PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly the semi final has got a lot more important

Diclonius
03-03-2020, 08:36 PM
Win that or I'm quite happy for none of the current squad of players or management to remain at the club beyond the season.

Since90+2
03-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Win that or I'm quite happy for none of the current squad of players or management to remain at the club beyond the season.

When we beat them that day nobody will give a ***** about today's performance.

Heisenberg
03-03-2020, 08:38 PM

****ing hell. We’re into “Ross out” territory already. Knees jerking all over the place.

Diclonius
03-03-2020, 08:39 PM
****ing hell. We’re into “Ross out” territory already. Knees jerking all over the place.

I thought we were out of "let Hearts walk all over us regardless of their team" territory. I was wrong.

timewilltell
03-03-2020, 08:40 PM

Here we go again..Do you never learn?

Since90+2
03-03-2020, 08:42 PM
Here we go again..Do you never learn?

So we can't beat them in the semi? Do you never learn?

You're right. Give up now. We won't win. hearts are great. That better?

rcarter1
03-03-2020, 08:42 PM
I thought we were out of "let Hearts walk all over us regardless of their team" territory. I was wrong.

A lot of new faces in our team, and they just didn’t get it today. Hearts were well prepped and pumped up, take it on chin and drop the complacency at being above them in the table.

murray26
03-03-2020, 08:46 PM
All this it will be easy.. I don’t want to win a want to hammer them crap was really pissing me off.. no more complacency.. regroup and get on with our season

Craig_in_Prague
03-03-2020, 08:47 PM
It'll be a Celtic Hearts final.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 08:48 PM
That would never have happened under Stubbs or Lennon. They had many faults but they had balls. They could fire a team up. Ross wins the semi or he can go.

Since452
Lol we aren't winning the semi

Davy Mac

Sadly, questions will be asked about his preparation and motivation. Dunno, didn't like his comments about he doesn't think he will be here if the bigger budget comes to fruition.

Since90+2
03-03-2020, 08:49 PM
Lol we aren't winning the semi

What a pathetic attitude to take. I genuinely pity you.

Heisenberg
03-03-2020, 08:50 PM
That would never have happened under Stubbs or Lennon. They had many faults but they had balls. They could fire a team up. Ross wins the semi or he can go.

How many games did Stubbs or Lennon have us turn up at Tiny and win out of interest?

One bad result and performance against Hearts and the knives are out. This place is ****ing mental.

neil7908
03-03-2020, 08:50 PM

I just think Hibs fans are sick of this. Club have set out plans to increase season tickets, improve the stadium etc and then this.

We didn't just lose, we were awful against the worst Hearts team in ages who are deservedly bottom of the league.

That result reeks of something very wrong.

Pretty Boy
03-03-2020, 08:51 PM
Anyone who thought the semi, or tonight, was a gimme is, to put it bluntly, an idiot or hasn't watched us against Hearts in the last 30 years.

It's a huge game and, to borrow a phrase, there is no 'comfort blanket' of poppy thieving or Lithuanian pensioners to fall back on this time.

Irish_Steve

Were you actually at the game tonight, they were better than us in every department and by a far margin. As per usual, they wanted it and we didnt seem to have a clue. The semi will go the same way

Since452
What a pathetic attitude to take. I genuinely pity you.

They've just pumped us at home and are bottom of the league. I admire your delusion

Lago
Complete over reaction re Ross on your part.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 08:52 PM
How many games did Stubbs or Lennon have us turn up at Tiny and win out of interest?

One bad result and performance against Hearts and the knives are out. This place is ****ing mental.

Hecky won at Tynie. So did Fenlon. Means nothing when you do that at home. Disgusting performance tonight.

1 8 7 5

Shocking post.

hfc rd
F***** dreading this now. After tonight, you just don’t know what to expect.

Tonight’s performance was like watching a Calderwood/Fenlon derby performance. 2nd best all over the pitch. I bloody hope to God, we see a different Hibs at Hampden on Easter weekend.

Heisenberg
Hecky won at Tynie. So did Fenlon. Means nothing when you do that at home. Disgusting performance tonight.

Yes it was an awful performance. Doesn’t mean Jack Ross should be sacked. He shouldn’t be sacked if we lose the semi either.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 08:53 PM
Buzzing to watch 25k hearts fans have the time of their life.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 08:53 PM
Yes it was an awful performance. Doesn’t mean Jack Ross should be sacked. He shouldn’t be sacked if we lose the semi either.

If it's as bad as tonight he should be sacked.

1 8 7 5
03-03-2020, 08:54 PM
Buzzing to watch 25k hearts fans have the time of their life.

MW, your going to give yourself aheart attack. Calm doon!

cabbage_88

1 bad result? Did you see the last 2 games at Easter Road against them?

1 8 7 5
They HAD to win. We didnt.

Heisenberg
03-03-2020, 08:55 PM

Jack Ross wasn’t the manager for either. Folk are already wanting Ross out after tonight. It’s crazy.

Irish_Steve
03-03-2020, 08:55 PM

They wanted to win

SideBurns
03-03-2020, 09:01 PM

Think my laddie summed it up for me - worst derby performance since May 2012. These players have one game left this season to make it up to the fans, and I don't think they have the bottle for it. Or the ability, to be honest.

Every one of them should be embarrassed.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 09:02 PM

I'm hoping it's a fatal one. Actually feel sick watching that tonight.

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2020, 09:04 PM
It'll be a Celtic Hearts final.

lots of money to be made

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 09:06 PM
We should have been winning tonight and the semi. They'd won three league games all season before tonight and were bottom of the league. JR needs to answer why such a pathetic and insipid performance. I've seen much worse Hibs teams but tonight's team was amongst the most spineless.

Craig_in_Prague
03-03-2020, 09:07 PM
lots of money to be made

and money shall, be made.

Hibbyradge
03-03-2020, 09:08 PM
The semi final is exactly as important as it was this morning.

Lago
03-03-2020, 09:11 PM
Let's hope the players realise that!

SideBurns
03-03-2020, 09:11 PM

Correct. Just as important, but less likely to result in a positive outcome for us. If Hearts had scrambled a 1-0 win in a backs to the wall job, there might be cause for optimism but they played us off the park and 3-1 flattered Hibs.

Since452
03-03-2020, 09:13 PM
It's s massive wake up call that we can't just rock up to Hampden and expect to win

Pagan Hibernia
03-03-2020, 09:14 PM
I’d rather lose tonight and win the semifinal than the other way round.

whether that will happen or not is another mater entirely but at least we have that chance of redemption. Those players have a hell of a lot of making up to do

Hibbyradge
03-03-2020, 09:14 PM
Correct. Just as important, but less likely to result in a positive outcome for us. If Hearts had scrambled a 1-0 win in a backs to the wall job, there might be cause for optimism but they played us off the park and 3-1 flattered Hibs.

I agree.

We had a full strength team tonight against their injury hampered 11 and we were slaughtered.

Something has to change for the semi.

Hillsidehibby
03-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Hope they win but I will not be there. Fed up with this pish... and you can do all your wee wavy smilie ***** if you want.

Jim44
03-03-2020, 09:20 PM
We won’t be Billy big baws at Hampden. They will be strong favourites and I expect a reaction from us.

Mixu1875
03-03-2020, 09:20 PM

What? When they beat us 2-1? Or we scraped a 1-1 draw? They’re unbeaten in 4 at ER. That is unacceptable tbh.

DH1875
03-03-2020, 09:24 PM
Anyone who thought the semi, or tonight, was a gimme is, to put it bluntly, an idiot or hasn't watched us against Hearts in the last 30 years.

It's a huge game and, to borrow a phrase, there is no 'comfort blanket' of poppy thieving or Lithuanian pensioners to fall back on this time.

I'm an idiot. After 30 years of following hibs I genuinely thought this was our moment. Was buzzing for tonight. Was over by half time.

DH1875
03-03-2020, 09:26 PM

Disagree. Becomes 10 times more important now.

One Day
03-03-2020, 09:29 PM
So we can't beat them in the semi? Do you never learn?

You're right. Give up now. We won't win. hearts are great. That better?

Hearts tactics in the semi will be the same as tonight, get in about Hibs. If we cant come up with better than we had tonight we wont beat them. We need to match them.

Coco Bryce
03-03-2020, 09:32 PM
It never matters how ***** Hertz are. They're always still good enough to beat us when it counts.

Hibbyradge
03-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Disagree. Becomes 10 times more important now.

It's a game against Hearts for a place in the final.

Why would it have been less important if we'd won tonight?

CmoantheHibs
03-03-2020, 09:33 PM
I agree.

We had a full strength team tonight against their injury hampered 11 and we were slaughtered.

Something has to change for the semi.

Attitude Plain and simple.Change that then it's a totally different game. Tonight may be a blessing in disguise if the players realise what it means and what is required.

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2020, 12:42 AM
The importance of it hasn't changed. What has is the way we now know Hibs have to approach it, because if we thought before tonight that our relative league positions meant anything that has been killed stone dead.

Whatever team JR puts out at Hampden they can be under no illusions now that if they put in the effort and pish play they did tonight they will get what they deserve ... which will be absolutely nothing. If that isn't enough just as professional players surely tae **** their pride will be hurting and they will be bursting for revenge and you would hope the opportunity to pay back their fans for such a let down.

If there is any positive to come out of tonight its that we now know how Hearts will approach the game, why would they change their style or shape after how it worked for them? Time will tell if Jack Ross has the tactical nous and motivational skills to make this team capable of winning that game.

Onion
04-03-2020, 03:09 AM
F***** dreading this now. After tonight, you just don’t know what to expect.

Tonight’s performance was like watching a Calderwood/Fenlon derby performance. 2nd best all over the pitch. I bloody hope to God, we see a different Hibs at Hampden on Easter weekend.

And for all those demanding we sell out Hampden ... that ship has sailed. Last night has ensured there will be plenty of empty seats at the Hibs end and a full house at the other end.

At the moment, if Hibs were top 3 and Hearts rock bottom, you'd STILL expect Hearts to put in more effort and bully us all over the Hampden turf. That expectation will keep thousands of Hibs fans away. You cannot trust Hibs players to put in the effort which is a shocking state of affairs.

California-Hibs
04-03-2020, 03:48 AM
Maybe, just maybe, Ross and the players can channel this hurt and anger into putting it right in the Semis?...

Time will tell but I was absolutely convinced we'd win yesterday, that was a shadow of Hibs recent performances.

Win the Semi though and last night will be quickly forgotten.

MacGruber
04-03-2020, 04:48 AM
Hearts won both games last night. They won their premiership survival and a place in the final. They now know they own us. Hearts fans have the whole day to enjoy themselves drinking in the pubs beforehand and debating about how much they will win by.

We couldn't live with them, at home, full strength, in form. We aren't going to do anything at Hampden other than completely embarass ourselves again. Jack Ross post match comments were a window into the soft side of thebclub. No rage. Practically an oh well shrug of the shoulders response. Talking about how we have a massive game Saturday to put it right. We don't, 3rd is gone now. Home game v bottom of the league and not just beaten, smashed.

Open attractive football with 3 at the back - not for the intensity and physical battle of the derby. We'll do the same at Hampden absolutely no doubt. Lennon took good form.players out for derby games and put in bigger physical players. It's a battle, one we clearly don't have the guts for.

I would say if but when we lose the semi Ross can go and take McNulty with him.

Since90+2
04-03-2020, 04:59 AM
Hearts won both games last night. They won their premiership survival and a place in the final. They now know they own us. Hearts fans have the whole day to enjoy themselves drinking in the pubs beforehand and debating about how much they will win by.

We couldn't live with them, at home, full strength, in form. We aren't going to do anything at Hampden other than completely embarass ourselves again. Jack Ross post match comments were a window into the soft side of thebclub. No rage. Practically an oh well shrug of the shoulders response. Talking about how we have a massive game Saturday to put it right. We don't, 3rd is gone now. Home game v bottom of the league and not just beaten, smashed.

Open attractive football with 3 at the back - not for the intensity and physical battle of the derby. We'll do the same at Hampden absolutely no doubt. Lennon took good form.players out for derby games and put in bigger physical players. It's a battle, one we clearly don't have the guts for.

I would say if but when we lose the semi Ross can go and take McNulty with him.

What a load of absolute nonsense. I really hope people like yourself stay away from the semi final , any game infact , with that ingrained loser defeatist mentality.

MacGruber
04-03-2020, 05:09 AM
What a load of absolute nonsense. I really hope people like yourself stay away from the semi final , any game infact , with that ingrained loser defeatist mentality.

Ah you are right. Should be starting a 'lets take 7' thread instead.

Roll on semi - humped - inevitable. We all know it, they know it. If it makes you feel better I can join in the pretence...... aye that sets us up nicely for revenge, we'll run riot, looking forward to it. End result is the same. Beaten before a ball is kicked, just like tonight

Since90+2
04-03-2020, 05:26 AM
Ah you are right. Should be starting a 'lets take 7' thread instead.

Roll on semi - humped - inevitable. We all know it, they know it. If it makes you feel better I can join in the pretence...... aye that sets us up nicely for revenge, we'll run riot, looking forward to it. End result is the same. Beaten before a ball is kicked, just like tonight

That's the worst we have played in years. If we turn up and play at capacity we are more than capable of beating them at Hampden. Nobody has mentioned taking 7 off them but we have the players to beat them if they turn up and perform on the day.

Honestly the club doesn't want or need people like yourself in and around it with a mindset that is constantly defeatist , downtrodden and almost subservient to Hearts. It's pathetic and sad to see.

MacGruber
04-03-2020, 05:30 AM
Your last paragraph sums up the hibs team last night unfortunately

Waxy
04-03-2020, 05:39 AM
We will have poor games,our manager wont always get it right regardless how good we are.
I’m just glad we went on a run to pull away from the bottom.
Hearts are still in a dogfight and can still go down.

Since452
04-03-2020, 05:44 AM
The whole tide has turned in their favour for Hampden. That was our strongest side bar Newell and they deservedly pumped us with their best two players on the bench. Could easily have been 4 or 5.

matty_f
04-03-2020, 05:44 AM

We did have to win, that's why that was so sickening.

Green_one
04-03-2020, 06:10 AM
The whole tide has turned in their favour for Hampden. That was our strongest side bar Newell and they deservedly pumped us with their best two players on the bench. Could easily have been 4 or 5.

This is my worry. People can take a positive stance but what we saw on Tuesday does not support thinking we will win the semi. If it does - how???? Realism is not a crime.

Plus we have been failing to make ground in the league for third. The Livi result knocked that too. We now start to need good results against the likes of Aberdeen. History is not on our side there.

Additionally the fans, as we can see from this thread, have had their confidence undermined. We were very quiet tonight.

SideBurns
04-03-2020, 06:31 AM
Long, painful experience has taught me never to be confident going into a derby. But last night I didn't think we could get played off the park so comprehensively and in every department. Hearts looked like they had an extra man on the park - both with the ball, and without it.

Any illusion that we have an advantage over them on a bigger park has been shattered (I believed that too, before last night). There is no reason whatsoever to be confident for Hampden, and God help us if anything happens to Boyle as we've nothing else to worry them with - and they know it.

Percy Vere
04-03-2020, 06:40 AM

You’re clearly a fair weather supporter. We’re you one of those walking with a half hour to go? Utterly ridiculous statement.
It was rubbish last night but we got what we deserved.
Wake up call for the semi, we need to turn up.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 06:41 AM
You’re clearly a fair weather supporter. We’re you one of those walking with a half hour to go? Utterly ridiculous statement.
It was rubbish last night but we got what we deserved.
Wake up call for the semi, we need to turn up.

Actually wanting us to have a spine in big games isn't fairweather. I go every week and I agree with him. Lose that and I'd be keeping very few of them.

Ross has had 2 real big games at Easter Road now, Rangers and Hearts. We got destroyed in both.

HibeeHibernian4
04-03-2020, 06:42 AM
What? When they beat us 2-1? Or we scraped a 1-1 draw? They’re unbeaten in 4 at ER. That is unacceptable tbh.

We didn’t scrape a 1-1 draw what the **** are you on about?

WhileTheChief..
04-03-2020, 06:45 AM

Ach , just let him crack on!

mcohibs
04-03-2020, 06:51 AM
We will have poor games,our manager wont always get it right regardless how good we are.
I’m just glad we went on a run to pull away from the bottom.
Hearts are still in a dogfight and can still go down.

We've saved their season. 6 points at Easter road will probably keep them up. Disgraceful

Steven79
04-03-2020, 06:56 AM
The importance of it hasn't changed. What has is the way we now know Hibs have to approach it, because if we thought before tonight that our relative league positions meant anything that has been killed stone dead.

Whatever team JR puts out at Hampden they can be under no illusions now that if they put in the effort and pish play they did tonight they will get what they deserve ... which will be absolutely nothing. If that isn't enough just as professional players surely tae **** their pride will be hurting and they will be bursting for revenge and you would hope the opportunity to pay back their fans for such a let down.

If there is any positive to come out of tonight its that we now know how Hearts will approach the game, why would they change their style or shape after how it worked for them? Time will tell if Jack Ross has the tactical nous and motivational skills to make this team capable of winning that game.Anybody who watched the Rangers game would have been able to tell you how they were going to play tonight.

We should have been ready for it...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Onion
04-03-2020, 06:57 AM
Long, painful experience has taught me never to be confident going into a derby. But last night I didn't think we could get played off the park so comprehensively and in every department. Hearts looked like they had an extra man on the park - both with the ball, and without it.

Any illusion that we have an advantage over them on a bigger park has been shattered (I believed that too, before last night). There is no reason whatsoever to be confident for Hampden, and God help us if anything happens to Boyle as we've nothing else to worry them with - and they know it.

Until yesterday, I thought the semi was all about how Hibs played. Turn up, fight hard and we win the game. Now, that’s no longer my view. The last 2 results have been massive for Hearts, one in the cup and now the league. I now expect them to kick on, easily avoid relegation and have a real chance of the cup. That would be a great season for them.

Hibs on the other hand are struggling defensively and probably blown their chance of 3/4th. All the pressure for the semi is now piled onto Hibs, and they look poorly placed to cope with it.