PDA

View Full Version : Boyle up top

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 10:01 PM
With Vegan Nish.

He’s been poor on the flanks since the defenders have learned to double up on him.

Nicho87
03-03-2020, 10:07 PM
Always liked look of him through middle under lenny. Makes us bit different to play against. More use than McNulty. But will prob rightfully give gullan a chance.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 10:09 PM
With Vegan Nish.

He’s been poor on the flanks since the defenders have learned to double up on him.

He is a good option up front, despite some who say he can't play there.

Jdawg
04-03-2020, 12:23 AM
With Vegan Nish.

If he played 20 yards forward tonight. Not a wingback!!!!!!

chippy
04-03-2020, 05:53 AM
If he played 20 yards forward tonight. Not a wingback!!!!!!

Yep Boyle up top. No way he’s a wing back against Hearts.. in a 4 man midfield alliows us another midfielder say Hallberg or Whitty. Try against sheep
McGinn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Hallberg Doc Omeonga Murray
Boyle Doidge
On a 352
McGinn Jackson Stevenson
Murray Hallberg Doc Omeonga Newell
Doidge. Boyle

I know but for me Scotty starts on bench alongside Horgan. and McNulty. We need a midfield to help our terrible defence until we can replace I’m summer

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 06:01 AM
Please no. I want to win games. Starting with 10 men isn't the best way to do that.

He is a winger. The issue is no support from the right fullback and no other threats in the team. Solve that, don't waste the only threat we've got.

sean04
04-03-2020, 06:04 AM
I like him wide making that run thru the middle. He was brilliant at it against Aberdeen at home

neil7908
04-03-2020, 06:05 AM
Please no. I want to win games. Starting with 10 men isn't the best way to do that.

He is a winger. The issue is no support from the right fullback and no other threats in the team. Solve that, don't waste the only threat we've got.

Agreed. He's done decent up top but if he goes up from we'll have literally no attacking threat or pace down the wings.

Our problem against Livi and last night was that it was all on Boyle - there was almost no point trying to play down the left side of the pitch with Lewis at wing back and they realised this very quickly.

hibbysam
04-03-2020, 06:07 AM

This. Issue last night was they gave him space for 10 minutes and he ran riot. They then doubled, sometimes trebled up on him, because we had no threat out the other side, and our midfield struggled. We should’ve changed to 4-2-3-1 at half time, allowing for Boyle and Horgan/Gullan to play wide and have support from the full backs. The ball he put across early on was exceptional and unfortunately it’s one of the only times I’ve ever seen Doidge not gamble in the box.

sean04
04-03-2020, 06:14 AM
This. Issue last night was they gave him space for 10 minutes and he ran riot. They then doubled, sometimes trebled up on him, because we had no threat out the other side, and our midfield struggled. We should’ve changed to 4-2-3-1 at half time, allowing for Boyle and Horgan/Gullan to play wide and have support from the full backs. The ball he put across early on was exceptional and unfortunately it’s one of the only times I’ve ever seen Doidge not gamble in the box.

It’s easy to double team Boyle when our left hand side is non existent. Would have been a lot more space if Newell had been playing.

LaMotta
04-03-2020, 06:20 AM
We won the last derby with Boyle up top and he scored 2 goals in the process. He can def play there.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 06:21 AM
We won the last derby with Boyle up top and he scored 2 goals in the process. He can def play there.

Very poor sample size. He's had quite a few more bad games than good up top.

chippy
04-03-2020, 06:22 AM
See to remember he scored 2 against them at Tiny from up top. If he’s up top he’s got their back 4 worried re offside/ onside and balls over top or threaded through. He can also drift wide when it’s on. We ate not expecting him to protect the right back on a back 4 or a RCB in a back 3. I’m not saying do this all the time I’m saying do this for the Dons and semi. They will have 2 banks of 4 I think, maybe 5 in midfield

LaMotta
04-03-2020, 06:31 AM
Very poor sample size. He's had quite a few more bad games than good up top.

Nope, completely disagree.

hibbysam
04-03-2020, 06:37 AM
See to remember he scored 2 against them at Tiny from up top. If he’s up top he’s got their back 4 worried re offside/ onside and balls over top or threaded through. He can also drift wide when it’s on. We ate not expecting him to protect the right back on a back 4 or a RCB in a back 3. I’m not saying do this all the time I’m saying do this for the Dons and semi. They will have 2 banks of 4 I think, maybe 5 in midfield

He would’ve scored 2 last night if it was Berra at left centre half also. 2/3 times he was sent in behind Dikamona and the big guy done extremely well and wasn’t much of a slouch.

DH1875
04-03-2020, 07:51 AM
I thought all week he'd play through the middle. Shows what I know.