PDA

View Full Version : Slaughtering the players

keep the faith
04-03-2020, 01:18 PM
I avoided hibs net after the game last night as the over reactions can be a bit much at the best of times. This is something else though.
"Jack Ross is a joke. Lewis is finished. Allan shouldnt play. Omeonga and docherty not good enough. McNulty to be emptied. Hanlon too". Seriously??

I was gutted last night but this is nonsense. Hearts were very good and we couldn't cope with them snapping at us and giving us no time. Was the same for the huns at the weekend.

Slaughtering our players is crazy. Some will go in the summer I'm sure but we have the basis of a good side here. What we need to focus on is finding a way to deal with the high press. That's the challenge. That's the lesson. We know what we are facing now so let's support the team and ease up on hammering our own.
Just my view of course.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 01:19 PM
I avoided hibs net after the game last night as the over reactions can be a bit much at the best of times. This is something else though.
"Jack Ross is a joke. Lewis is finished. Allan shouldnt play. Omeonga and docherty not good enough. McNulty to be emptied. Hanlon too". Seriously??

I was gutted last night but this is nonsense. Hearts were very good and we couldn't cope with them snapping at us and giving us no time. Was the same for the huns at the weekend.

Slaughtering our players is crazy. Some will go in the summer I'm sure but we have the basis of a good side here. What we need to focus on is finding a way to deal with the high press. That's the challenge. That's the lesson. We know what we are facing now so let's support the team and ease up on hammering our own.
Just my view of course.

Well said. :aok:

Brooster
04-03-2020, 01:23 PM
Hearts were very good? I don't agree with that.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 01:23 PM
They deserve every bit of it and more. They subjected us to utter garbage for 90 minutes while 4000 hearts fans had a huge party.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 01:24 PM

They came to stop us playing and keep us in our half - mission accomplished.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 01:25 PM

Just my view of course.

Some people wont be happy until every member of staff has left and the Stadium has been burnt to the ground.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 01:25 PM
They deserve every bit of it and more. They subjected us to utter garbage for 90 minutes while 4000 hearts fans had a huge party.

Didn't take you long.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 01:27 PM
Didn't take you long.

Could you seriously keep it on topic. Didn't you listen to the warning from PB the other day. Stop the personal stuff.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 01:30 PM

They came with more fight and hunger and showed great composure for the team in bottom spot, why? Because we let them.

Too right the players should be getting slaughtered. Their collective peformance was embarrassing.

CloudSquall
04-03-2020, 01:32 PM
Nope, sorry, you pull on a green and white shirt and put in a performance like that in a derby and you should be getting slaughtered left right and centre.

Also it's an absolute ****ing joke how we're now ****ting it about the "high press" as if Stendel has revolutionised football and has introduced this decade's version of tika taka.

Hamilton were taken the piss out of them at Tynie, every other team bar Rangers has had an afternoon off against them, yet they are now Bayern ****ing Munich for us?

Jesus Wept..

lyonhibs
04-03-2020, 01:32 PM
If the players can't handle get a pasting on Hibs.net then I'd suggest that professional footballer isn't the job for them.

When sustained abuse comes from the stands then I'm totally against it, the actions of morons but the hysterical hyperbole of a message board in the hours after an appalling performance like that is much ado about nothing IMO.

munchar
04-03-2020, 01:33 PM

Just my view of course.

They should’ve been focusing on dealing with the high press at training, as it was no secret that’s how Hearts were going to play, so I’d imagine they prepared, but showed they haven’t got the ability or composure to deal with it.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 01:33 PM
I’ve said it before but I question some of our fans mentality. I hope the players are stronger characters than some fans otherwise we’re in trouble.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 01:35 PM
I’ve said it before but I question some of our fans mentality. I hope the players are stronger characters than some fans otherwise we’re in trouble.

If last night was anything to go by then of course they haven't got stronger character about them than some of the fans.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 01:36 PM
Could you seriously keep it on topic. Didn't you listen to the warning from PB the other day. Stop the personal stuff.

They came with more fight and hunger and showed great composure for the team in bottom spot, why? Because we let them.

Too right the players should be getting slaughtered. Their collective peformance was embarrassing.

As soon as there's the opportunity to post something negative the pair of you jump in both feet first. That's there for all to see - passing comment is hardly personal is it?

But you can run and greet to PB if you want. :dummytit:

Since452
04-03-2020, 01:36 PM

Just my view of course.

I'd normally agree with you but last night really angered a lot of people, myself included. We were out battled and out thought at home by a team with 2 league wins all season managed by a buffoon. On this occasion I think it's well justified.

Nicho87
04-03-2020, 01:37 PM
All justified. Beat at home twice by them bottom of the league. We should always be up for a derby, too often we arent

Danderhall Hibs
If last night was anything to go by then of course they haven't got stronger character about them than some of the fans.

On the back of the histrionics I’ve been reading on here I’m not sure on that.

The 90+2
As soon as there's the opportunity to post something negative the pair of you jump in both feet first. That's there for all to see - passing comment is hardly personal is it?

Are you kidding me? We just got pumped from hearts and you want to remain positive aye?

I'll stick to giving my opinon good or bad you can continue your sheep-esq propoganda. :aok:

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 01:39 PM
On the back of the histrionics I’ve been reading on here I’m not sure on that.

I think at this moment we are all hurting, coupled with sudden realisation we could lose to them at Hampden once again which would be a disaster, especially after last night.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Are you kidding me? We just got pumped from hearts and you want to remain positive aye?

I'll stick to giving my opinon good or bad

Normally bad

you can continue your sheep-esq propoganda. :aok:

Thanks for that. :aok:

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 01:40 PM
Normally bad

Thanks for that. :aok:

You're welcome :aok:

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 01:41 PM
I think at this moment we are all hurting, coupled with sudden realisation we could lose to them at Hampden once again which would be a disaster, especially after last night.

Some of us knew before last night that we're not guaranteed to win at Hampden. We didn't piss our pants all over the forum though.

Just saying like.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 01:45 PM

Maybe you’re right and there’s a lack of self awareness in our support that causes reactions like this to a derby defeat.

Weegreenman
04-03-2020, 01:48 PM
For the OP. They the players are lucky their no playing in Italy or some of those other countries were supporters really take extreme measures after a poor performance. Letting off steam on a forum is a great way for fans to let off steam. Players if they have any sense won’t read it and most supporters will crack on and support the team again once the they get over the hurt of losing in such a manner. The players deserve everything that’s coming their way. That was unacceptable last night.

Jones28
04-03-2020, 01:50 PM

Out played, outfought and out scored us.

Face it, they were very good.

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Maybe you’re right and there’s a lack of self awareness in our support that causes reactions like this to a derby defeat.

Unless your first derby was on Boxing Day and you hadn't bothered to research the history of the fixture, I don't know why any Hibby would approach this game with high expectations. You're just setting yourself up for a fall.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Some of us knew before last night that we're not guaranteed to win at Hampden. We didn't piss our pants all over the forum though.

Just saying like.

Who mentioned anything about being gauranteed to win at Hampden against them?

Who's pissing their pants? meanwhile in maison du Peeve'

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Who mentioned anything about being gauranteed to win at Hampden against them?

Who's pissing their pants? meanwhile in maison du Peeve'

Stop it! My sides!!!

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 01:54 PM

I would usually take it on the chin if they didn't sit bottom of the league in March, rock up to ER and out-everything us.

munchar
04-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Unless your first derby was on Boxing Day and you hadn't bothered to research the history of the fixture, I don't know why any Hibby would approach this game with high expectations. You're just setting yourself up for a fall.

Well that’s taking a defeatist attitude, & probably why we lose and accept the manner of these defeats. They were rock bottom of the league for a reason, they’re no very good. 2 away wins all season, both against us. That suggests the players couldn’t get up for the game. You should be up for any game, especially so a Derby. It’s the manner of defeat that’s unacceptable that’s riling fans.

tonyrougier123
04-03-2020, 01:58 PM

Just my view of course.

Spot on mate! 👏.
It's way over the top reactions and hopefully people in time realise this.

Jack ross has shown his capabilities,last night was a stinker! but I am delighted with what he has done so far at hibs.

Players chose a really bad night to have a game like that,and we all know form is hardly ever sustainable,but in time with his own ideas the gaffer will bring good things to hibs, and I staunchly believe this.he has my full backing without doubt.

There are players playing well and players out of form,and in my opinion no one should take thier place in the team for granted.there is not many who could argue with being dropped after that,and most of them would probably agree.

But to suggest punting them all is unrealistic and just plain mental!

We need a hibs team where it's a privilege to pull on the jersey, last night few deserved to wear it,hopefully they wake up with an attitude to put that performance right.

Changes needed! how many depends on the players themselves.but that is where the buck lands entirely for a very off night.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 01:59 PM
I would usually take it on the chin if they didn't sit bottom of the league in March, rock up to ER and out-everything us.

Teams fighting for their lives often do this.

chrisski33
04-03-2020, 02:02 PM

Just my view of course.

over reaction? did you expect folk to be calm and collected after being subjected what we witnessed last night? last nights performance is unacceptable.

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Well that’s taking a defeatist attitude, & probably why we lose and accept the manner of these defeats. They were rock bottom of the league for a reason, they’re no very good. 2 away wins all season, both against us. That suggests the players couldn’t get up for the game. You should be up for any game, especially so a Derby. It’s the manner of defeat that’s unacceptable that’s riling fans.

I accept that, and the circumstances of the defeat angered me too. But I still didn't go into the game thinking we'd give them a going over; it just doesn't work that way for us in derbies. That's not being defeatist - it's realistic, and is an attitude formed by experience. But the Hibs players haven't been watching the team for 43 years, it doesn't explain why they couldn't get up for it!

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2020, 02:07 PM
The bottom line is this. Last night we had two avenues available, match the Hertz in the physical battle, or prove that our players had the ability through good play to negate their high energy pressing tactics. We did neither and that's why the players and manager are getting pelters and rightly so.

It just cant be denied that more than one player on the pitch last night was shown up for either having a lack of composure, a lack of the ability to out play rather than out fight their opponent or a lack of willingness to get involved and show that ability ...Mr Allan. Some did nothing to dispel the notion that their time as first team players is looking in doubt, both Hanlon and Stevenson fell into that category, two players who have been subject to criticism for two seasons now, not just after last night.

For me it boils down to this ..... Raging on messageboards has its place, its as good a place to vent as any and any player who does feel like dipping in for a look just has to suck it up, its part of being a professional, as is getting booed off or having to watch the folk who turned up to support you streaming from the ground with 15 minutes to go. If you don't like it the solution isn't rocket science.

Whatever the case, one thing I have no truck with is thinking the solution to a poor performance and a gubbing from your city rivals is to refuse to turn up and support them in the next derby ..... **** that !!!

GreenArmy1875
04-03-2020, 02:10 PM
Nothing wrong with saying a player wasnt very good in a game or not looking sharp etc but slating a player calling players rats etc cause they didnt perform in a derby is well over the top.

TheHarpy76
04-03-2020, 02:10 PM
Out played, outfought and out scored us.

Face it, they were very good.

Some on here would rather stick their face in a food blender than give Hearts any credit.

They were very good and as I said on another thread, it doesn’t make you a bad Hibby by acknowledging it.

On topic. Any criticism of the players and management is fully justified imo.

tonyrougier123
04-03-2020, 02:11 PM

Partied their way to second bottom good for them eh!👏😐.

We had a party at gorgie not so long ago,it's only courtesy to return the favour,have you no etiquette man?

At the end of it all as long as the players turn up when its the semi showdown all will be forgiven if we turn up in april and have an even bigger party at hampden park.SOL belting out around the place.

pacoluna
04-03-2020, 02:17 PM

Just my view of course.

No they deserved to be slaughtered. That was a disgraceful performance.

flash
04-03-2020, 02:19 PM
There were jokers on here predicting 3 or 4 goal Hibs wins.

delbert
04-03-2020, 02:20 PM

I think last nights spineless and pathetic mauling would suggest that the hope that our players have a stronger mentality than the fans is somewhat forlorn, given that on national TV, every single one of them had their pants pulled down and didn’t have the strength of character to do a single thing about it, nauseating and embarrassing !!

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 02:23 PM

But you can run and greet to PB if you want. :dummytit:
Absolute rubbish. I post my opinion. I've posted many positive and many negative things on here over years. I'm probably more positive than negative.

Yes, passing comment on the contents of my posts on every thread is personal. Try actually replying with your opinion so I can point on why you're wrong rather than attacking me.

Nothing to do with running crying, just trying to encourage adult conversation, something you clearly struggle with.

Since452
04-03-2020, 02:24 PM

That's the frustrating thing. All the bloody time. I said 1-1 and the ironic thing is I'd have been pissed off drawing at home to them.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 02:25 PM
Absolute rubbish. I post my opinion. I've posted many positive and many negative things on here over years. I'm probably more positive than negative.

Yes, passing comment on the contents of my posts on every thread is personal. Try actually replying with your opinion so I can point on why you're wrong rather than attacking me.

Nothing to do with running crying, just trying to encourage adult conversation, something you clearly struggle with.

I've posted my opinion elsewhere. You seem to have been too anguished to notice it.

where'stheslope
04-03-2020, 02:38 PM
Someone even said 7-0????
Its bad to get beaten, but some on here bring it on themselves with their outrageous score lines!!!
Even a 1-0 defeat would have had the same effect, as we had whipped ourselves (once again) into a frenzy of what we would do to them last night???
We've a chance to remedy last night in the semi-final, but I fear by the time it comes round, we'll be counting our chickens again!!!!

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 02:41 PM
Its bad to get beaten, but some on here bring it on themselves with their outrageous score lines!!!
Even a 1-0 defeat would have had the same effect, as we had whipped ourselves (once again) into a frenzy of what we would do to them last night???
We've a chance to remedy last night in the semi-final, but I fear by the time it comes round, we'll be counting our chickens again!!!!

There’s a massive difference between losing 1-0 and being 3 down at home to them with five mins left having been put out fought outplayed and and out thought.

Fuzzywuzzy
04-03-2020, 02:53 PM
Last night was of our own making. Too many slack passes and high, long balls out players are never going to win in the air. Christ, we can barely take a throw in!!! Hearts won, we need to look at our own misgivings in the squad that played last night. Fans have their own opinions about things. In the ffl allan and omeonga were getting slaughtered. Allan I could agree with, omeonga, I thought was one of the better players.

Our defence needs a serious overhaul. It was shortsighted not to bring in Ambrose but it's too late. Our forwards seem to get caught offside far too often for my liking and it's not just a subtle thing it's obvious.

Role on to Aberdeen on Saturday. I would expect to see some changes in the team. Allan seems to need rested. I would like to see bogdan get a chance. Marciano was putting the ****ters right up me last night with some of his footwork. All it's going to take is another moment like the rangers game again

Carheenlea
04-03-2020, 03:02 PM
Players and management will always get slaughtered after a derby defeat - it means more to the fans than a run of the mill fixture and fans reserve the right to give it both barrels when we suffer a derby loss. We are quick to forgive though and the players and manager should know what they need to do next time round to avoid another slaughtering.
It’s back to square one on Saturday though and the team will be backed at Aberdeen as if last night never happened.

JammyDoidger
04-03-2020, 03:02 PM

Just my view of course.

Couldn't care how good hearts were, we should be better. We were Absoloutely rotten, took us 90 minutes to register a shot on target at home to a team that was bottom of the league. There was no heart, no desire. That is what makes it worse!

Steve88
04-03-2020, 03:04 PM
I will accept getting beat of any team

What I won’t except is the manner of the defeat last night: commitment, fight, drive , determination, desire - All non existent from the very start to the very end

Yorkshire HFC
04-03-2020, 03:06 PM

I don't think that you get to be a professional footballer without being a really strong character - whatever you think of them today, these are all top quality athletes who've had to work hard to get to the top of their profession.

Maybe they gave their best but it just didn't work out last night / were up against a better team?

It's sport - anything can happen.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 03:08 PM
I will accept getting beat of any team

What I won’t except is the manner of the defeat last night: commitment, fight, drive , determination, desire - All non existent from the very start to the very end

What does that mean?

What does your acceptance change? - Genuine question.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 03:16 PM
I don't think that you get to be a professional footballer without being a really strong character - whatever you think of them today, these are all top quality athletes who've had to work hard to get to the top of their profession.

Maybe they gave their best but it just didn't work out last night / were up against a better team?

It's sport - anything can happen.

Did you go to/watch the game? You think there’s a possibility they gave their best?

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 03:18 PM
What does that mean?

I think the poster indicates in his second sentence when his acceptance would change. Why do you feel the need to rip into posters giving genuine opinions that doesn’t match your cheerleader sheep view?

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 03:18 PM
I think the poster indicates in his second sentence when his acceptance would change. Why do you feel the need to rip into posters giving genuine opinions that doesn’t match your cheerleader sheep view?

I wasn't asking you.

Stop trolling me.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 03:23 PM
Did you go to/watch the game? You think there’s a possibility they gave their best?

I think they gave their best, they were just rubbish. Do you really think they were deliberately not trying?

You could see when they went a goal down they were panicking. Wanted rid of the ball right away. And every single misplaced pass was meant with groans and boos around the stadium. They failed to deal with many elements of last night, but I dont think it was for the lack of effort.

One thing I will say is Hanlon is not a captain. We lacked a leader on the pitch, which is crucial when the s*** has hit the fan.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 03:25 PM
I think last nights spineless and pathetic mauling would suggest that the hope that our players have a stronger mentality than the fans is somewhat forlorn, given that on national TV, every single one of them had their pants pulled down and didn’t have the strength of character to do a single thing about it, nauseating and embarrassing !!

Folk have spent the last 20 hours or so wanting the money not to be invested, the manager to be sacked, almost every player to be binned. Doesn’t suggest a strong mentality to me, more like a bunch of dramatic panic merchants.

Next they’ll be saying they’re not going back.

J-C
04-03-2020, 03:27 PM

Just my view of course.

A bit of both TBH, they executed their game plan perfectly and we were thinking all over the park, some players hid into their shells which was disappointing and others just simply not good enough.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 03:28 PM
A bit of both TBH, they executed their game plan perfectly and we were thinking all over the park, some players hid into their shells which was disappointing and others just simply not good enough.

:agree: they were good, it made us bad and we had guys off the pace and caught off guard and unable to get into the game.

It happens sometimes.

04Sauzee
04-03-2020, 03:30 PM

Just my view of course.
Came in here last night posted once im defence of Omeonga and have avoided since, have also avoided all social media.

Steve88
04-03-2020, 03:30 PM
What does that mean?

The manner of the defeat

calumhibee1
04-03-2020, 03:31 PM
I think they gave their best, they were just rubbish. Do you really think they were deliberately not trying?

You could see when they went a goal down they were panicking. Wanted rid of the ball right away. And every single misplaced pass was meant with groans and boos around the stadium. They failed to deal with many elements of last night, but I dont think it was for the lack of effort.

One thing I will say is Hanlon is not a captain. We lacked a leader on the pitch, which is crucial when the s*** has hit the fan.

Allan and McNulty id genuinely question whether they were trying their best. The rest, I’d agree probably were, they just happened to be atrocious.

BroxburnHibee
04-03-2020, 03:32 PM
:agree: they were good, it made us bad and we had guys off the pace and caught off guard and unable to get into the game.

It happens sometimes.

Wish it wouldn't keep happening against them though :greengrin

Hibeewilly
04-03-2020, 03:37 PM
I haven't read this whole thread but I can't understand why Jack Ross changed the system and didn't play Whittaker in the holding role as he did so well against Caley. As a result Docherty and Omeonga looked totally lost. Apart from his playing ability Whittaker is a great organiser on the park and leadership qualities were sorely missed last night. I'm sure our management team will realise that and I expect a totally different Hibs at Hampden

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 03:56 PM
I wasn't asking you.

Stop trolling me.

That’s clearly not the way a football discussion board works, is it?

Don’t flatter yourself pal and pissing your pants. The only person being slightly personal is yourself.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 03:57 PM

No, I think they didn’t want it enough as much as them.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 04:04 PM
That’s clearly not the way a football discussion board works, is it?

Don’t flatter yourself pal and pissing your pants. The only person being slightly personal is yourself.Eh ?

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 04:22 PM
Wish it wouldn't keep happening against them though :greengrin

It doesn’t always happen but it’s more memorable when it does. Hamilton done it to us a couple of seasons ago and Morton the season before.

emerald green
04-03-2020, 06:40 PM

They came for all three points, sitting bottom of the table, and they got them fairly easily. Only their second away win all season long. Both at Easter Road. It's ridiculous.

And some people wonder why some Hibs fans are very angry.

I wouldn't imagine the hierarchy at ER will be too happy either just as they are about to ask supporters to renew their season tickets. It was a damaging and disastrous performance and result. If the players and head coach are getting slaughtered, they can have little complaint.

If they had won 3-1 last night, they would be getting lots of praise. That's the way it goes.

Forza Fred
04-03-2020, 06:45 PM
I’ve said it before, but there appears little ‘middle ground’ on this forum.

Players are either ‘brilliant’ one week or ‘rubbish’

Mediocrity is not recognised.

I got pelted for suggesting a few months ago that Jamie MacLaren was neither a superstar nor gash, so expect the acidic comments to continue until we get a decent result, then those crap players will be superb again!

Frankhfc
04-03-2020, 06:56 PM
I haven't read this whole thread but I can't understand why Jack Ross changed the system and didn't play Whittaker in the holding role as he did so well against Caley. As a result Docherty and Omeonga looked totally lost. Apart from his playing ability Whittaker is a great organiser on the park and leadership qualities were sorely missed last night. I'm sure our management team will realise that and I expect a totally different Hibs at Hampden

:top marksGood post.

Jack must shoulder the blame for the abject failure of matching up against Hearts last night. Omeonga is a decent fiery wee player but he did indeed look lost as the sitting playmaker/holding midfielder last night with his passing going astray and being overrun at times. I doubt very much Jack will similarly set up in the semi and will no doubt be working on the system that will see us progress to the final. It should be as you rightly say an entirely different set up and mindset for Hampden. We can win it but will have to approach that game with more caution and be tactically astute. Here's hoping.

flash
04-03-2020, 07:09 PM

Yet I can't find a single post either here, Twitter or Facebook that wasn't happy with the team selected.

Craig_in_Prague
04-03-2020, 07:14 PM

I got pelted for suggesting a few months ago that Jamie MacLaren was neither a superstar nor gash, so expect the acidic comments to continue until we get a decent result, then those crap players will be superb again!

Conversely, players are absolutely middle ground and that's why they are at Hibs.

superfurryhibby
04-03-2020, 07:30 PM
No one likes getting beat from Hearts, especially in the manner of last night’s debacle. However, the hysterical overreaction from some posters last night is also pathetic. Hysteria.cliche. net....

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 07:46 PM
No one likes getting beat from Hearts, especially in the manner of last night’s debacle. However, the hysterical overreaction from some posters last night is also pathetic. Hysteria.cliche. net....

The hysteria from posters saying others are over reacting is worse.

1 8 7 5
04-03-2020, 07:52 PM

Spot on

keep the faith
04-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Nothing wrong with saying a player wasnt very good in a game or not looking sharp etc but slating a player calling players rats etc cause they didnt perform in a derby is well over the top.

That's how I feel mate. Grown men name calling our players. I just dont get it.
Some are leaping on every single thread on here to have a go at the team. We lost. We were poor, they WERE good and we need to regroup not turn on ourself.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 09:16 PM
The hysteria from posters saying others are over reacting is worse.It's really not you know.

I_Love_Latapy
04-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Some are leaping on every single thread on here to have a go at the team. We lost. We were poor, they WERE good and we need to regroup not turn on ourself.

Completely agree, and with your OP. A lesson in midfield pressing was handed out, we had one shot on target all night and simply never looked like generating enough half chances either. Players were shocked and gutted. No need for the GTF histrionics.

theonlywayisup
04-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Admins - it feels like almost every thread has the same 'guys' bickering. It's getting boring - can you not bin them and save us all having to read their rubbish.

superfurryhibby
04-03-2020, 09:34 PM

You must be very, very bored.

Northernhibee
04-03-2020, 09:46 PM
Wanted to put my hands up - I made a comment last night in the heat of the moment that wasn’t classy - shouldn’t have done so and want to apologise. Although I still think that the stamp was way off what should be representing the club, neither was resorting to name calling.

cmcd
04-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Couldn't care how good hearts were, we should be better. We were Absoloutely rotten, took us 90 minutes to register a shot on target at home to a team that was bottom of the league. There was no heart, no desire. That is what makes it worse!

We have no right to be better than any team

Frankhfc
04-03-2020, 09:59 PM

People take derby defeats differently. Some will rant and rave and take the huff for days sometimes weeks afterwards. Some won't and get it over much more calmly far sooner.

I don't blame anyone for blowing their top after last nights performance. It was embarrasing and It will take some supporters a wee while yet to get over last nights shocker. But they will and by the time the semi comes around they'll be hopefully turning up in their thousands to see us have our derby day win at Hampden.

lyonhibs
05-03-2020, 06:49 AM

:agree::agree:

The concept of there being shades of grey is, on here as with so many other places, often completely ignored and woe betide you if you try to introduce the idea that maybe Doidge, say, who scored a couple of goals a couple of games ago isn't quite the next Gareth Bale or that Stevenson, who had an absolute shocker on Tuesday, maybe isn't quite up for hanging just yet.

JimBHibees
05-03-2020, 06:52 AM
Wanted to put my hands up - I made a comment last night in the heat of the moment that wasn’t classy - shouldn’t have done so and want to apologise. Although I still think that the stamp was way off what should be representing the club, neither was resorting to name calling.

Well said.

Brightside
05-03-2020, 07:04 AM

No it’s not. People just need to grow up. Claiming they were physically shaking with anger after the result?? Post after post abusing the players and being very personal about it. If anyone on here is actually like that after one of our games they really shouldn’t bother watching. It’s not healthy. It’s a game of football. Some weeks Hibs are rubbish. This isn’t news to anyone. Grow up and move on.

superfurryhibby
05-03-2020, 07:38 AM
No it’s not. People just need to grow up. Claiming they were physically shaking with anger after the result?? Post after post abusing the players and being very personal about it. If anyone on here is actually like that after one of our games they really shouldn’t bother watching. It’s not healthy. It’s a game of football. Some weeks Hibs are rubbish. This isn’t news to anyone. Grow up and move on.

Couldn’t put it better. It’s a passionate game, but fans often take it too far. I’ve had mixed feelings about my love of football for year. I never encouraged my two younger boys to play (much) after my eldest’s experience of boys club and pro youth. The behaviour of our lunatic fringe at games makes me wince ( the bottle throwing, coin throwing, spitting at players, invading the field type of ********).

I sometimes think it’s time to stop the social media/ forum use. Too many total ****ers on board. Empty vessels make the most noise etc and on here there are too many totally cringeworthy comments, from our regular antagonists to the thick as mince sheep. Debate is ok, vitriol and indulgence in others inane stupidity isn’t healthy for me

Peevemor
05-03-2020, 07:39 AM

Well said. :top marks

SlickShoes
05-03-2020, 07:46 AM
I feel like people saying that the players didn't want it or didn't try have never played any competitive sport before.

I thought all of our team were garbage against hearts and it was an abysmal performance all round.

I have played in games where I have tried my hardest and played complete garbage, sometimes when I shoot the ball goes exactly where I intended it to go and people think I am a real footballer, then the next shot hits the corner flag somehow.

I get that these are professional footballers but they are human beings as well and at our level we aren't going to get players that are flawless every week, even at the highest level players have bad games. It is massively disappointing to pay money and watch that level of performance but it's not something that is happening every week, so we can either moan about it and hound the team and manager or try and get behind them and support them in the next game.

euro Hibby
05-03-2020, 07:46 AM
good to see a little sanity. Yes it was a horrible watch but if you have followed Hibs for a long time then it was no big surprise. Big opportunity coming to put it right !

Barman Stanton
05-03-2020, 07:50 AM
Couldn’t put it better. It’s a passionate game, but fans often take it too far. I’ve had mixed feelings about my love of football for year. I never encouraged my two younger boys to play (much) after my eldest’s experience of boys club and pro youth. The behaviour of our lunatic fringe at games makes me wince ( the bottle throwing, coin throwing, spitting at players, invading the field type of ********).

I sometimes think it’s time to stop the social media/ forum use. Too many total ****ers on board. Empty vessels make the most noise etc and on here there are too many totally cringeworthy comments, from our regular antagonists to the thick as mince sheep. Debate is ok, vitriol and indulgence in others inane stupidity isn’t healthy for me

Couldnt agree more. Its amazing just how much noise the same few posters make on this forum. All over every single thread pushing their negativity. Cant be healthy.

Onion
05-03-2020, 08:12 AM
No issues with getting beat, it happens. But the nature of the defeat is unacceptable and needs to be called out. You'd hope Jack Ross understands that and will take whatever action is needed to ensure this never happens again - but we just cannot take that for granted this early stage in JR's tenure. We don't know what's acceptable or not to him. Our last manager thought Hibs were not worthy to be on the same pitch as Celtic when they rocked up to ER first time, and we sat back hoping to hold out for a low score loss. Hecky's standards and expectations were miles short of what Hibs fans and Hibs FC found acceptable.

If one way of getting that message across to the manager, players and club owner is berating the Hell out of the culprits, then tough ! If their feelings are hurt because of a few negative posts on a forum, then maybe they're precisely the wrong the wrong type of characters we need at Hibs. We are crying out for a team of strong characters, good leaders and who live up to high standards.

Jack Ross and these Hibs players are lucky. They have the perfect opportunity to respond and show that they do give a **** and are much better than they showed a few nights ago.

superfurryhibby
05-03-2020, 08:26 AM
No issues with getting beat, it happens. But the nature of the defeat is unacceptable and needs to be called out. You'd hope Jack Ross understands that and will take whatever action is needed to ensure this never happens again - but we just cannot take that for granted this early stage in JR's tenure. We don't know what's acceptable or not to him. Our last manager thought Hibs were not worthy to be on the same pitch as Celtic when they rocked up to ER first time, and we sat back hoping to hold out for a low score loss. Hecky's standards and expectations were miles short of what Hibs fans and Hibs FC found acceptable.

If one way of getting that message across to the manager, players and club owner is berating the Hell out of the culprits, then tough ! If their feelings are hurt because of a few negative posts on a forum, then maybe they're precisely the wrong the wrong type of characters we need at Hibs. We are crying out for a team of strong characters, good leaders and who live up to high standards.

Jack Ross and these Hibs players are lucky. They have the perfect opportunity to respond and show that they do give a **** and are much better than they showed a few nights ago.

I don’t think even God managing Hibs could ensure “this” never happens again. I’m no prophet, but I can guarantee it will. Even the best Hibs teams I’ve seen (Turnbull, McLeish, Mowbray...) their teams all produced hideous performances, to varying extents.

Maybe the wrong type of characters are the people who act like hysterical children at every setback, they could they be the people we don’t need at Hibs, you know the ones. Like the guy behind me who berates Doidge constantly or the man in his early 40’s sitting next to me with his laddie ( aged around 10) who was giving it absolute pelters ****ing this, total **** that throughout the game. Like it really makes a difference to how the players perform. Nothing but a public display of self- pleasuring in my view.

Hatred towards our own players, I find particularly unpleasant, particularly when it’s guys who have given so much to the club. Having an opinion, fine. Joining in a bandwagon of vitriol, nah, not for me.

CockneyRebel
05-03-2020, 08:31 AM
Nope, sorry, you pull on a green and white shirt and put in a performance like that in a derby and you should be getting slaughtered left right and centre.

Also it's an absolute ****ing joke how we're now ****ting it about the "high press" as if Stendel has revolutionised football and has introduced this decade's version of tika taka.

Hamilton were taken the piss out of them at Tynie, every other team bar Rangers has had an afternoon off against them, yet they are now Bayern ****ing Munich for us?

Jesus Wept..

That highlighted sentence says it all for me.

Frankhfc
05-03-2020, 08:49 AM
I don’t think even God managing Hibs could ensure “this” never happens again. I’m no prophet, but I can guarantee it will. Even the best Hibs teams I’ve seen (Turnbull, McLeish, Mowbray...) their teams all produced hideous performances, to varying extents.

Maybe the wrong type of characters are the people who act like hysterical children at every setback, they could they be the people we don’t need at Hibs, you know the ones. Like the guy behind me who berates Doidge constantly or the man in his early 40’s sitting next to me with his laddie ( aged around 10) who was giving it absolute pelters ****ing this, total **** that throughout the game. Like it really makes a difference to how the players perform. Nothing but a public display of self- pleasuring in my view.

Hatred towards our own players, I find particularly unpleasant, particularly when it’s guys who have given so much to the club. Having an opinion, fine. Joining in a bandwagon of vitriol, nah, not for me.

That's football for you.

It attracts all types and rightly so. Why don't you try the opera instead. You'd be in your element sitting quietly ooohhhing and aahhiing.

As long as they're not causing undue criminality supporters who pay their money can vent their frustrations or sing their praises.

hibeerealist
05-03-2020, 08:56 AM
That highlighted sentence says it all for me.

Spot on but please don’t upset the happyclappers who believe that such a “defeat” was inevitable Christ what a jolly old life they lead.

Brightside
05-03-2020, 08:57 AM
That's football for you.

It attracts all types and rightly so. Why don't you try the opera instead. You'd be in your element sitting quietly ooohhhing and aahhiing.

As long as they're not causing undue criminality supporters who pay their money can vent their frustrations or sing their praises.

Maybe we can just all be a bit better than that though eh. I pay my money therefore I can say what I want? There are cheaper ways to get your kicks.

Barman Stanton
05-03-2020, 09:00 AM
Spot on but please don’t upset the happyclappers who believe that such a “defeat” was inevitable Christ what a jolly old life they lead.

You think the posters wallowing in self pity are leading a jollier life than those that can accept a defeat and move on? Strange take I must say.

calumhibee1
05-03-2020, 09:13 AM
I feel like people saying that the players didn't want it or didn't try have never played any competitive sport before.

I played football to a pretty good standard and I can confirm that I have definitely walked off the pitch before (admittedly not often) having not tried particularly hard for whatever reason. I remember walking off in the occasional game where I’ve literally hardly broke sweat because I just couldn’t particularly be arsed that day. It’s absolutely not an impossibility that some players weren’t putting in nearly 100% on Tuesday night.

MrRobot
05-03-2020, 09:23 AM
I dont think people are saying Hanlon and Stevenson aren't good enough for simply this 1 performance. This has been a growing concern around both their performances over recent times, especially this season.

I love Stevenson to pieces and have always defended him about his ability but we can't just go on sentiment. Not saying they should be emptied from the club; most likely there is still a place for them, but not as regular starters if we really want to progress to becoming an established top 4 club each season. They have been great servants, and nobody can dispute that but we need better.

superfurryhibby
05-03-2020, 10:38 AM
I played football to a pretty good standard and I can confirm that I have definitely walked off the pitch before (admittedly not often) having not tried particularly hard for whatever reason. I remember walking off in the occasional game where I’ve literally hardly broke sweat because I just couldn’t particularly be arsed that day. It’s absolutely not an impossibility that some players weren’t putting in nearly 100% on Tuesday night.

Bizarre, i played to a decent standard too and Captained a quality amateur side for a few years. No one would have got away with not trying, from the committee guys or team mates. Equating your experience to players at pro level doesn’t really add up. Not saying it never ever happens, but I would suggest any pro player with that attitude won’t last long at any team.

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2020, 11:10 AM

Absolutely. The guy and his (middle aged) daughter that sit behind me were close to heart attacks the other night. They’re clueless about football* which doesn’t help but aggressively shouting “now” every time a Hibs player receives the ball doesn’t help anyone. Neither does moaning about everything that happens. She stormed out when the 2nd went in, unfortunately she came back in.

*most recent example: she didn’t know you couldn’t be offside from a throw-in. Regularly they shout for the goalie to come for the ball when it’s outside the box.

Onion
05-03-2020, 11:28 AM

Of course it will happen again, just a turn if phase to emphasise the importance of players at the very least trying and having a bit of pride / guts. That should be in everyone irrespective of quality, so quite manageable.

Also, what’s said on a forum should stay in the forum. Anyone who maintains and takes their negative vitriol to a match should simply stay at home for everyone’s benefit.

matty_f
05-03-2020, 11:59 AM

The 7 poster was an undercover Yam, who was found out and booted.

hibsbollah
05-03-2020, 12:14 PM
Most Scottish teams fans are in a bad place at the moment. There's a good argument that Hibs are in a better place than most. Celtic; papped out of Europe which is the only measure of how they are progressing with the league a formality, fans bored and restless. The Hun; under Gerrard humiliated domestically by Hearts twice and Hamilton despite spending over £20million on players, Europa League providing short term distraction but Gerrard tactically deficient and fast losing interest, fans angry. Aberdeen, fans calling for mcinness head after more eye bleeding football provides mediocrity without the prospect of any cup success or any sort of European run, Hearts despite recent good run STILL BOTTOM with relegation still a possibility.

I was stunned by Tuesdays pathetic display, no question. But there's no need for the mass bedspoilery that's been seen on here.

jakedance
05-03-2020, 12:26 PM
Posted on another thread that in atmosphere in the FF lower was toxic from the start. Lots of men with outrageous abuse of our players and unacceptable language in front of children. I don’t see why people go to football matches when it makes them so angry. They usually don’t have a clue what they’re talking about either.

calumhibee1
05-03-2020, 12:46 PM
Bizarre, i played to a decent standard too and Captained a quality amateur side for a few years. No one would have got away with not trying, from the committee guys or team mates. Equating your experience to players at pro level doesn’t really add up. Not saying it never ever happens, but I would suggest any pro player with that attitude won’t last long at any team.

By not trying, I don’t mean a total “I’m not moving” style not trying. But there was absolutely games where you’d come off knowing that you’d came nowhere near putting in 100%. As much as it’s a nice cliche to say that you always give 100%, there won’t be many players who haven’t had a game here or there where they’ve just tried to coast through, whether that’s because they had a crap nights sleep, a crap week, never prepared right, had something going on at home, who knows, but it’s simply not the case that people who play competitive sports are immune from giving less than 100% at all times.

G B Young
05-03-2020, 12:52 PM

We talk a lot about 'unacceptable' performances, but what can we possibly do to try and prevent them simply happening again further down the line? Is sounding off on a messageboard as far as most fans want to take things or if there was a way of putting more pressure on the players how many fans would actually be up for it?

eg If a protest was stated outside the ground after Tuesday's defeat, with fans encouraged to heckle the players as they left, would you have joined in? Or if a demonstration was planned for East Mains the next day, with fans encouraged to bring placards, shout at the players while training etc, would this have any genuine impact when it came to altering players' mindsets and made it less likely they would turn in such a bewilderingly spineless performance again? It's the sort of thing that does actually go on in other countries.

superfurryhibby
05-03-2020, 01:05 PM
We talk a lot about 'unacceptable' performances, but what can we possibly do to try and prevent them simply happening again further down the line? Is sounding off on a messageboard as far as most fans want to take things or if there was a way of putting more pressure on the players how many fans would actually be up for it?

eg If a protest was stated outside the ground after Tuesday's defeat, with fans encouraged to heckle the players as they left, would you have joined in? Or if a demonstration was planned for East Mains the next day, with fans encouraged to bring placards, shout at the players while training etc, would this have any genuine impact when it came to altering players' mindsets and made it less likely they would turn in such a bewilderingly spineless performance again? It's the sort of thing that does actually go on in other countries.

Still at it.

green with envy
05-03-2020, 05:31 PM

Absolutely agree with your post. Well put.

Jim44
05-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Most Scottish teams fans are in a bad place at the moment. There's a good argument that Hibs are in a better place than most. Celtic; papped out of Europe which is the only measure of how they are progressing with the league a formality, fans bored and restless. The Hun; under Gerrard humiliated domestically by Hearts twice and Hamilton despite spending over £20million on players, Europa League providing short term distraction but Gerrard tactically deficient and fast losing interest, fans angry. Aberdeen, fans calling for mcinness head after more eye bleeding football provides mediocrity without the prospect of any cup success or any sort of European run, Hearts despite recent good run STILL BOTTOM with relegation still a possibility.

I was stunned by Tuesdays pathetic display, no question. But there's no need for the mass bedspoilery that's been seen on here.

:agree: I’m not having a go at the understandable reactions to the game and the fact that it was against our biggest rivals, but I hope most folk (I know some can’t and won’t) will look at the bigger picture and help push the team on to better things. As I said in another thread “ they would give their eye teeth to be in the situation we are in just now.” Hamilton’s win last night was a body blow for them.

PISTOL1875
05-03-2020, 06:30 PM

Just my view of course.

if you or anyone else who comes on here don't think that the absolute shower of ***** who were out there on Tuesday don't deserve to be slaughtered then you are in dreamland..

Hertz have won two away games all season , both against us and you think we shouldn't get on the players backs ???

They deserve every single bit of stick they deserve and if they don't like it then they can **** off.......

Hertz are a ****ing shambles of a team and we just got our ***** handed to us by one of thr worst hertz teams I have ever seen...

keep the faith
05-03-2020, 06:38 PM
if you or anyone else who comes on here don't think that the absolute shower of ***** who were out there on Tuesday don't deserve to be slaughtered then you are in dreamland..

Hertz have won two away games all season , both against us and you think we shouldn't get on the players backs ???

They deserve every single bit of stick they deserve and if they don't like it then they can **** off.......

Hertz are a ****ing shambles of a team and we just got our ***** handed to us by one of thr worst hertz trams I have ever seen...

Ok doke....

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 06:46 PM

Hertz are a ****ing shambles of a team and we just got our ***** handed to us by one of thr worst hertz teams I have ever seen...

That is as much nonsense as I’ve read on here ...Honestly, people have made their judgements after a terrible result - the reality is that whilst we huffed and puffed we were not terrible until after their first goal ..and actually we have a wee spell where we could have equalised ...

Hearts are a decent team - nowhere near “worst team”. That is a bonkers green tinted opinion ....they were good against rangers and good against us ..there is little between the squads - they have simply underperformed significantly and suffered significant injuries to key players ..you’ll not agree with any of that , because it doesn’t support your rant..but it’s the real situation..

The team deserve criticism for the result ..but overall they have done well since Jack came in..and I expect them to give their all to make amends ...

calumhibee1
05-03-2020, 06:52 PM
That is as much nonsense as I’ve read on here ...Honestly, people have made their judgements after a terrible result - the reality is that whilst we huffed and puffed we were not terrible until after their first goal ..and actually we have a wee spell where we could have equalised ...

Hearts are a decent team - nowhere near “worst team”. That is a bonkers green tinted opinion ....they were good against rangers and good against us ..there is little between the squads - they have simply underperformed significantly and suffered significant injuries to key players ..you’ll not agree with any of that , because it doesn’t support your rant..but it’s the real situation..

The team deserve criticism for the result ..but overall they have done well since Jack came in..and I expect them to give their all to make amends ...

So others can't make judgements on our team/players after a terrible result and more importantly, an abomination of a performance, but Hearts have two good results and you can make the judgement that there's very little between us and they're actually decent? How does that work?

Oh and we absolutely were terrible imo. Being terrible didn't start after the first goal, it started from the first whistle. The team bottom of the league were better than us for the full 90 minutes on our patch. We went 3-0 down and tbh, I thought we fully deserved to be at the time.

PISTOL1875
05-03-2020, 06:53 PM

Yeh good against Rangers and good against us but what everyone else ???

Teams that play them have a training session whereas we get pumped..........

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 06:53 PM
So others can't make judgements on our team/players after a terrible result and more importantly, an abomination of a performance, but Hearts have two good results and you can make the judgement that there's very little between us and they're actually decent? How does that work?

Oh and btw, we were absolutely terrible. Being terrible didn't start after the first goal, or even later as you seem to be suggesting seeing as you feel we could have equalised. When it went 3-0 we were deservedly 3-0 down.

Lol. Feel better after that ?

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 06:59 PM
Yeh good against Rangers and good against us but what everyone else ???

Teams that play them have a training session whereas we get pumped..........

I realise that..i did say they have significantly underperformed . But the team I saw on Tuesday were a decent side - no idea if they will keep that performance level up - hope they don’t ! But they have good players ...it’s not a “worst ever Hearts team” as was suggested

hibsbollah
05-03-2020, 07:04 PM

Hearts now look very far from a 'shambles of a team'. I hate giving them credit but they were very good on Tuesday, with the ball and without the ball, knocking it long, playing it short and defending all areas of the park.

Why are they better against us and Der Hun than anybody they've played before? Pretty obvious, the players are getting the system.

Smartie
05-03-2020, 07:10 PM

I thought all of our team were garbage against hearts and it was an abysmal performance all round.

I have played in games where I have tried my hardest and played complete garbage, sometimes when I shoot the ball goes exactly where I intended it to go and people think I am a real footballer, then the next shot hits the corner flag somehow.

I get that these are professional footballers but they are human beings as well and at our level we aren't going to get players that are flawless every week, even at the highest level players have bad games. It is massively disappointing to pay money and watch that level of performance but it's not something that is happening every week, so we can either moan about it and hound the team and manager or try and get behind them and support them in the next game.

Questioning desire, heart and “wanting it” after defeat is a very British trait. We love to put bad results down to attitude rather than ability or performance on the day.

I normally think criticism of players “not trying” is a load of guff. Players always try, their livelihoods depend on results so there is absolutely nothing for them to gain by downing tools.

As a general rule I don’t ever accuse players of “not trying” but I must admit a lot of the body language on Tuesday left me unimpressed. Our players looked shell shocked and their heads went down. They looked rattled, panicked and repeatedly made the same mistakes and it looked obvious early on that they weren’t going to be capable of turning their poor performance around. We should (!) have been the team in the stronger mental state and they’re the ones who should have capitulated given what preceded that game.

I do think there was a mental part of our poor performance the other night and in many ways I liked Jack Ross’ comments after the game that had so many up in arms. Yes, it hurt, but that has to pass quickly and we need to calmly work out - quickly - how to improve next time.

Frankhfc
05-03-2020, 07:13 PM
Hearts now look very far from a 'shambles of a team'. I hate giving them credit but they were very good on Tuesday, with the ball and without the ball, knocking it long, playing it short and defending all areas of the park.

Why are they better against us and Der Hun than anybody they've played before? Pretty obvious, the players are getting the system.

I thought a big part of it was that we vastly underperformed and possibly made them look a good deal better than they are. Our passing and crossing apart from Boyler's was largely shocking. Hopefully we'll find out at Hampden after Jack has had the time to evaluate what went wrong on Tuesday and sets about fixing it for the semi. No doubt though we shot ourselves in the foot with all of their goals on Tuesday easily avoidable that came from individual errors on our part that gave them the opportunities.

calumhibee1
05-03-2020, 07:16 PM
Lol. Feel better after that ?

That it? What makes you so qualified to make a judgement ahead of anyone that you don't agree with?

Or is it just that your post is a load of self important pish?

keep the faith
05-03-2020, 07:16 PM

Exactly it mate. They will win more than they lose from now on. We just need to take it to them at hampden. We know now what we need to do and we have the players to do it with the right system.
We didn't get a second on Tuesday and we had been playing well previously to that by playing killer passes and looking up. We were given no time to do that this time. That's the challenge now.
The faux rage about us losing is bizarre and out of perspective.

calumhibee1
05-03-2020, 07:18 PM
Exactly it mate. They will win more than they lose from now on. We just need to take it to them at hampden. We know now what we need to do and we have the players to do it with the right system.
We didn't get a second on Tuesday and we had been playing well previously to that by playing killer passes and looking up. We were given no time to do that this time. That's the challenge now.

Motherwell, who are in 3rd place, have only just won more than they've lost - 14 wins to their 12 defeats. I'm not quite sure where a 3rd place-esque run of form is coming from for the rest of the season from Hearts. Lets keep in mind they've probably spent more weeks bottom of the table than any other team this season and have won 4 league games in total.

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 07:41 PM
That it? What makes you so qualified to make a judgement ahead of anyone that you don't agree with?

Or is it just that your post is a load of self important pish?

Tbh as you are being personally rude, I’m not really that interested in exchanging with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brightside
05-03-2020, 07:52 PM

Go walk a dog.

Tyler Durden
05-03-2020, 08:05 PM

I think they’ve admitted that they have changed the system.

The players have had their say and after the Hamilton game Stendel has abandoned the suicidal high line which cost them so many goals. They have also returned Michael Smith to right back and moved Clare into midfield. Two really simple things that has improved them no end.

We very rarely got in behind them the other night. Mainly through our own shortcomings but also because they’re no longer defending so high.

flash
05-03-2020, 08:10 PM

Look how angry I still am.

calumhibee1
05-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Tbh as you are being personally rude, I’m not really that interested in exchanging with you.

:faf:

Aw, the wee lamb.

The 90+2
05-03-2020, 08:41 PM

You’ve been personally rude to many posters on this thread, most recently Pistol1875. Anyone who you don’t agree with you say “absolute pish” etc. Now your “pissing your pants” at a little criticism back. Isn’t it ironic? Don’t you think?

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 08:43 PM
You’ve been personally rude to many posters on this thread, most recently Pistol1875. Anyone who you don’t agree with you say “absolute pish” etc. Now your “pissing your pants” at a little criticism back. Isn’t it ironic? Don’t you think?

I have never used that type of language ....don’t mind differing viewpoints , but I can choose if I engage or not ... no idea why your getting involved tbh

The 90+2
05-03-2020, 08:44 PM

aye hearts are brilliant now all of a sudden and it was just an off night. Any idea how many away games it was between their last win (us at home) and wiping the floor with us, at home again? They haven’t won a game of football in the league this season outside Edinburgh. Yet people are clambering to say how they are something decent now and people are over reacting? How about we are not as good as a lot of people think we are and a few of our players are finished? ***** against Livi, ***** before the Sending off against Inverness and humiliated on Tuesday - that’s good form according to some.

Let’s hope Rob Gordon hasn’t got the same belly tickling attitude as some on here, that show more aggression to some posters telling it like it is instead of striving for better for our football club.

calumhibee1
05-03-2020, 08:47 PM
I have never used that type of language ....don’t mind differing viewpoints , but I can choose if I engage or not ... no idea why your getting involved tbh

I apologise for my use of the word pish and any trauma it may have caused.

Peevemor
05-03-2020, 08:53 PM
I have never used that type of language ....don’t mind differing viewpoints , but I can choose if I engage or not ... no idea why your getting involved tbhProbably because he's not getting enough attention.

bigwheel
05-03-2020, 08:55 PM
Probably because he's not getting enough attention.

[emoji23]

G B Young
05-03-2020, 08:58 PM

As others have pointed out Stendel has admitted he has scrapped the system since only an erroneous red card prevented them being soundly beaten by Hamilton at home. So it's not so much that the players are getting the system. They were clearly never going to get it. However, a return to a more conventional 'get in their faces' approach to the derby is now being lauded as a shining example of the high press in action.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2020, 09:28 PM
As others have pointed out Stendel has admitted he has scrapped the system since only an erroneous red card prevented them being soundly beaten by Hamilton at home. So it's not so much that the players are getting the system. They were clearly never going to get it. However, a return to a more conventional 'get in their faces' approach to the derby is now being lauded as a shining example of the high press in action.

Steven Naismith certainly wisnae hinging aboot when he came on he was like a man possessed kicking everything that moved

Jack Ross could certainly learn a few things about the Edinburgh Derby watching his contribution to events

brog
05-03-2020, 09:30 PM
The Famous 5 lost considerably more games against Hearts than they won. In one season, we lost 5 1 & 5 0 in the space of a month at Tiny in cup & league. Can you imagine if Hibs Net existed then? Derbies are always a different game.
I loathe Hearts but one way or another they've now stumbled on a decent set up with decent players. TBF to Dannyboy he immediately binned their biggest liability, Berra so he's not all daft. Conversely, or perhaps perversely, I'm now more relaxed about the cup game than I was before Tuesday.

keep the faith
05-03-2020, 09:32 PM
aye hearts are brilliant now all of a sudden and it was just an off night. Any idea how many away games it was between their last win (us at home) and wiping the floor with us, at home again? They haven’t won a game of football in the league this season outside Edinburgh. Yet people are clambering to say how they are something decent now and people are over reacting? How about we are not as good as a lot of people think we are and a few of our players are finished? ***** against Livi, ***** before the Sending off against Inverness and humiliated on Tuesday - that’s good form according to some.

Let’s hope Rob Gordon hasn’t got the same belly tickling attitude as some on here, that show more aggression to some posters telling it like it is instead of striving for better for our football club.

I think what they really need is some of your brand of tough love mate. That should do it. Tell them their finished. That they didnt try. Wage thiefs!! Tell them like it is!!

hibsbollah
05-03-2020, 09:34 PM

I didn't say it was the high press :dunno: And it certainly wasn't a traditional Hertz hoofball kick anything that moves derby display either. Sometimes you have to park your prejudices and look at the football objectively. They were very good. They could get humped in their next game and I'll still maintain that they were very good on Tuesday. Far too much knowledge after the fact going on.

Brightside
05-03-2020, 10:00 PM
It’s the same people. Every time we lose. Never see them any other time.

superfurryhibby
05-03-2020, 10:35 PM

Resorting to making things up, that's ironic, I think.

superfurryhibby
05-03-2020, 10:38 PM
I didn't say it was the high press :dunno: And it certainly wasn't a traditional Hertz hoofball kick anything that moves derby display either. Sometimes you have to park your prejudices and look at the football objectively. They were very good. They could get humped in their next game and I'll still maintain that they were very good on Tuesday. Far too much knowledge after the fact going on.

They played well, end of.

As you say they could get humped next game, but on Tuesday they were determined, clever with the ball and totally outplayed and outfought us. Very disappointing, but I'll wait until Ross get the chance to sign his own players and mould a team before donning the Tenna Man pads.

ehf
05-03-2020, 10:59 PM
***** before the Sending off against Inverness

That's enough.

lord bunberry
06-03-2020, 12:51 AM
I don’t know why anyone is surprised at what happened on Tuesday. We’re a half decent team with a manager that’s came in and done reasonably well. If that game had been anyone other than hearts it wouldn’t have been met with as much hysteria. The simple fact is we’re never guaranteed a victory against any team at the moment. It’s hard to take, but it doesn’t mean our season is over and it doesn’t mean we’ll definitely lose the semifinal either. We’ve been inconsistent all season, but we’re one game away from the cup final and I’m refusing to buy the same old defeatist attitude that we always **** it up against hearts. The fact is in recent times we’ve shown we can and have won when it matters against hearts. Ross will have taken in what happened on Tuesday and he’ll have the team prepared for the cup tie. That defeat will galvanise everyone at the club to win the semifinal.

Since452
06-03-2020, 05:44 AM
Three days later and I'm still fuming. The players deserved to be slaughtered but it's been and gone. They'll get my full backing tomorrow. It's over to them.

G B Young
06-03-2020, 06:51 AM

I doubt anyone would dispute that, on the night, they were by far the better side. However, I think what most are saying is that based on their season thus far it seems a remarkable stretch to suggest that they have become a good side virtually overnight. They've been stuck around the foot of the table since August and their league record got even worse when Stendel came in almost four months ago. It's surely fair to say that a side which is bottom of the league with less than a quarter of the season to go is there because they've been the worst side in the league up to that point.

On that basis, and when you look at the respective league positions and points tallies of both clubs, allowance surely has to be made for the mind-boggling spinelessness of the Hibs display on Tuesday when putting Hearts' performance in context?

I'm just not buying the implication by some that Hearts' season has been some sort of long con, that they were a better side than they were letting on, and that they simply waited until March to deliver the sting. As others have pointed out, the fact that their only two away wins have come at ER points to a flaw in the Hibs mindset for those two fixtures.

hibsbollah
06-03-2020, 06:59 AM
I doubt anyone would dispute that, on the night, they were by far the better side. However, I think what most are saying is that based on their season thus far it seems a remarkable stretch to suggest that they have become a good side virtually overnight. They've been stuck around the foot of the table since August and their league record got even worse when Stendel came in almost four months ago. It's surely fair to say that a side which is bottom of the league with less than a quarter of the season to go is there because they've been the worst side in the league up to that point.

On that basis, and when you look at the respective league positions and points tallies of both clubs, allowance surely has to be made for the mind-boggling spinelessness of the Hibs display on Tuesday when putting Hearts' performance in context?

I'm just not buying the implication by some that Hearts' season has been some sort of long con, that they were a better side than they were letting on, and that they simply waited until March to deliver the sting.

'long con?' who said that? You're very fond of proposing the straw man in a debate. My actual position, echoed by many, is they played very well, notwithstanding our shocking display. The fact that Stendel has apparently modified his high press (and in fact they DID move their defenders right up when on the ball to contract space against transition, which is textbook new press tactics). That doesn't mean that we were playing a typical team of hearts cloggers. It's irrelevant what they did four months ago, we're talking about now.

greenpaper55
06-03-2020, 07:00 AM
I think the game was lost due to the players mentality after the win over ICT, the highlights made them look good which they were at times but even in that game we hardly won any fifty fifty tackles. To many times i have seen Hibs beat teams that think they have it made and all they have to do is come out and stroll a game and for this i have to blame the manager. he said in the post match interview last friday that he has to remind the players how good they are, well the players certainly took that to heart on Tuesday !

green with envy
06-03-2020, 07:03 AM
I think the game was lost due to the players mentality after the win over ICT, the highlights made them look good which they were at times but even in that game we hardly won any fifty fifty tackles. To many times i have seen Hibs beat teams that think they have it made and all they have to do is come out and stroll a game and for this i have to blame the manager. he said in the post match interview last friday that he has to remind the players how good they are, well the players certainly took that to heart on Tuesday !

Absolute drivel.

Barman Stanton
06-03-2020, 07:33 AM

I think Hearts played better than us. As simple as that. They won by the same margin that we did at Tynecastle. Regardless of their league position it clicked for them during the week and they got a good result. The reaction to this defeat is way over the top.

Phil MaGlass
06-03-2020, 07:37 AM

Jesus Wept..

This .

G B Young
06-03-2020, 02:31 PM
'long con?' who said that? You're very fond of proposing the straw man in a debate. My actual position, echoed by many, is they played very well, notwithstanding our shocking display. The fact that Stendel has apparently modified his high press (and in fact they DID move their defenders right up when on the ball to contract space against transition, which is textbook new press tactics). That doesn't mean that we were playing a typical team of hearts cloggers. It's irrelevant what they did four months ago, we're talking about now.

I had to look up what you meant with the straw man reference. I wasn't referring to your post specifically (so apologies if it came across that way), more a general observation that several posters seem to be suggesting that Hearts were always better than their league position indicated. Personally, I would see merit in that if they'd had a bad first 10 or 12 games, but to reach nearly 30 games and still be bottom of the table doesn't convince me they've secretly been good all along.

Regarding your last sentence, I'm talking about what they were doing just a couple of weeks ago (ie scraping a draw at home to Hamilton in a game they were lucky not to lose comfortably) and questioning whether they've really undergone a wholesale transformation since then or whether our dismal showing helped to make them look better than they are.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2020, 04:57 PM
It’s the same people. Every time we lose. Never see them any other time.

Just as its the same folk protecting the same players who are pish, Ross should have done the same with Hanlon as lizard man did with Berra.

ekhibee
06-03-2020, 05:21 PM
For the OP. They the players are lucky their no playing in Italy or some of those other countries were supporters really take extreme measures after a poor performance. Letting off steam on a forum is a great way for fans to let off steam. Players if they have any sense won’t read it and most supporters will crack on and support the team again once the they get over the hurt of losing in such a manner. The players deserve everything that’s coming their way. That was unacceptable last night.

Totally agree.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Just as its the same folk protecting the same players who are pish, Ross should have done the same with Hanlon as lizard man did with Berra.

Literally slaughtering the players?
Worked well when Butcher butchered the squad.

SquashedFrogg
06-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Literally slaughtering the players?
Worked well when Butcher butchered the squad.

On a similar theme. I always wondered if Rodgers rodgered the Celtic squad?

Cropley10
06-03-2020, 07:56 PM

No chance. Like a cat with a mouse. Nothing better to do.

Cropley10
06-03-2020, 08:02 PM

Great point.