Horgan
McNulty

Time to be ruthless

NC1875
04-03-2020, 05:53 AM
Add Hanlon to that list

Heisenberg
04-03-2020, 05:54 AM
Agree with all the names on the list except Omeonga. I thought he’d have it in him to play defensive midfield but it appears not, play him further forward. Also add Hanlon to the list.

calumhibee1
04-03-2020, 05:55 AM
Agree with them all to varying degrees.

sean04
04-03-2020, 05:55 AM
Agree with all the names on the list except Omeonga. I thought he’d have it in him to play

Probably needs a Marvin Bartley in there next to him. While midfield would benefit from a proper defensive mid

KingFranck
04-03-2020, 06:12 AM
Not too sure about Slivka the rest yep punt

sean04
04-03-2020, 06:16 AM
Not too sure about Slivka the rest yep punt

I really want to like Slivka. Looks a classy player at times then disappears. We need better, hasn’t been able to hold a regular place down and is out of contract in the summer

theonlywayisup
04-03-2020, 06:29 AM
Would anyone disagree with the following players leaving in the summer

James
Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson
Slivka
Hallberg
Whittaker
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty

Time to be ruthless

Swap Hanlon with Whittaker and I would agree.

Whittaker has not let us down at all this season in the very few games that he's played for us - it feels unfair to include him in the list, but due to his age I understand where you are coming from. I would keep him as back-up to pass on his experience to the younger players that must come into the team.

Also, not sure about Omeonga. I think that there's a good player in there, but he was very poor last night in an over-run midfield. Allan and Docherty were just as poor.

Unseen work
04-03-2020, 06:29 AM
Hallberg has something about him but needed some help in the centre with him. He’s not got a chance in there with Newall, Omeonga or Docherty - I wouldn’t give up on him.

I’d keep Omeonga without breaking the bank for him.

Part of me thinks McNulty as a permanent with a full pre season behind him could do a job, however probably not worth the cost and perhaps better options. Seems a lot worse than this time last year.

The rest I’m happy to see leave.

sean04
04-03-2020, 06:33 AM
Swap Hanlon with Whittaker and I would agree.

Whittaker has not let us down at all this season in the very few games that he's played for us - it feels unfair to include him in the list, but due to his age I understand where you are coming from. I would keep him as back-up to pass on his experience to the younger players that must come into the team.

Also, not sure about Omeonga. I think that there's a good player in there, but he was very poor last night in an over-run midfield. Allan and Docherty were just as poor.

Think Whittaker will be on good money and deal up in the summer. Can’t play 2 games in a row . Maybe 1 year deal on reduced terms. No doubt he is still a classy player but legs aren’t there

sean04
04-03-2020, 06:35 AM
Hallberg has something about him but needed some help in the centre with him. He’s not got a chance in there with Newall, Omeonga or Docherty - I wouldn’t give up on him.

I’d keep Omeonga without breaking the bank for him.

Part of me thinks McNulty as a permanent with a full pre season behind him could do a job, however probably not worth the cost and perhaps better options. Seems a lot worse than this time last year.

The rest I’m happy to see leave.

Think the problem we have is Hallberg, Slivka, Mallan, Omeonga or all kinda similar. Neat and tidy. Poor defensively

theonlywayisup
04-03-2020, 06:36 AM
Think Whittaker will be on good money and deal up in the summer. Can’t play 2 games in a row . Maybe 1 year deal on reduced terms. No doubt he is still a classy player but legs aren’t there

Wasn't aware of that. If so, maybe it's time to say thanks for his effort, but we need younger energy in the team.

Beefster
04-03-2020, 06:37 AM
The way I feel right now, I wouldn’t be fussed at seeing anyone bar Marciano, Bogdan, Boyle, Newell, Allan, Doidge and Gullan emptied.

Hibernian Verse
04-03-2020, 06:43 AM
Having slept on it I don't think we need to empty a large chunk of the first team.

If we perform like that again under JR I'll have to reconsider.

I would like to see better players brought in at CB, LWB, CDM & ST (in place of McNulty) but, for example, I wouldn't empty Stevenson I'd just reduce his playing time to back up.

McKenzie
04-03-2020, 06:51 AM
The game last night needed Whittaker or Slivka in midfield. Slivka is under appreciated by the support in how he keeps the game ticking over by retaining possession, rarely wasting the ball. Doc and Steph just refused to take the ball which resulted in winless punts forward. Can’t go into the semi with they 2 in midfield again

Hibee_Craig7062
04-03-2020, 07:19 AM
Paul Hanlon should be on that list

Unseen work
04-03-2020, 07:22 AM
Honestly, I thought Hanlon was fine last night and the least of our issues.

I’m not normally his biggest fan but last night I was ok with how he played.

The lack of precision and tempo in our play and reaction/attitude of some of our players was more of a concern imo.

JammyDoidger
04-03-2020, 07:26 AM

The lack of precision and tempo in our play and reaction/attitude of some of our players was more of a concern imo.

Hanlon was fine? Your having a laugh, he was all over the place. Him and Stevenson need to go in the summer. If Hanlon wasn't wearing the captains armband I'd maybe be a bit more lenient on him, but that man is not a captain and not a winner. He's far too nice to be a centre half and captain.

Smartie
04-03-2020, 07:29 AM
The game last night needed Whittaker or Slivka in midfield. Slivka is under appreciated by the support in how he keeps the game ticking over by retaining possession, rarely wasting the ball. Doc and Steph just refused to take the ball which resulted in winless punts forward. Can’t go into the semi with they 2 in midfield again

I think that’s a good point about Slivka being able to play under pressure, he’s one of our best at that.

Who’d have thought it but he might be a better shout that Docherty for Hampden, Docherty looked hopeless under pressure.

Unseen work
04-03-2020, 07:29 AM
Hanlon was fine? Your having a laugh, he was all over the place. Him and Stevenson need to go in the summer. If Hanlon wasn't wearing the captains armband I'd maybe be a bit more lenient on him, but that man is not a captain and not a winner. He's far too nice to be a centre half and captain.

Imo yes, he had a slip which was almost costly and tried to play offside for the 3rd but I don’t think Boyce was in the game and whilst Washington worked had I never thought he was much of a concern.

They pressed us and got in our face, dominating the midfield in the second half.

ScottB
04-03-2020, 07:31 AM
Probably is, when did our recruitment team last have a good summer?

The flaws in the team have been there for all to see for a couple windows now, yet they’ve never been addressed. Hell they’ve been made worse, as we’ve stockpiled centre midfielders and reduced, instead of increasing, our number of forwards to choose from. Nevermind the long running failure to sign a left back, or to provide cover for an injured Porteous in an already weak defence.

Time for the recruitment folk to earn their place at the club. Major surgery is needed, and those key areas need addressed, not ignored, again, or just temporarily filled with guys we’ve seen before.

Hibee_Craig7062
04-03-2020, 07:38 AM

Not a single one of them could class their performance as "fine" last night IMO. But Hanlon has been poor for some time now sadly. We can have no room for sentiment when it comes to him, stevenson etc. must be moved on soon.

DH1875
04-03-2020, 08:00 AM

Thought he had a terrible game and was all over the place at times. Opinions lol.

supermcginn
04-03-2020, 08:06 AM

Fine? He was all over the shop and is never a captain. Time for him to go.

James70
04-03-2020, 08:32 AM
A complete rebuilding job required for several reasons. Loan players returning to their parent club, players over 30 yrs old who are past their best, fringe players who can't hold down a regular spot and our best player who will no doubt be head hunted come the summer.

jacomo
04-03-2020, 08:52 AM

James
Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson
Slivka
Hallberg
Whittaker
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty

Time to be ruthless

Yes I disagree. Some freshening up of the squad definitely required but let’s not burn the entire building down.

sean04
04-03-2020, 08:54 AM
Yes I disagree. Some freshening up of the squad definitely required but let’s not burn the entire building down.

Who would you keep?

calumhibee1
04-03-2020, 09:05 AM
Rocky
Bogdan

McGinn
Porto

Doc
Newell
Allan
Boyle

Doidge
Gullan

Off the top of my head the only ones I really want to see in the squad next season. May have missed one or two but there’s not many.

Stokesy's on fire
04-03-2020, 09:10 AM

James
Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson
Slivka
Hallberg
Whittaker
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty

Time to be ruthless

Slivka and Mallan should be on the list as well not good enough

Jones28
04-03-2020, 09:10 AM
That’s harsh on Omeonga. The rest I agree with, along with Hanlon.

J-C
04-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Gray and McGregor will move into coaching the youths, hence the long contracts, I wouldn't be surprised if Stevenson did the same, 3 top pros to pass on knowledge to the younger players. Whittaker hasn't done a lot wrong this season but can we keep someone who only plays 10 games a season. Omeonga for all his running about did little last night, McNulty doesn't look interested, Doidge shows little apart from a few goals, Horgan just isn't good enough and one of our higher earners, Allan has been very poor for a good few games now but my biggest disappointment last night was Docherty.

Can we afford a total clear out? McNulty, Omeonga and Docherty are loans and will go back to their parent clubs. I'd get rid of Horgan, Slivka, James, McGinn and Whittaker and phase out Gray, McGregor and Stevenson by bringing in 1st team players for their positions. I'm still undecided about Doidge.

hibsbollah
04-03-2020, 09:12 AM

I thought Omeonga had a decent first half, got caught a few times in the second but he was far from our worst performer.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Not based on last night but in last 12 months or so I would not be bothered if in our first game next season we had 8 or 9 different players starting.

calumhibee1
04-03-2020, 09:13 AM

I honestly don’t see what everyone else does with Omeonga. He’s alright, that’s about it. Don’t think he’s a great footballer but that’s redeemed slightly by his willingness to run about a bit and an infectious personality during interviews etc. I’d be in no rush to keep him.

JohnM1875
04-03-2020, 09:14 AM
I thought Omeonga had a decent first half, got caught a few times in the second but he was far from our worst performer.

Totally agree. Was nowhere near as bad as some are making out. And at times was the only player looking for the ball.

He did give the ball away twice in the space of 10 seconds near the edge of our box so maybe that's what folk are focusing on?

See he's 'liked' a tweet on twitter from a Hibs fan calling him and McNulty utter *****. The absolute abuse the players take these days is insane.

sean04
04-03-2020, 09:15 AM
Gray and McGregor will move into coaching the youths, hence the long contracts, I wouldn't be surprised if Stevenson did the same, 3 top pros to pass on knowledge to the younger players. Whittaker hasn't done a lot wrong this season but can we keep someone who only plays 10 games a season. Omeonga for all his running about did little last night, McNulty doesn't look interested, Doidge shows little apart from a few goals, Horgan just isn't good enough and one of our higher earners, Allan has been very poor for a good few games now but my biggest disappointment last night was Docherty.

Can we afford a total clear out? McNulty, Omeonga and Docherty are loans and will go back to their parent clubs. I'd get rid of Horgan, Slivka, James, McGinn and Whittaker and phase out Gray, McGregor and Stevenson by bringing in 1st team players for their positions. I'm still undecided about Doidge.

Doidge is a penalty box striker. Put quality in the box he scores goals. When Newell plays doidge scores

Diclonius
04-03-2020, 09:15 AM
Keep:
Marciano
McGinn
Doidge
Boyle
Newell
Docherty
Allan
Porteous
Bogdan
Gullan

Maybe:
Whittaker
Hanlon
Mallan
Jackson
Hallberg
Naismith
Porteous
Murray
Omeonga

Leave:
Gray
Horgan
Slivka
McNulty
Stevenson
James
McGregor
Mackie

That's how I see it at the moment.

flash
04-03-2020, 09:18 AM
Totally agree. Was nowhere near as bad as some are making out. And at times was the only player looking for the ball.

He did give the ball away twice in the space of 10 seconds near the edge of our box so maybe that's what folk are focusing on?

See he's 'liked' a tweet on twitter from a Hibs fan calling him and McNulty utter *****. The absolute abuse the players take these days is insane.

What kind of utter moron contacts a player directly just to abuse them, often in a really nasty, personal way? Nothing wrong with letting off steam here as this is a forum for the fans. Am sure the players don't need told how bad they were last night.

TimeForHeroes16
Now way should Hanlon & Stevenson etc be cleared out

Agree 100% they are not starters but we need these players still around the club and they are more than capable of filling in as squad players but clearing them out no

J-C
Doidge is a penalty box striker. Put quality in the box he scores goals. When Newell plays doidge scores

That was my point, in a game like last night he was hopeless and offered nowt, can we afford a player who only does things in the penalty box, we need more of an all round striker.

madhatter
04-03-2020, 09:20 AM

James
Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson
Slivka
Hallberg
Whittaker
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty

Time to be ruthless

Add Jackson to that. Marciano as well because I dont think he particularly wants to be at Hibs. Unpopular view but for a fair part of this season Allan could be added to that list as well. Beyond corner kicks the jury is still out on Newell for me. Think Boyle is only one from a senior player perspective that I'd absolutely want to keep. He stands out, the rest are just numbers really. Our time of heroes has really gone.

Our squad is very very average. Club keep saying otherwise but our inability to defend or battle in the midfield throughout the season says otherwise.

supermcginn
04-03-2020, 09:20 AM

A few goals? He's scored 17 in what is hardly a vintage hibs team.

supermcginn
04-03-2020, 09:21 AM
Now way should Hanlon & Stevenson etc be cleared out

Agree 100% they are not starters but we need these players still around the club and they are more than capable of filling in as squad players but clearing them out no
Couldn't disagree more, time to move the club forward and freshen up.

hibsbollah
04-03-2020, 09:22 AM
That was my point, in a game like last night he was hopeless and offered nowt, can we afford a player who only does things in the penalty box, we need more of an all round striker.

Yes we can. If He not McNulty gets on the end of Boyles whipped cross first half 9 times out of ten that's a goal. Use the wings, whip in balls and as long as Ross sets them out that way Doidge is the boy you want in there.

hibsbollah
04-03-2020, 09:25 AM
What kind of utter moron contacts a player directly just to abuse them, often in a really nasty, personal way? Nothing wrong with letting off steam here as this is a forum for the fans. Am sure the players don't need told how bad they were last night.

The kind of moron who probably numbers in the tens of thousands, sadly. Twitter has made bullying mainstream.

sean04
04-03-2020, 09:26 AM

Unfortunately these guys cost a lot of money and every team in the land want them. Doidge has 16/17 goals this season and considering he didn’t settle until November. Needs a strike partner and he will be fine

Pretty Boy
04-03-2020, 09:29 AM
I've said before that I don't feel anything like the affinity with the current Hibs side that I did with others in recent years. There just seems much less of a connection between fans and players and I think the reasons for that are multi layered.

The only player I would be totally gutted to lose from the current side is Boyle. Is it a coincidence he also seems the biggest personality in the side? There are others I'd like to see more of (Docherty, Newell, McGinn, Doidge) but I wouldn't be too distraught if a lot of our squad left. Contrast that to 2/3 years ago when you could hardly pick one player you would be happy to see leave.

It's hardly a revelation to say it' s a huge summer for Hibs and one we have to get right. A few players will have to move on to get the right faces in and I'm more than happy for that to happen.

madhatter
04-03-2020, 09:29 AM

The abuse is insane and totally unjustified. However, I think the privileged position football players have nowadays, while the fans are largely working away to provide for their families and buying tickets to see their football team, provides ample reasoning for why it does happen even though it is wrong. Days of working class footballers that apply work ethic and determination on a pitch is largely gone. Football is too comfortable for players now, I think this is why Hibs struggle to develop youngsters - too casual and dont apply themselves to push into first team. No drive to make it further in football - McGinn had that drive and it was evident.

I've hinted at it before but having HTC can work for us and against us. May appeal to better players but can also make players feel comfortable and give them a "I've made it" feeling.

J-C
04-03-2020, 09:35 AM
Yes we can. If He not McNulty gets on the end of Boyles whipped cross first half 9 times out of ten that's a goal. Use the wings, whip in balls and as long as Ross sets them out that way Doidge is the boy you want in there.

We need to go 4-3-3, have a solid back 4 who defend 1st, with a DM, Boyle wide right and a good solid IF or winger on the left, GMS would've been perfect but he's away to the States.

Greenbeard
04-03-2020, 09:37 AM

Aye, I thought Omeonga would have done better overall in that sort of game. Too many loose passes and got dispossessed a couple of times. HOWEVER, the good things he did were a class apart. No way should he be on any knee-jerk clear-out list.

hibsbollah
04-03-2020, 09:38 AM
We need to go 4-3-3, have a solid back 4 who defend 1st, with a DM, Boyle wide right and a good solid IF or winger on the left, GMS would've been perfect but he's away to the States.

I don't disagree at all.

The Modfather
04-03-2020, 09:41 AM
Rocky
Bogdan

McGinn
Porto

Doc
Newell
Allan
Boyle

Doidge
Gullan

Off the top of my head the only ones I really want to see in the squad next season. May have missed one or two but there’s not many.

Think my keep list would be very similar.

I’d prioritise moving on Horgan, Slivka, Gray, James, Hallberg & Mallan. Some of those I’d be happy to see go and others, like Mallan & possibly Hallberg I’d have a heavier heart. However I don’t see any of those as first team players and some of them must be on a big wage, like Horgan, and from the wages freed up we could sign 2 or 3 real of real quality.

He was awful last night, but Docherty is still my number one priority in the summer IMO.

Jones28
04-03-2020, 09:42 AM
I honestly don’t see what everyone else does with Omeonga. He’s alright, that’s about it. Don’t think he’s a great footballer but that’s redeemed slightly by his willingness to run about a bit and an infectious personality during interviews etc. I’d be in no rush to keep him.

He was the only midfielder up for the scrap last night, the only Hibs player that won some of his battles and remember he’s not played a whole lot of football. I remember in his first spell he dominated Mulumbu from Killie and showed what he’s really capable of.

He was badly badly let down by his midfield colleagues last night.

hibsbollah
04-03-2020, 09:42 AM
I've said before that I don't feel anything like the affinity with the current Hibs side that I did with others in recent years. There just seems much less of a connection between fans and players and I think the reasons for that are multi layered.

The only player I would be totally gutted to lose from the current side is Boyle. Is it a coincidence he also seems the biggest personality in the side? There are others I'd like to see more of (Docherty, Newell, McGinn, Doidge) but I wouldn't be too distraught if a lot of our squad left. Contrast that to 2/3 years ago when you could hardly pick one player you would be happy to see leave.

It's hardly a revelation to say it' s a huge summer for Hibs and one we have to get right. A few players will have to move on to get the right faces in and I'm more than happy for that to happen.

I agree with the point and id add Omeonga to that list. Comes across as clever cultured and humble piano playing eccentric who works hard for the shirt and came back to the club at the first opportunity.

KingPat4
04-03-2020, 10:02 AM
Would take too long for me to go over the whole squad, so I'll stick to the contentious ones. I don't want to see Hanlon, Stevenson, McNulty or Marciano at Easter Road next season.

I would keep Steph, as long as he does not cost too much, but Docherty won't be coming back, for the same reason. Would like to see Naismith back and hope that Jack already has his eye on some players from his time at Sunderland. Not sure about Nisbet, would take a gamble on him, but not at the sort of money mentioned, he's not proven at this level obviously, but then, neither is Shankland.

Undecided on the rest, including Whitty, Daz and SDG.

KingPat4
04-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Think my keep list would be very similar.

I’d prioritise moving on Horgan, Slivka, Gray, James, Hallberg & Mallan. Some of those I’d be happy to see go and others, like Mallan & possibly Hallberg I’d have a heavier heart. However I don’t see any of those as first team players and some of them must be on a big wage, like Horgan, and from the wages freed up we could sign 2 or 3 real of real quality.

He was awful last night, but Docherty is still my number one priority in the summer IMO.

I thought Horgan did well last night, compared to others, but that's not to say I would keep him.

Bangkok Hibby
04-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Add Hanlon, keep Omeonga and Hallberg

Since452
04-03-2020, 11:27 AM
Add Hanlon, keep Omeonga and Hallberg

After last night Omeonga would be one of the first out the door

Bangkok Hibby
04-03-2020, 11:30 AM

After last night the whole team could go. He's a young man with potential. Plenty to be shipped before him.

Greenbeard
04-03-2020, 11:41 AM
Are you the bloke who was on that SFA panel that dismissed Keating's appeal? Judgement up yer erse man.
Ok he wasn't great last night, but still did a few things that were a class above. More than can be said for the vast majority of the team. If anyone was getting shown the door after last night he'd be near the back of the queue.

EI255
04-03-2020, 11:44 AM

James
Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson
Slivka
Hallberg
Whittaker
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty

Time to be ruthlessGotta agree with that. Every single one.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

marleyhib
04-03-2020, 12:06 PM
Really hoping last night was a major one off blip but TBH we ain't been great this season for all our plaudits:

Not that fussy about keeping many that would start:

Bogdan (as at least he can kick a baw)

McGinn
Jackson
Porto

Boyle (if he leaves we are rubber ducked)
Newell (50/50)
Allan (tho he's been rank for a few months)
Hallberg (50/50)

Doige
Gullan

Loans:
I like Docherty but we'll no be able to afford him
Omenonga looked out his depth last night, still a player there if not too £
McNulty is showing why he couldn't get a game in England

Sir David Gray
04-03-2020, 12:15 PM

Pathetic behaviour.

I'm as angry as anyone after last night but I wouldn't dream of abusing any player directly.

I'm sure the fact they played the last 10 minutes last night in front of an empty stadium tells them everything.

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Honestly some of the hysteria on here makes me embarrassed to be a hibs supporter. Some of the so called fans on here need their eyes and their brains checked, slating people like omeonga and mcnulty in loads of threads. Mcnulty I understand as he had a shocking game but I've seen people say they'd be happier with flo when our centre back has scored more goals than he has this season and the boys basically slated us to make good with the huns. Meanwhile Omeonga being slated by his own fans when he was the hardest worker that night. How you could include him on that list and not slivka or Hanlon is mind boggling. Beginning to think hibs winning the Scottish cup was the worst thing that could happen because it's given some of my fellow hibs fans this toxic belief that we're Barcelona and that we should be winning every match easily. Folk going on about beating them 7-0 before the game throwing the dummies out the pram and saying that if JR doesn't win the semi he should be out the door? That's jambo level obsession with beating them and it's embarrassing seeing that as a hibs fan. If anyone thinks Ross out after that one poor game you don't deserve to be hibs fans.

Scotty Leither
04-03-2020, 01:36 PM
I'd "clear out" the recruitment guy, but seeing as he's just been promoted, that's highly unlikely.

We need a total re-think as to how we scout, source and BUY players for the long-term - not simply re-tread loan players who we've borrowed before in the hope they'll be decent again.

pacoluna
04-03-2020, 03:21 PM
We just gave McG and Grey 4 year deals, they won't be emptied. The wages could have spent on different younger, hungrier players. I suspect these deals where a way of saying thanks for your service and the whole behind the scene benefits but going by yesterday that theory has quickly been dispelled.

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 03:24 PM
The way I feel right now, I wouldn’t be fussed at seeing anyone bar Marciano, Bogdan, Boyle, Newell, Allan, Doidge and Gullan emptied.

Take out Marciano keep Porto and I would agree.

CMurdoch
04-03-2020, 04:01 PM
I would clear out a lot of hibs.netters who know little about football

I would also not allow people to post on a thread like this unless they at least knew which Hibs players are out of contract in the summer. For the information of said baw bags only Whittaker & Slivka are out of contract this summer.

CMurdoch
04-03-2020, 04:03 PM
Keep:
Marciano
McGinn
Doidge
Boyle
Newell
Docherty
Allan
Porteous
Bogdan
Gullan

Maybe:
Whittaker
Hanlon
Mallan
Jackson
Hallberg
Naismith
Porteous
Murray
Omeonga

Leave:
Gray
Horgan
Slivka
McNulty
Stevenson
James
McGregor
Mackie

That's how I see it at the moment.

You have Porteous in 2 categories

ekhibee
04-03-2020, 04:39 PM
I think that’s a good point about Slivka being able to play under pressure, he’s one of our best at that.

Who’d have thought it but he might be a better shout that Docherty for Hampden, Docherty looked hopeless under pressure.

I totally disagree. Slivka and players like him are the kind of players we should be getting rid of if we have any pretensions towards finishing in the top 4 on a regular basis. 1 good game in 10 doesn't make him a useful asset and he's been at the club long enough and tried in different positions. He's had more than enough time to establish himself and it hasn't happened. And I wouldn't want to hang on to him just because he's cheaper either.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 04:40 PM
I'd "clear out" the recruitment guy, but seeing as he's just been promoted, that's highly unlikely.

We need a total re-think as to how we scout, source and BUY players for the long-term - not simply re-tread loan players who we've borrowed before in the hope they'll be decent again.

Decent again would suggest they were decent before?

keep the faith
04-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Honestly some of the hysteria on here makes me embarrassed to be a hibs supporter. Some of the so called fans on here need their eyes and their brains checked, slating people like omeonga and mcnulty in loads of threads. Mcnulty I understand as he had a shocking game but I've seen people say they'd be happier with flo when our centre back has scored more goals than he has this season and the boys basically slated us to make good with the huns. Meanwhile Omeonga being slated by his own fans when he was the hardest worker that night. How you could include him on that list and not slivka or Hanlon is mind boggling. Beginning to think hibs winning the Scottish cup was the worst thing that could happen because it's given some of my fellow hibs fans this toxic belief that we're Barcelona and that we should be winning every match easily. Folk going on about beating them 7-0 before the game throwing the dummies out the pram and saying that if JR doesn't win the semi he should be out the door? That's jambo level obsession with beating them and it's embarrassing seeing that as a hibs fan. If anyone thinks Ross out after that one poor game you don't deserve to be hibs fans.

Absolutely this!

The 90+2
04-03-2020, 04:51 PM

I would also not allow people to post on a thread like this unless they at least knew which Hibs players are out of contract in the summer. For the information of said baw bags only Whittaker & Slivka are out of contract this summer.

What? So Bogdan, Naismith McNulty Docherty and Stephane are contracted after the summer and Raith Rovers Might be interested in Lewis Stevenson?

At least be factually correct before ripping into other posters.

The Modfather
04-03-2020, 04:57 PM

Not sure what you’re ranting about, but any chance of imparting your wisdom on all things football and contribute to the thread about who you would keep and who you would get rid of?

B.H.F.C
04-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Complete rebuild defensively. The problem is that all our current defenders are contracted beyond the end of this season.

Gray and McGregor need moved on to the ‘other things’ that come with their contract, whatever that is.

Hanlon and Stevenson aren’t first picks anymore. IMO, they have let us down more than anybody this season (despite being the type that don’t let you down apparently). Poor performances and, as the two senior pros in that team to play most weeks, have offered next to nothing leadership wise when we’ve been up against it.

James, nothing needs said.

Jackson’s goals have perhaps masked the fact that we haven’t particularly improved defensively since he came in.

McGinn, steady is perhaps being generous. Like Jackson, his introduction hasn’t exactly seen us tighten up defensively really.

Carheenlea
04-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Omeonga had a dip in form for one game - get him shipped out. Unacceptable :agree:

Doesn’t deserve to be around for next years clear out.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 06:30 PM
You have Porteous in 2 categories

We should be keeping at least one of them 😀

Nicho87
04-03-2020, 06:33 PM
Out
Gray
McGregor
Whittaker
Stevenson
Slivka
Fraser Murray
McNulty
Horgan
James

CMurdoch
04-03-2020, 07:04 PM
What? So Bogdan, Naismith McNulty Docherty and Stephane are contracted after the summer and Raith Rovers Might be interested in Lewis Stevenson?

At least be factually correct before ripping into other posters.

I'll give you Bogdan but the rest are on loan so are contracted to their parent clubs and will return at the conclusion of their loan
but
I will also raise you on your comment on the match score poll yesterday where you said something like:
We will definitely not lose tonight :wink:

CMurdoch
04-03-2020, 07:16 PM
Not sure what you’re ranting about, but any chance of imparting your wisdom on all things football and contribute to the thread about who you would keep and who you would get rid of?

No ranting from me but you may have noticed a lot of other folk on hibs.net losing their **** over the last 22 hrs.

Re the subject at hand:
There can be no "Summer Clearout".
Getting rid of players under contract is in neither my gift nor the clubs.

The only guys Hibs can get rid of in the summer are the 3 who are at the end of their contracts: Whittaker, Slivka and Bogdan.

From the Ross selections and incoming to date he doesn't appear keen on James and guys like Hallberg are on the periphery. No club will want Gray etc.
The club can try to move players on they don't want but the players concerned will rightly sit tight on their contracts if it suits them.

Come the summer many Hibs players will be moving into the last year of their contracts and that is a far more interesting discussion. Cash in, new contract, allow contract to run down?

Marciano
McGinn
Jackson
Stevenson
Newell
Horgan
Boyle

There are only 9 players in the current first team squad (inc. Murray Gullan & Porteous but exc. Gray & McGregor) who have more than 15 months on their current contracts.

Smartie
04-03-2020, 07:31 PM
No ranting from me but you may have noticed a lot of other folk on hibs.net losing their **** over the last 22 hrs.

Moving on;
Getting rid of players under contract is in neither my gift nor the clubs.

The only guys Hibs can get rid of in the summer are the 3 who are at the end of their contracts: Whittaker, Slivka and Bogdan.

Other clubs will be gagging to take Boyle but won't want Gray etc etc.
Therein lies the problem of keeping or moving players on.

From the Ross selections and incoming to date he doesn't appear keen on James and guys like Hallberg are on the periphery. He can try to move them on but they will sit tight if it suits them.

I’d be surprised if Hallberg doesn’t get another chance over the next few weeks. He had a decent start to the season and was a wee bit unlucky to fall out of favour whilst a few others jumped ahead of him in the queue. The midfield was hopeless last night and Ross will surely try another few combinations between now and the semi.

MrRobot
04-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Hallberg is a good player imo. Should be back in the team.

ScottB
04-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Decent again would suggest they were decent before?

Well, yes and no. The players we get on loan tend to be guys not making the grade at their parent club. Some will do well with us, then either make the break through when they go back, or get a move elsewhere. If they end up back at us, it’s because they have continued to not make the grade, then it becomes a question of are they able to perform for us again, or not.

thebausburst
04-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Gray and McGregor had poor time with injuries, Whittaker finally been playing like the he was was capable of in years gone by, Omeonga is a good player as is McNulty.

thebausburst
04-03-2020, 08:47 PM
Hibs REALLY need to tie down Boyle on a new deal, that is THE most important bit of business they can do in the summer imo

B.H.F.C
04-03-2020, 08:55 PM
Gray and McGregor had poor time with injuries,

Neither injured at the moment. Just run their race now.

sean04
04-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Hibs need to get the lad gogic from Hamilton

CMurdoch
04-03-2020, 09:04 PM
Hibs need to get the lad gogic from Hamilton

He is an outstanding destroyer every game.
A much younger Bartley at 25 and his contract is up at the end of the season.
Should talk to him now and get him on a pre contract before someone else does.

h1bs4life
04-03-2020, 09:37 PM
My view

Keep:
McGinn
Doidge
Boyle Try to get on new contract
Newell
Docherty ( try to sign permanent )
Allan ( Needs to buck up his ideas)
Porteous
Bogdan Get him in now , hopefully wants to stay , get him signed on long term deal
Gullan
Omeonga Not as bad as some are making out
Jackson
Naismith ( try to sign got a bit aggression about him )
Mallan

Leave
Hanlon Put on transfer list / offer a free
Hallberg Return to club
Marciano Doesn't want to be here .
Gray Move to coaching
Horgan Put on transfer list / offer a free
Slivka No contract offer
McNulty Return to club
Stevenson Put on transfer list / offer a free
James Put on transfer list / offer a free
McGregor Move to coaching

Time to get defence sorted out , been soft for years. Watched a bit of Hamilton game tonight , impressed again with some of there defenders , tall , strong and aggressive, not shoved off the ball easily or lack of height.

CMurdoch
04-03-2020, 09:55 PM
My view

Keep:
McGinn
Doidge
Boyle Try to get on new contract
Newell
Docherty ( try to sign permanent )
Allan ( Needs to buck up his ideas)
Porteous
Bogdan Get him in now , hopefully wants to stay , get him signed on long term deal
Gullan
Omeonga Not as bad as some are making out
Jackson
Naismith ( try to sign got a bit aggression about him )
Mallan

Leave
Hanlon Put on transfer list / offer a free
Hallberg Return to club
Marciano Doesn't want to be here .
Gray Move to coaching
Horgan Put on transfer list / offer a free
Slivka No contract offer
McNulty Return to club
Stevenson Put on transfer list / offer a free
James Put on transfer list / offer a free
McGregor Move to coaching

Time to get defence sorted out , been soft for years. Watched a bit of Hamilton game tonight , impressed again with some of there defenders , tall , strong and aggressive, not shoved off the ball easily or lack of height.

You can't return your own players.
Contracted to Hibs until May 2022.
Get with the programme.

h1bs4life
04-03-2020, 10:07 PM
You can't return your own players.
Contracted to Hibs until May 2022.
Get with the programme.

For some reason thought Hallberg was on loan. Not a Jack Ross signing , maybe doesn't rate him as a player. If he gets a run and Ross still doesn't rate him put on transfer list / offer a free.

CMurdoch
04-03-2020, 10:13 PM
For some reason thought Hallberg was on loan. Not a Jack Ross signing , maybe doesn't rate him as a player. If he gets a run and Ross still doesn't rate him put on transfer list / offer a free.

Glad someone else on the board isn't angry :aok:
Recruitment team signing. Heckenbottom played him regularly but Ross seems to be keeping him on the bench. Might get his chance now after the recent mishap's against Hearts and Livingston.

cmcd
04-03-2020, 10:33 PM
Keep:
Marciano
McGinn
Doidge
Boyle
Newell
Docherty
Allan
Porteous
Bogdan
Gullan

Maybe:
Whittaker
Hanlon
Mallan
Jackson
Hallberg
Naismith
Porteous
Murray
Omeonga

Leave:
Gray
Horgan
Slivka
McNulty
Stevenson
James
McGregor
Mackie

That's how I see it at the moment.Gray and McGregor are going nowhere

cmcd
04-03-2020, 10:36 PM

Most supporters on here weren't born when we beat Hearts 7--0

ScottB
04-03-2020, 11:16 PM
At this point, of the team who started last night, I would be sad if only Boyle, Allan and McGinn were still starting 11 players next season.

We’re not going to be able to ‘clear out’ but at the least the likes of Hanlon and Stevenson should be backups. Both are past the point of being regulars and it’s almost a shame they are being put in that position after their years of service.

madhatter
04-03-2020, 11:22 PM
Most supporters on here weren't born when we beat Hearts 7--0

:agree: Sad but true - in my lifetime I've only seen Hibs fairly consistently struggle in derbies. Struggle more often that not generally as well - bottom six or mid tables is what I have seen more often that not.

CMurdoch
04-03-2020, 11:41 PM
Gray and McGregor are going nowhere

Daz has only played 401 minutes in the league this season.
Will be 35 in the summer.
I don't think he has trained regularly for some considerable time due to issues with his knees.
Suspect he will retire from playing in the summer.

Gray has only played 224 minutes in the league this season.
Will be 32 in 2 months and he is made of weetabix.
Contributing very little on the pitch now.

J-C
05-03-2020, 06:03 AM
Daz has only played 401 minutes in the league this season.
Will be 35 in the summer.
I don't think he has trained regularly for some considerable time due to issues with his knees.
Suspect he will retire from playing in the summer.

Gray has only played 224 minutes in the league this season.
Will be 32 in 2 months and he is made of weetabix.
Contributing very little on the pitch now.
These 2 players are expected to move into coaching, they're doing their badges right now, hence the longer contracts, I think they understand why they're not being picked, purely backup now.

eastmainsmsh
05-03-2020, 07:02 PM
Hallberg has been unlucky decent player

CMurdoch
05-03-2020, 07:12 PM
These 2 players are expected to move into coaching, they're doing their badges right now, hence the longer contracts, I think they understand why they're not being picked, purely backup now.

They break the glass and play Daz in emergencies.
Still does the biz but I believe he is struggling for days after.
Oh for a 25 year old Daz who was good on the ball.
Would be worth a fortune.

Think he will be a good operator on the non playing side of things.

MacGruber
05-03-2020, 08:46 PM

James
Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson
Slivka
Hallberg
Whittaker
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty

Time to be ruthless

Yes. Definitely keep Hallberg and Omeonga as part of the first team squad.
Would also have Gray, McGregor, Stevenson and Whittaker at the club in a coaching capacity if that's where there interest lies. Obviously Gray & Daz already pencilled in for roles behind the scenes.

Bronson
06-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Keep horgan 100%. Final ball needs work but there’s a talented player in there.

Would definitely keep hallberg too.

Since452
06-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Clear out

Stevenson
Hanlon
Omeonga
McNulty
Slivka

Don't know what the situation is with Gray and McGregor's long term contracts. Not sure what they're contributing to.

madhatter
07-03-2020, 03:48 PM
We definitely need a clearout. Tells the story in games against teams of similar size - most of our players struggle in their 1 vs 1s more often than not.

Says it all how many games Whittaker has been getting recently and that some fans are pleading for McGregor and Gray to come back into the team.

Our squad is in a horrendous state. We should be in a position to drop players that played awful against Hearts but virtually all of them started against Aberdeen. Our recruitment has been shocking. A mini Hecky-esque run of results has glossed over the issues. Such a tame squad, soft in the tackle and soft in aerial challenges etc.

Can't wait for this season to be over.

sean04
07-03-2020, 03:54 PM
We definitely need a clearout. Tells the story in games against teams of similar size - most of our players struggle in their 1 vs 1s more often than not.

Says it all how many games Whittaker has been getting recently and that some fans are pleading for McGregor and Gray to come back into the team.

Our squad is in a horrendous state. We should be in a position to drop players that played awful against Hearts but virtually all of them started against Aberdeen. Our recruitment has been shocking. A mini Hecky-esque run of results has glossed over the issues. Such a tame squad, soft in the tackle and soft in aerial challenges etc.

Can't wait for this season to be over.

Club has to be ruthless!!!
Can’t go another season with these guys, heroes or not it’s time to go. They aren’t good enough for a team wanting to finish 3rd

Mutu
07-03-2020, 03:55 PM
McNulty is quality, no idea why people are wanting shot of him. We expected to get in someone better??

The issues with his average form are the same as Omeonga: we're a long ball team. And not a very good one. We don't play well to their strengths at all.

Omeonga should be a cast iron keep, clearly the guy has ability. Same for McNulty.

Beefster
07-03-2020, 03:57 PM
I've got no faith that anyone at the club is ruthless enough to put an end to certain players being automatic picks. Stevenson will extend again on a multi-year contract next season and Hanlon still has over two years left. We'll be discussing how much of a clear-out we need this time next year with the same players playing week in, week out.

I read someone this week say that we should be keeping Horgan. One of our better paid players and, for the most part, he's an absolute ****ing passenger. We're still stuck with him for another year in any event.

Club is soft as ***** top to bottom.

madhatter
07-03-2020, 03:58 PM
McNulty is quality, no idea why people are wanting shot of him. We expected to get in someone better??

The issues with his average form are the same as Omeonga: we're a long ball team. And not a very good one. We don't play well to their strengths at all.

Omeonga should be a cast iron keep, clearly the guy has ability. Same for McNulty.

Bursting the bank to keep two players that look poor in a mediocre side doesn't at all sound like a good recruitment policy. If they were standouts then fair enough but they aren't.

flugsy
07-03-2020, 04:00 PM
If hanlon doesnt try to take on the whole aberdeen team, then loose the ball, whitiker doesnt have to come in and get sent off, changes the whole game. it seems no one on the Hibs team can trap a ball and play it with foot on the ground, almost every punted ball was lost, been that way all season. Going to be an interesting summer!!

sean04
07-03-2020, 04:00 PM
I've got no faith that anyone at the club is ruthless enough to put an end to certain players being automatic picks. Stevenson will extend again on a multi-year contract next season and Hanlon still has over two years left. We'll be discussing how much of a clear-out we need this time next year with the same players playing week in, week out.

I read someone this week say that we should be keeping Horgan. One of our better paid players and, for the most part, he's an absolute ****ing passenger. Club is soft as ***** top to bottom.

If Ron Gordon wants 16k season ticket holders he has to get rid of the dross. There’s a few guys including myself that will be waiting to see what happens in the summer before we renew the season tickets

heretoday
07-03-2020, 04:05 PM
No backbone. Must get one from somewhere.

The trouble is we have to make do with journeymen and low quality players these days. Gone are the Stantons and Cropleys.

supermcginn
07-03-2020, 04:08 PM

He really isn't, he is downright poor and so overweight.

hfc rd
07-03-2020, 04:09 PM

I read someone this week say that we should be keeping Horgan. One of our better paid players and, for the most part, he's an absolute ****ing passenger. We're still stuck with him for another year in any event.

Club is soft as ***** top to bottom.

That’s my main concern too. We are far too nice as a club and afraid to be ruthless when we need too.

Hanlon and Stevenson have been fantastic servants to the club but it’s clear as day that the pair of them are finished at this level.

Need to start thinking long term, especially if Ron wants 17K season tickets sold.

madhatter
07-03-2020, 04:21 PM
That’s my main concern too. We are far too nice as a club and afraid to be ruthless when we need too.

Hanlon and Stevenson have been fantastic servants to the club but it’s clear as day that the pair of them are finished at this level.

Need to start thinking long term, especially if Ron wants 17K season tickets sold.

Club will then use the lower ST numbers as an excuse for lack of signings/poor quality signings. Maybe not openly but in any interviews it'll be the "we have to live within our means". I agree with living within our means but it doesn't half give the club a great "out" - failure is due to the fans (some fans will be happy enough to point out lower ST numbers as the cause should this happen).

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2020, 04:48 PM
No backbone. Must get one from somewhere.

The trouble is we have to make do with journeymen and low quality players these days. Gone are the Stantons and Cropleys.

Indeed. But you don't need Stantons and Cropleys to have a team capable of competing for 3rd in this league as Motherwell have shown this season. What you need is players capable of winning against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Killie and in our case Hearts and of picking up at least one win against both of the uglies in a season. You also need organisation and a bit of steel in the team .... as Hamilton are currently showing you don't need to spend squillions to get that.

The summer is going to be vital for us, get it wrong and the alarm bells will be ringing. I'm all for Ron Gordon's vision, but the bottom line is that no amount of glitz and razzmatazz will keep folk coming back or buying season tickets to watch a poor team on the park .... The best matchday experience isn't much good if it's the best matchday experience in the Championship.

lyonhibs
07-03-2020, 05:21 PM
The annual "10 or more first team squad players must leave this summer" hysteria. It's not going to happen, that level of churn is ridiculous and unsustainable.

People talk about the need to build a squad with "Hibernian identity" rammed full of players who "get the club" like these players grow on trees and yet, in the same breath more or less, say that Stevenson, Gray, McGregor and Hanlon all need punted this summer?! Beyond parody.

Probably 5 or 6 out, the same in. At most.

Keith_M
07-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Can we start the clear out now please?

The Modfather
07-03-2020, 05:39 PM
The annual "10 or more first team squad players must leave this summer" hysteria. It's not going to happen, that level of churn is ridiculous and unsustainable.

People talk about the need to build a squad with "Hibernian identity" rammed full of players who "get the club" like these players grow on trees and yet, in the same breath more or less, say that Stevenson, Gray, McGregor and Hanlon all need punted this summer?! Beyond parody.

The annual “hysteria” is largely based on 4 poor summer windows in a row going back to Lennon’s first season. Get the summer right and it’s just tweaks needed in January not 4 January windows in a row needing major surgery. We have a squad full of RB’s, 1 LB, 2 Forwards, 2 wingers & no defensive midfielder.

If we were to sign 5 or 6 players the majority need to be first team starters that unquestionably improve us. We need to sign a core of a team the way we did in Stubbs’ first season.

Nicho87
07-03-2020, 05:40 PM
Bogdan.
Marciano
James
Stevenson
Hanlon
Jackson
Whittaker
Slivka
Hallberg
Horgan
Mcnulty
Fraser Murray
Omeonga

All would could should be told thanks but no thanks from summer.

mcfly
07-03-2020, 05:42 PM
If we want to improve we have to be ruthless.

Defence is not good enough. Facts don’t lie with the amount of goals conceded.

Stevenson and hanlon need to go.

Great servants but no longer good enough for us if we want top 4 football

scoopyboy
07-03-2020, 05:51 PM
Can we start the clear out now please?

Terry Butcher tried that and we all know how that ended

supermcginn
07-03-2020, 05:56 PM
Bogdan.
Marciano
James
Stevenson
Hanlon
Jackson
Whittaker
Slivka
Hallberg
Horgan
Mcnulty
Fraser Murray
Omeonga

We won't get a better keeper than Bogdan. Unbelievable he can't get a game in front of Marciano who is forever glued to his line.

pontius pilate
07-03-2020, 06:02 PM
I'd keep Bogdan, Halberg and Jackson the rest either move to backroom in regards to SDG and Daz or told to find a new club wee LS maybe given and ambassadorial role at the club, I'd be tempted to maybe give James a fresh start if Doidge Jackson and Newell can turn it around maybe he can

The 90+2
07-03-2020, 06:11 PM
Terry Butcher tried that and we all know how that ended

I don’t think it’s possible to get relegated at this stage.

scoopyboy
07-03-2020, 06:25 PM
I don’t think it’s possible to get relegated at this stage.

Oh its mathematically possible but I would say highly unlikely

Smartie
07-03-2020, 06:50 PM
If we want to improve we have to be ruthless.

Defence is not good enough. Facts don’t lie with the amount of goals conceded.

Stevenson and hanlon need to go.

Great servants but no longer good enough for us if we want top 4 football

It’s funny how Hanlon and Stevenson get clumped in together. As I see it Hanlon struggles to play on the left of a CH pairing but Stevenson is fine on the left of a back 4. Hanlon is good on the left of a 3 but Stevenson doesn’t have what it takes to play WB any more.

They’re both at the very least decent squad players but Ross needs to make some decisions about how he wants to play and build a squad accordingly. That might mean one or the other of this pair.

Tbh I’m back to wondering about Stevenson as a DM, although we have so few options for our left side it is frightening. It’s a piece of nonsense for a club that even pretends to be in the hunt for 3rd in the league.

h1bs4life
07-03-2020, 07:02 PM

Don't see many people saying we need to build a squad with "Hibernian identity" rammed full of players who "get the club".
Was born in 60's never heard of things like playing the Hibs way etc until the internet came along.
Don't care where a manager / player comes from its what happens on the park that matters.
Don't think David Gray was a Hibs fan when he joined but he worked his socks off from day 1 and the fans took to him because of the way he played and lead the team. His performance in the Cup Final through out the 90 minutes was enough to make him a legend , scoring the winner gave him god like status.
Darren Mcgreogor although a Hibs fans came through adverisity to play for the team he supported.
Hanlon and Stevenson are scottish cup winning legends and thats it.
They have been part of teams that have had some of the most embarrassing results in our recent history, cup finals , semi finals, european games and league games but for some reason are still here.They should have been long gone the fact nobody else has wanted them says it all.
Not sure what there wages are , minimum £1k a week .
To think between them we have paid a minimum of £1 million in wages to them is unbelievable.

Ozyhibby
07-03-2020, 07:03 PM
Hanlon, Stevenson, Gray, McGregor and James are all still under contract next season. I don’t see Hibs getting shot of any of them so it will be the same next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdawg
07-03-2020, 07:30 PM

James
Gray
Mcgregor
Stevenson
Slivka
Hallberg
Whittaker
Omeonga
Horgan
McNulty

Time to be ruthless

Anyone who cannot get into our first team should be punted in the summer, bar any players under 21. Even then, there are several starting players who I wouldn’t lose sleep over if they left,

Bangkok Hibby
07-03-2020, 07:30 PM
Bogdan.
Marciano
James
Stevenson
Hanlon
Jackson
Whittaker
Slivka
Hallberg
Horgan
Mcnulty
Fraser Murray
Omeonga

Bogdan? Really? What's your thinking there?

Nicho87
07-03-2020, 08:14 PM

He’s yet to play one minute under the current manager.

Brightside
07-03-2020, 08:16 PM

There is very little thinking in most of the threads at the minute. Had Whittiker not been sent off and we won 1-0 the board would be dead.

Nicho87
07-03-2020, 08:18 PM
There is very little thinking in most of the threads at the minute. Had Whittiker not been sent off and we won 1-0 the board would be dead.

And if we had held every winning position we’d been in we’d be near top of the league, but we ain’t

Ozyhibby
07-03-2020, 08:19 PM

If he’s can’t get in the team ahead of Marciano then why keep him?

Brightside
07-03-2020, 08:21 PM
And if we had held every winning position we’d been in we’d be near top of the league, but we ain’t

Football eh. Small margins.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2020, 08:27 AM
Should be gone in the summer.

McNulty
Gray
Marciano
Bogdan
Omeonga (I like him but Ross doesn’t so needs to go)
Stevenson
McGregor
Whittaker
Slivka
Hallberg
James

h1bs4life
08-03-2020, 09:47 AM
Hanlon, Stevenson, Gray, McGregor and James are all still under contract next season. I don’t see Hibs getting shot of any of them so it will be the same next season.

Hanlon , Stevenson and James should the 1st ones to be offered a free / told to find another club.
Recruitment team punted.
Gray and McGregor moved to coaching roles, then start building a defence from scratch

Brightside
08-03-2020, 11:17 AM
Hanlon , Stevenson and James should the 1st ones to be offered a free / told to find another club.
Recruitment team punted.
Gray and McGregor moved to coaching roles, then start building a defence from scratch

Do you even read what you post? :greengrin

h1bs4life
08-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Do you even read what you post? :greengrin

Is that the best you can come up with.

Both have been part of teams with some of the most embarrassing defeats in our recent history. Cup finals , semi-finals, European games , league games and relegations.
Neither have the mentality to be experienced players at Hibs.
Getting beat in big cup games / derbies means nothing to them as it has happened that many times.
We have lost the 2nd most goals from set pieces this season partly due to Stevenson's lack of height , Hanlons aggression.
Paul Hanlon got a 5 year contract on the back of the golden generation to fight of bids as he was the next big thing. All the years he has been here not 1 bid.
Between 2009-2012 he had 23 under 21 caps including games as captain.
Despite the different Scotland managers not a sniff of a full cap, seems its not just some Hibs fans who think he has not progressed.
Can still remember Stevenson getting subbed against Celtic after about 30 minutes at the start of his career , again no bids for him , usually gets a new contract just before latest contact ends.
Our defence has been suspect for years and they have both been a big part of it.
All the managers they have managed to get sacked over the years not 1 has came in for either when they have new jobs.
People go on about they would walk into other top flight teams , what a load of crap.
The Scottish Cup win (which they are rightly legends for) , apart what are all the good things they have been part off compared to the embarrassments they have been in.
Defence needs rebuilt from scratch ,we need younger , more athletic , aggresive defenders.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Football eh. Small margins.

Those margins very rarely end up on our side though, small or large?
Here's a thought, the better the player we have, the better the team we have.

Brightside
08-03-2020, 12:13 PM
Is that the best you can come up with.

Both have been part of teams with some of the most embarrassing defeats in our recent history. Cup finals , semi-finals, European games , league games and relegations.
Neither have the mentality to be experienced players at Hibs.
Getting beat in big cup games / derbies means nothing to them as it has happened that many times.
We have lost the 2nd most goals from set pieces this season partly due to Stevenson's lack of height , Hanlons aggression.
Paul Hanlon got a 5 year contract on the back of the golden generation to fight of bids as he was the next big thing. All the years he has been here not 1 bid.
Between 2009-2012 he had 23 under 21 caps including games as captain.
Despite the different Scotland managers not a sniff of a full cap, seems its not just some Hibs fans who think he has not progressed.
Can still remember Stevenson getting subbed against Celtic after about 30 minutes at the start of his career , again no bids for him , usually gets a new contract just before latest contact ends.
Our defence has been suspect for years and they have both been a big part of it.
All the managers they have managed to get sacked over the years not 1 has came in for either when they have new jobs.
People go on about they would walk into other top flight teams , what a load of crap.
The Scottish Cup win (which they are rightly legends for) , apart what are all the good things they have been part off compared to the embarrassments they have been in.
Defence needs rebuilt from scratch ,we need younger , more athletic , aggresive defenders.

Your post said we should free them..... and sign who? So we are going to pay off these players and have no replacements. Hence why i said do you even read your posts. I could go through each of your points but its past that now with many people on here. They simply blame Hanlon for almost every goal we let in....even when its nothing to do with him. He's done a hell of a lot more good than bad for Hibs in his career and if you think otherwise you simply no nothing about football.

Brightside
08-03-2020, 12:13 PM
Those margins very rarely end up on our side though, small or large?
Here's a thought, the better the player we have, the better the team we have.

Totally agree. Id happily replace the whole team... including Hanlon. Im just sensible enough and mature enough to know thats not going to happen.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Totally agree. Id happily replace the whole team... including Hanlon. Im just sensible enough and mature enough to know thats not going to happen.

I'd replace the lot of them too, but i too am sensible enough to know thats not happening, so if Jack Ross can just start with the defense, that would be a good start.

Mutu
08-03-2020, 12:24 PM
He really isn't, he is downright poor and so overweight.

He clearly has more than enough ability to be a top striker at SPL level. He has shown that last season. Same for Omeonga.

The defence undoubtedly needs a clear out but Hibs have plenty of quality footballers in the team. Boyle, Omeonga, Allan, Mallan, Docherty, McNulty & even Hallberg, Horgan, Slivka. These are technical players who can play. The bigger worry is why these players can't string two passes together week after week. This second half of the season we have become a long ball team playing percentage football, it's just not good enough.

Hibs backroom staff have a lot of work to do to get these players actually playing.

superfurryhibby
08-03-2020, 12:29 PM
He clearly has more than enough ability to be a top striker at SPL level. He has shown that last season. Same for Omeonga.

The defence undoubtedly needs a clear out but Hibs have plenty of quality footballers in the team. Boyle, Omeonga, Allan, Mallan, Docherty, McNulty & even Hallberg, Horgan, Slivka. These are technical players who can play. The bigger worry is why these players can't string two passes together week after week. This second half of the season we have become a long ball team playing percentage football, it's just not good enough.

Hibs backroom staff have a lot of work to do to get these players actually playing.

Don't recall the long ball being used much in the wins over Motherwell or Aberdeen? Nor in any other games under Jack, except the recent capitulation to Hearts. I do remember this being Heckingbottom's main strategy before he got sacked though.

h1bs4life
08-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Your post said we should free them..... and sign who? So we are going to pay off these players and have no replacements. Hence why i said do you even read your posts. I could go through each of your points but its past that now with many people on here. They simply blame Hanlon for almost every goal we let in....even when its nothing to do with him. He's done a hell of a lot more good than bad for Hibs in his career and if you think otherwise you simply no nothing about football.

Do you read posts I said offer them a free / tell them to find a new club . We did that with Vela . Lots of clubs do it , we have done it before, if they are that good as you seem to think we / they will be swamped with offers.
There will be loads of players available in the summer.
Why not go through my points ? I have acknowledged they are Scottish Cup legends but thats it.
Your only point for them staying is that you seem to think they would walk into most teams in the top flight.