PDA

View Full Version : Clancy

The Harp Awakes
04-03-2020, 12:25 PM
In that horror show of a performance last night by Hibs, this clown's ineptitude seems to have been overlooked.

He is surely the worst ref of the lot. 3 obvious sending offs missed (McNulty, Halkett and Naismith). The Halkett one was a farce - the player himself thought he was off and Clancy was about to give him a yellow, then realised he had already booked him and changed his mind.

Not the reason we lost, but a cr@p ref nonetheless.

WeeRussell
04-03-2020, 12:39 PM
You'll inevitably get a couple of replies telling you Clancy wasn't to blame, despite already acknowledging that... but I agree with your post.

Particularly that there should have been 3 red cards.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 12:40 PM
Agree all three shudda walked add Scott Allan for handling the ball in the box when already booked

Beefster
04-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Clancy is never anything short of horrendous. To be expected. The reaching for the yellow and then bottling it with Halkett was particularly frustrating but I suppose his pishness evened itself up over the piece yesterday.

Onceinawhile
04-03-2020, 12:49 PM
In that horror show of a performance last night by Hibs, this clown's ineptitude seems to have been overlooked.

He is surely the worst ref of the lot. 3 obvious sending offs missed (McNulty, Halkett and Naismith). The Halkett one was a farce - the player himself thought he was off and Clancy was about to give him a yellow, then realised he had already booked him and changed his mind.

What happened with Halkett and Naismith?

Can't say I noticed.

jakedance
04-03-2020, 12:52 PM
Naismith committed quite a bad foul in injury time and had been booked already.

WeeRussell
04-03-2020, 12:53 PM
What happened with Halkett and Naismith?

Can't say I noticed.

Both should have been booked at least twice. Halkett in particular was noticeable as he chopped down Doidge on the half way line (having hauled him down for a booking in the first half)... I didn't see Clancy reaching for his pocket like the above but it was clear as day he should have been carded.

Naismith left the boot in late 2-3 times on our boys, having been booked for an altercation with Omeonga I think, or the subsequent dissent. As well as being his wee niggly, torn-faced usual jambo self.

The Harp Awakes
04-03-2020, 01:07 PM
Both should have been booked at least twice. Halkett in particular was noticeable as he chopped down Doidge on the half way line (having hauled him down for a booking in the first half)... I didn't see Clancy reaching for his pocket like the above but it was clear as day he should have been carded.

Naismith left the boot in late 2-3 times on our boys, having been booked for an altercation with Omeonga I think, or the subsequent dissent. As well as being his wee niggly, torn-faced usual jambo self.

Correct. Naismith was already on an earlier yellow as well.

Waxy
04-03-2020, 01:08 PM
Was it not him who sent off the Hamilton defender for accidental handball against them?

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 01:15 PM
Naismiths late high accidentally on purpose tackle on Dochertys knee done him in and Docherty had to come off

He caught Gullan with a late high challenge out on the wing Clancy has a long hard look but obviously decided he had already booked Naismith

theonlywayisup
04-03-2020, 02:48 PM
To be honest, I've seen much worse referring displays. Don't think he was that bad, all things being considered. The fact that I wasn't jumping up and shouting at him, tells me he didn't do that much wrong. That said, maybe all fight had been sucked out of my by our poor display on the pitch.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 02:52 PM
TBH did not see McNulty’s stamp on Clare until the guy in front of me showed me it on his phone so what chance did Clancy have?

Onceinawhile
04-03-2020, 02:53 PM
TBH did not see McNulty’s stamp on Clare until the guy in front of me showed me it on his phone so what chance did Clancy have?

He was looking straight at it.

FWIW, I didn't see it either.

Onceinawhile
04-03-2020, 02:53 PM

Fair enough, can't say I really noticed at the game.

h1bs4life
04-03-2020, 02:57 PM
Naismiths late high accidentally on purpose tackle on Dochertys knee done him in and Docherty had to come off

He caught Gullan with a late high challenge out on the wing Clancy has a long hard look but obviously decided he had already booked Naismith

2 disgraceful tackles , never noticed him getting booked earlier , could have been sent off for either.
Horrible little Hun , would not be upset if he was to get a career ending injury soon.
Clancy as usual bottled it.

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 03:17 PM
Was it not him who sent off the Hamilton defender for accidental handball against them?

Was indeed he is simply an appalling referee. Gave a foul in the first half when Docherty won the ball.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 03:20 PM
2 disgraceful tackles , never noticed him getting booked earlier , could have been sent off for either.
Horrible little Hun , would not be upset if he was to get a career ending injury soon.
Clancy as usual bottled it.

Got booked for unnecessarily noising up Omeonga right in front of the Ref resulting in them both getting booked

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 03:20 PM

Agreed, the McNulty one, the ball is out and Clare is down, why risk going to 10 men for that? I can see if it was last man and he had no option but to hack him down. The Naismith one, they're 3-1 up in injury time and he has no need to be sent off but goes in hard like that, another very needless moment.

WeeRussell
04-03-2020, 03:32 PM
Fair enough, can't say I really noticed at the game.

All bar the Halkett ones may have been easily missed as they were that late/weren't given as fouls and you'd have been following the ball :greengrin

In fairness the most obvious red card was from our man and was also missed.

calumhibee1
04-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Was Naismith booked when he hacked down Gullan? If he was, I’m not quite sure how he could possibly have avoided red for that.

Clancy done us a turn by not sending McNulty off, so I’m not saying he worked against us result wise. He’s just a ****ing dreadful ref. Absolutely ****ing woeful.

-Jonesy-
04-03-2020, 03:44 PM
He gave the free kick against Halkett for goin g through the back of Doidge and 100% went to get the book out until the hearts players gathered on him and he realised it would be a second yellow.
Naismith chopped down Gullan in front of the east toward the end, the ball broke back to hibs who were attacking and im fairly sure he played advantage but it was a hard late challenge and should’ve been a second yellow for the runt.
Don’t think Clancy cost us the game (though it was only 1-0 when halket should’ve been off) but he his an awful awful ref.

danhibees1875
04-03-2020, 03:51 PM

I've no idea how you didn't see it if you were looking at it, but Clancy is the ref and meant to be watching these things along with his linesmen.

It wasn't at all well hidden.

WeeRussell
04-03-2020, 03:52 PM
Was Naismith booked when he hacked down Gullan? If he was, I’m not quite sure how he could possibly have avoided red for that.

Clancy done us a turn by not sending McNulty off, so I’m not saying he worked against us result wise. He’s just a ****ing dreadful ref. Absolutely ****ing woeful.

No, booked during handbags with Omeonga.

WeeRussell
04-03-2020, 03:53 PM
I've no idea how you didn't see it if you were looking at it, but Clancy is the ref and meant to be watching these things along with his linesmen.

Neither did Chris Sutton see it until the replay, but still spent the rest of the game talking about how ridiculous it is that Clancy never seen it, and having digs at the linesman too.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2020, 04:38 PM

It happened right in front of me and I called it right away. If Clancy hasn't seen it then I've no idea how the linesman hasn't, he was right next to it.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 07:00 PM
No, booked during handbags with Omeonga.

Naismith was booked 83 mins for his altercation with Omeonga he hacked down Gullan on the 90 th minute

He came on like a Duracell Bunny on speed kicking everything that moved after he put on the Captains arm band

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 07:06 PM
Clancy was atrocious, think there should’ve been 4 sending offs though. McNulty, Allan, Halkett and Naismith.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 07:11 PM

Was not looking for HIBS players stamping on prostrate yams tbh

Probably thinking what was I getting for my tea or if I had any drink in the hoose after this ? 😁

Even Chris Sutton missed it and he had the benefit of action replays

I understand Clare pointed out the incident to Clancy at the time so up to him to take any appropriate action

Geo_1875
04-03-2020, 07:30 PM
Clancy is rank rotten. Said when he booked Halkett early on that he had a free pass for the rest of the night. They also need to look at foul rotation at Hertz. According to BBC website they committed 20 fouls and only had 2 bookings. Persistent fouling should apply to the team not just individuals.

PaulSmith
04-03-2020, 07:31 PM
Agree all three shudda walked add Scott Allan for handling the ball in the box when already booked

Why, it wasn’t a yellow card?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 07:36 PM
Why, it wasn’t a yellow card?

Allan was booked in 45 mins

Last time I checked handling the ball in the box and giving away a penalty his hand being in an unnatural position was a booking taking him up to two equals red

PaulSmith
04-03-2020, 07:45 PM

Last time I checked handling the ball in the box and giving away a penalty his hand being in an unnatural position was a booking taking him up to two equals red

Suggest you check again!

Tyler Durden
04-03-2020, 07:45 PM

Nope, needs to be deliberate handball

PaulSmith
04-03-2020, 07:47 PM
Nope, needs to be deliberate handball

Not quite either.

1) stops a shot on target with hand/arm - yellow card
2) prevents ball from going to an opponent - yellow card

I’m sure someone will quote the Copenhagen v Celtic game but player was wrongly given a yellow card

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 07:49 PM
Looked deliberate to me

What was his hand doing above his head?

Didnae complain either

I am not complaining cos last thing I want is a Hibby sent off

calumhibee1
04-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Naismith was booked 83 mins for his altercation with Omeonga he hacked down Gullan on the 90 th minute

He came on like a Duracell Bunny on speed kicking everything that moved after he put on the Captains arm band

Absolute joke that. The tackle on Gullan was as clear a booking as you’ll ever see.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2020, 07:56 PM
Not quite either.

1) stops a shot on target with hand/arm - yellow card
2) prevents ball from going to an opponent - yellow card

I’m sure someone will quote the Copenhagen v Celtic game but player was wrongly given a yellow card

I stand corrected! What I would say, is that the leagues with VAR leave Scotland behind and we have a bigger disconnect on things like handball and offside. Maybe not a bad thing

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 08:05 PM
Suggest you check again!

Surely based on the NEW rules he prevented the ball going to an opponent as there was loads of Orcs waiting behind him?

I know “ Don’t call me Shirley!” 😁