PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon & Stevenson

pacoluna
03-03-2020, 09:07 PM
They need phased out the team, Hanlon has been pathetic this season. With Scotland having several cb's out injured you would expect the hibs captain to get a call but he won't because he's been rank. The fact he's left footed keeps him in the team. With Stevenson to the left of him we are so slow and ponderous and lack any urgency, the transition from defense to MF is so slow which makes it even more baffling that we never went for Ambrose.

cabbage_88
03-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Both have been dreadful all season. Obviously no short term fix but both need replaced in the summer.
Absolutely love both of them and they've done amazing things for us but they are finished sadly

blackpoolhibs
03-03-2020, 09:09 PM
They are past it, Jackson and McGinn were no better tonight either.

DetroitHibs
03-03-2020, 09:11 PM
Yep both need replaced. We need better quality.

Crab apple
They need phased out the team, Hanlon has been pathetic this season. With Scotland having several cb's out injured you would expect the hibs captain to get a call but he won't because he's been rank. The fact he's left footed keeps him in the team. With Stevenson to the left of him we are so slow and ponderous and lack any urgency, the transition from defense to MF is so slow which makes it even more baffling that we never went for Ambrose.

Defence was bullied all night. You're spot on about Ambrose.

Currie Hibee
I’ve defended both of them this season but the truth is they are simply not good enough.

neil7908
03-03-2020, 09:12 PM
If they are starting next season we'll be in trouble.

ABZHFC
03-03-2020, 09:12 PM
Stevenson especially, I'm sorry but it's time for him to become second choice, I cannot bear to watch him fail to cross a ball any longer

Unseen work
03-03-2020, 09:13 PM
Personally I thought McGinn, Jackson and Hanlon were 3 of our better players tonight.

Sadly, that’s not saying much.

Stevenson was awful in possession and was constantly backing off, really poor from him.

Craig_in_Prague
Whole new defence / back 4 needed. Been clear for ages if not cca. 1 year

S4uzee
Time is up for both unfortunately. Although Jackson caused the 2nd with an atrocious free kick

Currie Hibee
03-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Personally I thought McGinn, Jackson and Hanlon were 3 of our better players tonight.

Sadly, that’s not saying much.

Stevenson was awful in possession and was constantly backing off, really poor from him.

McGinn was awful too.

cabbageandribs1875
tbf paul wore his plimsoles tonight

hibbydad
Both are finished and need replaced in the summer

Steve88
03-03-2020, 09:15 PM
we all know this.

Then hanlon etc have two good games against dundee united ( a championship club) and half the folk on here are singing his praises, saying we should give him another year :rolleyes:

sean04
03-03-2020, 09:16 PM
Been saying it all season and people on here have defended Hanlon and Stevenson. Hanlon has been better recently but Stevenson is terrible. If hibs were to release him where would he go? Raith rovers? Shouldn’t be anywhere near a hibs team now. Great servant but he’s beyond past it. Serious lack of quality going forward and port defensively

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Stevenson especially, I'm sorry but it's time for him to become second choice, I cannot bear to watch him fail to cross a ball any longer

someone will be along soon enough to tell us "what about that cross he put in" 😀

even though he didn't

Heckys Wheel
03-03-2020, 09:17 PM
we all know this.

Then hanlon etc have two good games against dundee united ( a championship club) and half the folk on here are singing his praises, saying we should give him another year :rolleyes:

Read a post last week claiming he’s one of the best defenders in the league 😂😂😂

wallpaperman
03-03-2020, 09:18 PM
Stevenson can get himself in some good positions, then nothing.

Hanlon slipped twice tonight in embarrassing fashion, neither slip being fatal at the time, but at least he never hid.

Both need gradually phased out, and I think that will happen and done with some dignity which they deserve.

Green-Hibee-7
Lewis Stevenson - club legend. Cannot take away what he’s won with the club.

That performance tonight though was disgraceful. He’s always gave us 100% in terms of effort but that doesn’t cut it. There’s more ways to give 100% to the cause. Never goes forward, always looks to give it away, always slows the play down. It hurts saying it but time is up for him.

Hanlon again legend for the 2016 efforts but my word never a Hibs captain. I watched as we went 1 and 2 nil down tonight and as the captain he looked straight ahead. No vocal or obvious movements to try and get a response.

When you see the type of performance from these 2 tonight that are meant to be the players that “get it” you know it won’t end well.

supermcginn
Both are finished. No surprise that hearts left Stevenson in 30 yards of space all night because he gets a nosebleed going forward. Awful

The Spaceman
Love Stevenson and he has been an immense servant for our club and will rightly go down as a legend. But tonight really underscored he needs to be phased out - Hearts were more than happy to give him half of Easter Road to play in as he is utterly incapable of carrying us forward. Meant they doubled, even tripled up on Boyle and totally phased him out.

Steve88
Read a post last week claiming he’s one of the best defenders in the league 😂😂😂

These people are wet blankets

theonlywayisup
03-03-2020, 09:19 PM
I've been very supportive up til now, but we must replace them. Club legends but not consistently good enough.

Pretty Boy
03-03-2020, 09:19 PM
To avoid going down the route of criticising an easy target let's just say I think we miss Newall a lot.

The Tubs
03-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Stevenson’s not an issue. As I said on another thread, if Newell continues his form, he’s one of our most valuable players when at left wing back.

hfc rd
03-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Both need replaced this summer.

mcfly
03-03-2020, 09:26 PM
They were both atrocious tonight but then again so was Allan, Omeonga, mcnulty, McGinn.

Whoever made the decision to get rid of Bartley should hang their head.

Our midfield got bullied and u have to fear they will do it again at hampden.

Tonight was a disgrace

Since90+2
03-03-2020, 09:28 PM
Neither of them are good enough. It's painfully obvious and has been for a while. Teams purposely target that side of the park.

Gloucester Hibs
03-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Hanlon’s has had his moments this season but both need replaced ASAP. Unfortunately at least one of them will probably start at Hampden 😞

Since90+2
03-03-2020, 09:31 PM
Lewis Stevenson - club legend. Cannot take away what he’s won with the club.

That performance tonight though was disgraceful. He’s always gave us 100% in terms of effort but that doesn’t cut it. There’s more ways to give 100% to the cause. Never goes forward, always looks to give it away, always slows the play down. It hurts saying it but time is up for him.

Hanlon again legend for the 2016 efforts but my word never a Hibs captain. I watched as we went 1 and 2 nil down tonight and as the captain he looked straight ahead. No vocal or obvious movements to try and get a response.

When you see the type of performance from these 2 tonight that are meant to be the players that “get it” you know it won’t end well.

We massively missed a leader on the park tonight. Paul Hanlon is not a leader which I'm sure even his biggest fans must acknowledge.

Darren McGregor was missed tonight, likelihood is we would have lost the game regardless but I'm pretty sure we would have put up more of a fight with Darren on the park.

Greenworld
03-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Hanlon was a nightmare today 1 on 1 forget it on his arse his time is gone ..allan needs to get fitter did nothing apart from give away a penalty you could RIP the team but I'll leave to the boys that were their

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
03-03-2020, 09:33 PM
not even a 2/10 for the pair of them tonight and if Jonnyboy gives them anymore than that in his write up then he's on drugs

DH1875
03-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Hanlon has been done for a while. Not allowed to say that though.

skyehibee
03-03-2020, 09:35 PM
We can’t rely on these 2 every season if we want to finish top 4

Coach Jon
03-03-2020, 09:40 PM
Hanlon’s has had his moments this season but both need replaced ASAP. Unfortunately at least one of them will probably start at Hampden 😞
both hopeless and none of them have ever turned up at hampden (even 2016) total weakness in our team both played in our most embarrassing performances,namely hearts and Malmo, lower league players defo not top 6 standard,

Nicho87
03-03-2020, 09:43 PM
For me the groans when Stevenson failed to beat the first man for a cross at 1/2 nil down shows the need for a different approach in the left back area.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2020, 09:55 PM
Hanlon has been done for a while. Not allowed to say that though.

Underscore will be along just now to tell us all that Hanlon was MOTM.

Cod Boy
03-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Underscore will be along just now to tell us all that Hanlon was MOTM.

Aye for hearts

Hermit Crab
03-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Aye for hearts

:agree: Him and Stevenson joint effort.

h1bs4life
03-03-2020, 10:00 PM
There fan club will be along soon to tell us how they would walk into any team outwith the Old Firm .
They have been part of teams that have lost several managers there job if Ross continues with them he will go the same way.
While the whole team was poor they are supposed to be experienced players.
Hanlon is never a captain / leader although he was ok 1st half.
Stevenson was like playing with a man short , they like everyone else does left him in acres of space knowing that he offers nothing going forward.
Both should have been emptied a long time. Done well in the Championship thats there level.

Swedish hibee
03-03-2020, 10:01 PM
Every single player on that pitch was utterly woeful tonight.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 10:04 PM
McGinn was awful too.

We signed a player not getting a game for St Mirren. It’s hardly surprising. He still wasn’t as pish as Hanlon or Stevenson though. Mathie sits there and decides not to bring in Ambrose. Absolute clown.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 10:04 PM
:agree: Him and Stevenson joint effort.

Why are you picking on those two? There were 6 or 7 others as bad if not worse.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 10:05 PM

:agree:

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 10:05 PM
both hopeless and none of them have ever turned up at hampden (even 2016) total weakness in our team both played in our most embarrassing performances,namely hearts and Malmo, lower league players defo not top 6 standard,

Nah, no having that. Stevenson was fantastic in the Cup Final.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 10:06 PM

There’s a thread on Mcnulty and Allan. You about to cntrl v on them too?

bigwheel
03-03-2020, 10:06 PM
We signed a player not getting a game for St Mirren. It’s hardly surprising. He still wasn’t as pish as Hanlon or Stevenson though. Mathie sits there and decides not to bring in Ambrose. Absolute clown.

He played almost every game for them - stop making up stuff

Hibeesforever
03-03-2020, 10:07 PM
Hanlon kept playing the ball left tonight, that is why we lost...Boyle hardly in the game, Stevenson always on the ball...pathetic!

bigwheel
03-03-2020, 10:07 PM

People have been waiting weeks for this thread ..they are having a field day ..let them enjoy it ..

you’re right though - there could be a thread on any of the team tonight ...

percy veer
03-03-2020, 10:08 PM
someone will be along soon enough to tell us "what about that cross he put in" 😀

even though he didn't

" but the last 7 hibs managers have him in the team" there's a reason for the high turn over

Hiber-nation
03-03-2020, 10:11 PM
The pair of them were shocking tonight. Not surprised as Lewis has been poor all season but just when Hanlon seemed to be back in form he turns up with a performance like this. There was no excuse for that, your captain who should be leading by example in a Derby making unforced errors all over the pitch.

Of course they were not alone as we didn't have a player in midfield who was brave enough to keep the ball and make passes. If it was against Celtic then it might just be excusable. But against that lot? A complete and utter embarrassment.

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 10:15 PM
There’s a thread on Mcnulty and Allan. You about to cntrl v on them too?

Eh?

Allez Hibs
03-03-2020, 10:17 PM
Opposing teams just launch a high ball at Lewy and Hanlon week in week out.

percy veer
03-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Opposing teams just launch a high ball at Lewy and Hanlon week in week out.

And it seems to work most weeks

DetroitHibs
03-03-2020, 10:25 PM
Let's look at the facts. How many times have Hanlon and Stevenson been in a top four finishing Hibs team in there career?

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 10:28 PM
Let's look at the facts. How many times have Hanlon and Stevenson been in a top four finishing Hibs team in there career?

Probably more than most since the 70s.

h1bs4life
03-03-2020, 10:29 PM
Hanlon kept playing the ball left tonight, that is why we lost...Boyle hardly in the game, Stevenson always on the ball...pathetic!

Every team leaves Stevenson with plenty of space to get the as they know its usually passed backwards unless he feels adventurous and passes side ways.
Like playing with a man short.

Allez Hibs
03-03-2020, 10:32 PM
Probably more than most since the 70s.

What, twice?

Top four isnt a success for Hibs.

bigwheel
03-03-2020, 10:34 PM
What, twice?

Are you joking ? We dream Of that most seasons- almost always have ..

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 10:36 PM
What, twice?

Yes exactly my point, twice. Name other players that have done it more often since the 70s.

HarpLife
03-03-2020, 10:38 PM
Haven't been on this particular bandwagon before as I love them both but time is time. I (like most) love the concept of a one club man and would love it for both of them but they've had their testimonials, they've won their cups. There might be some years in the legs yet but not at Hibs.

I think with Porteous coming through we've thought 'ah, were ok at the back, the older boys have a few more years in them' but not enough investment has gone into the defensive line - should have started first season back in the prem but hindsight and all that... No one gets pass marks tonight of course but we've looked very shaky back there all season. Sorry boys...

Allez Hibs
03-03-2020, 10:39 PM
Yes exactly my point, twice. Name other players that have done it more often since the 70s.

Dean Shiels
Chris Hogg
David Murphy

wookie70
03-03-2020, 10:43 PM
Hanlon has been done for a while. Not allowed to say that though.`

Hanlon has been one of our better players since the break. He is nowhere near finished. I love Lewis but there are some signs that he is starting to struggle physically, too many crosses coming in from his side and isn't getting up and down as often. Both Lewis and Hanlon have been better than Allan over the last 6 weeks or so

LaMotta
03-03-2020, 10:44 PM
Dean Shiels
Chris Hogg
David Murphy

None of them have finished 4th or above more often than Hanlon and Stevenson. They might have done it twice each but they are in the minority.

So like I said originally, Hanlon and Stevenson have done it more than most.

snedzuk
03-03-2020, 10:50 PM

On the basis of this post we have a Stealers Wheel defence - clowns to the left of me jokers to the right here I am stuck in the middle with you.

munchar
03-03-2020, 11:41 PM
None of them have finished 4th or above more often than Hanlon and Stevenson. They might have done it twice each but they are in the minority.

So like I said originally, Hanlon and Stevenson have done it more than most.

We’ll be forever grateful for every single player that was involved in 2016. Their loyalty & commitment has been fantastic, but nobody can say they are or have been great players. Would be sad to see any of them leave for sentimental purposes, but Stevenson imo is a mediocre player. Never has been good enough to take the team forward, Hanlon the same. Stevenson gets left alone by the opposition because he offers ZERO threat going forward, can’t beat a man, or cross a ball. Passing is usually sideways or backwards, and so you find Boyle has 2/3 on him because of this.
Hanlon is and has never been aggressive or vocal enough to be a dominant centre half, never mind captain.
Yogi would never have stood for a performance like that tonight, & a David Murphy on the left would have caused Hearts lots of problems. 2 players that cost nothing. Need to sign better asap.
Both aren’t “finished” as people are saying, just not good enough.

Jdawg
04-03-2020, 12:35 AM
We’ll be forever grateful for every single player that was involved in 2016. Their loyalty & commitment has been fantastic, but nobody can say they are or have been great players. Would be sad to see any of them leave for sentimental purposes, but Stevenson imo is a mediocre player. Never has been good enough to take the team forward, Hanlon the same. Stevenson gets left alone by the opposition because he offers ZERO threat going forward, can’t beat a man, or cross a ball. Passing is usually sideways or backwards, and so you find Boyle has 2/3 on him because of this.
Hanlon is and has never been aggressive or vocal enough to be a dominant centre half, never mind captain.
Yogi would never have stood for a performance like that tonight, & a David Murphy on the left would have caused Hearts lots of problems. 2 players that cost nothing. Need to sign better asap.

Top post

joebakerforever
04-03-2020, 12:45 AM
You can only live off past achievements for so long and when age catches up and your mental & physical attributes start to decline, then it's time to bow out, either voluntary or compulsory.

Stendel recognised this with Berra and removed him from Hearts first team squad soon after becoming Manager.

Pity Jack Ross has been unable to do the same with "club legends" Hanlon & Stevenson, who are now defensive liabilities who might have the occasional passable performance, but more frequently are the soft targets for the opposition.

Give the pair free transfers at the end of this Season and recruit younger, more physically robust, replacements.

LaMotta
04-03-2020, 06:29 AM

In 05/06, David Murphy played left back three times.when we lost four goals to Hearts in each game, recieving a pumping every time.

MikeyS
04-03-2020, 06:30 AM

Every single player was poor last night but is it just coincidence that we can be playing some decent stuff in lead up to these games each time then instantly revert to hoofing it when Hearts come along? What I'm getting at is, are PH & LS too intuned with what the Derby does to us lot and influence a cautious or even submissive style on those around them?

Pretty far fetched but they are the common denominator in Derbies. We cant possibly be always bringing in new players with an already in built fear of Hearts!!

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2020, 08:33 AM
There's a very good reason there's never been any interest in them. Both been at Hibs for over 10 years and nobody has ever tried to sign them.

It's taken a while but i'm glad folk are finally seeing sense, both been liabilities for years now

sean04
04-03-2020, 08:40 AM
There's a very good reason there's never been any interest in them. Both been at Hibs for over 10 years and nobody has ever tried to sign them.

It's taken a while but i'm glad folk are finally seeing sense, both been liabilities for years now

Aberdeen were interested in Hanlon a few years back.

MagicSwirlingShip
04-03-2020, 08:59 AM
Fulham were interested in Hanlon also

flash
04-03-2020, 09:08 AM
I think the biggest problem with the pair of them is that neither of them lifts the team when we are struggling. They have about 1000 appearances between them yet, whenever things start to go wrong, they both look like it's their debut not their umpteenth appearance. I will admit to never having thought either of them to be of the standard required to get where we want to but these days it's glaringly obvious this is the case. There is genuinely no pleasure in holding this opinion but they need replaced regardless, preferably immediately though our lack of other left sided defensive options may make this difficult.

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2020, 09:44 AM
Aberdeen were interested in Hanlon a few years back.

Fulham were interested in Hanlon also

I remember it being said the Fulham were watching him and Mark Wilson at the same time, but tbf Hanlon was young at the time and probably looked like he had potential, they never bidded for him though, bit like that Hearts boy who Juve were apparently after a few years ago.

The Aberdeen rumour came up after the cup final, but it was said later there was nothing in it.

Brightside
04-03-2020, 10:01 AM
I remember it being said the Fulham were watching him and Mark Wilson at the same time, but tbf Hanlon was young at the time and probably looked like he had potential, they never bidded for him though, bit like that Hearts boy who Juve were apparently after a few years ago.

The Aberdeen rumour came up after the cup final, but it was said later there was nothing in it.

Paul Hanlon turned down a contract from Aberdeen to stay at Hibs. 100% Fact.
He like the rest of the team was poor last night.
He has been a main factor in our decent run of form recently.

Brightside
04-03-2020, 10:03 AM
Also can someone point to the Hanlon and Stevenson errors that led to the 3 goals please. Just so I'm clear on what they as individuals did wrong last night.

flash
04-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Also can someone point to the Hanlon and Stevenson errors that led to the 3 goals please. Just so I'm clear on what they as individuals did wrong last night.

Not sure the fact that their inadequacies didn't directly lead to goals is particularly relevant. As I stated earlier they both retreat into shells when we are struggling.
With the amount of experience they have at the club surely the reverse should be the case.

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2020, 10:10 AM
Paul Hanlon turned down a contract from Aberdeen to stay at Hibs. 100% Fact.
He like the rest of the team was poor last night.
He has been a main factor in our decent run of form recently.

I'm not going to lie and say i have any inside knowledge because I don't, but if you do as you claim to do so then very well, but I think it's staggering there's been so little documented interest in a player most fans would have as first name on their team sheets.

I've never been a fan and I think the cup final and a few decent seasons in the championship with a decent team around him has pulled the wool over folks eyes, likewise with Stevenson.

They no longer have a quality midfield to hide behind and it's showing, we're leaking goals like mad every weak.

A couple folk saying Hanlon is passed it, he's not he's only 29, prime years for a centre half, he's just never been good enough.

Brightside
04-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Not sure the fact that their inadequacies didn't directly lead to goals is particularly relevant. As I stated earlier they both retreat into shells when we are struggling.
With the amount of experience they have at the club surely the reverse should be the case.

I didn’t see either retreat into their shells. Lewis was booked for doing the opposite of that.

Brightside
04-03-2020, 10:17 AM
I'm not going to lie and say i have any inside knowledge because I don't, but if you do as you claim to do so then very well, but I think it's staggering there's been so little documented interest in a player most fans would have as first name on their team sheets.

I've never been a fan and I think the cup final and a few decent seasons in the championship with a decent team around him has pulled the wool over folks eyes, likewise with Stevenson.

They no longer have a quality midfield to hide behind and it's showing, we're leaking goals like mad every weak.

A couple folk saying Hanlon is passed it, he's not he's only 29, prime years for a centre half, he's just never been good enough.

He’s been better than every other LCB we’ve had in his time. That’s why he’s still here. Otherwise he’d have been let go a long time ago. I’m not defending him here just stating facts.

The Modfather
04-03-2020, 10:19 AM

Individual defensive errors or not. When you concede 3 goals at home, and have conceded 46 goals in the league so far I think you’re hard pushed to make a case for any defender being up to required standards last night or this season.

Keyser Sauzee
04-03-2020, 10:20 AM
He’s been better than every other LCB we’ve had in his time. That’s why he’s still here. Otherwise he’d have been let go a long time ago. I’m not defending him here just stating facts.

It’s not just about being better than *****, they both need to be good which they aren’t anymore and should be replaced, no room for sentiment any more

flash
04-03-2020, 10:20 AM
I didn’t see either retreat into their shells. Lewis was booked for doing the opposite of that.

That was a cheap shot. Did he drive us forward?

Zazu62
04-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Compare Stevenson to Hickey.

Brightside
04-03-2020, 10:22 AM
Individual defensive errors or not. When you concede 3 goals at home, and have conceded 46 goals in the league so far I think you’re hard pushed to make a case for any defender being up to required standards last night or this season.

So I’m asking why we have a thread about those 2 players after last night?

Hibs90
04-03-2020, 10:23 AM

There are threads on lots of players not just these 2.

The Modfather
04-03-2020, 10:24 AM

Presumably for the same reasons there are also threads about Allan, McNulty, Omeonga & Docherty.

flash
04-03-2020, 10:24 AM

Because it's a Hibs forum and they were both very poor.

Brightside
04-03-2020, 10:25 AM
It’s not just about being better than *****, they both need to be good which they aren’t anymore and should be replaced, no room for sentiment any more

So then the coach will make that area a priority. I’m just pointing out that we have never tried to replace either player in the last few years.

Hiber-nation
04-03-2020, 10:27 AM

There's a McNulty thread, an Omeonga and Docherty thread, an Allan thread....they were all diabolical last night but Hanlon and Stevenson should be leading by example and they were the complete opposite.

JohnM1875
04-03-2020, 10:32 AM

Maybe because some folk expect more from the club captain and longest serving player who have both played in numerous Edinburgh derbies?

I wouldn't be binning both them, I think Hanlon has been really good the past month or so. But it does appear Stevenson is no longer a starter.

Diclonius
04-03-2020, 10:48 AM
Stevenson is done and Hanlon's back to being not good enough after a few years of being pretty good. He is also not a captain.

Stick McGregor in there and give him the armband for the rest of the season.

J-C
04-03-2020, 11:03 AM

Pen was an Allan hand ball, 2nd was McGinn not putting in a challenge on the edge of the box and the Hearts player having all day to pick his pass, I was gone when the 3rd went in but did that not come from us chasing the game and came down our right again? I don't get the hate for these 2 players when it's again clearly obvious the midfield was missing, we've had a shocking midfield all season and it's still the same. Hearts players closed us down all night, I very rarely see our midfield or strikers chase anything down, they give up so much space it's unreal, teams must love paying against us the time they get on the ball.

bigwheel
04-03-2020, 11:10 AM
This thread reeks of an overreaction to the horrible result last night and some posters frankly delighted to get a new chance to put the boot in to Hanlon and Stevenson...many must have been quite frustrated that they couldn’t do it when we went on a run of games largely without defeat ...

WestStandWillie
04-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Stevenson is done and Hanlon's back to being not good enough after a few years of being pretty good. He is also not a captain.

Define done?

He should he phased out the squad and be back up but he's no done :rolleyes:

supermcginn
04-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Hanlon made a complete arse of trying to play offside then somehow even after catching up with washington he showed him inside and put a half hearted attempt at a block in. He is also the least inspiring captain i've ever seen.

supermcginn
04-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Define done?

He should he phased out the squad and be back up but he's no done :rolleyes:
He doesnt have the legs to get up and down the park anymore = done.

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Hanlon made a complete arse of trying to play offside then somehow even after catching up with washington he showed him inside and put a half hearted attempt at a block in. He is also the least inspiring captain i've ever seen.

He also fell over twice with nobody around him.

The attempted block for the third is one of the most pathetic pieces of defending I've seen, may as well have a pop at goal for him

munchar
04-03-2020, 12:16 PM

Hanlon for the 3rd goal was horrendous. Wouldn’t expect that from 14/15 year olds. Type in highlights & look at the goal from all angles. 1 striker v 2 defenders. Hanlon has nobody else to concern him, & so should be deeper to come & sweep across. He stands like a child defender with his hand up. He then comes across & doesn’t even tackle or block. This isn’t crucifying him, just facts.

NC1875
04-03-2020, 12:24 PM

Spot on. Too many people think they are great players when they are bang average and always have been. That’s why we’ll never consistently challenge for 3rd and never have with them in the team. I’ve said it for years.

silverhibee
04-03-2020, 12:33 PM

Can we rely on McGregor though, seems to be injured more of the time nowadays, same goes for Gray, they all need replaced next season, we are going to have plenty of coaches for next season after handing them all long term contracts though.

Heisenberg
04-03-2020, 12:42 PM
Can we rely on McGregor though, seems to be injured more of the time nowadays, same goes for Gray, they all need replaced next season, we are going to have plenty of coaches for next season after handing them all long term contracts though.

Absolutely agree, none of the four should be anywhere near a starting eleven for us next season. Hanlon and Stevenson have played the majority of this season in a defence which has consistently leaked goals.

Sgt. Hartman
04-03-2020, 04:01 PM
It is inexcusable that we have let ourselves get to this point with Lewis in particular, every man and their dug could see his legs have been gone for a few seasons now. I was really liking the look of Mackie but he has hardly had a look since the silly red card at Ibrox.
Paul on the other hand has never been a favourite of mine (albeit captain) I genuinely don't know if I have ever seen a softer centre half in my cream puff. a serious rebuild in the summer required.

bigwheel
04-03-2020, 04:08 PM
It is inexcusable that we have let ourselves get to this point with Lewis in particular, every man and their dug could see his legs have been gone for a few seasons now. I was really liking the look of Mackie but he has hardly had a look since the silly red card at Ibrox.
Paul on the other hand has never been a favourite of mine (albeit captain) I genuinely don't know if I have ever seen a softer centre half in my cream puff. a serious rebuild in the summer required.

Lewis may be coming to the end of his first pick Hibs career...but this “legs gone” stuff is nonsense...exaggerated and doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny

Mackie has a wand of a left foot, but is not half the player that Lewis still is....

Certainly agree with your defensive rebuild point tbf....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sgt. Hartman
04-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Lewis may be coming to the end of his first pick Hibs career...but this “legs gone” stuff is nonsense...exaggerated and doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny

Mackie has a wand of a left foot, but is not half the player that Lewis still is....

Certainly agree with your defensive rebuild point tbf....

Yeah maybe the legs gone was a little strong, as I still believe he could probably do a job with a lower team in the top flight. In terms of Mackie I don't think he would have been much worse than Lewis this season given opportunity this year.

With all that being said we need much better quality from the left hand side of our team as Stevenson and Horgan just are not good enough. Desperately need Newall back ASAP!

bigwheel
04-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Yeah maybe the legs gone was a little strong, as I still believe he could probably do a job with a lower team in the top flight. In terms of Mackie I don't think he would have been much worse than Lewis this season given opportunity this year.

With all that being said we need much better quality from the left hand side of our team as Stevenson and Horgan just are not good enough. Desperately need Newall back ASAP!

Mackie’s performance at parkhead earlier this season made Lewis look like Andy Robertson....Mackie can’t defend..

Newall will be first choice when fit...