PDA

View Full Version : I genuinely still think we'll win the Semi..

California-Hibs
04-03-2020, 12:41 PM
Call me mad, but..

Hearts played the game of their season last night, everything clicked for them, it was literally their max yet they still couldn't break us down 1st half and it took a fortuitous penalty to set them on their way.

Us on the other hand, look, the recent results and form doesn't lie, we've had some great performances of late, but sometimes you get away with 2 or 3 having an off night but not practically the whole team. That wasnt our usual game at all yesterday, no where near it!

I honestly don't think we'll be as bad as that again and that Ross and the players will channel the hurt and inept performance of last night and turn it into a Semi Final win.

Call me what you like but that's the mood im in. People can choose to mump and moan, and let it linger on. Im putting it down to an extremely bad day at the office.

Bring on the Semi!

HibeeHibernian4
04-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Another California-Hibs promise, you’re worse than the politicians! :greengrin

California-Hibs
04-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Another California-Hibs promise, you’re worse than the politicians! :greengrin

🤣 I'll get one right.....I promise!

jacomo
04-03-2020, 12:54 PM
I think we will too.

Bostonhibby
04-03-2020, 12:55 PM
Call me mad, but..

Hearts played the game of their season last night, everything clicked for them, it was literally their max yet they still couldn't break us down 1st half and it took a fortuitous penalty to set them on their way.

Us on the other hand, look, the recent results and form doesn't lie, we've had some great performances of late, but sometimes you get away with 2 or 3 having an off night but not practically the whole team. That wasnt our usual game at all yesterday, no where near it!

I honestly don't think we'll be as bad as that again and that Ross and the players will channel the hurt and inept performance of last night and turn it into a Semi Final win.

Call me what you like but that's the mood im in. People can choose to mump and moan, and let it linger on. Im putting it down to an extremely bad day at the office.

Bring on the Semi!Can see where you're coming from but if the semi becomes their next "game of the season", and it will, all it requires us to do is sleepwalk into it like last night thinking we have a defence and can compete with a similar type of midfield set up and we're out.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 01:02 PM
No reason to think we wont. We have consistently been a better team than Hearts this season. Every team has off days and hopefully thats ours out the system.

Since452
04-03-2020, 01:03 PM
We need to win the battle. If we do that we'll win the game. Hearts bullied us all over the park and got their reward. **** this fancy football pish.

California-Hibs
04-03-2020, 01:04 PM
Can see where you're coming from but if the semi becomes their next "game of the season", and it will, all it requires us to do is sleepwalk into it like last night thinking we have a defence and can compete with a similar type of midfield set up and we're out.

Really not so sure. Do you think they wanted to lose on their own patch on Boxing Day and have us gloating in the away end singing Christmas songs? - Definitely not, but it happened, there was no 'game of the season's that day.

Think they've used their get out of jail card. Let's see if they repeat it in the Semi or not. On yesterday's viewing Clare will be a miss for them..

Waxy
04-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Every chance. Could go to penalties.Anything can happen in a derby.The unexpected seems to be happening alot lately.

Sgt. Hartman
04-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Couldn't agree more!

Make no bones about it, last night was a disastrous display and will continue to sting for the next few days/weeks. I still genuinely believe in Jack Ross and John Potter to put their boots up a couple of the boys ***** and have them ready for a dog fight in the semi.

Rest assured we will not be out bullied in the middle of the park quite like we were in the second half last night

Zazu62
04-03-2020, 01:14 PM
Our defence is brutal. Even BSC Glasgow scored and look dangerous against us. I hope we pull it off but we are soft as ****

Pretty Boy
04-03-2020, 01:16 PM
We should have learned a lot from last night. They totally swamped us in midfield, got in our faces and never gave us a second to play. We just didn't deal with it but it won't catch us by surprise again. I'd be worried if Hearts beat us playing silky football that we could never hope to match but whilst they were sharp when they broke away, it was largely down to application and desire that they totally overran us. The way they played will be hard to counteract and anyone thinking we will stroll into Hampden and win easily is deluded but if we can avoid giving away a stupid 1st goal next time then it's a different game. For as bad as we were it was only when we had to open up after the penalty that the game ran away from us.

I'm not going to tell anyone what to think about the semi but some of the stuff being said is just self pitying nonsense. Anyone not going to the game because of last night would be an utter hypocrite if they are the same people talking about bottle or calling players cowards. Last night was one to forget, it was beyond poor. The semi final is another day and we should be getting right behind this team.

Bostonhibby
04-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Really not so sure. Do you think they wanted to lose on their own patch on Boxing Day and have us gloating in the away end singing Christmas songs? - Definitely not, but it happened, there was no 'game of the season's that day.

Think they've used their get out of jail card. Let's see if they repeat it in the Semi or not. On yesterday's viewing Clare will be a miss for them..Hope you're right, but they could have turned a corner with a big helping hand from us last night.

Question for me is will we improve enough tactically and defensively in particular? Important few games coming up but when is it ever any different following Hibs?[emoji16]

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 01:22 PM
Embarrassing pish. You think we'd learn.

I can't see us winning it at all. I don't think folk actually realize how bad we were last night. At no point were we the better side. Not for a minute. Utter garbage.

I think we'll huff and puff like we always do and lose to a "lucky" goal. We're back to being gash against them and they'll take full advantage

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 01:32 PM
Me too. That big pitch to get in behind that bunch of hoofball merchants. Oh, wait.

murray26
04-03-2020, 01:33 PM
We should have learned a lot from last night. They totally swamped us in midfield, got in our faces and never gave us a second to play. We just didn't deal with it but it won't catch us by surprise again. I'd be worried if Hearts beat us playing silky football that we could never hope to match but whilst they were sharp when they broke away, it was largely down to application and desire that they totally overran us. The way they played will be hard to counteract and anyone thinking we will stroll into Hampden and win easily is deluded but if we can avoid giving away a stupid 1st goal next time then it's a different game. For as bad as we were it was only when we had to open up after the penalty that the game ran away from us.

I'm not going to tell anyone what to think about the semi but some of the stuff being said is just self pitying nonsense. Anyone not going to the game because of last night would be an utter hypocrite if they are the same people talking about bottle or calling players cowards. Last night was one to forget, it was beyond poor. The semi final is another day and we should be getting right behind this team.

👍 good post.. we’ve still got a very good chance of winning at Hampden we now know it won’t be easy.. no excuses let’s sell out and back the team.

NthCarolinaHibs
04-03-2020, 01:37 PM
Me too. That big pitch to get in behind that bunch of hoofball merchants. Oh, wait.

Same sized pitch as Easter Road...

mcohibs
04-03-2020, 01:39 PM

I can't see us winning it at all. I don't think folk actually realize how bad we were last night. At no point were we the better side. Not for a minute. Utter garbage.

I think we'll huff and puff like we always do and lose to a "lucky" goal. We're back to being gash against them and they'll take full advantage

That's the spirit

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 01:40 PM
Same sized pitch as Easter Road...

I know :aok: maybe the smaller pitch at PBS is a hinderance for them ironically.

davhibby
04-03-2020, 01:57 PM

We weren’t “gash” against them when we beat them 2-0 3 months ago. There’s a lot to be said about how bad we were last night but we’re certainly more than capable of winning the semi. Our reaction to last night in our next few games will give an idea of where this team are mentality wise

Vini1875
04-03-2020, 01:59 PM
I think we'll win. We won't play as badly against anyone this season, they won't play better.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 02:02 PM

I think everyone that saw the game is fully aware how bad we were. Some just have a little more bottle than yourself and realise we can of course beat them in the semi.

And back to being gash against them? We won the last game ffs. It was one game where we played brutal.

Since452
04-03-2020, 02:20 PM
I'm still stunned and really angry at our performance last night BUT if we win at Hampden it'll be forgotten about. That should be all the motivation the players need. Go and ****ing prove us wrong.

flash
04-03-2020, 02:21 PM

Surprise to see you taking this line.

California-Hibs
04-03-2020, 02:22 PM

Bundle of joy you are..

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 02:25 PM
We weren’t “gash” against them when we beat them 2-0 3 months ago. There’s a lot to be said about how bad we were last night but we’re certainly more than capable of winning the semi. Our reaction to last night in our next few games will give an idea of where this team are mentality wise

We've lost 3 of the last 4 home derbies. That is a horrendous stat. It is really any wonder I'm feeling pretty negative about our chances?

Wheat Hound
04-03-2020, 02:28 PM
We've lost 3 of the last 4 home derbies. That is a horrendous stat. It is really any wonder I'm feeling pretty negative about our chances?

That is horrendous.

To be fair though, Hertz haven't won a home derby since May 2018.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 02:29 PM
That is horrendous.

To be fair though, Hertz haven't won a home derby since May 2018.

Exactly. And the semi isn't a home derby for either team.

Davy Mac
04-03-2020, 02:31 PM
Sorry, but I think it will be more of the same. The team is painfully short in putting up any kind of scrap, there not good enough in this department. I'll bet you, the Hertz players were on double bonuses last night. For our younger netters, this was Hertz policy throughout the 80's and 90's and it worked. Ron, treble bonuses for the semi-final, something has to change.

OstKurve Hibs
04-03-2020, 02:32 PM
Every chance. Could go to penalties.Anything can happen in a derby.The unexpected seems to be happening alot lately.

Hopefully not penalties since we domt seem to have anyone that can score one

davhibby
04-03-2020, 02:33 PM

And we’ve won the last 2 away ones. Neither of those stats really matter when we’re talking about the semi though since it’s neither a home or an away game.

Lancs Harp
04-03-2020, 02:34 PM
I confident Jack and boys will come good.

Hearts wont change their tactics (why should they) so we'll know exactly what were are up against. We got it badly wrong last night, learn from it, put it right and impose our game on them. A long hard look at what we did and didnt do yesterday is required its a strong test for Jack one I think he'll get right.

Hopefully we'll see a reaction on saturday against tough opponents in Aberdeen who will also press and have a physicality about them.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 02:36 PM
And we’ve won the last 2 away ones. Neither of those stats really matter when we’re talking about the semi though since it’s neither a home or an away game.

The pitch will suit their game more.

hibbie02
04-03-2020, 02:42 PM

How exactly would that help us?

TheMentalHibees
04-03-2020, 03:01 PM
They played the ball long and pressed us. I’d say the result was more down to our failure to deal with this effectively than them having a great game. They carried out their game plan but it wasn’t like they were scintillating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
04-03-2020, 03:03 PM
Call me mad, but..

Bring on the Semi!

There's a part of me that thinks you need to pack in these hyper confident threads pre-derby. Then I remember we can't all be as fatalistic and jaded about our chances against them so crack on :greengrin:

Steve20
04-03-2020, 03:04 PM
I'd say we have a chance. I'd think they'll be favourites by the time the game comes round though. And we'd need our players not to be scared of 50/50 balls and learn how to defend properly. It can be done, IF the players want to.

Sammy7nil
04-03-2020, 03:10 PM
We need to win the battle. If we do that we'll win the game. Hearts bullied us all over the park and got their reward. **** this fancy football pish.

Correct we are never allowed to play football against Hearts we play to their strengths every time.
We must win the fight before we can play in the words of Yogi Hughes " it is 11 square go's out there I will win mine you win yours"

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 03:15 PM
They played the ball long and pressed us. I’d say the result was more down to our failure to deal with this effectively than them having a great game. They carried out their game plan but it wasn’t like they were scintillating.

There was only one team hoofing it and it wasn’t them. It was predictable as anything. Any time we tried to pass it ended out of play. Hoof the ball up top or pass to Boyle seemed to be the message.

bingo70
04-03-2020, 03:21 PM
I never thought we would win both games.

Probability (is that the right word?) just said that knowing Hibs we were very unlikely to win both, history just said it’s not something that wa skillet to happen.

Last night whether we like it or not, was a bigger game for them than it was for us, that shouldn’t have made a difference to the match but it appeared to me as if it did. I think we’ll have learned lessons from last night and we are bound to play better. I also think there’s a chance Hearts could take their eye off the ball and become a bit complacent.

I think we might just win the semi final now, I am however fully aware of just how bad we were last night. There’s no question if we play like that again then we will get beat.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-03-2020, 03:25 PM
Hibs will be favourites for the Semi regardless of the doom merchants.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 03:31 PM

Yes, but being favourites is totally and utterly irrelevant. We were favourites last night and we a gash second best.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-03-2020, 03:35 PM
Yes, but being favourites is totally and utterly irrelevant. We were favourites last night and we a gash second best.

Its irrelevant if we perform like that of course, but those looking at it from an unbiased objective view (bookies) don't assume a repeat is inevitable.

sean04
04-03-2020, 03:38 PM
I think we will win the semi

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 03:39 PM
Its irrelevant if we perform like that of course, but those looking at it from an unbiased objective view (bookies) don't assume a repeat is inevitable.

If they looked at history they'd see a repeat is most likely inevitable. Let's be honest, it probably is. I'll be absolutely delighted and very surprised if we turn up and beat them. Last night was our chance to put them in real trouble and climb the league and we put in as bad a performance as I've ever seen from Hibs.

bingo70
04-03-2020, 03:39 PM

You’ve taken this result bad eh?

Are you not normally annoyingly positive or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?

Last night was *****, really ***** actually, it doesn’t give any guarantees as to what will happen in the semi final though.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-03-2020, 03:41 PM
If they looked at history they'd see a repeat is most likely inevitable. Let's be honest, it probably is. I'll be absolutely delighted and very surprised if we turn up and beat them. Last night was our chance to put them in real trouble and climb the league and we put in as bad a performance as I've ever seen from Hibs.

Hope you put every pound you can on Hearts to win, seeing as it's such a certainty.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 03:42 PM
You’ve taken this result bad eh?

Are you not normally annoyingly positive or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?

Last night was *****, really ***** actually, it doesn’t give any guarantees as to what will happen in the semi final though.
I am yes.

Watching them have the time of their life's while we folded like a paper bag has made me extremely angry. It was an utter disgrace last night.

They utterly pished on us and I seen nothing to suggest we'll get even close to them in the semi. Last night BSC Glasgow would've put up a better fight.

bigwheel
04-03-2020, 03:43 PM

Lol. You mustn’t have seen us much If that is as bad as You’ve seen....wouldn’t be in the top 100 for me....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Hope you put every pound you can on Hearts to win, seeing as it's such a certainty.

Smart money is definitely on them.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 03:46 PM
Lol. You mustn’t have seen us much If that is as bad as You’ve seen....wouldn’t be in the top 100 for me....

Blatant lie that is. Name 100 worse, go on.

I've seen us plenty, not missed a home game in 5 years, 80% of away games in that time. That was as bad as I've seen.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 03:51 PM

Favourite last night too.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 03:53 PM

End this sentence then please, “last night was the worst performance from a Hibernian side since....”.

Only thing that comes close is Ibrox at the start of the season but at least then it was down to ten against a team in great form.

bigwheel
04-03-2020, 03:58 PM
Blatant lie that is. Name 100 worse, go on.

I've seen us plenty, not missed a home game in 5 years, 80% of away games in that time. That was as bad as I've seen.

Five years.....

bigwheel
04-03-2020, 04:00 PM
End this sentence then please, “last night was the worst performance from a Hibernian side since....”.

Only thing that comes close is Ibrox at the start of the season but at least then it was down to ten against a team in great form.

Livingston away...

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 04:02 PM
Five years.....

Yes, been going for nearly 20 now.

Hibernianinc
04-03-2020, 04:03 PM
There are 2 “positives’ to take from last night onto the SF-

We can get beaten, so no underestimating the opponent
We can’t play that badly again

I’ve seen some utterly awful Hibs teams in my time, last night was a decent team have a collective stinker.

So, we’ve been warned and we should be better.

Hibs win.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 04:03 PM
Livingston away...

Yes, maybe as bad but far more understandable, plastic pitch etc. Not one single excuse last night.

bigwheel
04-03-2020, 04:10 PM
Yes, maybe as bad but far more understandable, plastic pitch etc. Not one single excuse last night.

....your reaction to last night feels more emotional than rationale....

Think we’ve lost two games in about 13 or more....I’d have taken that at new year if offered...

bingo70
04-03-2020, 04:14 PM
I am yes.

Watching them have the time of their life's while we folded like a paper bag has made me extremely angry. It was an utter disgrace last night.

They utterly pished on us and I seen nothing to suggest we'll get even close to them in the semi. Last night BSC Glasgow would've put up a better fight.

FWIW I’m the same.

When we got beat in derbies before it used to really get to me for days after, I was speaking to a boy at my work yesterday afternoon and I was laughing at the old me for letting it bother me so much. I have to say though, that performance last night has annoyed me more than any league derby I can remember.

I just can’t believe we will be that bad twice in a row against them.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 04:17 PM
....your reaction to last night feels more emotional than rationale....

Think we’ve lost two games in about 13 or more....I’d have taken that at new year if offered...

Of course it is emotional, I'm a fan.

Its not really irrational though, we were absolutely gash. Thats a fact.

Those stats don't matter when Hearts smash a 3rd goal past us and their fans go ballastic. Were you really sitting there going ''well, I'd have taken this at new year''

Were you f***

mcohibs
04-03-2020, 04:22 PM

Those stats don't matter when Hearts smash a 3rd goal past us and their fans go ballastic. Were you really sitting there going ''well, I'd have taken this at new year''

Were you f***

Think you've missed a bit off the end of that mate

bigwheel
04-03-2020, 04:24 PM

Were you f***

They do to me...as it’s about the 38 games...not just three or four..on the way home, I viewed it as a very poor day at the office..unfortunately a bad three points lost for us against our rivals...but i trust the team to respond, they’ve shown they can

Tbh. For all our poor play, the game was in the balance until the first goal...then we crumbled...to me, your reaction seems way over the top....

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 04:27 PM
They do to me...as it’s about the 38 games...not just three or four..on the way home, I viewed it as a very poor day at the office..unfortunately a bad three points lost for us against our rivals...but i trust the team to respond, they’ve shown they can

Tbh. For all our poor play, the game was in the balance until the first goal...then we crumbled...to me, your reaction seems way over the top....

They should've been ahead before then, Boyce missed a great chance. Only one team was winning last night, even at 0-0

bigwheel
04-03-2020, 04:34 PM
They should've been ahead before then, Boyce missed a great chance. Only one team was winning last night, even at 0-0

I’m not going to disagree that they looked brighter...but neither were they creating lots of decent chances before the pen...they weren’t. Afterwards they were much more potent...

It is one game...will make it all the sweeter when we beat them at Hampden.

KingFranck
04-03-2020, 05:25 PM
On a bigger pitch Boyle should have a field day but every other player needs to stand up to them and give 100 %

I might get shot down here but I think Slivka should play, he certainly wouldn't be bullied off the ball like Omeonga was last night.

Zazu62
04-03-2020, 05:26 PM
Bring it on. Ram yer 1902

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 05:31 PM
Livingston away...

What three down to they ****s, bottom of the table,with minutes left, at home, isn’t as bad as being pumped off Livi?

Next. You’ve 499 shots left tbf 😁

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 05:31 PM
On a bigger pitch Boyle should have a field day but every other player needs to stand up to them and give 100 %

I might get shot down here but I think Slivka should play, he certainly wouldn't be bullied off the ball like Omeonga was last night.

The pitch is not bigger, same size as the Easter Road pitch he got bullied on last night.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 05:32 PM

They play better on a bigger pitch. We look to hoof it. We have to slowly accept they facts.

chrisski33
04-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Sorry, but I think it will be more of the same. The team is painfully short in putting up any kind of scrap, there not good enough in this department. I'll bet you, the Hertz players were on double bonuses last night. For our younger netters, this was Hertz policy throughout the 80's and 90's and it worked. Ron, treble bonuses for the semi-final, something has to change.
Yup time to pay up for Ron. Offer the players double, triple bonuses. Maybe even get goggles and ropes out at training

Sir David Gray
04-03-2020, 05:42 PM

Hampden's pitch is the same dimensions as Easter Road.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 05:46 PM
They play better on a bigger pitch. We look to hoof it. We have to slowly accept they facts.

Don’t remember much hoofing in the previous few games.

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2020, 05:49 PM
With that back 4 we will need to score at least 3 times to win, i'm not confident at all we can do that. :rolleyes:

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 05:51 PM
Don’t remember much hoofing in the previous few games.

Happens all the time. The back four are incapable of playing a pass or even taking a throw in. That’s even before their defending skills come into it.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 05:55 PM
Happens all the time. The back four are incapable of playing a pass or even taking a throw in. That’s even before their defending skills come into it.

Rubbish. McGinn had an assist at the weekend. Hanlon can certainty pass a ball.

Honestly it must suck to be so negative all the time.

It’s astonishing how much some are losing their **** at a loss. No backbone in much of our support.

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2020, 06:00 PM

It’s astonishing how much some are losing their **** at a loss. No backbone in much of our support.

Absolute guff, we even lost a goal against Billy smarts circus, we cant defend, we have poor defenders.

We wont qualify for Europe through our league position, and personally i cant see us winning the cup.

Another poor team having poor results, just about making the top 6, wooohooo, get the open top bus out.

The only thing i'm looking forward to, is the jumbotron and the wage increase, if that happens, then Ross will have a budget to get rid of the crap we have, and bring in genuine quality, rather that the dross we currently have.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 06:01 PM

They might have assists at times but it’s hoof central at other times, especially last night when the ball wasn’t getting played out the park.

There’s not a lot to be positive about, ya ****er we are in the top six for now and in a semi we will likely bottle.

If you want to call out the negatives then what are the positives? We struggled against Livi, we struggled against Inverness until they went down to ten and we got done good and proper last night yet some would have us believe we have good form? We lose to Aberdeen at the weekend it will be “look at the pant wetters, we don’t expect to win up there anyway”. There’s always hundreds of excuses for some.

mcfly
04-03-2020, 06:03 PM
With that back 4 we will need to score at least 3 times to win, i'm not confident at all we can do that. :rolleyes:

Correct.

We have conceded goals all season.

Utter disgrace those defenders making mistake after mistake week in week out still get a game.

Hearts bullied us last night, if hibs players don’t get some back bone then they will do it at hampden.

Surely they have to improve.

I would expect changes for sat. Certainly at the back and in midfield

neil7908
04-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Let's see how we respond to the defeat before making predictions on the semi final.

Win at Aberdeen and I'll start feeling a bit more positive.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 06:04 PM
Absolute guff, we even lost a goal against Billy smarts circus, we cant defend, we have poor defenders.

We wont qualify for Europe through our league position, and personally i cant see us winning the cup.

Another poor team having poor results, just about making the top 6, wooohooo, get the open top bus out.

The only thing i'm looking forward to, is the jumbotron and the wage increase, if that happens, then Ross will have a budget to get rid of the crap we have, and bring in genuine quality, rather that the dross we currently have.

Spot on, especially the Tron. That’s actually cheered me up as I forgot about it.

Greenworld
04-03-2020, 06:09 PM
Is the time confirmed ? Thought I saw12.30 the sat ?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

emerald green
04-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Call me mad, but..

Bring on the Semi!

Oh oh, here we go again. Are you trying to kid yourself on or kid anyone else that will swallow this nonsense?

But hey, you crack on. You're entitled to your opinions, but I reserve the right to "mump and moan" about one of the worst performances I've seen from Hibs against Hearts (sitting bottom of a crap league), and I've seen and suffered plenty.

What makes last night's defeat worse for me was they've come to OUR GROUND and beaten us easily, whilst sitting bottom of the league. Something else Hibs fans will be getting rammed down their throats for ever.

Jamesie
04-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Two things make me pessimistic about the semi:

(i) this Jack Ross team has yet to convince me that it has the mental fortitude to deal with the weight of expectation from a big Hibs crowd - see for example Rangers in December and last night. While we got a win at Tynie in December and came close to taking something at Ibrox recently, in both instances we were the "outsider".

(ii) the above does not augur well in terms of what is already a shocking recent record against Hearts at Hampden. Coincidentally last night was the first time Hearts had scored over two goals in a Derby since the 2012 Cup Final.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 06:29 PM
Two things make me pessimistic about the semi:

(i) this Jack Ross team has yet to convince me that it has the mental fortitude to deal with the weight of expectation from a big Hibs crowd - see for example Rangers in December and last night. While we got a win at Tynie in December and came close to taking something at Ibrox recently, in both instances we were the "outsider".

(ii) the above does not augur well in terms of what is already a shocking recent record against Hearts at Hampden. Coincidentally last night was the first time Hearts had scored over two goals in a Derby since the 2012 Cup Final.

I hope I'm proven wrong.

In response to your first point - I think the weight of expectation has just been lifted from this Hibs team!

RossScott1991
04-03-2020, 06:36 PM
Stendel focused on Boyle and doubled up on him. For me I’d play him through the middle in the semi final.

rocky (GK)

jackson (CB)
mcgregor (CB)
hanlon (CB)

Mcginn (RWB)
Newell (LWB)

Hallberg (CDM)
Docherty (CM)
Allan (CM)

Boyle (ST)
Doidge (ST)

How id be tempted to go next time round

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Will we ever learn? 😪

A semi-final loss will be devastating but people need to be realistic. Harping back to the Boxing Day Derby is useless, they look like an entirely different team. Should they pick up a run of form then it’s going to be a very tough game.

Ronniekirk
04-03-2020, 07:32 PM
No reason to think we wont. We have consistently been a better team than Hearts this season. Every team has off days and hopefully thats ours out the system.

Livi away was a shocker last game before the winter shutdown
Our frailties were badly exposed last night For both Omenga and Docherty to play so poorly wasn’t expected But Hearts now know how to play is as we didn’t handle it and couldn’t change it
That has to remain a concern
But it was the way the whole team seemed to collectively shut down and could make decisions and couldn’t re group and play our way back into the game that was alarming
We have a few weeks to try out different things but No one , players or management team cane up with any solutions last night

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 11:49 PM
Our defence aye is a worry however what's so good about bottom of the league Hearts defence?

CloudSquall
05-03-2020, 12:10 AM
Depends if we play Stevenson as LWB again.

If we can play Newell there Hearts will need to have a man to cover him meaning they can't double up on Boyle or have an extra man in central mid.

This should mean we can impose ourselves more on them and play more of our own game.

Kato
05-03-2020, 01:42 AM

I think we'll huff and puff like we always do and lose to a "lucky" goal. We're back to being gash against them and they'll take full advantageGreat post MWHIBBIES, that'll get the discussion going.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
05-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Our defence aye is a worry however what's so good about bottom of the league Hearts defence?

We couldn’t breach it till it was too late

S4uzee
05-03-2020, 10:00 PM
Hampden's pitch is the same dimensions as Easter Road.

You might be right but I find that hard to believe

Sir David Gray
05-03-2020, 10:12 PM

It's been mentioned on here several times in recent weeks.

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2020, 01:32 AM

It probably looks and even feels bigger because of the huge track area all around it .... when there in person or watching it on TV that's certainly the feeling I get. Psychologically to players it maybe has that feel to it as well, which is why they always go on about the big Hampden pitch.

Whatever the case, both the pitch at ER or Hampden should have enough space to make Hearts high pressing game far harder to play than at their pit. It worked for them on Tuesday because Hibs allowed them to make it work, we didn't have enough composure, we allowed them to rush us into hurried passes and stupid decisions, leading to far too many 50/50 balls in the midfield which their bigger more physical players were able to win the majority of and far far too many of our players didn't play as well as we know they can.

Since452
06-03-2020, 05:30 AM
I don't even want to think about the semi until the day. Tuesday should have been a dominant win for us and had us all feeling pretty confident but good old Hibs have managed to get me ****ing myself for Hampden. You need a ****ing medal supporting this club at times. It wasn't even a close game on Tuesday. We were utterly bossed and that worries me. I'll see what happens on the day but certainly won't be making any stupid predictions.

I just want the players to right a wrong.

Nicho87
06-03-2020, 07:00 AM
Too many worst performance of the season creeping in under Ross.

Rangers at home
Livi away
Ross county away
Hearts at home
First half v Hamilton

Barman Stanton
06-03-2020, 07:14 AM
I don't even want to think about the semi until the day. Tuesday should have been a dominant win for us and had us all feeling pretty confident but good old Hibs have managed to get me ****ing myself for Hampden. You need a ****ing medal supporting this club at times. It wasn't even a close game on Tuesday. We were utterly bossed and that worries me. I'll see what happens on the day but certainly won't be making any stupid predictions.

Its never been easy. But the bad moments (and there is plenty) make the good ones all the better when supporting a team like Hibs.

GreenCastle
06-03-2020, 07:15 AM

Rangers at home
Livi away
Ross county away
Hearts at home
First half v Hamilton

Our home games against Rangers have been awful under Hecky and Ross.

The first away game at Ibrox was probably the worst of the season under Hecky - alongside the P45 Derby loss.

Livi, County away weren’t great.

Livi and Hearts at home we struggled mainly due to identical tactics.

We have had a few good results..Hearts away, Aberdeen home and Killie away.

The biggest problem with this Hibs team is you have no idea which one will turn up and that’s why we are mid table as so inconsistent.

If we don’t show up at the semi it’s another 3 or 4 against us. If we find some leadership and are actually prepared for the press and not playing with several players off form we have a chance to reach a final.

If if summer we don’t bring in left sided players / defender and wide player - more strikers and a CDM and reshape back line I will be asking questions. The team will probably be refreshed again as on average about 10 players move on.

Barman Stanton
06-03-2020, 07:17 AM

Rangers at home
Livi away
Ross county away
Hearts at home
First half v Hamilton

There are plenty of good ones as well. Look at the position we were in when he came in. He has only had 1 winter transfer window to fix a proper mess.

Diclonius
06-03-2020, 07:18 AM
Hearts usually have their "game of the season" three to five games per season, depending on how many times they play us. It'll be another "game of the season" level of performance on the 11th.

I'd love for us to also consistently have this so-called "game of the season" against them a few times, instead of against teams like Ross County or Inverness for example. I'm fed up of this "they only ever try against us" pish being proclaimed as some sort of weakness when everyone on here would kill for that "weakness".

Nicho87
06-03-2020, 08:41 AM
There are plenty of good ones as well. Look at the position we were in when he came in. He has only had 1 winter transfer window to fix a proper mess.

100% agree. Think Ross is still the guy for the job. Just merely pointing out some of the performances he has been given by the players is ridiculous

Keith_M
06-03-2020, 08:50 AM
I have to disagree with the OP.

I think Stendl has seen the (very obvious) failings in our side and knows that simply closing us down at every opportunity is the way to beat us.

Hearts must be the favourites.

Barman Stanton
06-03-2020, 08:56 AM
100% agree. Think Ross is still the guy for the job. Just merely pointing out some of the performances he has been given by the players is ridiculous

Yup, we are very much an inconsistent team. League position pretty much sums us up to be honest.

We are a work in progress with some key signings needed. I think we are missing a leader on the park. We have that when McGregor or Gray are playing, but when not its missing. Confident Ross will know whats needed and make changes in the summer.

Onion
06-03-2020, 09:58 AM
I don't even want to think about the semi until the day. Tuesday should have been a dominant win for us and had us all feeling pretty confident but good old Hibs have managed to get me ****ing myself for Hampden. You need a ****ing medal supporting this club at times. It wasn't even a close game on Tuesday. We were utterly bossed and that worries me. I'll see what happens on the day but certainly won't be making any stupid predictions

If there’s any positive from Wed, it’s that we’ve no excuse for not seeing them coming on the 11th. A LOT can happen on between to both teams that can materially affect the semi so predictions at this point are pretty pointless. JR just needs to make sure Hibs are well prepared and motivated for whatever Hearts team turns up,

Since452
06-03-2020, 10:34 AM
If there’s any positive from Wed, it’s that we’ve no excuse for not seeing them coming on the 11th. A LOT can happen on between to both teams that can materially affect the semi so predictions at this point are pretty pointless. JR just needs to make sure Hibs are well prepared and motivated for whatever Hearts team turns up,

I agree. I just hope we've learned a lesson and are fully fired up and prepared for them come the semi. If we win the battle first, our football will take care of itself. Make no mistake, we have the better players, the table doesn't lie. In a derby you need to win your individual battles and thats what really ****ing irritated me, Hearts won all there's to a man. They got their reward for that. I'm sure the players all realise that they made a lot of people livid on Tuesday. The good thing is they have a chance to make up for it in a massive way.

Keith_M
06-03-2020, 12:23 PM

It's exactly the same size, 105m x 68m.

Jones28
06-03-2020, 12:31 PM

Rangers at home
Livi away
Ross county away
Hearts at home
First half v Hamilton

I don’t think it’s necessarily Ross’ fault, there are still issues with the team that need to be addressed.

My feeling is that he’s brought in enough quality to secure a top 6 finish and he’s keeping as much of his powder dry as he can for the inevitable summer rebuild that we seem to be conducting every season at the moment.

broondog
06-03-2020, 12:50 PM
Heart says hibs, head says them.I recognize that it our attacking players perform we can outplay theirs easily but our defence is brutal.

Hi Heid Yin
06-03-2020, 08:31 PM
The most annoying thing about losing to the Jambos is that we appear to be single-handedly saving their season - (6 points we've surrendered to them in the league) half of their sum total league victories have been at our expense....reverse those 2 results and they'd be sitting on 16 points and be firm favourites for the drop.
The mental side of the game has once again let us down ...they wanted it more. This is always unforgivable.

Captain Trips
06-03-2020, 10:31 PM
Hibs will beat Hearts. Tuesdays result is totally irrelevant for Semi just as our result v them at Tynecastle was irrelevant for tuesday.

They are pish you can point to Tuesday all you like, bottom line is they are pish.

heretoday
07-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Heart says hibs, head says them.I recognize that it our attacking players perform we can outplay theirs easily but our defence is brutal.

We'll get humped.

Glory Lurker
07-03-2020, 12:24 PM
Impossible to tell. Loads of football to be played between now and then.

Craig_in_Prague
07-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Last 2 games at Hampden were defeats by 4 goals.

Would hope we at least make a game of it this time, but not holding my breathe. Tuesday was also a humping.

murray26
07-03-2020, 12:33 PM
It won’t be a 4 goal margin... we will learn from that defeat

Borderhibbie76
07-03-2020, 01:03 PM

Rangers at home
Livi away
Ross county away
Hearts at home
First half v Hamilton

Can only imagine u watched matches with your eyes shut then under Hecky

Spike Mandela
07-03-2020, 01:26 PM
50% chance of being right.

Keith_M
07-03-2020, 01:28 PM

Would hope we at least make a game of it this time, but not holding my breathe. Tuesday was also a humping.

When you say 'last' two, don't you mean the 'only' times we've played them at Hampden?

No wonder so many of us feel negative about games against that lot.

erin go bragh
07-03-2020, 01:30 PM

So we gave them a humping last time at the PBS .
Almost our entire team didn’t perform against them last Tuesday. We were rotting from the defence ,midfield and up front .
We won’t play as poor as that next time .

500miles
07-03-2020, 01:58 PM
If we spread play against Hearts, push wingers high on thier fullbacks, keep thier holding mid chasing and look after the ball, we will beat them.

If we insist on playing every ball through tight spaces and play with isolated wing backs, we'll struggle unless we nick the first goal.

eastmainsmsh
07-03-2020, 03:14 PM
if Scott Allan plays we have a great chance what a ball and finish by doidge

Since452
07-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Can't see it tbh

Coco Bryce
07-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Hearts on the up

Hibs in freefall

Can only mean one thing...

Hibs win.