PDA

View Full Version : They are due a pumping

Irish_Steve
03-03-2020, 08:39 PM
Anyone who says this before the semi just forget it. I dont know how many times Hearts have stepped up and bullied us. That was woeful tonight

Diclonius
03-03-2020, 08:41 PM
They've been "due a pumping" for twenty years. I've given up hope of ever seeing one.

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 08:42 PM
The only positive from tonight is that we can't be as poor in the semi. JR has a lot to learn from tonight.

Irish_Steve
03-03-2020, 08:42 PM
They've been "due a pumping" for twenty years. I've given up hope of ever seeing one.

Exactly, I hate people who say it, haven't they actually watched the previous games. Massive boost for them going into the semi

Pretty Boy
03-03-2020, 08:45 PM
Not a single player can expect to survive that tonight. No one could have any complaints about being dropped..

Hopefully tonight fires a few of them up to prove the critics wrong. That was humiliating and we looked like a team who turned up thinking we were going to pump them.

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 08:52 PM
Not a single player can expect to survive that tonight. No one could have any complaints about being dropped..

Hopefully tonight fires a few of them up to prove the critics wrong. That was humiliating and we looked like a team who turned up thinking we were going to pump them.

Agreed but the manager needs to take some of the blame too. Team looked amazingly lacklustre and it was obvious early on we lacked organisation.

Jim44
03-03-2020, 08:52 PM

To be fair, PB, too many of the punters on this board had the same idea. We didn’t give them the respect that a team battling for survival, should have got. I’m not just saying that in the aftermath of our embarrassment, as I said in previous threads that a team that can beat Rangers twice are no mugs. We had to give our all tonight but we didn’t turn up.

hfc rd
03-03-2020, 08:58 PM
To be fair, PB, too many of the punters on this board had the same idea. We didn’t give them the respect that a team battling for survival, should have got. I’m not just saying that in the aftermath of our embarrassment, as I said in previous threads that a team that can beat Rangers twice are no mugs. We had to give our all tonight but we didn’t turn up.

Precisely, reading some of the comments on here that all we needed to do was pretty much “turn up and win” was just ludicrous. No matter how good we’ve been in recent weeks and how poor their league form was heading into the derby, history has always told us not to expect it to be plain and simple like that. You just know that lot are going to put in a performance out of the blue in these fixtures.

roo62
03-03-2020, 08:58 PM
It's worrying that we cannot complete with "in your face" football.This was a carbon copy of the recent Livingston game. Bullied all over the pitch, never created any clear cut chances and we're far too east to play against. Ross needs to consider a much more physical team in the semi final for me.
Whits ahead of Omeonga and even Hallberg for Allan.
Team far too small again tonight - just asking for trouble at set pieces with a goalie that sticks to his goal line

tamig
03-03-2020, 09:02 PM
It's worrying that we cannot complete with "in your face" football.This was a carbon copy of the recent Livingston game. Bullied all over the pitch, never created any clear cut chances and we're far too east to play against. Ross needs to consider a much more physical team in the semi final for me.
Team far too small again tonight - just asking for trouble at set pieces with a goalie that sticks to his goal line
Far too many players not at it tonight. Allan and Docherty were woeful. Front two were poor. Lewis had a shocker. You can’t carry half a team in a derby. If we’d shown up at all I’m confident the outcome would have been much different. We are due a big performance in the semi now after that embarrassment.

Green-Hibee-7
03-03-2020, 09:06 PM
Listen we will all go for a good bevvy and day out in Glasgow for the Semi, but anyone who thinks we will beat them on the day are delusional.

Even if we won tonight there’s no way we beat them. When they need to win against Hibs they do. It’s been that way for as long as I have supported Hibs. I would have rather had Rangers in the semi.

I’d imagine much like 2006 there will be huge numbers after tonight who aren’t fancying that. They will get there big bounce out of it and sell it out. We will have big gaps. Woeful.

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 09:07 PM

Spot on. People criticise Whitts but he was exactly what we needed in the middle tonight.

Smartie
03-03-2020, 09:08 PM

I’d be gunning for some of the biggest ones first - Docherty was atrocious, absolutely nowhere near the required level. The tone was set and the game was lost in midfield, Allan was also pitiful.

It’s still quite raw but I’m a bit bamboozled by it - we picked what looked to be, on paper, an excellent team but it didn’t work. I don’t know what we do differently in the semi.

CMurdoch
03-03-2020, 09:14 PM
listen we will all go for a good bevvy and day out in glasgow for the semi, but anyone who thinks we will beat them on the day are delusional.

Even if we won tonight there’s no way we beat them. When they need to win against hibs they do. It’s been that way for as long as i have supported hibs. I would have rather had rangers in the semi.

I’d imagine much like 2006 there will be huge numbers after tonight who aren’t fancying that. They will get there big bounce out of it and sell it out. We will have big gaps. Woeful.

ltyf

Irish_Steve
03-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Lots of people on the way out said "I`m no going to the semi now".

Even my son who is an ardent Hibs fan is having second thoughts after that performance. We have just given them a massive boost of confidence and we will crumble - again

Green-Hibee-7
03-03-2020, 09:30 PM
ltyf

Aye good one!

Instead of just accusing a fellow Hibs fan as a Jambo, raise an argument as to when the pressure has really been on how many times in your lifetime have you seen us beat them when it really mattered.

I’m 27, I’d say 2016 and the following year is the only times we have done something of note against them. In fact maybe even 2007 with Collins.

It’s fair game after tonight to assume the Semi is a forgone conclusion if we put in performances half hearted as that. If you fail to see that or think that people won’t be put off a semi because of this, i think it’s naive.

Being classed as a Jambo also almost as bad a feeling as the night as well haha!!

Frankhfc
03-03-2020, 09:39 PM
Lots of people on the way out said "I`m no going to the semi now".

Even my son who is an ardent Hibs fan is having second thoughts after that performance. We have just given them a massive boost of confidence and we will crumble - again

The semi's a wee while away yet. I guarantee the same supporters will be clamouring for tickets nearer the time once the dust has settled on the one tonight. Its different game entirely and will likely play out differently. We'll sell a fair chunk of our allocation.

Irish_Steve
03-03-2020, 09:43 PM
The semi's a wee while away yet. I guarantee the same supporters will be clamouring for tickets nearer the time once the dust has settled on the one tonight. Its different game entirely and will likely play out differently. We'll sell a fair chunk of our allocation.

Therein lies the problem - we may sell out a fair chunk of our tickets, after that performance tonight, Hearts will sell-out there allocation

percy veer
03-03-2020, 09:46 PM
That statement sums up someone who has very rarely watched hibs, I think 6-2 was the last pumping we have witnessed