PDA

View Full Version : tonights tactics

familyman
03-03-2020, 09:05 PM
high balls all night, second to everything and a disgrace.
Boyle only player worth credit.
Stevenson and Hanlon looked like they had never played in a derby..panic panic..
IF Mr Ross thinks the first half was ok think again
I think Hearts could have scored 5 the way we set up was a shocker..second to every ballad only won team wanted to win that was clear!
:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

JammyDoidger
03-03-2020, 09:10 PM
Stevenson and Hanlon looked like they had never played in a derby..panic panic..
I think Hearts could have scored 5 the way we set up was a shocker..second to every ballad only won team wanted to win that was clear!

Stevenson looked like a youngster playing his first derby. The way he plays is like he is a right footed right back playing at left back..always checking back. Useless option now. Same goes for hanlon, Mcgregor, Gray, they're all past it. How we let Efe ambrose sign for LIVI I'll never know.

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2020, 09:13 PM
sade as much on another thread, ******* baffling punting high balls, horrible to watch

Chorley Hibee
03-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Tactics???? Don't make me laugh, looked more like 11 guys that had just met up for a kick around 10 mins before the start.

Also, I held out hope that they would have been told exactly what was expected of them at half time (after a thoroughly insipid first 45 mins), but low and behold - we actually managed to trump that pathetic first 45 minutes with a truly ****ing rancid 2nd half!

Since452
03-03-2020, 09:15 PM
One team got theirs spot on. Pressed us all over the park, got the first goal then picked us off

murray26
03-03-2020, 09:16 PM
As I said on another thread no plan B

Swedish hibee
03-03-2020, 09:16 PM
How many balls were passed to open air tonight? It was like none of them knew each other. I'm completely blindsided by just how s*ite we were.

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 09:19 PM
There didn't seem to be any.

seanshow
03-03-2020, 09:21 PM
The right team won we were utter gash!

hibbytam
03-03-2020, 09:45 PM
Shape was all wrong. We can't have Lewis as our main threat on the left, because it meant hearts were able to double and triple up on Boyle. Also we needed another body in midfield, there was no one offering an easy out ball or offering a pass, which led to us playing long balls to no one. It's 100% on Ross for not changing shape at least at half time.

Nicho87
03-03-2020, 09:48 PM
Ross has no plan B.

Simply hoped that sending them out at half time things would suddenly change.

We were so predictable in any time we did pick the ball up in behind their midfield. Give it to Boyle. While he is our best threat, there has to be another option. Absolutely ridiculous he didn’t see the danger and change it at half time. Going to a flat back 4 was the obvious choice.

Onceinawhile
03-03-2020, 09:49 PM
We literally changed from 352 to 442. How can we say there's no plan b?

Players were terrible tonight.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2020, 09:51 PM
We didn't have any tactics or if we did then we certainly didn't stick to them.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 09:51 PM
Imagine thinking we had tactics :faf:

I actually don't think I've ever seen a Hibs team so devoid of a plan. Can anyone help me?

percy veer
03-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Were there any?

Weegreenman
03-03-2020, 09:53 PM
Tonight was always going to be a battle. It’s a right pity our manager wasn’t aware of this. He must take the blame. Embarrassing to say the least and it’ll cost us plenty bums on seats at Hampden.

**** off Hibs!

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 09:56 PM
Shape was all wrong. We can't have Lewis as our main threat on the left, because it meant hearts were able to double and triple up on Boyle. Also we needed another body in midfield, there was no one offering an easy out ball or offering a pass, which led to us playing long balls to no one. It's 100% on Ross for not changing shape at least at half time.

100% agree. He didn't even think to change things when it was obvious he needed to do so.

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2020, 09:57 PM
Maybe the high press works and we don’t like it?

emerald green
I've no idea what Hibs tactics were tonight. Why do Hibs so often reserve their most inept performances against Hearts?

Maybe now some will realise that it's never a given which team is going to win a local derby, no matter what their respective league positions are.

Hermit Crab

We had tactics? :confused:

CyberSauzee
03-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Shape wasn't massively wrong when you consider their goals. A pen from a corner, a wonder goal and a breakaway goal that imo Rocky should have saved.

Disappointed that we never had one shot on target. JR will play 442 against them in semi. I doubt the left wing back will see much game time between now and Easter.

Hibee Mac
03-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Think some credit has to go to Heart's tactics and their role in how awful we were. We had no answer to their press and I hate to say it but it worked a charm for them.

GRA
03-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Thought we could turn them over like we did ICT as their performance v Sevco was a one off... well that's how it looked anyway! Never got going.

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2020, 10:01 PM
Think some credit has to go to Heart's tactics and their role in how awful we were. We had no answer to their press and I hate to say it but it worked a charm for them.

No doubt about it - they were swarming all around us. No time on the ball, 2 and 3 players pressing. Our boys didn’t like it - players like Allen, Docherty and Omeonga are good enough to play 1 and 2 touch stuff and beat the press but they were miles off the pace tonight.

wookie70
03-03-2020, 10:11 PM

Agreed. On the few occasions we did get the ball down they had two or three players swarming the ball and we just were nowhere near good enough. I think the high ball was an attempt to take their forward players who were pressing completely out of the game but their centre halves held their positions and simply out fought and outplayed Doidge and the abject McNulty. I would have tried to get Boyle running into the corners chasing longer balls as we never had the skill to knock it about. Whittaker would have been the perfect player for a night like tonight. Quick feet and sees a pass early. The tactics were honking but I would question how long it took Ross to act and how he he managed to put a team out that showed so little effort and character. Heck got slaughtered for far less. The semi is massive now and they will have their tails up. The only positive I can take if that Gullane will get a run of games now and I think he looks better than McNulty. What we do if one of the strikers gets injured I don't know.

Hiber-nation
03-03-2020, 10:14 PM
It was nothing to do with tactics, the players didn't have the bottle to try to keep possession. It was like the Livi game away, going got tough so the midfield disappeared.

I'm Spartacus
03-03-2020, 10:15 PM
At home V THEM and we have ONE SHOT ON TARGET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a disgrace

BlackSheep
03-03-2020, 10:16 PM

Did we? Or was Stevenson just playing like a left back!!!!

BlackSheep
03-03-2020, 10:18 PM
It was nothing to do with tactics, the players didn't have the bottle to try to keep possession. It was like the Livi game away, going got tough so the midfield disappeared.

As much as I know I’ll get slated for it... Slivka recently seemed to be the only composed player in the middle, but his inconsistency is what kills his game. Docherty and Omeonga were a bit out of tune tonight... perhaps we should have started with Slivka or Whitty in centre mid... as much as I like Omeonga I think his energy more merits him being an impact player.

I'm Spartacus
03-03-2020, 10:19 PM

3-5-2 to 4-4-2 is one player droppng back probably deeper than we would like as we got pressed to ******, its hardly PLAN B

bigwheel
03-03-2020, 10:20 PM
As much as I know I’ll get slated for it... Slivka recently seemed to be the only composed player in the middle, but his inconsistency is what kills his game. Docherty and Omeonga were a bit out of tune tonight... perhaps we should have started with Slivka or Whitty in centre mid... as much as I like Omeonga I think his energy more merits him being an impact player.

Tbh. It’s hard to not be open to anyone being better than those who played tonight ..but in reality, Slivka has rarely played a decent 90 Minutes in all his games - the likelihood of him making much of a difference in the battle that was there tonight is very low ...he is not the solution

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:22 PM
Imagine thinking we had tactics :faf:

I actually don't think I've ever seen a Hibs team so devoid of a plan. Can anyone help me?

Have you wiped the hibs team that was relegated from your memory or what?

They had less of a plan by some distance

rcarter1
03-03-2020, 10:25 PM
Maybe the high press works and we don’t like it?

Agree, and I hope Jack Ross has the smarts to address it.

percy veer
03-03-2020, 10:26 PM
Have you wiped the hibs team that was relegated from your memory or what?

They had less of a plan by some distance

Still managed a win at Easter road against them though

500miles
03-03-2020, 10:26 PM
We created better chances when we had 2 wingers on the pitch, but were chasing the game by that point, leaving gaps. Hopefully a lesson in time for the semi final.

Horgan is so frustrating. Can run out of a ruck of players with the ball like a superstar, and then look like a mug taking a basic touch. I think in terms of raw product, he's good for games where you want to stretch the opposition like tonight.

dmc1875
03-03-2020, 10:27 PM
He does have a plan B, he’s got it wrong in several games this season already and had to change it at half time.

Didn’t tonight though until we went behind

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2020, 10:29 PM
sade as much on another thread, ******* baffling punting high balls, horrible to watch

You smooth operator you ;)

Geo_1875
03-03-2020, 10:37 PM

Should have been prepared for it. Stendel has been telling everyone how he wants them to play. Every player interview telling us how they're training for the high-pressing game. Does nobody at Hibs watch the TV? Still disappointed with our players though. They were slow and clumsy all night.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2020, 10:48 PM
You could see after 10 minutes hearts were all over us and had already won the midfield battle. JR done nothing to counteract that. Criminal.

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:51 PM
You could see after 10 minutes hearts were all over us and had already won the midfield battle. JR done nothing to counteract that. Criminal.

Hunt the ball down in numbers, attack in numbers.

It’s really that straight forward

They looked a lot fitter than us as well

Hermit Crab
03-03-2020, 10:55 PM
We could end up bottom 6 playing like tonight.

heid the baw

That is exactly how I saw it. Stevenson given acres of space in the first half because they knew he was not going to do anything with it. Boyle was stifled but still got a few decent balls in and the strikers were not sharp enough to do anything with it.
Stupid penalty to give away and once they got ahead we had no plan B.
The boxing day game was the most insipid hearts Derby performance I had seen, I think tonight the team expected more of the same.
Hibs are a jekyll and hyde team at the minute. Hopefully we sort it at Hampden. At least we will go into it as underdogs. Maybe that's a good thing.

Hermit Crab
Hunt the ball down in numbers, attack in numbers.

It’s really that straight forward

They looked a lot fitter than us as well

Mental eh. They only played on Saturday night. We had an extra days rest...

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Mental eh. They only played on Saturday night. We had an extra days rest...

Yep. Heard John Collins talking about it after the game.

It wasn’t until I actually thought about the game I realised how fit they looked. I was still waiting for them to drop off the time their 3rd went in

Their pressing was relentless and forced us into playing the long ball all night, exactly the way we should be looking to play.