PDA

View Full Version : 0-3 and 1-3

TheMentalHibees
04-03-2020, 08:21 AM
The scores in our two biggest home games so far under Ross. Not at the races in either of them. Do we have a problem getting motivated for these occasions in front of our own fans? Is it a failing on his part or are the players bottles crashing under pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 08:23 AM
The scores in our two biggest home games so far under Ross. Not at the races in either of them. Do we have a problem getting motivated for these occasions in front of our own fans? Is it a failing on his part or are the players bottles crashing under pressure?

No its we played pish as teams do.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2020, 08:33 AM

Rangers at home isn’t our biggest game. We beat Motherwell and Aberdeen 6-1 on aggregate in games against our closest competition. Not Rangers who pay 2 players more than our squad combined

TheMentalHibees
04-03-2020, 08:52 AM
Rangers at home isn’t our biggest game. We beat Motherwell and Aberdeen 6-1 on aggregate in games against our closest competition. Not Rangers who pay 2 players more than our squad combined

Big games from the fans perspective, against teams we don’t like, where we expect a performance.

hibsmad
04-03-2020, 10:33 AM
It's been mentioned elsewhere. Both Rangers and Hearts play a high press and we were unable to cope with it.

We played better at Tynecastle and Ibrox, but I believe that had a lot to do with how Hearts and Rangers were playing at the respective times.

JR needs to find an answer to it. Will he be able to find an answer to it?

Unseen work
04-03-2020, 10:38 AM
Biggest games according to who?

We battered Aberdeen and Motherwell at home.

We had a poor game and weren’t at the races, the reaction is becoming ridiculous.

BlackSheep
04-03-2020, 11:35 AM

We had a poor game and weren’t at the races, the reaction is becoming ridiculous.

Agreed. I was hoping in the cold light of day once the hangover was gone that some would see sense, but the forum is full of threads beckoning witch hunts and the like.

It was 1 game, nothing can change last night, let's look forward and go for a result at Aberdeen.

Onwards and upwards.

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 06:51 PM

The reaction is always the same after a derby loss. It’s full of emotion and before hand we have folk predicting we’re going to walk over them and then when we lose we turn into the worst team in the world. There’s never a happy medium with us.

jeffers
04-03-2020, 06:59 PM
Pretty much anyone who had seen us regularly must have been concerned with how we setup against the Huns that night (I know I was) as our midfield was likely to get overrun. That was a warning for me that JR thought it would work and while Marciano's F up didn't help we were never at the races that night.

Last night we knew they would play the way they did, other teams have coped with it quite easily, but we couldn't. We certainly need to do something different in the semi (and play much better) or the result will be the same.

The Wireless
04-03-2020, 07:52 PM
It's been mentioned elsewhere. Both Rangers and Hearts play a high press and we were unable to cope with it.

We played better at Tynecastle and Ibrox, but I believe that had a lot to do with how Hearts and Rangers were playing at the respective times.

JR needs to find an answer to it. Will he be able to find an answer to it?

Did any of their goals come from a “High Press” ?:rolleyes:

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-03-2020, 08:05 PM

Prob not directly but had something to do with us passing the ball straight out the park umpteen times and regularly getting caught in possession. Ridiculous how poorly we coped with it.

TheMentalHibees
04-03-2020, 08:10 PM

It’s not an overreaction to merely ask the question why in two of the biggest home games, since Ross came in, we have rolled over. My knee is fine thanks.

hibsmad
04-03-2020, 08:34 PM

If you think the way they pressed us, similar to how Rangers pressed us at ER, didn't completely put us off our game then fair enough :rolleyes:

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2020, 08:49 PM

I was fuming last night but largely stayed off here...your right it was a terrible day at the office but the overreaction on here is pathetic.

It's the same every week...if we win we are world beaters and if we lose/draw the world is ending and sack the manager etc

It's a joke