PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross: Embarrassing

Pages : [1] 2

Spike Mandela
03-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Jack That was simply the most embarassing performance home to Hearts I can remember. Get it sorted mate.

Unseen work
03-03-2020, 08:58 PM
That wasn’t down to him, that was all the players and they need to take responsibility.

The Tubs
03-03-2020, 08:58 PM
For a 54 year old, you have a short memory.

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2020, 08:59 PM
That wasn’t down to him, that was all the players and they need to take responsibility.

Everyone does surely? Players, coaching staff, all need to take a look at themselves after that

Zazu62
03-03-2020, 09:01 PM
If he loses the semi final he can gtf

Steve20
03-03-2020, 09:01 PM
Every single one of them. Management and players need to take responsibility for that. But Jack Ross shouldn’t be let off. It was pathetic and if we don’t win that semi final, they can **** off, every one of them.

sean04
03-03-2020, 09:02 PM
Jack That was simply the most embarassing performance home to Hearts I can remember. Get it sorted mate.

You obviously weren’t around in the 80s and 90s

CMurdoch
03-03-2020, 09:02 PM

:faf: they don't like it up 'em

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 09:03 PM

When was worse at home? Riordan sending off game maybe but they where at the height of cheating at the time. They didn’t sit bottom of the ****ing league either and they hadn’t just won at Easter road twice in the season for the first time in 25 years.

BoyledEgg

🤡

MWHIBBIES
I said early on I had a bad feeling about him. I definitely have a bad feeling now. Utterly clueless tonight. Definitely his fault.

hibee92

😂😂😂

tamig
03-03-2020, 09:04 PM

Absolutely. Half the team never showed up tonight. Very disappointing.

The 90+2

20 and 30 years ago? When was hearts bottom of the table ripping the pish our us in that time?

murray26
No plan B by the looks of things..

The Tubs
03-03-2020, 09:05 PM
When was worse at home? Riordan sending off game maybe but they where at the height of cheating at the time. They didn’t sit bottom of the ****ing league either and they hadn’t just won at Easter road twice in the season for the first time in 25 years.

Calderwood and Duffy had short spells but Miller was there for a long time.

He’s also got a 50% record, which allows us to give him a break.

neil7908
03-03-2020, 09:06 PM
😂😂😂

Why's that laughable? We got slaughtered tonight by the worst team in the league. If he can't motivate his players for the semi then why would we trust him after the shambles tonight?

Spike Mandela
03-03-2020, 09:06 PM

I was. I found tonight a really embarrassing performance.pleased for you that you can put it in context of the 80's performances.

tamig
03-03-2020, 09:07 PM

I remember 3 and 4s at home in the 90s. They were a lot worse than tonight. Main difference for me about tonight is that I know these players are more than capable of beating them. Too many were just off it tonight.

JammyDoidger
03-03-2020, 09:08 PM
It's guys like Hanlon and Stevenson that should hang their heads in shame. Hanlon is never a captain and Stevenson is absolutely hopeless. These boys need replaced.

CB_NO3
03-03-2020, 09:08 PM

Doughnut

Swedish hibee
03-03-2020, 09:09 PM
What the hell did he say at half time? We were so much worse, and we were poor in the 1st half. The players & manager both had an absolute shOcker.

Since452
03-03-2020, 09:10 PM
The worst Hearts team in my 35 years just tore us a new one at home. Three league wins and two of them at Easter Road but tonight was the worst. Questions need asked of Ross after that.

The Tubs
It's guys like Hanlon and Stevenson that should hang their heads in shame. Hanlon is never a captain and Stevenson is absolutely hopeless. These boys need replaced.

I must say that Newell gives us a completely different dimension. For this reason, I’m now disappointed when Stevenson’s getting a game.

Frankhfc

A good number of us on here were around then and prior to. Tonight was as bad as I can remember, it was a shocker. Here's hoping that some of the other posters are right and that surely we can't be as poor in the semi final.

Hibs4185
03-03-2020, 09:14 PM

If you had said embarrassing I would whole heartedly agree but jack Ross embarrassing is pushing it.

2nd is 3rd bottom when he came in and now pushing for Europe and SV semi. Jack Ross has hardly been embarrassing.

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 09:14 PM
A good number of us on here were around then and prior to. Tonight was as bad as I can remember, it was a shocker. Here's hoping that some of the other posters are right and that surely we can't be as poor in the semi final.

I've seen some awful performances but from poor teams. Tonight was up there and made worse by the fact we have on paper better players.

SeanWilson
03-03-2020, 09:16 PM
If you had said embarrassing I would whole heartedly agree but jack Ross embarrassing is pushing it.

2nd is 3rd bottom when he came in and now pushing for Europe and SV semi. Jack Ross has hardly been embarrassing.

Putting a first team out and clicking is one thing... He does that well quite often. He's not a clue how to change a game in our favour though - show me one example.

Unseen work
03-03-2020, 09:16 PM
I've seen some awful performances but from poor teams. Tonight was up there and made worse by the fact we have on paper better players.

Do we have better players on paper?

I’m unsure

Boyce
Naismith
Halkett
Hickey
Washington
Smith

All of them would start or be competing for a starting place for us imo

Unseen work
03-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Putting a first team out and clicking is one thing... He does that well quite often. He's not a clue how to change a game in our favour though - show me one example.

Losing 1-0 to Hamilton, makes 2 changes at half time and win the game 2-1.

The Tubs
03-03-2020, 09:18 PM

Were we not getting beat by Hamilton till the subs made the difference?

sean04
20 and 30 years ago? When was hearts bottom of the table ripping the pish our us in that time?

Hearts used to regularly show up and Easter road and smash is worse than tonight

Speedway
Unfortunately, without knee jerk or anger, that was one of the worst.

I’m not even all the angry, the yam weren’t lucky, the ref wasn’t bent.

It simply wasn’t a contest.

sean04
03-03-2020, 09:20 PM
I was. I found tonight a really embarrassing performance.pleased for you that you can put it in context of the 80's performances.

We have definitely been worse

SeanWilson
03-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Losing 1-0 to Hamilton, makes 2 changes at half time and win the game 2-1.

Show me two 🤣🤣

Spike Mandela
03-03-2020, 09:21 PM

Let me clear up the context here. I am saying to Jack Ross.. that was embarrassing tonight..., get it sorted

stantonhibby
03-03-2020, 09:21 PM

Yep....sadly you are correct

The Tubs
03-03-2020, 09:24 PM
Let me clear up the context here. I am saying to Jack Ross.. that was embarrassing tonight..., get it sorted

Correct use of punctuation goes a long way. However, I understand it’s derby day.

Eats, shoots and scores. Pity we didn’t get that from Doidge today.

Crab apple

I’m unsure

Boyce
Naismith
Halkett
Hickey
Washington
Smith

The league table would suggest we do. Which makes tonight's performance even harder to take.

JammyDoidger
I must say that Newell gives us a completely different dimension. For this reason, I’m now disappointed when Stevenson’s getting a game.

Totally. The least you expect from Stevenson is to defend well, he can't even do that. He is murder in attack and is now murder in defence. Absoloutely gutted about that tonight. That's worse than any hampden defeat for me. They're on their knees and we've probably just gave them the push they needed in order to stay up.

MacGruber
Don't know why everyone laughing at sone of the Ross comments. If he loses the semi he can go for me too. Losing to Hearts at home is one thing - we were destroyed.
Personally I think the only thing to be decided in the Scottish cup is if it is Celtic or Aberdeen Hearts are playing in the final. It's a done deal. Was as soon as it was drawn - owned

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 09:25 PM

Top post. No fight and no leadership.

FitbaFolkKen
03-03-2020, 09:25 PM
His comments are pretty poor.

Hibernian head coach Jack Ross: "You can't down play the soreness of losing a game like this. It means an awful lot to people that come to watch the club and people that are associated with the club.

"It hurts and it stings, but in terms of the bigger picture it's very easy to get caught up in the extremes of the emotion in football. That's what we've got to make sure we don't do."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 09:26 PM
I remember 3 and 4s at home in the 90s. They were a lot worse than tonight. Main difference for me about tonight is that I know these players are more than capable of beating them. Too many were just off it tonight.

Back then they had a better team than us though. Tonight they could have won 4 or 5 and sit bottom of the table. It’s the worst performance that’s ever been put in at Easter road in a derby. Grant ****ing holt playing tonight would at least collapse trying.

loanheadhibby

I’m unsure

Boyce
Naismith
Halkett
Hickey
Washington
Smith

Completely agree. They’ve sadly got better players than us. They pay bigger salaries and have better players. Bossed us all over the place tonight.

1 8 7 5
Don't know why everyone laughing at sone of the Ross comments. If he loses the semi he can go for me too. Losing to Hearts at home is one thing - we were destroyed.
Personally I think the only thing to be decided in the Scottish cup is if it is Celtic or Aberdeen Hearts are playing in the final. It's a done deal. Was as soon as it was drawn - owned

So why do you bother?

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 09:28 PM
Hearts used to regularly show up and Easter road and smash is worse than tonight

When sitting bottom of the table fighting relegation or was it the other way about and they where better?

cabbageandribs1875

Hibernian head coach Jack Ross: "You can't down play the soreness of losing a game like this. It means an awful lot to people that come to watch the club and people that are associated with the club.

"It hurts and it stings, but in terms of the bigger picture it's very easy to get caught up in the extremes of the emotion in football. That's what we've got to make sure we don't do."

copy and paste after the semi final

IWasThere2016

This.

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Completely agree. They’ve sadly got better players than us. They pay bigger salaries and have better players. Bossed us all over the place tonight.

But they are second bottom of the league and have only won four league games this season. They beat us tonight because we weren't up for it like they were and our manager was tactically outthought.

madhatter
03-03-2020, 09:30 PM

Those comments are rubbish - deflecting away from how awful his team played. Being honest, this season how many times have we played teams of the park? It is very rare. Let's be honest we are a mid table club as it is. We are currently asking average players to punch above their weight and I think for most they cant do it.

Greenworld
03-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Nothing to do with the manager the players were complacent never gave them the respect good luck in the semis I'll be in a dark room.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Springbank
03-03-2020, 09:40 PM
Nothing to do with the manager the players were complacent never gave them the respect good luck in the semis I'll be in a dark room.

Everything to do with the manager

Slow out the traps
Failing to sub omeonga at ht
Persisting with marciano when bogdan is on the bench
No fight, no passion, no leadership

One Day Soon
03-03-2020, 09:41 PM

'destroyed' - that's some hyperbole right there. Self-destructed maybe. The take-away here is not that they were great, it's that we spectacularly failed to even show up. They were actually playing for a draw until we gift wrapped it all for them.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2020, 09:45 PM
He stood and watched without trying to change anything. We were all over the place and he never tried to change the shape or impact the game.

And he needed to improve the defence in the window but didn’t bother doing so.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2020, 09:46 PM

Of course it’s something to do with him.

A good manager sorts that out at half time. We were crap in the first half and got away with being level at half time. We came out and were worse.

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 09:48 PM
He stood and watched without trying to change anything. We were all over the place and he never tried to change the shape or impact the game.

In a nutshell. You'd have to ask him why he thought Ambrose wouldn't improve that defence.

Cardinal G
03-03-2020, 09:49 PM

Haway Spike we've seen plenty worse during 80s and 90s.
We will have our day at Hampden, I'm saying that more in hope than belief at the moment mind.

Chip shop Joe
03-03-2020, 09:51 PM
I said early on I had a bad feeling about him. I definitely have a bad feeling now. Utterly clueless tonight. Definitely his fault.

Not sure how it is his fault when EVERY Hibs player was absolutely terrible. Nothing to do with tactics just outplayed and out fought all over the park! If he is being blamed he is the 12th in line (maybe 11th ahead of Marciano).

Hopefully a lesson learned.

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2020, 09:55 PM
I see what he’s saying - it’s always the same after a derby loss or draw, sack the manager etc - it’s all emotional, not rational thought.

Easier for him not to say it and probably better for him cos now folk will hold it against him and pull it out every time we don’t win.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2020, 09:57 PM
Not sure how it is his fault when EVERY Hibs player was absolutely terrible. Nothing to do with tactics just outplayed and out fought all over the park! If he is being blamed he is the 12th in line (maybe 11th ahead of Marciano).

So by that logic, it’ll never be anything to do with him when we win? That’ll just be down to the players as well?

The Harp Awakes
03-03-2020, 09:58 PM
The truth is they bullied us all over the park from start to finish. We no longer have a Bartley to stand up to them.

Ross has won a lot of plaudits for turning around our fortunes and rightly so, but he's been brought right back down to earth with a bump tonight. The way the players started both halfs in front of a big home crowd was completely unacceptable and the Manager must take some of the blame for that. Looked like they weren't properly prepared for the game.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 09:58 PM

Stendl got a lot more out of poorer players. That why it's Rosses fault. He had zero plan.

Chip shop Joe
03-03-2020, 09:59 PM
The players win and lose games, not a manager.

He may be at fault but no more so than the players who were comprehensively outplayed all over the park!

Chip shop Joe
03-03-2020, 10:02 PM
Stendl got a lot more out of poorer players. That why it's Rosses fault. He had zero plan.

Not the fact that Hearts players out played us?

There is only so much a manager can do.

percy veer
03-03-2020, 10:02 PM

Agree, a captain should be vocal in the refs face not once did hanlon raise his voice

hfc rd
03-03-2020, 10:03 PM
In a nutshell. You'd have to ask him why he thought Ambrose wouldn't improve that defence.

Something I cannot seem to get my head around if the opportunity was there to bring Efe back, why didn’t we? In the most recent game against Livingston, he was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

tamig
03-03-2020, 10:03 PM
The players win and lose games, not a manager.

He may be at fault but no more so than the players who were comprehensively outplayed all over the park!

And half of them never even turned up. Allan and Docherty were well short, Omeonga tried, the front two were poor and Lewis was as bad as I’ve seen him. You have no chance when that happens.

I'm Spartacus
03-03-2020, 10:05 PM
Some of the comments here are more embarrassing than the result!

The only won that I can agree with is "We didn't seem to have a plan b", the players shat it tonight - simples.

Chip shop Joe
03-03-2020, 10:07 PM
And half of them never even turned up. Allan and Docherty were well short, Omeonga tried, the front two were poor and Lewis was as bad as I’ve seen him. You have no chance when that happens.

Totally agree. The whole team was anonymous tonight. You can have the best game plan in the world but if the players don’t fancy it or get outplayed you have no chance.

He tried changing it. Allan was absymal and was hooked as was McNulty. But Hearts just wanted it more, which was very sad to see.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 10:09 PM
Not the fact that Hearts players out played us?

There is only so much a manager can do.

Well ours was miles away from doing enough tonight

Chip shop Joe
03-03-2020, 10:10 PM
No blame for the players, who actually lost us the game? All Jack’s fault?

Allez Hibs
03-03-2020, 10:12 PM
What if Jack Ross loses the Semi Final and we are a bottom 6 team?:dunno:

Callum_62
03-03-2020, 10:13 PM
What if Jack Ross loses the Semi Final and we are a bottom 6 team?:dunno:Given where he started off from I'd say we expected to be bottom 6 and not reach a semi final.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
03-03-2020, 10:14 PM
Some of the comments here are more embarrassing than the result!

The only won that I can agree with is "We didn't seem to have a plan b", the players shat it tonight - simples.

I agree but so did Clancy with not sending Halkett off... at 0-1 that would’ve changed the game entirely.

vahibbie
03-03-2020, 10:14 PM
'destroyed' - that's some hyperbole right there. Self-destructed maybe. The take-away here is not that they were great, it's that we spectacularly failed to even show up. They were actually playing for a draw until we gift wrapped it all for them.

After 10 minutes no way were they playing for a draw. They sussed us out quickly and beat us to damn near every ball. Sorry to say there was only one team going to win that game and it wasn't us.

bingo70
03-03-2020, 10:16 PM
No blame for the players, who actually lost us the game? All Jack’s fault?

No blame for the players? Have you read the thread or the message board?

Players are getting plenty criticism but that doesn’t make Ross immune from it. Ross got so much wrong tonight and his inability to change it when it was obvious we were getting battered in midfield just compounded his poor day at the office.

Nobody is calling for him to be sacked but he didn’t motivate the players, pick the right team or change it when it needed changed.

Ross will get plenty opportunity to make up for that tonight but he’s deserving of the criticism he’s getting tonight, that was a shambles.

Foritza
03-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Post Match interview - Jack Ross was asked 'Were you surprised at the way Hearts played?" Answer 'No we knew how they would Play" .Sure as hell did not look it. Back four was probably the worst perfomance I have seen. Midfield far too slow not athletic enough wanted too much time on the ball Never won a second ball and overall too short in height to compete. Forwards McNulty and Doidge offered nothing . McNulty is a big dissapointment, Offers nothing,gives nothing.and can leave for nothing.Doidge well he was Doidge tonight.Boyle always looked capable but not enough play fed through him.

Weir07
03-03-2020, 10:22 PM

Spot on mate, we were the architects of our own downfall tonight, Hearts didn't have to play that well to win, thought the pass from Jackson to Docherty was criminal for the second goal. Always thought set pieces were Hearts best chance and so it proved for the first. They worked hard but not a lot of skill or guile, we had a bad day at the office.

The Harp Awakes
03-03-2020, 10:24 PM
I agree but so did Clancy with not sending Halkett off... at 0-1 that would’ve changed the game entirely.

Clancy was about to give Halkett a yellow for the foul on Doidge then realised he was already on a card, and stopped himself in his tracks. He also bottled out of giving Naismith a 2nd yellow for a shocking tackle at the end. He's easily the worst ref of the lot, but the blame for the defeat lies with Hibs and Jack Ross - outfought and outhought.

One Day Soon
03-03-2020, 10:25 PM
After 10 minutes no way were they playing for a draw. They sussed us out quickly and beat us to damn near every ball. Sorry to say there was only one team going to win that game and it wasn't us.

Their plan was to break up the play, slow the game down, stop us from playing football and hope to catch us on the break. They would have been delighted with a draw. Then we started collectively and individually playing zombie football and just walked them into the game. Have some space. Have free possession. Have lots of time to pick your pass. Have lots of second phase ball wins. Have all the delaying tactics you want to slow down the game. Have lots of opportunities to catch us dawdling on the ball.

It was a horror show of a performance from us.

Speedway
03-03-2020, 10:29 PM
For me, a captain’s level of accountability here from Docherty:

https://youtu.be/RuAL6L9oiRQ

Chip shop Joe
03-03-2020, 10:30 PM
No blame for the players? Have you read the thread or the message board?

Players are getting plenty criticism but that doesn’t make Ross immune from it. Ross got so much wrong tonight and his inability to change it when it was obvious we were getting battered in midfield just compounded his poor day at the office.

Nobody is calling for him to be sacked but he didn’t motivate the players, pick the right team or change it when it needed changed.

Ross will get plenty opportunity to make up for that tonight but he’s deserving of the criticism he’s getting tonight, that was a shambles.

Was replying to another poster and did not hit reply!

Didn’t pick the right team? Who would you have had? That was a winning team and our strongest? Not sure I saw anyone questioning it before the game?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing we were out fought and out played, pure and simple.

The shambles were the players. Ross deserves criticism but is way down the queue for it.

hibs4life
03-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Their plan was to break up the play, slow the game down, stop us from playing football and hope to catch us on the break. They would have been delighted with a draw. Then we started collectively and individually playing zombie football and just walked them into the game. Have some space. Have free possession. Have lots of time to pick your pass. Have lots of second phase ball wins. Have all the delaying tactics you want to slow down the game. Have lots of opportunities to catch us dawdling on the ball.

It was a horror show of a performance from us.

Agree - but also add in that we never seemed to try to play through them and went long, hoping for Doidge flick ons, etc. McNulty was making runs and not being picked out. The midfield really struggled tonight and when that happens, the rest of the team generally does too.

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:35 PM

Yep.

Paul Hanlon’s never a captain in his life.

One Day Soon
03-03-2020, 10:43 PM
I'd like a captain whose leadership, ambition and determination for the club seeps from every word, every facial expression, all his body language and every minute of time spent on the park. Not every player can show that but a genuine captain absolutely has to.

Baader
03-03-2020, 10:58 PM
Don't even think about rolling over in this semi final. Hibs have a lot of making up to do after such an abject performance. Have seen worse defeats usually with poor sides. This lot aren't a poor side, they didn't apply themselves and that's inexcusable. Tonight was embarrassing.

eastcoasthibby
03-03-2020, 11:02 PM
What the hell did he say at half time? We were so much worse, and we were poor in the 1st half. The players & manager both had an absolute shOcker.

According to his interview he didn't think there was much in it first half ....???!!! We played in flashes or similar words the way can ...but not enough ! Told them to go out and to go do the things we are good at ....got the impression at half time he wasn't too concerned about our performance !! Apart from creating nothing and not controlling the midfield ...that the least he should have been saying was he wanted them to up the pace and desire ...

OstKurve Hibs
03-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Agree, a captain should be vocal in the refs face not once did hanlon raise his voice

Hanlons a *****in pussycat, gets bullied and cant handle it or give some back, hes not the only one, they got in our faces tonight and once again our players shat themselves,
A lot of them should do the honourable thing and gtf,
It's all very well beating the "lesser teams", but when the goin gets tough I dont see any of our players rolling the sleeves up n getting stuck in, they go into a shell like some frightened puppy and accept defeat, spineless gutless and pathetic,

tamig
03-03-2020, 11:07 PM
Don't even think about rolling over in this semi final. Hibs have a lot of making up to do after such an abject performance. Have seen worse defeats usually with poor sides. This lot aren't a poor side, they didn't apply themselves and that's inexcusable. Tonight was embarrassing.

Exactly the way I see it. The players are due us big time in the semi. No excuses.

BroxburnHibee
03-03-2020, 11:08 PM
Something I cannot seem to get my head around if the opportunity was there to bring Efe back, why didn’t we? In the most recent game against Livingston, he was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Has anyone considered that perhaps Efe wasnt interested in playing for Hibs again?

tamig
03-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Has anyone considered that perhaps Efe wasnt interested in playing for Hibs again?

Or that we weren’t interested in signing him?

madhatter
03-03-2020, 11:14 PM

Easy to say when you are on loan and likely knowing this is a short term arrangement without any future - I could easily stand there saying the stuff he has. That's part of the problem at the club too many loans and too many signings that just don't fit a playing ethos. Club and the players need to finally realise talk is cheap.

Ross' post match on HibsTV is really poor as well. Far too matter of fact. He almost could have just said "oh well, that's life".

edinburghhibee
03-03-2020, 11:36 PM
Easy to say when you are on loan and likely knowing this is a short term arrangement without any future - I could easily stand there saying the stuff he has. That's part of the problem at the club too many loans and too many signings that just don't fit a playing ethos. Club and the players need to finally realise talk is cheap.

Ross' post match on HibsTV is really poor as well. Far too matter of fact. He almost could have just said "oh well, that's life".

Greg has been fantastic for us since arriving if we had permanent players of his energy drive and will to win we would be a smashing team so your dig at too many loans is ridiculous in my opinion.

My concern is more that Hanlon is our Captain tonight why isn’t he in front of the cameras?? Why are none of our permanent players in front of the cameras. If we can convince Greg to sign a contract with us in the summer (sorting out a fee with the huns too) then I’ll be more than happy the mans a born leader and fair play to him coming out and saying what he had because I’m certain he doesn’t need too.

Shocking performance tonight tho absolutely gutted at that. That was a team bottom of the league and the beat us to every single ball. They wanted it more we shat the bed big time.

madhatter
03-03-2020, 11:46 PM
Greg has been fantastic for us since arriving if we had permanent players of his energy drive and will to win we would be a smashing team so your dig at too many loans is ridiculous in my opinion.

My concern is more that Hanlon is our Captain tonight why isn’t he in front of the cameras?? Why are none of our permanent players in front of the cameras. If we can convince Greg to sign a contract with us in the summer (sorting out a fee with the huns too) then I’ll be more than happy the mans a born leader and fair play to him coming out and saying what he had because I’m certain he doesn’t need too.

Shocking performance tonight tho absolutely gutted at that. That was a team bottom of the league and the beat us to every single ball. They wanted it more we shat the bed big time.

I'm confused, you criticise my "dig" at too many loans by saying that if we had permanent players with the same drive as Docherty we would be a smashing team. How does this make my "dig" at too many loans ridiculous? We've had to fill our squad with Docherty and Omeonga as we didn't/couldn't sign permanent players (of their drive or otherwise). The chances of Docherty wanting to sign for us permanently is very slim. Again, making my loan criticism valid, cannot keep getting Omeonga and McNulty back on loan every season.

Who cares who stands in front of a camera? I want my captain to be screaming on the park and pointing at people when they aren't doing their jobs. In that aspect Docherty isn't captain material either. Stevenson stood in front of cameras saying "we're really disappointed, it isn't good enough" in an interview after Rangers (I think), does that make him captain material? No. Talk off the pitch is worth nothing.

mcfly
04-03-2020, 12:01 AM
He has a chance to redeem himself at hampden.

Lose that and I think a lot of fans will lose faith in him.

But after tonight’s lesson I worry for us at hampden.

Very disappointing

givescotlandfreedom
04-03-2020, 01:18 AM
Pathetic. Ross needs to take responsibility - they should never ever win at ER.

That clueless manager should have been smashed there's not excuse for that lot tonight.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-03-2020, 04:58 AM
Listened to his reaction on Sportsound.
Not too sure what I make of that maybe it’s one thing for the media and another for the players.
Not sure how he can be ok with that first half left alone second. I don’t want our manager to lose the plot but I found his interview lacking in passion he could have been analysing some random game he wasn’t even involved in. That remoteness I’m not too sure about.

Stokesy's on fire
04-03-2020, 05:40 AM
Last nights game should have been target practice for us but na we didn't seen interested.

Since452
04-03-2020, 05:41 AM
We turned up with the same mindset we had against a woeful ICT. It's a ****ing derby. Win the battle first then you have a chance of winning the game. Bunch of wetwipes.

FilipinoHibs
04-03-2020, 06:03 AM
We turned up with the same mindset we had against a woeful ICT. It's a ****ing derby. Win the battle first then you have a chance of winning the game. Bunch of wetwipes.

We lost from the first kick of the ball. Lost all the second and third balls all night. We panicked with their high press and miss passed or tried to make killer passes. We needed to hang on to the ball and keep pocession to get a feel for the game and tire Hearts out.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 06:26 AM
Did not seem to be all that concerned in his post match interview

After all it was only three points

Almost Heckyesque

Lets see what happens on Saturday

Andy74
04-03-2020, 06:37 AM
If we manage to get rid of this manager then there’s little hope for us. We will lose football games in the future, sometimes ones we really should win.

The speed with which we turn on managers is pathetic.

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 06:39 AM
If we manage to get rid of this manager then there’s little hope for us. We will lose football games in the future, sometimes ones we really should win.

Absolutely spot on. Too many short term reactionary fans.

bingo70
04-03-2020, 06:41 AM

I don’t think anybody is suggesting Ross gets sacked?

Doesn’t make him immune from criticism though and he’s got to take responsibility for that shambles last night and not changing to soon enough when it clearly wasn’t working.

He’s had plenty praise when we’ve done well, last night was a bad night at the office for him though and he’s got to take his share of the responsibility for that.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 06:41 AM

Yup. The overreaction is unreal.

Dave spart
04-03-2020, 06:44 AM

Doesn’t make him immune from criticism though and he’s got to take responsibility for that shambles last night and not changing to soon enough when it clearly wasn’t working.

He’s had plenty praise when we’ve done well, last night was a bad night at the office for him though and he’s got to take his share of the responsibility for that.
Let’s face it. He got it completely wrong last night.

HibeeHibernian4
04-03-2020, 06:45 AM
Pathetic. Ross needs to take responsibility - they should never ever win at ER.

That clueless manager should have been smashed there's not excuse for that lot tonight.

That’s absurd. Of course they’re going to win games at Easter Road sometimes.

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 06:46 AM

To be fair in his Hibs tv you tube interview he did in terms of losing our shape and reaction after losing goals.

The Harp Awakes
04-03-2020, 06:57 AM

Almost Heckyesque

Yes, that was not happy listening. It was clear to everyone else at half time that they were outfighting us and something had to change. Allan and McNulty should have been hooked there and then as they were not at it at all. The 1st half was as unacceptable as the 2nd. We were rank rotten and it would be better if he just said it the way it was.

There's a worrying trend now of Hibs not getting up for big games. We've been mostly woeful against the OF and most Hearts games since Lennon left.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 07:25 AM
Absolutely spot on. Too man short term reactionary fans.

I often wonder how some people cope in their real lives. Particularly grown adults losing their **** at the drop of a hat.

One clown was walking out from the East last night screaming for Ross to get sacked and for Dempster the effing 'dyke' to ****** off...

A grown adult bringing someone's sexuality into play.

Embarrassing.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 07:26 AM

Almost Heckyesque

What made you think he wasn't concerned?

Last Minute
04-03-2020, 07:34 AM

I spoke to Graham Mathie at the AGM asking if we approached Efe and he shot me down straight away with a NO we don't need him we have enough experience at the back. I was going to take it further but I could see he wasn't impressed with me asking the question .

:fuming:

ScottB
04-03-2020, 07:46 AM
I think last night does raise questions about Ross, not because we lost, of course we will lose games, some of them against Hearts, but there is losing a hard fought contest, and there’s last night.

It’s his job to get the players prepared, get them up for the fight, choose the correct tactics, or at the least, change and adapt them if they don’t work. None of that happened last night, for one of the biggest games of our season. It’s fair to have questions of him after a performance that bad, certainly when he’s not been here long enough to have built up much credit.

That’s not say I’d be calling for his sacking by any means, but the honeymoon is over.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 07:49 AM
I spoke to Graham Mathie at the AGM asking if we approached Efe and he shot me down straight away with a NO we don't need him we have enough experience at the back. I was going to take it further but I could see he wasn't impressed with me asking the question .

:fuming:

So he answered your question at a busy event? Is that not a good thing?

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 08:02 AM
What made you think he wasn't concerned?

Body language and did not seem to be hurting enough seems too calm thought we were still in the game at half time :confused:

I suppose at 0-0 we were but my laddie who is a HIBS nut put £10 @ 3/1 on Hearts at half time to win

Does not seem to appreciate how much a local derby means to HIBS fans and the intensity of the fixture

Surprised there were no changes at Half time because a blind man could see that whatever his tactics were they weren’t working

Hearts were overrunning us in midfield and were first to every ball from kick off

Still happy to give him the benefit of the doubt at least he did not resort to slagging off individual players more poor choices decisions and application

Lets see what happens Saturday

bingo70
04-03-2020, 08:07 AM
To be fair in his Hibs tv you tube interview he did in terms of losing our shale and reaction after losing goals.

If he thinks it went wrong after they scored a goal I’m not sure he has learned many lessons at all.

Hearts were battering us before the penalty. We needed a change to strengthen the midfield, nothing to do with losing our shape after they scored.

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 08:10 AM
I like Jack Ross. My concern from last night is that I was relieved to get to ht at 0-0, but the 2nd half continued with the same pattern; nothing he said or did in the changing room altered the way the game was going. Hopefully he has learned something which will give us a different plan in the semi.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 08:12 AM
The biggest issue last night was you are only allowed to make 3 substitutions.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 08:14 AM
Body language and did not seem to be hurting enough seems too calm thought we were still in the game at half time :confused:

I suppose at 0-0 we were but my laddie who is a HIBS nut put £10 @ 3/1 on Hearts at half time to win

Does not seem to appreciate how much a local derby means to HIBS fans and the intensity of the fixture

Surprised there were no changes at Half time because a blind man could see that whatever his tactics were they weren’t working

Hearts were overrunning us in midfield and were first to every ball from kick off

Still happy to give him the benefit of the doubt at least he did not resort to slagging off individual players more poor choices decisions and application

Lets see what happens Saturday

Fair enough. I'm not a body language expert. Nor a mind reader. I'd hazard a guess though that he is concerned.

I understand some people like a manager frothing at the mouth in interviews. Doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.

So what do think should happen if we get beat on Saturday?

G B Young
04-03-2020, 08:16 AM

First time in 24 seasons they've won both league derbies at ER apparently.

The home side has failed to win any of the last seven derbies.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 08:17 AM
If he thinks it went wrong after they scored a goal I’m not sure he has learned many lessons at all.

Hearts were battering us before the penalty. We needed a change to strengthen the midfield, nothing to do with losing our shape after they scored.

I would not say they were "battering" us. That first half was simply awful and I was not impressed with either team. HT was the chance to sort it as we have players capable of easily doing better for whatever reason we continued in same manner and unfortunately we blinked first. After that we just failed to take the game to them as we had several players off.

G B Young
04-03-2020, 08:20 AM

Almost Heckyesque

I know what you mean. I find him a bit of an enigma. I'll hear him talk one week and think yep this guy's the business but last night, as you say, his reaction was Calderwood/Hecky-esque. Can only assume he doesn't want to throw the players under a bus bearing in mind he needs to get them up for the semi final.

jeffers
04-03-2020, 08:24 AM
I like Jack Ross, I think he's a good manager, but not a great one. He seems a very calm individual, folk thought Lennon was great 'cos he ranted and raved, that isn't Jack Ross. I'd be concerned if behind closed doors he isn't letting the players know that last night was totally unacceptable.

No doubt he got it wrong last night, but I thought his starting 11 was decent, he should however have changed it sooner when it clearly wasn't working, but looking at the bench I'm not sure he had many options. In hindsight Whittaker should have been on the bench. In his defence tho he couldn't have anticipated Docherty and Omeonga having probably the worst games they will ever play for us last night.

I remember an old manager of mine at work telling me it wasn't up to him to motivate me to do well, that should come from within. While football is obviously different if a player can't get up for a derby you have to question their mentality.

Tyler Durden
04-03-2020, 08:26 AM
Found it curious that his summary suggested things went wrong as we didn’t react to the first goal and lacked “clarity of thought”. Maybe he’s referring to Jackson’s free kick which led to the second goal and did cost us.

But for me we would have benefited from getting caught up in the occasion a bit. For example why not rag doll Hickey the odd time or steam into a challenge in midfield and take a yellow. It would help get the crowd/team going and also make them think twice. Instead we got bullied again and seemed surprised that they weren’t gonna give us time on the ball. Farcical

Hibs90
04-03-2020, 08:30 AM
One of Sunderland fans big grudges against him were his inability to change things..

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 08:40 AM
Fair enough. I'm not a body language expert. Nor a mind reader. I'd hazard a guess though that he is concerned.

I understand some people like a manager frothing at the mouth in interviews. Doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.

So what do think should happen if we get beat on Saturday?

Ah Ha!

That is the $64000 question

Too soon to sack him as we have a semi final and a top six place to fight for

I would suggest tying the players together putting on the goggles and trying the geggenpress up at East Mains

If you cant beat them join them :greengrin

Seriously though after last night if he did not already realise he had a big job on his hands he does now

Personally speaking I am not as confident about the outcome of the semi final now but a lot of football and improvement hopefully still to happen

GGTTH

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 08:43 AM
Ah Ha!

I would suggest tying the players together putting on the goggles and trying the geggenpress up at East Mains

Seriously though after last night if he did not already realise he had a big job on his hands he does now

Personally speaking I am not as confident about the outcome of the semi final now but a lot of football and improvement hopefully still to happen

GGTTH

If he goes anywhere near Social Media he will now realise how incredibly fickle Hibs fans are and will turn on him right away after a couple of bad results.

sean04
04-03-2020, 08:43 AM
How can people blame jack Ross? He’s a 1 transfer window to try improve us which he has. Squad is full of dross. Can only piss with the cock he has. January isn’t the month to make big changes, done what he could. The summer is real window of change

Spike Mandela
04-03-2020, 08:45 AM

They have won 5 away games since Nov 2018. 3 of them against us.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 08:46 AM
If he goes anywhere near Social Media he will now realise how incredibly fickle Hibs fans are and will turn on him right away after a couple of bad results.

:agree:

I did say say in my earlier post still happy to give him the benefit of the doubt

Tyler Durden
04-03-2020, 08:47 AM
They have won 5 away games since Nov 2018. 3 of them against us.

Yup. We’ve undone 5 years of good work in the space of 18 months. Criminal.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 08:47 AM
One of Sunderland fans big grudges against him were his inability to change things..

So what? He can and does change things.

We've already seen him make substitutions at half time and will regularly bring on subs round about the hour mark.

sean04
04-03-2020, 08:48 AM

Change things with what? He’s having to bring young laddies of the bench. We have 2 senior strikers at the club. 1 and a half wingers

jacomo
04-03-2020, 08:50 AM

The worst thing about this post is that I think you actually mean it.

For someone who claims to know so much about football, you don’t actually seem to know a great deal about football.

JimBHibees
I like Jack Ross, I think he's a good manager, but not a great one. He seems a very calm individual, folk thought Lennon was great 'cos he ranted and raved, that isn't Jack Ross. I'd be concerned if behind closed doors he isn't letting the players know that last night was totally unacceptable.

No doubt he got it wrong last night, but I thought his starting 11 was decent, he should however have changed it sooner when it clearly wasn't working, but looking at the bench I'm not sure he had many options. In hindsight Whittaker should have been on the bench. In his defence tho he couldn't have anticipated Docherty and Omeonga having probably the worst games they will ever play for us last night.

I remember an old manager of mine at work telling me it wasn't up to him to motivate me to do well, that should come from within. While football is obviously different if a player can't get up for a derby you have to question their mentality.

Whittaker was on the bench unfortunately wasn't on the pitch as he would imo have improved our midfield. Being able to pass to a player in green would have been a start.

Hibs90
So what? He can and does change things.

We've already seen him make substitutions at half time and will regularly bring on subs round about the hour mark.

Didn't change anything last night when it was obvious to all the system wasn't working at all.

sean04
04-03-2020, 08:53 AM
Didn't change anything last night when it was obvious to all the system wasn't working at all.

He brought Horgan on and went 4-4-2. Don’t see what else on the bench that he could’ve changed. Maybe could’ve brought Whittaker on the get on the ball. Not his fault the squad is severely lacking

jeffers
04-03-2020, 08:53 AM
Whittaker was on the bench unfortunately wasn't on the pitch as he would imo have improved our midfield. Being able to pass to a player in green would have been a start.

Whoops, shows how much I noticed. Don't understand then why he wasn't brought on for Scott Allan instead of Horgan who I have lost all patience with.

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 08:54 AM
Whoops, shows how much I noticed. Don't understand then why he wasn't brought on for Scott Allan instead of Horgan who I have lost all patience with.

Agree.

Hibs90
04-03-2020, 08:55 AM
He brought Horgan on and went 4-4-2. Don’t see what else on the bench that he could’ve changed. Maybe could’ve brought Whittaker on the get on the ball. Not his fault the squad is severely lacking

He could have easily hooked McNulty or Allan at half time. Bring on Whittaker and bolster the midfield.

Percy Vere
04-03-2020, 08:55 AM

Indeed
Rubbish it was, but I can recall worse

sean04
04-03-2020, 08:57 AM
He could have easily hooked McNulty or Allan at half time. Bring on Whittaker and bolster the midfield.

So at home in a derby, 0-0 at half time and you wanted us to take a striker off for a defensive mid?

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 08:57 AM

Whittaker would have been a huge gamble IMO. Yes he's had some good games recently but the way they were closing us down last night could have exposed his lack of speed/pace.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 08:58 AM
So at home in a derby, 0-0 at half time and you wanted us to take a striker off for a defensive mid?

Especially when you consider that one of our best spells was at the start of the 2nd half.

Hibs90
04-03-2020, 08:59 AM

Hook Allan for Whittaker push Docherty or Omeonga further forward. Gullan for McNulty aswell.

Heisenberg
04-03-2020, 08:59 AM

There have been plenty folk calling for him to go if we lose the semi final. Absolutely ridiculous overreaction. We took the piss out of them for chasing Robbie Neilson out but it appears a fair few of our own fans are guilty of judging managers purely on how they do against Hearts, even though Ross is currently on 1 win/1 loss.

wookie70
04-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Whittaker would have been a huge gamble IMO. Yes he's had some good games recently but the way they were closing us down last night could have exposed his lack of speed/pace.More likely to have shown his composure and class on the ball

lucky
Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. We are all hurting but it’s way over the top to be calling for JR to be dismissed. Hibs were poor last night and some of our big players never tuned up, McNulty, Omeonga, Docherty and Allan were poor but they will all contribute going forward. We dust ourselves down and go again.

Begbie79
The guys just in the door and folk are getting on his back.

Ive never understood this stupid way of thinking our support has or how it feels we have somehow earned the right to win every game. Football as a sport isnt really that difficult to understand and if you offer it your time, devotion and money then understanding it shouldnt really be a problem but for some (mainly hibs fans) its impossible to fathom out the ethos behind some of these dimwitted comments.

You win some, you lose some, thats football. Get used to it. Get behind the club you claim to love and move on.

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 09:09 AM
Whittaker would have been a huge gamble IMO. Yes he's had some good games recently but the way they were closing us down last night could have exposed his lack of speed/pace.

Maybe so but I would have put my house on it he wouldn't have constantly given the ball away like the 3 centre mids did last night. We needed a calm head and good passer in the middle of the pitch. I was happy with Omeonga starting however he was very poor.

flash
04-03-2020, 09:11 AM

He did change things. The fact it didn't make much difference is another argument entirely.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 09:11 AM
More likely to have shown his composure and class on the ball

Possibly. But you can be sure that had Whitty started and the game had passed him by, then Ross would have been getting pelters for not playing Omeonga.

I like both players but they offer completely different things in the same position - both which could have worked last night.

Greenworld
04-03-2020, 09:14 AM
My god there are some belter comments on here. That game hurt like hell in the second half. I dont think one player could take anything from game. When the team was announced I thought that's our strongest team I still do.
It was almost a carbon copy of Hearts v rangers where the rangers players never turned up.
Is it because you playing a team from the bottom of the league you assume it will be easier? If so lesson learned in the hardest way.
We have been playing well so this is a blip nothing more .
So for the Jack Ross to go guys get a grip top 6 is our goal first and foremost .
The semifinal is a game that half on here will now be saying we will get gubbed where I see it as a perfect game to put things right.
Hurt can be good channeled the right way and starting at Aberdeen the players have a chance to show their true fighting and playing qualities

HFC 0-7
04-03-2020, 09:16 AM
Just listened to his interview, seems so indifferent to it, very strange. Said we shouldn’t get caught up in the emotion of this result as our recent form has been very good. In February in the league it’s been 2 wins, 2 draws and a defeat I think so pretty average.

Captain Trips
04-03-2020, 09:19 AM
My god there are some belter comments on here. That game hurt like hell in the second half. I dont think one player could take anything from game. When the team was announced I thought that's our strongest team I still do.
It was almost a carbon copy of Hearts v rangers where the rangers players never turned up.
Is it because you playing a team from the bottom of the league you assume it will be easier? If so lesson learned in the hardest way.
So for the Jack Ross to go guys get a grip top 6 is our goal first and foremost .
The semifinal is a game that half on here will now be saying we will get gubbed where I see it as a perfect game to put things right.
Hurt can be good channeled the right way and starting at Aberdeen the players have a chance to show their true fighting and playing qualities

Yeah,

The amount of individuals who had an off night was alarming. A good team would have put 5 or 6 past us. If Hibs clicked and we were able to play ourselves we would have ripped it. Imagine only scoring 3 and letting us score.

flash
04-03-2020, 09:20 AM
Just listened to his interview, seems so indifferent to it, very strange. Said we shouldn’t get caught up in the emotion of this result as our recent form has been very good. In February in the league it’s been 2 wins, 2 draws and a defeat I think so pretty average.

If people seriously think that how managers are to the media after a poor performance is any indication whatsoever of how they are in the privacy of the training centre and dressing room then they are seriously deluded.

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 09:35 AM

Ross needs to wise up and quickly, failures in Derby games such as tonight do not result in long careers at HFC as manager.

Ross was shocking tonight as was the team he picked and the tactics employed - what did he say to them at HT as they just got worse?

He should have changed things and gave them a boot up the ar se however he probably told them all ok we are still level.

DISGRACEFUL performance from every one of them, manager included

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 09:39 AM

McNulty was like playing a man short, woeful, lazy performance and could not have complained if hooked. The manager had to change things as we were not in the game

sean04
04-03-2020, 09:42 AM
McNulty was like playing a man short, woeful, lazy performance and could not have complained if hooked. The manager had to change things as we were not in the game

My thoughts at half time were just settle down, get on the ball and we will beat them no problem. No way we could be as bad in the 2nd half. Honestly didn’t see the 2nd half coming

MinceAndTatties
04-03-2020, 09:46 AM
I think last night does raise questions about Ross, not because we lost, of course we will lose games, some of them against Hearts, but there is losing a hard fought contest, and there’s last night.

It’s his job to get the players prepared, get them up for the fight, choose the correct tactics, or at the least, change and adapt them if they don’t work. None of that happened last night, for one of the biggest games of our season. It’s fair to have questions of him after a performance that bad, certainly when he’s not been here long enough to have built up much credit.

That’s not say I’d be calling for his sacking by any means, but the honeymoon is over.
100 per cent correct.
It's worrying that even after the match, he did not see that we were outplayed in the 1st half .
It was obvious that changes were needed at half time.
The team selected was not one to win the battle that a Derby game is.

haagsehibby
04-03-2020, 09:47 AM

As the saying goes “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”!

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 09:48 AM
My thoughts at half time were just settle down, get on the ball and we will beat them no problem. No way we could be as bad in the 2nd half. Honestly didn’t see the 2nd half coming

Is that you Jack?

tonyrougier123
04-03-2020, 09:52 AM
Hearts managed to crowd out our ball players with sheer numbers when we got the ball,often we turned into trouble last night when in possession.

Hearts were on it and needed to be,alot of stuff has been written on here some utter gash! and some reasonable criticism that the club deserves.but one thing needs to come of last night,we need to be much improved from where we are now,no small measurable changes, wholesale squad ethos change.canny be rolling over in a derby like that,last night needs to be a learning curve.
And still the defence looks like a patch up job,rather than an organised unit,being caught out so many times but punished severely last night,whilst the poor man's efe ambrose strolled it for them.
They played with a desperation and alertness we never showed the whole ninety!!

tonyrougier123
04-03-2020, 09:55 AM
As the saying goes “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”!

☝ this! 👏😐

fulshie
04-03-2020, 09:56 AM
Claiming JR is embarrassing is going over top. It's never easy against Hearts as we all should know. The 2nd half performance was bad and there's no getting away from that. JR didn't shy away from the media and tried to put a "lets all calm down" reflection on what happened out there. I for one, am sure he'll have a look at it and have it sorted for the semi, which won't be easy either and I don't expect Hearts to be in the mire by that time either as, I for one again, don't believe they're as bad as their position in the table suggests. Its a reality check for us all, JR included. The result aside, I still believe we have the correct man and the rebuilding will continue in the summer.

Swedish hibee
04-03-2020, 09:57 AM

Getting destroyed at home by the worst team in the league (it was a fact) and you call it a blip?
Whilst noone seriously is calling for him to be sacked apart from a few on here who should've put the phone down last night- JR has to take an equal share of the blame. He simply cannot be immune from criticism for that horrific performance.

HFC 0-7
04-03-2020, 10:07 AM
If people seriously think that how managers are to the media after a poor performance is any indication whatsoever of how they are in the privacy of the training centre and dressing room then they are seriously deluded.

Would you not like the manager to show a bit of passion and demonstrate how bad this result was? The fact he thought we were ok first half and points out not to over react to an emotional loss is crazy. What would it take for him to lose it a bit, show to everyone what it means. The result yesterday was bad, the performance was even worse, his interview was very much like his teams performance - seriously lacking any passion!

Spike Mandela
04-03-2020, 10:08 AM
Claiming JR is embarrassing is going over top. It's never easy against Hearts as we all should know. The 2nd half performance was bad and there's no getting away from that. JR didn't shy away from the media and tried to put a "lets all calm down" reflection on what happened out there. I for one, am sure he'll have a look at it and have it sorted for the semi, which won't be easy either and I don't expect Hearts to be in the mire by that time either as, I for one again, don't believe they're as bad as their position in the table suggests. Its a reality check for us all, JR included. The result aside, I still believe we have the correct man and the rebuilding will continue in the summer.

Sorry, my bad.:rolleyes: Bit pished and poor grammar led to a misleading title for this post. I was trying to say Jack Ross that was an inept, embarrassing performance from Hibs tonight, get it sorted. Certainly no slight on Jack’s character was intended.

Not sure I can edit the title, admin help?

mcohibs
04-03-2020, 10:16 AM

I agree and I do think that in terms of the semi final, last night's result will be a massive wake up call to the players that they will need to be on top of their game as a minimum requirement to get something out of it.

What does concern me however is that Hearts may kick on from here, having beat us and Rangers in the space of a few days and start to pick up a bit of form heading into the semi. I hope we don't go the other direction.

tonyrougier123
04-03-2020, 10:26 AM
Sorry, my bad.:rolleyes: Bit pished and poor grammar led to a misleading title for this post. I was trying to say Jack Ross that was an inept, embarrassing performance from Hibs tonight, get it sorted. Certainly no slight on Jack’s character was intended.

Not sure I can edit the title, admin help?

Glad you cleared that up spike 👍

Brightside
04-03-2020, 11:19 AM
Ross needs to wise up and quickly, failures in Derby games such as tonight do not result in long careers at HFC as manager.

Ross was shocking tonight as was the team he picked and the tactics employed - what did he say to them at HT as they just got worse?

He should have changed things and gave them a boot up the ar se however he probably told them all ok we are still level.

Just so I’m clear. Beating Hearts 4 times in a season but ending up 10th? Is that the aim?

bingo70
04-03-2020, 11:30 AM
Would you not like the manager to show a bit of passion and demonstrate how bad this result was? The fact he thought we were ok first half and points out not to over react to an emotional loss is crazy. What would it take for him to lose it a bit, show to everyone what it means. The result yesterday was bad, the performance was even worse, his interview was very much like his teams performance - seriously lacking any passion!

Doing what he does and acting the way he does is sensible and is the smart way to behave.

Despite this contradiction I agree with you, I like to see our manager with a bit fire in his belly, a bit of an infectious enthusiasm, a bit of a raj but not too much of a raj.....I just find Ross quite boring.

I’d started to warm to him, I think he’s done a decent enough job so far. I thought last night was pathetic though and I disagree with his post match assessment of what happened.

Anyway, before he was appointed I was fearing a relegation battle, he’s taken us further up the league than I expected so in no way at all am I wanting him to become under pressure or him to be replaced. He needs the summer to completely revamp the squad and to go back to my initial point, he seems a smart guy so hopefully he can see all the deficiencies in the squad the rest of us can.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Ah Ha!

GGTTH

Ross is a relatively young and inexperienced manager who has only been at the club a short time. He dragged us up after an awful start and has had a Jan window to shuffle the pack a bit.

Clearly we're all hurting. The players didn't perform and the tactics didn't seem right.

I also don't think I've ever went into a derby feeling confident. They're games which can through up all sorts of unpredictable outcomes.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 11:38 AM
Ross is a relatively young and inexperienced manager who has only been at the club a short time. He dragged us up after an awful start and has had a Jan window to shuffle the pack a bit.

Clearly we're all hurting. The players didn't perform and the tactics didn't seem right.

I also don't think I've ever went into a derby feeling confident. They're games which can through up all sorts of unpredictable outcomes.

Ross was quoted prematch on BBC Radio Scotland 6.45 pm last night saying he was an experienced Manager ( not a rookie) and was well used to the pressure and could handle the pressure ( obviously not)

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during his half time team talk as he obviously seemed to think there was nothing amiss according to his post match interview

I have already said I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

Let’s see what happens on Saturday

Springbank
04-03-2020, 11:45 AM

I agree with all of this.

Last night was like watching Hecky's Hibs 1 Rangers 6 game.

Hearts could and should have had more.

Omeonga shouldnt start another game for us. He went hiding, a wee boy lost.

Allan spends each weekend now showing the world why Celtic wouldn't even put him in their matchday squads even when they were stretched.

Stevenson & Hanlon are at the "one season too many" stage.

Marciano's kicking gives the opposition a lift.

McNulty offers so little and should get a 3 match ban

Bogdan, McGregor, Gullan, Whittaker, Porteous & Newell (when both fit) need to be given a start

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 12:32 PM

So you'd be happier if he went mental and slated the players? Two wins and two draws is 8 points out of a possible 15.. something we'd never have done under hecky. Think some hibs fans need to stop being so expectant. Anyone saying Ross out should be banned from Easter Road because it's very likely they're the ones who left at 65 minutes in a game that's all to play for.

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 12:39 PM
I agree with all of this.

Last night was like watching Hecky's Hibs 1 Rangers 6 game.

Hearts could and should have had more.

Omeonga shouldnt start another game for us. He went hiding, a wee boy lost.

Allan spends each weekend now showing the world why Celtic wouldn't even put him in their matchday squads even when they were stretched.

Stevenson & Hanlon are at the "one season too many" stage.

Marciano's kicking gives the opposition a lift.

McNulty offers so little and should get a 3 match ban

Bogdan, McGregor, Gullan, Whittaker, Porteous & Newell (when both fit) need to be given a start

Christ almighty dunno if this or the comment it was replying to is worse. I'd hate to see this place when we're actually struggling. Omeonga was the best hibs player on the park, Gullan is an untested wee boy but aye he should start derby games right enough and Whittaker and McGregor are more finished than Hanlon and Stevenson. Embarrassing opinions flying around.

jacomo
04-03-2020, 12:40 PM

Apart from signing a defender and going to a back 3, you mean?

churchie16
04-03-2020, 12:46 PM
Christ almighty dunno if this or the comment it was replying to is worse. I'd hate to see this place when we're actually struggling. Omeonga was the best hibs player on the park, Gullan is an untested wee boy but aye he should start derby games right enough and Whittaker and McGregor are more finished than Hanlon and Stevenson. Embarrassing opinions flying around.

Tell you what pal if you think mcgregor is more finished that Stevenson and hanlon go back and watch the full game when we won 2-0 at Tynie. The guy was colossal that day would have died for that passion and grit last night, think he would have got bullied off Washington and Boyce ? Absolutely no danger even if he played last night and not the rest of the season so be it. As for Stevenson being finished ? Tell me when he started put a hibs top on every fan in this place we’d run through brick walls for hibs on that pitch does that mean we are good enough to play at that level 100 percent not .

jacomo
04-03-2020, 12:52 PM

For the 1,000th time: managers are often addressing their squad when giving media interviews, giving them the messages they want them to take on board.

We’ve been on a decent run and JR doesn’t want the squad to get derailed by one bad result, or listen to hysterical fans telling them they are a ‘disgrace’ and ‘finished’.

I don’t blame him. He’s got enough problems to sort without that.

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 12:54 PM
Tell you what pal if you think mcgregor is more finished that Stevenson and hanlon go back and watch the full game when we won 2-0 at Tynie. The guy was colossal that day would have died for that passion and grit last night, think he would have got bullied off Washington and Boyce ? Absolutely no danger even if he played last night and not the rest of the season so be it. As for Stevenson being finished ? Tell me when he started put a hibs top on every fan in this place we’d run through brick walls for hibs on that pitch does that mean we are good enough to play at that level 100 percent not .

If you think fans who ****ing sit on their hands not getting behind the team then leave after 65 minutes would be more dedicated than someone who's a literal club legend you're too far gone. The fans are a joke. Especially the ones slating the team as if we haven't looked better than any Hibs team besides Lenny's in the past month or two.

I agree that last night was a game for a McGregor type but if Hanlon couldn't keep up with them then there's no way McGregor would. We need fresh blood. Players that are tested though at this level. Look to teams like St Mirren/Livi/St Johnstone for their young first team players. There's no use just throwing Gullan in and saying he's automatically better than McNulty. We'd have been bottom 6 if not for McNulty last season and Gullan has offered very little.

Chorley Hibee
04-03-2020, 12:55 PM

I don't think there's an issue in publicly airing your dissatisfaction with the team on occasion - especially with performances such as that last night.

Both players, and supporters, need to be made aware that the management will not accept performances of that standard.

Personally, I was disappointed by Jack Ross' comments and lack of feeling.

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 12:57 PM
I don't think there's an issue in publically airing your dissatisfaction with the team on occasion - especially with performances such as that last night.

Both players, and supporters, need to be made aware that the management will not accept performances of that standard.

Personally, I was disappointed by Jack Ross' comments after the game.

He should come out slating the fans as well then because they let our club down more than anyone in the past couple of seasons. No point in the singing section even existing because they're the only ones who go to the football to support their club.

Vini1875
04-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Biggest disappointment for me was that I know we are much better than we showed last night. We won't be that poor again this season.

Weir07
04-03-2020, 01:04 PM
I don't think there's an issue in publically airing your dissatisfaction with the team on occasion - especially with performances such as that last night.

Personally, I was disappointed by Jack Ross' comments after the game.

Jack Ross was fine with his post match comments, he should be objective and not caught up in the emotion, don't know why people want him to be venting his spleen or publicly lambasting players, a good manager should be detached and calmly assessing the situation.

For what it's worth, I felt the first half was even and the penalty changed the game. We should have had more about us but the players, as a collective, didn't take responsibility.

The options on the bench weren't great and we had pretty much the best starting 11 we could have had out on the pitch, with a formation that's served us well and allows all our best attacking players to play, Allan, Boyle, McNulty and Doige.

I'm sure Jack Ross will learn from every game but he's intelligent enough to not throw the baby out with the bathwater after one result and that's his job.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 01:06 PM
He should come out slating the fans as well then because they let our club down more than anyone in the past couple of seasons. No point in the singing section even existing because they're the only ones who go to the football to support their club.

Not everyone wants to go to the football to sing and chant all game. I used to be like this when I was younger but tend to pick and choose what I sing now. Doesnt make anyone a lesser fan.

churchie16
04-03-2020, 01:07 PM
If you think fans who ****ing sit on their hands not getting behind the team then leave after 65 minutes would be more dedicated than someone who's a literal club legend you're too far gone. The fans are a joke. Especially the ones slating the team as if we haven't looked better than any Hibs team besides Lenny's in the past month or two.

I agree that last night was a game for a McGregor type but if Hanlon couldn't keep up with them then there's no way McGregor would. We need fresh blood. Players that are tested though at this level. Look to teams like St Mirren/Livi/St Johnstone for their young first team players. There's no use just throwing Gullan in and saying he's automatically better than McNulty. We'd have been bottom 6 if not for McNulty last season and Gullan has offered very little.
So footballs all about keeping up with players aye? Instead of being just a total better defender and reading the game well and having a bit fight in you ? Couldn’t agree more about needing new players and you can’t slag the fans for the atmosphere or whatever they had a singing secretion and a group of lads wanting to create an atmosphere what happened to them they got punted in a corner where no one can hear them blame the people who make the decisions for that. He’s a club legend agreed also let’s not kid ourselves on a think he’s a good footballer like I said just cause you have hibs at heart and would run through brick walls means you are a good football player, poor night but you can’t go on saying mcgregors done when guys like hanlon and Stevenson get chance after chance not good enough thanks for your efforts move on in the summer

Chorley Hibee
04-03-2020, 01:12 PM

Sorry, but I don't agree.

Collectively the support have been incredibly loyal given the ***** we have witnessed over the years, and I would never say our support has let the club down.

Many a player and team has certainly let our support down though.

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Just so I’m clear. Beating Hearts 4 times in a season but ending up 10th? Is that the aim?

Just so your clear, that was NOT what I said. My post is clear - treat the derby as they treat it - SERIOUSLY and not just another game.

That performance last night from players AND manager is not good enough nor was it in ANY way acceptable.

So let me get this clear, losing both home derbies (one a destruction) and hovering around top six is that the aim?

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Not everyone wants to go to the football to sing and chant all game. I used to be like this when I was younger but tend to pick and choose what I sing now. Doesnt make anyone a lesser fan.

I can't understand why anyone would go to the game to not get behind their club. I understand if you're older you'd likely have less energy for it sure but the judging looks you get around easter road for trying to sing outside of the singing section is embarrassing. Also leaving a derby game with 25 minutes still on the clock.

Just think of the Paul Hanlon song, we're two nil down at Tynie, it's happening again, another year of sorrow, will this nightmare never end? Well no it bloody willny cause the fans all left at 2, there is no day at hampden, boo ****ing hoo. Doesn't quite have the same ring does it?

The point is leaving the game at 2-0 down is what finished us last night. I wonder how many people on here who are calling McNulty ***** and calling for Gullan to start left last night as the laddie was getting stripped to come on and play? Hate seeing so many people throwing their dummy out the pram when we were literally so much worse against them at Easter Road in September. They got a lucky penalty and scored a screamer. They dominated us under Hecky.

Chorley Hibee
04-03-2020, 01:15 PM
Jack Ross was fine with his post match comments, he should be objective and not caught up in the emotion, don't know why people want him to be venting his spleen or publicly lambasting players, a good manager should be detached and calmly assessing the situation.

For what it's worth, I felt the first half was even and the penalty changed the game. We should have had more about us but the players, as a collective, didn't take responsibility.

The options on the bench weren't great and we had pretty much the best starting 11 we could have had out on the pitch, with a formation that's served us well and allows all our best attacking players to play, Allan, Boyle, McNulty and Doige.

I'm sure Jack Ross will learn from every game but he's intelligent enough to not throw the baby out with the bathwater after one result and that's his job.

You can show your disappointment without venting your spleen.

I've witnessed the greatest managers publicly criticise their side for poor performances and demand better going forward.

It's the manner in which it is delivered and how you set about rectifying it that is important.

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 01:17 PM

Care to tell me WTF the fans did to end up with a result like that?????

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 01:19 PM
So footballs all about keeping up with players aye? Instead of being just a total better defender and reading the game well and having a bit fight in you ? Couldn’t agree more about needing new players and you can’t slag the fans for the atmosphere or whatever they had a singing secretion and a group of lads wanting to create an atmosphere what happened to them they got punted in a corner where no one can hear them blame the people who make the decisions for that. He’s a club legend agreed also let’s not kid ourselves on a think he’s a good footballer like I said just cause you have hibs at heart and would run through brick walls means you are a good football player, poor night but you can’t go on saying mcgregors done when guys like hanlon and Stevenson get chance after chance not good enough thanks for your efforts move on in the summer

Hanlon reads the game better than anyone in our defence though maybe besides Jackson. Porto is our new McGregor, we'll struggle to find a new Hanlon in my opinion.

Don't worry I'm not slagging the singing section lads, got the utmost respect for them when they knock their pan in every game to get nothing back from the other fans. Maybe the east can't hear them but the next few sections do and they're typically silent which surely is a major issue. I legit agree that Stevenson and Hanlon aren't good enough but at the same time just think we can't be looking to players in their mid 30s to be the answer.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 01:20 PM
I can't understand why anyone would go to the game to not get behind their club. I understand if you're older you'd likely have less energy for it sure but the judging looks you get around easter road for trying to sing outside of the singing section is embarrassing. Also leaving a derby game with 25 minutes still on the clock.

Just think of the Paul Hanlon song, we're two nil down at Tynie, it's happening again, another year of sorrow, will this nightmare never end? Well no it bloody willny cause the fans all left at 2, there is no day at hampden, boo ****ing hoo. Doesn't quite have the same ring does it?

The point is leaving the game at 2-0 down is what finished us last night. I wonder how many people on here who are calling McNulty ***** and calling for Gullan to start left last night as the laddie was getting stripped to come on and play? Hate seeing so many people throwing their dummy out the pram when we were literally so much worse against them at Easter Road in September. They got a lucky penalty and scored a screamer. They dominated us under Hecky.

I never said I dont get behind the team. I cheer the team on, never boo the players, shout at the right moments, and sing at times. I just dont stand and sing all game now.

Im going to make the assumption you are pretty young? (apologies if wrong). Nothing better than going to the game with your mates and singing your hearts out. But just dont look down on others that dont. They have probably done exactly the same as you and just dont have the energy now.

Otherwise, I agree with your sentiments. I would get than singing section back over in the East where the sound carries better. Im in the far end of the East and honestly cant hear a thing from them. These are the guys that want to make a noise and create an atmosphere, they shouldnt be hidden away in the corner. Just my opinion.

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 01:21 PM

Perhaps a wee apology to the fans for that s h ite we witnessed last night would not go amiss, naw Jack just thought it was one of those things cant win them all!!

Did I agree with his post match comments did I ****!!

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 01:23 PM
Perhaps a wee apology to the fans for that s h ite we witnessed last night would not go amiss, naw Jack just thought it was one of those things cant win them all!!

He looked gutted to me. Not really much you can say after a performance like that. People would just complain whatever he said anyway.

flash
04-03-2020, 01:24 PM

You are just waffling now in a clear case of faux outrage.

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 01:26 PM
Sorry, but I don't agree.

Collectively the support have been incredibly loyal given the ***** we have witnessed over the years, and I would never say our support has let the club down.

Many a player and team has certainly let our support down though.

Well sorry but you have a disgraceful attitude then. I've been right there with you witnessing all of bad. I stayed after full time to respect the players in the 5-1 final and they didn't ****ing deserve my respect then. I stayed and clapped the players once we got relegated and it was much the same. Didn't get to attend the games much until we were promoted again for family reasons and when I returned expecting a buoyant easter road having finally won the cup and returned to our former glory I was met by a wall of silence. People giving dirty looks for trying to sing. People sitting on their hands and complaining the team aren't performing to their liking while offering **** all in the way of support.

I'm sorry but if you think leaving the Derby with almost a full second half to play isn't letting the team down then I don't know what is because I stood and witnessed the entire ****ing shambles because I want the players to know they have my support, the teams I mentioned previously didn't deserve my support and respect but got it. This team and manager do deserve it and they're getting none from my fellow hibs fans.

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 01:32 PM
I never said I dont get behind the team. I cheer the team on, never boo the players, shout at the right moments, and sing at times. I just dont stand and sing all game now.

Im going to make the assumption you are pretty young? (apologies if wrong). Nothing better than going to the game with your mates and singing your hearts out. But just dont look down on others that dont. They have probably done exactly the same as you and just dont have the energy now.

Otherwise, I agree with your sentiments. I would get than singing section back over in the East where the sound carries better. Im in the far end of the East and honestly cant hear a thing from them. These are the guys that want to make a noise and create an atmosphere, they shouldnt be hidden away in the corner. Just my opinion.

Well fair play mate thats all you can ask for as a fan, not a knock on you especially considering where you sit, my first season ticket was down there in the old east and I've had to move to the famous five upper as its the only place with real atmosphere

I'm 25! Not exactly old but old enough to remember watching players like Alan O'Brien offer way less than what Omeonga did last night and the entire east stand used to still get behind them. We need to do something drastically to improve the atmosphere but judging by the reaction to last night it's more the fans attitudes needing adjusted sadly.

Deejk107
04-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Care to tell me WTF the fans did to end up with a result like that?????

Considering they offered nothing in terms of atmosphere and left immediately the moment things looked bleak I think I don't need to answer that question.

Chorley Hibee
04-03-2020, 01:40 PM
Well sorry but you have a disgraceful attitude then. I've been right there with you witnessing all of bad. I stayed after full time to respect the players in the 5-1 final and they didn't ****ing deserve my respect then. I stayed and clapped the players once we got relegated and it was much the same. Didn't get to attend the games much until we were promoted again for family reasons and when I returned expecting a buoyant easter road having finally won the cup and returned to our former glory I was met by a wall of silence. People giving dirty looks for trying to sing. People sitting on their hands and complaining the team aren't performing to their liking while offering **** all in the way of support.

I'm sorry but if you think leaving the Derby with almost a full second half to play isn't letting the team down then I don't know what is because I stood and witnessed the entire ****ing shambles because I want the players to know they have my support, the teams I mentioned previously didn't deserve my support and respect but got it. This team and manager do deserve it and they're getting none from my fellow hibs fans.

A disgraceful attitude?

I've supported Hibs (home and away) for 33 years and shall be there at Aberdeen on Saturday offering my support once again.

I don't need lectures from you, or anyone else, as to what constitutes supporting Hibs, and if you think previous Hibs teams weren't criticised by the support, or that we weren't subject to fans walking out early etc down the years, then you're either very young or kidding yourself on.

It's not a new phenomenon fans being disgruntled, and Hibs consistently letting their support down certainly isn't one either.

Barman Stanton
04-03-2020, 01:43 PM
Well fair play mate thats all you can ask for as a fan, not a knock on you especially considering where you sit, my first season ticket was down there in the old east and I've had to move to the famous five upper as its the only place with real atmosphere

I'm 25! Not exactly old but old enough to remember watching players like Alan O'Brien offer way less than what Omeonga did last night and the entire east stand used to still get behind them. We need to do something drastically to improve the atmosphere but judging by the reaction to last night it's more the fans attitudes needing adjusted sadly.

There was also a lot less people at games in those days. The extra 4-5k we have now also bring a more toxic element to the game. They were not there when we were garbage and perhaps have higher expectations. You can hear the moans pretty quickly if things are not going our way. You only need to look on here to see just how miserable some of our supporters are.

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 01:47 PM

You're not old enough to remember Joe Tortolano then? Don't think he'd agree that the entire East Terracing got right behind him; fitba fans haven't changed that much!

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 01:49 PM
Considering they offered nothing in terms of atmosphere and left immediately the moment things looked bleak I think I don't need to answer that question.

Get a grip ya wee snowflake!!!

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 01:55 PM

Oh and are we to respect you as you stayed beyond final whistle at THAT final, I can only say you embarrassed yourself as that team showed zero respect for their fans, ZERO!

For the record, the majority of Hibs fans did not stay (naturally as the team let us down very badly) and the majority are not interested in you having a go at them either, you carry on in your wee world while we get on with our life!!

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 01:57 PM
You're not old enough to remember Joe Tortolano then? Don't think he'd agree that the entire East Terracing got right behind him; fitba fans haven't changed that much!

Joe Tortolano now there was a player

Even although he was getting pelters he would never give up always gave 100% good bad or indifferent

That is all you can ask for

Legend!

JeMeSouviens
04-03-2020, 02:03 PM

Or Brian Hamilton or Ollie Gottskalkson or countless others. We've always been a shower of moany ****s. :wink:

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 02:04 PM
Fans on Lennon: "He's too hot headed, speaks his mind too much, unprofessional, too honest and far too brutal - the players hate that"

Fans on Jack: "His interview showed no emotion, he talks of not getting carried away - doesn't he care?"

Now, don't go hunting for these exact quotes but there is a definite thread of truth in what my fake quotes say above (folk will argue against it just for the sake).

On the above I'm in the Jack Ross court, professional, not getting carried away, keeping to his vision and trusting it.

JeMeSouviens
04-03-2020, 02:04 PM

Even although he was getting pelters he would never give up always gave 100% good bad or indifferent

Legend!

To be fair to Super Joe, he was only one in a long line of players Alex Miller ruined by trying to turn into left backs.

bingo70
04-03-2020, 02:06 PM
Fans on Lennon: "He's too hot headed, speaks his mind too much, unprofessional, too honest and far too brutal - the players hate that"

Fans on Jack: "His interview showed no emotion, he talks of not getting carried away - doesn't he care?"

Now, don't go hunting for these exact quotes but there is a definite thread of truth in what my fake quotes say above (folk will argue against it just for the sake).

On the above I'm in the Jack Ross court, professional, not getting carried away, keeping to his vision and trusting it.

Do you think there’s maybe w happy medium and that’s what people are looking for?

Somewhere in the middle of the two behaviours you’ve described?

JeMeSouviens
04-03-2020, 02:07 PM

:agree:

tbh, I don't see how you can fault his interview? Result hurts, performance not good enough, players lost the head after the pen (he calls it "discipline", I'd call it "bottle" but it means the same thing) but form has been ok and we have big cames coming so don't overreact. What's to argue with there?

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Or Brian Hamilton or Ollie Gottskalkson or countless others. We've always been a shower of moany ****s. :wink:

Benny Brazil

We laughed at a hatrick versus Celtic

Only at HIBS

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 02:08 PM
Do you think there’s maybe w happy medium and that’s what people are looking for?

Somewhere in the middle of the two behaviours you’ve described?

I think some people would have criticised him regardless of how he conducted the interview.

Chorley Hibee
04-03-2020, 02:09 PM

I think there is a time and a place for both.

As I said earlier, I've witnessed the greatest managers, on occasion, go through their sides publicly for unacceptable performances. I also think there is a way of conveying your disappointment in the players without necessarily venting your spleen.

I don't think Jack's reaction hit the right tone last night, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and he now gets the necessary response from them all.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 02:21 PM
I see the leader of any group the one who's calm and measured and maintaining a level professional head, Stevie G last week for example "I'll be thinking.... lowest I've been since I've been here (heard that line before), players let me down etc etc" so so negative

Jack Ross "We're really disappointed in the performance and result but we are not going to get caught up in the negative emotion of it all, we've been playing well and won't lose sight of that"

I know who i'd rather work under, i'd have hated seeing him lose his ****!

bingo70
04-03-2020, 02:22 PM
I think some people would have criticised him regardless of how he conducted the interview.

Don’t doubt that.

Still think there’s a middle ground between the behaviours the poster has described though.

Davy Mac
04-03-2020, 02:23 PM
I didn't hear him apologising to the fans, derbies are about the bragging rights, it's not just any other game. Like Hecky, corporate stock answers with very little emotion. He said he didn't see this coming? The gunts had just beaten Rangers and they needed the 3 points far more than we do. Naive in my opinion.

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 02:24 PM

Legend!

I felt sorry for Joe T.

I recall one New Year derby which Hibs won 1-0 with an Eddie May goal in the first half. Lexo left Mickey Weir & John Collins on the bench for the entirety, while in the 2nd half (shooting down the slope) Hearts just gave the ball to John Colquhoun on the right wing, and he continually tormented Joe. We held out, but that 45 minutes in front of a packed and very nervous East terracing must've been a nightmare for Torto!

I realise this is something of a thread hijack, but maybe that's no bad thing...

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 02:28 PM
I felt sorry for Joe T.

I recall one New Year derby which Hibs won 1-0 with an Eddie May goal in the first half. Lexo left Mickey Weir & John Collins on the bench for the entirety, while in the 2nd half (shooting down the slope) Hearts just gave the ball to John Colquhoun on the right wing, and he continually tormented Joe. We held out, but that 45 minutes in front of a packed and very nervous East terracing must've been a nightmare for Torto!

I realise this is something of a thread hijack, but maybe that's no bad thing...
Last game I attended with my dear old dad

At least he went out with a victory and didn’t have to suffer last night :greengrin

tonyrougier123
04-03-2020, 02:32 PM
I see the leader of any group the one who's calm and measured and maintaining a level professional head, Stevie G last week for example "I'll be thinking.... lowest I've been since I've been here (heard that line before), players let me down etc etc" so so negative

Jack Ross "We're really disappointed in the performance and result but we are not going to get caught up in the negative emotion of it all, we've been playing well and won't lose sight of that"

I know who i'd rather work under, i'd have hated seeing him lose his ****!

☝ this👏😐

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 02:35 PM
I didn't hear him apologising to the fans, derbies are about the bragging rights, it's not just any other game. Like Hecky, corporate stock answers with very little emotion. He said he didn't see this coming? The gunts had just beaten Rangers and they needed the 3 points far more than we do. Naive in my opinion.

Are you not being quite 'needy' here?

Would an apology make you feel better?

Davy Mac
04-03-2020, 02:57 PM
Are you not being quite 'needy' here?

Would an apology make you feel better?

Would it make you feel better if I didnae give my opinion eh? Is that alright with you?

Anybody that's played and knows anything about fitba, knows a derby win means everything to the fans, maybe that's something that's missed on you.

A recognised note of apology to the fans is the least he can do, or maybe its just another job to him.

green with envy
04-03-2020, 04:07 PM
For the 1,000th time: managers are often addressing their squad when giving media interviews, giving them the messages they want them to take on board.

We’ve been on a decent run and JR doesn’t want the squad to get derailed by one bad result, or listen to hysterical fans telling them they are a ‘disgrace’ and ‘finished’.

To sensible... I've refrained from posting since the game but some of the stuff I've read is just outright nonsense. No one was annoyed more than me but to call our manager a rat and some of the sheer abusive comments regarding some of our players is down right embarrassing.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 04:16 PM
Would it make you feel better if I didnae give my opinion eh? Is that alright with you?

Anybody that's played and knows anything about fitba, knows a derby win means everything to the fans, maybe that's something that's missed on you.

A recognised note of apology to the fans is the least he can do, or maybe its just another job to him.

You should always feel free to give your opinion. Why wouldn't you?

Of course the derby means a lot to the fans. I was suffering at the game last night as much as the next person.

It just seemed to me that you were a little over-excited about not hearing an apology in his post match interview. Clearly hearing an apology means a lot to you. You find it comforting. That's fine.

Personally I'm not particularly fussed if he says 'sorry'. I look for a different reaction from our manager.

Davy Mac
04-03-2020, 04:27 PM
You should always feel free to give your opinion. Why wouldn't you?

Of course the derby means a lot to the fans. I was suffering at the game last night as much as the next person.

It just seemed to me that you were a little over-excited about not hearing an apology in his post match interview. Clearly hearing an apology means a lot to you. You find it comforting. That's fine.

Personally I'm not particularly fussed if he says 'sorry'. I look for a different reaction from our manager.

Clearly you are a wind up merchant and a troll looking for a reaction, the comfort I can take is blocking your future posts. Ta ta.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 04:30 PM
Clearly you are a wind up merchant and a troll looking for a reaction, the comfort I can take is blocking your future posts. Ta ta.

Bizarre stuff.

Hibby Bairn
04-03-2020, 04:39 PM
I’ve avoided this site for 24 hours....thankfully 😀.

One of the problems with mobile phones and social media is that the angst and anger that 20 years ago might have been shared for possibly 60 minutes between a few pals after the game, walking back to the car or in the pub, now gets played out for hours and days on end by hundreds of people via their keyboards. Endlessly on and on and on.

Just step back and go and do something else a bit more useful. Shouting via your fingertips isn’t going to change the result. Onwards to the next game and I’m sure Jack Ross will have the team (which has done really well up until last night) ready for the trip north.

GGTTH

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 04:41 PM

One of the problems with mobile phones and social media is that the angst and anger that 20 years ago might have been shared for possibly 60 minutes between a few pals after the game, walking back to the car or in the pub, now gets played out for hours and days on end by hundreds of people via their keyboards. Endlessly on and on and on.

Just step back and go and do something else a bit more useful. Shouting via your fingertips isn’t going to change the result. Onwards to the next game and I’m sure Jack Ross will have the team (which has done really well up until last night) ready for the trip north.

GGTTH

Good post. Well said 👍

green with envy
04-03-2020, 04:46 PM

GGTTH

Agreed - Well put.

Cataplana
04-03-2020, 04:52 PM

Different managers work different ways. The problem with apologies is that some people don't take them in the spirit they were given, and use them as ammunition against the coach in future.

At the end of the day Hearts beat us 3-1 last night, and an apology won't change that.

HFC 0-7
04-03-2020, 04:54 PM
So you'd be happier if he went mental and slated the players? Two wins and two draws is 8 points out of a possible 15.. something we'd never have done under hecky. Think some hibs fans need to stop being so expectant. Anyone saying Ross out should be banned from Easter Road because it's very likely they're the ones who left at 65 minutes in a game that's all to play for.

Where did I say anything about going mental. Why not say the performance was unacceptable, say that performances like these won’t be accepted? I am not saying Ross out either. The fact that he was pretty emotionless after the game suggests to me that he doesn’t understand what derbies mean, especially when hearts were bottom of the pile, that them winning could be the spring board they need to push on! That same team we have in the semi final of the Scottish cup!

You talk about hibs fans need to stop be so expectant, the result isn’t the big issue, the big issue is the performance. Is it too much to expect for the hibs players to be up for the game? That performance looked the opposite!

Lago
04-03-2020, 04:59 PM
I thought he responded to you in a very honest & decent manner.

madhatter
04-03-2020, 05:00 PM
To sensible... I've refrained from posting since the game but some of the stuff I've read is just outright nonsense. No one was annoyed more than me but to call our manager a rat and some of the sheer abusive comments regarding some of our players is down right embarrassing.

What do you expect in a country where, to create a good atmosphere, you need to sing banned sectarian songs and where EDL Abdul is funny and a bit of banter? Scottish people have a lot to be proud of but we have many many social problems that we just ignore. I maintain fans should be able to say they think a player is rubbish etc. but personal attacks and calling "rat" etc. is too far. Scottish society has let too much go for too long, sectarian comments are used in "banter" so I think expecting fans not to blurt out aggressive nonsense when they are upset is very ambitious when we can't get general civility in our society sorted. Don't even get me started on the racist side of things as well - we have a problem on that front too.

This problem spans much further than Hibs fans and much further than football. Football is like Brexit, it gives license to people to act like idiots. Those people are still prone to acting like idiots even before football - e.g. people in Orange Order who are wholly unholy, not even remotely religious. People in Scotland seem to want "things" to vent via, even when their behaviour is ridiculous. This isn't just a Scotland problem but it is quite prevalent here even though we joke and downplay it.

As I said, you can't really stop fans saying a player isn't good enough etc. as people can be exposed to this in any walk of life - colleagues could think you are rubbish at your job and may talk behind your back etc. However, name calling and suggesting they are a despicable human being based on a game of football is far far too far.

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Where did I say anything about going mental. Why not say the performance was unacceptable, say that performances like these won’t be accepted? I am not saying Ross out either. The fact that he was pretty emotionless after the game suggests to me that he doesn’t understand what derbies mean, especially when hearts were bottom of the pile, that them winning could be the spring board they need to push on! That same team we have in the semi final of the Scottish cup!

You talk about hibs fans need to stop be so expectant, the result isn’t the big issue, the big issue is the performance. Is it too much to expect for the hibs players to be up for the game? That performance looked the opposite!

I think we've all seen enough from our manager to suggest that in front of the camera's anyway, he remains pretty calm after a win or a defeat.

Personally I'd be more concerned if the person in charge started getting all emotional in his post match interview.

To suggest he doesn't understand the importance if a derby is complete nonsense for me.

HFC 0-7
04-03-2020, 05:05 PM

Oh for the 1,001th time, I am not expecting him to publicly out any players. But what is wrong by showing some passion about how bad the performance was and that it’s not acceptable. If the players are that weak minded that the manager stating the obvious that the performance was shocking, it won’t be tolerated etc whilst showing a bit of passion could derail any sort of momentum we have got we are in serious trouble.

HFC 0-7
04-03-2020, 05:10 PM
I think we've all seen enough from our manager to suggest that in front of the camera's anyway, he remains pretty calm after a win or a defeat.

Personally I'd be more concerned if the person in charge started getting all emotional in his post match interview.

To suggest he doesn't understand the importance if a derby is complete nonsense for me.

Being all emotional and showing a bit of passion are two different things, do you not think you can passionately convey your thoughts about the game? Have you never seen other top managers show how disgusted they are with performances, especially derbies? Do you worry about these managers??

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Being all emotional and showing a bit of passion are two different things, do you not think you can passionately convey your thoughts about the game? Have you never seen other top managers show how disgusted they are with performances, especially derbies? Do you worry about these managers??

Passion is an emotion. Quite a strong one at that. So there's a very fine line which is easy to cross.

Some managers do. Some managers don't. And no, I don't worry tbh.

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Last game I attended with my dear old dad

At least he went out with a victory and didn’t have to suffer last night :greengrin

Ah, I was at the game with my dad too as it happens; stood high up in the corner of the terracing next to the Cowshed (so had a great view of both Eddie's goal and Joe getting ripped to shreds 😆). Like your own faither, he was also spared last night's trauma - hope he wisnae spinning too much up in Mount Vernon...

Brightside
04-03-2020, 06:03 PM

Nonsense

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 06:12 PM
Ah, I was at the game with my dad too as it happens; stood high up in the corner of the terracing next to the Cowshed (so had a great view of both Eddie's goal and Joe getting ripped to shreds 😆). Like your own faither, he was also spared last night's trauma - hope he wisnae spinning too much up in Mount Vernon...

When Eddie May scored we got separated in the surge of the crowd as bedlam took over and all hell broke loose in the East just down from the unofficial Singing Section at the half way line

His final resting place be in Mount Vernon anaw

I have him to blame for me being a massive Hibby

RIP

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2020, 06:14 PM
When Eddie May scored we got separated in the surge of the crowd as bedlam took over and all hell broke loose in the East just down from the unofficial Singing Section at the half way line

RIP

Love wee stories like this 👍

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 06:22 PM

RIP

Great stuff Billy - more than a few good Hibbies up at MV eh.

Isn't this more fun than rippin' the Hibs manager 😁? GGTTH

hibeerealist
04-03-2020, 06:51 PM

Davy you can bet the Hertz manager and any of their official party would be apologising for a performance like that, ignore the squashed one he sees no merit in such a response.

jacomo
04-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Oh for the 1,001th time, I am not expecting him to publicly out any players. But what is wrong by showing some passion about how bad the performance was and that it’s not acceptable. If the players are that weak minded that the manager stating the obvious that the performance was shocking, it won’t be tolerated etc whilst showing a bit of passion could derail any sort of momentum we have got we are in serious trouble.

I’m finding this one upmanship completely unacceptable.

:wink:

cmcd
05-03-2020, 08:44 AM
Back then they had a better team than us though. Tonight they could have won 4 or 5 and sit bottom of the table. It’s the worst performance that’s ever been put in at Easter road in a derby. Grant ****ing holt playing tonight would at least collapse trying.

The worst in your lifetime perhaps but to say the worst ever is wrong .We were poor all over the park but the one shining light was the performance of Jamie Gullan when he came on . Let's not forget that the Tornadoes lost 4 goals to Hearts and I haven't seen any one criticising them for a poor performance

Barman Stanton
05-03-2020, 08:58 AM
The worst in your lifetime perhaps but to say the worst ever is wrong .We were poor all over the park but the one shining light was the performance of Jamie Gullan when he came on . Let's not forget that the Tornadoes lost 4 goals to Hearts and I haven't seen any one criticising them for a poor performance

Im curious, did fans completely lose their s*** after that one? Or did fans have a little more backbone back then? Unfortunately I started watching in the 80s so have seen worse than the other night. It was a sore one but Im struggling to get my head around grown men completely throwing their toys out the pram in the manner some are.

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Im curious, did fans completely lose their s*** after that one? Or did fans have a little more backbone back then? Unfortunately I started watching in the 80s so have seen worse than the other night. It was a sore one but Im struggling to get my head around grown men completely throwing their toys out the pram in the manner some are.

Nothing to do with having backbone. Nonsense.

Barman Stanton
05-03-2020, 09:04 AM
Nothing to do with having backbone. Nonsense.

Disagree. Life is full of ups and downs. We got beat. Some just cant take it and are acting like spoilt children because things have not went their way.

Wilson
05-03-2020, 09:20 AM
Disagree. Life is full of ups and downs. We got beat. Some just cant take it and are acting like spoilt children because things have not went their way.

That really isn't the situation at all. Do you honestly think hibs supporters don't know a thing or two about defeat? Or that you needed to point out that life has ups and downs? Seriously?

You post some rubbish.

I'd say it was capitulation more than defeat. We shouldn't be surprised being hibs fans but on the back of the club promising so much maybe we dared to expect different. As ever the club misfires at exactly the wrong time and spectacularly so. Being angry at that isn't spoilt. It is sheer frustration.