PDA

View Full Version : That was coming

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:03 PM
As it says

We’ve all supported hibs long enough now to know that’s exactly how the script plays out

Don’t feel anger after that just acceptance. This is the way it’s always been and probably will always be

ABZHFC
03-03-2020, 10:05 PM
As it says

We’ve all supported hibs long enough now to know that’s exactly how the script plays out

Don’t feel anger after that just acceptance. This is the way it’s always been and probably will always be

Hard to disagree. But why did we treat them like they were a much better side than us from the first whistle? Why did we not try some of the great football we played on Friday night? Why couldn't any of our midfield make a simple pass or track their man?

mcohibs
As it says

Nah get that to ****

stuart-farquhar
As it says

I hope your meek acceptance of defeat doesn't affect your peraonal life. Cos if it does.......

adhibs
03-03-2020, 10:07 PM
It wasn't coming at all. Brutal night and a lot of things need rectified, however, give it a rest with that embarrassing mentality.

Sammy7nil
03-03-2020, 10:07 PM
I know how you feel but your post helps the cycle continue.

Hearts are bang average and been **** for two years their fans came in to this game saying we will beat the wee Hobos and they did. Hibs as club ,fans and players have no belief or swagger even when we should.

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:08 PM
It wasn't coming at all. Brutal night and a lot of things need rectified, however, give it a rest with that embarrassing mentality.

Hearts in need of points and come to easter road whilst there’s talk of us going for Europe?

It was definitely coming. It plays out that way all too often

madhatter
03-03-2020, 10:08 PM
As it says

Agree about the script side of it, I felt this was coming.

However, I feel anger and certainly don’t want to feel acceptance. I think too many of our players were on the acceptance side of the spectrum though. I want to see players screaming at each other at 0-1 but nothing happened.

BlackSheep
03-03-2020, 10:09 PM
Best revenge would be to beat them in the semi. Let’s hope Jack Ross spends some time thinking about how to out think Stendel!

They always raise their game against us and the ugly sisters. Hopefully we can bask in them losing to Hamilton and St Mirren and the rest of the bottom six....

HibeeHibernian4
03-03-2020, 10:10 PM
The second Hibs fans on here start proclaiming 5-0 thrashings (theyll now defend it by going “it doesny change the outcome of the game!) we were asking for a defeat tonight.

adhibs
03-03-2020, 10:11 PM
Hearts in need of points and come to easter road whilst there’s talk of us going for Europe?

It was definitely coming. It plays out that way all too often

Nah, never saw it. We never turned up and never performed, but it wasn't coming. You've got a pathetic defeatist mindset.

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:12 PM
Agree about the script side of it, I felt this was coming.

However, I feel anger and certainly don’t want to feel acceptance. I think too many of our players were on the acceptance side of the spectrum though. I want to see players screaming at each other at 0-1 but nothing happened.

Acceptance was potentially the wrong word to use maybe deflated would’ve been a better word to describe how I felt after that

Brooster
03-03-2020, 10:12 PM
We are soft a zhit, not one player stood up to be counted. If you dont win your battles you dont win the war. Soft touches the lot of them.

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:13 PM
Nah, never saw it. We never turned up and never performed, but it wasn't coming. You've got a pathetic defeatist mindset.

If I’ve got a pathetic defeatist mindset what do the players and the club have? Because hearts wiped the floor with us tonight.

If you’ve supported hibs for long enough a defeat like that is in the script. Hearts struggling, we’re doing quite well, it only ever goes one way.

Pagan Hibernia
03-03-2020, 10:14 PM
I know how you feel but your post helps the cycle continue.

Hearts are bang average and been **** for two years their fans came in to this game saying we will beat the wee Hobos and they did. Hibs as club ,fans and players have no belief or swagger even when we should.

a great number of us did have that belief and confidence before tonight.

its the players who didn’t

Hermit Crab
03-03-2020, 10:14 PM
We are soft a zhit, not one player stood up to be counted. If you dont win your battles you dont win the war. Soft touches the lot of them.

Lots of thinking for JR to do before Saturday, especially in defence.

Islington Hibs
03-03-2020, 10:15 PM
I am disappointed but not surprised. Hearts league position is false- they have lost very few games recently and have clearly turned the corner.

The over optimism on Hibs net before the game was typical and also rather foolish. Victory is achieved not by bragging before the event but hard graft, taking nothing for granted and total focus. I have no view of whether the players or Ross fell into that trap but our support regularly does. .Hibs fans are either on cloud nine or want to sack the manager. Neither approach is any good. Success comes from inner belief not bluster.

Captain Trips
03-03-2020, 10:15 PM
No it wasn't coming, Hearts are bottom of league (before KO) we were playing not bad.

They tonight were nothing special Hibs were abysmal. Disgraceful to get humped off that pish

pollution
03-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Best revenge would be to beat them in the semi. Let’s hope Jack Ross spends some time thinking about how to out think Stendel!

They always raise their game against us and the ugly sisters. Hopefully we can bask in them losing to Hamilton and St Mirren and the rest of the bottom six....

We were out thought and weak. I had to watch that in a pub full of jambos who apart from being ecstatic couldn't believe how limp Hibs were.

Stuart93
No it wasn't coming, Hearts are bottom of league (before KO) we were playing not bad.

They tonight were nothing special Hibs were abysmal. Disgraceful to get humped off that pish

Your first sentence describes perfectly why it was coming. That’s the way it always goes. As someone’s said we’re soft as **** and our derby record as a whole speaks for itself.

I watched hearts tonight and it’s exactly the way I want to see hibs play. Hunt in numbers to win the ball back. Press all over the pitch and attack in numbers with pace & purpose. They were better than us in every single department tonight

Viva_Palmeiras
Hibstory lessons...

Sammy7nil
03-03-2020, 10:21 PM
a great number of us did have that belief and confidence before tonight.

its the players who didn’t

How did you feel at 0-1 the team fans everyone gave up.

Captain Trips
03-03-2020, 10:22 PM
Your first sentence describes perfectly why it was coming. That’s the way it always goes. As someone’s said we’re soft as **** and our derby record as a whole speaks for itself.

I watched hearts tonight and it’s exactly the way I want to see hibs play. Hunt in numbers to win the ball back. Press all over and the pitch and attack in numbers with pace & purpose. They were better than us in every single department tonight

No my first sentence describes the team who are bottom of table and not very good. It is not the way it always goes. Nip and tuck lots of seasons between us both. This term 2 or 3 wins in league so totally different situation.

That was not coming and it never should have.

Pagan Hibernia
03-03-2020, 10:27 PM
How did you feel at 0-1 the team fans everyone gave up.

oh come on it’s not the fans fault. The dedication and support of Hibs fans is remarkable given what this club has put us through over the years. Maybe it’s time for the team to grow some balls and match that commitment

Sammy7nil
03-03-2020, 10:31 PM
oh come on it’s not the fans fault. The dedication and support of Hibs fans is remarkable given what this club has put us through over the years. Maybe it’s time for the team to grow some balls and match that commitment

Certainly not blaming the fans i am just stating facts the players, fans the club as a whole just don't believe we will win against them. Over decades we have had far too many performances like that and it has just made the fans jaded.

CorrieHibs
03-03-2020, 10:34 PM

No chance they’ll get relegated or even a play off.

madhatter
03-03-2020, 10:38 PM
Certainly not blaming the fans i am just stating facts the players, fans the club as a whole just don't believe we will win against them. Over decades we have had far too many performances like that and it has just made the fans jaded.

See that's where being a fan is different though. I was fairly confident in the lead up to tonight but know the weaknesses in our team and the track record we have. It plays on your mind a little. See if I was playing though, I'd be aggressive and fighting to make sure we won, I would have been winding them up to get in to their heads. I would be snapping into tackles and bashing into them to make them know they are in a game. Our players didn't do that, we, as fans, had to watch from the stands as we started the game soft as anything which progressively got worse. Players being soft don't transform into lions with some encouragement from the stands - unfortunately they are just soft.

GreenCastle
03-03-2020, 10:39 PM
Well this season has been massively inconsistent.

We are midtable for a reason.

We had a central midfield of 2 loan players - yes on their day can be good but do they really get what a Derby means to us ? Omeonga maybe..

We have a keeper who can’t play out under pressure. Good shot stopper at times but rarely takes crosses..every set piece we are vulnerable.

A back line which has leaked goals all season - including 2 to ICT !!!

Boyle is our best player but it’s so predictable- we have no left sided Boyle type - even Newell isn’t that player.

Horgan file alongside Slivka - hit or miss

McNulty actually has got worse and only 3 strikers means places are safe.

Lack of leaders - McGregor and Gray injured means a soft core.

Far from ideal...

ehf
03-03-2020, 10:54 PM

That's the nub of it; credit to Hearts for their game-plan and intensity but our players sh@t it. There's a reason why the likes of McNulty and Docherty are perpetual loan players and even Doidge was getting bullied by a skinny teenager (Hickey).