PDA

View Full Version : Lowlights

theonlywayisup
04-03-2020, 07:23 AM
:sofa:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51623907

Shocking performance, unacceptable, but not a surprise to many Hibs fans that have seen it all before.

wookie70
04-03-2020, 08:12 AM
:sofa:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51623907

Shocking performance, unacceptable, but not a surprise to many Hibs fans that have seen it all before.

Those highlights confirm how embarrassing our performance was. Allan with a typically half hearted attempt of a challenge at the near post. Why was he marking someone at a critical area in the box who is so much taller. Even so his effort was laughable. The second goal we had numbers back and no-one got near any of the Hearts players involved in their goal and what was Jackson doing with the free kick. The third was bizarre. Jackson runs away from the scorer, presumably because Hanlon shouts for him to play offside and then we allow him to check inside and strike a shot. For all we were appalling last night the goals were complete gifts and we possibly had as many good chances. Free headers from Hanlon and McGinn and a good few balls across their box which strikers stood and watched.

Perhaps the big issue was Ross seemed to think the first half was OK and continued with a formation and personnel that was clearly not working. It needed us going behind before he realised a change was needed and that gave Hearts the confidence they needed to finish us off

GillyHibee
04-03-2020, 08:19 AM
Allan is too lightweight for a Derby unfortunately. If it doesn't go his way in terms of his through balls and passes, he is a passenger. As for the handball for the penalty, no excuses there, from a young age you are taught how to jump and header a ball, and it doesn't include your hands being in the air.

It was always going to be a tough game, but Hearts wanted it more.

JammyDoidger
04-03-2020, 08:23 AM
Allan is too lightweight for a Derby unfortunately. If it doesn't go his way in terms of his through balls and passes, he is a passenger. As for the handball for the penalty, no excuses there, from a young age you are taught how to jump and header a ball, and it doesn't include your hands being in the air.

It was always going to be a tough game, but Hearts wanted it more.

Hes nowhere near too lightweight, he actually looks really stocky atm. He just simple needs to pull his finger out and get stuck in, instead of strolling about waiting on the ball to do some fairytale pass. He either gets stuck in or he doesn't play for me. We need winners in this semi final. Boys that just won't accept being beat.

GillyHibee
04-03-2020, 08:27 AM
Hes nowhere near too lightweight, he actually looks really stocky atm. He just simple needs to pull his finger out and get stuck in, instead of strolling about waiting on the ball to do some fairytale pass. He either gets stuck in or he doesn't play for me. We need winners in this semi final. Boys that just won't accept being beat.

Probably a poor choice of words, but in terms of lightweight he's scared to put a tackle in. In a Derby its rough and tumble, and you need folk who are willing to put in that extra bit in a tackle, and not jump out of the way.

Just to be clear I am not singling out Allan as the reason why we got beat lastnight, the whole side was poor. You are correct in saying we need winners and folk who get stuck in.

MinceAndTatties
04-03-2020, 08:31 AM

Perhaps the big issue was Ross seemed to think the first half was OK and continued with a formation and personnel that was clearly not working. It needed us going behind before he realised a change was needed and that gave Hearts the confidence they needed to finish us off

That is the most worrying aspect of the game.

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 11:01 AM
That is the most worrying aspect of the game.

Aye and he describes the penalty as having some effect on the game, Jack Hertz getting the first goal via a stupid penalty from a rank SA was monumental and not how you describe it.

Playing them you cannot let them get the first goal especially when you gift it, over to you SA "how did it hit your hand"?

Onceinawhile
04-03-2020, 11:04 AM

I disagree with that. At half time I said to my son, that's as well as hearts can play, but we can play far better. I don't think that would have been too far from JR's line of thinking.

Whilst I and he were both proved to be wrong, there is certainly a reason for sticking with it to start with IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 11:06 AM
I disagree with that. At half time I said to my son, that's as well as hearts can play, but we can play far better. I don't think that would have been too far from JR's line of thinking.

Whilst I and he were both proved to be wrong, there is certainly a reason for sticking with it to start with IMO.

I text my mate at HT and said “it can only get better”.

Definitely wrong.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 11:14 AM
Probably a poor choice of words, but in terms of lightweight he's scared to put a tackle in. In a Derby its rough and tumble, and you need folk who are willing to put in that extra bit in a tackle, and not jump out of the way.

Just to be clear I am not singling out Allan as the reason why we got beat lastnight, the whole side was poor. You are correct in saying we need winners and folk who get stuck in.

SA has scored in a derby and played well in others as have others who were pish last night. We have the players to beat Hearts its just a matter of not playing shi t e. We were pish simple we have been pish against lots of teams.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2020, 11:22 AM
You can pick apart every goal to varying extents. It's all been covered though.

An absolutely abysmal performance on just about every level.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 11:25 AM
You can pick apart every goal to varying extents. It's all been covered though.

An absolutely abysmal performance on just about every level.

Correct,

The other team do not have to be world beaters to put us away. A coherent performance even if average was more than enough to deal with us last night. Last night tells me a lot more about Hibs than any qualities Hearts may have.

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 11:28 AM
Comments on highlights.

What was Allan doing?
Imo keeper should have saved pen. Doidge was indicating where it was going but seemed like he too unnecessary step to the left and still got touch to it.
Hanlon simply should have blocked the shot for third as Washington took it right up to him.

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Nobody in the team with any grit in them, bullied and 2nd to every ball.

Everyone wants to play nice, tidy football but nobody fancies a 50/50 or winning a header

Once they realised they weren't going to be given time on the ball, tactics went out the window and they crumbled