PDA

View Full Version : Team v Aberdeen

Unseen work
04-03-2020, 07:21 AM
The derby is done now, on to Saturday and a chance for the players to redeem themselves, if all fit I would go

......................Marciano..............

...........McGinn...Jackson....Hanlon......

Boyle.....Omeonga....Hallberg........Newell....

........................Docherty.........

.................Gullan...........Doidge...

Allan has been off form and if noticed Ross has been subbing him more or less every game due to this. A game against Aberdeen is likely to be similar to Hearts and it being a battle on a horrible pitch where he gets no time.

Hallberg has been a bit unfortunate imo and seems to have been dropped completely since his half against Hamilton when he was subbed. Deserves a chance back in and think a middle three of him Omeonga and Docherty would have plenty battle and ability.

McNulty has been poor to say the least so only right Gullan gets a chance with the form he’s been in for the Development team and good appearances when given the opportunity in the first team.

Newell must start if fit, gives us a different dimension on that side. Stevenson as poor as iv seen him last night.

I think it’s worth remembering we have been good up until last night so let’s not go completely revamping the team or changing our style.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2020, 07:28 AM
That looks a good shout. The only change I would make is the keeper.

I'll probably get pelters for this but Rocky just instils no confidence in me at all and it looks like the defence feel likewise. His distribution is erratic (that's being kind), his decision making is questionable and he never really commands his space. He's probably a better shot stopper but as an all round goalkeeper Bogdan is better than him.

I don't think that can be described as a knee jerk to last night as he made no glaring errors that I can recall. I've felt it for a while and now seems as good a time as any to freshen it up.

JohnM1875
04-03-2020, 07:28 AM
The derby is done now, on to Saturday and a chance for the players to redeem themselves, if all fit I would go

Allan has been off form and if noticed Ross has been subbing him more or less every game due to this. A game against Aberdeen is likely to be similar to Hearts and it being a battle on a horrible pitch where he gets no time.

Hallberg has been a bit unfortunate imo and seems to have been dropped completely since his half against Hamilton when he was subbed. Deserves a chance back in and think a middle three of him Omeonga and Docherty would have plenty battle and ability.

McNulty has been poor to say the least so only right Gullan gets a chance with the form he’s been in for the Development team and good appearances when given the opportunity in the first team.

Newell must start if fit, gives us a different dimension on that side. Stevenson as poor as iv seen him last night.

I think it’s worth remembering we have been good up until last night so let’s not go completely revamping the team or changing our style.

Agree with the team selection. But don't agree that we've been good up until last night. Is drawing at home to Livi and St Mirren good?

Granted we played ICT (championship team) and County off the park, had a good result away to Killie. But I think we've been pretty average for a while now.

Hopefully much more to come, starting with an away win at Aberdeen!

Sir David Gray
04-03-2020, 07:31 AM
McNulty will almost certainly be banned for Saturday anyway, once the compliance officer wakes up this morning.

Gullan will definitely start.

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 07:37 AM
Think Docherty went off with an injury assume McNulty will face a ban. Would go to a back 4 and play 4411.

Bogdan
McGinn Jackson Hanlon Lewis
Boyle Whitty Hallberg Murray
Horgan
Doidge

Since452
04-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Omeonga isn't a starter for me.

Hallberg or Slivka in his place and hopefully Newell back

chasitup
04-03-2020, 08:00 AM

I'll probably get pelters for this but Rocky just instils no confidence in me at all and it looks like the defence feel likewise. His distribution is erratic (that's being kind), his decision making is questionable and he never really commands his space. He's probably a better shot stopper but as an all round goalkeeper Bogdan is better than him.

I don't think that can be described as a knee jerk to last night as he made no glaring errors that I can recall. I've felt it for a while and now seems as good a time as any to freshen it up.
I'd agree with that. You're looking for a bit of composure to help the defence. Marciano doesn't offer that in my opinion.

Stokesy's on fire
04-03-2020, 08:03 AM
1-10-0 should be our formation Aberdeen will absolutely destroy our team of duds so defend defend defend

Brightside
04-03-2020, 08:11 AM
Whitts as the DM. Gullan for Sparky. Newall for Lewis.

JammyDoidger
04-03-2020, 08:34 AM
Bogdan

Mcginn
Mcregor(captain)
Jackson
Hanlon(because we've nothing else)

Whittaker
Docherty. Diamond
Slivka
Horgan

Doidge
Boyle

wookie70
04-03-2020, 08:40 AM

No pelters from me. He has been poor apart from the odd save which he always makes look better than they are(ICT save was a cracker though). His distribution is still terrible and Bogdan deserves a chance. Always hard playing in defense with a Keeper who is poor on the ball and doesn't command his six yard box.

JammyDoidger
04-03-2020, 08:44 AM

Id change him. He looks like he's just going through the motions atm, so lackadaisical it's unreal. That's when receiving passbacks, taking goal kicks or free kicks. He needs a rocket as do a lot of them.

Nicho87
04-03-2020, 09:05 AM
Meh.

Hibs90
04-03-2020, 09:26 AM
Bogdan
McGinn
McGregor
Jackson
Youngster

Boyle
Hallberg
Whittaker
Murray

Gullan
Doidge

Tyler Durden
04-03-2020, 09:49 AM
If Newell isn’t fit then play Whittaker at LB or LWB. Stevenson should be last resort for the foreseeable

Onceinawhile
04-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Need to see if Newell and Docherty are fit and if Mcnulty is suspended.

I suspect none of the above three will make it.

Marciano

Mcginn
Mcgregor
Jackson

Boyle (RWB)
Stevenson (LWB)

Whittaker
Hallberg
F.Murray

Gullan
Doidge

Allan, Hanlon and Stevenson all need dropped, but given we don't have any else (tom James?) who can play left back, I don't see how it's possible to do so.

danhibees1875
04-03-2020, 10:25 AM
Last night was a pain but it's important to bounce back and a result up in Aberdeen puts right in the mix for Europe, goes a long way to solidifying our top 6 spot, and regains the confidence as early as possible before the semi final.

We certainly have options to mix it, any of Bogdan, Newall, Whittaker, Hallberg, Horgan, and Gullan wouldn't surprise me overly.

Is McGregor fit? I can understand the desire to drop Hanlon after last night but I'm not sure it's a viable option.

SlickShoes
04-03-2020, 10:27 AM
Last night was a pain but it's important to bounce back and a result up in Aberdeen puts right in the mix for Europe, goes a long way to solidifying our top 6 spot, and regains the confidence as early as possible before the semi final.

We certainly have options to mix it, any of Bogdan, Newall, Whittaker, Hallberg, Horgan, and Gullan wouldn't surprise me overly.

Is McGregor fit? I can understand the desire to drop Hanlon after last night but I'm not sure it's a viable option.

Everyone you suggest does offer something, apart from Horgan, he has been murder for a very long time. I don't think he knows what he is doing.

Jones28
04-03-2020, 10:31 AM
Think Docherty went off with an injury assume McNulty will face a ban. Would go to a back 4 and play 4411.

Bogdan
McGinn Jackson Hanlon Lewis
Boyle Whitty Hallberg Murray
Horgan
Doidge

I’d have Omeonga in for Hallberg, but that could a goer. Bring Gullan on for Horgan after 60 mins cos his wee short legs will be knackered.

They will have seen how badly our wide areas were exposed last night and will look to do the same.

J-C
04-03-2020, 10:45 AM
Bogdan
McGinn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Whittaker
Boyle Hallberg Murray Newell
Doidge

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2020, 10:55 AM

Agreed, gives me the fear when the ball gets passed back to him, horrendous with his feet, distribution is poor at the best of times.

A good shot stopper but that's it

Zambernardi1875
04-03-2020, 11:00 AM
Bogdan
McGinn
McGregor
Jackson
Youngster

Boyle
Hallberg
Whittaker
Murray

Gullan
Doidge

I’d start with this also, it’s incredible so many slate last nights team then still pick those same players.

tonyrougier123
04-03-2020, 11:02 AM

That looks a very strong line-up!
Agreed on gullan lad deserves a run in the team.
Wee steph needs match sharpness and must get a run from the start.
Allan needs to find some form so h dropping put is also a good shout.

coldingham hibs
04-03-2020, 11:36 AM

This for me. Not sure about Gullan but couldn’t be any worse than McNulty. Either Hallberg or Whittaker. Total lack of experience last night in the middle of the park.

Diclonius
04-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Marciano

McGinn McGregor Jackson Newell

Hallberg Whittaker Docherty

Boyle Doidge Gullan

Bangkok Hibby
04-03-2020, 12:16 PM

Dont see you getting many pelters. Rocky gives me the fear to be honest. Every cross or corner might rely on a wonder save as he's stuck on his line. Bogdan for me is a much better keeper but its all about game time isn't it? Is he ready to step in to such an important game?

Shrekko
04-03-2020, 02:13 PM

Same for me👍

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 02:36 PM
1-10-0 should be our formation Aberdeen will absolutely destroy our team of duds so defend defend defend

Interesting formation but you’ve got 1 player too many listed. Probably better with 10 in defence rather than midfield if defending is your objective as well?

Scotty Leither
04-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Id change him. He looks like he's just going through the motions atm, so lackadaisical it's unreal. That's when receiving passbacks, taking goal kicks or free kicks. He needs a rocket as do a lot of them.

I'm with this - for a big imposing guy he is no Andy Goram when it comes to clearing out his 6-yard box. Too fearful of taking a hit for my liking.

500miles
04-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Part of what left us struggling against hearts was playing with lopsided wing backs, so I'm surprised there's so many sticking with that shape.

Fuzzywuzzy
04-03-2020, 05:19 PM
Omeonga isn't a starter for me.

Hallberg or Slivka in his place and hopefully Newell back

Slivka is as soft as a pound of babies *****. Scared to put in a tackle and stands off his man too much

Keyser Sauzee
04-03-2020, 05:25 PM

I said it a while back that Bogdan needs to come in for Rocky. His distribution is as bad as we have had from a goalkeeper, constantly puts us under pressure by giving it away. He’s so casual it’s a joke tbh. Everything he does is with a thought of how it’s going to look rather than just being effective which is why he makes the mistakes he does. His shot stopping is fantastic, as good as I can remember from a Hibs keeper but there’s more to being a keeper than just that. I’d happily give Bogdan a new deal at the end of the season and let Rocky go if we get a an offer for him.

thegaffer12
04-03-2020, 05:36 PM
Hallberg in the team should be a must.

sauzeelegod
04-03-2020, 05:45 PM
GK Rocky

RB McGinn
CB Jackson
CB Hanlon
LB Lewis

CM Allan (Regista/ Deep lying playmaker role)
RCM Docherty
LCM Newell (if fit)

RF Boyle
CF Doidge
LF Gullan

500miles
04-03-2020, 05:51 PM
..........Marciano
McGinn.Jackson.Hanlon.Stevenson
.......Hallberg/Slivka
.....Docherty...Horgan
.Boyle...Doidge....Gullan

Carheenlea
04-03-2020, 05:56 PM
I like the look of the OP’s preferred side.

This will be a tough game and it’s no secret how Aberdeen will play. Fell we could still do with Allan to try and unlock the Aberdeen defence, but a bit more steel won’t go amiss. Gullan is due a run and hopefully he can take his chance to impress if selected.

B.H.F.C
04-03-2020, 06:05 PM
Just play Boyle. Our only tactic last night seemed to be to give him the ball and hope he could beat ten men himself.

On a serious note, beyond that, there isn’t a single player who can complain about being left out.

I’d play Gullan. In fact, I’d give him the next two or three games.

HFCdeb
04-03-2020, 06:10 PM

Been saying it for ages. Completely agree with every word.

Lago
04-03-2020, 06:44 PM
Part of what left us struggling against hearts was playing with lopsided wing backs, so I'm surprised there's so many sticking with that shape.
Correct our left side was poor, slow & predictable.

supermcginn
04-03-2020, 07:12 PM
Bogdan

Mcginn
Jackson
McGregor
Newell

Whittaker
Doherty
Halberg

Gullan
doidge
Boyle

18Craig75
04-03-2020, 07:24 PM
...................Rocky
....McGinn Jackson Hanlon

..................Whitts
Boyle Docherty Omeonga Newell

..........:Gullane Doidge

18Craig75
04-03-2020, 07:37 PM
...................Rocky

..................Whitts
Boyle Docherty Omeonga Newell

Tomsk
04-03-2020, 08:41 PM

Yup. Neither of our wing-backs are wing-backs. Boyle is a converted winger who can't defend. And as long as he's got a hole in his arse Stevenson will never be anything other than a down and dirty, flat-back-four left-back. I'm not going to criticise Ross but playing these two as wing-backs is an exercise in wishful thinking. It wasn't our only problem last night, but even if the players had actually turned up that formation would be high risk. Bin it, Jack, until you get two proper wing-backs.

nickwhibs
04-03-2020, 09:00 PM
————Bogdan
McGinn-McGregor-Jackson-Stevenson
——— ——Hallberg
——Omeonga ——Newell
——— —- Docherty
——- -Boyle—— Doidge

h1bs4life
04-03-2020, 10:58 PM
...................Bogdan

..................Whitts
Boyle Docherty Omeonga Newell ( Horgan if Newell not fit )

Get the opposition thinking about how they are going play against us rather than them just leaving one of our players out wide who is no threat.

cmcd
04-03-2020, 11:14 PM
This for me. Not sure about Gullan but couldn’t be any worse than McNulty. Either Hallberg or Whittaker. Total lack of experience last night in the middle of the park.

Gullan was our best player last night

DavidDavidGray
05-03-2020, 12:30 AM
————Bogdan
McGinn-McGregor-Jackson-Stevenson
——— ——Hallberg
——Omeonga ——Newell
——— —- Docherty
——- -Boyle—— Doidge

This is exactly the team I want to see

Paisley Hibby
05-03-2020, 09:11 AM
McNulty will almost certainly be banned for Saturday anyway, once the compliance officer wakes up this morning.

Gullan will definitely start.

Gullan starting would be great. Have never got the big buzz about Sparky - waste of money if you ask me.

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-03-2020, 09:57 AM
Rocky

McGinn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson

Whittaker Hallberg

Boyle Docherty Newall

Doidge

4-2-3-1 away to the Dons. I think going with 3 at the back would be a mistake.

MrRobot
05-03-2020, 10:16 AM
Hard not to start Hallberg and Horgan when they made the most positive contribution to the game. Gullan to start since McNulty will most likely be banned, though Gullan would be ahead of him for me even if he wasn't banned.

Doubt he will drop Hanlon but would like to see McGregor brought back in if fit enough. McGinn could cover the LCB position.

Since452
05-03-2020, 05:58 PM
Newell out again. Getting really frustrating

h1bs4life
05-03-2020, 06:34 PM
Newell out again. Getting really frustrating

FFS need him fit.

..................Whitts
Boyle Docherty Omeonga Hallberg

Try Hallberg out wide left.

Stevenson shouldn't be playing either left back or wing back , if he does it will be the same as other games he will be left on his own and Aberdeen will try to ensure the ball goes out to him.

scotiaf
05-03-2020, 07:02 PM
FFS need him fit.

..................Whitts
Boyle Docherty Omeonga Hallberg

Try Hallberg out wide left.

Stevenson shouldn't be playing either left back or wing back , if he does it will be the same as other games he will be left on his own and Aberdeen will try to ensure the ball goes out to him.

If you want to drop Stevenson then surely Horgan is a better fit

erin go bragh
05-03-2020, 09:57 PM
Rocky

Boyle

McGinn
Jackson
McGregor

Horgan

Hallberg
Allan
Docherty

Gullane
Doidge

CorrieHibs
06-03-2020, 10:50 AM
Rocky
Whittaker Jackson Hanlon
Boyle Docherty Halberg Horgan
Newell
Gullan Doidge

Brightside
06-03-2020, 10:59 AM
Hard not to start Hallberg and Horgan when they made the most positive contribution to the game. Gullan to start since McNulty will most likely be banned, though Gullan would be ahead of him for me even if he wasn't banned.

Doubt he will drop Hanlon but would like to see McGregor brought back in if fit enough. McGinn could cover the LCB position.

Horgan impact? He was still walking back to his own half after they scored the 2nd.

Heisenberg
06-03-2020, 11:03 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Whittaker
Docherty
Omeonga

Boyle
Doidge
Gullan

I’d have dropped Stevenson but we’ve got no one else to come in at left back.

MrRobot
06-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Horgan impact? He was still walking back to his own half after they scored the 2nd.

Where did our goal come from? He was certainly not to blame for the 2nd.

Tyler Durden
06-03-2020, 05:06 PM
Marciano

McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Whittaker
Docherty
Omeonga

Boyle
Doidge
Gullan

I’d have dropped Stevenson but we’ve got no one else to come in at left back.

I’d play same team but Whittaker at LB and Hallberg in the midfield.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2020, 05:40 PM
I'm struggling to pick a decent side, as i wouldn't pick Hanlon, Stevenson, James, Rocky, Horgan or Slivka. And with what we have left who are fit, i cant pick a balanced side who i think would stand a chance.

Hibs90
06-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Ah **** it...

Bogdan

McGinn
McGregor
Jackson
Newell if fit

Boyle
Hallberg
Docherty
Horgan

Doidge
Gullan

Stuart93
06-03-2020, 07:09 PM
I’m hoping whatever team we put out have a bit more bottle than they did on Tuesday.

3 points up there is a massive ask but would just about make up for Tuesday

HibeeHibernian4
06-03-2020, 07:20 PM
I’m hoping whatever team we put out have a bit more bottle than they did on Tuesday.

We deserved three points up there in October but for some poor finishing from Doidge. With him now among the goals I would not be surprised if we won at all.

Since452
06-03-2020, 07:21 PM

No reason we can't. Was daylight robbery up there the last time when they somehow got a draw. Mind you, Aberdeen have no home wins in their last six and we seem to be very charitable.

SquashedFrogg
06-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Ah **** it...

Bogdan

McGinn
McGregor
Jackson
Newell if fit

Boyle
Hallberg
Docherty
Horgan

Doidge
Gullan

Not sure about bringing in Daz and Newell is wise. Like 2 wingers though.

Vault Boy
06-03-2020, 07:26 PM
Newell isn't fit

Stuart93
06-03-2020, 07:39 PM
No reason we can't. Was daylight robbery up there the last time when they somehow got a draw. Mind you, Aberdeen have no home wins in their last six and we seem to be very charitable.

Aw I had no idea they had no wins there in 6

There goes any hope of any points.

MWHIBBIES
06-03-2020, 09:01 PM
Definitely shouldn't be dropping Hanlon, one bad game doesn't outweigh his recent terrific form.

Diclonius
06-03-2020, 11:39 PM
Guessing Mackie's no longer in first team plans?

Brightside
07-03-2020, 09:04 AM

Eh?

Brightside
07-03-2020, 09:07 AM
There is zero reason to drop Hanlon.

JimBHibees
07-03-2020, 09:14 AM

Agree.

JimBHibees
07-03-2020, 09:16 AM

No idea what his position is. Thought he came back from his loan due to a serious injury.

Tyler Durden
07-03-2020, 09:18 AM

The reason would be that he was appalling on Tuesday night. However we don’t have any better options in reserve so he’ll keep his place.

Keith_M
07-03-2020, 09:34 AM
The reason would be that he was appalling on Tuesday night. However we don’t have any better options in reserve so he’ll keep his place.

I'm not his biggest fan but I think he's OK in most games.

Plus we're not exactly overflowing with quality replacements.

Brightside
07-03-2020, 09:39 AM

You’d be dropping 11 based on that then.

MacGruber
07-03-2020, 09:59 AM
Marciano
McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Halberg
Allan
Docherty
Newell/Gullan
Doidge

Smartie
07-03-2020, 10:11 AM

I don’t think he should be dropped, but he was poor the other night, has had some poor games over the course of the season and we have a good player in McGregor on the bench.

Insufficient reason to drop him but a wee bit more than zero imo.

JohnM1875
07-03-2020, 11:12 AM
Anyone paid for RedTV before? If so, does a VPN work?

07-03-2020, 11:17 AM

It’s on hibs tv and a vpn will work

BlackSheep
07-03-2020, 11:18 AM

Why pay for RedTV when it’s in HibsTV for international subscribers!! Give us the money not them!

J-C
07-03-2020, 11:18 AM

Hard to be in the plans when injured.

Keith_M
07-03-2020, 11:19 AM
Why pay for RedTV when it’s in HibsTV for international subscribers!! Give us the money not them!

Shouldn't you be on an Aberdeen Forum?

JohnM1875
07-03-2020, 11:20 AM
It’s on hibs tv and a vpn will work

Does it? Last time I tried a VPN on HibsTV it didn't work? If so I'll definitely do that!

Gloucester Hibs
07-03-2020, 11:23 AM
Does it? Last time I tried a VPN on HibsTV it didn't work? If so I'll definitely do that!

Hibs TV definitely works with a VPN. You need an international subscription to watch the games live though

JohnM1875
07-03-2020, 11:27 AM
Hibs TV definitely works with a VPN. You need an international subscription to watch the games live though

So sign up after I've used the VPN. Perfect! Cheers. Think that was my mistake last time.

makaveli1875
07-03-2020, 11:38 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon

Boyle
Docherty
Whittaker
Omeonga
Horgan

Doidge
Gullan

Gloucester Hibs
07-03-2020, 11:42 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Jackson
Hanlon

Boyle
Docherty
Whittaker
Omeonga
Horgan

Doidge
Gullan

Quite like that team but it’s high risk as you’d be getting hee-haw in terms of defensive cover from Boyle and Horgan. But then we looked so exposed at times on Tuesday anyway..

S4uzee
07-03-2020, 11:47 AM

Chews the turf a lot of the time after being pushed off it

Unseen work
07-03-2020, 12:00 PM

I agree and I’m not normally his biggest fan but I quite like him left of a ac 3.

Thought he was fine compared to most on Tuesday bar one slip and trying to catch the boy offside at the 3rd goal.

Foritza
07-03-2020, 12:23 PM
Bogdan please. That's all I ask.Need a keeper that comes off his line and commands the area. This for starters.

Deansy
07-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Hopefully our players remember to take their 'Bottle' onto the pitch today and not leave it in the dressing-room like they did on Tuesday-night - some actual pride in the Jersey would be nice !

MrRobot
07-03-2020, 01:57 PM
No idea what his position is. Thought he came back from his loan due to a serious injury.

correct, had surgery i believe.

MrRobot
07-03-2020, 01:58 PM
So sign up after I've used the VPN. Perfect! Cheers. Think that was my mistake last time.

exactly man. put the vpn on then sign up, then gives you the option of international subscriber.