PDA

View Full Version : Hickey

Jdawg
03-03-2020, 11:31 PM
He is everything that Stevenson is not. Looks to play forward immediately, always on the front foot. Guaranteed to leave them in the summer.

Stevenson, punt long, **** scared past the halfway line. If he goes past halfway gets a nosebleed. Runs forward then cuts inside then safety Sam pass to Hanlon.

Mixu1875
03-03-2020, 11:32 PM
He is everything that Stevenson is not. Looks to play forward immediately, always on the front foot. Guaranteed to leave them in the summer.

Stevenson, punt long, **** scared past the halfway line. If he goes past halfway gets a nosebleed. Runs forward then cuts inside then safety Sam pass to Hanlon.

Hickey is quality. Reads the game exceptionally well for someone so young. He’ll go on to have a half decent career and will, unfortunately, make that lot a wee bit of dough.

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2020, 11:33 PM
A very good player

Liam6270
03-03-2020, 11:35 PM
He played the whole game with a smile on his face, never once look flustered

Mixu1875
03-03-2020, 11:44 PM
He played the whole game with a smile on his face, never once look flustered

He stood off Boyle a couple times early on in the first half and allowed him to get the balls into the box, looked Boyle was going to tear him to shreds the whole game but the young lad seemed to learn his lesson.

Jdawg
03-03-2020, 11:52 PM
He stood off Boyle a couple times early on in the first half and allowed him to get the balls into the box, looked Boyle was going to tear him to shreds the whole game but the young lad seemed to learn his lesson.

Boyle should have been playing RW, not RWB. Might have been a different story. Ross should have changed it at halftime.

Mixu1875
03-03-2020, 11:58 PM
Boyle should have been playing RW, not RWB. Might have been a different story. Ross should have changed it at halftime.

Agreed, Ross’s inaction at HT is what led to such a **** second half.

Weegreenman
04-03-2020, 12:01 AM
He really impressed me tonight.

Jdawg
04-03-2020, 12:08 AM
Agreed, Ross’s inaction at HT is what led to such a **** second half.

Should have went same formation as Tynecastle and went for them the first 15 mins.

Baader
04-03-2020, 12:15 AM
Decent player but comparing him to Stevenson, probably in the twilight of a sterling Hibs career and almost twice Hickey's age, isn't particularly fair!

Jdawg
04-03-2020, 12:20 AM
Decent player but comparing him to Stevenson, probably in the twilight of a sterling Hibs career and almost twice Hickey's age, isn't particularly fair!

Compare him to any part of Stevenson’s career. Hickey is a good footballer, Lewis isn’t. One plays on the front foot, one checks inside.

Baader
04-03-2020, 12:22 AM
Compare him to any part of Stevenson’s career. Hickey is a good footballer, Lewis isn’t. One plays on the front foot, one checks inside.

You do Stevenson an injustice. How many other bad footballers have made so many appearances for Hibs and have won two of three available honours? Name one.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:24 AM
I wonder how he has played vs all the other teams in league? Anyone? Anyone got a signed picture yet?

Glory Lurker
04-03-2020, 12:27 AM
I genuinely don't think he's that special. I don't think that's down to green-tinted specs. There's been plenty Hearts players over the years that I'd have had at ER in a heartbeat. He's not registering that way.

Jdawg
04-03-2020, 12:30 AM
You do Stevenson an injustice. How many other bad footballers have made so many appearances for Hibs and have won two of three available honours? Name one. if he was a good player like Brown, Fletcher, Whitts, McGinn, etc. he would have been snapped up a long time ago. Playing for a hibs team that has been mediocre for a long time isn’t a great advert.

He has given 100% effort and I appreciate that but look through the green tinted specs please.

Baader
04-03-2020, 12:36 AM
Sorry but you're at it and I'm not taking you seriously. You refer to him as a '*****bag' in another thread. That is probably the one thing you can't level at him. If you appreciate his effort maybe you should afford him a little respect.

Seen many a Hibs great play in mediocre teams sadly.

1875godsgift
04-03-2020, 12:55 AM
if he was a good player like Brown, Fletcher, Whitts, McGinn, etc. he would have been snapped up a long time ago. Playing for a hibs team that has been mediocre for a long time isn’t a great advert.

He has given 100% effort and I appreciate that but look through the green tinted specs please.

He's won two cups playing in a 'mediocre' Hibs team.

And as for being 'snapped up', maybe all he wants to do is play for Hibs? I would say that was a fantastic advert for him and the club.

lyonhibs
04-03-2020, 04:29 AM
Looks like a barely concealed attempt to frame another "let's all have a pop at Stevenson" thread.

Hickey is quality and if he manages his career well and makes good choices, he'll play at a higher level than LS did or does. Equally, in 5 years he could be playing for Partick Thistle (remember Calum Booth?)

Viva_Palmeiras
04-03-2020, 04:50 AM
Putting the boot in to Stevenson (on a thread about another player) says more about the poster than it does about the poster than it does Lewis.

Curried
04-03-2020, 05:22 AM
Seems to cover just about every blade of grass on the pitch.....great wee player.

Since452
04-03-2020, 05:23 AM
Impressed

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 05:48 AM
I genuinely don't think he's that special. I don't think that's down to green-tinted specs. There's been plenty Hearts players over the years that I'd have had at ER in a heartbeat. He's not registering that way.

Agree hugely overrated imo. Physically strong but limited technically. Thought Boyle did well against him but didn't get enough of the ball or support.

Dmas
04-03-2020, 05:55 AM
Agree hugely overrated imo. Physically strong but limited technically. Thought Boyle did well against him but didn't get enough of the ball or support.

My thoughts exactly Boyle had him on toast and we failed to use it, he’s decent on the ball but he’s no defender

Brooster
04-03-2020, 05:57 AM
It's easy to look good when nobody lays a glove on you.

Stokesy's on fire
04-03-2020, 06:02 AM
It's easy to look good when nobody lays a glove on you.

Correct Hickey is rotten yet looked ok last night thanks to us.

allmodcons
04-03-2020, 06:09 AM

Grow up. Hickey has proved nothing yet. Decent prospect but nothing special. Lewis has been nothing short of a great servant for our club.

green day
04-03-2020, 06:21 AM
I said after we beat Hearts at Tynie on Boxing Day that Hickey was excellent for them - and some people said he was poor.

I think he demonstrated last night what a good player he is, certainly going forward.

He struggled against Boyles pace though who got past him 3 or 4 times in the first half, still has some work on his defending to do.

sean04
04-03-2020, 06:24 AM
Impressive for a 17 year old but we didn’t expose him. Boyle would rip him up if we were able to get them 1 on 1

wookie70
04-03-2020, 07:03 AM
He was a big part of our last Derby win and in the first 10 or 15 minutes never got withing a couple of yards of Boyle even with a mate to help him out. Looks good on the ball when going forward but not a good defender.

JammyDoidger
04-03-2020, 07:12 AM
He Absoloutely bullied our forward line tonight aswell, time he was hassling and harrying doidge and managed to win the ball, was over at right back seeing the ball out for goal kicks a couple of times in the first half which wound me up something awful as omeonga and docherty just watched him do it. So angry with our players this morning. Going to take some time to get over this one. A defeat at hampden will all but finish me I think.

-Jonesy-
04-03-2020, 07:18 AM
Played a handful of games in his career and been ripped to shreds by good wingers in a more than few, still a teenager. Played fairly well against us twice and scored a deflected winner in a derby.

OP get yourself to ****.