PDA

View Full Version : Hearts return to the bottom of the league

superfurryhibby
04-03-2020, 11:19 PM
Just thought I’d focus on some of the positives from yesterday’s games. Hearts return to the bottom and are now two points adrift. Running out of games....Jambo.

California-Hibs
05-03-2020, 01:48 AM
Improves the week slightly. As ive said on other threads, still lots to play for and the real chance of us making the Final and them getting relegated. You really think if that happens anyone will give a second thought to that horrible performance we put in the derby? Even if they stay up, win the Semi and the big bragging rights are ours.

I concede, lose that Semi and serious questions will be asked.

Lots of football still to be played between then. We dust ourselves off and go again Saturday.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2020, 02:47 AM
Before they beat Rangers in the league, I said they needed 5 or 6 wins to stay up and I stand by that.

They've won 2 games since then so I think 3 or 4 wins will be required to have any chance. They may even need 5 wins. They remain 2 wins behind St Mirren and a lot will depend on what happens next week when they play St Mirren.

Win that one and they'll probably stay up but if they lose they're in huge trouble. Hamilton's win last night was really bad news for them.

Since452
05-03-2020, 05:22 AM
Hibs and Rangers shocked at home by two teams fighting for their lives. Puts it in to perspective a wee bit

MacGruber
05-03-2020, 05:53 AM
Hibs and Rangers shocked at home by two teams fighting for their lives. Puts it in to perspective a wee bit

Sorry to be Mr negative again on this thread but it's still just rage from me, I take a bit longer to defuse.

1. Hamilton's result doesn't make me feel slightly better. It makes me feel worse. Just confirms that we missed our chance at home to all but relegate them.

2. Beaten by a team fighting for their lives!? Yeah if it wasn't the derby. The derby is a huge game the players should be giving their absolute all in any circumstance.

Still far too sore and raw to see any positives and dreading the semi (queue the slagging about my attitude but everyone's words doesn't change that reality).

Yes I know, I'll die young of a heart condition, defeatist attitude yada yada. Is what it is, still gutted from Tuesday

Sir David Gray
05-03-2020, 06:04 AM
Sorry to be Mr negative again on this thread but it's still just rage from me, I take a bit longer to defuse.

1. Hamilton's result doesn't make me feel slightly better. It makes me feel worse. Just confirms that we missed our chance at home to all but relegate them.

2. Beaten by a team fighting for their lives!? Yeah if it wasn't the derby. The derby is a huge game the players should be giving their absolute all in any circumstance.

Still far too sore and raw to see any positives and dreading the semi (queue the slagging about my attitude but everyone's words doesn't change that reality).

Yes I know, I'll die young of a heart condition, defeatist attitude yada yada. Is what it is, still gutted from Tuesday

Agreed.

What's Rangers' head to head record v Hamilton like?

Stokesy's on fire
05-03-2020, 06:07 AM
If it wasn't for us they would be long gone

Since452
05-03-2020, 06:20 AM

I agree. Just trying to make myself feel better

theonlywayisup
05-03-2020, 06:20 AM
Before they beat Rangers in the league, I said they needed 5 or 6 wins to stay up and I stand by that.

They've won 2 games since then so I think 3 or 4 wins will be required to have any chance. They may even need 5 wins. They remain 2 wins behind St Mirren and a lot will depend on what happens next week when they play St Mirren.

Win that one and they'll probably stay up but if they lose they're in huge trouble. Hamilton's win last night was really bad news for them.

Was one of their two games that they've won not The Rangers in a cup game.

Gloucester Hibs
05-03-2020, 06:21 AM

Still a chance for us to make amends on the 21st of March! 👀

Barman Stanton
05-03-2020, 06:32 AM
This week really sums up football. 2 teams fighting for their lives get shock results away from home. Rangers fans now losing their sh** like we were yesterday. Sometimes things just don’t go your way. That’s life. We move on and (hopefully) win our next game.

Zambernardi1875
05-03-2020, 06:38 AM
“If it wasn’t for the hibees you’d be down” 🎶

SideBurns
05-03-2020, 06:51 AM
I've never thought Hearts would go down, and their last 2 results have reaffirmed that belief.

However - if it is decided by goal difference and they are relegated by a single goal, I'll be saying it was Hallberg's one that did it 😁

HibbySpurs
05-03-2020, 06:54 AM

My thoughts aw well when Hamilton won, we could have hammered a great big nail in their coffin and failed to do so.

It always seems this way to me sadly, whenever they’re on their knees you can guarantee we’ll find a way to give them a boost.

What makes it worse is if the roles were reversed they would have no hesitation in kicking us when we were down.

jacomo
05-03-2020, 06:58 AM
Improves the week slightly. As ive said on other threads, still lots to play for and the real chance of us making the Final and them getting relegated. You really think if that happens anyone will give a second thought to that horrible performance we put in the derby? Even if they stay up, win the Semi and the big bragging rights are ours.

I concede, lose that Semi and serious questions will be asked.

Lots of football still to be played between then. We dust ourselves off and go again Saturday.

All fair points.

Peevemor
05-03-2020, 06:59 AM
My thoughts aw well when Hamilton won, we could have hammered a great big nail in their coffin and failed to do so.

It always seems this way to me sadly, whenever they’re on their knees you can guarantee we’ll find a way to give them a boost.

What makes it worse is if the roles were reversed they would have no hesitation in kicking us when we were down.

Do you honestly think that Hibs went out their way to do Hearts a favour the other night?

NC1875
05-03-2020, 07:00 AM
Fighting for there lives or not. We are a better team and yet again in a derby, didn’t show it.

We’ve gifted them 6 out of only 22 points this season. I’d guess out of all the teams they’ve played 3 times this season they've taken most points from us over 3 games.

Barman Stanton
05-03-2020, 07:25 AM
Fighting for there lives or not. We are a better team and yet again in a derby, didn’t show it.

We’ve gifted them 6 out of only 22 points this season. I’d guess out of all the teams they’ve played 3 times this season they've taken most points from us over 3 games.

Its been days man. We need to get over it. Wallowing in self pity is helping no one and wont change the result.

Steve20
05-03-2020, 07:40 AM
No chance they will go down. They've a couple of winnable home game before the split and are better than Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County.

Waxy
05-03-2020, 07:45 AM
No chance they will go down. They've a couple of winnable home game before the split and are better than Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County.

Well they all seem to have upped their game at the foot.

Barman Stanton
05-03-2020, 07:45 AM

They likely wont now, but saying no chance is absolute rubbish. Of course they can go down, they are 2 points adrift and the teams above them are picking up points.

Peevemor
05-03-2020, 07:47 AM

Hearts have managed wins in the league against Sevco & us but have struggled against everyone else.

Nobody expected Hamiton's win last night.

When we went down we went months needing just 1 win to avoid the play offs and then eventually took a 2-0 lead into our home leg of the play off final.

If I was forced to bet on it I'd say Hearts will stay up, but nothing's done yet.

cabbageandribs1875
05-03-2020, 07:48 AM
“If it wasn’t for the hibees you’d be down” 🎶

😄

so true, and a lttle ditty they can join in with

jacomo
05-03-2020, 07:49 AM

It’s a sucker punch to be sure. If Hearts had only 16 or 17 points they would have thrown in the towel already.

We’ve been very generous.

NC1875
05-03-2020, 10:56 AM
It’s a sucker punch to be sure. If Hearts had only 16 or 17 points they would have thrown in the towel already.

We’ve been very generous.

Yip, Like I thought, we’ve gifted them the most points. Only St Mirren will have dropped more points to them in 3 games if they lose there rearranged game against them before the split.

Celtic - 0 points
Rangers - 4 points
Motherwell - 0 points with 1 game to play
Aberdeen - 1 point with 1 game to play
Livi - 2 points with 1 game to play
Killie - 0 points
St. Johnstone - 1 point
Ross County - 2 points with a game to play
St Mirren - 4 points with a game to play
Hamilton - 2 points

And Hibs - 6 points. Absolute joke.

On the plus side, they’ve only taken 9 points from 10 games against all the teams they still have to play before the split.

Sammy7nil
05-03-2020, 11:14 AM

Rangers and Hibs fighting alongside Hearts to keep them in the league gifting them 10 points :boo hoo:

EAZY-ME
05-03-2020, 11:21 AM
We just can't help gifting them points...... fair play to then though that second goal was just stunning.....halbergs pile driver was something else as well

Diclonius
05-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Us finishing top or bottom six could be the difference between them staying up. We'd probably dispatch Hamilton and St Mirren and lose to them at Tynecastle.

HibeeHibernian4
05-03-2020, 11:46 AM
Yip, Like I thought, we’ve gifted them the most points. Only St Mirren will have dropped more points to them in 3 games if they lose there rearranged game against them before the split.

Celtic - 0 points
Rangers - 4 points
Motherwell - 0 points with 1 game to play
Aberdeen - 1 point with 1 game to play
Livi - 2 points with 1 game to play
Killie - 0 points
St. Johnstone - 1 point
Ross County - 2 points with a game to play
St Mirren - 4 points with a game to play
Hamilton - 2 points

And Hibs - 6 points. Absolute joke.

On the plus side, they’ve only taken 9 points from 10 games against all the teams they still have to play before the split.

Makes me sick reading that.

Keith_M
05-03-2020, 07:04 PM

Exactly.

Two of their four wins have been against us..... That's utterly appalling.

Diclonius
05-03-2020, 07:06 PM
If we'd won both derbies at Easter Road we'd be two points behind Motherwell in third and they'd be six points adrift.

Keith_M
05-03-2020, 07:08 PM
If we'd won both derbies at Easter Road we'd be two points behind Motherwell in third and they'd be six points adrift.

If we'd even drawn both of them, they'd now be 6 points adrift at the bottom of the league

Sir David Gray
05-03-2020, 07:22 PM
Was one of their two games that they've won not The Rangers in a cup game.

They also beat Rangers in the league 2-1 in January.

It was before that game that I felt they needed to win 5 or 6 games to stay up.

Since I said that, they've won 2 league games and still find themselves 2 points adrift at the bottom of the table.

I feel they need 3 or 4 wins to be certain of staying up. They still have St Mirren to play twice and Hamilton once so if they can win those 3 games I feel that may be enough for them. Next week's game at St Mirren is massive.

Smartie
05-03-2020, 07:27 PM

Since I said that, they've won 2 league games and still find themselves 2 points adrift at the bottom of the table.

I feel they need 3 or 4 wins to be certain of staying up. They still have St Mirren to play twice and Hamilton once so if they can win those 3 games I feel that may be enough for them. Next week's game at St Mirren is massive.

Rangers and ourselves have played into their hands. We’ve gone into the game expecting to win and have attempted to control possession, control the game and win easy.

Their results have been stinking against the teams around them and it will be interesting to see how they cope when they have to come out and attack a team that sits in - a situation that has led to very little joy for them all season.

Loads still to play for this season, it’s certainly an interesting one.

emerald green
05-03-2020, 07:33 PM

:agree: That's one of the main reasons why many Hibs supporters were/are so angry and pissed off by Tuesday night's performance.

Captain Trips
05-03-2020, 07:33 PM
Quite demoralizing though when you think you have gained only for the next night the team right above you pull a result out. :greengrin

emerald green
05-03-2020, 07:40 PM
Great result for Hamilton Accies. It piles the pressure back onto the Yams. They are not out of the s*** yet. Pleasing.

Lago
05-03-2020, 08:49 PM
If we'd even drawn both of them, they'd now be 6 points adrift at the bottom of the league
Life is full of what if.s

G B Young
05-03-2020, 09:04 PM

It was the postponement of that St Mirren game which has ended up working in their favour as it allowed Stendel time to change tack. Pity it was called off in hindsight.

Mind you, as you point out they're still bottom of the table so they've by no means salvaged things yet.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2020, 09:23 PM
It was the postponement of that St Mirren game which has ended up working in their favour as it allowed Stendel time to change tack. Pity it was called off in hindsight.

Mind you, as you point out they're still bottom of the table so they've by no means salvaged things yet.

Since the postponement, they've beaten a Rangers team in the cup that's in total disarray at the moment and a Hibs team that put in a shocking derby performance. I wouldn't say they've turned things around just yet. Motherwell appear to be getting their act together again so it will be interesting to see what happens when Hearts play them at the weekend.

If Hearts win that one then I may concede that they've turned a corner.

Not many teams have been bottom in March and avoided relegation.