PDA

View Full Version : The boy band has reformed

ShadesLongThrow
03-03-2020, 09:43 PM
It feels like we have the boy band back at ER. Some lovely players when other teams stand off us and let us play with the ball but come up against a team that look fitter, better drilled and in our faces, we crumble. We are so lightweight and easy to bully, it’s embarrassing.

roo62
03-03-2020, 09:45 PM
It feels like we have the boy band back at ER. Some lovely players when other teams stand off us and let us play with the ball but come up against a team that look fitter, better drilled and in our faces, we crumble. We are so lightweight and easy to bully, it’s embarrassing.
Totally agree.
Take That... we certainly did
Maroon 5...it could have been 😀

ABZHFC
03-03-2020, 09:47 PM

I agree with some of this, but I think it's also a quality thing. Caley came to Easter Road on Friday and pressed us, kicked us, get right in our faces, it was by no means easy but we had the talent to take them apart. We just don't have the talent to take Hearts apart when they do similar. The truth is, their league position is not befitting of their squad, they are a team of average-to-good players who have spent the past calendar year playing awfully, but that was never going to last forever, it was eventually going to click for them.

I think we were bullied, but I think the more depressing truth is that tonight we were outclassed as well

Craig_in_Prague
03-03-2020, 09:48 PM
The boy band teams had class, goals, ability.
We have almost none now, Boyle aside, we're rank.

Play Gullan over McNulty, Murray instead of whomever, Whole new defence, Horgan never ever, and well, build and play a side that can play football with confidence and swagger.

For me anyway, I'd take that, instead of the tripe we have had for many years.

Weegreenman
03-03-2020, 09:48 PM

The boy band never really left. I’ve been watching some of those same players bottle it for what seems like years...,..Hanlon and Stevenson absolutely dreadful.

Nicho87
03-03-2020, 09:51 PM
Gullan should be given an extended run in front of mcnulty. Don’t see enough of him personally now to warrant starts. The boy was in the papers last week saying he has unfinished business with coventry. We have just took him on loan for a second time, he is giving interviews pretty much saying aye come and get me. Would cut him loose now. Want players here permanently for the years ahead who want to be here.

Smartie
03-03-2020, 09:54 PM
Gullan should be given an extended run in front of mcnulty. Don’t see enough of him personally now to warrant starts. The boy was in the papers last week saying he has unfinished business with coventry. We have just took him on loan for a second time, he is giving interviews pretty much saying aye come and get me. Would cut him loose now. Want players here permanently for the years ahead who want to be here.

I wasn’t impressed with the tone of the interview - especially considering we’re presumably paying top whack for an overweight player to put in very average performances.

Jim44
03-03-2020, 10:11 PM

I wasn’t impressed with the tone of the interview - especially considering we’re presumably paying top whack for an overweight player to put in very average performances.

I’ve always wanted to give McNulty the benefit of the doubt but his shocking stamp tonight and his Coventry comments have totally turned me against him. I doubt if Ross would even consider him for next season.