PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin

Tollhouse Hibee
05-03-2020, 07:08 AM
I am personally delighted to see a product of our youth system out there, playing week in, week out at a decent level. He would have made a real difference in that midfield on Tuesday night.

The Count
05-03-2020, 07:12 AM
Agree like seeing ex Hibs kids make a living out of football if they dont make it with us.

SlickShoes
05-03-2020, 07:16 AM
Another stick to beat hibs with.

I like seeing players doing well too, but he is not as good as any of our current midfield. I suppose he hasn't had a bad game since he left us....

MacGruber
05-03-2020, 07:20 AM
No idea where I heard this but remember itbis sticking in my head - heard we have a buy back option on Martin. Not for a second saying we should but just what I heard

Pretty Boy
05-03-2020, 07:29 AM
Martin showed a lot of promise when he first started making 1st team appearances. I'm sure he started the 1st game of the season the year we won promotion. For whatever reason his game time was very limited and he stagnated/stopped developing.

I'm glad to see him doing well elsewhere but it was the right decision for both parties to move on when we did.

Captain Trips
05-03-2020, 07:36 AM
I am personally delighted to see a product of our youth system out there, playing week in, week out at a decent level. He would have made a real difference in that midfield on Tuesday night.

Anyone who can breathe could have made a difference to that midfield

Scottie
05-03-2020, 07:38 AM
:tee hee:

500miles
05-03-2020, 07:45 AM
Pretty sure it was Hibs tv that said we were keeping an eye on him when we played Hamilton.

Diclonius
05-03-2020, 08:00 AM
We can always buy him back. :wink:

Tollhouse Hibee
05-03-2020, 08:07 AM
Martin showed a lot of promise when he first started making 1st team appearances. I'm sure he started the 1st game of the season the year we won promotion. For whatever reason his game time was very limited and he stagnated/stopped developing.

I'm glad to see him doing well elsewhere but it was the right decision for both parties to move on when we did.

I dont disagree - he had to move and get football under his belt - we just could do with that ball winning grit and determination alongside the more attacking, some would say work shy types, we currently have in the side.

Tollhouse Hibee
05-03-2020, 08:09 AM
Another stick to beat hibs with.

I like seeing players doing well too, but he is not as good as any of our current midfield. I suppose he hasn't had a bad game since he left us....

Not beating any sticks - just an observation, and one that i think is valid. Big Marvin Bartley would also have made a difference - we are missing a ball winner in amongst all the undoubtedly talented attack minded players.

tamig
05-03-2020, 08:32 AM

Scott Martin would get nowhere near a starting slot here. Glad he’s getting game time at Hamilton though.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 08:34 AM
Another one that was too wee? :confused:

Tollhouse Hibee
05-03-2020, 08:36 AM

It certainly wasn't lack of ability that's for sure.

500miles
05-03-2020, 03:38 PM

A bit like Omeonga, he would battle and graft, but his ball retention and passing could be hit and miss.

Smartie
05-03-2020, 04:21 PM
He’s played a decent amount of football - didn’t get much of a game for us but had a couple of loan spells and has played a lot of games at a good level for Hamilton.

It’s a lot better than players of a similar age who have sat on the sidelines for us for a few years.

I quite liked him when he played for us.

Centre Hawf
05-03-2020, 10:21 PM
I remember being annoyed that we got rid of him but not surprised. The lad was a talented laddie in any youth game I seen him play in. He deserved more of a chance than he was given at times and I remember Lennon playing him for a spell during McGinns injury in the 16/17 season and he was brilliant. He then gave an interview saying he played his way into the first team, then we never seen him again in any meaningful way. If Hamilton got relegated I'd happily bring him back and take a punt on him again with the added experience he has.

Since452
06-03-2020, 05:06 AM
Is he a player I've looked at and thought we should try and sign? No. Wouldn't be anywhere near our team.

Frankhfc
06-03-2020, 05:31 AM

:top marks

Should be much improved for Hampden after what was undoubtedly a shocking display on Tuesday that helped Hearts look way better than they actually are. We were terrible and I think we'll see a different Hibs team at the national stadium.

Mon Hibs