PDA

View Full Version : Fans filming the away end

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2020, 07:49 PM
A few videos on social media of them celebrating their goals, filmed from the Hibs stands.

A few could be undercover yams, but at least one was a Hibs fan filming for his YouTube.

Not trying to sound like a w***, but why would you want to film the opposition fans celebrating a goal against you, I understand folk want to give their reviews of games and use YouTube as a platform to do so but it’s essentially shooting ourselves in the foot if you’re giving them different angles of them celebrating, just so they can share it amongst themselves, bit of common sense eh.

If you’re one of these people, use your noggin in future.

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 07:54 PM
A few videos on social media of them celebrating their goals, filmed from the Hibs stands.

A few could be undercover yams, but at least one was a Hibs fan filming for his YouTube.

Not trying to sound like a w***, but why would you want to film the opposition fans celebrating a goal against you, I understand folk want to give their reviews of games and use YouTube as a platform to do so but it’s essentially shooting ourselves in the foot if you’re giving them different angles of them celebrating, just so they can share it amongst themselves, bit of common sense eh.

Some of our wee snowflakes within the support, no idea of what a derby means and they grun ts celebrating in our manor, absolute tossers

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 07:57 PM

No self-respecting Hibs fan should be filming any away fans, especially not that lot, no matter the reason. It’s actually embarrassing, scrambling for ‘content’ so you film your rivals celebrating pumping you at your home ground? Get the **** out of here.

oldbutdim
04-03-2020, 07:57 PM

Quite weird behaviour.

Unless it was to evidence the diet hun flags etc to show them up?

Kojock
04-03-2020, 08:03 PM
The girl is couple of rows in front of me in the west upper was filming the away end celebrating. It was obvious she was posting it on some social media platform.

hibbydad
04-03-2020, 08:18 PM
This happened in the west lower as well 3 guys in row L 114,115,116 we challenged them and they claimed they were germans also claimed they had been given tickets by a good friend I intend to email the ticket office about it.

CloudSquall
04-03-2020, 08:19 PM
It's all about those likes on social media these days I'm afraid.

hibbydad
04-03-2020, 08:23 PM
Can't help feeling that segregation is not working properly

superfurryhibby
04-03-2020, 08:24 PM
This happened in the west lower as well 3 guys in row L 114,115,116 we challenged them and they claimed they were germans also claimed they had been given tickets by a good friend I intend to email the ticket office about it.

Why, surely it was obvious from how they spoke if they were or not?

Iggy Pope
04-03-2020, 08:28 PM
The girl is couple of rows in front of me in the west upper was filming the away end celebrating. It was obvious she was posting it on some social media platform.

Does this weirdo sit there every home game?

Since452
04-03-2020, 08:31 PM
If you've not taken videos of the game and a few selfies, were you even at the game?

hibbydad
04-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Why, surely it was obvious from how they spoke if they were or not?
Their english was very good. I really think we are not strict enough about tickets

Frazerbob
04-03-2020, 09:00 PM
Their english was very good. I really think we are not strict enough about tickets

Why would Hearts fans buy tickets in our end when their tickets went on general sale and only sold out the day before? Previous game at ER they didn’t sell out.

son of haggart
04-03-2020, 09:03 PM

JXM73
04-03-2020, 09:04 PM
Wee mental kid in block 2 filming them, but he's nuts...poor keith wright has to sit next to him...

mcohibs
04-03-2020, 09:05 PM

Family of Herr Stendel perhaps?

Did they barely open their eyes and slaver all over their pus when they talked?

hibbydad
04-03-2020, 09:07 PM
No accent I also believe there were jambos elsewhere including hospitality

-Jonesy-
04-03-2020, 09:07 PM
Seen this too in the west lower above the tunnel, at least 5 or 6 groups of people filming the yam support and waiting phones posed for the final whistle to catch the reaction. Think it was mostly tourists but it’s still piss poor so I made sure to get in the frame and give a healthy **** the hearts as I was leaving after the final whistle.

Think it explain the pretty flat atmosphere for the whole game at that part of the stand as well

hibbydad
04-03-2020, 09:08 PM
Seen this too in the west lower above the tunnel, at least 5 or 6 groups of people filming the yam support and waiting phones posed for the final whistle to catch the reaction. Think it was mostly tourists but it’s still piss poor so I made sure to get in the frame and give a healthy **** the hearts as I was leaving after the final whistle.

Think it explain the pretty flat atmosphere for the whole game at that part of the stand as well
Well done Jonsey

Carheenlea
04-03-2020, 09:22 PM
It's all about those likes on social media these days I'm afraid.

In a nutshell. The younger generation would probably not bat an eyelid at filming away fans celebrating, and would maybe piece the footage in on their Instagram story or YouTube video to highlight a highly miserable night at the football.

An unfathomable thing to do for old duffers but completely acceptable and normal for them. What it should be really.

Itsnoteasy
04-03-2020, 09:26 PM

So they were filming the away fans celebrating, bit weird.

They were given tickets by a good friend, as was I for the match.

At no point have you said they were causing trouble, were celebrating Hertz scoring blah blah blah.

So why would you be contacting the ticket office with regards to them.

I have also attended games in the Bundesliga & filmed home & away fans celebrating.

Do you think it would have bothered you as much if we had pumped them last night.

I dinnae think so.

Vini1875
04-03-2020, 10:46 PM
A lot of money to be made on things like Instagram and YouTube. It is the same everywhere, you can see lots of footage of Hibs fans at away games clearly filmed from the home stands.

Greenbeard
05-03-2020, 12:03 AM
Weird post.
Do you think it inconceivable that some Hertz folk attended the match in the company of Hibees? Or neutrals/vistors attracted to a lively local derby. Big deal. Plenty more to be concerned about e.g hunners n hunners of Hibs "fans" leaving at 0-2 with more than 20 minutes to go.

Mantis Toboggan
05-03-2020, 12:35 AM
Weird post.
Do you think it inconceivable that some Hertz folk attended the match in the company of Hibees? Or neutrals/vistors attracted to a lively local derby. Big deal. Plenty more to be concerned about e.g hunners n hunners of Hibs "fans" leaving at 0-2 with more than 20 minutes to go.

Absolutely. Have taken hearts supporting pals in with me several times and will do so again in future. Nothing wrong with it at all.

CMurdoch
05-03-2020, 12:48 AM

That just makes you sound a bit mental.
Have you got a banjo?

CMurdoch
05-03-2020, 12:52 AM
So they were filming the away fans celebrating, bit weird.

They were given tickets by a good friend, as was I for the match.

At no point have you said they were causing trouble, were celebrating Hertz scoring blah blah blah.

So why would you be contacting the ticket office with regards to them.

I have also attended games in the Bundesliga & filmed home & away fans celebrating.

Do you think it would have bothered you as much if we had pumped them last night.

I dinnae think so.

I saw that on a German teams fans forum.
They were complaining about a massive bloke filming the away fans celebrating :wink:

wpj
05-03-2020, 01:25 AM
I spent years in Dusseldorf, no hearts there just a Matty Jack love in.
This is how to party, even some of this was even filmed in the lower league. The train station segment is amazing.

https://youtu.be/dAH-qe-Qkmk

lyonhibs
05-03-2020, 07:42 AM
Folk who spend their time filming a football match whilst it's still underway are absolute weirdos whatever they happen to be filming. Like people who travel and experience great sights via their iPad screen.

Yorkshire HFC
05-03-2020, 07:46 AM
Folk who spend their time filming a football match whilst it's still underway are absolute weirdos whatever they happen to be filming. Like people who travel and experience great sights via their iPad screen.

I went to see the Rolling Stones last year - woman near me recorded the majority of the show. Weird.

Peevemor
05-03-2020, 07:49 AM
And to think that there are people who complain on here that Hibs don't do enough to tap into the tourist market... :rolleyes:

Smartie
05-03-2020, 07:51 AM
If nobody in the Hibs end had ever filmed the Jambos in their end then the world would not have been given the clip of the weirdo tumbling down the Wheatfield Stand.

CapitalGreen
05-03-2020, 08:32 AM
The game was televised live to the nation, I reckon you’re pissing against the wind of you are concerned about folk seeing Hearts fans celebrating a goal against us.

SaulGoodman
05-03-2020, 08:33 AM

So 3 guys are sitting bothering nobody, simply filming the away end and you and your group go up and “challenge” them?

CapitalGreen
05-03-2020, 08:34 AM
If nobody in the Hibs end had ever filmed the Jambos in their end then the world would not have been given the clip of the weirdo tumbling down the Wheatfield Stand.

If a Brøndby fan hadn’t been filming the Hibs end we would never have this video of the absolute carnage when David Gray scored.

https://youtu.be/jsBwEVUiQR0

danhibees1875
05-03-2020, 08:59 AM
I've no idea why anyone would care what someone else films/photographs. :confused:

I did enjoy that the people doing the filming are being called snowflakes rather than the people upset by it though. :greengrin

Captain Trips
05-03-2020, 09:06 AM
They were actually filming for David Attenboroughs next project.

CapitalGreen
05-03-2020, 09:13 AM
I've no idea why anyone would care what someone else films/photographs. :confused:

I did enjoy that the people doing the filming are being called snowflakes rather than the people upset by it though. :greengrin

:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Callum_62
05-03-2020, 09:14 AM
Definately a few snowflakes in our support

Imagine getting bothered by a few folk filming [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We lost, they were better on the night, get over it

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
05-03-2020, 09:16 AM
They might have been filming for that Hearts documentary. The club that nearly built a stand.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Greenbeard
05-03-2020, 09:29 AM
They might have been filming for that Hearts documentary. The club that nearly built a stand.

Forgot about that. Watch out for 10mins max on Hertz overall season/behind the scenes and 50 mins all about "a sample game" on 3 March.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2020, 09:36 AM
Forgot about that. Watch out for 10mins max on Hertz overall season/behind the scenes and 50 mins all about "a sample game" on 3 March.It's their cup final, getting a result against the team they've been pursuing and finishing behind for the last 3 seasons.

Cataplana
05-03-2020, 09:48 AM

That's a bit heavy is it not?

Captain Trips
05-03-2020, 09:50 AM

https://b.smimg.net/df11/5208283.png

hibbydad
05-03-2020, 10:07 AM
The whole point is that we are only supposed to sell tickets to people on Hibs data base. Was in the supporters club yesterday and heard there was problems in hospitality as well and certain people had to be moved by a steward. The whole point of segregation is to avoid trouble. Cannot see the point in spending precious funds on state of the art security cameras if we are going to let people other than those on the data base into the home areas of the stadium. We could have spent that money on the team

Hibs90
05-03-2020, 10:08 AM
For what it's worth, at Tynecastle in the last game I was convinced I had a Jambo next to me in the away end. Didn't celebrate any Hibs goals, face looked miserable. Just a wee laddie though.

Stonewall
05-03-2020, 10:10 AM
The whole point is that we are only supposed to sell tickets to people on Hibs data base. Was in the supporters club yesterday and heard there was problems in hospitality as well and certain people had to be moved by a steward. The whole point of segregation is to avoid trouble. Cannot see the point in spending precious funds on state of the art security cameras if we are going to let people other than those on the data base into the home areas of the stadium. We could have spent that money on the team

Up to a point. Your behaviour was very odd though.

hibbydad
05-03-2020, 10:14 AM
I am not alone in challenging it my understanding is that there was an even stronger challenge made in hospitality. My whole point is that the home areas should be for Hibs fans. Stick to the rules and there will be no problem

Hibs90
05-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Up to a point. Your behaviour was very odd though.

I don't think it's odd.

hibbydad
05-03-2020, 10:19 AM
A guy in my daughter's work has been refused tickets because he is not on the data base and he likes Hibs. All I ask is where is the consistency

Callum_62
05-03-2020, 10:22 AM
A guy in my daughter's work has been refused tickets because he is not on the data base and he likes Hibs. All I ask is where is the consistencyWhat if the tourists were gifted the tickets from someone on the database?

hibbydad
05-03-2020, 10:24 AM
That then is where the system falls down

CapitalGreen
05-03-2020, 10:48 AM

The CCTV system is to prevent and catch people committing crimes, unfortunately it can’t do anything to stop grown getting their feelings hurt because their football team lost a match. Grow up.

tamig
05-03-2020, 10:56 AM
And why did the club invest in these new cameras? Because of the behaviour of some erses in our support. I really don’t understand your beef about three guys potentially not being on the database when they don’t appear to have been bothering anyone.

tamig
05-03-2020, 10:58 AM

Think you need to look a bit wider. The club is missing out on a potential market - tourists in the summer in particular - by limiting sales to folk on the database. Is this only in place for Cat A games?

hibee_girl
05-03-2020, 12:00 PM
A guy in my daughter's work has been refused tickets because he is not on the data base and he likes Hibs. All I ask is where is the consistency

Tell him to go to other games then to get on the database then he’ll be able to buy derby tickets

Jones28
05-03-2020, 12:16 PM

Bit rich to moan about potential trouble when you go and have a go at three people doing nothing but record a video.

Hibernian Verse
05-03-2020, 12:22 PM
https://b.smimg.net/df11/5208283.png

Underrated post :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
05-03-2020, 12:24 PM

I better not take my Man Utd supporting mate that follows Hibs from afar to the Semi incase he videos the occasion and you get upset.

Noted.

Greenbeard
05-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Must happen all the time. Shades of Big Brother if you have to prove your allegiance before being able to get hold of a ticket in the home stands.
Me and five guests at the QF. Ok all were Hibbies but no questions asked.
I was invited with an ICT supporting pal to join him and his pals in the away end.
Sat with two Geordie acquaintances in the East at the pre-season friendly v NUFC.

brocherbob
05-03-2020, 12:49 PM

Well I was sitting in L114 and live near Aberdeen - feel free to contact the ticket office who will confirm I also have a ticket for Our next game at Pittodrie. Yes I was sittting next to two Germans (one was wearing a Hibs scarf) and happily displayed this when challenged by someone from the row behind.

superfurryhibby
05-03-2020, 12:51 PM
Well I was sitting in L114 and live near Aberdeen - feel free to contact the ticket office who will confirm I also have a ticket for Our next game at Pittodrie. Yes I was sittting next to two Germans (one was wearing a Hibs scarf) and happily displayed this when challenged by someone from the row behind.

How welcoming was that:confused: I hope the OP is suitably embarrassed.

Col2
05-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Half and half scarf types 😕

Barman Stanton
05-03-2020, 02:04 PM
I am not alone in challenging it my understanding is that there was an even stronger challenge made in hospitality. My whole point is that the home areas should be for Hibs fans. Stick to the rules and there will be no problem

So no one should ever attend games for teams they dont support? What a narrow minded view. Any foreigners attending our games is a bonus. These are potential future fans who may spend money on games / merchandising in the future.

Grumpy Gibby would be embarrassed at some of the winging by Hibs fans lately.

BT58
05-03-2020, 02:40 PM
There is a post on youtube about a father and son ( i think) going to games up here from England. They frequent a few bars, sampling local beers, then talk to fans of both sides. They were in the Hertz end and were at Ibrox last night for the huns debacle. They show action from games and any fan interviews they have. I think they go all over UK.
B

Helensburghhibs
05-03-2020, 02:41 PM
There is a post on youtube about a father and son ( i think) going to games up here from England. They frequent a few bars, sampling local beers, then talk to fans of both sides. They were in the Hertz end and were at Ibrox last night for the huns debacle. They show action from games and any fan interviews they have. I think they go all over UK.
B

Thogdan....my boy informs me he is a famous youtuber. I'll take his word for it. He was in our singing section at a game not long ago

Cataplana
05-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Underrated post :greengrin

It's taken me three hours to realise who it was. But it was worth the wait. 10/10

Keith_M
05-03-2020, 03:02 PM
I feel a football banning order would be appropriate.... in the absence of bringing back hanging.

Keith_M
05-03-2020, 03:04 PM
It's taken me three hours to realise who it was. But it was worth the wait. 10/10

I'm still confused. Who is it?

mcohibs
05-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Quick question guys, would appreciate some guidance - I took a picture on my phone of the Hearts end on Tuesday night when I noticed my mate in amongst them.

Where do I hand myself in for this henious crime?

Should I phone the ticket office?

I'm not German, does that make it alright?

Pretty Boy
05-03-2020, 03:15 PM
This thread is gold. 3 pages about nothing.

Keith_M
05-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Quick question guys, would appreciate some guidance - I took a picture on my phone of the Hearts end on Tuesday night when I noticed my mate in amongst them.

Nein!!!!!!!

:tsk tsk:

Itsnoteasy
05-03-2020, 03:21 PM
I saw that on a German teams fans forum.
They were complaining about a massive bloke filming the away fans celebrating :wink:

Das ist nicht gut.

Beefster
05-03-2020, 03:29 PM

Maybe he needs to get a good friend to give him a ticket too, like the German tourists, then?

Vault Boy
05-03-2020, 03:46 PM
Can't imagine why anybody would be so raging about this. Absolute non issue.

Cataplana
05-03-2020, 04:03 PM
I'm still confused. Who is it?

Lee Wallace

superfurryhibby
05-03-2020, 04:13 PM

Give me your seat number etc and I’ll come and challenge you about it if that makes you feel better:wink:

hibstag
05-03-2020, 04:17 PM

but there wasn't a problem only the one that you and your mates created by challenging a fellow hibs supporter and his guest.

wookie70
05-03-2020, 05:49 PM
In a nutshell. The younger generation would probably not bat an eyelid at filming away fans celebrating, and would maybe piece the footage in on their Instagram story or YouTube video to highlight a highly miserable night at the football.

An unfathomable thing to do for old duffers but completely acceptable and normal for them. What it should be really.

I'm an old duffer and would be more likely giving it GIRUY gestures than getting the box brownie out. The younger crew often vlog important events so let them get on with it. They will be hurting too

hibbydad
05-03-2020, 05:56 PM
I note you have totally ignored what happened in hospitality people in hospitality people pay a substantial sum for the priviledge is it fair that away supporters disrupt that. Yes he was wearing a hibs scarf I can assure you that I was too and would never film Hearts supporters celebrating. As a shareholder in the club I wish to see the business grow but all I would say is that we need to be very careful who we let into the home areas for cat a games

Gloucester Hibs
05-03-2020, 05:57 PM
A lot of virtue signalling weirdos on this thread.

hibee_girl
05-03-2020, 05:59 PM
I note you have totally ignored what happened in hospitality people in hospitality people pay a substantial sum for the priviledge is it fair that away supporters disrupt that. Yes he was wearing a hibs scarf I can assure you that I was too and would never film Hearts supporters celebrating. As a shareholder in the club I wish to see the business grow but all I would say is that we need to be very careful who we let into the home areas for cat a games

Away fans are in hospitality for most games.

hibbydad
05-03-2020, 06:05 PM
Away fans are in hospitality for most games.
Not according to my friend who is there every week

EI255
05-03-2020, 06:10 PM

If you’re one of these people, use your noggin in future.Does it really matter?

I've saw the reverse before. It happens in every game around the country every weekend.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
05-03-2020, 06:24 PM

Really...….Deary me:rolleyes:

Keith_M
05-03-2020, 06:28 PM

What does that mean?

Beefster
05-03-2020, 06:53 PM

So, now that the German attendees have been explained away, you don’t pay for or attend hospitality but you’re going to write to the club to complain about some people who legitimately went to hospitality?

Sounds like you need to chill out a bit and take less interest in what harmless activities that folk you don’t know and have nothing to do with get up to tbh.

hibbydad
05-03-2020, 07:18 PM
So, now that the German attendees have been explained away, you don’t pay for or attend hospitality but you’re going to write to the club to complain about some people who legitimately went to hospitality?

Sounds like you need to chill out a bit and take less interest in what harmless activities that folk you don’t know and have nothing to do with get up to tbh.
No I am not going to write to the club regarding hospitality my understanding is that was dealt with on tuesday evening and I would stress that I was not the op on this thread merely joined the debate

brocherbob
06-03-2020, 12:07 AM

I don’t know what happened in hospitality so cannot comment on this other than to agree that supporters should be able to enjoy this experience without disruption.
I only replied to your first post as you quoted my seat number and that you also felt the need to contact the club as some were filming the away support from this area. I know you you may find this strange behaviour but was there need to intervene?
in my opinion the club do all they can to ensure segregation of supporters and I didn’t see anyone causing trouble in that section of the ground. Now lets get back to debating important stuff - the fitba.

The dalmeny
06-03-2020, 07:44 AM
I get ads regularly promoting trips to Europe to watch matches. No big deal really.

green day
06-03-2020, 07:53 AM

Is that any different to a cup semi / final when ST holders buy 2 tickets and one is for their pal?

I cant comment on your point about what may have happened, but every time I have been in hospitality there have been away fans / neutrals there........indeed last time I was there was sat next to 2 american tourists who were not on the DB.

Callum_62
06-03-2020, 07:59 AM
I bet if we won this thread wouldn't exist and we would all be celebrating wearing lederhosen and drinking pilsner out of massive glasses

oldbutdim
06-03-2020, 08:19 AM
Lee Wallace

Oh the irony.

hibstag
06-03-2020, 09:17 AM
No I am not going to write to the club regarding hospitality my understanding is that was dealt with on tuesday evening and I would stress that I was not the op on this thread merely joined the debate

aye but you were rightly called out for taking some inappropriate action towards people in the home end

you also seem unwilling to admit that 'challenging' people and 'contacting the club' about paying customers who are there as legitimately as you are might be a wee bit over the top

Scouse Hibee
06-03-2020, 09:30 AM

There is no such restriction in hospitality, lots of corporates invite clients etc that are supporters of both sides, always been the case.

Carheenlea
06-03-2020, 09:59 AM
I'm an old duffer and would be more likely giving it GIRUY gestures than getting the box brownie out. The younger crew often vlog important events so let them get on with it. They will be hurting too

I enjoy a bit of social media, but with you all the way in erring towards the gestures being the natural action. Can’t see that ever changing to be fair!

Stokesy's on fire
06-03-2020, 10:06 AM
does anyone know why hearts fans are using a hibs chant? Are they like the new celtic and trying to steal from us? Will they start to sing sunshine on gorgie? rosters we really did kill Hearts song book in 2016

HFC93
06-03-2020, 10:58 AM

I'm imaginng 3 jambos putting on fake German accents. No fooling hibby dad though.

givescotlandfreedom
06-03-2020, 09:44 PM
There was a bit of a ruckus in front of me at the Celtic semi before Christmas when a clearly foreign couple were filming the Tims after Celtic's first goal. They either left or moved at half time.

CraigHibee
07-03-2020, 08:18 AM
Probably filming them so they could be uploaded to munters.com later

BILLYHIBS
07-03-2020, 08:43 AM
This is the best away fans video by a country mile though still not sure who I hate the most?

https://youtu.be/zhbBAGdNaEc

The zombies or the Orcs?

Keith_M
07-03-2020, 10:03 AM
If you want to see Fans fiming the away end, you might want to watch the first half of THIS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms6bCVSl1ag)

:greengrin

Germans, naturally.