PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

500miles
04-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Missing from the squad entirely last night. Interestingly, he has featured in every league win this season.

A frustrating player, but it was clear we were looking for a midfielder to pluck the ball out of the air and come away from a ruck of opposition players while keeping possession. Too frantic with Omeonga and Docherty trying to force the ball forward.

Sgt. Hartman
04-03-2020, 08:12 PM
Missing from the squad entirely last night. Interestingly, he has featured in every league win this season.

A frustrating player, but it was clear we were looking for a midfielder to pluck the ball out of the air and come away from a ruck of opposition players while keeping possession. Too frantic with Omeonga and Docherty trying to force the ball forward.

A very very frustrating player to watch, because he is clearly a very talented boy. I just wish he could add a bit more consistency and dig to his game and he could be a very important player for us moving forward.

I'm not so sure if Jack Ross has much confidence in either him or Hallberg as both have not managed to hold down their positions in the starting line-up.

Smartie
04-03-2020, 08:13 PM

He is a frustratingly inconsistent player, but not one you see getting caught in possession often (a regular theme last night).

Slivka is good at knowing how much time he’s likely to get on the ball before moving it on. His most recent performance at Easter Road was very ragged but he might be worth considering again.

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 10:19 PM
He is a frustratingly inconsistent player, but not one you see getting caught in possession often (a regular theme last night).

Slivka is good at knowing how much time he’s likely to get on the ball before moving it on. His most recent performance at Easter Road was very ragged but he might be worth considering again.

Naw leave him in the stand, an imposter with the heart of a mouse

Greenbeard
04-03-2020, 10:51 PM
Not suited to the sort of game as last night. In fact just not suited to the Scottish game.
Could see him doing well in 30C+ heat when the game is way slower.

CMurdoch
04-03-2020, 10:56 PM

IMO Docherty plays better when partnered with Slivka than with Omeonga.
A much more ordered player which suits Docherty.
Think he must be injured as Ross tends to play him when available.

Vault Boy
05-03-2020, 01:59 AM
Hallberg made more of an impact than any other Hibs player on Tuesday, could be worthy of a start.

Smartie
05-03-2020, 04:41 AM
Not suited to the sort of game as last night. In fact just not suited to the Scottish game.
Could see him doing well in 30C+ heat when the game is way slower.

We had a midfield who we all thought would be suited to that game - but weren’t.

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2020, 05:33 AM

Such rubbish. Anything but an imposter. Very talented player.

Since452
05-03-2020, 05:53 AM
We could have done with him on Tuesday

J-C
05-03-2020, 05:54 AM
2.5 years to cement a place as a regular starter and hasn't improved one bit, fairly talented but not suited to our game, you can see why he was signed but just doesn't have it.

Steve88
05-03-2020, 06:09 AM
Average player. Unable to perform consistently. Not good enough to add value to the hibs squad in terms of too 4 finishes/Europe/good cup runs consistently

Really like the guy.

Fans need to start being a lot more objective with their decision making.

We have high ambitions. Unfortunately we can’t be throwing the arm around average players

Heisenberg
05-03-2020, 06:29 AM
Such rubbish. Anything but an imposter. Very talented player.

He’s a very talented player one in every four or five games imo, which is what makes him so frustrating. If he was as good as you make out he’d have cemented a place in the team by now.

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2020, 06:33 AM
He’s a very talented player one in every four or five games imo, which is what makes him so frustrating. If he was as good as you make out he’d have cemented a place in the team by now.

Right, im not making out he is good or bad but calling him an imposter is absolutely wrong.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 06:35 AM
Gonna need every player we have before the end of the season

Its a squad game now

After that?

Rumours are he is no signing anyway

His choice

Brightside
05-03-2020, 07:06 AM
Hallberg made more of an impact than any other Hibs player on Tuesday, could be worthy of a start.

Until he has one bad game and there will be a thread saying he’s not good enough and the recruitment dept needs a kicking

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 07:11 AM
Slivka is one of those players who gets better in fans minds the more he doesn’t play..then he plays 2-3 games and people realise what we have seen over many games now ..he is technically good, yet a mixed performer...often doesn’t impact games in a way that’s needed

Callum_62
05-03-2020, 08:19 AM
At this point id rather have Slivka on the bench than Fraser Murray to be fair

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

McKenzie
05-03-2020, 11:47 AM
Game was actually crying out for him it was sad to watch. Boy gets slaughtered every week yet rarely wastes possession. Will never be a scott Allan or iniesta with creative passes but the boy keeps it ticking over. Every team needs it in midfield, shame most of our support would rather Steph who can run a lot

jacomo
05-03-2020, 12:23 PM
Gonna need every player we have before the end of the season

Its a squad game now

After that?

Rumours are he is no signing anyway

His choice

You don’t know what terms we’ve offered though.

Easy to say that a player has refused a new contract, but if the terms of that contract are worse than their current deal, why would they sign it?

I have no idea whether Hibs have made a big effort to retain him or not. I think this might just be one of those signings that doesn’t work out as hoped.

Broken Gnome
05-03-2020, 12:34 PM
He was so bad against Hamilton he would've fitted in nicely on Tuesday night.

Since then, really good against Ross County, 6/10 Kilmarnock, not great by all accounts against Livi. For those three league games he was still part of a team that took 7/9 points, so as much as people may think he's pish it could be that as long as he's playing moderately well he's a good fit for that midfield.

calumhibee1
05-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Game was actually crying out for him it was sad to watch. Boy gets slaughtered every week yet rarely wastes possession. Will never be a scott Allan or iniesta with creative passes but the boy keeps it ticking over. Every team needs it in midfield, shame most of our support would rather Steph who can run a lot

It doesn’t really matter who our support would prefer, it’s who the manager prefers. We don’t pick the team. And 3 managers now have generally not fancied him. Says a lot really.

Greenbeard
05-03-2020, 12:45 PM
He was so bad against Hamilton he would've fitted in nicely on Tuesday night.

Since then, really good against Ross County, 6/10 Kilmarnock, not great by all accounts against Livi. For those three league games he was still part of a team that took 7/9 points, so as much as people may think he's pish it could be that as long as he's playing moderately well he's a good fit for that midfield.
6/10 v Killie? :faf:

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 01:21 PM
You don’t know what terms we’ve offered though.

Easy to say that a player has refused a new contract, but if the terms of that contract are worse than their current deal, why would they sign it?

I have no idea whether Hibs have made a big effort to retain him or not. I think this might just be one of those signings that doesn’t work out as hoped.

How do you know I don’t know the terms of his new contract?

Slivka has refused to sign the new contract offered to him

Posted on here by Green Castle on 16/2/2020 in the SLivka thread

It is now a HIBS.net FACT and that is good enough for me :greengrin

:hibees

McKenzie
05-03-2020, 03:58 PM
It doesn’t really matter who our support would prefer, it’s who the manager prefers. We don’t pick the team. And 3 managers now have generally not fancied him. Says a lot really.

As mentioned above, he has played a lot under Jack Ross. I’m sure that he will play a fair few games more this season as he is a much needed presence in there just now

WeeRussell
05-03-2020, 04:10 PM
Right, im not making out he is good or bad but calling him an imposter is absolutely wrong.

“Very talented” would suggest making out he’s good?

Which I don’t necessarily disagree with by the way.

ekhibee
05-03-2020, 05:02 PM
He consistently underperformed and for that reason it annoys me that is still at the club, for me his contribution just doesn't merit it IMO. If Ron Gordon is serious about maintaining a strong team that consistently finishes in the top 4 we will need to strengthen up, and he's certainly not the first name that comes to mind in respect of that.

EI255
05-03-2020, 05:11 PM
He'll be away in May [emoji1151] [emoji2772]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
05-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Comes in, looks the part and has us all believing we’re started by to see the quality player that many feel he can be, then he throws in some absolute stinkers going from one extreme to another.
I always give him the benefit of the doubt but every chance he has to stake a claim for a regular start he finds a way to undo it. And he’s had no shortage of chances.

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2020, 07:03 PM
“Very talented” would suggest making out he’s good?

Which I don’t necessarily disagree with by the way.

You can be talented without being good. He has talent with the ball, he probably lacks the mental attributes to make him a really good player.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 07:37 PM
You can be talented without being good. He has talent with the ball, he probably lacks the mental attributes to make him a really good player.
:agree:

If he had the X FACTOR he would be at Juve not HIBS

We all know there is a good player lurking in there somewhere it only comes out in glimpses for a short period of time then disappears for a couple of games without sustaining that undoubted class consistently for any prolonged length of time

I am sure Juventus recognised this failing and that is why they decided to move him on

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2020, 07:50 PM
:agree:

If he had the X FACTOR he would be at Juve not HIBS

We all know there is a good player lurking in there somewhere it only comes out in glimpses for a short period of time then disappears for a couple of games without sustaining that undoubted class consistently for any prolonged length of time

I am sure Juventus recognised this failing and that is why they decided to move him on

The Juventus thing is a bit of a nonsense IMO. He was never going to make it there, that isn't his fault in the slighest. The top 1% of the top 1% play there. I don't think he was moved on because of his failings, he was moved on because he wasn't the level of Miralem Pjanic or Paulo Dybala. Thats nothing to be ashamed of.

Slivka will have a good career, he is still young and definitely has talent. He scored some absolutely vital and fantastic goals here and he'll be fondly remembered by me.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 08:00 PM
The Juventus thing is a bit of a nonsense IMO. He was never going to make it there, that isn't his fault in the slighest. The top 1% of the top 1% play there. I don't think he was moved on because of his failings, he was moved on because he wasn't the level of Miralem Pjanic or Paulo Dybala. Thats nothing to be ashamed of.

Slivka will have a good career, he is still young and definitely has talent. He scored some absolutely vital and fantastic goals here and he'll be fondly remembered by me.
:confused:

Point out where I said it was his fault ?

He was moved on for whatever reason he was deemed not good enough

There is no doubt he is an enigma and can be a very good player when in the mood and yes he has chipped in with a few vital goals for us in big games but his chances with us are getting less and less and will no doubt not be here come August for the same reasons as Juve but on a lesser scale unless JR has a change of heart or SLivka gets a chance and turns into a superstar overnight

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2020, 08:02 PM
:confused:

Point out where I said it was his fault ?

He was moved on for whatever reason he was deemed not good enough

There is no doubt he is an enigma and can be a very good player when in the mood and yes he has chipped in with a few vital goals for us in big games but his chances with us are getting less and less and will no doubt not be here come August for the same reasons as Juve but on a lesser scale unless JR has a change of heart or SLivka gets a chance and turns into a superstar overnight

I just meant in general, wasn't aimed at you.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 08:05 PM
I just meant in general, wasn't aimed at you.
Cool