PDA

View Full Version : Anything positive?

Waxy
04-03-2020, 05:58 AM
We’re still in the cup.
We’ve been on a decent run till last night.
We’re still top six.
We cant play worse than last night.
Jambos could still drop.

Since452
04-03-2020, 06:00 AM
It was only 3-1

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 06:00 AM
We’re still in the cup.
We’re still top six.
Jambos could still drop.

Our immediate focus needs to be on staying in the top 6. Teams not far off us and we have Aberdeen and Celtic coming up and also St Johnstone who we always struggle against at home.

Stokesy's on fire
04-03-2020, 06:01 AM
Nope lost to the laughing stock of the league...not much to be positive about

neil7908
04-03-2020, 06:02 AM
Still struggling to pull anything good from that car crash of a game. From looking forward to revenge at Hampden next month, I now fear for us big time.

And on the last point, no chance they'll go down now.

Brightside
We’re still in the cup.
We’re still top six.
Jambos could still drop.

Its 3 points.

Onceinawhile
The ground was so empty by full time when I left, all the traffic had already cleared. Got home about half an hour earlier than normal.

SingaporeHibs
04-03-2020, 06:04 AM
If Jack Ross wasn’t already fully aware of the short comings of this squad he should be now.

sean04
04-03-2020, 06:05 AM
Only big positive is that it’s highlighted what has to happen in the summer

wookie70
04-03-2020, 06:16 AM
Gullane might get a run in the team and perhaps Ross will have now noticed Allan and McNulty are vastly overrated and need dropped

Ronniekirk
04-03-2020, 06:22 AM
I am still comfortably Numb I can’t take anything positive from such a insipid gutless performance against our Rivals who were bottom of the League
If we don’t bounce straight back v Aberdeen it’s our season that is in danger of fizzling out
I have seen some poor Derby displays in my time but that ranks up there as one of the worst
Boyle was only player that gave us some hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
04-03-2020, 06:22 AM
I hope last night acts a catalyst for us to take a totally different approach to the semi final. The way we set up played right into Hearts hands, the fact we didn't change it for an age is baffling and the lacklustre performances suggested a team who thought they were in for a walk in the park (as too many fans did).

That's about the only positive I can take right now. Ross has largely done a good job since he came in but games like last night live long in people's memories, particularly if we lose in the semi. He's got a bit of work to do to start rebuilding the goodwill he had earned himself.

thegaffer12
04-03-2020, 06:23 AM
We won't be so arrogant or complacent ahead of the cup match now.

MacGruber
04-03-2020, 06:27 AM
We’re still in the cup.
We’re still top six.
Jambos could still drop.

No positives.
Hearts won't drop now. No chance.
Cup game be similar

Sorry but they came to our home, had the luxury of leaving their most important player and captain on the bench and rolled us over easily

Wheat Hound
04-03-2020, 07:24 AM
Ron Gordon was there and would've seen and heard first hand just how bad we were and how unhappy the fans are.

calumhibee1
04-03-2020, 07:35 AM
McGinn played decent yet again imo and that McNulty won’t be in the team for the next few games. Also that Gullan should thankfully now be given a good few games of a run at least.

chrisski33
04-03-2020, 07:40 AM
Ron Gordon was there and would've seen and heard first hand just how bad we were and how unhappy the fans are.

Hope so but after the big reveal of his plans i hope he realises big tv screens and flash stuff wont make a difference if the product on the pitch is like what it was last night. All this talk of aiming to be the best club in Scotland looks daft after last night but hopefully the team can learn from it and if they do thats a positive. We laugh at their league position but they aeem to be able to have the last laugh kets hope we have the very last laugh and beat them at the semis.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Embarrassed again.

James Stephen
04-03-2020, 07:51 AM
The only positive i can think of is that if we had won comfortably, i am 100% certain Hearts would react very positively in the semi.

Whether Hibs do remains to be seen, but at least the more excitable elements of the Hibs support will now be under no illusion about that match.

Ronniekirk
04-03-2020, 07:57 AM

But he wants to work closely with Hearts But did he expect us to gift them three points to get them off the bottom of the Table Expect not , but that’s in effect what we did
We have lost two Derby games at home for the first time since 1996/7 Season but to a team at the bottom of the League ffs

Jones28
04-03-2020, 08:25 AM
The famous five stand was a bit fuller than normal.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 08:34 AM
Some of the balls into the box were tremendous, just nobody to finish them.

PeeJay
04-03-2020, 08:45 AM
We’re still in the cup.
We’re still top six.
Jambos could still drop.

Losing so easily at home to the bottom of the league club who also happen to be our nearest neighbours - NO!

jacomo
04-03-2020, 08:48 AM
More derbies to look forward to next season?

Some are of the opinion that we need Hearts in the same division as us, so things are looking up for them at least.

ehf
04-03-2020, 09:17 AM
The semi-final will probably have to be played behind closed doors.

Diclonius
04-03-2020, 09:18 AM
If we win the semi final no one will care about last night's result. If.

That's it.

hibsbollah
04-03-2020, 09:26 AM
No obvious signs of having picked up coronovirus this morning. But it can incubate for 2 weeks so that's probably the double whammy.

CB_NO3
04-03-2020, 09:31 AM
They say you learn more about your team when you lose, more than you do when you win. Last night showed a lot of the team for what they are. Bottle merchants and not up for the fight.

Only Boyle, Doidge and Jackson got pass marks for me and they were hardly great.

Jones28
04-03-2020, 09:33 AM
They say you learn more about your team when you lose, more than you do when you win. Last night showed a lot of the team for what they are. Bottle merchants and not up for the fight.

Only Boyle, Doidge and Jackson got pass marks for me and they were hardly great.

I don’t see what Doidge did to deserve pass marks. I saw a guy continually beaten in the air and when he did have the ball it was either passed backwards or lost altogether. Effort yes, quality non existent.

calumhibee1
04-03-2020, 09:33 AM

Boyle, Doidge, McGinn and Jackson for me. Did Jackson play Washington on as well as Hanlon for the goal? Or was it just Hanlon?

KingPat4
04-03-2020, 09:37 AM
I could not see us beating them three games in a row. Bad day at the office.

Act upon the obvious and move on.

Johnny Clash
04-03-2020, 09:40 AM
We’ve lulled them into a false sense of security - they’ll be overly confident for the semi. We will win

H18S NX
04-03-2020, 09:41 AM
No positives i'm afraid,bottle merchants at best,sorry.

emerald green
04-03-2020, 09:44 AM
I cannot take anything positive from last night's capitulation.

An alien from outer space visiting ER for the first time last night would have been thinking that it was the team in green and white which was sitting bottom of the table, not the other way round. :rolleyes:

Steve20
04-03-2020, 09:59 AM
More derbies to look forward to next season?

Some are of the opinion that we need Hearts in the same division as us, so things are looking up for them at least.

Two more derbies this season. We've got Aberdeen and Celtic before the split and that defence won't keep us in the top 6 now. The only slight positive is that Hearts still aren't good, so there's a chance we win the semi final. But the players and Jack Ross will need to buck their ideas up because that was almost unforgivable last night (almost, being there's one game they MUST win to be forgiven for yesterdays abomination)

California-Hibs
04-03-2020, 10:03 AM
1. This hopefully acts as the ultimate motivation to get it right in the Semi.

2. Sean Clare suspended for the Semi

3. Finish top 6 & win the Semi and last night will be quickly forgotten.

4. They are still in real relegation trouble as it stands.

5. We're 15 points ahead and will finish above them in the league again.

6. Last night was not our usual game while on the other hand that's their max and the best Hearts can produce

🤷*♂️

Greenbeard
04-03-2020, 11:58 AM
Watford 3 - 0 Liverpool
Hibs 1 - 3 Hearts
Which is the more surprising result?
Bad days at the office happen.
The positive thing is that that is one of our's out the way. Surely can't have so many in the team having an off day against them in the semi.
I'd rather lose last night and win the semi than the other way round. And I'll hang on to the hope, albeit a slimmer one after last night, that they will still go down.

Alan62
04-03-2020, 12:55 PM
One huge positive from last night was that there was a noticeable increase in hand washing in the toilets. Also a startling reminder of how many folks usually don’t bother.

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 01:04 PM

Change that to how bad the fans are and how unhappy the players were. Imagine slating the team when you can't even be bothered to stay for a full derby match.

HoboHarry
04-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Yes, I have a weeks vacation staring on Friday.....

JeMeSouviens
04-03-2020, 01:16 PM
I'll be out of the country on the weekend of April 11th/12th.

franck sauzee
04-03-2020, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't say the players were bottle merchants. Think they were over eager if anything. Over hitting passes all night. I said after the penalty we need to calm down and be patient. Unfortunately we did the opposite and continued to try to play quick balls forward which wasn't happening and inevitably lumping it forward which also wasn't working. Far too many players not at it. In fact only McGinn for me was decent

Since452
04-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Greg Doherty's post game interview.

He was clearly hurting. Not exactly a positive but shows me at least the players care.

Put it right at Hampden. That's your chance.

JeMeSouviens
04-03-2020, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't say the players were bottle merchants. Think they were over eager if anything. Over hitting passes all night. I said after the penalty we need to calm down and be patient. Unfortunately we did the opposite and continued to try to play quick balls forward which wasn't happening and inevitably lumping it forward which also wasn't working. Far too many players not at it. In fact only McGinn for me was decent

Totally agree with your analysis except that I think it takes bottle to keep playing (or in last night's case, start playing) when things go against you. There was plenty of time left but they lost the head and got worse. Seemed like a bottle crash to me?

Green_one
04-03-2020, 02:27 PM
Gullan got a cameo appearance. I have big hopes for the boy

Hopefully the big positive is players and manager up their game in the league and semi. Far from certain unfortunately

tonyrougier123
04-03-2020, 02:41 PM
Gullan got a cameo appearance. I have big hopes for the boy

Hopefully the big positive is players and manager up their game in the league and semi. Far from certain unfortunately

The laddie has untapped layers of fitness in him,if this boy works hard the sky's the limit for his career
Lets start by showing him some faith by starting him in some games.

hibbie02
04-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Good chance of another Derby at Tynie this season if we keep that form going....

Lancs Harp
04-03-2020, 02:51 PM
Biggest positive for me was I was watching at home. Couldnt have imagined my state of mind driving back 3.5 hours with that on my mind. I'd have been suicidal by the time I got home. Small mercies. I'll be at the semi final though.

From a footballing/match point of view its difficult to think of anything. No one got injured I guess, apart from pride and ego.