PDA

View Full Version : Should we consider a smaller ticket allocation for the semi-final?

G B Young
04-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Like the majority of Hibs fans I was confident Hibs could win both last night's derby and the semi-final.

The nature of last night's abysmal defeat, however, has clearly created a massive shift in perspective among both sets of fans. As such, the yams will be champing at the bit for semi-final tickets while I think it's fair to say we're unlikely to shift our allocation.

One of my favourite cup semi-finals was back in 2004 when we beat the huns on penalties in the League Cup. There were only 6 or 7k Hibs fans there that night but the atmosphere among them from start to finish was terrific. Would a smaller, sold-out hard core support against the yams create a better atmosphere than us trying to sell out a 50% allocation and ending up with gaps across the Hibs end?

I know it would stick in the craw to hand over another few thousand tickets to the yams, but given that their rasion d'etre is to beat us they'd sell them no problem and it would perhaps be all the sweeter to beat them when they're at their most arrogant.

Steven79
04-03-2020, 12:28 PM
Like the majority of Hibs fans I was confident Hibs could win both last night's derby and the semi-final.

The nature of last night's abysmal defeat, however, has clearly created a massive shift in perspective among both sets of fans. As such, the yams will be champing at the bit for semi-final tickets while I think it's fair to say we're unlikely to shift our allocation.

One of my favourite cup semi-finals was back in 2004 when we beat the huns on penalties in the League Cup. There were only 6 or 7k Hibs fans there that night but the atmosphere among them from start to finish was terrific. Would a smaller, sold-out hard core support against the yams create a better atmosphere than us trying to sell out a 50% allocation and ending up with gaps across the Hibs end?

I know it would stick in the craw to hand over another few thousand tickets to the yams, but given that their rasion d'etre is to beat us they'd sell them no problem and it would perhaps be all the sweeter to beat them when they're at their most arrogant.Jesus!

Yesterday it was a case of "Two per season ticket holder won't be enough"

Now it's "Hand half of our tickets over that lot"

Let's stop being pussies.

Let's sell out our allocation and learn from last night and give them a good hiding!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Chorley Hibee
04-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Jesus!

Let's sell out our allocation and learn from last night and give them a good hiding!

This in spades!

There is a loser mentality through many in our support, never mind the club.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Let's just chuck in towel and not bother. We are allowed to play pish they are allowed to be average. Folk are worried about players attitudes etc ffs.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Jesus!

Spot on. The over reaction to only our second defeat this year is bonkers.

Steven79
04-03-2020, 12:36 PM
This in spades!

There is a loser mentality through many in our support, never mind the club.

I think we need to close this forum down till we next win a game as it's went seriously bipolar in here.

RossScott1991
04-03-2020, 12:37 PM
Anyone who isn’t going after last night needs to get a grip. Thought we’d got rid of that loser mentality when we pumped hearts out on way to winning the thing. Clearly not.

get to hampden and support your team ffs.

Scottie
04-03-2020, 12:39 PM

I know it would stick in the craw to hand over another few thousand tickets to the yams, but given that their rasion d'etre is to beat us they'd sell them no problem and it would perhaps be all the sweeter to beat them when they're at their most arrogant.
WOW !!! What a load of pants. ******g man up and get yourself along to Hampden and SUPPORT your team.

Jones28
04-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Jesus!

That’s all well and good saying that, but last night falls on the team on the park, not the supporters.

Those of us who were there saw a hearts team more up for it, more energised and more willing to scrap.

Hibs supporters, while sometimes not covering themselves in glory via the actions of a few morons, have at the very least been loyal.

It’s the team that needs to step up in the same way they did in 2016, and prove to the supporters that they are worthy of a massive backing. We had heroes on the park and in the stands in 2016, but last night the only heroes in green and white were in the stands. The team need to give something back now.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Just no.

I'd rather see 5K empty seats than give them more tickets. I trust those thinking twice about going to the semi won't be ranting on here or elsewhere about players 'lacking bottle' anytime soon.

It's Hearts, it's a semi final. Support your club.

California-Hibs
04-03-2020, 12:48 PM
Eff me...

PLEASE delete this ****

WeeRussell
04-03-2020, 12:49 PM
And I thought it was only the national side you tried to wind people up about :greengrin

Beefster
04-03-2020, 12:51 PM
Folk need to calm down. I was absolutely raging last night (probably worst since 2012) and was definitely giving the semi a miss. I'm still sore as **** today but I'm back to looking forward to the semi (ooer missus).

WhileTheChief..
04-03-2020, 12:53 PM
Eff me...

PLEASE delete this ****

The OP regularly posts things like this for a reaction.

Next up, “should we ground share with Hearts?”

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2020, 12:56 PM
This is getting beyond silly. No ............. no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no a million zillion times NO !!!

mcohibs
04-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Get this deleted and get a grip. 'Support' of this club is a joke at times

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Happy to reduce our allocation by 1 ticket as your punishment for starting this ridiculous poll.

Sgt. Hartman
04-03-2020, 01:50 PM
This thread is bananas!

When Jack Ross was appointed the possibility of top 6 and a Scottish cup semi final seemed a bit of a pipe dream. I feel the work that the coaching staff have done since they have came in with a relatively poor squad has been stellar. Of course last nights performance was nowhere near good enough (second half in particular as imho there wasn't much in the game in the first half) and the boys will need to take a long hard look in the mirror before moving forward.

They just wanted it more on the night pure and simple. It's a shame to see that some supporters are willing to tuck their tails between there legs and accept defeat already. We take that one on the chin and i sincerely hope we grow from it.

Albanian Hibs
04-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Man up ffs

murray26
04-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Never in a million years and anyone not going because of last nights result needs to have a word with themselves..

davhibby
04-03-2020, 01:54 PM
Anyone that even remotely agrees with this will hopefully not attend, in fact anyone with this sort of attitude should clearly just pack it in as being a football fan doesn’t seem to be for them

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Section by section it always should be to begin with. I feel we will nearly sell out but its rank seeing big gaps in different sections.

danhibees1875
04-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Genuinely one of the strangest things I've ever read on here, and I include the person who pretended to be the bogeyman about 15 years ago.

Wheat Hound
04-03-2020, 01:57 PM
What guff. Im raging but already up for Hampden and will be there right behind my team along with my fellow Hibees. Wouldnae give them the steam off my p never mind more tickets.

hfc rd
04-03-2020, 04:37 PM
This surely is a damn wind up?

Doesn’t make any sense. We were recently complaining about having our Roseburn allocation cut but don’t do it to them when they visit ER. Now we should have our allocation cut for a Scottish Cup semi final against them on the back of one poor result? No chance! Losers mentality to say the least!

flash
04-03-2020, 04:54 PM

Hibs.net undercover agent strikes again.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2020, 05:06 PM
If we even consider handing thousands of tickets over to Hearts then it will give them a boost before the game that's bigger than any ***** Hibs performance ever could.

I'm still absolutely fuming about last night's pathetic display but I'll be at the semi final and I'll also be at Pittodrie on Saturday.

I wouldn't consider not going to support the team in a Scottish Cup semi final against Hearts.

**** that.

Keith_M
04-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Jesus!

One extreme to another

Carheenlea
04-03-2020, 05:10 PM
Proper trolling exercise from OP - nobody taking it at face value surely?

Pagan Hibernia
04-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Spot on. The over reaction to only our second defeat this year is bonkers.

same every time we lose a derby.

brianmc
04-03-2020, 05:15 PM
Proper trolling exercise from OP - nobody taking it at face value surely?

I think he's had a bet with some puddle drinking pals that he can start a thread on here that's so stupid it ends up being quoted as a new thread on jambos brokeback.

flash
04-03-2020, 05:19 PM
WOW !!! What a load of pants. ******g man up and get yourself along to Hampden and SUPPORT your team.

He will. Just not in our end.

Frazerbob
04-03-2020, 05:22 PM

Still drunk after celebrating your win last night? GTF

Waxy
04-03-2020, 05:22 PM

One of the biggest knee jerks i’ve read. Surprised you didnt knee yourself in the pus.

Lago
04-03-2020, 05:38 PM
That’s all well and good saying that, but last night falls on the team on the park, not the supporters.

Those of us who were there saw a hearts team more up for it, more energised and more willing to scrap.

Hibs supporters, while sometimes not covering themselves in glory via the actions of a few morons, have at the very least been loyal.

It’s the team that needs to step up in the same way they did in 2016, and prove to the supporters that they are worthy of a massive backing. We had heroes on the park and in the stands in 2016, but last night the only heroes in green and white were in the stands. The team need to give something back now.

So your saying what exactly, take our whole allocation or don't take our whole allocation? Or maybe let's wait & see how the team perform then decide what to do, all seems a bit flakey to me.

green with envy
04-03-2020, 05:39 PM

**** right off.

h1bs4life
04-03-2020, 06:26 PM

What a load of sh### . Take your poll and shove it where sun don't shine.

Paisley Hibby
04-03-2020, 07:30 PM
To state the bleeding obvious, the OP is either a Hearts fan, has been fraped or has suffered a psychotic episode. Nothing to see here - ideally admins should just take the thread down.

TimeForHeroes16
05-03-2020, 02:27 AM
Anyone who can and doesn’t go take a look at yourself.

These are the type of Derby’s we as fan crave they rarely come along getting your city rivals in a semi final of a cup whats not to get up for about that? Legit these are the games you support your team for the BIG ones

California-Hibs
05-03-2020, 03:49 AM
The OP regularly posts things like this for a reaction.

Next up, “should we ground share with Hearts?”

That's just pretty sad then.

Onion
05-03-2020, 05:21 AM
Probably not the smartest poll to hold at the best of times, but particularly just a day after a home humbling by a garbage Hearts team. Bit salty.

JimBHibees
05-03-2020, 05:58 AM
Just no.

I'd rather see 5K empty seats than give them more tickets. I trust those thinking twice about going to the semi won't be ranting on here or elsewhere about players 'lacking bottle' anytime soon.

It's Hearts, it's a semi final. Support your club.

All that needs to be said.

number9dream
05-03-2020, 06:12 AM
Game will be live on the BBC with an early kick off on Saturday. There will be lots of empty seats in both ends.
Premier Sports will want first dibs on Celtic and will chose Sunday at 2 or 3 o'clock.

JimBHibees
05-03-2020, 06:21 AM

You'll be going to the rugby anyway will you not.

G B Young
05-03-2020, 11:34 AM
You'll be going to the rugby anyway will you not.

:greengrin Six Nations should be over by then, although the way the coronavirus is decimating the fixtures at present it might yet still be on the go.

G B Young
05-03-2020, 11:48 AM
Game will be live on the BBC with an early kick off on Saturday. There will be lots of empty seats in both ends.
Premier Sports will want first dibs on Celtic and will chose Sunday at 2 or 3 o'clock.

Hearts will sell out whatever time the game kicks off. The main reason for that is that the scent of Hibee blood is like catnip to them and is by far the most effective way they know of inflating their misplaced sense of self worth. It's all or nothing with them. Whereas Hibs fans will turn out in relatively respectable numbers for ANY derby, no matter what our form, it's feast or famine for the yams. When they're super confident they'll snap up every ticket going but when the going gets tough and they can't face defeat they go into hiding. Witness the McLeish era at Hibs, the only time since the Tornadoes when we utterly bossed them. You just need to check out footage of Easter Road derbies at that time to see that they toiled to fill even one tier of the away end (bleating, I recall, about ticket prices and claiming they were 'boycotting' the games). From a Hibs perspective, it's less about ego and more about thinking "you know what, I can live without watching those numpties celebrating like they've won the treble when they win a derby so I might give this one a miss". Does that mean we care less? Possibly, but I think it's more about having a greater ability to put things in perspective.

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2020, 11:59 AM
Hearts will sell out whatever time the game kicks off. The main reason for that is that the scent of Hibee blood is like catnip to them and is by far the most effective way they know of inflating their misplaced sense of self worth. It's all or nothing with them. Whereas Hibs fans will turn out in relatively respectable numbers for ANY derby, no matter what our form, it's feast or famine for the yams. When they're super confident they'll snap up every ticket going but when the going gets tough and they can't face defeat they go into hiding. Witness the McLeish era at Hibs, the only time since the Tornadoes when we utterly bossed them. You just need to check out footage of Easter Road derbies at that time to see that they toiled to fill even one tier of the away end (bleating, I recall, about ticket prices and claiming they were 'boycotting' the games). From a Hibs perspective, it's less about ego and more about thinking "you know what, I can live without watching those numpties celebrating like they've won the treble when they win a derby so I might give this one a miss". Does that mean we care less? Possibly, but I think it's more about having a greater ability to put things in perspective.

Can only speak for myself, but any fan who doesn't turn out to support their club in case they might have to watch the opposition fans celebrating needs a good hard kick up the arse. I'm well capable of putting a football result into perspective in the grand scheme of things, but do I care less than yer average Jambo about the derby result, not a ****ing chance !!!

danhibees1875
05-03-2020, 12:04 PM
I can say with some amount of certainty that this will not be the worst derby I've ever been to. It might be the best though.

Green-Hibee-7
05-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Nah.

I want us to get a positive thread on the go pushing for the sell out.

Get a bit of momentum and build to the game. I looked at some of my posts from Tuesday and I think they were justified. A couple days later I am over it. Let’s back the team. Hopefully over the next few weeks we get a decent reaction to Tuesday and put in some good performances. Fans do their bit and rally round their groups and get our half sold. We took a decent number to the Aberdeen Semi on our defence. This is Hearts at Hampden.

It wouldn’t be a good look to walk out to a full Hearts end and a half scattered Hibs one.

Frankhfc
05-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Nah.

Get a bit of momentum and build to the game. I looked at some of my posts from Tuesday and I think they were justified. A couple days later I am over it. Let’s back the team. Hopefully over the next few weeks we get a decent reaction to Tuesday and put in some good performances. Fans do their bit and rally round their groups and get our half sold. We took a decent number to the Aberdeen Semi on our defence. This is Hearts at Hampden.

It wouldn’t be a good look to walk out to a full Hearts end and a half scattered Hibs one.

:top marks

OVer Tuesday night already albeit I won't be so quick to forgive if Jack and the players haven't learned the harsh lessons of it which I'm sure they will have. There'll be a big turnout from us, not sure if it'll sell out completely but it won't be far off.

Mon Hibs.

Peevemor
05-03-2020, 12:37 PM
Nah.

I'd wait a wee while yet. There are too many bams hellbent on sucking any positivity out of this place at the moment.

Carheenlea
05-03-2020, 06:39 PM

Hearts needed a public sale in the end to shift all their tickets for Tuesday night. They’ll be similar to us by doing well to sell out, but confident they can get there or thereabouts.

Dave spart
08-03-2020, 07:55 AM
Absolute correct. Let’s hope the number of empty seats don’t make it embarrassing.

Keith_M
08-03-2020, 09:48 AM
Absolute correct. Let’s hope the number of empty seats don’t make it embarrassing.

Some people must be really easily embarrassed.