PDA

View Full Version : Nhc - Billy Gilmour

Callum_62
03-03-2020, 09:28 PM
Just got MoM against a strong Liverpool side.

Shearer etc raving about him

Looks a very very good player to be fair. Can't be long before he's capped surely

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

WoreTheGreen
03-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Who really Cares

IWasThere2016
He is exceptional.

Callum_62
Who really CaresWell you cared enough to open the thread, read it and respond.

One Day
03-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Well you cared enough to open the thread, read it and respond.

On a night we've just been ****ged off the park by a sh*t Hearts team, Billy Gilmour had a good game. Yippee

WoreTheGreen
03-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Only bothered about that excuse for a performance tonight not f—— Chelsea

Callum_62
03-03-2020, 09:36 PM
On a night we've just been ****ged off the park by a sh*t Hearts team, Billy Gilmour had a good game. YippeeDon't open the clearly marked NHC thread then

Pretty simple really.

One Day
03-03-2020, 09:37 PM
Don't open the clearly marked NHC thread then

Pretty simple really.

Don't post shi*e on a night like this

Callum_62
03-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Don't post shi*e on a night like thisIronic.

One Day
03-03-2020, 09:44 PM
Ironic.

Explain the irony

lyonhibs
03-03-2020, 09:48 PM
Explain the irony

The irony is you're posting ***** on a thread clearly marked NHC.

Seems he had a great game, a real talent I guess. Hopefully he's not got an Irish granny :greengrin

One Day
03-03-2020, 09:51 PM

Seems he had a great game, a real talent I guess. Hopefully he's not got an Irish granny :greengrin

I'll accept that :greengrin

Callum_62
03-03-2020, 09:51 PM

Seems he had a great game, a real talent I guess. Hopefully he's not got an Irish granny :greengrinExplained.

Just caught the after match reaction and everyone was raving about him

Looks so composed on the ball for a 18 year old kid

Wasn't there a rumour on here we were trying to get him on loan on January?! [emoji23]

Pretty Boy
03-03-2020, 10:07 PM
McTominay
McGinn
Armstrong
Mcgregor
Gilmour
Fraser
Christie
Jack
McLean

That's a decent pool of midfielders to choose from in the next few years.

hfc rd
03-03-2020, 10:09 PM
McTominay
McGinn
Armstrong
Mcgregor
Gilmour
Fraser
Christie
Jack
McLean

True but a pity our options at the back and in attack are pretty average-poor.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 10:09 PM
Delighted for the laddie. I hope he becomes a £100m player. The huns lost him for sod all. The only thing that’s cheered me up tonight. M

calumhibee1
03-03-2020, 10:18 PM
Get him in the Scotland team.

Coco Bryce
04-03-2020, 10:09 PM
Best mates with Harry Cochrane. Whatever happened to the wonder kid?

Bishop Hibee
04-03-2020, 10:19 PM
I saw him for Scotland U21 v Lithuania at Tiny. He was average. Middleton got MoM. I’m sure he’s going to play for the full team but he’s not got enough first team experience to be in the squad yet in my opinion.

California-Hibs
05-03-2020, 01:52 AM
Who really Cares

Because it's a positive for Scotland and a genuine exciting prospect? Goes against the narrative of the national team, which makes folk like yourself uncomfortable. Again, why choose to comment if you 'dont care'....🤷*♂️

theonlywayisup
05-03-2020, 06:27 AM
McTominay
McGinn
Armstrong
Mcgregor
Gilmour
Fraser
Christie
Jack
McLean

Yeah, pretty good.

PB, do you mind deleting the "who cares" responses and the responses that those generated? Let's keep this thread on topic.

Since452
05-03-2020, 06:45 AM
Had never heard of him until this thread. Can't be a bad thing for Scotland if he's doing well in a foreign league

theonlywayisup
08-03-2020, 04:55 PM
First Premier League start and was Man of the Match in Chelsea's 4-0 win against Everton.

Sounds like a very player already at a young age (he's aged 18).

Sgt. Hartman
08-03-2020, 05:02 PM
The kid is an absolute baller! Wouldn’t look out of place playing for any super club across Europe

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 05:04 PM
The ridiculous overhyping has started.

Sgt. Hartman
08-03-2020, 05:14 PM

Care to explain the ridiculous overhyping? the boy has started the last 2 games and has been awarded motm in both games. Clearly head and shoulders above any other player on the park on both occasions!

personally I find it exciting seeing a young Scottish boy playing at the top flight, god knows we will need more of the same to improve our national team in coming years...

supermcginn
08-03-2020, 05:16 PM

Only Stevie wonder wouldn't be able to see he's going to be top class. Great to see a young Scottish player playing the right way.

emerald green
08-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Gilmour became the first Scottish outfield player to start a Premier League match for Chelsea since Steve Clarke in May 1998 - more than three years before Gilmour was born.

Source - BBC sport.

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Care to explain the ridiculous overhyping? the boy has started the last 2 games and has been awarded motm in both games. Clearly head and shoulders above any other player on the park on both occasions!

personally I find it exciting seeing a young Scottish boy playing at the top flight, god knows we will need more of the same to improve our national team in coming years...2 games and you are saying he gets into any side in the world. Laughable. Long way for him to go.

Only Stevie wonder wouldn't be able to see he's going to be top class. Great to see a young Scottish player playing the right way.

He is a good talent. Long way to go. Isn't even Chelseas best young player.

chrisski33
08-03-2020, 05:27 PM

Bet you wouldnt say that if he was a product of hibs?

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 05:30 PM
How much did the huns lose him for again?

Keyser Sauzee
08-03-2020, 05:31 PM
How much did the huns lose him for again?

I think the fee was reported to be around half a million I think.

Sgt. Hartman
08-03-2020, 05:36 PM
2 games and you are saying he gets into any side in the world. Laughable. Long way for him to go.

He is a good talent. Long way to go. Isn't even Chelseas best young player.

I said he wouldn’t look out of place in any of the major clubs across Europe... based on technical ability alone!

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 06:02 PM
Bet you wouldnt say that if he was a product of hibs?I definitely would, Porteous is overhyped as f*** on here.

I said he wouldn’t look out of place in any of the major clubs across Europe... based on technical ability alone!He would.

surreyhibbie
08-03-2020, 06:07 PM
He played in a youngsters tournament last year against and with some players two years older than him, and was outstanding.

He has the ability to be a top player.

Is It On....
08-03-2020, 06:24 PM

Given he comes from Ardrossan, is called Billy and was part of The Rangers youth set up, I would say the chances of him having relatives from Republic of Ireland are probably pretty remote.

What I think is great is that he chose to go to Chelsea and further his career development there rather than stay in Scottish football [as Malky Mackay wanted] with The Rangers.

chrisski33
08-03-2020, 06:37 PM
I definitely would, Porteous is overhyped as f*** on here.

He would.

Jeez you talk aload of tosh on here. Do you not get enough attention at home?

MWHIBBIES
08-03-2020, 06:53 PM
Jeez you talk aload of tosh on here. Do you not get enough attention at home?

Stay on topic pal. Thread isn't about your irrelevant opinion of me. No one cares.

He is undoubtedly a talented young player but guys like Mbappe, Sancho and Haaland are real young talents who have proven a lot and would actually get into any team.

The 90+2
08-03-2020, 06:58 PM
I think the fee was reported to be around half a million I think.

Excellent 👍

Smartie
08-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Given he comes from Ardrossan, is called Billy and was part of The Rangers youth set up, I would say the chances of him having relatives from Republic of Ireland are probably pretty remote.

What I think is great is that he chose to go to Chelsea and further his career development there rather than stay in Scottish football [as Malky Mackay wanted] with The Rangers.

There was quite a funny clip of him on Facebook, he was being interviewed by (?)Ewan Cameron and Grado. They put it to him that he might qualify to play for England and he quite unequivocally stated that wouldn’t happen, that he is Scottish.

With some big games for Scotland coming up, it is good to have a player making an impact at a good level. Clarke can never have too many good players to pick from.

lord bunberry
08-03-2020, 07:47 PM
The boy is a player, the way he buzzes around the pitch is exactly what we need. Him and super John in the middle would be a match for most midfields. Maybe it’s time to talk up our own players rather than waiting to lose to mediocre journeymen.

Smartie
08-03-2020, 07:56 PM
The boy is a player, the way he buzzes around the pitch is exactly what we need. Him and super John in the middle would be a match for most midfields. Maybe it’s time to talk up our own players rather than waiting to lose to mediocre journeymen.

We've actually got quite a few good players emerging.

All we need now is for a few players to show their club form for their country and to find a centre-half or two from somewhere.

And for Leigh Griffiths to continue his encouraging comeback.

chrisski33
08-03-2020, 08:06 PM
Stay on topic pal. Thread isn't about your irrelevant opinion of me. No one cares.

He is undoubtedly a talented young player but guys like Mbappe, Sancho and Haaland are real young talents who have proven a lot and would actually get into any team.

And Billy is showing signs that he is too and is real talent.

Liam6270
08-03-2020, 08:18 PM
Absolute superstar, easily worth 20-30 million already! Ridiculous talent

B.H.F.C
08-03-2020, 08:28 PM

You’re right, the good players and prospects need to be talked up.

Scottish players becoming regulars at a number of big English clubs; Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa and now (potentially) Chelsea can only be a good thing.

Shame we can’t find a centre half or two.

Brightside
08-03-2020, 08:36 PM
Great player. A joke that he isn’t already in the full Scotland squad.

Fanforlife
08-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Son in law has worked with him in the Scotland set up,say,s he is probably the best talent he has seen from a Scottish perspective.

Onceinawhile
08-03-2020, 10:31 PM
Him, mctominay and mcginn in midfield?

Just need a keeper, 2 centre backs, a right back, a left winger and a striker and we're set.

jacomo
08-03-2020, 11:11 PM
First Premier League start and was Man of the Match in Chelsea's 4-0 win against Everton.

Sounds like a very player already at a young age (he's aged 18).

Looked very good v Everton. Exciting to think about him playing for scotland - although midfield is not the biggest problem to solve.

theonlywayisup
09-03-2020, 06:34 AM

I can see why you've made the comments that you have. After all, there have been quite a few Scottish players that are the next superstar only for their career to stall, such as Tony Watt, the young guy from Chelsea we had on loan etc etc, even McGregor at Celtic.

However, I don't think anyone on this thread is saying that he's going to be a superstar. People are referring to the experts who are saying some very positive things about him - he's just received two Man of the Match awards. The majority on here are saying that he's a "player" or similar things to that.

It's you that have mentioned Mbappe, Sancho and Haaland. Time will tell if he's ever as good as them. Let's hope his career continues to develop and if he's half as good as Mbappe and Haaland (sorry don't know enough about Sancho) then I'll be pleased with that.

In the meantime, let's enjoy that he's playing well and receiving good feedback. FFS, he's only started two games for the Chelsea first team.

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2020, 07:09 AM
I can see why you've made the comments that you have. After all, there have been quite a few Scottish players that are the next superstar only for their career to stall, such as Tony Watt, the young guy from Chelsea we had on loan etc etc, even McGregor at Celtic.

However, I don't think anyone on this thread is saying that he's going to be a superstar. People are referring to the experts who are saying some very positive things about him - he's just received two Man of the Match awards. The majority on here are saying that he's a "player" or similar things to that.

It's you that have mentioned Mbappe, Sancho and Haaland. Time will tell if he's ever as good as them. Let's hope his career continues to develop and if he's half as good as Mbappe and Haaland (sorry don't know enough about Sancho) then I'll be pleased with that.

In the meantime, let's enjoy that he's playing well and receiving good feedback. FFS, he's only started two games for the Chelsea first team.
Agreed

J-C
09-03-2020, 08:56 AM

Just need a keeper, 2 centre backs, a right back, a left winger and a striker and we're set.

Golden boy McGregor will be guaranteed a spot the midfield.

davhibby
09-03-2020, 09:16 AM

Liam Kelly is looking like a good shout for our number 1 from now on, having a good season at QPR

WeeRussell
09-03-2020, 11:45 AM

I disagree. Hardly a joke. I think he's only played a couple of first team games. I expect he'll be in the squad we're about to announce though :agree:

The 90+2
09-03-2020, 11:47 AM
I disagree. Hardly a joke. I think he's only played a couple of first team games. I expect he'll be in the squad we're about to announce though :agree:

I don’t think he’s going to be in the squad.

Smartie
09-03-2020, 11:50 AM
I don’t think he’s going to be in the squad.

He’s bound to be in the squad, surely?

Maybe not starting the match but we can’t have folk picking up motm awards for Chelsea not making the squad.

BoomtownHibees
09-03-2020, 11:52 AM
He’s bound to be in the squad, surely?

Maybe not starting the match but we can’t have folk picking up motm awards for Chelsea not making the squad.

The chat is he will be in the U21 squad so he will get more game time

McKenzie
09-03-2020, 04:12 PM
The chat is he will be in the U21 squad so he will get more game time

Sums this country up in fairness. England getting success playing the young lads. How long do we have to persist with the same failures before we try something new to qualify? Gilmour oozes class and passes forward, what’s not to like

jacomo
09-03-2020, 04:17 PM
Sums this country up in fairness. England getting success playing the young lads. How long do we have to persist with the same failures before we try something new to qualify? Gilmour oozes class and passes forward, what’s not to like

Agree and often think the same about Hibs.

We’ve got or have had 23 and 24 year olds out on loan. Why? If they aren’t pushing for the Hibs first team by that age, why do we hang onto them?

I get that some players are later developers than others, but sometimes we feel frightened to put a young lad in.

The one thing about Scotland is that central midfield does look strong just now, some very decent players in there.

McKenzie
09-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Agree and often think the same about Hibs.

We’ve got or have had 23 and 24 year olds out on loan. Why? If they aren’t pushing for the Hibs first team by that age, why do we hang onto them?

I get that some players are later developers than others, but sometimes we feel frightened to put a young lad in.

The one thing about Scotland is that central midfield does look strong just now, some very decent players in there.

I get they have to be good enough, but Stevie wonder can see the boys class.

He offers something different to everyone else imo. His ability to receive on the turn and pass forward is incredible. Rarely passes square and safe, takes risks which we need more of in this country.

B.H.F.C
09-03-2020, 06:53 PM

In fairness, the middle of the park is our strongest area. And most of them are relatively young. I think classing some of the players in there as those who have repeatedly failed is a bit harsh.

Sammy7nil
09-03-2020, 06:55 PM

Maybe because he has almost zero first team appearances :confused:
Not saying he is not a great player but surely he had to play at least a couple of games before he was considered?

CL0762
09-03-2020, 07:11 PM
This is the difference between us and a country like Wales for example.

Wales for years have been giving players games despite no real experience at 1st team level. Goes back to Bale/Ramsey and even more recently with someone like Amapdu.

Get him in the squad and get him playing for the full squad.

Andy74
09-03-2020, 07:15 PM

Have England played anyone with zero senior starts, which he had until this week?

Edit: This site seems to suggest it is pretty much unheard of:

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamPlyrs/PlyrsYoung.html

McKenzie
10-03-2020, 05:43 PM
Have England played anyone with zero senior starts, which he had until this week?

So England play at the same level as Scotland? Do England have similar player pool as Scotland? I would suggest that the answer to both is no. We have to pick the best players we have, billy Gilmour is definitely among the best we have. Good enough for Chelsea but not good enough for Scotland it seems.

Iggy Pope
10-03-2020, 06:52 PM

Conversely, Levein selected Ian Black for Scotland and he somehow had 100s of first team appearances.

Shrekko
10-03-2020, 06:59 PM

Other progressive countries bleed in young talent very quickly - even if it’s just being in the squad.

It’s been well known for a while that he’s our once in a generation type- get him in!

McKenzie
11-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Other progressive countries bleed in young talent very quickly - even if it’s just being in the squad.

It’s been well known for a while that he’s our once in a generation type- get him in!

Summed it up in the first but. “Other” and “progressive countries” Scotland are not that just now so the kid will probably not be in the senior squad. If he keeps progressing and not been capped, wouldn’t be surprised to see England start talking about him. How many years do you have to play in a country before you’re eligible to play for them?

Andy74
11-03-2020, 09:04 PM

Do they though? I’ve no issues with young players going in but is there much evidence of national teams playing players with 1 or 2 senior appearances at any level?

He’ll be in soon enough I’m sure.

500miles
11-03-2020, 09:06 PM
We have enough centre mids playing well at a high level to allow Gilmore to lead at under 21 level.

If he was a striker, he'd be in the first squad.

Andy74
11-03-2020, 09:13 PM
Remember the fuss over some boy from Real Madrid not getting in an under 21 squad.

I can’t even recall his name.

The McBurnie boy that was in the squad instead has made a living for himself.

Let’s just see how he progresses. If he continues to play well for his club then he’ll be in. It’s not an age issue it’s about experience of playing senior football.

Haymaker
11-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Summed it up in the first but. “Other” and “progressive countries” Scotland are not that just now so the kid will probably not be in the senior squad. If he keeps progressing and not been capped, wouldn’t be surprised to see England start talking about him. How many years do you have to play in a country before you’re eligible to play for them?

Pretty sure you have to have not been capped at youth level if you're taking another citizenship. It's why Morgan Schniederlin couldn't play for England (and when he was decent)

The 90+2
11-03-2020, 11:36 PM
Remember the fuss over some boy from Real Madrid not getting in an under 21 squad.

I can’t even recall his name.

The McBurnie boy that was in the squad instead has made a living for himself.

Let’s just see how he progresses. If he continues to play well for his club then he’ll be in. It’s not an age issue it’s about experience of playing senior football.

Boy from Real youth team (Harper) didn’t get two man of the match awards in a row for one of the richest clubs in the worlds first team.

I agree with the sentiment though.

The 90+2
11-03-2020, 11:37 PM
Pretty sure you have to have not been capped at youth level if you're taking another citizenship. It's why Morgan Schniederlin couldn't play for England (and when he was decent)

You’re correct.

Just go and not tell me he’s got an Irish Granny and loves Daniel O’Donnell.

ScottB
12-03-2020, 06:20 AM
You’re correct.

Just go and not tell me he’s got an Irish Granny and loves Daniel O’Donnell.

Given his Rangers background and name, I don’t suspect him defecting to the Republic is going to be a concern...