PDA

View Full Version : From strolling the last derby at Tynie to THAT?!

G B Young
04-03-2020, 06:32 AM
Where on earth did the energy, fight and pasion go?? Did the players think the same as the fans - that we just needed to turn up to win?

Mind-boggling how bad we were. Hand on heart did anyone seriously think we were capable of such ineptitude?

Percy Vere
04-03-2020, 06:35 AM
We were on a par with them in first half.
But second half was a horror show.
At times it looked like they were playing in slow motion.
You could see the gaps opening before they did.
Hearts are now irganised but nothing special.
Very disappointing.

TheHarpy76
04-03-2020, 06:36 AM
I don’t think we were that good last derby either. We took our chances in that one but were largely outplayed, particularly in the second half. We were fortunate at that time in that Hearts couldn’t buy a goal. We got the breaks in that game but in no way “strolled it”.

Steve-O
04-03-2020, 07:37 AM
We were mince for at least 60 minutes in the win at Tynie but were lucky that they were ten times worse. Not so last night.

Hermit Crab
04-03-2020, 08:34 AM
They waltz into ER, score 3 away from home and took the 3 points easily. When is the last time we scored 3 or more at Tynecastle? 2003 4-4.

Jones28
04-03-2020, 09:26 AM
We didn’t stroll the derby at Tynecastle.

G B Young
04-03-2020, 12:10 PM
I don’t think we were that good last derby either. We took our chances in that one but were largely outplayed, particularly in the second half. We were fortunate at that time in that Hearts couldn’t buy a goal. We got the breaks in that game but in no way “strolled it”.

We could easily have been three or four-nil up by half-time and I remember being frustrated that we'd taken the foot off the gas after such a strong start.

My point, though, is that we went into that game with the correct mindset for a derby and I mistakenly thought that under Ross we might have a Lennon-style confidence about the fixture. That mindset was nowhere to be seen last night.

The worst thing about last night for me is that I went into it with what I thought was justified confidence. I simply could not see us losing. However both our performance and the scoreline left me stunned.

Ozyhibby
04-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Our tactics were all wrong, we were trying to get the ball forward far too quickly. We never got any kind of passing game going at all.
And our midfield bottled it big time.
I like Docherty and wanted us to sign him but if he can’t play in big games then he is no good to us long term. Needs to prove he has what it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehf
04-03-2020, 12:41 PM
I like Docherty and wanted us to sign him but if he can’t play in big games then he is no good to us long term. Needs to prove he has what it takes.

There's a reason Sevco let him go; totally cacked his breeks last night.

California-Hibs
04-03-2020, 12:44 PM
That's the frustrating part. They didn't lay a glove on us at Tynie, we strolled it. Honestly just think it was just a major bad day at the office and perhaps not the right mindset?

Hopefully set it right in the Semi as that's the one that really counts (yes yes they all count but its the bigger of the 2 games)

murray26
04-03-2020, 01:26 PM
We didn’t stroll the derby at Tynecastle.

👍 I honestly wonder what some people see when they watch us.. Hearts had us under pressure for most of the 2nd half.. reality check urgently needed.

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Our tactics were all wrong, we were trying to get the ball forward far too quickly. We never got any kind of passing game going at all.
And our midfield bottled it big time.

Docherty has one bigger derby to play in this season. If he wants to go back to The Huns (as you'd imagine he does) then that will be the perfect platform to show them he can do it on the big occasion. Not that it's all down to him of course, but it would certainly help.

Like others, I didn't think we strolled the Boxing Day derby. We basically scored two goals then allowed them to dominate; luckily, they were too pish to make a comeback.

Sgt. Hartman
04-03-2020, 03:24 PM
I agree with a few above... we certainly didn't stroll the game at ***********, we did what we had to do to win and no more.

Does anybody else find it odd that Greg Docherty stepped up and done the post match interview for Hibs TV? Personally after such a shambolic performance I'd have liked to have seen our so called captain step up and show a pair of Davina McCall's.

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 06:47 PM
We didn’t stroll the game at Tynecastle, we were lucky enough that they couldn’t buy a goal. They had us on the back foot for the majority of that game though. They look a different team now that their new guy has had a few months to change the mentality of their players.

B.H.F.C
04-03-2020, 06:50 PM
We didn’t stroll the game at Tynecastle, we were lucky enough that they couldn’t buy a goal. They had us on the back foot for the majority of that game though. They look a different team now that their new guy has had a few months to change the mentality of their players.

Absolute rubbish where the game at Tynie is concerned. We were dominant first half and sat back in the second with the game won. Hibs will never be as comfortable in a game there as we were that day.

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 06:53 PM
Absolute rubbish where the game at Tynie is concerned. We were dominant first half and sat back in the second with the game won. Hibs will never be as comfortable in a game there as we were that day.

We were two up in 30mins and after that we struggled. Should they have had someone to score goals the outcome would have been entirely different.

emerald green
04-03-2020, 06:56 PM
I've made this point elsewhere, but I would question the mentality of the players (at least some of them), allied to a lack of strong leadership both on and off the pitch.

Totally out fought and out muscled.

B.H.F.C
04-03-2020, 06:58 PM
We were two up in 30mins and after that we struggled. Should they have had someone to score goals the outcome would have been entirely different.

We never struggled at all. They didn’t have someone to score goals. Marciano never had a serious save to make.

I’m all for being critical of last night but there is no point in trying to rewrite something that might have happened, but didn’t.