PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga and Docherty

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Theres lots of threads slagging other players and rightly so but quite frankly these two were the worst of the lot for me.

Strangely awful performances.

madhatter
03-03-2020, 09:24 PM
Docherty especially. He was shocking.

hibbymac
03-03-2020, 09:25 PM
Theres lots of threads slagging other players and rightly so but quite frankly these two were the worst of the lot for me.

Strangely awful performances.

No they weren't, .. for me

-Jonesy-
Thought Omeonga was decent at least in the first half, made a lot of tackles and won a couple free kicks and played with more heart than anyone else.
Docherty was disappointing, was indecisive and ponderous all night and nothing came off for him.

Northernhibee
McNulty, Allan and Omeonga were woeful.

cabbage_88
03-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Both were dreadful. Very surprised at how bad Docherty was expected a lot better. Allan was even worse

hibee_girl
Thought Omeonga was the only one close to getting pass marks for us tonight tbh

dmc1875
Allan was the worst on the pitch

The Spaceman
Strangely awful performances sum it up nicely. I would still be delighted if both came back in the summer, but what on earth was that?!

Ozyhibby
03-03-2020, 09:27 PM
Losing the midfield battle is why we lost. These two and Allan had a disastrous night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam

They really were. A massive part of us playing the way we did was due to our midfield three failing to pass the ball. Crying out for us to show, put our foot on the ball and knock it about, isolating wide men, yet neither of the three in the middle could control, pass or run tonight. Miles and miles off it.

villahibs
I thought Docherty was better than Allan and Omeonga. Omeonga was absolutely terrible.

The Tubs
Omeonga won plenty of the ball, as did Docherty to some extent. The pity was that the former seemed to give the ball away easily while the latter ran down blind alleyways.

The desire was there but not the composure.

overdrive

Really? I thought it was a toss up between him Allan for worst on the pitch. Closely followed by McNulty!

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 09:28 PM

Honestly thought they were ***in terrible both of them....constantly gave the ball away, conceded silly fouls and barely won a tackle. Brutal.

Hibs90
03-03-2020, 09:28 PM
That's why Docherty didn't get a game for the Huns. Omeonga is not a defensive midfielder. Allan was utterly dreadful. But it's fine because we have needed a defensive midfielder since the end of last season, even had the January window to get one and still didn't get one. Recruitment has alot to answer for but it appears his job is kooshty.

HibeeDaz6270
03-03-2020, 09:30 PM
Agreed

& Concerning that Jack Ross failed to see the problems in the middle of the park

Hibernian Verse
That's why Docherty didn't get a game for the Huns. Omeonga is not a defensive midfielder. Allan was utterly dreadful. But it's fine because we have needed a defensive midfielder since the end of last season, even had the January window to get one and still didn't get one. Recruitment has alot to answer for but it appears his job is kooshty.Text from Rangers supporting colleague tonight saying that Doherty was exactly the same in the Old Firm derbies under Murty.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

wallpaperman

I agree, Omeonga never hid unlike some of his teammates. Docherty had a bad match.

Boyle had a few moments, including a cross in the first half that might have provided a goal if the two strikers had the conviction to get on the end of it instead of watching the ball.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Slivka has never played that bad for us. Whittaker definitely hasn't either. Both, along with Allan, were utter dog****. Thankfully only one of that trio is under contract.

Springbank
03-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Omeonga the worst player on the field tonight

He will be lucky to start another game for Hibs

A wee boy lost

hibbymac
03-03-2020, 09:35 PM
They really were. A massive part of us playing the way we did was due to our midfield three failing to pass the ball. Crying out for us to show, put our foot on the ball and knock it about, isolating wide men, yet neither of the three in the middle could control, pass or run tonight. Miles and miles off it.

So "these two were worse" than Allan, Stevenson, Hanlon, doge, McNulty ????

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 09:36 PM
Slivka has never played that bad for us. Whittaker definitely hasn't either. Both, along with Allan, were utter dog****. Thankfully only one of that trio is under contract.

Whittaker should have started tonight.

CloudSquall
03-03-2020, 09:36 PM
Kudos though for being a part of the first ever 5 man midfield to get completely overrun for 90 minutes.

JammyDoidger
03-03-2020, 09:38 PM

everyone sitting arguing about who was the worst..how many got pass marks? That's an easier route to go down. Boyle.

wallpaperman
03-03-2020, 09:39 PM
Omeonga the worst player on the field tonight

He will be lucky to start another game for Hibs

A wee boy lost

You have got to be kidding.

While he didn’t have a great game, he was always looking for the ball, whereas Scott Allan was barely involved in a positive sense.

LaMotta

Yes for me but there's not much in it every Hibs player was horrendous.

Strikers were pish but we created NOTHING for them.

emerald green
The whole team was utter s**** apart from maybe Boyle, but I agree Omeonga was particularly poor tonight.

Dr_Regal
Amazing to see folk calling Omeonga out as the worst player on the pitch, could name 8 or 9 hibs players I thought were worse.

Whos cornflakes has Hallberg pissed in?

Should be:

Newell - Omeonga - Hallberg - Docherty - Boyle

If your playing 5 in midfield.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 09:40 PM
Whittaker should have started tonight.

I mean, Benny Brazil could've started and offered more. We could've had a midfield of Josh Vela, Martin Scott and Daniel Boating and we wouldn't have been any worse.

Jones28
Omeonga was the only midfielder in the side winning his battles and getting about the place. He faded in the second half but at least he looked like he gave a **** unlike his two midfield companions.

hibee_girl
Omeonga was the only midfielder in the side winning his battles and getting about the place. He faded in the second half but at least he looked like he gave a **** unlike his two midfield companions.

:agree:

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 09:41 PM
The whole team was utter s**** apart from maybe Boyle, but I agree Omeonga was particularly poor tonight.

Boyle was poor too but he was done 2v1 literally every time he got it. Zero help from a disgraceful midfield.

hibbysam

Absolutely. Every player was off it, however those three are the heart of our midfield, they needed to win their battle and also play some football. Each one of them failed in that aspect and as a result we were bullied.

Smartie
I thought Docherty was the worst. A total dither, caught in possession constantly and ran down blind alleys repeatedly. I have no idea who he thought he was playing, what he expected or what he was instructed to do but if he tries that again the semi he’ll get exactly the same result.

In fairness, I didn’t see it coming and he’s been superb for us.

Plenty of competition in the “worst of a bad bunch” stakes tonight, with special mention for Allan and McNulty who were both abysmal.

Jackson didn’t do much wrong, Boyle showed up in flashes.

McGinn and Omeonga have taken pelters from some and whilst I acknowledge both were poor on a number of occasions they both also made positive contributions at times.

Nicho87
Most of them gave their worst performance in a hibs shirt tonight.

How Whittaker didn’t take to the pitch in the second half is beyond me.

Jack Ross must take some portion of the blame, we were awful first half, second half non-descript.
No plan to counter their press. Awful

The Tubs
03-03-2020, 09:42 PM
You have got to be kidding.

While he didn’t have a great game, he was always looking for the ball, whereas Scott Allan was barely involved in a positive sense.

Omeonga made some important interceptions too.

hibbysam
03-03-2020, 09:43 PM
I thought Docherty was the worst. A total dither, caught in possession constantly and ran down blind alleys constantly. I have no idea who he thought he was playing, what he expected or what he was instructed to do but if he tries that again the semi he’ll get exactly the same result.

Plenty of competition in the “worst of a bad bunch” stakes tonight, with special mention for Allan and McNulty who were both abysmal.

McGinn and Omeonga have taken pelters from some and whilst I acknowledge both were poor on a number of occasions they both also made positive contributions at times.

Jackson finished the game as a contest with his atrocious decision for the second goal. A total head fart that killed any chance we had of making a game of it.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 09:44 PM
I thought Docherty was the worst. A total dither, caught in possession constantly and ran down blind alleys repeatedly. I have no idea who he thought he was playing, what he expected or what he was instructed to do but if he tries that again the semi he’ll get exactly the same result.

This is a good summary....if I had to exonorate two it would be Jackson and Boyle.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 09:46 PM
Jackson finished the game as a contest with his atrocious decision for the second goal. A total head fart that killed any chance we had of making a game of it.

What did he do? Might have to reconsider my previous post:eyes:

The Harp Awakes
03-03-2020, 09:46 PM
With the exception of Boyle and Jackson, everyone else in a green jersey was rank rotten tonight.

Hearts completely outfought us. They were winning 2nd balls all over the park from start to finish. Unacceptable that they were allowed to do that at home in front of 16000 Hibs fans. They've been bottom of the league for so long for a reason.

A lot of the good work of the last few months undone in one disastrous 90 minutes.

Bobby's Cinema
03-03-2020, 09:47 PM
Omeonga and Docherty, it seemed to me at times they were the same kind of player going after the same balls.

Omeonga normally good at finding space on the ball and wriggling out of spaces just didn’t happen tonight. Our passing was as bad as I’ve seen it this season.

Sammy7nil
03-03-2020, 09:48 PM

I agree, Omeonga never hid unlike some of his teammates. Docherty had a bad match.

Boyle had a few moments, including a cross in the first half that might have provided a goal if the two strikers had the conviction to get on the end of it instead of watching the ball.

I agree Omeonga was okay certainly very far away from being the worst.

hibbysam
03-03-2020, 09:48 PM

Decided to inexplicably play a short free kick to Docherty who wasn’t even looking, with a boy 2 yards away, and 2 boys right up his arse, resulting in them scoring.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 09:49 PM
Decided to inexplicably play a short free kick to Docherty who wasn’t even looking, with a boy 2 yards away, and 2 boys right up his arse, resulting in them scoring.

Yes I remember that now, shocking stuff.

Ozyhibby
Docherty kept going back into the same space the ball came from all night. It was a brutal performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
Docherty didn't even get near the ball enough after the first 20 or so minutes to be anything other than utterly nondescript. They bossed midfield, over him and Allan in particular.

HendoDelivered
Really? I thought it was a toss up between him Allan for worst on the pitch. Closely followed by McNulty!

This

Smartie
03-03-2020, 09:50 PM

He took a terrible short free kick that immediately put us in trouble. I’d forgotten about it tbh but it was really poor.

Other than that (!) he was fine.

Frankhfc
03-03-2020, 09:51 PM
Omeonga and Docherty, it seemed to me at times they were the same kind of player going after the same balls.

Omeonga normally good at finding space on the ball and wriggling out of spaces just didn’t happen tonight. Our passing was as bad as I’ve seen it this season.

The passing was poor tonight. Against a pressing side the passing has to be slick and tight which wasn't there with too many slack passes, poor touches etc. The pitch looked greasy which didn't help, however, both teams were playing on the same surface so can't really use that as an excuse to be fair. Hoping Hampden's is in better condition come the semi which might work in our favour and our passing has improved by then.

GRA
03-03-2020, 09:51 PM

Midfield in general was terrible this evening.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 09:52 PM
He took a terrible short free kick that immediately put us in trouble. I’d forgotten about it tbh but it was really poor.

Other than that (!) he was fine.

Yeah it was bad on reflection but agree that he was ok otherwise.

eastmainsmsh
03-03-2020, 09:53 PM
the midfield was terrible unfortunately

Del Boy
03-03-2020, 09:54 PM
Allan was the worst player on the pitch.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 09:54 PM
Docherty didn't even get near the ball enough after the first 20 or so minutes to be anything other than utterly nondescript. They bossed midfield, over him and Allan in particular.

Can't believe how much space Hearts midfield seemed to have every time a spare ball broke loose it fell to one of them in acres.

Something wasnt right.

ancient hibee
03-03-2020, 09:55 PM
Wrong midfield started.Whittaker would have brought composure.Tried to play Hearts game in the middle of the park instead of our own.

04Sauzee
03-03-2020, 10:00 PM
Omeonga best Hibs player on the park, wouldn't have taken much tbh but he certainly wasn't the worst

dmc1875
03-03-2020, 10:01 PM
Allan was the worst player on the pitch.

Exactly and he’s been shocking for weeks.

As much as we all wish this wasn’t the case, it is and he needs dropped.

Mallan will walk straight back into the team and take his place. Or at least he should

sorryfolks
03-03-2020, 10:02 PM
everyone sitting arguing about who was the worst..how many got pass marks? That's an easier route to go down. Boyle.

And McGinn.

hibee_girl
03-03-2020, 10:03 PM
Exactly and he’s been shocking for weeks.

As much as we all wish this wasn’t the case, it is and he needs dropped.

Mallan will walk straight back into the team and take his place. Or at least he should

Mallan should definitely not be going straight back into the team.

dmc1875
03-03-2020, 10:05 PM
Mallan should definitely not be going straight back into the team.

Why not?

Top of a midfield three like he always should have been, great delivery and btw can score from anywhere 35 yards inwards?

What has Allan done in the last few months to say he shouldn’t be swapped. He most definitely should.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 10:06 PM
Omeonga best Hibs player on the park, wouldn't have taken much tbh but he certainly wasn't the worst

No chance was he best. Gave the ball away constantly and gave away numerous fouls.

hibee_girl
03-03-2020, 10:07 PM
Why not?

Top of a midfield three like he always should have been, great delivery and btw can score from anywhere 35 yards inwards?

What has Allan done in the last few months to say he shouldn’t be swapped. He most definitely should.

Did you even see Mallan this season? He was bringing absolutely nothing to games, he’s **** scared to put a tackle in, useless at defending and even his set pieces were awful before he got injured.

I’m all for Allan getting dropped btw, just not for Mallan.

dmc1875
03-03-2020, 10:09 PM
Did you even see Mallan this season? He was bringing absolutely nothing to games, he’s **** scared to put a tackle in, useless at defending and even his set pieces were awful before he got injured.

I’m all for Allan getting dropped btw, just not for Mallan.

That was because of where Mallan was being played more than anything he was being played deep and he isn’t a deep lying midfielder

hibbie02
03-03-2020, 10:11 PM
The whole team were awful, nobody got pass marks tonight. Total catastrophe of a match. It's almost like that lot enjoy the wide open spaces of ER rather than their own hovel. All the chat about the best team we could put out and how many would we score. Embarrassing. No one should ever be cocky against that lot, regardless of their league position. 2 away wins all seasons and both at ER. Pathetic!

LeithMike
03-03-2020, 10:19 PM
I think Hearts have to get some credit for their approach. They outnumbered us in every area of the pitch with every player looking hungry and energetic. Ours looked lost, lethargic and dithery under the pressure.

Hibs looked lost under so much pressure with poor movement and no outball.

I'm a big fan of Omeonga and agree that he didn't have his greatest game tonight but at times in the second half he looked to be our only midfielder with Allan ineffective and Docherty going missing after a bright start. I dont think Omeonga is a holding midfielder but I'd now look at taking Alan out, playing a holding player (Whittaker?) and just let Omeonga and Docherty go up and down. It does seem that we still dont have the balance right and if Allan is not on his game then Boyle is our only real creative outlet. We probably miss and in-form Kamberi who could create some openings for himself with both our forwards heavily dependant on the midfield to create chances.

Hibs will have to significantly up their game if we want to get to the cup final.

PS - seen a fair bit of criticism of Paul Hanlon but thought he did pretty well tonight. The back 3 got badly exposed when Hearts pushed numbers forward with very little tracking from midfield and Omeonga being swamped by runners.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

sadtom
03-03-2020, 10:23 PM
Anyone who thinks Omeonga was decent tonight should just gie up watching fitba.
Outmuscled all the time. Poor first touch. Constantly giving the ball away. Not to mention the stupid uneccessary fouls.
But he certainly wasnt alone.
The whole defence looked half asleep and constantly on there heels. Dochertys worst game in a Hibs strip by far. Allan and McNulty totally anonimous. And Doige, who has had a decent goals return without a doubt...but lets face it he's not much of a fitba player.
For me, only Boyle and Rocky (just about) got pass marks from the starting 11.

snedzuk
03-03-2020, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=LeithMike;6106849]I think Hearts have to get some credit for their approach. They outnumbered us in every area of the pitch with every player looking hungry and energetic. Ours looked lost, lethargic and dithery under the pressure.

Hibs looked lost under so much pressure with poor movement and no outball.

I'm a big fan of Omeonga and agree that he didn't have his greatest game tonight but at times in the second half he looked to be our only midfielder with Allan ineffective and Docherty going missing after a bright start. I dont think Omeonga is a holding midfielder but I'd now look at taking Alan out, playing a holding player (Whittaker?) and just let Omeonga and Docherty go up and down. It does seem that we still dont have the balance right and if Allan is not on his game then Boyle is our only real creative outlet. We probably miss and in-form Kamberi who could create some openings for himself with both our forwards heavily dependant on the midfield to create chances.

Hibs will have to significantly up their game if we want to get to the cup final.

PS - seen a fair bit of criticism of Paul Hanlon but thought he did pretty well tonight. The back 3 got badly exposed when Hearts pushed numbers forward with very little tracking from midfield and Omeonga being swamped by runners.

When will doing this be our turn?

ekhibee
03-03-2020, 11:26 PM

Time for your usual controversial nonsense. Slivka has been really poor in a lot of games, and a lot more regularly than either of them.