PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

Jim44
04-03-2020, 06:25 PM
Yes, we were horrendous last night. Yes, too many players weren’t up for it and it showed. Yes, Ross has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame for not preparing the players for an important game. Yes, we have to pick ourselves up and regroup for the remainder of the season, which, despite last night and all the negative reaction, is still worth fighting for. Yes, they will have some temporary comfort and bragging rights. But I’m totally convinced of one fact ........ they would give both their bollocks to swap our relative positions, including an embarrassing defeat last night. :hibees

chrisski33
04-03-2020, 06:35 PM
Dont think they would want an embarrassing defeat which is why they tend to do well in derbies so dont kid yourself!

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Our position of winning nothing and not being in Europe will match their position of winning nothing and not being in Europe so it doesn't really matter. No chance they go down now.

King conrad
04-03-2020, 06:40 PM
They played better we got beat it happens.
Too many players had an off night and we can play so much better. If you have a couple players playing bad then the rest can pull you through but you can't have that many playing so bad and expect to win a football match. On our day we're a match for anyone but it's consistency we need.Hopefully the players learn from it and kick on the rest of the season, we have alot to play for.

Jim44
04-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Dont think they would want an embarrassing defeat which is why they tend to do well in derbies so dont kid yourself!

Well I don’t think I’m kidding myself. To reiterate my point, they would give anything including a derby defeat, to be in our shoes at present.

Waxy
04-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Well thats all it was really. A defeat. Over the season we’ve done far better than them. League position shows this.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Our position of winning nothing and not being in Europe will match their position of winning nothing and not being in Europe so it doesn't really matter. No chance they go down now.

Ffs, every single one of your posts is negative self pity. I really hope your just channeling all your negativity to Hibs and are otherwise a happy chap.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 06:51 PM
Ffs, every single one of your posts is negative self pity. I really hope your just channeling all your negativity to Hibs and are otherwise a happy chap.

I'm perfectly happy mate.

My posts after last night are negative. My posts in general are not.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2020, 06:53 PM
I was raging last night and this morning. I think it was just because with some of the humpings in the past you knew they were coming. It was never going to be easy but I expected far, far better last night.

There's no point in days of self flagellation though. It's done, it happened. Does moaning about it for weeks and slaughtering everyone and anyone really change anything? By all means have a discussion about where we need to improve and debate things but the wailing self pity is quite frankly getting on my nerves.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 06:56 PM
I'm perfectly happy mate.

My posts after last night are negative. My posts in general are not.

Glad to hear it man.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 07:17 PM
I was raging last night and this morning. I think it was just because with some of the humpings in the past you knew they were coming. It was never going to be easy but I expected far, far better last night.

There's no point in days of self flagellation though. It's done, it happened. Does moaning about it for weeks and slaughtering everyone and anyone really change anything? By all means have a discussion about where we need to improve and debate things but the wailing self pity is quite frankly getting on my nerves.

Totally agree as you’ll see from some of my other posts.

Forza Fred
04-03-2020, 07:28 PM

Yep, it won’t be the last defeat we face, and one game doesn’t define our season.

Indeed, time to suck it in and get on with it.

Even I crawled out from hiding behind my couch last night, when I was called for my tea.