020, 11:11 AM
Can’t think we’d appeal it. Ridiculous from him.

Lancs Harp
05-03-2020, 11:12 AM
Havent got an arguement against that to be honest.

aljo7-0
05-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Difficult to argue. Lets give Jamie Gullan a couple of full games and see how he gets on.

hibby67
05-03-2020, 11:23 AM
As it says, has been given a 2 match ban for the stamp on Clare from the other night.
does that start this weekend against the sheep ?

DH1875
05-03-2020, 11:24 AM
I've still not seen it. Missed it at the time.

scoopyboy
05-03-2020, 11:25 AM
He deserves it.

Hopefully he comes back a bit hungrier and plays better.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Don’t know what he was thinking

Sheer stupidity

MacGruber
05-03-2020, 11:27 AM
Either give Gullan the chance to start allongside Doidge or change shape as we are becoming predictable and getting countered.

Doidge up top in a 4 5 1 maybe. Time to bring Halberg back in

Leaking to many goals playing the 3 and no natural sitting midfielder.

Steven79
05-03-2020, 11:28 AM
The hearing is on Monday so he will be available for the Aberdeen game (I would bench him) and will miss the games against St Johnstone & Hamilton.

ABZHFC
05-03-2020, 11:29 AM
Can’t say he doesn’t deserve it. Even on form alone I’d be thinking about dropping him

G B Young
05-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Be interesting to see Gullan get a game from the start. Might just prove to work in our favour.

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-03-2020, 11:32 AM
The hearing is on Monday so he will be available for the Aberdeen game (I would bench him) and will miss the home games against St Johnstone & Celtic.

Would it not likely be St Johnstone at home and Hamilton away? Either way, deserves the ban.

Steven79
05-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Would it not likely be St Johnstone at home and Hamilton away? Either way, deserves the ban.

Yeah it would, Sorry I forgot about the Hamilton game.

BlackSheep
05-03-2020, 11:34 AM
I have a feeling McNulty may not have started the next match anyway/

Great chance for Gullan, hope he takes it.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2020, 11:34 AM
Deserved, bloody stupid thing to do.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
05-03-2020, 11:35 AM
Couldn't really see any other outcome tbh. Hopefully Gullan can show us what he's made of.

Brightside
05-03-2020, 11:49 AM
Will be accepted by the club. Silly boy.

SonOfDavidFrancey
05-03-2020, 12:03 PM
I actually think it's fully deserved and wouldn't appeal it, but is this just not exactly the thing that Morelos did earlier in the season, and on appeal it was reduced to a yellow owing to 'lack of excessive force'?

JXM73
05-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Can we not make it 3 or 4, offers **** all the now

MrRobot
05-03-2020, 12:17 PM
Not surprised, but a very good chance for Gullan to show what he can do :agree:

silverhibee
05-03-2020, 12:18 PM
He deserves it.

Or the young lad Gullan comes in and does well due to McNulty's stupidity and keeps him out the team for the rest of the season.

jacomo
05-03-2020, 12:19 PM
I've still not seen it. Missed it at the time.

Not particularly violent but does look deliberate (and just standing on someone can be pretty nasty in itself).

macca70
05-03-2020, 12:21 PM
He’s not yet been offered 2 matches, he needs to attend a meeting on Monday where it’s likely that a 2 match ban will be the outcome although I suspect they have authority to decide at the meeting what the punishment will be.

Smartie
05-03-2020, 12:21 PM
He’s lucky the whole team played terrible and deservedly lost the other night and that he got away with this one. If he’d been sent off early and we’d lost the way we did then he’d have a long way back with many of our fans.

Decent opportunity for Gullan.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2020, 12:23 PM
100% deserved, I hope we don't waste time with an appeal.

Stupid actions.

GreenCastle
05-03-2020, 12:23 PM
So Gullan and Doidge are the 2 strikers left..

Who is back up ?

oneone73
05-03-2020, 12:25 PM
So Gullan and Doidge are the 2 strikers left..

Who is back up ?

Boyle

Waxy
05-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Anyone else doing well in the reserve squad or out on loan we could recall? Maybe a good time for extra cover.

Since452
05-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Can we not phone up and ask them to make it longer?

Spike Mandela
05-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Havent got an arguement against that to be honest.

There clearly IS an argument against it and Hibs have to use it...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4140993/morelos-ralston-rangers-celtic-instagram/

cabbageandribs1875
05-03-2020, 12:46 PM
Deserved, could have been more

Hibiza
05-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Won't be missed.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Anyone else doing well in the reserve squad or out on loan we could recall? Maybe a good time for extra cover.I keep wondering about how Tommy Block is doing and where he might fit in in a more defensive/defensive midfield role. Always seems to get good reports but maybe too early?

Greenbeard
05-03-2020, 01:18 PM
The hearing is on Monday so he will be available for the Aberdeen game (I would bench him) and will miss the games against St Johnstone & Hamilton.
Only a hearing if he appeals by 3pm Friday. If he doesn't appeal and accepts the two match ban it starts with immediate effect and he misses Saturday and St Johnstone.
If he does appeal he can play on Sat. However, and I'm not 100% on this, if he appeals I think it is square one as far as sanction goes and he could get more than a two match ban. A three match ban would take in Saints, Hamilton and Celtic on 5 April.

Lancs Harp
05-03-2020, 01:27 PM
There clearly IS an argument against it and Hibs have to use it...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4140993/morelos-ralston-rangers-celtic-instagram/

I disagree the boy done wrong regardless of what anyone else has done in a different game and time. Losing an appeal could mean an extended ban too. He did wrong, take the medecine and move on. Form hes in he wont exactly be missed anyway. Personally I wouldnt even consider apealing.

JimBHibees
05-03-2020, 01:30 PM
I actually think it's fully deserved and wouldn't appeal it, but is this just not exactly the thing that Morelos did earlier in the season, and on appeal it was reduced to a yellow owing to 'lack of excessive force'?

Funny that was exactly what I was thinking this morning, there is no excessive force in that at all, just very stupid. Would consider an appeal using the morelos one as a precedent.

G B Young
05-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Just watched the tv pictures of it and I wouldn't say it's especially bad, although probably avoidable. Clare seemed happy to shake hands afterwards.

flash
05-03-2020, 01:35 PM
Some of the replies on here are pretty poor. Aye he was stupid and aye he will rightly be punished but the remarks about hope it's longer are without grace or class. Hopefully he comes back determined to make amends particularly in the semi.

JimBHibees
05-03-2020, 01:37 PM
Some of the replies on here are pretty poor. Aye he was stupid and aye he will rightly be punished but the remarks about hope it's longer are without grace or class. Hopefully he comes back determined to make amends particularly in the semi.

Couldn't agree more he is the best striker we have who isn't playing particularly well which can be put down to some degree to now having played for a while. His movement and finishing are usually good and passes like the one he played to Scott Allan v ICT was excellent.

Greenbeard
05-03-2020, 01:38 PM
Funny that was exactly what I was thinking this morning, there is no excessive force in that at all, just very stupid. Would consider an appeal using the morelos one as a precedent.
I agree not excessive force. I previously called it that he stood on Clare, not a stamp. However, SFA Panels? Consistency assured? Esp when one player is one of the funny handshake brigade and one from Hibs.

Spike Mandela
05-03-2020, 01:38 PM
I disagree the boy done wrong regardless of what anyone else has done in a different game and time. Losing an appeal could mean an extended ban too. He did wrong, take the medecine and move on. Form hes in he wont exactly be missed anyway. Personally I wouldnt even consider apealing.

Disagree totally. Play the system that is there for all to use , Rangers did and clearly there IS a valid excuse that the SFA and officials accept as no action was taken against Morelos , so there is precedent.

Hibs have been doormats for too long, ignore the pun:wink:, . Irrespective of how out of form McNulty may be, we need as many strikers as we can get. No point taking the moral high ground when other clubs are pissing all over it.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Some of the replies on here are pretty poor. Aye he was stupid and aye he will rightly be punished but the remarks about hope it's longer are without grace or class. Hopefully he comes back determined to make amends particularly in the semi.Agree with this, he's definitely a good player and scorer but a few games out just now isn't a disaster on recent showings and hopefully he comes back with a point to prove.

JimBHibees
05-03-2020, 01:39 PM

Him being out only leaves us with 2 fit strikers one being a young player making his way in the game. Would definitely appeal if we have a chance of getting it overturned.

Lancs Harp
05-03-2020, 01:41 PM
Disagree totally. Play the system that is there for all to use , Rangers did and clearly there IS a valid excuse that the SFA and officials accept as no action was taken against Morelos , so there is prevedent.

Hibs have been doormats for too long, ignore the pun:wink:, . Irrespective of how out of form McNulty may be, we need as many strikers as we can get. No point taking the moral high ground when other clubs are pissing all over it.

Its all about opinions mate. Im sticking to mine, he deserved a retrospective punishment just for the sheer stupidity of the act, what on earth was going through his head? Hopefully he will have learned his lesson regardless on what ban he gets/doesnt get.

Lancs Harp
05-03-2020, 01:42 PM

Has anyone said they hope the ban is longer?

JimBHibees
05-03-2020, 02:10 PM
Has anyone said they hope the ban is longer?

2 on the first page of the thread.

Inconsequential
05-03-2020, 02:27 PM
2 on the first page of the thread. Correct JimB! While not actually saying they hope it was longer the suggestion was there. On the first page as previously described. Whether these comments were tongue in cheek or an attempt at humour it remains to be seen.

Sudds_1
05-03-2020, 02:27 PM
Just watched the tv pictures of it and I wouldn't say it's especially bad, although probably avoidable. Clare seemed happy to shake hands afterwards.

Also on his feet really quickly after rolling about like he'd been shot.🤔

jeffers
05-03-2020, 02:29 PM
Not defending his actions the other night but some piss poor comments regarding MM on here. Considering when he signed again he said it was in part due to the Hibs fans messaging him on social media and feeling wanted. Fast forward a month and he’s a rat, a waste of space and let’s play Gullan for the rest of the season despite not having started a game for us yet.

Yes he’s not hit the heights he is capable of but he’s a a good player who is quicker than Doidge, a more intelligent player and a better finisher IMO.

wookie70
05-03-2020, 02:30 PM
Fair punishment for a cowardly and unprofessional attack. I hope Jamie takes his chance and McNulty screws the nut

InchHibby
05-03-2020, 02:41 PM
I would play Gullan alongside Doidge for at least the next three games then take it from there.

JimBHibees
05-03-2020, 02:43 PM
Not defending his actions the other night but some piss poor comments regarding MM on here. Considering when he signed again he said it was in part due to the Hibs fans messaging him on social media and feeling wanted. Fast forward a month and he’s a rat, a waste of space and let’s play Gullan for the rest of the season despite not having started a game for us yet.

Yes he’s not hit the heights he is capable of but he’s a a good player who is quicker than Doidge, a more intelligent player and a better finisher IMO.

Totally agree a very good player who could easily be a match winner in the semi final. Yes he has struggled a bit since he came back however even allowing for the opposition his finishing and movement in the BSC game showed exactly the quality he can provide. A wee bit of patience and support required.

Vault Boy
05-03-2020, 02:44 PM
For as stupid as that stamp was, we will still miss McNulty. It's an exciting chance for Gullan, however we don't have any alternatives up front now, and we've played our best football this season with two up top.

Whether or not you're still so raging about Tuesday that you can't help but jab the stick into McNulty, it's objectively not good for us. Completely deserved, though.

Hopefully Hammer can step up. Big chance for the guy.

Inconsequential
05-03-2020, 03:06 PM
Also on his feet really quickly after rolling about like he'd been shot.🤔 That maybe so but McNulty stood on the player of that there is no doubt. Studded football boots on the player's back not pleasant. Folk hero Ivan Sproule was sent off for similar.

Tyler Durden
05-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Pundits who should know better have confused people by referencing “Excessive force” in similar incidents.

“Excessive force” is relevant in a tackle, for example Porto’s red card challenge on Barisic. There is no justification for kicking someone off the ball or standing on someone. The very act of doing so, is excessive and unnecessary!

Only in Scotland do you hear such nonsense arguments

delbert
05-03-2020, 03:28 PM
For as stupid as that stamp was, we will still miss McNulty. It's an exciting chance for Gullan, however we don't have any alternatives up front now, and we've played our best football this season with two up top.

Whether or not you're still so raging about Tuesday that you can't help but jab the stick into McNulty, it's objectively not good for us. Completely deserved, though.

Hopefully Hammer can step up. Big chance for the guy.

Sorry but I disagree, we certainly won’t miss the McNulty who completely failed to turn up at all in the Derby, he wasn’t alone, but hopefully during his enforced break he can knuckle down and perhaps lose the extra half stone which he appears to be carrying and find some of the form he showed in his first stint here.

Roxyhibee
05-03-2020, 04:09 PM
I’m kind of hoping the stamp played strongly on his mind afterwards, knowing he wasn’t going to get away with it and his name was going to be all over it in the following days, resulting in him playing particularly poor on a night when they all were. Marc was really static and unimaginative for the remainder of the time he was on (should have been hooked at HT) and I think (hoping) he’ll come back from that better and start banging them in again.

WeeRussell
05-03-2020, 04:12 PM
Fair punishment for a cowardly and unprofessional attack. I hope Jamie takes his chance and McNulty screws the nut

Spot on.

hfc rd
05-03-2020, 04:15 PM
A two match ban is very lenient to what he done. It was stupidity beyond belief.

Really hope Hammer takes his chance now!

Since452
05-03-2020, 04:30 PM
McNulty will be lucky if he's playing on Saturday. Gullans chance

Not In The Know
05-03-2020, 04:35 PM
He deserves it.

I think the problem is he's a bit to hungry these days....

Gloucester Hibs
05-03-2020, 04:36 PM
I think the problem is he's a bit to hungry these days....

😂

Vault Boy
05-03-2020, 04:37 PM
Sorry but I disagree, we certainly won’t miss the McNulty who completely failed to turn up at all in the Derby, he wasn’t alone, but hopefully during his enforced break he can knuckle down and perhaps lose the extra half stone which he appears to be carrying and find some of the form he showed in his first stint here.

We only have two available strikers now, or course we'll miss him. I agree he was poor on Tuesday (who wasn't?) but from the point of view of squad balance, a team that plays two up front not having a substitute striker available means he will be a miss for us.

He's not been superb, but he got a good assist against Inverness and scored a good goal against County, but above all else - he's a striker, something we're lacking.

I hope he uses his time out to reflect too.

Wheat Hound
05-03-2020, 05:47 PM
https://t.co/1qT7rFaH1l?amp=1

Hibs accept the ban. MM misses Dons and St J games

ancient hibee
05-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Pat Stanton was trotting across the pitch against Rangers when Derek Johnstone lay in his path.So Pat naturally used Johnstone’s bum as a stepping stone.He leapt to his feet in a ponderous sort of way but decided,wisely,not to make anything of it.Needless to say the crowd(it was at ER)thought it was very funny.It wasn’t mentioned in the papers.Changed days.

O'Rourke3
05-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Wasn't sure what had happened at the time other than it looked like McNulty did something.
At the time I thought it was payback for Claire terrible late unpunished challenge on Paul Hanlon very early doors. Can't see that mentioned anywhere. Saw the pictures yesterday and anticipated a ban for Sparky.

Hibs4185
05-03-2020, 06:22 PM
We won’t miss him that’s for sure.

Silver lining is that it might give Gullan to a chance to shine if he gets the chance

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 06:26 PM
This “won’t miss him” is such a narrow view ...he has been a first pick for a reason ..the players will miss him . That’s for sure ..

Of course we are lucky we have Gullan.. i hope Jamie steps up and does the business..but away at Aberdeen would have been a game we want McNulty playing in ...

Southernhibee
05-03-2020, 06:33 PM
Pat Stanton was trotting across the pitch against Rangers when Derek Johnstone lay in his path.So Pat naturally used Johnstone’s bum as a stepping stone.He leapt to his feet in a ponderous sort of way but decided,wisely,not to make anything of it.Needless to say the crowd(it was at ER)thought it was very funny.It wasn’t mentioned in the papers.Changed days.

wasn’t Pat Stanton it was Jackie mcNamara

Jim44
05-03-2020, 06:38 PM
McNulty’s stupidity, combined with his unwelcome comments about his ‘unfinished business’ at Coventry make me wonder if his heads in the wrong place at the moment.

Keith_M
05-03-2020, 06:45 PM
And quite right as well.

If he'd concentrated more on trying to score goals, maybe we wouldn't have lost.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 06:46 PM
This “won’t miss him” is such a narrow view ...he has been a first pick for a reason ..the players will miss him . That’s for sure ..

Of course we are lucky we have Gullan.. i hope Jamie steps up and does the business..but away at Aberdeen would have been a game we want McNulty playing in ...

Sorry cannot agree

He has not really been very good since coming back apart from BSC away

Looks slow unfit and behind the pace

He is half the player he was last time and even then I was not too fussed if he came back or not

No way will we be paying Reading their asking price

He has no one to blame but himself for his actions as others have said maybe his two game ban will give him time to re-evaluate his second spell at HIBS and how he can put his career back on track

B.H.F.C
05-03-2020, 06:47 PM
We will miss him in the sense that we have very little in the way of options in that position. I’d have dropped him anyway, but I’d still rather he was available.

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Sorry cannot agree

He has not really been very good since coming back apart from BSC away

Looks slow unfit and behind the pace

He is half the player he was last time and even then I was not too fussed if he came back or not

No way will we be paying Reading their asking price

He has no one to blame but himself for his actions as others have said maybe his two game ban will give him time to re-evaluate his second spell at HIBS and how he can put his career back on track

Well, we disagree ..more importantly so does Ross Jack....

The way people are isolating him for his stupid action stuns me a little ..it is rare that I’ve seen Hibs fans hang one of their own out like this ..can’t wait until he knocks another few goals in and see the comments on here

Smartie
05-03-2020, 06:50 PM

I know what you mean.

I’m not going to argue that he’s been playing well - he’s not - but he’s still been doing a job, playing on the shoulder of the last defender and pulling defenders about with his movement. That helps a lot of our other players, especially the likes of Doidge, Boyle and Allan.

Gullan has shown promise and deserves a chance but the clamour for an experienced pro to be replaced by a relatively untried youngster is maybe a bit over the top.

I’ve almost got through this post without mentioning the infamous “unseen work” ...

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 06:52 PM
I know what you mean.

I’m not going to argue that he’s been playing well - he’s not - but he’s still been doing a job, playing on the shoulder of the last defender and pulling defenders about with his movement. That helps a lot of our other players, especially the likes of Doidge, Boyle and Allan.

Gullan has shown promise and deserves a chance but the clamour for an experienced pro to be replaced by a relatively untried youngster is maybe a bit over the top.

I’ve almost got through this post without mentioning the infamous “unseen work” ...

Some balanced analysis at last [emoji119]. Lol @ unseen world :-).

Keith_M
05-03-2020, 06:53 PM

The way people are isolating him for his stupid action stuns me a little ..it is rare that I’ve seen Hibs fans hang one of their own out like this ..can’t wait until he knocks another few goals in and see the comments on here

What does Ross Jack have to do with it?

:confused:

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 06:55 PM
What does Ross Jack have to do with it?

:confused:

Hahaha. Fair point

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 07:05 PM

We do disagree and I am sure we have disagreed on this point before

I must admit I am slightly surprised that Jack Ross chooses to play a player he would not select for League 1 Sunderland

My point is nothing to do with his stupid stamp on Clare it is his form and goals in the League since returning which has been poor 1:6

Nothing would please me more than Marc McNulty rapping in the goals but he is now down to two games before the split and the semi final to find his shooting boots

So far its a no from me

IIRC he went two months without scoring last season as well

He runs about a lot with no end product

wookie70
05-03-2020, 08:16 PM

Johnstone lying down was too high to jump over and it was about a 20 yard detour to run round him.

Chorley Hibee
05-03-2020, 08:28 PM
https://t.co/1qT7rFaH1l?amp=1

Hibs accept the ban. MM misses Dons and St J games

Pissed off with that, especially when there is a clear precedent with the Morelos incident.

SFA happy to apply different rules to different teams once again, and Hibs seemingly happy to accept that fact.

Doormats was the correct phrase used earlier.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 08:32 PM
Remember Alex Edwards running across a prostrate Alex MacDonald after MacDonald had tried to foul him

Wee Mickey just made a beeline for the tunnel without waiting on the red leaving Wee Doddie to lift up his light blue top to examine the stud marks :greengrin

Geo_1875
05-03-2020, 08:34 PM
McNulty was silly and will be punished. However, for people to have a go at him for his form and think we'll be better without him is ridiculous. At the start of next season McNulty could be back down South, Kamberi gone to wherever, and Gullan as likely to be leading the line for Cowdenbeath than scoring for Hibs. We should be doing everything we can to support the guy and make sure he wants to be at Hibs.

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 08:41 PM
We do disagree and I am sure we have disagreed on this point before

I must admit I am slightly surprised that Jack Ross chooses to play a player he would not select for League 1 Sunderland

My point is nothing to do with his stupid stamp on Clare it is his form and goals in the League since returning which has been poor 1:6

Nothing would please me more than Marc McNulty rapping in the goals but he is now down to two games before the split and the semi final to find his shooting boots

So far its a no from me

IIRC he went two months without scoring last season as well

He runs about a lot with no end product

He played him quite a bit before he got injured...think he likes him..

I think you are under valuing his movement and runs ..makes a difference to the team..his set up for Allan last week was top notch ...think he will get a few goals before the end of the season .

Can’t recall debating it before Billy ..but wouldn’t surprise me ..

Hope I’m right - the team need both contributions..[emoji120]

pontius pilate
05-03-2020, 08:44 PM
Cant believe people want the club to challenge this as well because of a precedent by morelos, this is the review panel who still thought Keatings had dived guaranteed MM would have got a longer ban and much more than 3 matches, IMO he let himself down and his team mates down,

Hibbyradge
05-03-2020, 08:49 PM
Johnstone lying down was too high to jump over and it was about a 20 yard detour to run round him.

:hilarious

Hibbyradge
05-03-2020, 08:51 PM
Pissed off with that, especially when there is a clear precedent with the Morelos incident.

Clear precedent?

Do you think all players should be allowed to stamp on opposing players because Morelos got away with one?

Chorley Hibee
05-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Clear precedent?

Do you think all players should be allowed to stamp on opposing players because Morelos got away with one?

So we just accept that the rules are applied dependent upon who it is you play for?

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 09:06 PM
He played him quite a bit before he got injured...think he likes him..

I think you are under valuing his movement and runs ..makes a difference to the team..his set up for Allan last week was top notch ...think he will get a few goals before the end of the season .

Can’t recall debating it before Billy ..but wouldn’t surprise me ..

Hope I’m right - the team need both contributions..[emoji120]

Maybe we just leave it at you rate him I don’t

I am conscious of his runs into the box dragging defenders every which way but loose

Hope you are correct in that he comes back and starts scoring regularly

Given a choice I would rather have Nisbet than McNulty next season

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 09:08 PM
Maybe we just leave it at you rate him I don’t

I am conscious of his runs into the box dragging defenders every which way but loose

Hope you are correct in that he comes back and starts scoring regularly

Given a choice I would rather have Nisbet than McNulty next season

Fair enough ...certainly seems that Hibs fancy Nisbet..suspect he’ll go down south in the summer

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Fair enough ...certainly seems that Hibs fancy Nisbet..suspect he’ll go down south in the summer
:agree:

weecounty hibby
05-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Clear precedent?

No, what should have happened was that Morelos should have been banned for two matches. But we all know that no matter how much they bleat and moan about the SFA/SPFL Der Hun get away with ****ing murder.

BILLYHIBS
06-03-2020, 06:57 AM
McNulty was silly and will be punished. However, for people to have a go at him for his form and think we'll be better without him is ridiculous. At the start of next season McNulty could be back down South, Kamberi gone to wherever, and Gullan as likely to be leading the line for Cowdenbeath than scoring for Hibs. We should be doing everything we can to support the guy and make sure he wants to be at Hibs.

Sorry but I disagree

If a player turns up looking heavy and unfit is mostly gash misses penalties takes the pish by doing a Kamberi by saying he has unfinished business at Coventry...who?

He deserves to be called out stamp or no stamp

I agree he won’t be here next season and yes he will get my support in the two games he now has left before the split the semi final and the remaining games thereafter

I watch him every week I buy my ST x2 every season donate to HSL and I am entitled to my opinion

Maybe he should prove to the fans he wants to be here by scoring goals and kissing the badge because from where I am sitting the chances of a contract offer are remote

He is probably outside our budget anyway but we can and will do better

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-03-2020, 07:25 AM
Sorry but I disagree

If a player turns up looking heavy and unfit is mostly gash misses penalties takes the pish by doing a Kamberi by saying he has unfinished business at Coventry...who?

He deserves to be called out stamp or no stamp

I agree he won’t be here next season and yes he will get my support in the two games he now has left before the split the semi final and the remaining games thereafter

I watch him every week I buy my ST x2 every season donate to HSL and I am entitled to my opinion

Maybe he should prove to the fans he wants to be here by scoring goals and kissing the badge because from where I am sitting the chances of a contract offer are remote

He is probably outside our budget anyway but we can and will do betterTotaly agree. It would have cost Hibs a lot to get him here in money, time and effort, no doubt aided with the HSL money. To repay that with a stupid 2 match ban is really poor at this stage of the season.

BILLYHIBS
06-03-2020, 07:27 AM
Totaly agree. It would have cost Hibs a lot to get him here in money, time and effort, no doubt aided with the HSL money. To repay that with a stupid 2 match ban is really poor at this stage of the season.

👍🏾

where'stheslope
06-03-2020, 11:28 AM
Also on his feet really quickly after rolling about like he'd been shot.🤔
If you look at the area of the stamp, it was directly on the transmitter that all players carry!!
It is put at the back as its the safest place except when being stamped on from above!!!
It was a stupid thing to do at the time, we would have had 2/3 of the game with 10 men!!
As it is we got lucky, the officials never seen it at the time, or heaven knows what score we could have got???
Take the punishment and move on!!!

neil7908
06-03-2020, 11:36 AM
Silly of him and ban is totally deserved. For once we have got a break from the ref in a derby and couldn't take advantage.

Given his recent form he might not be able to get back into the team.

Iggy Pope
06-03-2020, 05:11 PM
If you look at the area of the stamp, it was directly on the transmitter that all players carry!!
It is put at the back as its the safest place except when being stamped on from above!!!
It was a stupid thing to do at the time, we would have had 2/3 of the game with 10 men!!
As it is we got lucky, the officials never seen it at the time, or heaven knows what score we could have got???
Take the punishment and move on!!!

Punctuation extreme.

SquashedFrogg
06-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Punctuation extreme.

Bit harsh?????? ...

Iggy Pope
06-03-2020, 05:13 PM

You’ve not seen enough of Jamie Gullan.

BILLYHIBS
06-03-2020, 05:29 PM
You’ve not seen enough of Jamie Gullan.

Big chance for him tomorrow

Dave spart
06-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Silly of him and ban is totally deserved. For once we have got a break from the ref in a derby and couldn't take advantage.

Given his recent form he might not be able to get back into the team.
Totally agree. McNulty should have been focussing on scoring not making an erse of himself. No wonder we lost.

JimBHibees
07-03-2020, 08:44 AM
Big chance for him tomorrow

I think we might play 1 up or two wide men today.

where'stheslope
07-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Punctuation extreme.
So was the stamp!!!!!

Brooster
07-03-2020, 10:06 AM
A 2 week ban should give McNulty time to focus on his fitness. I'm convinced his lack of match fitness is behind his below par performances. Let's get up and running for the run in.

Foritza
07-03-2020, 11:11 AM
So was the stamp!!!!!
The stamp was the only thing he kicked all evening.