PDA

View Full Version : Simple reason why we always seem to bottle it against Hearts

DavidDavidGray
03-03-2020, 11:41 PM
Hibs do not understand the importance of a derby and hearts do. I’m sick of seeing Hibs have a better team than Hearts and yet whenever a derby rolls along, Hearts approach it with more effort and care more. Nobody on that pitch aside from Boyle and maybe Docherty cared tonight, and it was pathetic. Has happened all too often, wish we’d take the derbies as seriously as a club as Hearts do. Half their league wins have come at Easter Road this season and it could very well be down to those 2 results that they manage to survive the drop. Completely embarrassing.

Hillsidehibby
03-03-2020, 11:50 PM
You wish we would take the derbies as serious as Hearts do? Have you never noticed how much we celebrate when we do manage to get a win against them?

Hearts sign players who are up for a scrap. We don't.

DavidDavidGray
03-03-2020, 11:53 PM
You wish we would take the derbies as serious as Hearts do? Have you never noticed how much we celebrate when we do manage to get a win against them?

Hearts sign players who are up for a scrap. We don't.

That last sentence is spot on. Can celebrate the few wins we get as much as we want but the derbies do not seem to mean as much as the players rarely seem to match their effort or desire. Hearts played today like they would do whatever it took to win that game meanwhile we were strolling around doing nothing. Was hopeless.

Captain Trips
03-03-2020, 11:56 PM
Hibs do not understand the importance of a derby and hearts do. I’m sick of seeing Hibs have a better team than Hearts and yet whenever a derby rolls along, Hearts approach it with more effort and care more. Nobody on that pitch aside from Boyle and maybe Docherty cared tonight, and it was pathetic. Has happened all too often, wish we’d take the derbies as seriously as a club as Hearts do. Half their league wins have come at Easter Road this season and it could very well be down to those 2 results that they manage to survive the drop. Completely embarrassing.

So how did we win at Tynecastle? We were pish tonight in all areas had nothing to do with opposition. Any team would have gubbed us tonight. Hearts are a poor side and we allowed a poor side to look semi decent.

I have seen us turn in those performances against lots of teams.

DavidDavidGray
03-03-2020, 11:59 PM
So how did we win at Tynecastle? We were pish tonight in all areas had nothing to do with opposition. Any team would have gubbed us tonight. Hearts are a poor side and we allowed a poor side to look semi decent.

I have seen us turn in those performances against lots of teams.

We got away with it at Tynecastle. Barely got out of our half second half of that game. The second John McGinn left we seem to have lost that mentality around derbies where we actually believed we could go and boss the derbies, sick of watching them celebrate at Easter Road.

madhatter
04-03-2020, 12:02 AM

We don't have a better team than Hearts.

Unseen work
04-03-2020, 12:02 AM
I keep seeing we have better players than them, they’ve had a horrible season where they’ve been very poor. They’ve good players who are massively underachieving.

Washington
Boyce
Halkett
Diakomona
Naismith
Smith
Hickey

They’re all decent player. Would all start or be competing for a starting place in our squad.

DavidDavidGray
04-03-2020, 12:04 AM
We don't have a better team than Hearts.

Team 5 points off of 3rd aren’t better than a team who are just above bottom of the league. Sound one.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:04 AM
We got away with it at Tynecastle. Barely got out of our half second half of that game. The second John McGinn left we seem to have lost that mentality around derbies where we actually believed we could go and boss the derbies, sick of watching them celebrate at Easter Road.

They got away with it tonight then if we got away with it at Tynecastle. We were guff and easy pickings. Not buying into this up for Derbies pish with foreign managers and lots of players no tie to Hearts. Hearts manage to sign players who are up for Derbies and managers who are up for them too. We sign folk not up for them?

Hearts just needed to do basics due to how poor we were.

HibeeHibernian4
04-03-2020, 12:05 AM

To be fair McGinn didn’t win a single derby at Tynecastle in his time with us. The derby’s shifted and it’s gone from home wins/draws to almost exclusively away wins in the past couple of years.

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 12:11 AM
Team 5 points off of 3rd aren’t better than a team who are just above bottom of the league. Sound one.

For one reason or the other they’ve been utterly rank rotten however they’re massively underachieving with the squad they have. Man for man, we’re about level in quality with the exception of keepers, theirs are all pish.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:15 AM
Hibs don't understand the importance of a Derby and Hearts do? So let's say last 20yrs, Hearts manage to build several squads change lots of mangers all who understand the importance of a derby.

In that same period we build loads of different squads change lots of managers all of which don't understand the importance of a Derby.

That's extremely unlucky then on our part.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:18 AM
For one reason or the other they’ve been utterly rank rotten however they’re massively underachieving with the squad they have. Man for man, we’re about level in quality with the exception of keepers, theirs are all pish.

What about Hamilton or St Mirren they equal to us too?

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 12:20 AM
What about Hamilton or St Mirren they equal to us too?

Their squads, man for man, is of poorer quality than our and Hearts. As a team Hearts haven’t been able to do it, and looking likely due to that dinosaur, however man for man I don’t think their squad is any worse than ours.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:23 AM
Their squads, man for man, is of poorer quality than our and Hearts. As a team Hearts haven’t been able to do it, and looking likely due to that dinosaur, however man for man I don’t think their squad is any worse than ours.

I think a lot of them are dross tbh.

Stuart93
04-03-2020, 12:24 AM
I think a lot of them are dross tbh.

Hearts have a better squad than ours imo in terms of choice

They’ve been horribly under performing

madhatter
04-03-2020, 12:27 AM

League position isn't always a measure of a team, especially in the Scottish Premiership outside of Celtic and Rangers. Using your logic, our team is roughly on par with Livingston, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone then and lagging a little bit behind Aberdeen and Motherwell (all of whom have game[s] in hand). I think our league position is roughly what we merit and will be approximately where we finish. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see otherwise. Midfield options of Mallan (when fit), Docherty, Omeonga, Whittaker, Slivka, Allan and Hallberg should show the quality of our squad - weak, short, unable to tackle or slow (take your pick from these). How we didn't add height and physicality to our midfield I will never understand. Spine of team is weak and balance on wings is non-existent.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:30 AM
Hearts have a better squad than ours imo

They’ve been horribly under performing

So they are not pish just "under performing",

So a squad of underperforming players is better than ours? What if we are underperforming as well?

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:34 AM
For a minute there I tjought I had logged into Jambos Kickback.

Jdawg
04-03-2020, 12:38 AM

Docherty was *****, got caught on the ball several times. Been great so far but he was poor tonight

Stuart93
04-03-2020, 12:38 AM
So they are not pish just "under performing",

So a squad of underperforming players is better than ours? What if we are underperforming as well?

Yep that’s genuinely what I think. Their squad is a lot better than their league position suggests.

I think their squad as a whole gives them more options than ours does.

We aren’t underperforming I’d say our league position probably reflects how good we are

Stuart93
04-03-2020, 12:40 AM
For a minute there I tjought I had logged into Jambos Kickback.

No you didn’t

You’re just not happy there’s a lot of hibs fans telling it as it is and not burying their heads in the sand.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:40 AM
How about we had several players play ***** tonight and it had FA to do with them having better players or being more up for derbies?

Just like when we lose other matches.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:41 AM
No you didn’t

You’re just not happy there’s a lot of hibs fans telling it as it is and not burying their heads in the sand.

Not happy? You telling me "how it is" is only your opinion doesn't make "how it is".

Hearts are piss poor and we made it easy for them that IMO is "how it is"

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 12:42 AM
No you didn’t

Too many people see football through tinted specs, be it our own fans or fans of other teams. People find it hard to view things objectively, we always like to believe we’re better than Hearts and while there’s absolutely no doubting we’ve performed better overall this season, there isn’t this massive gulf in quality that people think there is.

Stuart93
04-03-2020, 12:45 AM
Too many people see football through tinted specs, be it our own fans or fans of other teams. People find it hard to view things objectively, we always like to believe we’re better than Hearts and while there’s absolutely no doubting we’ve performed better overall this season, there isn’t this massive gulf in quality that people think there is.

Nut, you don’t know what you’re talking about

Hearts are pish end of

Am I doing it right?

pollution
04-03-2020, 12:45 AM
Yep that’s genuinely what I think. Their squad is a lot better than their league position suggests.

We aren’t underperforming I’d say our league position probably reflects how good we are

What happened to our five goalscorers from Friday? Jekyll and Hyde team.

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 12:46 AM
Nut, you don’t know what you’re talking about

Hearts are pish end of

Am I doing it right?

You forgot to call me a Jambo for even attempting to see things objectively, 6/10 😂

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 12:48 AM

But Hearts league position doesn't? Apart from Hearts are there any other teams underperforming who should be in different league position than they are?

I would suggest maybe a bit crazy but perhaps if for almost 3/4 of the season that players have largely underperformed would tell me that is actually how they play and that is there performance.

When does underperforming stop and the realisation it isn't underperforming its they are just pish?

SingaporeHibs
04-03-2020, 12:57 AM
It’s nothing to do with bottle or understanding the importance of a derby (although they clearly do). This Hibs team can not cope with being pressed quickly all over the park. Rangers been doing it to us all season, Livi did it in the last game and the Jambos did it last night. The players can’t cope. last night the standard drops to the lowest level and this bunch don’t have the guts or skill set for it.

DH1875
04-03-2020, 01:00 AM
I keep seeing we have better players than them, they’ve had a horrible season where they’ve been very poor. They’ve good players who are massively underachieving.

Washington
Boyce
Halkett
Diakomona
Naismith
Smith
Hickey

They’re all decent player. Would all start or be competing for a starting place in our squad.

They should send a DVD to every club in the world of Dickomona tonight. We made him look like Maldini FFS. They'll get millions.

RossScott1991
04-03-2020, 01:00 AM
Going to bed raging tonight, probaly the angriest I’ve been at Hibs for some time. Horrible feeling losing to Hearts, but that’s football. However that was the worst derby performance since 2012. We looked soo disjointed, like a team of strangers and loanees as it was back then.

losing the semi final, the thought seems unbearable. But then again you take step back remember 4.0 and 5.1 and feel stronger for it.

i thank my lucky stars I was lucky enough to see 21/05/2016, many hibbys before me never had the luxury.

Then once I calm down , I will be there at hampden next month putting myself through it all again. Do us football fans (particularly hibs) actually enjoy pain?

givescotlandfreedom
04-03-2020, 02:27 AM
Annoys me like hell because it'll ruin my week. Hope the side turns up for the first time in ages at Pittodrie...

Frazerbob
04-03-2020, 03:15 AM
We always bottle it? Since that cup final, we’ve both won the same number of games.

coldingham hibs
04-03-2020, 04:19 AM
Agree in some respect with the OP, Hearts and their fans expect to win the derbies and more often than not do, Hibs and their fans hope to win the derbies and mostly don’t. It’s a mindset right through the club and I include myself in that. Doesn’t hide the fact that Allan & McNulty are a waste of a jersey.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 07:08 AM

It was embarrassing but that doesn’t mean we aren’t treating the derby seriously.

MikeyS
04-03-2020, 07:21 AM
It was embarrassing but that doesn’t mean we aren’t treating the derby seriously.

I agree, I havent ever seen anyone not take the derby seriously but what does annoy me is that we instantly shift our style to lumps up the park when faced with maroon jerseys!

Bristolhibby
04-03-2020, 07:23 AM
Annoys me like hell because it'll ruin my week. Hope the side turns up for the first time in ages at Pittodrie...

I know. What a place for Hibs to redeem ourselves.

I literally can’t remember the last time we won up there.

Stick on Home win.

J

Ronniekirk
04-03-2020, 07:29 AM
I know. What a place for Hibs to redeem ourselves.

I literally can’t remember the last time we won up there.

Stick on Home win.

J

We should of won the last time we were their , Doidge missed several chances
And we demolished them 3 0 at home
So we have nothing to fear except ourselves
Can we really produce another performance like last night Surrey not
But confidence will be low Big Test for the Manager and players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave spart
04-03-2020, 07:50 AM
Not happy? You telling me "how it is" is only your opinion doesn't make "how it is".

Hearts are piss poor and we made it easy for them that IMO is "how it is"
Hearts spend far more on wage budget than we do. Yet their players are piss. Can’t have it both ways.

BoomtownHibees
04-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Hearts spend far more on wage budget than we do. Yet their players are piss. Can’t have it both ways.

So you can’t spend good money on ***** players? What a strange logic

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 09:03 AM

How cant I have it both ways? A team spending more in wages doesnt then automatically make them better than teams spending less. The league position suggests if they have spent more on wages then they have overspent. Quite simple really.