PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Horgan - this is his type of game

Springbank
03-03-2020, 12:46 PM
Have a good feeling Daryl will come off the bench tonight to make a match winning contribution.

He loves a derby against the jambos - they cant handle his close control and two footed dribbling

Good luck come on the Hibs!
:flag:

500miles
03-03-2020, 12:50 PM
I'd be very tempted to have him on the left and Boyle on the right, especially given they're playing Smith in midfield and Claire at fullback.

Heckys Wheel
03-03-2020, 12:53 PM
I'd be very tempted to have him on the left and Boyle on the right, especially given they're playing Smith in midfield and Claire at fullback.

Smith was back at full back against Rangers

Steve88
03-03-2020, 12:53 PM
Problem with DH is he can’t track back and defence which is crucial as a wing back in the 3-5-2

vahibbie
03-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Hope we are comfortably ahead by the time Horgan makes an appearance.
Suspect Smith will be somewhere in their defence tonite but doubt it will help them any:agree:

Captain Trips
03-03-2020, 01:07 PM
I like Horgan but sometimes he can't handle his own close control and dribbling.

Match will be in bag before he comes on to destroy.

Hibernian Verse
03-03-2020, 01:21 PM
Start with Horgan and Boyle. The day I worry about where Michael Smith is playing in a Hearts team sitting bottom is the day I'll give up football.

Brightside
03-03-2020, 01:22 PM
From the bench only please. With 30 mins to go.

Bobby's Cinema
03-03-2020, 01:23 PM
From the bench only please. With 30 mins to go.
agreed.

KeithTheHibby
03-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Horgan is an impact player and at the moment doesn't justify a starting berth.

The only change I would make to the team from Friday is Omeonga in for Whittaker. We need legs in midfield, the wee man gives us them.

hibbysam
03-03-2020, 01:27 PM
McNulty likes to drift out to the left, with Boyle on the right, Stevenson is the best option we have for left wing back tonight. Team will be fairly straight forward id imagine. Steph in for Whitts being the only change.

Springbank
03-03-2020, 01:52 PM
Agree with all the above - it's great having 2 players on the bench (Horgan and Gullan) that you think "bring him on and we'll get more goals"

Whether they come on a 1-1 or 2-1 or 3-1 they are likely to cause problems for Hearts, great impact subs as folk above have said

Looking forward to tonight, feels similar to the build up to the 2-0 Natural Order derby to me

Anthony Soprano
03-03-2020, 03:07 PM
Problem with DH is he can’t track back and defence which is crucial as a wing back in the 3-5-2

Tbf that's a weakness of Boyle's as well, Inverness' first goal on Friday came partly because he didn't track back and lost his man.

Agree though, Horgan doesn't fit the formation

Onceinawhile
03-03-2020, 04:22 PM
Tbf that's a weakness of Boyle's as well, Inverness' first goal on Friday came partly because he didn't track back and lost his man.

Agree though, Horgan doesn't fit the formation

Against Livi as well. Tracks his man until he gets in to the box and then just stops.

madhatter
03-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Horgan isn't good enough for Hibs. He could be good enough based on some of his attacking qualities but he comes across as an over-thinker. His cut back to cross is almost scripted and more than a few times he has skinned himself as well as the defender...

Probably a bit harsh but he plays football in his head too much and it shows on the pitch - picks the wrong choice after being smacked in the face by the right choice. When he escapes this trend he can put in really good performances but unfortunately these are very infrequent.

Impact sub at most tonight please.